(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,325 posts
  • 435 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 minutes ago by gumnut01
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,021 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

524FB317-4D41-4120-953D-627B22995859 (resized).jpeg
51C984DE-C0B0-482B-875A-BE5DF462B1BE (resized).jpeg
FA3E4EE4-91AA-4FDB-B945-821737541939 (resized).jpeg
2A0D139A-8BEA-43FF-B49C-F5CA44973BAF (resized).jpeg
77B7660A-A2F8-4AB6-BCFD-C0EE823C9CF5 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
60E06893-EA3F-4408-935A-D482EFA4E1EE (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
247095F1-4E8B-400A-AEB1-CA84C57B82EA (resized).jpeg
9856AA38-2D02-471D-B239-8878441C9245 (resized).jpeg
B29D20D2-24FE-4C83-A181-30C993ABFC7F (resized).jpeg
2019-07-13 18.15.01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (9 months ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (8 months ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (7 months ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (7 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (6 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (6 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (4 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (4 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (4 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (3 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (3 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (3 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (3 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (82 days ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (79 days ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (72 days ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (70 days ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (69 days ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (60 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider joseph5185.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

400 posts in this topic match your search for posts by joseph5185. You are on page 1 of 2.
#6481 3 months ago

Hey guys,

Great thread!

Honestly, there’s just almost too much to read here.

I should have my CE this week and just hoping I’m one of the fortunate ones in terms of issues as this is my FIRST pin and what a pin it is!

I did not know that they decided to do away with the 3-part spinning disc and I’m curious if mine will have it.

I assume so, but that’s based on the assumption that the CEs were manufactured first, but maybe that’s inaccurate.

I’m intrigued about replacing the rings and what not on the Black Pearl w/ the Titanium rubbers, but I’m so new to this I honestly don’t even know what I just said.

Also, when I looked at Cliffy’s, I didn’t see anything for this game so not sure if I just didn’t see it or it’s out of stock or what.

Anyways...thanks for listening!

#6482 3 months ago

Also, as a side, can someone please tell me what the latest code is so I can compare?

And where is the best source to stay on this (other than here)? Is it just idpb.org or something?

Thanks again!

#6484 3 months ago

4 down?

Oh...it’s just the one disc “on all of them”?

I played a CE on location and I thought it was 3 independent discs.

Maybe I just don’t understand it.

Thanks for the lightning fast response!

#6485 3 months ago

Also, is it general consensus that the stock balls are trash and will easily magnetize and definitely should be replaced before playing?

And I heard there was an issue with the trunk opening and closing. I read a little about it here. Is it just the chest arm or something that may need tweaking?

Thanks!

#6489 3 months ago
Quoted from Axl:

Thy removed the opening and closing of the trunk on all the production models.

Well this is just getting easier all the time, isn’t it?

Alright. Fair enough! =)

#6500 3 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You have a bit of catching up to do .
Congrats on the CE.

Thanks!

For sure!

Just trying to actually receive it now...

#6506 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I figured out the random character select. You REALLY need to be fast with the right flipper.
I just entered my new high score on here. How do you delete an older score? I always do that when I enter a new one, but can't seem to figure it out now.

How EXACTLY do you do random select?

I use random select pretty much EVERY chance I get. I love randomness .. haha

#6521 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Finally broke 2mm. Arrr!

2mm?

#6613 3 months ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

In my goodie bag were two mylar stickers. I think these are for that purpose, because you'll find it in the manual. On my Dialed In these were already applied from the factory. I attached them now the same way.

Can you please post a photo?
I'll get my CE today!!

#6719 3 months ago

Hey guys!

Finally got my CE tonight!
What a journey getting up those stairs...

Anyways...I may be one of the really fortunate ones as it's playing pretty great - knock on wood.

I do have a weak plunger and really not the first clue how to fix/troubleshoot it. I guess maybe the tip isn't aligned with the ball or something. On another note, when the ball is saved or w/e, the auto-plunger seems perfectly fine.

You'll have to show me some love as I'm REALLY NEW to this and it's my first pin...but what a blast and amazing feeling to FINALLY own a pin!

Thanks!

#6720 3 months ago

Also...

I was pretty "shocked' how difficult? the topper is to get plugged in so unfortunately that has been skipped for now, but I'm looking to resolve ASAP!

Thanks again...

#6723 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s actually really simple. There are two empty plugs in the backbox ready to plug into the topper mech.

Really can't stress enough how INCREDIBLE this community and, even more so, how AMAZING this thread is.

Like...I can post a comment, suggestion, question, and pretty much get a response within minutes...for free!
It's just phenomenal.

zaphx I trust you are right. I tired. Would you mind providing a photo of EXACTLY where these two plugs go? I took off the back glass (after learning how) and learning that the keys for the coinbox are different for the back box (or w/e it is called) ... but I just didn't see anywhere obvious to plug these in.

I had some buddies over and I was kinda disappointed because it's one of the unique things about CE.

Really appreciate it guys!

#6726 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't have one to check. According to the manual, wiring comes from the I/O board J113 - pin 10 - light blue wire violet stripe. So I'd remove the metal cover back there over the boards and look for a light blue two wire connector. Maybe stuck in there or behind something. Follow the light blue wire from J113.
You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support - Downloads.
LTG : )

So I do have to remove that cover from the silver box? I thought so. I'm pretty sure that's going to require removing the screen as well? .. as it's in front.
I guess this is what I meant by "not easy" ...

Appreciate it.

Also, this:
"As for the weak plunger, pull the plunger and let it snap - does the autoplunger fork jiggle? If so, it’s making contact and robbing your shooter power."

Sorry guys ... what exactly is the "fork" and I'm guessing I can do this while the machine is off.

#6727 3 months ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

To add a data point, received POTC LE today, perfect out of box. Only issue is trough hang ups, but I’ll switch out from stock balls tomorrow to see if magnetized balls are the issue.
There is a hell of a lot going on in this game, will take a couple days to get used to it!

There really, really is.

No issues with balls in trough for me and I'm using stock balls. Do you know about how many games you have on your machine now?

#6729 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you look down through the opening that lets you see the spring on the plunger, there's a band over the top of the plunger, that's the part that kicks forward to auto-launch the ball. If it's hanging low or the plunger is a bit too high, the plunger can catch it as it moves forward, robbing the manual plunge of power. If you see it "jiggle" when you manually plunge, your plunger is probably nicking it and one or the other needs to be adjusted so they don't contact.

Ah, got it. Thank you for the extra bit there. Umm.. as far as "looking through the opening" ... do I need to remove the glass and all that or should it not be necessary?

#6731 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

No, you should be able to clearly see if that bit through the opening is moving when the plunger is let go and moves forward rapidly, even with the glass on.

Checking now!

#6733 3 months ago

Okay...

So the "fork" is essentially those metal things on both sides of the plunger?
When I pull back and let go or let it snap -- they are DEFINITELY moving ... both of them.

#6735 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can also slo-mo record it with a phone to see what may be happening, both from the front where the ball is, and through that slot over the spring of the plunger.

Def more than happy to do it...

Stand by..

#6738 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t have pictures, but just root around in the back box - you’ll find two connectors along the left/top-left area that are obvious matches for the ones on the topper.

To be clear - I have to open the back box correct? You aren't referring to the back of the ... back box?

#6741 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

All you have to do is remove the translite. You do not need to remove screws on the silver box inside. Follow the wiring around the left side of the box and up, and look for the two lonely molex connectors in need of a home.

Haha ... thanks a bunch.

This makes a little more sense .. Let me look again now and get some real light on this thing.

#6743 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, it's definitely hitting the auto launch part that runs over the top of it. So adjust the shooter plate down, or shim it. If neither of those work, try raising the PF like 1-2mm by shimming the hooks.

To be clear - neither metal sides should be moving at all when plunging?

#6745 3 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Haha ... thanks a bunch.
This makes a little more sense .. Let me look again now and get some real light on this thing.

zaphx

I'm sorry man. I promise I'm trying. I removed the translite. I noticed the coloring of the two wires from the topper. I fed them into this back box through the hole. I can see towards the middle bottomish area the J113 jumper. It looks like it routes to the right and then underneath and then comes back to the left...

But I just CAN'T find the "ends"... Would it help to somehow remove the screen?

Also the topper wires are pretty short when routed into the back box so I'm assuming it's friends are going to need and meet them.

#6746 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Correct. If the metal pieces move when you plunge, which they definitely did in your video, that is the source of your inconsistent plunges.

Excellent -- did you happen to catch the level on the right hand side?

I think it's a little low as far as the bubble goes.

This tells me that the elevation is a touch high? With the assumption that if I lowered the back legs the bubble would move up?

Is this correct and is this probably the first thing i should try before adjusting screws/shimming (FYI - not "entirely" sure what "shim" means but it sounds scary)

#6747 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, it's definitely hitting the auto launch part that runs over the top of it. So adjust the shooter plate down, or shim it. If neither of those work, try raising the PF like 1-2mm by shimming the hooks.

I catch on quick - I PROMISE.

This is just new terminology..

"Shimming" the "hooks" ??

#6751 3 months ago

OMG Guys ...

First attempt at adjusting the shooter plate/assesmbly/whatever ...

Snapped it like 3 times and NO vibration whatsoever ..

=)

#6752 3 months ago

And got the topper going thanks to zaphx.

I opted to do it the "hard" way and actually connect those wires behind the speaker..

It was fun...but it's done!

#6753 3 months ago

zaphx

Well unfortunately...

My black pearl is no longer running.

So I managed to fix a couple things and break something else.
All I did essentially was lift the playfield straight up and rest against the back box to get to the shooter assembly and when reseating .. I no longer have a rocking black pearl ..

=(

#6755 3 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow! Sorry to hear that! Hope you get it going again. Such a shame JJP’s customers have to be fixing all these issues right out of the box!

So it's kinda odd right.

I can see the sort of rectangular slot where the ship sinks down on the left side. When I try to push down on the left side I basically can't get the ship to budge. It's almost as if something is blocking the movement..

=/

#6762 3 months ago

Back at it..

So "basically" the pin is stock at the top:

zaphx
I saw in your guide where you have to loosen some screws and this pin should never touch the top or bottom so that the ship can move freely.
All I had to do was take the playfield out once and put it back in to mess this up.

Seems really weird that I would have tightened the screws by doing this unless I didn't quite get the pf in right even though it locked in place and everything.

I can take a picture from underneath as well if it helps.

black_pearl_pin_issue (resized).png

#6765 3 months ago
Quoted from wheels:

Is the motor that rocks the Pearl fully secured? Tightened down properly?

Does the black pearl "sail" when the game is idle ... before a game?
I thought it did rock when it was idle .. mine is not doing this.

#6768 3 months ago

So okay..

When i boot it up, the black pearl is lit. It even tilts side to side.
I *THINK* that's a pretty good sign.

Isn't there some sort of ship calibration test that I can run or something?

If only not rocking during gameplay, then I'm concerned I'm doing something wrong when I insert or something.

Also, I found this in the back of the game on the cabinet floor:

2019-04-04 (resized).jpg
#6769 3 months ago

Actually, now that I have had sleep, let’s do this..

Let’s turn off.
Put the play field back.
See if I get the same action on the black pearl when it starts up.
If I do, then theoretically I should be “good.”

I’ll report back.

#6771 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s not uncommon to find a bonus screw now and then. Throw it in your coin box. You may find a use for it one day, you may not.

Haha .. Fair enough! =)

#6778 3 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Regarding playfield 'tightness' and 'fit', ensure the game is leveled and also check to make sure the legs aren't bent (from shipping?).

I do need to make a slight adjustment to the leveling. It seemed like sort of rocking side to side as I was pushing in/down on the playfield got it to go in easily enough.

I see these two pieces of mylar for the lock bar. What exactly does this do again?
Also, I have two longer rounded ish pieces of mylar. Not sure about that either.

I just noticed this game doesn't have art blades.
Kinda assumed the CE would.

#6780 3 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

[quoted image]

Thanks!

Let's give it a shot and see what happens...

#6783 3 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

The mylar for the lock bar keeps your rails from scratching.
I believe the rounded mylar is for the chapter start area.

Got it!

So I did the "full run" for the ship diagnositcs and it just rocked back and forth.
It said the slowest motor speed = 5.

I wasn't sure it was going to stop running so I decided to end it.

It seems happy...

#6786 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Got the same results when I ran the ship calibration, slowest motor speed = 5. The test does eventually timeout and stop.

Good to know.

I'm BLOWN away with this owner's manual that comes with CE btw.
My gosh!

Trying to apply these mylars now and then maybe actually play a game or 2. =)

#6787 3 months ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

Sure... Same mylars and same way as attached on my DI LE lockbar
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this not the outside of the lock bar?
I would think the mylar would be attached on the inside.

#6793 3 months ago

If it's not too much to ask..

Can I get a quick recap of where you have used mylar to include the two squares as well as the two "odd-shaped" pieces?

Again, I LOVE it and first time owner here.
Just trying to be "kinda" careful

Thanks!!

=)

#6813 3 months ago

"Slings" are referring to the left and right pieces right above the flippers correct?

My game is brand new and those white slings pretty flippin' fast (see what I did there? )

Anyhow, I'm all about "better" ...

Also, I definitely agree that the half circle mylar seems perfect for the BP so I'll work on that.
I don't see a whole lot of fuss as far as using the square mylar pieces on the lockdown bar and know for a fact that several others opted to use them in different places.

SO. MUCH. TO. LEARN.

#6814 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty sure the curved Mylar is for up on the pearl where it comes out of vuk, it fits there perfectly. I’m assuming this is the one your talking about. I cut my own for the chapter start since I didn’t see a piece big enough supplied.

psw757, I would love to see a photo if you don't mind.

This seems like a VERY COMMON area discussed as far as placing custom mylar.
Would you also be so kind as to provide a link. Also, how do you custom cut your mylar? Scissors? Razer? Laser? lol

Thanks!

#6816 3 months ago

--/ General Inquiry--/ (not necessarily related to POTC)

I assume this is a "hard no", but does "everyone" actually spend the time to go through all the diagnostics.

I honestly just think it's pretty cool and would be interesting to do.
The ship calibration device test or w/e was especially cool.

Anyway...

#6817 3 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Yes your slings are above your flippers, you also have one under the ramp to the pearl.
I went with titan bands for the flippers, JJP did use some titan rings for some stuff but not flippers. This was direct from titan as I emailed them.

Thanks and I assume Titan is basically the best.

So is the consensus to just replace the rubber vs cleaning it?

#6821 3 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I would definitely replace all the flipper rubbers and Black Pearl Rubbers with Titans. Best rings on the market and will help keep the dirt down on the pin.

Like NOW or eventually?

I have like less than 20 games .. Maybe I should just play a few and enjoy it .. =P

#6823 3 months ago

Also, how do you guys clean your glass?

Specifically, handle the glass. Obviously, the only part that "matters" is the underside glass that isn't accessible when on top of the playfield. So do you try to handle strictly from the sides, use gloves, etc?

#6831 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I just handle it on the sides like any other glass. I clean using better life glass cleaner. It's all natural, no ammonia, safe for invisiglass, PDI, etc.

I'm awaiting a shipment of Sparkle. I heard it was good and even recommended by JJP. I have not heard of better life, but I'm open to any and all suggestions. I heard one can mix 50% isopropyl alcohol and 50% distilled water and that's amazing. (@zaphX)

Quoted from AUKraut:

I keep neoprene gloves I bought at Harbor Freight nearby, helps with not having the clean fingerprints from the glass all the time.....

Neoprene gloves? Would love a link to those!

#6833 3 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Seriously, this is for all POTC owners or other JJP pin owners: if you have not looked thru the manual (CD, PDF, or print), you owe it to yourself to take a good look thru it. It is the standard all other pin manuals should be judged by, there is a HUGE wealth of information in it, down to the smallest details with some awesome diagrams and pictures.

I have started and I said it once already, I'm absolutely BLOWN AWAY with the Owner's manual that comes with the CE. I honestly think it's worth the price of admission if you don't have it.

#6837 3 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Sparkle is what I use. DO NOT use anything with ammonia will hurt the glass.

I'm not that much of a rookie. =)

#6838 3 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Here is my JJPOTC Titan order to convert all the flipper rubbers and Black pearl rubbers to Titans. I always buy a spare of each, and I also picked up some cabinet protectors for the flipper buttons (not needed for CEs):
Product Name Model Quantity Price Total
Titan Competition Silicone Rings
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Stand..
- Ring Color: Red CS-FLIP-RD 5 $1.45 $7.25
- Ring Size: 7/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Black CS-716ID-BK 3 $0.80 $2.40
- Ring Size: 1 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Black CS-112ID-BK 3 $1.17 $3.51
- Ring Size: 3/8 O.D.
- Ring Color: Black CS-3D-BK 3 $0.68 $2.04
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Mini
- Ring Color: Black CS-FLIPMINI-BK 4 $1.12 $4.48
Clear Cabinet Flipper Button Protector - Pair Cab Button Protector-Pair 1 $4.38 $4.38

THIS "should" be a Key Post.

Thanks man!!

#6841 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

If the Pearl and Dauntless are correctly lined up the shot is not difficult. Once you know the timing you should hit it almost every time.

How does one know?

#6853 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Great troubleshooting!

See to me I don’t even see an issue, but that’s because I have no idea what I’m looking at or supposed to be looking at.

Terrifying!

#6930 3 months ago

Hey guys,

Audio:

I have some pretty strong vibration coming specifically from the lower left corner of the playfield (before the flippers). Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible something is rubbing against the sub on the bottom causing this vibration?

Clipping - Nothing unplayable or anything, but definitely enough to lessen my thrill a bit. And being an audiophile, pretty much unacceptable. Is clipping a somewhat reported issue?

Otherwise -- LOVING this game and I'll catch up on the posts that I missed before this one.

Back to playing!

#6934 3 months ago

OMG!

I'm ACTUALLY starting to UNDERSTAND this game already...

It's so intuitive and everything is starting to make sense.

=)

#6935 3 months ago

Would AFM Remake be a nice addition in a 2 pin collection to couple with POTC?

Why or why not?

#6937 3 months ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Not sure if anyone has installed Pin Stadiums on their POTC. I installed the Fusions and love them. If anyone has any interest about the how and why I connected what to what I’d be more than happy to share. Sorry about the bad video, took them on my one so 1 handed game play. Let me know and I can start posting.

Pretty SWEET man.

LOVE those flippers! They look so good on the CE naturally with all the green from Davy Jones.
Where can I find those??

#6941 3 months ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Yes, absolutely.
AFM complements POTC very well.
One has a very deep rule set the other a
One is a more simple non mode based game that is very fun, challenging and exciting.
AFM is a great change of pace to playing PoTC.

I don't think I could have said it any better myself.
My mind set exactly...

#6942 3 months ago

Guys, I *MAY* be one of the lucky ones ... but let's see.

I don't have any errors on the report.

However, I did see that I had two "switch errors" both related to the closed ship. I don't know if it's an issue or if this is expected or I have an actual problem? I was able to fire the cannon (finally) and hit the ship and it seemed to go okay?

Maybe that's just the "state" the game is in since the last play.

I haven't the slightest clue honestly, but I'm hoping it's okay..

I have 46 game plays and have done NOTHING as of yet maintenance wise ... FWIW.

#6943 3 months ago

Okay I feel dumb I think ..

Here's what I'm talking about...
Well...I'm not actively in a game and know for a fact that I registered a hit on the target ship..

Thanks for listening and reconfirming in advance!

#6946 3 months ago

Thanks guys...

In other words, RTFM - ... Well, it turns out, I did.
A "bad switch" means that it has been inactive for the last 60 balls played.

Well, don't I feel better now.

Can someone comment on the below:

Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys,
Audio:
I have some pretty strong vibration coming specifically from the lower left corner of the playfield (before the flippers). Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible something is rubbing against the sub on the bottom causing this vibration?
Clipping - Nothing unplayable or anything, but definitely enough to lessen my thrill a bit. And being an audiophile, pretty much unacceptable. Is clipping a somewhat reported issue?
Otherwise -- LOVING this game and I'll catch up on the posts that I missed before this one.
Back to playing!

#6947 3 months ago

by vibration I mean static .. sorry about that...

#6953 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think I pulled mine towards the center. It hasn't errored since.

Interesting and great advice.

I got the Curse of the Black Pearl MB last game despite not loading the cannon? At least I don't think I did? Maybe I had to in order to get this mode. Looks my left spinner on my BP is a bit stuck .. haha

Any advise to keep these spinners spinning? haha

Thanks ..

Broke 100k for the first time!! 113k to be exact w/ the dude that always lights one female character (not sure of his name atm)

#6954 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes yes and yes. It's actually what I'm rocking right now and the two are right next to each other. Compliment reach other considering two different styles yet both very fun

Yea... That's amazing!

I originally was going with MB remake before even Pirates. Glad I didn't do that. Feel MB would become repetitive far faster with the music vs something like AFM.

#6956 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Been meaning to post this for sometime but mad props to tonycip for an awesome shooter rod for my game. Great work excellent product and fast service. Thanks Tony![quoted image]

Ooo. I like that.

Nice and simple, but still adds to the theme.

#6960 3 months ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Im starting to learn the rules a bit. to get to black pearl multiball you have to do the spinners. Then hit one of the 2 green targets then send to shoot. Every boarding skill shot you get advances this as well. So if you did spinners and hit green target if you get the skill shot on your next plunge you qualify for multiball. Then all you have to do is hit left inner loop to start. I do think there is another way to advance it that I have not figured out yet.

Ah, okay. So I definitely want to fix that spinner then. Just afraid maybe it won’t register if it doesn’t hit it...unless it works differently.

#6961 3 months ago

Also, if this educates one person I’ll feel accomplished.

In the settings you can actually specify what # game you have for LE/CE and it will print this when the game is going through it’s idle animations.

Thought that was pretty cool.

#7007 3 months ago

What exactly does a Cliffy "set" entail?

#7009 3 months ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Protectors for tortuga hole, map hole and depths kickout. Also now includes 2 protectors for switch where ball drops to outlane. $85
for the set emailed him a couple days ago. Switch protectors not in pic
http://www.passionforpinball.com/WIP/JJP-POTC-SET.JPG

I guess I better get on this then.
I see the Map has a Map-2 as well.

Thanks for clarifying.

Have you done any custom mylar in addition to the Cliffys?

#7025 3 months ago

Let me just let you know where I'm at with the "mods" at this is my 1st game...

The Cliffy's make sense and I need to reach out to him to get them on order.
The adjustment of the Dauntless also seems like a good idea as I definitely want to clear those matrixed switch errors and of course have better alignment.
The Titan rubbers make sense..

And that's about it.

I would like to see what the black mirrors look like though for the art blades. It sounds pretty awesome, but I can also appreciate what cheshirefilms said and either it has them or it doesn't. I should take a second look at WOZ as truthfully I didn't even know what art blades meant in the past.

Again this is my 1ST and ONLY game atm and the complexity from an engineering perspective terrifies me.

Thanks for listening!

#7027 3 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Let me just let you know where I'm at with the "mods" at this is my 1st game...
The Cliffy's make sense and I need to reach out to him to get them on order.
The adjustment of the Dauntless also seems like a good idea as I definitely want to clear those matrixed switch errors and of course have better alignment.
The Titan rubbers make sense..
And that's about it.
I would like to see what the black mirrors look like though for the art blades. It sounds pretty awesome, but I can also appreciate what cheshirefilms said and either it has them or it doesn't. I should take a second look at WOZ as truthfully I didn't even know what art blades meant in the past.
Again this is my 1ST and ONLY game atm and the complexity from an engineering perspective terrifies me.
Thanks for listening!

The Playfield Protectors also seem like a great idea as well...
https://mezelmods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp?variant=18353262035041

#7030 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

You have to remove a good bit of the playfield parts to install that. Not something I'm up for personally, being fairly new to this. Cliffy's can be challenging enough.
Have you waxed things up so far?
Edit:. You said playfield but linked plastics, did you mean plastic protectors I'm guessing? If so, definitely doable for someone new.
This is the playfield protector.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/products/pinball-playfield-protectors-pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp

I’m guessing so. Idk what I’m talking about I guess.. =\

Thanks for the other link.

The Cliffy’s are difficult? Oh great.. =(

I have done 0 to the table so far. It has under 60 games at this point.

#7034 3 months ago
Quoted from Clint12:

Anyone help ??? Always locating balls
[quoted image]

I would love to, but I don't know the first thing about it.
Just trying to chime in to show some love and that you aren't being ignored.

Have you tried changing out the balls with new ones?

Does it eventually find the balls?

#7084 3 months ago

Apologizes for repeating myself...

But anyone else experiencing audio clipping on Pirates?

I guess one possible issue is the headphone connector/wire?

#7087 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Unplug the headphone harness from the motherboard end - not the front headphone jack - and see if that changes what you are hearing.

Thanks a lot.

Is this in the manual or ?

#7097 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No just a troubleshooting thing to try. Connector is in the bottom right corner of the motherboard looking in from the player's perspective

Well I don't know anything about pinball machines, but I do know a fair bit about computers. So hopefully that helps me.

I'll check this out when I get a chance.

Would be REAL SWEET if it fixes it and then I guess I go to JJP for a replacment or leave it out or something...

Thanks guys!

#7106 3 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Anyone else turn there shaker motor all the way up?

Soo... I guess this is a no? Haha

I have not made *ANY* changes to configuration.

#7107 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Styrofoam "braces"? You mean the foam shipping blocks? Those are supposed to be removed. Did you take ALL of them out? From the manual:[quoted image]

THIS could explain why I have some-what hell getting my playfield flush again when I seat it back in. I swear my pin doesn't have these in the back under the pf, but I'm gonna go check again...

Also, let me go tinker with my left spinner on BP and see if it's spinning okay or if I have an "actual" problem. Haven't noticed any issues with the right spinner on BP or the Devil's Triangle.

#7112 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

There's one large block of foam screwed to the back of the cabinet inside, about 2/3 from the bottom.

Screwed?

Oh yea... I definitely missed that I think.

I'm about to snap a pic...

#7114 3 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Screwed?
Oh yea... I definitely missed that I think.
I'm about to snap a pic...

Don't I feel stupid ...

Yea so I DEFINITELY wasn't expecting anything to be screwed as far as packing goes.
Still a newbie.

#7115 3 months ago

Update on the LEFT BP Spinner..

Yea, it's 100% stiff. I can move it with my finger and it pretty much stops there.
The RIGHT BP is VERY responsive.

The Devil's Triangle is PRETTY responsive.

Is this going to require taking out the BP to fix?

#7116 3 months ago

I *MAY* have a problem.

I was thinking that I could just rock the Dauntless to the side or w/e and it would clear this error.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to clear this error...

#7120 3 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Did you rock it in gameplay? Did you test switch activation in test?

I did not rock it in gameplay, but before starting a game.

Quoted from zaphX:

Drop a ball into the Dauntless side hole.
Or play better.

=P

Quoted from f3honda4me:

That's the ship hit one. As stated, you have to drop a ball into the hole to clear. Or just ignore it. :p

Might just ignore it for now .. haha .. I thought there was a switch specifically for the bullseye which I thought meant a ball going into the hole.

Either way, if you guys recall, I had two matrixed switch errors and just the one now. =)

#7125 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Move the ship with your hand. The one here was rubbing on the back of the maelstrom whirlpool so it never fully closed the switch.

Yea.. Let me start a game .. move it with my hand and then report back after the game is over and see if it clears the error.
I thought the "ball going in a hole" was the bulls-eye switch or w/e.

Thanks!

#7126 3 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea.. Let me start a game .. move it with my hand and then report back after the game is over and see if it clears the error.
I thought the "ball going in a hole" was the bulls-eye switch or w/e.
Thanks!

Yea so... that error is definitely still there.

I basically moved the dauntless to the left and let it just rock back into place at least 5-10 times ... with an actual game started.

#7128 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

If you go into switch test and rock it like it was hit with the ball, but not destroyed, does it trigger the switch?

Uhh... testing!

#7129 3 months ago

Bad News Bears ...

I can't clear the error..

I rocked it several times and nothing. Other switches triggered fine.
I through a ball into the hole for fun as well and no dice.

I guess I "actually" have an issue now..

=(

#7134 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

BTW, the switch for this is easy to get to, it's behind the backboard at the bottom of the PF. If you can't make it happen with the ship, put your finger down there. The switch triggers when it RELEASES, not when it's depressed, so it may be too compressed and can't release enough to trigger without some bending or loosening and re-situating the switch mount.

Thanks.

To confirm, it's UNDER the playfield?

#7137 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pull the playfield out to the second rubber feet. Look behind the backboard right behind the ship, almost at the bottom of the backboard. The switch is directly behind the ship on the back of the backboard. Move the ship and you can see the bar that's supposed to be easing up and releasing the switch so it registers.

Awesome!

#7139 3 months ago

Can anyone confirm if JJP has Titan from the factory?
If not, what is it?

How much of an "improvement" does Titan make?

#7140 3 months ago

Hey,

So I guess audio clipping is "rare."

...Yay!

#7142 3 months ago

vireland

BING-O WAS HIS NAME-O

I see EXACTLY what you are referring to...
And when I moved the ship, the switch works!

So now I have a new fun problem.

It seems that it's only an issue when the playfield is actually in place... =/

#7143 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did you play with the sound/fx/volume mixes from factory levels? That can cause it.

Hey, no. (I didn't even know you could do that.. haha)

Everything is set exactly as it came.

#7146 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

You just need to either loosen the screws holding the switch on and rotate the switch body to give it more room so it "disconnects" easier when the bar moves away, or bend the roller leaf on the switch back towards the body of the switch so it registers the release easier.
In either case, it's a relatively easy switch adjustment.

And I assume it would be easier with a nut driver set? Need to pick that up tonight.

Also, there's black tubing or w/e zip tied on the left side. I almost feel like when the playfield is down that maybe it's inteferring?

I can get the playfield down where the hooks are off a few inches and the switch will "sometimes" trigger .. when the playfield is fully seated, it is definitely 0% triggered.

#7147 3 months ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Some of the rubber is Titan. The flipper rubber is Suzo red rubber and some of the other rings might be regular rubber. If it's clear silicone, it should be Titan. Dialed In also came with white Titan rubber and Suzo red flipper.

So then the slings and the upper right sling? I guess is Titan.
Maybe?

That's pretty cool.

#7149 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

A few more inches???
Get Klein magnetic nut drivers. Available quickly on amazon. Or any magnetic ones really.

Yea I just meant where the hooks aren't seated properly. Like the hooks are above the slots if that makes sense?

So "definitely" magnetic, yea?
The magnetism won't cause any ill effects on the table I take it.

Thanks for this!

#7152 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Those flipper rubbers that come stock are GROSS. They look bad and feel yukky. Marco would give them better standard red rubber than whatever they're using.

I like the "glow" ones from .. somewhere. Especially, on the CE. The green blends a lot nicer.

#7153 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

A few inches or millimeters?
Klein Tools 647M Magnetic Nut Driver Set, 6-Inch Shafts, 7-Piece amazon.com link »
I cheaped out at first, got non magnetic ones, tried to magnetize them. Didn't work so well. Tried these last night for the first time, and they're awesome!

I'd say an inch or two. I don't know about mm.

I'll get these guys ordered ASAP.

Thanks!

#7161 3 months ago

Can someone tell me what the nut size is for the legs?

I still need to level this thing...

Thanks!

#7166 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I just try different wrenches until I find the right size.

I’ll go with that.
Picking up a wrench set now! =D

#7170 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Seems like a lot of dauntless errors due to the wire loom rubbing on the ship. Maybe moving the wire loom fix should be made a key post.

I honestly think that’s what it is. Especially since the switch is fine when the play field is lifted.

Does anyone know a key post for this?

#7179 3 months ago

Isn't that something?

Our first ever pin and it's of this magnitude.

Good time to be alive!

#7182 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Currently have the ship off to install the map Cliffy protectors, going well. With the mini playfield off I was wondering if it would be worth it to mylar the chapter select magnet area? Think its needed?

Probably.

People have talked about doing it.

Do you already have the mylar for it?
I wish I did...

#7189 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Get a bulk sheet of Mylar from marco specialties. Then you can cut mylar for anything and everything on demand.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFT
I think I bought like 3-4 feet years ago and still have some left.

WOW!

Okay then... =)

#7190 3 months ago

Yea... I'm all about in sharing in the good spirit of the game...and I think I am one of the "lucky" ones for the most part. I pretty much don't have a single issue on that long list of issues that has been constructed.

Just a "couple" things that aren't quite there.

I knew there would be some bumps in the beginning.

It will be REAL SWEET when I don't have to much worry about anything!

#7208 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I contacted Frank late today. I will definitely send some pics. Mostly of me weeping, but also of the game.
Thank you for the concern! I will vicariously live via your functional games.

=(

#7209 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A couple of maintenance items for tonight.
1. I was getting the shooter catching the autoplunger, and no attempt to move the shooter would fix it. I examined the playfield hooks and they did not appear to be bent. I ended up putting some thick weatherstripping underneath each hook, and that resolved the issue by raising the playfield enough that the shooter clears. I did have to re-level the game after this, of course.
2. To combat the chipping on the slingshot posts, I replaced all 3 posts on both slings with the star posts, and the silicone washers underneath them to keep the stars from creating new chips. This did hide the damaged areas and I am optimistic that the squishy washer will prevent more pressure damage. However, after doing this, the sling sensitivity is much lower. It only kicks when there is a very solid hit. I attribute this to the higher position of the sling rubber due to the washer. I haven’t tried to fix it yet, I will either adjust the leafs to restore the sensitivity or remove the washers.
3. I put some wire loom on the wires under the Pearl to avoid chafing and hopefully prevent balls from catching here.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

AWESOME job on everything, but especially the wire loom underneath the BP. Was that difficult?

#7210 3 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So I had my switch #48 error last night when I opened the machine. I tried to move the ship and it was stuck really good. I hit and sink the ship through the hole all the time, so I was confused. Well the ship wasn't moving. After messing around, I finally found that the bracket behind the backboard was binding against the wire loom coming from the head. It was a quick fix with a dremel. I just ground down a little of the bracket and everything is moving smoothly.
Just wanted to post this in case others come across this issue and they are scratching their head. It had me puzzled for a moment because I couldn't see anything binding. When I'd pull the play field out to inspect, it wouldn't bind anymore. That's when the light bulb in my head went off.

THIS should be a key post!

IDK what a dremel is, BUT ... I'm pretty sure this is my issue. Let me see if I can do anything hasty tonight to manipulate this wire loom on the back left.

#7211 3 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

THIS should be a key post!
IDK what a dremel is, BUT ... I'm pretty sure this is my issue. Let me see if I can do anything hasty tonight to manipulate this wire loom on the back left.

And............fixed! =)

It had enough give to bend to the right (vs the normal bend to the left)
So I felt pretty confident when I moved the loom because I knew it wouldn't be interfering with the wire loom at that point.

And the switch works perfectly.

I notice that the dauntless sometimes hands up on the malestrom and doesn't come back...

The game is getting a little better every day.. =)

#7213 3 months ago

Man..I'm TRYING really hard to enjoy this game...

Looks like the right flipper on the BP is only going up about half as much as the left flipper.
Maybe just a loose flipper?

I'll have to investigate tomorrow.

Night all...

#7217 3 months ago

Is the BP flipper issue really intentional?

I feel like it was fine from the beginning.

Interesting.

#7225 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Unknown. I noticed my BP flippers were mismatched and was going to adjust them but decided to keep it because the higher left flipper backhands the cannon shot better.
Your mileage may vary.

Fair enough.
Yes. The left flipper is “normal” and the right is like “half.” Simple comparison.

Alright. One less thing to worry about!

#7228 3 months ago

FWIW...

I plugged in headphones and had absolutely 0 audio clipping.
So I'm not sure if it's a wire or the speaker itself.

#7229 3 months ago

This is normal?

I figured a quick snap wouldn't hurt.

#7231 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes - mine is exactly the same. It's that way intentionally so that you can make the canon shot with either flipper.

Nice! Okay! =)

Here am I to know? =P

#7236 3 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

It’s not normal. Read posts after mine. The fix is simple, loosen the pawl nut, re-position the flipper and retighten. And no, you don’t need to remove the upper playfield.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/27#post-4714691[quoted image]

Quoted from DerGoetz:

Yes, lose flipper. Both of mine were lose out of box....

Awesome guys!

I THOUGHT it was the same before ...

#7237 3 months ago

The audio clipping seems minimal...or better.

And what I mean by that is just a hint of static here and there.
Is no one really experiencing this whatsoever?

#7239 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks! I’ll fix mine when I pull the ship to do cliffy install.

I'll fix mine when I get nut drivers =P ... tomorrow.

#7242 3 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, a few of us as posted earlier in this thread. If you unplug the headphone cable inside the backbox and it goes away, try to route it away from the green and white power wires in the base cabinet.

Does that actually fix it?
It's 100% worthwhile if it does...

Edit: Pretty sure that is the little black wire near the bottom of the cabinet on the left. Man I tried to disconnect that molex connector or whatever and failed. Was NOT easy...

#7243 3 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Does that actually fix it?
It's 100% worthwhile if it does...

Edit: Pretty sure that is the little black wire near the bottom of the cabinet on the left. Man I tried to disconnect that molex connector or whatever and failed. Was NOT easy...

#7246 3 months ago

Oh Wow...

So I used Will Turner (Random select)

I hit the 3rd skill shot to get a spin of the map and to my surprise I was awarded 25,000 on ball 1.

That's a neat trick!

#7254 3 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

I suggest the Buffalo Pinball tutorial. @22:15 they explain why Will has this benefit. They actually go through all the characters pretty good. The big takeaway is that the main benefit listed at the character select screen is NOT always the only benefit you get from picking a character. Of course there are negatives too, but unfortunately, right now in .98 code you have to pick a character and then hold the right flipper for about 3 seconds until you get into the status info.
Watch the video: [quoted image]

You can do what to get a status screen ...

Wow!

This game!

=)

#7255 3 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

You can do what to get a status screen ...
Wow!
This game!
=)

I’ll have to tell my gf. She can hit that “skill” shot like breathing...

She may never use another character.

haha

#7256 3 months ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yep now practice hitting a couple loops before you do that shot for a quick 75-100k

!!!

#7257 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

As an aside, I'm guessing there won't be anywhere near 50 new posts popping up often come Friday.
If a tech support POTC thread IS created, which makes sense to me, (and why doesn't someone here that has a major issue with this just start a nice new polished one?) and Wonka is fully revealed, I'm assuming post count in this thread would/will see a massive plummet.
Either way, someone with enough interest and irritation, start it up!

I disagree slightly. Maybe not “50”, but this thread will still be on fire.

This is an amazing game and we actually own it NOW.

#7258 3 months ago

In my estimation, this makes Will Turner pretty OP.

I mean...I’m plunging for a skill shot every.single.time. and this guy ramps points QUICK with this style...

#7266 3 months ago

Pretty excited to see all the people who are still getting this game even with all the reported issues and what not.

It really is something else...

#7283 3 months ago

The hooks are referring to the two hooks that the play field has at the edge in front of you that seats into the slots, right?

I'm also having intermittent auto-plunge issues which is kinda disappointing/annoying since I fixed it once and it was great. I used the two pieces of square mylar and placed them under the lock bar. I don't think that would have any impact though.

#7296 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Twice now I've had the ball fall off the right side of the BP and bounce onto the shooter rails - surprised me also the first time!

I'm always surprised when the ball goes airborne and/or hits the glass. That "probably" means that was too hard of a shot and I try to work on that.

#7299 3 months ago

Here's basically my To-Do List:

1) Fix loose BP flipper (right)
2) Lubricate spinners
3) Fix/adjust plunger (again)
4) Wipe/Vacuum/Wax playfield (first time)

The chests can definitely lock balls. Every time? No. But I would say better than 50% of the time. I might look into this.

#7301 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I use these for all my games. Work great. https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/
You can't use the super shiny or ninja chrome in games that have magnets. It even says that in the description of the ninja chrome balls on the ball baron site.

These should be back in stock by the end of the month according to the distributor.

#7304 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What? Why? Don't put any lubricant in your pinball machine.

It's not spinning lol .. There are threads on this. The tiniest non-visible drop "should" be fine.

#7305 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Agreed, this is not a good idea.

Good to know. I always buy like 51 at a time. :p
Replacing the balls every 500-1000 games is one of the best maintenance items you can do for your machine.

Or every 3-6 months? .. Guess it depends on usage.
Yea, I'll need to stock up as well. Didn't know there was a shortage of pinballs. haha

#7307 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wouldn't do it. I'd find out why it is binding and fix that. Maybe it's bent, catching on something etc.

Sighs. Fair enough. I "thought" this was a common thing. Believe me...I'm not doing anything without EXTREME consideration and caution.

#7310 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Generally no.
But if a spinner is working. I would put a tiny drop of oil on each axle where it enters the frame of the holder. Plastic compatible is best in case it gets anywhere else. Hobby shops have it.
Over time the spinner axles score in the holder and at some point will snap off. A tiny drop of oil seems to make them last forever.
LTG : )

This!

Thank you.

Yes. I got the Super Lube. Just need to apply it. I consulted with someone who knows like 20 machines so it seemed safe enough.

#7312 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s not that you can’t use them but just expect magnetism at some point. I change them out every 500 or so games and have yet to see any magnetic issues within this number of games and I have them in all my machines.
They are by far the best looking ball available and quite durable. Still look good after a bunch of games.

How many games does it take for magnetism to occur?

I'm using stock balls from JJP because I didn't really have any other choice since Baron is out atm. I have around 70 plays and not seeing any signs of magnetism whatsoever.

#7315 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s not that you can’t use them but just expect magnetism at some point. I change them out every 500 or so games and have yet to see any magnetic issues within this number of games and I have them in all my machines.
They are by far the best looking ball available and quite durable. Still look good after a bunch of games.

Wow! That's quite a few games. The number of balls would easily be in the mid thousands as well.

Interesting...

#7316 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Interesting did not know that!

+1 for the n00b and +1 for the master reaffirming the noob.

Haha

#7318 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’ve had chrome balls magnetize in a handful of games. Your mileage may vary.

How can the difference be that drastic?

You're saying a handful of games whereas someone who owns damn near a dozen machines claims that in approximately 500 games there are no issues.

Something simply seems amiss with this.

#7319 3 months ago

Oh... I forgot to add to my "To-Do" list...

Trying to squash the audio clipping/static.

Plugged in headphones and it's flawless. Need to figure out how to disconnect this molex connector and test. Hopefully, that's it and then I can work on re-routing.

#7321 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not saying they all last 500 games but they look great and when they magnetize swap them...no big deal.
I buy them in bulk so I always have new ones on hand, really a minor issue.

Really couldn't agree more.

#7324 3 months ago

For the plunger issues ... don't know how much this helps ...

Has anyone considered or actually replaced the plunger tip with a Titan plunger tip?

I'm trying to determine how much velocity the ball "should" have off the plunger. When mine works properly, it can easily feed the upper flipper for the skill shot, but it takes a little time -- does that make sense?

Like it's not instant per say when I plunge to the ball getting to that upper flipper ..

So it's just a curiosity thing based on if your plunger is truly "dialed in", what can you expect from a maximum plunge?

Videos would probably help here for comparison.

#7333 3 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am glad it is coming. It sounded like a good if likely final polish and the final wizard mode is an obvious plus. Even if most never see it

Yea. I have completed 0 wizard modes much less started one, but I'll get there...

#7339 3 months ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Anyone have anymore ideas for balls getting stuck in the depths during multiball? My game has the factory fix, and balls get stuck down there almost every single multiball. Sometimes I have to manually plunge the kicker with my finger to get the balls out.
I have tried increasing the strength, but this has no effect on the balls getting stuck.

Have you tried new balls?
Has your game always done this?

#7387 3 months ago

Welp..

I was going to try and enjoy some Pirates tonight and fix the right flipper on my BP tomorrow as well as do my first cleaning and waxing.

Well, the left BP flipper has decided that it doesn't want to respond at all. Interestingly, if I manually move the left BP flipper then it actually gets stuck in the up position.

Also, I assume the upper left flipper switch is for both the inner loop as well as the left BP flipper and if true, from a switch perspective, everything is in tact.

Now I gotta figure out EXACTLY how to adjust these flippers. Loosen/tighten w/e.

I'll try to resort to the manual since it's so informative and I'm pretty sure I don't need to remove the BP, but this is a foreign world for me so here we go...

#7389 3 months ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Not sure about the left flipper but when I adjusted the right on my BP I only had to lift the Playfield to service position 3. I didn’t have to remove the BP. Not sure if that will help ya but hope it does.

It definitely helps. So I need to take out the playfield then. I'm guessing I should learn these different positions as well.

=)

#7392 3 months ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

pull the Playfield out until you can rest it on the its rubber stoppers.

Yea, it looks like Service Position 3 is basically pulling the playfield out as much as you can horizontally, but not actually raising it vertically.

#7398 3 months ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I was watching the WW Buffalo stream and asked Eric how they start Arrrggghhh frenzy in that game but no reply....

I'm pretty sure it's a PIRATE reward...but of course not immediately available.

#7399 3 months ago

So I probably have a wire issue on the left BP flipper .. =/
I loosened and tightened the nut, but I wouldn't expect a "loose" flipper to have 0 movement.

Also when I lift that left BP flipper up, it's for some reason locking in that up position.

#7402 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Are you doing this with the power off? If it's sticking up when you lift it manually and the power is off, you have a physical, likely mechanical issue, not an electrical one.

Yes. The power is off.

Also, after loosening and tightening the left BP flipper and turning the game back on, no joy.
The flipper would appear dead.

=(

It was working fine last night. All I did was turn it off and then turn it on today.

Does the ship have to come off now?

#7403 3 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

So Wonka looks like a lot of fun... But I am happy to be a recent Pirates purchaser! Pirates has a real wow factor to it... And it's so fun and satisfying to shoot! From what I've seen so far of Wonka, Pirates is the better game!

Yea. I don't even think it's close.

I watched the stream and was underwhelmed. I wasn't expecting it to live up to POTC, but I was expecting more...

#7406 3 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yes. One of my flippers started sticking up. It had loosened and had too much up and down play so was binding. Pull your flippers up and down and see if your stuck one has appreciably more play. Mine was obvious.

I must be missing something..

I loosed the right BP flipper and upon loosing you can easily manually move it up to pretty much a vertical position. I thought I was suppose to put the flipper back to it's "resting" place or all the way down and then tighten.

I did just that. I promise. And after tightening, and manually moving that flipper, it has no additional upward movement and is still too low. I essentially accomplished nothing.

This is fun...

#7407 3 months ago

Perhaps a bit too loose ... =D

As a side ... the left flipper isn't sticking anymore! =P

I feel silly. I should be intelligent enough to put 1 + 1 together. I am learning that there is a "bit more" to it then just that nut.

Sighs... back to it!

2019-04-12 (1) (resized).jpeg2019-04-12 (resized).jpeg

#7408 3 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Perhaps a bit too loose ... =D
As a side ... the left flipper isn't sticking anymore! =P

I feel silly. I should be intelligent enough to put 1 + 1 together. I am learning that there is a "bit more" to it then just that nut.

Sighs... back to it!

[quoted image][quoted image]

#7415 3 months ago

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't know honestly...
I'm not sure what the return spring is but I'm guessing it's not the same as the thin springs for the flippers themselves.

Again, I loosened the right BP flipper to the point where I could move the flipper as freely as I wanted to. I made sure it was resting in the "downward" position or against the metal and proceeded to tighten. When completed, I had no additional height or pitch or upward movement (Whatever you wanna use there, lol)

I actually just finished watching the removal of the BP. Pretty informative.
Maybe I just have a loose wire or something as opposed to removing it and learning I have a broken wire at which point I have to both acquire and learn how to solder.

Umm... I'm at peace with it for the night. Inevitably these things were going to happen either sooner or later. Unfortunately, it looks sooner. But maybe it's not unfortunate. At least I'm learning a ton and trying to be independent outside of posting on here of course.

I JUST WANT TO PLAY!!!! =)

I can't stress enough how much I sincerely appreciate every single one of your responses as I continue to work through these growing pains initially.

I think I'll be better for it.

And I look forward to the payoff when this game is running perfectly!

Have a good night all..

#7447 3 months ago

Wonka “better” than Pirates? Yea...no.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I’m sure the consensus will easily rank Pirates highest. It’s not even on the same level as Pirates.

I want to know how it stacks up against DI. Ya know, the other Lawlor game and standard body.

#7448 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Oh yeah? No regrets eh? I feel weak for considering it but I am so tired of draining there...and I don’t seem to be improving my skill at all.

Cheating much?

Oh well...whatever.

Have fun!

#7451 3 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

None whatsoever. I still lose balls there, but not nearly as often now. I'd rather focus on other challenges in the game than trying to stop constant cheap drains.

Cheating?! Pffffft

But it’s...pi... nvm. =P

#7453 3 months ago

tuna_delight At least you can play your game.

I’ll go away now...

#7455 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely Not rubbing it in but yes POTC CE was a no brainer as it was in my opinion loaded with enough value added to justify the guilty pleasure. Sadly, WW CE not so much. An acrylic topper sign, added gold dust in the playfield, and shiny cabinet art was just not in the 3K value to me. The LE and CE are virtually the Same game so I found it hard to stay on board. Plus I think the art on the LE was actually better granted on Both games I am puzzled why they went sparkle red and blue and not purple which is the art color?? They did purple on DI and that was a blue game???

I agree. I would not spend $12.5 on WW CE. Nope!

I really can’t believe it’s priced that high. $11.5 would seem a lot more fair albeit a thousand less for what you are getting with the package.

#7456 3 months ago

Okay... let's try this.

Would someone/anyone be as kind to snap a pic of their BP left and right flippers while pressed in?
I'm just trying to determine what it "should look" like as now I'm learning there's really no such thing as flipper pitch...and MAYBE the left is actually higher than it should be. Maybe neither of them are where they should be? Idk...

Okay fair enough..

Here's where I'm just a bit puzzled ... or maybe I'm not.

Are you guys trying to tell me that based on the tightness of this nut, that essentially determines or dictates how high or not the flipper will flip?

If it makes anyone else feel better outside of myself, my other 3 flippers...like the standard ones, seem "perfect."

I'm getting tired of talking about flippers... =P

#7459 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Really don't understand the issue your having setting your flippers? Slightly loosen the one nut on both the pawl clamps to make them Barely adjustable. Lift both flippers at the same time with your fingers and see if the tips look parallel to each other. If you're not sure put a straight edge across them. If one is low slowly rotate it till it's even. Slowly lower them back down to see if they are resting against the stop on the BP. If not then you adjusted them both to High. Set them then simply tighten the pawl nuts firmly and Play The Game!

Possibly the best response I have seen yet.

Thank you.

I'm working on this...