(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 5 years ago

I'd argue this game out does DI and HOBBIT for sure. WOZ seems simple in front of this guy, but its hard to compete with WOZ from my point of view.

I played the game again today it really is the best use of space while at the same time packign in a ton. I love that loop shot, I don't know how to get the ball to drain down the middle of the left ramp, and the rocking ship is a fun challenge.

1 week later
#206 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's pretty much what I thought it would be, I didn't understand it in the movie and you shouldn't have to watch a video to understand it . shooting ships with a Canon would have been fun and so much better than this. it's better than nothing I suppose but what a let down

Its not a let down, its something different. If you want the same rehashed games over and over, find a stern.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe let down was a bit harsh but with how good the programming and graphics are on this pin I just feel it would have been good to have something with a bit more atmosphere and excitement and easier to understand

I think JJP's business strategy is to have the game satisfy casual players, but with a med to high level of difficulty of the rules, progression, finer points of the game for hardcore pinball fans.

I'd argue Keefer has outdone sheets in their respective roles as programmers and I look forward to everything he has to contribute to JJP.

#229 5 years ago

Played the game again today and blew up the score with a few multiballs stacked.
20180929_132845 (resized).jpg20180929_132845 (resized).jpg

20180929_132815 (resized).jpg20180929_132815 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#277 5 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

observations from the sound guy:
I have two horses in this race since I created the original sound packages for both. Currently I have a very early POTC (no sculptures) next to a DI whitewood (no paint). I play them every day and I have for months and months.
They are very different games. While I was hesitant to tackle a POTC license from Disney again ( been there done that) I am all aboard with what the team in Bensenville has done with what they got. POTC shows how having a hiRes screen can contribute to fun. POTC stacks like crazy. They way the team has organized the screen when three or four stacked multiballs with a chapter mode and a Arrrr Frenzy happens it all makes sense. You can see what the Jackpot shots are for each multiball and get good AV rewards all the time. I would argue that a DMD could not support this kind of interaction and still have clarity. I like the callout package a lot. Kevin McNally as Gibbs is the perfect character to tell you what comes next and how you have done. The callout scripts were great and Mr. McNally did a fantastic job.
The depth of POTC is off the charts. With 22 character variations it will take a long time to find your favorite.
Having said that DI flips as smooth as butter. I'm just an average player and I find that POTC requires more skill than I always want to bring to fun. DI just feels great. DI is not as strategic as POTC but plenty to do.
The choice depends on how you like to play. Both games succeed at what they were trying to do.
ddt

TLDR Buy both and you'll have an epic set of games. I really love how the music turned out for POTC. I was afraid the game would suck because of all the restrictions a major AAA movie title would have, but I was 100% wrong. The layout it amazing, the rules are amazing, and the music ties everything togethor to be even better thanI could have imagined.

Seeing the team they assembled for JJPOTC, I wish they would tackle a JJPDW (Jersey Jack Pinball Doctor Who.) Seeing what they did the pirates license, I am confident that they could knock it out of the park with this title revamped.

Edit: Think of it almost like Time Machine 2

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#309 5 years ago

Im creeping up my scores one week at a time. This was today, pretty good considering they nerfed the points supposedly.

I blew up the ship with the cannon, and had a stacked multiball.

20181011_125857 (resized).jpg20181011_125857 (resized).jpg
#326 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I bet this ends up being a rare game in the future due to low production numbers. Unfortunately, this pin has had a really bumpy start.

I've heard this from someone else as well, hopefully it isn't true. This might be my first NIB pin if they end up not making many.

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I keep hearing from many of my players that it's the best JJP game, and I have all four here.
LTG : )

As much as I am ashamed to say it, this game moved WOZ to my #2 favorite game of all time. I didn't think it would be possible.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Holy crap! Nice man.

Fly out to MN and lets hold a buffalo pinball live stream at SS Billiards. Kevin Vs. John

1 week later
#435 5 years ago

New best

20181026_133442(0) (resized).jpg20181026_133442(0) (resized).jpg
#456 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Save yourself the hurt. Go buy or rent an escalara.

If i ever get a jjp machines im paying for the local pinball company to move it down stairs and help set up

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Let me know when you're ready for your first jjp and I'll be happy to help.

Whats the weight on jjpotc?

1 week later
#610 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Hey John,
If you go into Switch Test it will show the switch as red, meaning the game hasn't seen that switch hit in a while. If you don't know where that switch is, you can hit the start button and the playfield will pop on screen and show where all the switches are. The one you're looking for is in the Dauntless. I'm not sure we even have attract mode music in POTC, come to think of it....I'll check tomorrow.

I think you're also missing a coin up sound.

1 week later
#866 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Woah! Why are they midway back in the cab

The pins ship coin door up.

#869 5 years ago

Have your dealer send you a set of radcals.

#993 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Awww shucks. You guys are making me blush.

749956_1280w_720h (resized).png749956_1280w_720h (resized).png
#1039 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I have yet to make it to one yet , The wife did get close last night though! She will probably beat me to it and then rub it in my face forever!

Watching Lesmanley play is interesting. Its a quick overview of teh game with how fast he can progress and stack.

2 weeks later
#1411 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That was a typo, yes 1.5 million. I had all 5 wizard modes stacked and my GF was watching. She was like "holy crap babe, you're in the zone!" I haven't reached the 666 mode yet, I hope to see that soon

Those are just multiballs, the wizard modes are different. Not sure it would be possible to stack all of those.

3 months later
#5388 5 years ago

So lets pretend I am scrawny 151 pound guy. This pin weighs 350+ pounds. Any suggestions on how to get this down 6 steps of stairs?

#5559 5 years ago

So which distributers still have POTC LE?

1 week later
#6055 4 years ago
Quoted from Michigan1837:

I apologize if this isn't the place to post this, but it seemed like a good place to start - are there any JJP PoTC Pinballs in Southeast Michigan that can be played by the public? I don't want to spend $8.5k just to try this thing, but I'm curious if it's fun or not.
Thanks!

9.5, don't skimp and get the standard

#6199 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just got word my LE is on it's way to be delivered today. Decided to cancel it though and order Black Knight 3...jk lol. Couldn't imagine getting any other game right now, pumped.
It's time Pirates to join your JJP friends! [quoted image]

Just be like all the rich baby boomers on pinside and buy both!

#6220 4 years ago

When making 1000 games you take parts in batches. I. E. Cabinets. You don't have room and you don't want to store all that

1 week later
#6978 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone think that changing the powder coat on the LE would alter its value? I've tossed around the idea of having the armour stripped and having a high quality black metallic powder coat installed with gold dots / flakes throughout.

I refuse to buy pins with fucked with powder coat. Doesn't matter how tasteful

#6984 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Whatever dude, a bit harsh perhaps, but that's certainly your right and to each their own. I have enjoyed powdercoating many of my games and I honestly don't think most pinheads would consider them as "fucked".

Fine, i'll buy a pin with powdercoat as long as the price isn't an "added value" to up the cost of the pin.

1 week later
#7548 4 years ago

Played Wonka, ain't got nothing on the layout of pirates. Looks like the end of April delivery got pushed to May now.

#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Really fun game agreed but not pirates personally on any level. As I said before Eric and team Really raised the bar with this game and I suspect few if any will ever match the full package of this game. I did order a WW Le though as it plays fun similar to DI with a better theme. As for delivery, not sure they moved anything back as they said from day 1 unveil expect 60-90 days till ship. I suspect unlike Pirates they will stay on track this time.

Oops, meant my jjpotc got delayed to may

#7579 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Whoever receives a pin this week, look under the playfield for a blue stamped number near the drain/trough and report what number that is. Mine was 0682 made on 1/15/19. Those are stamped sequentially based on the production order - per what Jack told me at the factory. That will give you an idea for the number produced.

Mine is one of the last ones built with the missing parts right now. I'll update you when I get mine in May.

#7696 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I wish I could buy one of the CE playfields, but since I'm not a CE owner, JJP won't sell me one.

I'd love a ce playfield in a le. Too much Depp on the le

#7739 4 years ago

If any CE owners want to order me a CE playfield...lets talk.

#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was at the factory on Friday and both lines were running WOZ YBR. They were in the process of taking down all of the Pirates storyboards or whatever they call them.
I talked to one of the people there who told me they'll eventually be running the small line with Pirates while Wonka goes on the main line. I assume it will be the LE's people are waiting for. They didn't say, and I didn't ask if standards were going to be running after that or how long they were going to run them on that line.
All the boxes I saw were Yellow Brick Road I did not see any Pirates around.
They did have a Wonka in their showroom then I got to put a couple of games on. Cool game..

I hope the gap in production doesn't mean new slew of run specific problems

#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

From what I can gather, they ran out of part.

I get that, but when you take a two month break from doing a game I feel like lessons learned are lost. I come from a background in manufacturing and this is true for us with the production workers

#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just called automated, and they're out of LEs. All LEs coming in are spoken for. So my question, now, is how "gimped" is the SE version? I asked over in the dialed in thread, between a Dialed In LE and a Pirates SE, which one to go for. Your thoughts?

Let's just say it will be harder to resell when everyone wants the LE.

If my LE gets delayed past June 1st, I may pull out.

#8005 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Top 5...
Top 3...
Top 2?
Hell...simply the “best” pin.
Incomparably good as someone elegantly mentioned.

Top 4 Keefer inspired/deep games would be:
LOTR
WOZ
TWD
JJPOTC

Just follow Keefer and you find, AAA games

#8045 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Twd. Uhhhhh.... what?

That's why I added the /deep. I'll say that Keefer inspired lyman

#8071 4 years ago

Hope this means the rest of the le orders will ship around the same time

Screenshot_20190424-145105_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190424-145105_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8091 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So did this get changed today? I called automated literally yesterday and they said they were all spoken for. Do we think they are actually getting more to sell? Their website didn't change and says they're all gone. Hmmm

I wouldn't trust automated with $10k in cash, i'll barely even consider buying parts from them. Shifty sales tatics on used parts.

My point is that they probably don't have LE's.

#8118 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Wow! Quite an allegation. Mike is a good guy. Always answers his personal published cell phone number, even on evenings and weekends. I’ve bought several NIB games from other distributors. He is the only distributor I would ever buy from again. Unlike most “middle men” distributors I have dealt with in the past, Mike actually stocks the games he sells and ships them from his facility. No prepay, false promise, drop-ship, full of excuses, no updates, bullshit.

They have a habit of listing parts for sale, then when you ask for more info... They raise the price.

#8196 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes I can ship to Canada.

Tempting since you are local

#8233 4 years ago

4 hours no post bump.

#8236 4 years ago

What's the best character to get the highest points, assuming no wizard modes and some multi all stacking?

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like they are referring to the final batch of games being made right now? Those I thought have been sold out to distributors for a while. The UK distributor may just be selling those games they already had ordered.

They will make more, just a matter of time

#8506 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know the pinside owner list only represents a small percentage of the overall community but I was surprised to see a total of 302 LE/CE owners. That seems low to me.

I bought a le, but haven't added it to my collection list.

#8648 4 years ago

Saw on Facebook 41 more le's are going to be offered for sale

#8651 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Saw on Facebook 41 more le's are going to be offered for sale

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Been outta the JJP loop for a bit, Will they be making more LE`s?

#8708 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So what is the interaction like between JJP and the posts here? Do they get ideas for software changes by feedback in this post? Or is there a better way to provide that? Or do they not react with change based on feedback?

Keefer watches, listens, probably laughs at stupid ideas. I trust his judgment.

#8823 4 years ago

Another decent score today. Biggest difference I saw in this gamr VS others was gold accumulated a lot faster and in bigger chunks.

20190508_180833 (resized).jpg20190508_180833 (resized).jpg
#8925 4 years ago

My game will be shipping soon!

#8958 4 years ago

If anyone is at the jjp factory, try and get a Pic of 552 if you walk past it

#9077 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Looks like it to me. I have friends who build custom wood lures for fishing and if everything isn’t done just right ie: drying, sealing etc there can be big problems. Any step in the clear coat not done perfect would also lead to potential soft PF. The clear might never harden up if done incorrectly.

Let's all get our pitch forks and go after Mirco!

#9100 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Really. I enjoy POTC and DI so much it has me thinking about giving Hobbit a shot.

eh, just wait for the next eric designed game.

#9140 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I received the email saying that my POTC LE shipped
today....

Cmon pinball star, let's see that email for mine to ship!!!

#9151 4 years ago
30yl10 (resized).jpg30yl10 (resized).jpg
#9190 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Want to sell it?

It'll be interesting to see where the price of used and Nib le's go for now that this batch is done.

#9205 4 years ago

Got the email, my game ships tomorrow!

#9207 4 years ago

Lol, I think Joe must be kinda tired:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9211 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Very happy for the waiters who are finally getting their machines, show us your unboxing pics!

I even bought an appliance dolly to get her down my six steps. I call it the tank.

Screenshot_20190422-132018_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190422-132018_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9237 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you please PM me any info on this. Never seen that one.

I'll send more info tomorrow when I pick it up. It's a unique dolly and is great for pins in particular

#9259 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

As someone who has missed a couple now. 10k will not sell quickly.

I almost want to offer mine for 10,001 and prove you wrong.

#9321 4 years ago

Bringing the official jjpotc mover home. Also met a nice dog.

20190517_121339 (resized).jpg20190517_121339 (resized).jpg20190517_121341 (resized).jpg20190517_121341 (resized).jpg
#9345 4 years ago

For those who asked about "the tank", here are some pictures. It's a little heavy, but it slowly treads the machine up and down the stairs.

20190517_175348 (resized).jpg20190517_175348 (resized).jpg20190517_175356 (resized).jpg20190517_175356 (resized).jpg20190517_175401 (resized).jpg20190517_175401 (resized).jpg20190517_175416 (resized).jpg20190517_175416 (resized).jpg
#9347 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How'd that work out for ya, or have you yet to use it? How much moooohlah?

I've used it on pins before and liked it a lot. Was $500. I will post a video as well to show how well it works.

#9378 4 years ago

Game is in the state, will be delivered Wednesday. Woot!

1 week later
#9790 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Is the SE that much different?

Different enough that you can still buy one.

#9869 4 years ago

He doesn't work for jjp anymore, so no more Thiel magic

#9931 4 years ago

LE 1111 is in the house. Played great out of the box.

20190602_165629 (resized).jpg20190602_165629 (resized).jpg
#10120 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I think he said he was out sick for a couple weeks at the time but is now back. Hope hes feeling back to 100%.

Keefer is the father of modern pinball code. If we ever lost him, the hobby would never be the same, that's for sure. Hope he gets better

#10156 4 years ago

Had a good game today, kept multiball alive for awhile. Made it look easy for a couple minutes, but the awesome number of shows and flow possible with those shots helped a ton.

62113066_407314973199719_6918751280844242944_n (resized).jpg62113066_407314973199719_6918751280844242944_n (resized).jpg
#10261 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Jack graciously gave me a call on a part question for JJPOTC. They simply ran out of parts and need all resources on Wonka now. He said the demand remains very high, as we know, and they simply didn't build enough machines. So...there is a definite possibility that they will build more LEs beyond the next two games, or if there is downtime between games. If they do build more LEs, there will be parts available to the Standard owners. It sounds like owners with playfield chipping can get a discounted playfield, but I didn't ask for more information. Here are the numbers, and I got permission:
1000 POTCs were built. 200 CEs, 650 LEs, and 150 Standards.
Jack wanted parts for 500 more, which he thinks would have sold easily, but there were some logistical decisions apparently that resulted in the 1000 number. All this to say, we are all pretty lucky to get these machines. My standard comes today, and I'm super excited. Jack is such a great guy, it was really fun to talk to him.

I love stats like this

#10263 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just confirms what we already knew based of the numbers stamped on the PF.
Only unknown if I recall was home many SE’s were built. The 1000 total number was spot on.

Not sure why my LE was labeled 1111 though

#10282 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Its in!!! This is AMAZING!!!![quoted image]

Yeah, but was there a sale on paper towels or something?

#10296 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

WoZ-beater from JJP.

I never thought I'd see the day either. WOZ is the top of my list all time favorite games.

1 week later
#10806 4 years ago

I lifted my pf and saw my game was marked 982, kinda fun be in the last bunch of the last batch of games

3 months later
#12612 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Time keeps flying by and Keith's post was 5 months ago now. I think it should be a pretty reasonable ask to have the features in the game 1 year after it first ships, regardless of how attainable they are. There will always be a reason for the company to prioritize other work ahead of it, and those reasons will just continue to grow in number as time goes on. With JJP not issuing any communication and not even releasing any minor #JJPOTC updates for any polishing items since the end of April I think it's fair to start wondering what the situation is.

Code is good enough for me.

2 months later
#13273 4 years ago

What's the going rate on a stock le used?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=lordloss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.