(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

565 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 1 of 3.
#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

the standard and LE owners deserve Gold!

Where did you get that ?

Great mod !

LTG : )

2 months later
#114 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

What's the trick to getting the topper installed? Seems like the screws are too short, unless I'm using the wrong ones...

They should go through the hole in the front of the metal channel the topper sits in, through the topper, and into the threaded holes in the channel the topper sits in. Then put the black plastic plugs in the holes in front.

1 week later
#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Yeah, hopefully they figured out why that upper playfield won't stay still.

If it's moving in attract mode, shutting the game off, wait a minute, and turn back on, should fix that.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where do you download this new code?

From Eric ( hogbog ) 4 hours ago in JJP Live thread :

https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

Thursday - 3PM central-

Join us on Twitch for New JJPOTC code drop.

Liars' Dice!

ALL 5 Movie Wizard Modes

New point balancing

General awesomeness

See you there!

#231 5 years ago

Chest have a screw or something come loose from underneath ?

1 week later
#320 5 years ago

Pinball Mayhem guys shot some video. LTG : )

#327 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

In my opinion it is head and shoulders better than what anyone else is producing right now.

I keep hearing from many of my players that it's the best JJP game, and I have all four here.

2 weeks later
#408 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Games fork mech under the treasure chest is not working. Just opened up a ticket with JJP. Maybe hoping Lloyd has a solution in the meantime.

Work it up and down a few times, lightly grease metal to metal parts. Go into Tests - Coils - high power interlock switch pulled out, raise and lower the fork thing a few times. You should be good to go.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I tried all 7 bolts on that left front top hole and none worked. The one bolt that caught initially, it took the first two threads right off the bolt.

Rethread the leg plate.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Haven’t had to do that before, what do I need tool wise?

Open a ticket under Support at jerseyjackpinball.com or call them, to get a new bracket and bolt. If you don't have a tap and die set.

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Whats the weight on jjpotc?

Hobbit is about 350 pounds, I suspect Pirates about the same, maybe a little lighter.

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe they made the upper playfield easy to flip up to make adjustments...

Pull out clip on axle holding arm that hooks the motor to mini playfield ( behind playfield wall ) remove loong allen head set screw back there. Pull the pirate ship playfield back a little and lifts up.

Enough to work on it, if you need to remove it, some connectors below main playfield are involved, mark the opto ones.

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I'm thinking about getting a POTC but I want to make sure I get the most recent build. Can you guys tell me what has been fixed from the first games that were shipped? I believe the ball getting stuck on the right ramp transition is something that has been fixed, has there been any other corrections that have been made recently or more importantly . . .any fixes that are coming soon or should be made?

The rocking ship pivots were changed after the first 20 games, and those have all been dealt with.

Nothing else to worry about, or coming. Buy your POTC with confidence of a great game.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

what should I look for?

I doubt it. If ball doesn't roll off the rocking ship and down the right plastic ramp, tighten the screw a little squishing the robber grommet and lowering the ramp.

#601 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

The 2x post is up against the metal behind it. Is that normal?

Yes.

#605 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Haven't dug into it yet myself to see if I can figure it out.

Still got the styrofoam shipping block back there ? Loosen the two screws on the arm that rocks it and try adjusting it, maybe it's to tight in one direction ?

#607 5 years ago
Quoted from JohnA:

1. I have a test report is showing this message: "Check matrixed switch #48, Target Ship Hit (stuck closed)" I have no idea how to fix this.

Ignore it. You'll get random errors. Play a lot of great games and they'll go away.

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

How is that fixed?

Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed, bang on playfield. Adjust any switch reporting on the screen that vibration triggers.

#622 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

should be getting my game in a few weeks. what are the majority of you doing for the leg bolts, rethreading them or getting new brackets from jjp?

Check if the grounding braid is in there before you run the bolts in.Your game will likely be fine.

#637 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

is it normal for the #70 opto to always be active?

If the interrupter is parked on it, yes.

Quoted from pickleric:

What do you do if the grounding braid is in there? Take the bracket off and try to reroute part of the braid?

If you can't push it out of the way, I'd remove the bracket, slide it over, put the bracket back on.

#650 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'd rather just remove it... if I can figure out how..

Unhook the clip holding the arm that rocks it. Remove the long allen head screw back there. Whole playfield slides back and up and out. You can lean it enough to work on it, or unhook connectors below the playfield to remove from the game. Mark opto connectors to which spots they go in.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Any suggestions or any fixes for it?

Looks like left side of auto plunger needs to go more to the left so the ball sits closer to the plunger.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Here is an updated pick. The washer still hits the auto plunger and hit it forward

If it's hitting on one side, move your plunger housing over a little, three screws hold it to the cabinet inside , loosen and move and retighten.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

It's hitting the top.

Try lowering the shooter housing.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I would like to know if the LE I ordered will come with the same type of great printed and bound manual that my WOZRR & THBA came with.

The compare list doesn't say anything about a printed manual for any model.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC-Matrix-New.pdf

Download the one on the website, and check for updates to it.

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

2. My topper does not light up. Traced the wires back and it’s plugged in and reseated. Still nothing.

Power at the connector ?

3. Sometimes release for the balls in the chest. It will leave 1 ball in and then not be able to find it even with ball search. The chest ball release is not always releasing it, even in testing, but the mech seems all put together fine.

Try increasing or decreasing time in settings.

. 1. When engaging left flipper in a game (upper or lower) it makes a clang or metal on metal sound

4. After 10 games of 3 players, my left flipper on the ship will not move. It is stuck in the resting or down position.

Please inspect for anything loose, broken, or missing on flipper mechs.

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikey1983:

Hello everyone where can i find the tortuga vuk coil strengte in the coil menu?

If it has one, Settings - Coils.

#699 5 years ago

No idea of name, one of the six vertical up kickers. Go into Tests - Coils and fire each one and figure out the one you want.

#711 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Three switches aren’t working.

Play a bunch of games, they may go away.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How do you lift the mpf?

Back of playfield pull the clip off and slide flat metal thing that hooks motor to rocking playfield. Remove the long allen head set screw. Slide ship playfield back and it lifts up. Probably enough for standard maintenance. To fully remove it, unhook connectors below the playfield, mark the opto ones where they plug onto the board.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Having trouble with the chest release not firing. As mentioned before it doesn't seem to be close enough to catch.

Has the relay come loose from the chest ?

Quoted from Fordgt44:

The only thing not working is the ship. First 2 games it rocked fine then in the middle of the third game it stopped and won't rock anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

See picture, be sure the two screws didn't fall out of the bracket. Did you remove the styrofoam block back there ? Make sure a connector didn't pop off of the I/O board in the head.

potcship (resized).jpegpotcship (resized).jpeg
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

My ship stopped rocking this evening.

Look at the rear if the two metal screws fell out of the part that hooks the motor to the ship.

#755 5 years ago

You can hear it fire, you see it trying but the magnet isn’t pulling the release. Also stumped :sigh:

Check if the relay is loose behind the chest.

#757 5 years ago

I can see the mech, what does that look like?

Behind the chest. A simple relay that pulls in or releases out, and the arm that traps the balls or lets them go is hooked to it.

Any ideas on the flipper?

Please go into Tests - Dedicated - push flipper button in slowly, two switches should register on the screen, first one then the second. The second one is for upper flippers, leaf blade switch, might need adjusting so it's closer to flipper button.

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

but should the large foam block be removed?

Yes.

Quoted from Rbviessman:

Also tested voltage to the motor. Nothing. In ship test mode with coin door closed.

I'd follow wiring up to and onto the I/O board in the head. See if a connector came off.

#775 5 years ago

I also am wondering could it be a poor solder or a cold solder?

Yes.

Does JJP send out techs?

No. Frank the service manager may have some he can refer you to. Also check with your distributor for help.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

How long should I run it in test mode without damaging the motor? Any other suggestions?

I wouldn't run it long, won't damage anything. Not necessary.

Somewhere in the bundle of wires or what they connect to, you have a loose connection. If problem returns, please check all from under playfield to I/O board and see if any are loose. Give them all a good push.

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Why would it slow down little by little and then stop?

Poor connection coming undone.

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

If my new car had major issues and the dealer told me they would provide parts, but I had to do the work.... i honestly cant think of any other product where the buyer is expected to do the work to a brand new product.

Does your car dealer come to your house and fix your car ? Or do you have to get your car to the dealer ?

Buy your pinball machine from a distributor who will assist you after the sale, if you need more than parts.

#820 5 years ago

Just saw this message, will PM you now. Thank you.

Also call 732-364-9900 and try and get ahold of Steve. He's on the road to Fla. If anywhere near you, maybe he can stop by.

#822 5 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

wondering if mine shifted a touch out of alignment.

Easy to adjust them to your liking.

#834 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

How do I resolve this?

There is a screw in front of the hex post below the spot light on the right top side of the ramp. It runs through a rubber grommet. Turn it tighter to lower the ramp to the right so the ball rolls off the gate.

#851 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

The whole ramp is only held up on one side which may be the issue with the ramp not sitting level.

The ramp shouldn't be level, should be leaning to the right a bit, at the top by the pirate ship playfield.

#854 5 years ago

the ramp not sitting level.

The ramp shouldn't sit level. The ramp should lean to the right.

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Can you send a pic?

White X is the boat. Orange arrow and X is the metal bracket hooked to the ramp. Red arrow points to screw to screw up or down as needed. Yellow is rubber grommet you squish or unsquish as needed. Green arrow is hex post the rubber grommet rests on and the screw goes through the rubber grommet into the hex post.

DSC00679 (resized).JPGDSC00679 (resized).JPG
#863 5 years ago

Ok where the heck are these from?

Hold the coin chutes to the coin door.

#864 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hold the coin chutes to the coin door.

Red arrows point to them.

DSC00681 (resized).JPGDSC00681 (resized).JPG
#867 5 years ago

Woah! Why are they midway back in the cab

They were running away from home. And the front door was locked.

#919 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When I press it while in the switch matrix it doesn’t register as anything, should it?

No, it kicks the ball when a ball hits the rubber ring activating the switches fore and aft.

#1016 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

It didn't say it was a ticket so I don't know if it's the right place to send it

Give them a call during business hours on Monday.

#1061 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikey1983:

Hello I have a probleem on my black pearl
Hoe do I remove HIM from THE playfield?

Turn the game off. Remove the wireform to the plastic ramp leading up to the black pearl. Remove two screws in front holding ramp down and remove the screw holding metal ramp bracket to the hex post below the spotlight. You can leave ramp plugged in and move out of the way.

The black pearl has enough slack in wiring, you can lift it and hold sideways to work on it. If you want to completely remove it, then unplug the connectors below the playfield.

Remove the clip holding the metal arm that hooks the motor to the black playfield nd lowr the metal arm, behind the back wall of the playfield. Right in front of the wall between it and the black pearl is an allen head long screw. Remove it. Slide black pearl back, then lift up once you cleared the two bearing points.

#1064 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I checked and there are no switch errors.

Tests - Switch Edge - bang on playfield - any switches registering because of vibration ?

#1068 5 years ago

my upper pf is no longer rocking.

Did you remove the styrofoam shipping block back there ? The long flat metal piece hooked to the motor and playfield has two screws, loosen them and adjust the arm so it isn't too tight and retighten the screws.

#1090 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Also, are the two left LEDs on the black pearl supposed to be less lit than the two right ones?

See post 1021 in this thread.

Quoted from FightNightFZ:

Anyone have issues with the chest not releasing balls and the game trying to locate balls?

Check that the relay/arm is on tight, and when you pull in the relay the arm lifts freely. In settings you can play with the time on the release, less or more.

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Anyone have an easy solution to the ball getting stuck here at the top of the right ramp?

See the screw the red arrow is pointing to ? Screw it down more and squish the rubber grommet. This lower the right corner of the ramp. The ramp should lean that direction.

#1133 5 years ago

Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Bang on playfield. Adjust any that vibration triggers on the screen.

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

one tong is rubbing on the side of the PF.

Can you bend it a little ?

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Threading that thing back in was a MAJOR pain.

I use a 10 inch long allen head T handle wrench, with one finger hold the screw on the wrench and stick it in the hole and screw it in.

#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

What size allen wrench for this job?

To secure the backbox to the body ? One comes with the game.

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from roddog:

What size allen wrench for this job?

To secure the backbox to the body ? One comes with the game.

5/16ths in case you are curious.

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I was referring to the size of the "10 inch long allen head T handle wrench" in the case of the Black Pearl getting wonky.

Ten inches. HaHa, I kill me.

1/8th inch.

#1328 5 years ago

I would go over the plunger at the end of the ball trough that kicks the balls into play. If it's a tiny bit higher than should be, it will trap the balls from rolling into position.

The plunger/coil/bracket as a whole can be moved up or down using by loosening the four screws on the end of the ball trough. Don't go too high or two low.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

I have to nudge the machine to push them over so the optos see them....

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809 Cures magnetized ball issues. ( and later divot in the ball trough issues )

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

my POTC trough has gotten flakier little by little over the last 100 games.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809 Cures magnetized ball issues.

#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Get some wd40 from the underside in there

Don't get any on the plastic button. It will weld it shut.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

How can i set the Ramp lower?

See the red arrow ? Turn that screw tighter squishing the rubber grommet and thus lowering the right side of the ramp. The ramp should lean a little to the right.

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Is that normal?

The arm behind the back wall that hooks the playfield to the motor has two screws to adjust it. Be sure the arm isn't too tight or too loose.

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Is there enough slack to flip the upper playfield upside down?

On it's side. Not upside down.

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

(I'm at a bar a mile from the factory, actually. I've been in Lakewood NJ getting the CEs off the line

You deserve a break. Great job you've done.

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

LTG are you up to the task?

I've made some for CGC. But I don't want to step on any toes. I believe Butch is going to make some JJP videos.

#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Anyone happen to know?

Switch protector by the whirlpool ramp.

DSC00698 (resized).JPGDSC00698 (resized).JPG
#1468 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Anyone able to give me a sanity check on this one?

Page B-37 in the manual ( download from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support - Downloads ) - Bumpers VUK Strength specify the firing strength for the tortuga VUK coil.

In Settings - Coils.

#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Nut on pawl not tight enough and the flipper moved.

#1628 5 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

I am new to the hobby so the little fixes are a bit intimidating at first.

Don't be afraid to reach out for help.

And in time, when you can help others, pass it on.

You'll do fine.

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

On the disk where exactly are others putting the white grease?

On the gears below the playfield. One is huge ( the spinner ) one is small ( the motor ) you can't miss them.

#1724 5 years ago

Hey ltg can you give me your step-by-step for getting the ship back in?

I don't really think about it. Just hold the ship, lower, and push towards the front. If you get the front and rear bearing right, it slides right it.

#1794 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what is the right way to update code to .98?

Follow the directions under Support - Downloads at jerseyjackpinball.com.

Back up your settings in Utilities first ( if you want to ) and restore them when all done.

Do a full install of .97, when that is all done and in the game. Then do the delta .98 update.

#1811 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

How about labeling the wires for the ship?

I'm for it. I mentioned it quite some time ago.

#1841 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Now I'm looking to find the setting that dumps out balls that were locked in previous game.

Gone from JJP games.

If everything is working, they should automatically do this.

#1870 5 years ago

Unhook the flat metal bar hooking the motor to ship. Remove the long allen head screw between ship and back wall of playfield. Turn spotlight. Pull ship playfield back and up and lean on side. Solder wires. Put stuff back.

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lloyd is working on a cinematic how to video illustrating the removal and maintenance of the upper playfield ship. My guess is he is finalizing the animations and his wardrobe to make sure it looks Perfect!

No. Butch was going to make videos and I don't want to step on any toes.

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am blind or something.

#1888 5 years ago

Anything else to check?

Return flipper spring good ? EOS closing when it should and leaf blade points clean ?

#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

says file loading.

Do you have .97 in your game ? If so, please go to jerseyjackpinball.com and download the .98 and delta install it in your game.

#1892 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

slightly used, we can help.

Got any used POTC CE's in yet ?

#1897 5 years ago

No yet, but if you need one I'm sure we can figure something out. You still have your bbb?

Still have it, not mine. Was thinking trading my LE up for it.

#1904 5 years ago

Is that a lens to a spotlight?

Yes it is.

#1912 5 years ago

a full bottle topper that doesn’t have the black board around it.

5 gallon plastic carboy is a good start.

Find a pirate ship or pirate ship kit with about an 11 inch long pirate ship. Figure your up and down motion, waves back and forth, and lightening ( flashers ).

shipbottle (resized).JPGshipbottle (resized).JPG
#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I thought all phone numbers in the US started with 555

Not all. Mine starts with 666

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Looks like lloyd is hitting the rum barrel tonight.

Coffee actually. I'm addicted. Tried a few days without and fell off the cup.

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I noticed the post in the chapter start shot is retracting slowly sometimes. Is this normal?

It should go up and down smoothly. Please check if it's binding on the playfield hole or anything else going on.

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

does windows come with a unzipping program? I cant find it,

I have windows 10.

I download the .98, put it on my desktop. It looks like a zipped folder. I put a formatted USB stick with nothing else on it into my computer. Left click the zipped folder once. Then right click. Choose extract all and send it to the USB stick. When done scurry over to the game with it turned on. Plug in the USB stick. Go to Utilities - update part, do what the screen all says. When done the screen says to unplug the USB stick and restart game, so I unplug the USB stick, turn game off, wait 30 seconds, turn game back on. Party hardy.

#1958 5 years ago

Never really thought about it but you can buy the CE playfield?

You'd have to call them and ask Shannan or Frank.

To buy any parts just for CE, you'll have to own one and provide serial numbers, etc.

#1961 5 years ago

Facial recognition liked the face on the players T Shirt better than his own face.

DSC00709 (resized).JPGDSC00709 (resized).JPG
#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is there a trick to it?

Long socket on top, wrench or nut driver on bolt below.

#1998 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Jjp did not include leg levers

Borrow some from one of your other games so you can play your new pin. I am sorry it happened.

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How are you actually attaching the figure though double sided tape or hot glue?

Two screws from the bottom up. Then two screws hold the figure/barrel to the pop bumper. Page C-32 in the manual.

I don't think double sided tape or hot glue would last long on a pop bumper.

#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Only thing I can think is there is too much play on the launch mech from side to side.

On page C-22 in the manual. One side has a washer. Can you try adding a washer or two, to limit side to side travel ?

#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Has anyone done a detailed how to video or pictures on removing the upper playfield?

Not yet. I believe Butch Peel ( the manual guy and made instructions for WOZ 2.0 lighting kit ) was going to make some videos. Ask him to see if it's in the works.
Lloyd

#2041 5 years ago

2) DJ art (cabinet, playfield, plastics, backglass), topper, body armor, barnacles, limited to 200 units.

Call Chris today. He may have one or two CE's left.

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t appear to have a tilt bob . Where should it be? It’s not anywhere in the coin box.

Should have been in a plastic bag in the coin box.

Call them if it's MIA.

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

I have a tilt bob, but it didn't come with a wing nut to attach it.

Isn't is a compression spring ? Small X shaped shiny sheet metal with a hole on top and bottom and you squeeze to install on the rod and hold the plumb bob position ? Anything like that in there ?

#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The one I got was a plastic wing nut.

You are correct. Should be a plastic wing nut.

#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

1. Sticking gold button (like everyone)

What I did on my game. Took lockdown bar off. Looked down at arm on switch. Centered it a little and bent up past the point on the switch body where the arm pushes the tiny knob into the switch. Put a blob of hot glue on the end of the button and shaped it a little when cooling so the part going down was a little wider and not sticking of the side of the arm on the switch.

#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

I just got my game setup

Quoted from Furio:

1. center button:

On my game, I held the switch arm down and a tiny bit past the point where the knob goes into the switch body, bent the arm up. A blob of hot glue on the end of the button makes a wider surface to engage the switch arm and not stick on it.

Quoted from Furio:

2. The shooter rod cannot launch the ball at all.

Assuming the playfield hangers aren't bent and playfield is in the right position, check between the shooter knob and shooter housing, any fat washers, remove some so the shooter rod is closer to the ball.

Quoted from Furio:

3. Test game launches the ball into the pearl and the ball can not leave the ship through the drain out due to the ship being set lower than the exit ramp.

Right side of the ramp/ship, below the spotlight is a screw through the metal ramp into a rubber grommet into a hex post. Screw that screw in more squeezing the rubber grommet so the ramp leans to the right.

Quoted from Furio:

The ship rocks during game play but it seems less than videos I have seen.

The ships rocks a lot more the farther into a game you progress.

Quoted from Furio:

Main set of keys didn’t work to open the top. I think the are on the inside of the door

Main keys are for coin door. Backbox lock key is hanging inside the coin door on a hook.

Quoted from Furio:

What’s an easy to find or best way to measure 6.5 degrees on a Playfield.

I use an inclinometer or - http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

#2208 5 years ago

More like LTG Mafia.

You'll wake up with a castrated monkey head in your bed.

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Any suggestions here?

Switch in the cannon working ? So it knows a ball is there.

#2218 5 years ago

Looking forward to see where you place him.

Careful. You won't be able to unsee it.

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

the cutest dam thing ever!

Cute is nice. Undead would be better.

Can't wait until the unveiling.

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone else having spotlight LED diffusers popping off a lot?

I haven't experienced that. Try a dab of hot glue or silicone.

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

SPECIAL NOTE! Christopher mentioned he still had 1 or 2 CE machines left in his slay so if your looking for a Magical Piratey Christmas he can still make it happen!!! KingPinGames!!

I'd upgrade if I could. The CE is over the top for that game.

Call Chris today, make your holidays great. 608-393-2299

#2310 5 years ago

Any ideas? Is this under the playfield? Is it on the playfield, under the ship?

Follow up, now the ship is constantly moving left to right, little tight rocking motions, and it won't stop lol.

I'd check the flat bar behind the playfield with two screws, to be sure that bar isn't too tight when moving the ship about.

The non stop should clear up if you turn the game off and back on again after a brief wait.

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

I found it...the coil of the left flipper is loose in its bracket

Are the two allen head screws loose that hold the coil stop on ? Compare to the other flippers.

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

I am 8 days into ownership and the button is already sticking and behaving badly.

Center the arm of the switch. Put a blob of hot glue on the end of the push button and flatten a bit when warm.

That should help a lot.

#2381 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

my button also pops up and halfway out of the shell

The end is misformed and shouldn't do that.

#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Any suggestions?

Motor drawing current down ? Maybe check the whole moving mech for binding ? Maybe new motor ?

#2466 5 years ago

There looks to be a cannon fire and a cannon eject setting. What is the difference?

I would imagine cannon fire is the shot at the Dauntless. The eject dribbles the ball out after the end of the game to return to the ball trough.

#2493 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is testing some New waters with inspiration from this amazing game.

You have made a lot of great mods. This one might be the best to date !

Well done !

#2499 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I bet pirates weren’t looking for a fine waitress!!

Dodo birds.

They found them.

#2531 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

I would love to have the coin door Mod from the Mod Couple but the european version is different.

Get the American door.

#2535 5 years ago

Wanted poster video on my Pirates.

#2540 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Where to buy? Which shop is the best source for this?

You'd want the right door and Pirates sticker. Contact Shannan at Jersey Jack Pinball. [email protected]

#2544 5 years ago

High scores on my Pirates :

#2563 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I like the picture of the dog there .Would be good to see him / her in a wanted poster .

She's on every JJP pin here. Unfortunately she's too small for her paws to reach the flippers and get a score and her picture on a wanted poster.

Disclaimer : Facial recognition probably wouldn't pick her up.

#2565 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

but where are these screws located?

Turn the game off. Lean playfield against the backbox.

Remove 5 screws holding the whole assembly to the underside of the playfield. Hold the assembly in your hand and look at the top of it, the two screws are right there. A 1/4 drive for the whole thing. Phillips screw driver can work too.

#2570 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Can someone point me to a tutorial or instructions to adjust the upper playfield? Mine definitely favors the left and barely get to level when it rocks to the right.

See the flat metal part in the picture that hooks the motor ot the rocking playfield pivot ? See the two screws on it ? Loosen and then you can adjust that long metal part tighter or looser as needed.

#2577 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Where is the third?

Fork mech has one.

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

What are the must have mods?

Check out yelobird's Pirates items.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/all?page=3

#2722 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think Mr LTG made a video on this which applies to most games.

#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

how do I remove the Pearl to adjust his left flipper?

Turn game off. Move spotlight over a little. Behind back panel of playfield yank out the big metal clip holding the flat metal thingy holding the motor to the pearl. I'd pull off the big white nylon spacer so you don't lose it. Look between pearl and back wall, see the long allen head screw sticking up ? Remove it with a 1/8th inch allen head wrench.

Slide pearl back and lift up and set on the side. Should have plenty of room to work.

If you want to remove from the game, disconnect the connectors below the playfield. Mark opto connectors in case they aren't marked.

#2733 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Flat metal Thingy? Is that tech support beginner level talk? Lol

Sorry about that. I should have provided a visual for the mod makers.

#2746 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oh that metal do hicky thing-a-ma-bob! lol Would be a better illustration without the packing foam.....lol

You should have removed it before you took the picture I used.

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

should I wait on adjusting my flippers until I get the gap tool?

No, a business card with a slot cut in it works just as good.

Quoted from zaphX:

In other words is it possible that loosening the nut without one will screw up my gap?

Not if you know what you are doing. I never use them. Just be sure and leave a tiny bit of up and down play on the flipper bat so the pawl isn't binding on the nylon bushing below the playfield.

#2782 5 years ago

if new buyers are worried, give me a call.

Chris is serious.

You have a ball running around a few miles an hour inside a pinball machine. Sooner or later you'll have to fix something. Sooner or later you'll have to clean it. Chris will help you. Before, during and after the sale.

And crap can happen in shipping. The way these games bounce around down the highway in semi trailers, it is amazing more things don't pop up. Something needing adjusting, connector come loose. And in these threads too often you only hear the bad. Not the people enjoying their new pinball machine.

It's important to have a distributor who is there for you. Not to mention free shipping for veterans, and Chris doubles the factory warranty of the games he sells. He has that much faith in his product.

Call Chris today. https://www.kingpingames.net/ tell him LTG : ) sent you. You'll be glad you did.

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Does the chest open and close or just stay open?

Stays open.

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Back up and running on 97 now next update to 98. YEAH

Thank you for the update. Glad you can enjoy your game now.

#2891 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

or the manual plunger is sitting too far forward.

This. Pull it back if ball rests on auto plunger, I'd put a washer or two on the shooter rod outside the cabinet.

#2945 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sounds like the ship is supposed to move left AND right.

As you play longer and get deeper into the game the black pearl does more. It doesn't start out doing much.

You can check the metal flat thingy holding the motor to picot on the black pear. Two screws to adjust it. See if yours is too tight or too loose.

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Anyone know if I can tear apart the action button switch assembly? Mine isnt registering all of the time. I have tested it by hand in test.

Turn the game off. Remove lockdown bar. ( watch glass so it doesn't slide out ) Look at switch. See the arm of the switch ? See the tiny knob on the switch body that the arm pushes into the switch body ? Press the arm down with your fat little finger right at the point of that knob and with your other hand pick a finger and use that one to bend the arm up a little while the other fat little finger is keeping the arm pressed down on that knob.

That way the switch will work better and you didn't effect the arm pushing the knob into the switch body.

#2950 5 years ago

Or..., you can look at the screw in the bottom of the action button and back it out a bit. Make that screw just a little longer and see if it has the distance to activate the switch.

If your action button has that screw. Some don't.

If it does, do what Chris posted.

#2952 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

its absolutely having an issue with the internals.

Get a new switch. If wiring to it is good, and below the lockdown bar receiver.

#3035 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If someone can show the proper Pearl removal in a video it would be nice.

Hopefully Butch will make one.

Pull the black pearl playfield back harder/farther. Try and release from two pivot points.

#3102 5 years ago

Is there a way to mod the sound on this? I'd love to play with the audio and add some custom music and sound clips to it.

No.

#3155 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Is there a video anywhere showing how to remove the ship safely?

Turn game off. Move spotlight over a little. Behind back panel of playfield yank out the big metal clip holding the flat metal thingy holding the motor to the pearl. I'd pull off the big white nylon spacer so you don't lose it. Look between pearl and back wall, see the long allen head screw sticking up ? Remove it with a 1/8th inch allen head wrench.

Slide pearl back and lift up and set on the side. Should have plenty of room to work.

If you want to remove from the game, disconnect the connectors below the playfield. Mark opto connectors in case they aren't marked.

#3189 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Not sure if I can do the same with POTC.

Should be the same. Just a little wider.

#3275 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

my Black Pearl stopped moving!

See this metal thing with the two screws, hooks the motor to the black pearl ? Un clip it and see if it moves freely. If so, then loosen the screws and adjust the metal bar so it doesn't bind things.

#3290 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Say what?? I highly doubt they are selling oversized balls

It happens. I've seen at shows two boxes with balls. Regular for pinball. And larger ( for bingo games ? ) I bought some one time and sure enough had one larger one that got mixed in.

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did not know that guess I need to verify with the micrometer more often never would have thought they could do that. Learn something new everyday

And Truck Stop used smaller, 1", balls.

#3297 5 years ago

Everyone I've found is trying to charge $9 and $12 for shipping and that seems ridiculous.

I usually go with Pinball Life.

Shipping can run high, balls aren't light.

#3314 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

frost inside and out on the glass.

Ummm................... take the glass off so you don't trap all that moisture inside.

#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

This cable is lose. Does it go into the spare socket?

No. It's an extra and not used.

#3412 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

What is the general rule about unboxing and setting up a pin in cold weather? Can it be unboxed, setup with the legs. but don’t turn it on until room temperature?

I'd unbox and set up in room it will be in. Remove backglass and playfield glass and put somewhere safe. Lift playfield up and lean back. Let it warm up to room temperature.

#3413 5 years ago

I'd unbox and set up in room it will be in. Remove backglass and playfield glass and put somewhere safe. Lift playfield up and lean back. Let it warm up to room temperature.

Disclaimer : Double post.

#3428 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Thanks, but...68” from the floor, to the top of the topper can’t be right?

Mine's about 87"

#3495 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The only other thing I can think to do is remove the complete assembly and add some thin washers for a little more space.

I'd do that.

#3526 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Not sure what to do about them.

Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Test them with your finger. Upper slingshot needs adjusting if the leaf blade switch is stuck closed. And if the front longer one is too tall, you might trip it down a little. 48 likely hasn't had a ball go by it. 37 if it doesn't work in test, you likely have a broken wire below the pirate ship playfield.

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I unplugged the big connector coming off of the transformer and found that one of the middle yellow wires pin connection was not seated into the connector very far,

That is why when I ask someone to check connectors. Look for loose connector and loose pins in connectors.

Not a rare issue.

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Can anyone tell me in which JJP post on YouTube

Probably one of the twitch feeds.

Here is one short one -

then search on line how to play liars dice so you understand the rules.

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is that downloadable

jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads.

#3668 5 years ago

No apology necessary. I'm just trying to help.

#3798 5 years ago

Motor doesn't seem to move at all.

Start there. Please check wiring from motor to the I/O board in the head. Something came loose or unplugged along the way.

#3802 5 years ago

Do I just start from the motor under the playfield?

Start there.

You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com in the Support - Downloads section. Page D-80 has the I/O board connector layout. Page D-81 has the connector info for J109-9

I'd snoop around for something unplugged first.

#3853 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I wonder if this is still happening?

I wonder if they meant EST ? Eric posted on face book an hour ago about two hours to go. Which would put it in about 45 minutes.

#3857 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

5pm EST would be well past now. It's 6:15pm EST. Did they mean Pacific time?

No idea.

I saw Eric posted on Facebook about 4pm CST and said two hours to go, which would be 6pm CST. Though they've always posted CST and the original posts said 5pm CST.

Maybe Valentine's Day had other plans for them ?

#3861 5 years ago

On now.

#3864 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm spending my Valentines day with Jackdanger and Lloyd....

Hey cupcake, I spent an hour on a tech support call earlier with a man who is going to buy one of each of your Pirates mods. I had to find you for him on Pinside, your website, and go over each mod.

#3927 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can you give us pointers on what to look at ltg?

Tests - Switches -Matrixed, push with finger. Not working. Broken wire(s) below the black pearl playfield.

#3932 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

nothing visibly broken or not soldered in place.

Did you lift the black pearl playfield up and out and look at all the wiring below ? Could be broken wires at other switches killing those.

#3940 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What kind of spotlights does this game use?

12 volt.

#3994 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

hope not to have to remove the ship on a brand new game

Odds are you won't. It is easy to remove. Unplug a few connectors and a few opto connectors below the playfield. ( you can skip this step if you want to set the ship on the side and fix a wire ) Remove the big clip holding the arm from the motor to the ship, and the big white nylon spacer, and the outside of the back wall of the playfield. Then between the ship and inside back wall of the playfield remove the hex head screw ( 1/8th inch ) sticking up. Grab the ship and slide towards rear of the game to release it from it's two pivot points. Done, it's loose.

If you aren't doing the connectors, it's a few minute job.

To reinstall. Hold the ship towards the back wall and when even with the pivot points slide towards the front of the game. Put screw back. Put nylon spacer back and then the arm then the clip.

Done.

#3995 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Agreed, you are killing it with these mods!

Still waiting on the undead monkey.

#4074 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Otherwise you may end up like this!

Slip a ruler under the glass and push the ball over to the shooter lane gauge, which is lower then the apron. Then slide the glass out. Otherwise the ball may roll with the glass and the apron is higher in the front. Then you may not get the glass off, or scratch the glass.

#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The wireform on the apron. Mine is a bit too low.

On Pirates and Dialed In. Loosen screws, pull the wireform up, retighten screws.

#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Otherwise you may end up like this!

Red circle is the wireform to raise. Yellow arrows point to screws. Easy to check. Easy to fix. Loosen screw and pull the wireform the whole way up. Save yourself an adventure.

157cee02add5654ae3dba157307783c538f2ce04.jpeg (resized).jpg157cee02add5654ae3dba157307783c538f2ce04.jpeg (resized).jpg
#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I wasn't sure if this was a new one.

Nothing new under the sun. Williams used them, Capcom used them, AFMR has them. Etc. Etc.

#4178 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Any other thoughts

Yellow arrow points to leaf blade stack below the target. Thin pliers or something. Gently grab the sides of the leaf blade stack and move to the left, direction of the blue arrow.

A little should do it. And save tearing things apart.

fea84c03a9df48d1b4427a513078abd6f4c74d12 (resized).jpgfea84c03a9df48d1b4427a513078abd6f4c74d12 (resized).jpg
#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

but basically there is a black post with a black rubber and a screw in it.

Red arrow points to screw.

#4420 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious if there is a reason for this that I am missing?

I believe Eric mentioned that in one of the Twitch feeds.

#4483 5 years ago

Did Lloyd or Butch make a video about taking the ship out yet?

Butch has made all the JJP videos. Well done, nice quality. He's working on it, so I don't want to step on any toes.

The ones I've done have been for PPS/CGC remakes, and aren't of the same quality.

#4565 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Can't find pearl removal instructions anywhere.

Look at the back of the wall of the rear of the playfield. Pull out the large clip and lower the metal piece hooking the motor to the black pearl playfield. See picture. Remove the white nylon spacer and set somewhere safe.

Then between the black pearl playfield and rear wall, look straight down. See the allen head ( 1/8th ) sticking up, remove it. Grab the black pearl and pull straight back towards the rear of the game, moving it off it's two pivot points, then lift up and set on it's left side. Set it on a towel or something to protect stuff. Now you can work on it.

If you want to completely remove it. First lift main playfield up and lean back. Find the big hole where cables are coming down from the black pearl. You might have to cut a cable tie or two. Disconnect a few connectors and three opto connectors. Then the whole shebang can be lifted out.

#4567 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I recommend watching ltg flipper gap video

Quoted from zaphX:

as well as Butch Peel’s flipper video

#4586 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Any recommendations for black balls? It might be cool if they looked like cannonballs.

https://www.backalleycreations.com/collections/black-pearl-pinball-balls Matt would be a good choice.

#4944 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Confused how they still don’t have all the kinks worked out yet before these games are leaving the factory

They do have some of the kinks worked out.

You don't know the build order of some of these games. Things were improved as production rolled on.

#4946 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

The 3 spinning discs were in the video. I had no clue it was gotten rid of. Kind of bummed about that.

Changed and covered here on Pinside. A lot.

Changed to a single spinning disc, which grabs the ball better. The three discs are onw in video on the big screen in the backbox.

There should be some screws to fasten topper to the trac on the top of the backbox.

#4956 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Which post # talks about removing ship.

#4565 is one. There are a few.

#5040 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Has anyone been able to fix that wire without removing the ship?

Not possible.

You most likely don't have to remove the ship, which would add cutting one cable tie, and unplug three connectors and three opto connectors below the main playfield. Easy to find, they come through a big hole in the playfield right below the black pearl.

This isn't hard. Lift front of playfield up and pull forward to rest on the front of the game. On the rear of the back wall of playfield. See picture below. Remove the big clip, lower the flat metal thingy that hooks the black pearl to the motor. Remove the white nylon spacer. Between the rear wall of the playfield and rear of the black pearl, in the space between them. Look straight down and see the 1/8 allen head bolt sticking up. Remove it.

Then I'd lay a towel or something on the main playfield to the front left area of the black pearl. Then grab the black pearl and slide towards the rear of the game lifting it off it's two pivot points. Then you can lift up a little and rest on the left side ( if you didn't unhook the connectors, if you did that you can remove the whole thing and put on a table or something to work on it ).

Fix what needs fixing. Put it back in game. Done.

#5095 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Why is JJP cutting off production on such a successful pin?

Only JJP knows for sure.

If they want the next game on the line soon, and another new game around Expo. To do two games a year. You can't build Pirates all year.

We'll know more as the year goes by.

It sure is going to be a great year for pinball !

#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Pretty sure that just means the Dauntless hasn't been hit recently,

Drop a ball in it.

#5267 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is a failing coil a thing that happens?

Not really.

Makes me wonder if transistor(s) are failing ? Or upstream from them not cutting power ?

#5269 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Check the function of the mech. It should be a smooth up and down transition. It could be over heating due to excessive friction or a hang-up.

It could go up and down smooth by hand, but coil pulling it up might be different and binding on the playfield.

Easy to check, drop the mech, remove the forks, put back in. If it heats up, binding isn't an issue.

#5321 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The only option to the Pirates life melody is to call #LTG and he will hum it to you over the phone. FYI his sound clarity sounds better after noon as he’s not a morning guy. Lol

Quoted from Psw757:

Lol, I prefer a drunken Pirates life melody... can he handle that request?

Tech support will be rough the rest of this evening.

#5391 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Any suggestions on how to get this down 6 steps of stairs?

Get 4 or 5 more pretend scrawny friends to help.

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is anyone else's lockdown bar lever tight AF?

Two brass screws on the lockdown bar receiver can be used to loosen or tighten the lockdown bar.

#5508 5 years ago

You're getting slower with your responses there old man....

But I do have a cool drunken pirate yo ho song out.

#5513 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Second verse!

Same as the first...?

Never got to a second verse. Tequila interrupted that.

#5516 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

LTG is coming up with a pirate song we can all sing along too!!!

Pretty easy. Only 21 words. Best be drinking lots of rum. Before, during, and after.

#5520 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

More tequila, and then a second video to boot!!! C'mon matey!

Pirate Song Redux

#5562 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So which distributers still have POTC LE?

Did you check with Kingpin games ?

#5621 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Where does the start button light connect to?

Quoted from ngg:

noticed no light on start button

Right inside the game on the wall it's fastened too.

Check connectors, see if LED needs to be turned 180 degrees and face the other way.

#5733 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would recommend the plastic trough shim from Marco Specialities if there's trough magnetism issues.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=ball+trough+shim

#5775 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Anyways, my buddy and I are going to TPF and was wondering if anyone from here is meeting up anywhere? Just though that could be a fun idea.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-tpf-meet-and-greet-party

#5843 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is there anything in the game that tracks the highest score(s) attained for a single shot,

Run through the audits. There is plenty of crazy stuff tracked in there.

1 week later
#6204 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I found a brass bolt inside the cabinet

Machine screw ?

Check the bottom of post assemblies, etc. It is what you turn up or down to adjust heights level with playfield. A bolt on it is tightened when adjusted so it doesn't move.

#6224 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Here is a pic of the pop up. Looks like the screw is on good and tight. Not sure where this bolt came from

More than one bracket under there has the screw to raise or lower something.

#6282 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Do any of you know the dimensions of your POTC shipping box by chance?

31 inches by 31 inches by 57 inches. That would be without the pallet.

#6336 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I’m assuming I’ll have to call support?

Call tomorrow, Frank or Steve.

#6407 4 years ago
Quoted from Lazar:

If so, where is the switch so I can test it? Thanks for any help.

Hit the Enter diagnostic button - go to Full Menu - Go to Tests - Switches - Matrixed.

Hit some switches to see how they register then try the ones in question.

#6410 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'd remove the bracket, remove the coil. Inspect for dirt or cracks. Put back in and be sure it is centered in the hole.

#6587 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

There's a setting in there under system settings for attract mode music on or off - it's off by default. I assume if you turn it on it will play it.

Page B-25 in the manual. Attract mode sounds and attract mode music.

#6608 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

when picking up this game is there a side the cardboard box can lay on when transporting

One side says "Truck This Side Only". That is the bottom of the cabinet side and safe to transport with the "Truck This Side Only" side down.

#6702 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

If this was a system 11 (ive become quite familiar with them rebuilding a F-14) issues would be solved by now. Right now im at a in between I know how most of the stuff is supposed to work but the wiring is quite different

You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads.

It's similar to a Williams pin. They snuck a motherboard and hard drive in there.

Manual has switch matrix chart, and coil chart. And further in the back wiring pinouts to I/O board.

If you can rebuild an F-14, you shouldn't have any problems with this.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have to. Just trying to get you going.

#6725 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

but I just didn't see anywhere obvious to plug these in.

I don't have one to check. According to the manual, wiring comes from the I/O board J113 - pin 10 - light blue wire violet stripe. So I'd remove the metal cover back there over the boards and look for a light blue two wire connector. Maybe stuck in there or behind something. Follow the light blue wire from J113.

You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support - Downloads.

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do the posts just screw in and out with a nut driver?

Nut driver, or quarter drive deep well sockets.

#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any really odd places the ball can get stuck?

Under the black pearl.

#6907 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have a few flipper rebuild kits in my stash, does anyone know if any of the old williams or bally rebuild kits are the same as what are used in JJP games by chance?

If from Williams DMD era from Addams on, yes.

Earlier, no.

#6925 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I hope you get paid for all this knowledge and help you do on the forums!

My reward is in making my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Checks in the mail LTG keep up the good work.

It will look good next to my gift at TPF.

#7026 4 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

A general PSA:

I had the green and brown wire problem on the Pearl that many had. When I removed and examined it, it wasn't obvious where the problem was, so I resoldered every switch where the wire was. 6 switches, if I recall correctly. Also resoldered another wire at one of the switches. I now have lights and sounds I didn't have before and the cannon is obviously more accessible. My take is that many of the switches were thin on solder. It may be worthwhile to resolder all of the switches when you remove the Pearl.

May as well check continuity of wires too. You could have a break inside a wire casing you can't see.

#7061 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

checking if there is something common to check first.

Settings - Coils - Ball Trough VUK, try making it stronger.

Or check this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#7138 4 years ago
Quoted from D_N_G:

2.) Have a stuck closed switch #50 on the right high slingshot. It wont activate when depressed manually.

If it's stuck closed it won't register when hitting in.

Two leaf blade switches on each slingshot. High one would be towards the rear of the game. TURN GAME OFF - thank you. Remove slingshot plastic. Look down at slingshot leaf blade switch. See the two blades ? Long one resting on the rubber ring, short one behind it ? Adjust the short rear one away from the front long one so it isn't touching at the top where the two rivet looking things on the blades are. You want it close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, but vibration doesn't it. A tweak or tow and you are good to go.

#7160 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yoiu can also manually depress the coin door switch and do test.

Yoiu can also pull the knob of the switch out to lock it on for testing.

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

but it seems a bit overwhelming for this pin apprentice

Don't over think it.

If you can work on a Williams DMD era pinball machine. You can work on Pirates. They just snuck a motherboard and hard drive in there. Still a pinball machine.

#7174 4 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Pro-Tip right here, you just blew my mind....and for years I played Pinball-Twister in front of my coindoor testing shit.....LOL.....

Not all games have that type of switch. Judge Dredd comes to mind. Had a yellow metal clip to hold the switch in for testing.

Disclaimer : Another pro tip. You can tape a switch closed too, if the metal clip is MIA.

#7176 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Yeah... that’s how Skynet starts... then we get time traveling death robots. But who am I too judge? It’s just a pinball machine.

Yeah. It's just a pinball machine. Until it walks in on you in the morning and wants you to make it breakfast.

#7265 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Weeeeeeee.....

Nice shoes.

#7309 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What? Why? Don't put any lubricant in your pinball machine.

Generally no.

But if a spinner is working. I would put a tiny drop of oil on each axle where it enters the frame of the holder. Plastic compatible is best in case it gets anywhere else. Hobby shops have it.

Over time the spinner axles score in the holder and at some point will snap off. A tiny drop of oil seems to make them last forever.

#7326 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Interesting did not know that!

One of those things I've learned through the years.

#7330 4 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Is the JJP phone app that remote flips the flippers comparable with pirates?

No.

#7345 4 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a black pearl ramp?

Call JJP tomorrow, ask for Shannan

#7540 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

How hard is it to take the head off the machine?

Harder than WOZ or Hobbit. Boards in the head.

#7652 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The ball lands on a solid steal plate,

Usually, or lands on the playfield, or bounces off the steel plate and lands on the playfield.

BSD and MM with one layer of mylar where ball goes off ramp and lands on mylar/playfield, playfield under mylar gets beat to crap. When you lift the mylar off, paint and wood bits come with.

We keep learning better ways to protect games. Another layer of mylar won't hurt. And may help years later.

#7655 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The ball drops on steel most but not all of the time. The ball is wild.

Or if moving fast when it leaves the black pearl, bounces of the cabinet wall ricocheting right to the playfield, harder than a ball drop.

#7656 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I wish I had photos to decipher this..

Right side of the black pearl, down on the main playfield to the right of the arrow insert, I added an extra layer of mylar.

Disclaimer : And just taking this picture realized I missed a spot when cleaning.

DSC00792 (resized).JPGDSC00792 (resized).JPG
#7659 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

LTG any info as too why pf glass has a small gap?

Cabinet is longer than the glass ?

Quoted from joseph5185:

Is this also the metal plate?

Yes.

#7666 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How far to the right did you mylar? Any other spots other than the chapter select that you'd recommend Lloyd?

Not real far. Mainly on the one already there.

Quoted from wesman:

Amazing how many dirt trails can exist in a game.

Happens pretty quick in commercial use.

#7810 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Are there any prototypes out there to take home?

No. Software updates won't support them.

#8064 4 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

probably a stupid question........

I bought a trough shim from Marco to prevent balls from "sticking" in the metal trough after sdtm drains
How is this installed?? No instructions with the shim; its probably very simple

Not stupid if you don't know.

Lift playfield up and pull out and rest on front of cabinet.

See the ball trough ? See the open end where balls drop in from the playfield ? See the end with the coil that kicks balls into play ?

Stick the pointy ends into the open end of the ball trough. Shove in. Lays on bottom, ears on the end of the shim kind of lock into the open end of the ball trough.

Simple 5 second procedure once you sort it out.

#8066 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I'm sure damn near everything is "simple" for you, Lloyd. =)

Not always.

I do try and explain so the person can figure it out and get it done as easy as possible.

Always a learning experience. Every day a new adventure.

#8087 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

How do you guys feel about the company that produced TNA?

Spooky Pinball. Great company. Headed by Chuck Emery, one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

https://thingsthatgobumpmovie.com/ There is a documentary that covers their beginnings.

#8099 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Who wants to call my wife and tell her I should buy another machine same as the one I just got?

I will.

No problem.

1 week later
#8577 4 years ago

I really need to read up on liars dice

Youtube has non pinball videos to teach you liars dice.

#8580 4 years ago

You think if I can't be bothered to read the manual I'm going to go to the exhausting trouble to find a video on youtube?

#8583 4 years ago

Wait a minute. You have a girl friend ????

What forum are you posting on about that relationship ? I've got to read that.

#8607 4 years ago

Can you make them show (using buttons)? I don't think I've seen them.

I don't think so. When they show up in attract mode, you can scroll back and forth through them with the flipper buttons. They only come up once in awhile on their own.

#8635 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

and is it a full install, or a delta?

Full Install when it goes up on the website.

#8677 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I had visions on my first Kingpin purchased machine until I read this.

I do have a potc standard. Your dream can still be a reality.

Call Chris today. You'll be glad you did. 608-393-2299

#8679 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Kinda hung up on an LE.

Understood.

I hope you get one.

#8709 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

How do I save my settings and scores before update?

Plug a USB stick with nothing on it into the USB cable by the cash box. Go to Utilities - Settings Back Up then to Settings Back Up and do what the screen says. To put them back in go to Utilities - Settings Back up - Settings Restore and do what the screen says.

#8732 4 years ago

there is no ticket system.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

Some have JJP in their profile,

I do.

Are employees of JJP acting in an official capacity here?

I'm not.

#8797 4 years ago

That is what the people building the game call the first one, or first models. Bare wood, limited art work if any, limited inserts if any, home made ramps, etc. etc. As they start seeing how it looks, shot layouts, potential problem areas.

A white wood is usually playable too, though may have limited software.

And a white wood often is in a different cabinet. The Cirqus Voltaire white wood was in a Scared Stiff cabinet. Red Line Fever was in a Big Bang Bar cabinet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
565 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.