(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The only difference "under glass" with the standard that I noticed is that there is no star field on the back panel - just blank in that area ... a good place for a mod I guess. No twirling pirate on the jet poppers. I'm pretty sure everything else is supposed to be the same (under glass). I did shoot the cannon and hit the other ship on it a few times, but not direct hits as it didn't put me right into that mode. The lights changing colors and flickering in the lanterns on the ship is still there on the standard also. The upper flipper loop shot was super smooth, but will take a little practice as the ball is hidden for most of the loop (unlike IMDN). The rewards for consecutive loops and hitting the hole under the ship or the gold in that combination are great and worth the effort. That stupid "I" out lane got me quite a bit - great design, but can be frustrating. On the prototypes Eric removed the rubber from the "E" out lane post near the plunger lane and made the save nudge a little easier. It appears that it ships with the rubber donut on that post and very difficult to save it - tilted every time I tried it (unsuccessfully), but home owners can easily remove the donut, or swap it to the post on the other side. Love it and my wife declared on Facebook that it will be our next pin ... so I guess that's the "golden ticket" final approval from her. It helped that on the game's day 4 at that location (our first visit there) she got the high score #2 right behind Eric's default score.

Quoted from screaminr:

Also the standard doesn't have the mountain -rocks on the left-hand side. Easy to forget when this pin has so much packed in

the big difference on the standard is the white gi lighting instead of rgb gi lighting. otherwise, this is what you gain by getting a limited

shaker
invisiglass
headphone jack with external volume control
topper
mountain toy
pop bumper toys
starfield
target decals

well worth the upgrade to the limited in my eyes. that being said, i have sold a few standards too.

1 week later
#199 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I believe that the $250 is for the Standard edition but I don't recall. I think that my deposit was $1000.

$250 on standard or limited
$1000 on collectors

1 month later
#455 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

On a beer break now... if there is a will there is a way! Lol
If I don’t post again today, I was crushed!

Save yourself the hurt. Go buy or rent an escalara.

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If i ever get a jjp machines im paying for the local pinball company to move it down stairs and help set up

Let me know when you're ready for your first jjp and I'll be happy to help.

#525 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Decided to switch the optos out of Dialed in and we are back up and running! One bad reciever light.... i know cause I tried to be lazy and checked it after switching out the transmitter board.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sent you an email. Let me know if you need me to get involved or not. Looks like you have it all figured out already.

#641 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has anyone had success printing the flow chart for the rules?
They should include these with the game!

it is included in every game. it is even available for those that have not purchased a game. Page 25 of the downloadable manual.

potc flowchart (resized).jpgpotc flowchart (resized).jpg
#646 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, if your saying a hard copy was included in every game I definitely didn’t get it. Where would this be located? It wasn’t with any of the paperwork or LE certificate.
I’d like to hang it on the wall for guests.

I never implied that there was a hard cover manual. I clearly stated that it was from the downloadable manual.

www.JerseryJackPinball.com/support

click downloads, click Pirates, click manual. page 25. I typically print all of them (Pirates, Dialed In, Hobbit and Wizard of Oz) and hand them out for free at the shows I attend.

I do like the one that #rbviessman found better though. it makes it look like an old treasure map paper.

Hope you are enjoying your game.

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Hello pirates i was thinking on making a sound activated topper for JJ pirates any interest ?

Activated by what sounds? Pinball machines make a lot of noise.

1 week later
#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I consider myself as having a decent pinball collection. Addams Family Gold, Attack from Mars, Congo, Dial In LE, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Guardian of the Galaxy, Iron Maiden, Monster Bash, Scared Stiff, Ruby Red Wizard of Oz. I want the POTCLE so bad, something from my collection must go to get it.. I played my friends POTCLE and damn its so good.. What should i sell to get it.. Eric, you can chime in to help..

I find afm and mb to be a very similar layout and depth of rules. I would lean towards one of those two.

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can anyone tell me what the bottom price for the LE is shipped?

should be around 9750 or so.

9500 on the game
about 250 on the shipping to CA to the closest terminal.

#1098 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Whelp, looks like I know why my forks are not retracting. Any ideas before I reach out to jjp? Its stuck up with no movement, cant even move by hand. [quoted image]

does it fall back down when you power off the game? if yes, then you have a blown transistor for the fork mech causing it to always be engaged.

If it doesn't fall back down, then you have a mechanical issue with something binding inside of the mech not allowing it to disengage.

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Keith, that was it! I couldn't recall the fix and I was even looking at the motherboard header earlier wondering how JJP turns the board on if the headers aren't used. Now I know, by having the BIOS setting set as such.
So, with the power turned on, (driver PCB lit up, but no activity on the PC Powersupply or CPU fan, of course), I shorten pins 3 & 4 on the header (the header is on the top right on the board as installed on my pin, and the pins are on the left side of that header, reset would be on the right side: see the legend). I've included a pic for everyone and you can see the pin config on the white screened legend to the right of the header)
I used the USB connector inside the coin door area, to plug in the USB keyboard. After shorting the pins, the pin powered up, I saw a splash screen, it restarted, saw the splash screen again but then just powered up properly. I could not see which key was to be used to access the config. I shutdown the PC twice and it comes up ok. I'll leave it like this for now and check with support as to what the key is.
Thanks again![quoted image][quoted image]

Most motherboards respond to one of the following

F2
F8
DEL

i usually push these in order until the bios come up

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from bmegar:

Does anyone know when the POTC CE’s are going to get released,Any information will be greatly appreciated

Should be going on the in the next week or so.

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Big Thanks to Christopher at Kingpin games kingpingames for getting this game to me for our party this weekend . So far NO problems at all with the game and it came in great shape. My daughter helped me get it in the house and set up so I had to let her play the first game. Wow, What a game. The gameplay is great and can't wait to learn what I am doing in the game. Born on date of 11/26/2018.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice lineup bill. Looks like you need a hobbit to go with them. It just so happens i have one left in stock. I'll drop it off tomorrow for you....

Thanks for supporting the local guy. It means more than you can imagine.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

That seems weird - I’ve never had a issue with the woz trough but have replaced the balls at least 2 or 3 times since it was new. I’ve had Dialed In a few weeks and that game has the craziest magnet action I can remember, but the trough seems fine for now. Is there more magnet action with pirates than DI? Maybe I will grab a few shims also just in case.

could be many things, but there is always a possibility of a batch of balls that are just more susceptible to magnetism. I received a batch of 200 balls from a vendor once that all had to be sent back. I had them in a customers lord of the rings, theater of magic and woz, and they all became magnetized after about 20 games or so. took me over an hour to figure out what was going on, but in the end, I just changed out the balls and all has been great since then.

not saying this is the case for these customers, but it is a possibility.

#1417 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Can the electronic manual onboard the game be updated manually or is that a function of a code update?

as far as i know, it comes with the code updates.

1 week later
#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

How do you find the videos they did? Everytime I go to their twitch page nothing comes up.

I have them loaded too. www.kingpingames.net

Take a look, they are great videos. Really helps to get a better handle on the layers of code written for the game.

#1835 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Kristin surprised me yesterday and said ours is coming Tuesday! And Monster Bash on Monday.

Sweet!

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks! I think next on my wishlight might be a WOZ.

Let me know when you're ready for your next game. New or slightly used, we can help.

#1894 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Got any used POTC CE's in yet ?
LTG : )

No yet, but if you need one I'm sure we can figure something out. You still have your bbb?

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Still have it, not mine. Was thinking trading my LE up for it.

Give me a call tomorrow and we can talk

608-393-2299

#1983 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Nice - I might do that too. Now for that bumper VUK.....I'll take a look through here.

it is just another coil that you can turn down. it should be listed as the pop bumper vuk (or something similiar)

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Couple questions:
1. Anybody have or know of any streams of a standard edition in action?
2. Is there any difference with the CE's other than topper, barnacles, and Davy Jones art?

1) not sure

2) DJ art (cabinet, playfield, plastics, backglass), topper, body armor, barnacles, limited to 200 units.

#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just realized my standard doesn't include the starmap lightboard. Is this a part I can order and upgrade?

no, this is part of the Limited / Collector's edition package.

that being said, you are not left out. the playfield will "twinkle" in the area that you need to hit to complete the star map.

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You seem to understand how the starmap works. Care to explain?

here is one of the older videos, but it focuses on the star field. they have a camera focused on the starmap itself. now i believe it has changed slightly, but this should help out.

for this following along, this is Jersey Jack Pinball Live Stream #8

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Gold star for you. First time I've seen this one. We'll take a look Wednesday!

Shouldn't it be gold coin, not gold star?

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Hi there,
I was lucky to receive mine yesterday and set it up for Christmas day. Wow! My first NIB pin. Ships moves properly, etc....so far but we only played about 5 games on it.
I have an issue with the left flipper that has gradually lost its power after the first game. You can't reach the top of the playfield using the left flipper, only about half way. It goes about 1/4 of the black pearl ramp and now the power of the left flipper is even weaker and you bearly can make the entrance ramp. You can reach Tortuga hole if lucky.
I increased the flipper power in coil setting, I set the left flipper to the max 32 and the right one to 28. The right flipper is fine, but the left one is extremely weak. I also lifted the playfield and tightened the screw of the left flipper (it was tight enough, but I tried to tight to the max however it does not seem to be the issue).
Can anybody share some suggestion on how to fix the power leakage of the left flipper? The game is half playable (still the playfield looks great and appealing) but the left weak flipper steals the fun out of it.

I would start with the coil itself. Put the machine into coil test and test the high voltage side of the coil.it almost sounds like you are only getting the low voltage (the hold). If you lift the playfield, look at the wiring for the coil and make sure all 3 wires are secured to their lugs. Also check the eos (end of stroke) switch and make sure it is working properly.

If you need more help post here or call your distributor. If they are unavailable let me know and I will try to assist some more.

2 weeks later
#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

I love this game, but got complaints because of the noise when playing.
While a pinball machine will always be a bit noisy, how can I reduce noise on the following elements?
- both right and left flippers
- bumbers
I searched on the forum, found that some people added insulated foam inside the cabinet; not sure I have to go that route on my POTC.
But, in order to limit the noise when the plunger hits the coil stop (hope the terms are right, this is a significant noise source), is there some rubber or ring that I can add that will make the 'clic' noise less noisy? Or anything else?

These are the same mechs that have been used in pinball games for the last 30 years. There is no way (that i know of) to reduce the noise. This is part of pinball.

I noticed that this is your first NIB game, but is it also your first game in general? Not asking to be an ass, but generally curious as all pinball games (except the virtual ones, which are not really pinball) will have these mechanisms and make these same sounds. Even if you were able to deaden the noises with insulation, the noise would still travel through the glass (although there are some noise reduction properties inherent to the glass itself.)

If you find something let us know, otherwise, accept it as part of the "pinball experience" and enjoy your game.

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I figured it out! So I remembered people earlier saying if any switch was hit on the lower playfield, the gate closes. Days ago I had a leaf switch registered as stuck closed. It went away on its own without me adjusting it, I just kept a mental note of it in case it happened again. I adjusted it anyway and the problem ceased! It must have been touching when the flippers vibrated the machine. Odd it didn't happen during the "bang on the playfield test". Anyway, there it is. Hit the ship three times in one game.

nice to see you have if figured out. thanks for letting us know.

#2778 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for people who don't own this game and are reading this thread every day seeing new issue after another - maybe I'm just the lucky one but I haven't had any real issues. Literally none. The game plays amazing too. I just wanted to mention this b/c if I was a new buyer and read this thread I might be concerned about getting one.

i would also say that at least 90% of these are "pinball issues," and not "PotC issues."

switch adjustments, coil adjustments, etc are all issues that are common across ALL pinballs. the broken wires, offset toppers, etc have all been remedied at the factory and new buyers should not run into those (neither should the other buyers, but it happened and JJP corrected it in later builds).

#2780 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah I just get a little concerned that new buyers are going to read this thread and get discouraged......thought i would mention my experience thus far.

definitely. i would encourage all the people not having issues to comment too, but they are probably too busy enjoying their game.

if new buyers are worried, give me a call. I can point you in the direction of a great distributor that answers emails/phone calls at all hours of the night and it a decent tech support guy. Also, JJP has an amazing tech support department that is there just in case you need them.

#2783 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chris is serious.
You have a ball running around a few miles an hour inside a pinball machine. Sooner or later you'll have to fix something. Sooner or later you'll have to clean it. Chris will help you. Before, during and after the sale.
And crap can happen in shipping. The way these games bounce around down the highway in semi trailers, it is amazing more things don't pop up. Something needing adjusting, connector come loose. And in these threads too often you only hear the bad. Not the people enjoying their new pinball machine.
It's important to have a distributor who is there for you. Not to mention free shipping for veterans, and Chris doubles the factory warranty of the games he sells. He has that much faith in his product.
Call Chris today. https://www.kingpingames.net/ tell him LTG : ) sent you. You'll be glad you did.

great, now i have to stay up another hour so i don't dream of LTG right away.

thank you both for the kind words.

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

A couple more items, curious to hear the owners' feedback:
1) Often times when shooting the inner loop, the ball will drop into the pearl ship area and go up on the ship. Doesn't seem like it should be happening.
2) Auto-plunge is all sorts of jacked up..not sure if it's wireform or what.

most of your newer phones will have a "slow motion" mode for the camera. try recording a couple of shows in slow-mo and see if you are getting hits on the center of the ball or if it is pushing the ball one way or another.

#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn the game off. Remove lockdown bar. ( watch glass so it doesn't slide out ) Look at switch. See the arm of the switch ? See the tiny knob on the switch body that the arm pushes into the switch body ? Press the arm down with your fat little finger right at the point of that knob and with your other hand pick a finger and use that one to bend the arm up a little while the other fat little finger is keeping the arm pressed down on that knob.
That way the switch will work better and you didn't effect the arm pushing the knob into the switch body.

Or..., you can look at the screw in the bottom of the action button and back it out a bit. Make that screw just a little longer and see if it has the distance to activate the switch.

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, so now I'm at a complete loss on the auto launcher. I've put washers on the plunger to pull it back further away, re-situated the auto housing, zip tied the coil, put a washer in so that it doesn't wiggle as much, tested the range of strength settings, and crimped the prongs to be closer together. There's no reason this shouldn't be working. It seems to get worse the more games we play on it in a row.

Have you taken a slow motion video of what is going on? Most new smart phones will have a slow motion setting. If you want to send it to me, I will take a look.

[email protected]

1 week later
#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My manual plunger was already low as it could go and just hitting the auto, so I used a dremel to grind away a little where it was hitting the auto plunger. Works great now.

the other option is to loosen the shooter rod housing, add a washer between the bottom of the housing and the cabinet. then tighten the housing back up. this will cause the tip of the shooter rod to tilt down ever so slightly and make it so it doesn't hit the auto launch.

#3309 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

6 or 7 days of sitting in the polar vortex at the distribution center, possibly 4 of those days on the truck while FEDEX was shut down, 2 hours of it being in the 30 degree garage, waiting for help to get it downstairs, about an hour after that to get it in position with legs on, pop the backbox up and ... frost inside and out on the glass. I let it thaw and worked on some issues before powering it up. Yes Hell did freeze over, the Lions are not in the Super Bowl however, but things are thawing out now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I would give that a full day to warm up.

If anyone is looking, I have 1 potc le available now and a couple more coming next week.

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I hope this isnt true been thinking about picking one up. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, after distributors orders ate fulfilled production will be put on hold. Another woz run, and then onto game 5. At this time we are not being when or if another pirates run will happen. It has nothing to do with rights though.

Call your favorite distributor to get one.

Personally I have the following left (still to be built)

3 standard
2 limited
2 collectors

#3546 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I read somewhere it's going to be a yellow brick road version stripped down no flying monkey

If you read it on the internet then it must be true, right?

#3563 5 years ago

Looks like (ex) Green Bay Packers head coach is a pinball fan! Nice choices there coach.

20190209_131018 (resized).jpg20190209_131018 (resized).jpg
#3565 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Cool! Even as I Lions fan I can appreciate that! Was Mike at your store?

No, he called and we discussed different games. This is what he decided on.

#3568 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Where did you get the pic from? We are looking at buying a home in Green Bay and went to two of them that were two houses down on either side of McCarthy ‘s house haha.

I took the picture when I delivered the game

#3575 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Packers coach didn't get the LE mbr? Cmon now son!

Didn't want to wait. Special was in stock.

#3674 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

This is from the same PDF that is available for everyone and available right in the game's setup menu for quick access. I would never spend $100 USD on it. The JJP PDF manuals are a thing of beauty. Thanks to Butch Peel!

this is not entirely true. while you are getting everything from the pdf, you also get the behind the scenes photos from the whitewood builds to the shows to extras not found online.

I have a hard copy of all 4 games. they are great to have around (and my brother, nephew and daughter make cameos in the different manuals)

#3730 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For the guys that have had this game for a couple months or more, what do you think of it? Is it still worth 10k? Are you having any thoughts of dumping it soon? How is it compared to other games you own or have owned? I must admit, I've never had such a difficult time deciding on a game before, but the price still has me held back. For some reason there is a mental threshold past 8k for me. Even if you only had it a very short time, how is the honeymoon period comparing to other games you've owned?

We offer trade ins of other coin op equipment (pinball, arcade, dart, etc), cars, motorcycle, etc if that will help with the self imposed threshold.

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok with all the Good vibes I have a personal Negative vibe on Pirates! This game has Literally ruined all other games for me! Dam you Eric, Keith, Joe, and JJP team you raised the fricken bar so high I now constantly compare this game to every other I play or is released and this just makes them sad. You ruined my future of ever loving other games and I blame you for that with this amazing fricken machine! And to make matters even More difficult it turns out KingPin Chris is a beyond awesome guy and I won't ever be able to say no to him cause he's so darn nice. And don't get me started on Lloyd!!!! Ok I'm done venting I have some plundering to do!!!

ha, okay. let's test this out.

I would like 2 full set of ALL PotC items from your store... for free.

Just kidding. I will gladly buy them (and then you will return my money to me when you buy your next game (which you will make mods for, and that i will buy, and that you will return to me.... and so on and so on)

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Congrats! But I thought the LEs were fully sold through and waiting list only. Is that not the case? Or did you get a standard?

That was just with jjp directly. Distributors have a few left

#3841 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just assuming but I think KingPin Games Christopher just north of you has one on his floor?? Might be another option. Good Luck!!

I wish. Everything I have is at customers homes. As soon as my personal collectors comes in you are welcome to come and play though.

#3872 5 years ago

Thanks for your help Lloyd - still tearing my hair out on this ship not moving. I guess I need to figure out how to test the motor/board. I tried following the wires all the way up to the head unit, don't see anything loose, but there's a lot of cable covered up by the black conduit with sections along the way; I peeked in where it was possible.
I've emailed support as well. Will let everyone know if I come up with a solution.
Edit: It is an amazing pin, but an extremely frustrating experience to have my first NIB have so many issues with <150 plays on it.

Have you reached out to your distributor? They are supposed to be there to help. Do you have access to a digital multimeter? PM me and we can go over how and where to test.

#3937 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Scratch that. All of my spotlights are out now. That’s no good. What did I burn out?

spotlights are controlled by

f709 3a sb
f714 4a sb

Yellow power wire (J109-1) and yellow/green drive (J109-8)

are you pop bumper barrels spinning, your black pearl moving? (these are on the same power line). If they are, then you either have a blown transistor (Q416) or a broken wire. The same color wiring is for all 5 spotlights

#3939 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wait, you had a broken wire -inside- the zip tied bundle?
Was your behavior the same, these 3 specific switches failing?

are you other switches in that column working?

Spot
Gold
Cannon

it sounds like you have a broken wire. I would check the wire coming off of the "Spot" target since this the one before you seem to be losing activity.

#3942 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I'm almost certain it's the green and brown wire.

yes, it is. the entire column is run by the green/brown wire. manuals are built into each games software, and are also downloadable at www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support. click downloads, pirates, manual.

page c-152 (switch matrix)

#3945 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep the other 3 are fine. I’m about to head back over there and help him diagnose this. Thank you!

okay, then i would definitely check the wire coming from the (Spot) gold target and going to the (Load) cannon target. you will have to remove the black pearl in order to get a good look at (and fix) this wire.

#3946 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You are correct. 714 was blown. All good now. Gracias amigo. [quoted image]

glad to hear it.

#3949 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Did they build all the CE Editions?
If not how many if you had to guess ?

Yes. I have 2 left if you are looking for one

#3957 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thank you procrastinator, kingpingames, ltg and wheels !
You nailed it. Once we got the Pearl off (had to cut some zip ties to do this) the problem was indeed the green/brown wire on the gold spot target.
Once we soldered this in place everything worked great!
I feel very happy that we were able to get the game working on delivery day for my good pirate friend.[quoted image]

Wonderful. I hope the customer enjoys thier game.

#4016 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have given up on Pinwiki ever giving me an account, so I have consolidated my POTC troubleshooting guide here:
http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes
If you have suggestions and additional content to add let me know. I will try and update this with pictures also.

Looks great. Do you mind if I reference this for some customers?

I would also like add that owners should reach out to thier distributors before directly to jjp support. The distributors are there to help thier customers. Some of the times it will actually be faster to get in touch with your distributor than jjp tech support.

#4019 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Do you have to remove ship to install map cliffy?

It will make it easier. The ship is relatively easy to remove.

#4135 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Question ....I am new to this site and was curious on how long people had to wait for their le pirates? I have had an order in for the le since mid December and Still haven’t received my game. Thanks.

All depends on how many people were in front of you with your distributor. Did you ask them where you were on thier list?

#4147 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

When i ordered Zach hasn’t started his company other wise I would have I love there youtube show.amini won’t refund my money they claim it’s a store policy since they ordered my pin already.

Find a new distributor. Refunds (before the game ships) should not be an issue. I would much rather refund a customer than have one paid up that is going to tell their friends what a difficult time they had with me.

#4158 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Interesting as my WOZRR didn't come with the manual, only the cd. Had to purchase mine too.

The wozrr should have came with the printed manual. Thba did not (although I too recieved one with one of mine).

How long ago did you get the wozrr?

#4244 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

SE vs LE is a no-brainer. For $1000 you get:
- Shaker motor
- Invisiglass
- Powder coated rails
- Star map
- Topper
- Spinner pop bumpers
Probably a few more things I am forgetting.

Rgb gi lighting (this and the star map CAN NOT be added later)

Cave on left side
Target decals
Numbered plaque
Headphone jack

#4346 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Any dealer/distributor recommendations for JJPOTC? This game is just too much fun. I might even splurge for a CE.

We have 2 ce left. All of the guys mentioned will make you happy.

#4426 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Not Exactly correct Manual and Invisiglass where options for Export Distributors

really, that is news to me. thanks for clearing that up.

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Folks, I am going in on a POTC later this year. I have now had 3 separate people tell me that JJP is going to stop producing these games.
What is the basis for that? Nobody’s been able to point to anything concrete. This game knocks my socks off so I’m definitely in!

The basis is that the distributors (myself and others) were told from JJP DIRECTLY that production would stop. It is not hearsay, rumor, or speculation. This is what we were told. Another run of woz, then on to game 5, then game 6. At this time we (the distributors) have not be told if another run will ever come, so we are assuming that it will not.

Regardless, get the game because YOU want it, not because of any other reason.

#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Ok, I have no screen in the apron. Turned off and back on still no screen. It is tight at the connection in apron. Going to check at cpu.

Worst case, try plugging another vga (computer) monitor into that port and see if it is the screen or the motherboard.

#4716 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Ok so that worked with testing out the cpu. It’s good!
I will pull compass lcd and try the vga to it and see if there is a break in the line.
[quoted image]

Sounds good. Let me know if you need to make a claim.

#4722 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How long does it take for JJP to respond to your support request?
I was praying I wouldn't be one of the many with unplayable machines out of the box but alas there's work to be done!

You are one of the few. The many are too busy playing their games. Jjp is one man short right now on tech support. Have you reached out to the distributor that you purchased it from? Tech support is part of their job. They (the distributor) should be your first contact (unless you ordered directly from jjp). Jjp should be your backup.

To get to your issues. Have you checked to make sure the ship isn't catching on the wire loom in the back of the game?

Fyi, my aggressive tone is not meant for you, just meant to draw attention to the fact that some distributors need to step up and do their job better. Anyone can sell a game, a real distributor is there for you when your game doesnt work.

#4726 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Greatly appreciate your input and insight. It's definitely not catching on the loom, as even when the Playfield is lifted I can't get it out of forced calibration mode.

I have looked at your posts. What do you mean by "forced calibration?"

#4748 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?
Thanks

Game numbers are irrelevant. My last shipment was

All were built at the same time.

What is your build date? That's the relevant number.

#4834 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I think I'm going for a full new install. Must be software related. I'll report how that goes...

check the connection of your audio out from the cpu board to the audio in (j102) on the audio amp board. it sounds like one of them is not fully inserted, therefore only giving you some of the sounds.

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can someone please post a link to the available flow chart of this game, can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Page a-24 of the manual

#4863 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I swear my game is haunted. After talking to Butch from jjp on the phone...he emailed me a bunch of things to check on my new game...turns out almost all the connectors on the bottom of power board behind monitor were off or half off...so I connected and reseated all of them...then I try and put the playfield down and the two big harness going to the back box wont let me put the playfield all the way back so the tabs can seat on lock bar bracket...after 10 mins I had to force it back..so I think its fixed then I notice lower gi on out lanes are out...cant win

Just curious here, but did you remove the black foam block from behind the playfield? It is attached to the rear of the cabinet. It is there so the playfield doesnt bend the hangers during shipping, but should be removed once the game is set up. With it in place, it is difficult to get the playfield in place.

#4866 5 years ago

Are there any rulesheets/rule cards, or is it just pricing cards?

The rules and prices are displayed on the apron (compass) monitor.

#4871 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Playing tonight and noticed a couple of issues. When I lock ball two in the chest it still says it's only ball one.
Also having ball release issues. It goes into a ball search but does not release long enough to allow the ball to go out. Goes into a ball search and then game over.
I've also had game over after ball 2 is locked. Having a bunch of people over tomorrow night would appreciate any tips

Check your switch matrix. The ball locks are optos. Start with 0 balls in the chest and then add them one at a time. Switches 73, 74, and 75 are the 3 ball lock optos.

Also, under setting > coil settings > chest fire time. Try increase your fire time to 4 and see if that helps.

As for the game ending after the 2nd ball is locked, that sounds more like a trough switch acting up. Again, check over your switch matrix and make sure nothing is showing up as odd behavior.

Edit: or listen to the guy above me.... he be pretty smart.

#4875 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think the balls are magnetized. Don't know why that would happen with stock balls

Its possible, not as likely as with others, but still possible. That would explain some of the strangeness.

#4892 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Working through some fixes and trying to figure out the menu. Just to be sure when I’m in coil test and I press the start button (when it on manual) the coils should fire right? I’ve also had it run through then all and while it scrolls through each coil on the screen nothing is happening on the playfield.
I asked what number of balls for each multiball as I’ve only got two for each one. Starting to think a ball through sensor could be the issue

These are questions your distributor SHOULD be able to answer for you, but here you go.

Movie 1, 2 and 3 are 3 ball multiballs
Movie 4 and 5 are 2 ball multiiballs.

All of this (and much, much more) is in the manual that is built into your game or downloadable here

http://159.203.76.48/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf

pages a-12 to a-24

Quoted from zaphX:

Coils are disabled when the coin door is open. There’s a white plunger in the coin door hinge you can pull out to override this.
Be careful as it does this for safety reasons.

This is most likely your issue. when the door is opened the high power is disabled to prevent you from getting hurt.

This is no reflection on you @pale_purple, just a general statement, but people really need to shop around for a decent distributor. Someone who actually cares about what they do, not just getting the check and leaving their customers to figure things out. Does anyone have any idea how much JJP spends on tech support to compensate for lazy distributors? A LOT. I don't mind helping people out, I actually do it a lot, but I feel this is what a distributor is SUPPOSED to do.

My customers (even the second-hand ones) are all advised to call me FIRST before reaching out to JJP. 1) I am probably more than capable of handling their concerns, 2) I will generally be able to get back to them sooner than JJP (by definition that JJP has a lot more calls than I do) and 3) this is just the way it should be. You don't call Ford Motor company when you need work on your car, you call the dealer you got it from.

#5029 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone clue me in to what this Kaneda review is? Is this the same Kaneda guy I'm thinking about???? 2-4 years ago he would just troll every thread and basically everyone just told him to shut up. He had some anime character as his avatar....

yeah, that's the same guy.

#5100 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nice! Good for you Do you think buying this pin without actually playing it first would be a mistake? I’m tempted to just pull the trigger now since TPF would be a last minute decision

Your concerns are valid. I always advise people to go find the game on location, drop $20 in it and see what it is like. If you want to push that start button again after 20 games then it is probably a good choice for you, if you want to walk away after 6 games, then you just saved yourself a lot of money. looking at the map though. it looks like the closest one to you is in Houston.

#5139 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

JJP actually owns the WOZ license. They don't have to renew it over and over. So they can make runs anytime they want.

Quoted from gliebig:

Really? When I was just at the factory I was told they just renewed it for a few more years.

This is correct. Jjp renewed thier licensing. It is a time based license.

#5140 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So what is the consensus on no foam behind these targets. Seems like a lot of people have noticed this. It seems very odd. Anybody know?[quoted image]

This is to allow the upper flippers to not be so strong on a smaller playfield. Makes it easier to "hit" the switch.

#5389 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So lets pretend I am scrawny 151 pound guy. This pin weighs 350+ pounds. Any suggestions on how to get this down 6 steps of stairs?

Rent an escalara.

#5451 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had this. I had to loosen the screws to the manual plunger assembly and move it down so it stopped contacting the autoplunger.

Yes. Try this first. If it is still hitting the auto plunger, then loosen the bottom more, place a washer (or two) between the cabinet and the shooter rod assembly and tighten. This will cause the tip of the shooter rod to be at a slight downward angle.

#5507 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two brass screws on the lockdown bar receiver can be used to loosen or tighten the lockdown bar.

You're getting slower with your responses there old man....

#5527 5 years ago
Quoted from Lazar:

In search of my first pin and landed at JJP POTC LE. Quick question to those with experience. The distributor I am going through adds on another $500 for delivery, setup, and one year warranty. I feel that I can handle transport and setup, but maybe you can tell me to not be so confident. If we don’t get the warranty the following occurs: we are 3 hours from the distributor and any service calls would require us to bring the pin to them if there is issue. Thoughts on whether I should pay the extra $500? Thanks in advance.

We usually charge around $250 for delivery and setup (if there are stairs). Does the 1 year warranty cover labor costs? If it is a partake warranty only, does it begin when you open it or after the factory warranty ends?

Where are you located? I would normally say "shop around," but there are not many potc le left so you may be at the distributors mercy.

#5568 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you check with Kingpin games ?

I will save him the trouble.

At this time i have the following

(2) Standard Edition $8500
(1) Collector's Edition $12,500

plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.

#5641 5 years ago

For those looking for games. I believe (but have not personally verified) that almost all limited editions are sold out.

I currently have 1 collectors in stock and ready to ship and 3 standards waiting to be built. Pass the word that games are getting difficult to come by.

#5647 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR still has POTC LEs left available to sell. Fortunately as one of the larger JJP distributors we ordered a bucketful on day 1.
We know factory is sold out and hearing many other distributors are as well. We have LEs left and a small number of SEs still left.
Contact Joe at [email protected].
TY

good to know. i will send some your way then.

#5673 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The rumor I heard (and am spreading) is that Christopher at #KingPinGames and his brother Eric didn't want to share this amazing marvel with anyone and hoarded ALL of them into a cave in WI! Last I heard they were building a pirate fort with the boxes and created their own pirate codex to live by in hiding. Its the internet so it Must be true!!!
[quoted image]

its-on-the-internet-it-must-be-true-kermit-9256355 (resized).pngits-on-the-internet-it-must-be-true-kermit-9256355 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#6355 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is this odd?....
Yesterday, I was playing a one player game. I just drained ball #2 and accidentally hit the start button. It added a second player with 3 balls. Can't you usually only add players during ball 1 on most games? Maybe I've just never done that before.

This is the "Balls in Reserve" option in the settings. It allows just what you are talking about. At any point, someone else can join the game. You also never play two balls in a row. Even if you get an extra ball, you alternate players until there are no balls left. It is a nice feature.

sorry, took a phone call while typing and it looks like King beat me to it.

1 week later
#7035 4 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

Anyone help ??? Always locating balls
[quoted image]

They are all switches that either haven't been hit or are not working?

Have you loaded the canon on the pearl and fired it at the dauntless? That's 3 of the switches.

Have you loaded balls in the chest? That 3 others.

The last one is the letter "l" in the world gold for the stand up targets.

While in switch test mode, remove the glass and use the ball to activate all of these switches. If they do not register then we need to look for broken wires or something similar

2 weeks later
#8121 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Next time I buy from Kingpin, and maybe while I'm at it, I should move to the Chicagoland/Wisconsin area too!

Sweet!

#8171 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

The LE are numbered right? Who has highest number?!

The game numbers are arbitrary. They only have meaning to you guys. I believe I delivered on in the 900's, but not entirely sure

#8293 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Anyone heard status on the latest run? If they are still idling waiting for parts?

Yes, still on hold

1 week later
#8654 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Saw on Facebook 41 more le's are going to be offered for sale

This is not entirely accurate. While there are games left to be built, they are already sold (at least mine are). Other distributors may have some, but these are not "new" games being built, they are game "ordered, but yet to be built."

Like everyone else, I really wish they would do another run or two.

#8676 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I had visions on my first Kingpin purchased machine until I read this.

I do have a potc standard. Your dream can still be a reality.

#8951 4 years ago
Quoted from Hunico:

Hello...for update 0.99
what it´s better full installation or change-log?
thanks
I loves this game...my first JJP next Guns & Roses...

full installation. the change-log shows what has been changed and is not an actual update file.

#9024 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben41:

Hello everybody,
in the new code, there is still no final wizard mode has anybody an idea when jjp will show up with this one ?
looking so forward to break the curse ...
best reagards
Jürgen

Are you really getting that far so often that you need this? If so, I will not be playing dollar games with you sir, just tell me in advance and I'll just give you the dollar.

2 weeks later
#9602 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm in the same boat interested in the standard but wondering is there such difference in gameplay and features worth waiting for a LE to pop up. I read theres no RGB on the playfield or star field.
I really dont care about the star field but does the RGB make a difference? Does RGB playfield mean all those changing colors on the arrow indicators will be just white?

Quoted from Lermods:

I think it does and that a very significant difference. Seeing everything all white would make it much more difficult to figure out what to shoot.

The inserts are still FULL RGB. The only part that is not are the few general illumination lights under the plastics.

#9717 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

Hey guys! I've been lurking on Pinside for a good 3 years now searching for my first pin (NIB at that) and finally settled on JJP POTC! Just received it last week and this game totally lives up to expectations - super happy!!
I bought an LE from Christopher from Kingpin Games and he's been awesome with the whole transaction! Had a few little issues (as with any pin) and he's "righted the ship" so to speak and been great! Highly recommend him!

Thanks for the kind words John.

#9786 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yes you could but when I ordered back in Jan I was told nothing over 1000. Maybe he meant 200

this is what I was told directly from JJP at the time. Apparently, they changed their mind after that.

#9989 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All I have to do is make up a fake potential problem somewhere on the playfield and I can get this thread up to 18000 by Thursday! lol

Something like

"I have so many mods on my game I cant see the ball anymore. Anyone else having this issue? I cant be the only one, right?"

Is that accurate?

1 month later
#11310 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Funny question... I can't get my damn backglass off on Pirates. It's so tight I unlocked it and it wont budge. Should i unscrew the top by the speakers? 20 minutes i give up.

try loosening the two torx screws by the lock and see if that helps.

1 week later
#11441 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

It is the Hobbit Armor from Jjp... but I will note that the legs are shorter then the Pirates legs. Robert Stone powdercoated the legs to match the GOLD VEIN. Came out great!

You sure? Woz (not ybr) and Hobbit have the same legs, but Dialed in, PotC and Wonka should all be the same.

#11444 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Hobbit Gold Vein Legs, shorter the Potc original legs.[quoted image]

ah.... got it. I thought they were powder coated to look like the hobbit legs, didn't realize they were hobbit legs.

4 weeks later
#11897 4 years ago
Quoted from tmfeuerh:

Thx. I will see what JJP says and give it a shot.

Your first contact point is the distributor that sold it to you. Since JJP hasn't had any PotC machines for months now, I would start with your distributor. As a distriubtor, I can tell you that selling machines that are not locally can be a challenge when it comes to service, but it is ultimately the distributors responsibility to do their best to handle this before bringing JJP into the mix. If they are unable (or unwilling), find a better distributor for your next purchase.

In the meantime, get the replacement parts sent out and see if you have anyone local willing to come over and help you in exchange for playing a few games (and possibly drinking a few drinks) with you in exchange of working on your new game.

1 week later
#11971 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just sent deposit in to join this club. Decision to purchase was 100% based on Pinside positive reaction to this game. I've done this sort of thing before and have never been led astray. Hopefully will get either next weekend or the following. Hurricane Dorian might push back getting this bad boy a bit.
Very exciting.

nice job!

#11992 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Quick question.
A ball gets stuck occasionally and i have to trap up, open the coin door and remove the glass to retrieve the stuck ball. However whenever i do the flipper goes dead and drains my ball. Frustrating only seems to happen when i have a good game going. My buddy said its a setting. But i cant seem to find the setting.

this is not a setting, this is the interlock switch on the coin door to disable the high voltage when you open the door.

where is the ball getting stuck?

1 week later
#12176 4 years ago

i believe i have some printed pirates manuals, but i will have to check. give me a couple hours. they would be the same costs as the other JJP manuals. $100 plus shipping.

#12216 4 years ago

okay, i (finally) responded to the massive amounts of requests for the printed manuals. I will get shipping quotes and let everyone know as soon as i can.

1 week later
#12344 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

syracuse.craigslist.org link
Brand new playfield.

not sure if this is meant to be sarcastic or not, but that is the Stern PotC playfield, not the JJP one.

3 months later
#13537 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I wish the plunger had a bit more punch and the ball card around faster.
I did the fix so I’m pretty sure blinding isn’t occurring, but I have seen other videos where the ball seems to launch much faster.
Has anyone upgraded to the next level of spring for the plunger or are there any other tips/tricks out there?
Thanks!

Are you sure that the washer from.you plunger tip isn't hitting the auto launch bracket? Mine was doing this and I really lost a lot of momentum. I loosened the 3 screws that held the shooter rod assembly in place, lowered the entire assembly and the retightened the screws. Now it works great

#13561 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Thanks for sharing this. I think mine has the same side to side play. I would assume they all do given the way the mech is. Maybe not...
Here's sort of my frustrating thing... when I try to move the plunger rod to be more centered within the auto forks (so moving the plunger tip/assembly to the right), it tends to collide horribly with the auto forks where basically every manual plunge is crashing into the auto forks.
You can't theoretically have the plunger assembly (that is the 3 screws) any lower than the lowest screw on the bottom so I'll continue to mess with this. Oh... I also noticed .. as I was tightening that bottom screw it was sorta raising the elevation of the other two screws (the plunger assembly) which is no good so maybe I can only tighten so much, test, add the other top screws and then finish tightening the bottom.I thought I raised the playfield enough, but it looks like that plunger washer still just wants to rub against that auto plunger mech...sometimes.
--------------------------------------------------------
On a completely separate thought - I wouldn't be surprised if my wireworms aren't perfect.
Has anyone ever manually rode a ball all the way up the shooter lane - like with their hand? It's not smooth..
In this photo, that horizontal bar underneath the wireform right above where I have the ball positioned, there is a very noticeable bump. I have highlighted the suspect area:
[quoted image]

You could loosen all 3 screws in the shooter housing, then place a washer between the housing and the front of the cabinet (at the bottom of the housing) and tighten accordingly. This will cause the top of the housing (and therefore the tip of the plunger) to point down slightly.

#13604 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The LE has been doing it a while...debugging and tweaking out the CE has got it under my skin and wanting to fix.
Both machines are level side to side. I don't know the pitch as I do use the lines on the bubble level built in. I should probably get serious and get a digital level.

mine (both the le i had and the ce that i now have) had this issue a bit too. i turned the coil for the depths down to just slightly above "dribbling out." Now the ball comes down smoothly enough to where I hold up the left flipper the ball will roll up and over and i can catch it easily with the right. I would start with the coil power. there is no reason for the ball to come screaming out of this vuk.

#13626 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

This is a long overdue update to this key post and a shout out to Chris@Kingpin Games.
TL;DR Chris is an awesome distributor!
My original post states that I wanted to maximize my chance of receiving a trouble-free JJP POTCLE, so I hired Chris to have the game shipped from JJP directly to him. He would then inspect the game, add some mods and play test it before shipping to me in a custom-built crate.
Well, the game showed up at Kingpin Games in perfect condition. No issues. He then proceeded to complete the above and shipped it to me in CA. The game arrived and looked perfect from the outside. There was no damage to the shipping crate. However, once I unpacked it, I noticed that the ship wasn’t connected to the back panel, as the bracket holding the ship had sheared off. Then I noticed the same thing had happened to the chest, with that bracket shearing off as well. The right ramp had a crack in the back of it and the monitor had become dislodged and scratched the back glass from the inside.
It was obvious that the crate had been dropped. It wasn’t hard enough to break any glass, but it was enough to cause the above stated damage. Unfortunately, the game was unplayable, and I had to break the news to Chris. More unfortunate was the fact, that since Chris had opened the original box for me and repackaged it, JJP was not liable for any of the damages and it would be a tough road trying to get the shipping company to pay for anything since there was no visible damage to the crate.
However, none of that was necessary, because Chris stepped up and took care of everything for me out of his own pocket! He had JJP send me the new parts I needed to get the game up and running. I installed the parts, fixed the game and it is now 100% perfect! Not only that, Chris also sent me a very generous gift for the time and effort I spent fixing the game.
The first day I talked to Chris to order my POTC, he told me that no matter what, he would do everything in his power to make sure I’m a happy customer. He also told me that he was a man of his word. Chris is absolutely that and more. He is a great distributor that I would highly recommend and will do business with again in the future. Thanks, Chris!
Ok, back to playing this amazing game!

thank you for the review and the compliments. it was a terrible endeavor, but in the end (with JJP's help on getting the parts) it was taken care of.

1 month later
#14268 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Been working on spicing up my SE. I love this game! I can’t stop playing it. Definitely a keeper![quoted image]

where did you get the CE backglass from? i have been told multiple times that you need a valid CE serial to get ANYTHING CE related (i too had some customers that wanted the ce backglass).

#14270 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

A previous CE owner had a imperfection in his glass and got a replacement.

ah, sweet deal.

#14279 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think the reality of the situation is a lot simpler when you look at the buyers.
CE buyers: they want it all, and price is not hugely material.
SE buyers: they want in at the lowest possible cost
That leaves LE buyers in the middle. When I made my original LE purchase, I looked at all the upgrades over the SE and decided it was easily worth the $1000 delta from SE. Parting those things out piecemeal would have cost more, so there's no point.

don't forget, a good portion of the CE buyers always want something that no one else will have. this is why you can not get the ce exclusive parts (or le exclusive for Stern). Hell, even the Rob Zombie LE backglass was exclusive for Spooky.

1 week later
#14410 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think you guys are looking at things in too much a black or white situation. I don’t know what the deal is with JJP right now, and they have never been the top stars at fast customer support - but if distributors are supposed to be part of the equation, they should be doing some of the legwork to their customers. Maybe JJP has changed that model, or told the distros to contact them ? I don’t know, but both avenues seem to be on the table. My point about distributors was that if they are positioned right, they should be taking some of the heat off JJP’s direct support, which is especially needed during this big move to Illinois they are doing.

a lot of distributors do. I tell ALL of my customers to call/email me before reaching out to JJP. Do they all listen? no...

1 month later
#14908 3 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Is the recording of the stream gone? Can't seem to find it.

unfortunately, this one was not archived.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingpingames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=kingpingames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.