(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,253 posts
  • 495 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 231 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,470 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
coin-mech-screws (resized).jpg
DSC00089 (resized).JPG
CC5FBE5A-03A5-486D-889E-F07E7F814E44 (resized).jpeg
38D2F4D7-3B8D-41E4-831D-E89199251828 (resized).jpeg
52738503-D05B-48E4-9383-E048F2788F73 (resized).jpeg
2DD4F2A5-43F1-4B53-957F-1FB316D660AA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200217_1305391 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200217_130539 (resized).jpg
56E3FD38-8693-4D48-9ED2-EA4BA4A6D3B7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0219 (resized).jpg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (1 year ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (1 year ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (1 year ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (1 year ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (11 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (11 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (10 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (10 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (10 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (10 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (10 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (9 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (9 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (9 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (9 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10331 8 months ago

I have not looked on here to see if this has been answered, but does anyone know how to get the Arr Frenzy started? I have made it a few times, and not sure if random after lighting pirate and hitting the standup, or if I did it by lighting pirate more than once before hitting the standup. Thanks in advance for any info.
On another note, my best scores have been on Pintel with 1.1m, Barbossa 676k, Will 648k, and Cotton 574k The 1.1 included ar frenzy of 907k. I thought the machine had tore up it was going so crazy with ar noises.

4 weeks later
#11240 7 months ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I have an SE and my flippers are black/red

That is the same as the SE I play all the time.

2 weeks later
#11454 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Plus its that dam good!

It will be very hard for me to ever acquire another game, this game is just that good. Luckily no issues except for dust, man this game has so many moving parts or something the flippers go from red to black after 20 plays. Soon changing my will to get buried in this game when I kick the bucket.

#11511 7 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Good one.
How many of you are doing extra ball on score?

What is the score to get one?

#11591 6 months ago

I never plan to update a code on this game. Fun as it is, I will never get through all of it anyway, and PRICELESS when it says "award one treasures".

#11652 6 months ago

Just wondering, after the game is over it shows these funny looking bar code things. What are they and what do they actually show?

#11654 6 months ago

You can use your phone camera to scan that and it will post to your Twitter feed showing your high score

Thanks for the info.

I have also noticed on some games it has that weird barcode on the game rules card. What does those do?

#11657 6 months ago

Probably takes you to a website with rules. They are called QR codes

Thanks again for the info. I have a flip phone and not on twitter or anything but my friends with smart phones have not been able to figure it out.

1 month later
#12187 5 months ago

I would love to have a printed manual!

#12251 5 months ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

They pulled the plug so early, the SE might be the most limited of all models. LOL

According to info on Pinside they are:
CE 200
LE 650
SE 150

1 week later
#12393 5 months ago

Long ago the first time I ever plundered my girlfriend, she turned red in the face, had smoke coming out of her ears, and I think if a knife had of been close by she may would have stabbed me.

Anyway, I quickly figured out how to enjoy all the game has to offer while at the same time not having to lock up my knives.

Me and my gf plays 4 player, she plays 2 characters, and I play 2. If plunder comes up the agreement is we plunder from our extra character, and not from each other.

When friends are over it is every person for themselves. (still won't plunder her though, she is here long after they have left for the night).

1 week later
#12466 4 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Got my encyclopedia today

Me too!

I read most of it. Looks like there is a battery that needs to be replaced every 3 years.

#12468 4 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I read most of it. Looks like there is a battery that needs to be replaced every 3 years.

Not only that... you just have to do it with the game on. No biggie. LOL
I read the method.. I have done a lot of legit stupid things but this sounds like a pucker moment.

Yeah, I will be hiring a pro for all that. I only work on minor and obvious easy stuff myself.

1 week later
#12618 4 months ago

I purchased a manual recently from KingPin for 100.00 + shipping.

#12619 4 months ago

Their pinside name is KingPinGames
Send them a pm and see if they have anymore. It is a very big book.

#12677 4 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I usually fake drain my ball if I’m playing too well against novices. I’m no pro though lol.

I am not that good but I will never just hand a win over. My gf gets pissed when at the last minute I am able to beat her grandson, but the way I see it is I am old school, and not into the participation trophies and all that mess that goes on today.

When I get beat is when I could never make my shots the whole game, and that is frequent enough that anyone even a novice can easily beat me 25% of the time or more anyway.

If I was really good, then yes I would let someone else win. But I can be beat easily enough anyway, so game on.

I am not great at pinball, but I enjoy the hell out of it.

#12679 4 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

they quit mid-game

That is messed up. They must do not get how damn fun pinball is. Even on my worst games when all I get is SDTM every ball I still enjoy the feel of the game even though what happened totally sucked. Then next game maybe a new high score!

As far as my friends, some are afraid to shake the game a little, I tell them shake the damn thing! Then one moves it 2 feet and I am like...not that much, shake a little easier.

Some friends are afraid to touch the games much I think.

Everyone is different and all is cool and life with pinball machines is awesome!

1 week later
#12854 3 months ago

I have a SE, and I have never missed anything. The game is awesome right out of the box.

#12886 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

The se is going to be very appealing to those concerned about price. Each person is different, but if I could have the same game for ~$1500 less I couldn't pass that up (and I didn't cause I own an SE).
I agree with everyone saying the code is marvelous as is. It would be nice if they added the final wizard and these other extremely small things, but this game is 100% as is and needs nothing for me to enjoy it

I wanted a LE, I thought for what you got for the extra money it was worth it. When I was able to spring my distributor was out of LE and not getting anymore but he did have SE left. I looked on here and seen the gameplay and everything was the same so I jumped on it.

I am so glad I jumped on this game, and saved a few bucks also because it just helped me to save faster for the next game, which turned out to be Ocktoberfest, and that is a really good game also.

Code is 100% fine the way it is for me. I am not good enough to ever make wizard modes anyway.

1 week later
#12961 3 months ago

I finally remembered to try the thing I had read here a while back about the left flipper. Thanks to whoever posted that you can push the left flipper lighter to keep the upper left flipper down.

2 weeks later
#13120 85 days ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Is the game stable no issues

My SE has never had any problems except playfield needs cleaning more often than other games.

No pooling, chipping, etc. either.

2 weeks later
#13290 66 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Do all your trough optos work properly when manually triggered?
Have you checked all your balls for magnetism (with a steel paperclip, etc)?

I have had minor chest problems also, so thanks for this tip.

1 month later
#13915 24 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That same ad listed as not sold. So if it is the same game, the guy tried to weasel out of paying a small seller's fee.

Not POTC, but another game I had listed for sale, then decided to keep. a pinsider months later looked at the archives and contacted me.

A few months later he bought the game, and within 2 hours of the sale I donated to pinside.

I would never cheat pinside or anyone.

2 weeks later
#14173 7 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Anyone else make funny faces?

I try to but I can never time it. My girlfriend does not even try and her pics turn out funny as hell!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Mequon, WI
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside