(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,171 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 221 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,302 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shipbottle (resized).JPG
0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpeg
6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg
D162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpeg
2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg
afmr10 (resized).jpg
D18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpeg
D7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpeg
DB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpeg
CF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpeg
74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpeg
B3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpeg
272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg
DFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpeg
DSC00679 (resized).JPG
DSC00142 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (1 year ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (11 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (10 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (9 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (9 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (9 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (8 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (8 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (8 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (7 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (7 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (6 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinbuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballj:

Two minor call outs... The packing material wasn't exactly spelled out on the setup sheet. It was called out to "remove packing material", but just remember to take the foam blocks out from around the black pearl. They were a little hard to see as they blended in, but we did catch it before turning on.
As far as the topper goes, the cable is wire tied to the back of the bracket where the topper mounts too (I love strain reliefs!). This actually is in the way of the topper, so I had to slip off the wire tie. I plan to put a large wire tie on so that it just can't slip back through the hole in the top of the cabinet (if that makes sense)
[quoted image][quoted image]

What's the trick to getting the topper installed? Seems like the screws are too short, unless I'm using the wrong ones...

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

They should go through the hole in the front of the metal channel the topper sits in, through the topper, and into the threaded holes in the channel the topper sits in. Then put the black plastic plugs in the holes in front.
LTG : )

Got it. Thanks!

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm excited to see a stream of this and the teams feedback. I think you guys are some of the best out there.

Thanks! I did a quick stream of it the other day after setting it up. Here's the VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/308859115

Much more to come!

#135 1 year ago

I just had the backglass out of my JJPOTC LE and it's definitely printed glass, not a translite.

Dialed In is the same way. The translites you see around they just make for promotional use and wall hangings and stuff.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from Axl:

Next time you open up the machine, could you take some pictures of the boards?

Sure, easy enough. Should have some for you here shortly.

Quoted from Axl:

Edit: I watched your stream and saw very early that the ball drained directly from the mode start. I have seen that on the JJP stream as well. Does it happen often?

Not often but it is possible based on the design. I usually just give it a quick nudge as it hits the gold targets now and it's good.

I've found that it took me a bit of time to anticipate inlane/outlane nudging based on the unusual configuration but most balls are very savable.

Quoted from Axl:

The ball got stuck on the transition from the ramp to the ship. Strange that they haven’t managed to fix that yet. When I played the prototype it had the same fault.

There's an adjustment for that that I'm going to work on, will report back.

#140 1 year ago

Ok, ramp adjustment was easy. A single hex screw to tighten to lower the part where the ramp meets the ship. 1 minute fix (see circled screw in photo below)

Took some pics of the bottom of the playfield while I was in there too.

057F5244-3AA4-40E2-A08A-108AF8425A1C (resized).jpeg0ECA08C9-2F32-4432-A7C6-B860413C78B4 (resized).jpegB01F309B-31CA-4178-B6C9-17244C3A25D3 (resized).jpegBF26B631-0925-4FD5-9E55-325C442D7166 (resized).jpegDB37A4C9-C011-417C-94CB-C234A9D7D470 (resized).jpeg
#145 1 year ago

Going to stream more pirates tonight with direct audio and video capture! Live at 8 Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Great , Show us some Wizard Modes

I got to one so far (off stream) -- On Stranger Tides. Didn't make much progress in it but I can try to get back there again.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What was the objective and was there any unique video/music content?

There was definitely a custom screen on the display and a unique light show -- from what I remember it basically dimmed all the lights except for the shots you needed to hit. It was timed and I didn't hit enough shots in time to progress to figure out what happened next. Can't remember what happened to the music.

Real helpful I know

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

There are custom SFXs for scoring and I wrote a custom piece of music for each of the five POTC wizard modes. JP created great unique graphics for each of the five Wizard modes.
worth getting to.....

Got to the Kraken last night on stream, here's the highlighted game. Also, plundering is awesome.

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Kevin - I'm excited to hear you compare your experience with this game and dialed in now that you own both. I suspect they compliment each other well with one being standard other side so let's ignore that for now..... Straight vs mode..... On a desert island with only one of them..... Which one is it?
..... And we know it's early for pirates but immediate first impressions is still helpful.

Don't make me choose!

Keeping in mind that I'm still in the honeymoon period with it, honestly just due to the sheer number of ways you can approach the game with the different captains and sets of modes etc, I'd probably pick POTC for the desert island. Not to mention it'd be thematically appropriate!

And that's saying a lot because I LOVE Dialed In. So there you go, for whatever that's worth.

1 week later
#192 1 year ago

We’re doing this on Thursday too

76FBDBD7-5843-485B-A8E0-E40DB6662175 (resized).jpeg
#202 1 year ago

Found a good explanation of how Liar's Dice works:

#217 1 year ago

Stayed up past midnight playing the latest code, noticing new sounds and music and won myself a game of Liar’s Dice. Super fun, can’t wait to stream more for you guys tomorrow in the JJPOTC double header!

#224 1 year ago

Here's the show from last night if you missed it live:

#241 1 year ago

Highlighted the game where I got to Curse of the Black Pearl wizard mode:

#243 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What happens at the end? It’s says port defeated and video cuts out.

Hmm looks like I clipped off the end by accident. I'll re-do it.

EDIT: Full clip now in the post above!

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Also I watched Kevin play on several videos and it seems that the electronic map lands almost always on plunder opponents character and doesn’t seem all that random. Not sure they got the code right for that.

If you're watching our most recent stream, Rob and I turned plundering up to the maximum setting for fun. There are several adjustments you can set that change the plundering percentage.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Kevin you are awesome!

This GAME is awesome! But thank you

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

Finally got this game in my house. I'm in love.
While I could easily be accused of being in the honeymoon phase (and I am), this is now my favorite game, knocking Walking Dead Premium off of it's three year reign in the top spot.
Can't wait to sing it's praises on our next podcast. #SorryHaters
-Nick, Buffalo Pinball

I'm ready to fanboy it up!

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah - it’s called I have kids and don’t have the ability sit and stare at the screen uninterrupted so I likely missed it.

Just for you buddy: https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongWiseMacaroniDoritosChip

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Fly out to MN and lets hold a buffalo pinball live stream at SS Billiards. Kevin Vs. John

Be right there

1 week later
#393 1 year ago

Tonight we talk with hogbog of Jersey Jack Pinball about all things Pirates of the Caribbean! Reply with your questions or email talkpinball@gmail.com and we'll answer them on the show. Live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

eric (resized).jpg
#396 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ive got a question for him........hahaha

I'll ask so your game gets bumped back another spot. I've got your back!

#420 1 year ago

A full plunge without flipping on mine hits the lower right flipper. I wouldn't trust that pinguy app, get a level out (preferably digital) and put it on the playfield.

#425 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Thanks Kevin. Does your upper flipper sit at this angle? I’m wondering if it’s supposed to steer the ball to the flipper. [quoted image]

Here’s how mine looks. Might be worth positioning your flipper “out” a bit more — even a small adjustment can make a big difference.

90960437-5C72-41C6-BCE6-B5BCB682684B (resized).jpeg
#434 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Leveled and still was draining. Looking at kevinbuffalo pic, his upper flipper was definitely raised a bit more than mine. Adjusted the flipper out a bit and it’s now hitting the right flipper every time. Thanks again Kevin.

Awesome! Glad it worked.

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t have a picture but I can try words. Topper sits in channel. Screws go through large holes in front, through acrylic topper, and thread into rail. Install all screws and put provided plastic caps in front large holes in rail. 5 minute install.

This is right. Somewhere ltg answered this for me when I got mine. Acrylic topper sits at the back of the channel, screws go through the topper and into the metal channel in the back. Once it's screwed in you pop the black caps in the holes on the front side of the channel.

#511 1 year ago

Have you ever heard the Tron spinning disc with the glass off? It's loud too.

1 week later
#720 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Approximately where are your back legs set to put the game where JJP recommends? My game currently has the front legs all the way down and back ALLLLLL the way up so that no bolt is showing. Is the proper height approx 3/4 down? 1/2 down? 1/3 down? etc. would love to see a photo of the games back leg bolts set up at the correct height according to JJP where the bubble just touches the second line. mine is currently halfway past the 4th line or so. heh. Game plays very fast.

The new JJP games (Dialed In and newer) are designed so the game sits at 6.5 degrees with the leg levelers all the way in on all four legs (so, flat to the ground). This is what the game is intended to be at. You can adjust from there for level and to your preference, but if you crank the back legs up it's going to be way too steep.

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

It may be way too steep, but it plays like a freaking standard body dream at that height. I have had no actual game issues at this tilt. I was just curious what the standard "bubble right at 2nd line" height was.

Surprised you aren't having issues hitting the ramps with it that steep, seems like the ramp up to the ship would be really tough with it cranked up that high!

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Tell me about it that was my biggest issue when I played the machine the first time!

Gotta know when to strategically NOT go for the gold too!

#930 1 year ago

Completed the "At World's End" wizard mode last night!

#937 1 year ago

I usually have the game cranked up so loud I can't hear the spinner anyways

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from anathematize:

yea the pulse works about 90% of the time on the machine i've been playing. the SDTM drain only happens occasionally but its maddening when it does. as mentioned a simple 2 second ballsave would completely alleviate the issue.
the tortuga kickback issue is more prevalent in my experience. i'm not sure if its just a matter of the coil getting weak after getting played a bunch but once it starts happening its pretty much a 100% chance of a drain out of the kickback unless you nudge the machine right as the kickback is happening. i've seen a bunch of casual players just toss their hands up and call it 'cheap' after draining this way. seems like it could be fixed easily with another 2 second ball save or possibly toning down the kickback strength so the ball just falls to the right flipper.

All of the coil settings are adjustable in the menus. Play around with the tortuga kickback and figure out what works best for your game.

#1063 1 year ago

As far as I know, Arrrr Frenzy is timed. Rip the spinners while you can!

Gold is lit when you collect characters from the chapter shots, that's probably what's causing Gibbs to call out "GOLD" even when you don't hit the GOLD targets.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Does anyone have high res video of the display? I would like to take some stills of the gorgeous art, IE: Tilt warnings and Tilt, Multiball screens would be a good start. I realize that I can take the video out from the integrated video outputs but I don't have a capture device at the moment.
Thanks!

My past streams have direct capture of the display. It's not full screen but you should be able to pull decent screenshots:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/335173498
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/326188054
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320187411
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317263952

#1197 1 year ago

More Pirates streaming tonight me hearties! 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I had a weird thing happen tonight. Was putting up a solid game and was on my 2nd liar's dice when I made the liar selection and the game... crashed? ... with a tilt. Very odd. Wonder if anyone else has seen that?

Did you wager tilts and lose?

1 week later
#1596 12 months ago

Got early access to the new .98 code and will be streaming it tonight! 8 p.m. Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#1670 12 months ago

POTC .98 code is live! https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

Change log: http://159.203.76.48/potc/potc_changelog.txt

I also see some printable pricing cards, didn't notice those before so they may be new too.

#1693 12 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I think Eric said in one of the streams that they tried to get the dog and the monkey and the animals agents wanted more money. So I don't think that is happening. Would have loved a Monkey Mode.

We asked him about the monkey in our interview with him

3 weeks later
#2547 11 months ago

Skipnatty is live with Pirates of the Caribbean and showing how he puts up ridiculous scores like this! Tune in and hang out for his first stream on Buffalo Pinball: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

potc (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3055 10 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just a thought … there is no Kraken in the game or a related multiball, etc.

Like Keefer said, it's in there:

#3074 10 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I taped off the sub in the cab directly, and have no problems..

Same here, no problems. Sounds great.

#3081 10 months ago

For a less-permanent solution, you don't have to solder cables to the cabinet speaker. There is a second set of terminals, so just crimp quick-connects on to the end of your speaker cable and attach it that way.

#3184 10 months ago

For those who have Cliffies, where did you order from?

#3188 10 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

Kevin,
Cliff hasn't 'officially' posted the JJPOTC protectors on his site yet because they're somewhat a work-in-progress as he gathers input from people. He just added the MAP-2 piece to protect the rear wood edge, which I didn't get when I ordered.
Send him an email and he generates an invoice for you to respond to:
crinear@comcast.net or crinear@gmail.com to request ordering info
[quoted image]
EDIT:
Regarding the MAP-2 cliffy protector: Cliff recently made this piece for the small number of owners that want some protection for the back of the MAP hole. Over a dozen owners have reported to Cliff that there are no issues w/ the single MAP protector and the MAP-2 protector is totally optional. Honestly, I don't see how the ball would ever have enough momentum at that point going into the MAP hole to cause damage to the back of the hole. Cliff said he would NOT be making a new all-encompassing MAP protector.

I have a little damage at the back of my MAP hole (are we getting too personal here?) so that will be a welcome addition. I pinged Cliff again today and got my invoice so I’m good — looking forward to getting these on the game!

#3229 10 months ago

Snowed in? Freezing from sub-zero temperatures? Heat it up with some POTC with Skipnatty and friends! Live now: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#3248 10 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i haven't found an out-and-out tutorial a'la PAPA or anything like that. Or anything that gets really deep into the rules, stacking strategies, wizard modes, etc.
I think Buffalo Pinball has a "Bro do you even pinball" stream where they do a higher overview of the rules before playing. And some of Kevin's streams of POTC from his house have some rules discussion but not as straight forward as a proper tutorial.

Here's the Bro show we did on Pirates. Tutorial is at the beginning followed by a bunch of gameplay:

3 weeks later
#4456 9 months ago

Installed my cliffies yesterday! Very happy with these.

B626AA65-E84D-4413-BE62-1D4654CFA66F (resized).jpeg1012EBE3-412F-4392-AED6-2B1CED95FDA1 (resized).jpegD7888EB4-8B79-4295-95D1-65E8A4F45E62 (resized).jpeg
#4487 9 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

How long ago did you order those ? I'm still waiting..
I ordered jan 31.

I ordered in January sometime. Drop him another email as a reminder, that’s what worked for me.

2 weeks later
#5632 9 months ago

All aboard the Black Pearl! Skipnatty is live and sharing strategies for a bunch of the different POTC characters tonight: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

2 weeks later
#6261 8 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I recently just noticed the sag in my monitor (right side). Has anyone put in a ticket with JJP, and if so, is there an official fix for this?

Have you tried pushing up on the bottom of the monitor on the sagging side? Sometimes it doesn't "snap" into the bracket properly.

1 week later
#6631 8 months ago

Tuna streamed the removal of the Black Pearl last night if you guys wanna see how to do it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/405272384

#6892 8 months ago

Last night we did an in-depth walkthrough of the rules and strategy behind JJPOTC. Here's the YouTube archive if you want to check it out!

1 month later
#8618 7 months ago

Tune in tonight for a pre-release look at the new .99 JJPOTC code! Live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

potc (resized).jpg
#8647 7 months ago
Quoted from Axl:

Just a quick question , I am struggling to reach one wizard mode. (No luck yet)
How many of you have reached all 5 in a game and needs the final wizard mode ASAP?

3 in one game is my best so far. I'm saving all 5 until Break the Curse is in

#8694 7 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone watch stream last nite? Anything new with code ?

Stream archive is here if you wanna check it: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/421415289

5 months later
#12546 57 days ago

Tuna's installing a bunch of Pirates mods tonight on Buffalo Pinball! http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevinbuffalo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside