(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordhelmet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5773 5 years ago

I just wanted to say to everyone in this topic Thank You especially @zaphx! I am very new to this hobby as I got into it last August with SW Premium and as of January JJP POTC CE Squidward Edition(well, that’s what I convinced my 4yr old daughter to call it ). Yelobird I am looking for the right Squidward toy to replace Tom.
Although I have not had any issues that have been defined in this topic, knock on wood, but if I do I know where to go for the fix. I absolutely love this game and at my current skill level, what’s below beginner level called?, it will be a long time before I get bored.
Anyways, my buddy and I are going to TPF and was wondering if anyone from here is meeting up anywhere? Just though that could be a fun idea. Wait, did I just turn this forum into some weird internet dating thing?? Ugh, I’m terrible at this internet thing....

#5776 5 years ago

Thanks @ltg. See I am horrible at this internet thing.

#5782 5 years ago

Yeah it’s one of my favorites as well. That is awesome AND he’s going to attempt Rick & Morty, love it. Wish I had spare time and access to a cnc machine, oh and talent for that.

#5808 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s not actually sticking. It just means you haven’t hit those targets in the last few games. It’s a mechanism to say “hey you might want to check this as it hasn’t registered any hits recently”.
The issue here is that there are two different switches. One is for a bullseye (through the hole) and the other is for "missing" the bullseye and instead hitting the side of the ship which pushes the ship and trips the switch. Both have to be hit at least once every few games or else you get the "stuck switch" message.

Thanks for that clarification. I get this error all the time. Now I know it’s the LordHelmet you suck! Error.

1 week later
#6325 5 years ago

Well, I guess it’s time for my first issue. I’m naming this one Pirategate 2019. zaphX I think I went through all of your fantastic help in this thread and I can’t seem to find the right fix. I tried powering the game off then back on, which is what our tech support at work always recommends for our computers but no success there. Yelobird I checked your site but I couldn’t find the right mod to take care of this. Although, that monkey was giving me some shifty eyes. You better keep an eye on him! LTG I’m assuming I’ll have to call support? Again, thank all of you and everyone one else for making this a great thread. Seriously though, how did this happen??

31D85833-529A-414F-8BE3-F94DD65D3B0B (resized).jpeg31D85833-529A-414F-8BE3-F94DD65D3B0B (resized).jpeg
#6328 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is that the one-way gate from the Pearl ramp, or the I lane drain? Looks like you’re in for a part replacement from the good folks at JJP. They are very responsive with these kinds of things.

I lane. I occasionally get balls going reverse direction so that most likely happened on one of those.

#6349 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Joined the club with a lightly routed LE. Can't wait.

Congrats!

#6380 5 years ago

So many mods.... so little money

#6854 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Also, how do you guys clean your glass?
Specifically, handle the glass. Obviously, the only part that "matters" is the underside glass that isn't accessible when on top of the playfield. So do you try to handle strictly from the sides, use gloves, etc?

I use Isopropyl alcohol and water. About 50/50 mixture in a spray bottle. Super cheap and works amazingly well.

#6857 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

See to me I don’t even see an issue, but that’s because I have no idea what I’m looking at or supposed to be looking at.
Terrifying!

You sound like me. I usually take the glass off, lift the playfield and think “hmmmmmm nope, definitely don’t want to lick anything under there”.

#6912 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone has installed Pin Stadiums on their POTC. I installed the Fusions and love them. If anyone has any interest about the how and why I connected what to what I’d be more than happy to share. Sorry about the bad video, took them on my one so 1 handed game play. Let me know and I can start posting.

#6918 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have them but be careful not to overdo the brightness b/c you lose the GI effects for the modes (all blue, all red, etc).

Completely agree. I continue to tweak mine. I also “attempted” to connect them to help accent the GI modes.

#6926 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

What did you hook into to get the flashers popping? I have the regular Pinstadium lights and it had a 2-wire tap-in connection, so it could only tap into 2 of the 4 colors on the playfield lights and that meant they were inactive half the time. So I opted to just hook into the spotlights. Since they're constantly white the Pinstadium lights don't interact with the game for me. Do the Fusions have a 4-wire-tap in to connect to the RGB LEDs to get the full interaction?

The fusions have the regular Pinstadiums as well as 4 wire tap flasher light connection. I connected my regular Pinstadiums the same way as you but I connected my addional flashers to the RGB connections on the boards.

#6932 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How many seizures do you have per game?
Or is it better in person?

Hmmmmm like 5 or so. I really need to put an epilepsy warning sticker on the game.

#6938 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Pretty SWEET man.
LOVE those flippers! They look so good on the CE naturally with all the green from Davy Jones.
Where can I find those??

Thanks. They are the standard flipper rings in “glow”. Translucent is also a great look.
https://www.titanpinball.com

#6939 5 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Does anyone know if you can hook the Fusions into an RGB connection on the standard? If so I am in!

I’m not too familiar with any of the RGB differences between the CE, LE, and Standard but I don’t see why you couldn’t.

#7169 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I like the "glow" ones from .. somewhere. Especially, on the CE. The green blends a lot nicer.

Titan Pinball

#7175 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't over think it.
If you can work on a Williams DMD era pinball machine. You can work on Pirates. They just snuck a motherboard and hard drive in there. Still a pinball machine.
LTG : )

Yeah... that’s how Skynet starts... then we get time traveling death robots. But who am I too judge? It’s just a pinball machine.

#7177 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah. It's just a pinball machine. Until it walks in on you in the morning and wants you to make it breakfast.

Bahahaha

#7388 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Welp..
I was going to try and enjoy some Pirates tonight and fix the right flipper on my BP tomorrow as well as do my first cleaning and waxing.
Well, the left BP flipper has decided that it doesn't want to respond at all. Interestingly, if I manually move the left BP flipper then it actually gets stuck in the up position.
Also, I assume the upper left flipper switch is for both the inner loop as well as the left BP flipper and if true, from a switch perspective, everything is in tact.
Now I gotta figure out EXACTLY how to adjust these flippers. Loosen/tighten w/e.
I'll try to resort to the manual since it's so informative and I'm pretty sure I don't need to remove the BP, but this is a foreign world for me so here we go...

Not sure about the left flipper but when I adjusted the right on my BP I only had to lift the Playfield to service position 3. I didn’t have to remove the BP. Not sure if that will help ya but hope it does.

#7391 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

It definitely helps. So I need to take out the playfield then. I'm guessing I should learn these different positions as well.
=)

pull the Playfield out until you can rest it on the its rubber stoppers.

#7394 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I agree I'm glad I didnt wait to get my pirates after seeing Wonka

I was watching the WW Buffalo stream and asked Eric how they start Arrrggghhh frenzy in that game but no reply....

#7644 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes most of those vendors offer precut generic shapes but it really doesn't need to be that complicated as a finished result should be invisible anyway. Just get a small piece and an Exacto blade and cut any shape you like. Cheap and easy. Granted I will say again, JJP already put MORE than enough protection and mylar all over this game! Seeing individuals with NO plays yet dozens of hours protecting this game is off to me. This is Not a priceless Rembrandt its a Pinball machine. Unless your putting this game in a local barcade where it will see 10's of Thousands of game plays just PLAY the darn thing!! Yes I have seen that (1) picture of that (1) prototype game with Thousands of plays with a minor hole damage but at some point you have to just enjoy this amazing Toy and stop worrying about protecting it from a nuclear fall out! lol Wax it, keep it adjusted, and have some Fun already.

Wait..... so I wasn’t supposed to hange this 400lb behemoth on the wall??? Dammit!

#7667 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And...after the WW reveal, I still want a AFMr. =D

I do too but with that being said I also want Alien, Hobbit, MMr, Tron, WW, WOZ, IJ, Star Trek(that’s the one with Cpt Vader I think), Ghostbusters, and more... it’s just that I’m soooo poor. Oh and my wife would be SUPER pissed if I bought even one more machine.

#7669 5 years ago

Don’t listen to the haters Joseph. If you believe it has wax than it has wax. Most importantly I believe in you!

#7676 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Okay ...
I MAY not ask a sillier question than this one (or I might)...
Is there some special surface to use an exacto blade on when cutting or ...
Whatever you can find... cardboard, floor, family member, etc...

I make a lot of jokes on here but seriously, not your children! They wiggle soooo much the cut is always crooked!

#7677 5 years ago

Honestly I use cardboard or even the cutting board we have in the kitchen. Don’t tell my wife!

#7777 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Movie 2 wizard mode!

Ha! I love the excitement from you two in this. Just like me! I’ve gotten into a few wizard modes myself and it’s never planned. I just keep playing and suddenly the shots are all lit up differently and I think to myself “hmmmmm what is dis?” Of course then it hits me and I start yelling for the wife to “COME SEE!!!” which inevitably leads to me draining then followed by “NEVERMIND” shouting. But so fun! Makes me feel like more of a kid than I already feel like.

2 weeks later
#8976 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So you're saying I just have to pick a character no one else will?

I already picked Govn Swan.

#8978 4 years ago

Sorry. I tend to find myself as the funniest person I know. 9 out of the 10 voices in my head agree. The 1 disagrees with everything, he’s an a-hole.

2 weeks later
#9498 4 years ago

The face I make when trying to get the game to add an eye patch to my picture.

FDD4E037-9B0C-4440-8216-F78A7E11A9E1 (resized).jpegFDD4E037-9B0C-4440-8216-F78A7E11A9E1 (resized).jpeg
#9499 4 years ago

Oh, and when my wife and I play we will randomly yell this out. Because, well.... it’s funny!

A0AB89BF-582C-4CD1-9901-E0E35452D6FE (resized).jpegA0AB89BF-582C-4CD1-9901-E0E35452D6FE (resized).jpeg
#9501 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The patch is great, but the hat needs some work. It ends up looking like a black lump more akin to a beret.

A284110D-195E-4F62-A279-0D0A186338E9 (resized).jpegA284110D-195E-4F62-A279-0D0A186338E9 (resized).jpeg
#9651 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it does it again, you need a tighter rubber ring.

Thats what she said! HAHAHAHAHA, ok sorry I couldn't resist

1 week later
#10122 4 years ago

Since we’re on the subject of mods, I did this to cover the little black box hanging on the maelstrom. Not sure I’ll keep it on there but for now I’ll try it out.

B79A65BC-1167-4707-B5B0-4C901454D8AB (resized).jpegB79A65BC-1167-4707-B5B0-4C901454D8AB (resized).jpeg
#10158 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh dear! I hope the heart attack wasn't too serious. Glad you're still with us, but do take care of yourself first and pinball code second. Love what you do, but not at the expense of your life.

Agreed! Focus on recover pinball_keefer

#10287 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone know if the CE came with a certificate or not?
Thanks

Mine did.

1 week later
#10796 4 years ago

Got a new Grand Champion score last night! So much fun!!

Transparency:
Used Blackbeard.
Additional ball set at score 400k( I do this to help me get better and as I start breaking 1M regularly then I will remove it).
Ball save timer is set at factory, so whatever that is.
I plundered 30k from my wife, which made this even sweeter! Excellent(insert Mr. Burns meme here )

Strategy:
I chased shot/Playfield multipliers from inlanes and Black Pearl.
I also focused on multiball, mostly having at least one active as much as possible.
Lastly, I tried to sneak an Aaarrrrrgggghhhh frenzy in.

Anyways, had a blast but my wife..... she was PISSED! Bahahaha take that!

B28E6E34-8BFA-4FB9-BDDD-EE27C187ED2A (resized).jpegB28E6E34-8BFA-4FB9-BDDD-EE27C187ED2A (resized).jpeg8604CCBA-3622-48E2-A386-C3CC8E43C728 (resized).jpeg8604CCBA-3622-48E2-A386-C3CC8E43C728 (resized).jpeg2E129212-A947-4FB8-99E0-3BB1C71F3131 (resized).jpeg2E129212-A947-4FB8-99E0-3BB1C71F3131 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#11149 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I know a lot of people get cranky when talking about Pin Stadium lighting but loving them...so happy to remove all those ugly spot lights...[quoted image]

I have the CE so more green on the Playfield and as such I have my Pin Stadiums set to a green which I love.

DF237DA5-ADBC-4759-9702-84B457D89ADF (resized).jpegDF237DA5-ADBC-4759-9702-84B457D89ADF (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#11620 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Gotcha - that's sort of what I thought, but I was thinking in terms of completing modes, and couldn't figure out how they would apply. Obviously this makes a huge difference with the score.
speaking of which: what are people setting their scoring extra balls to? I like turning this on as a way of making a certain bit of progress (i.e. I don't feel like I've had a good game unless I get a score worthy of an extra ball), but I'm not sure what the 'right' score is.

I started the award at 100k when I first got the game to keep me working at it. I’ve since changed that to 400K and will soon set it at 600 or 800. Just like you said, gives you a reward for playing better while keeping you playing to get better.

2 weeks later
#11869 4 years ago

Just reporting in. Still loving my POTC. Got to another wizard mode last night, sheer luck of course, but tons of fun!

2 weeks later
#11997 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

So I get a call today from Pinballsales.com.... Figured it is from back when I was looking for a POTCLE, voicemail is Jack and he wants to talk about my POTC. So I call back. Get this.... he is refunding my spare playfield purchase. Holy cow, I was not expecting this!!! I was happy to pay $550 for the playfield. He tells me that a couple people that he knows who replaced their playfields have not had any problems.
Stand-up guy that Jack!!!

That’s fantastic news from a fantastic company! I recently reported chipping issues on my CE so hopefully I hear something as well.

4 months later
#13597 4 years ago

zaphX nice man! We have similar tastes in movie room setup.

55F66B1B-16CC-4EAC-B4EA-0E4556E7DB1D (resized).jpeg55F66B1B-16CC-4EAC-B4EA-0E4556E7DB1D (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordhelmet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.