(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjlp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17174 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just FYI on the star map - it is fairly complicated to install (even more so if you have the Lior Dauntless mod), and it doesn’t really add much to the game. The (optional) extra lights aren’t terribly visible unless you set them to Go Crazy mode, and the backboard is easy to scratch so be careful. Also, to install the mod, the main star map circuit board is pressed right up against the wood, without a spacer. I just didn’t like this very much.
It’s a nice mod though, just set your expectations thusly! And IMO don’t bother with the extra lights

Thanks for report about, im wondering if i will buy it or no...

#17175 2 years ago

I've been wondering for a while, but it didn't shock anyone the official CE visual and reality?

the color of the armor is totally different ...
in reality it is very very dark almost black while the flyer is really khaki green and I find this color so much better!

Screenshot_2021-11-01-22-26-22-164_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite (resized).jpgScreenshot_2021-11-01-22-26-22-164_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite (resized).jpg
1 week later
#17296 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

You can order all the stuff you need via a official JJP distro for you I think it’s best to use pinball pleasure in France .

Yes Christophe lienard could provide all you need

#17302 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Ah well… was worth asking.
Guess I am done moding. With insight the 2 must have mods are the animated chest and the rotating jack jet pinball [quoted image]

C'est l'autographe de qui sur l apron?

1 month later
#17344 2 years ago

I join POTC owners club

IMG_20211224_075235 (resized).jpgIMG_20211224_075235 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#17360 2 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

For the ones who have installed PinGraffix blades, how did you do it?
- do you have to remove the playfield from the cabinet in order to install the PinGraffix blades? or not?
- do you have to use the wet or dry method, or it does not matter?
I recall the playfield is very tight in the cabinet and do not want to tear the blades when lowering the playfield, I have one PinGraffix set to install.

Quoted from jeffro01:

No, playfield can stay. Use the wet method and grab some blade protectors from pinball life.
Jeff

Any body Can provide pictures of potc pingraffix blades installed? I'm not sure, i have an hésitation between two!(its for a CE)

#17381 2 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

The neverending Story… such a behavior to constantly treat this game like the unwanted baby is absolutely not unterstandable from JJP… all other games constantly updated and a big campaign to push Scorbit with all other games within a few weeks and still not update one of the best games…

I think that they had and they have a problem with this pin...

#17384 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got it set up finally. Had a few problems. Wire came off interlock switch. Mini playfield was not working right. Had motor wires wrapped around shaft . So opto was not right.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Which artblades did you put on it? Hard to see in pictures !

2 weeks later
#17449 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hi everyone, two months ago I replaced my metal cliffy protection on the tortuga hole with a carbon protection. It's much better. The carbon is much more flexible and therefore it does not deform on the existing imperfections of the tortuga hole. I asked the supplier if there were also carbon protections for the map hole? He kindly made a set for me to test and I just received them. My metal MAP protection was deforming and I had a lot of trouble getting the ball in. I ended up removing it to be able to play normally. With the carbon protection, I enter the ball as if the protection was not there. If you have this kind of problem, I highly recommend them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great Idea! Mine have 170plays, cliffys Never been installed,i'll do this!

#17451 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

I don't know how you manage to watch it without playing!! 170 games for life? I put 200 games in two days when I bought this pinball!! It must be said that at the beginning the games were short... It's hard to have such a beautiful object and to be afraid of damaging it!! You're right, protect it and have fun Otherwise when the scorebit will arrive you will be ridiculed

I bought it 23december, no installed yet, so... 0 Plays from me its CE n°010 !

#17454 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Ah OK, A real gem!! You bought it from Christophe, I imagine? I called him in mid-December to find out availability for the wonkas and he told me that he was going to sell one of the two in his collection. A great Christmas present, you're lucky.

Right very expensive... But

1 month later
#17484 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

bug of the year!!
[quoted image]

Ah oui quand même

1 month later
#17530 2 years ago

I think that my liar's dice add is so cute

IMG_20220411_194959 (resized).jpgIMG_20220411_194959 (resized).jpg
#17532 2 years ago
Quoted from Adsnems:

I just got a POTC LE and love playing it! Currently comes as factory with no mods. I’d be really grateful to get recommendations on the best mods to install on it

You must have open/close chest !

#17581 2 years ago

Personnaly i prefer my CE topper far!
A lot of shadow on it due to the screen back... No interrest for me and tooooooooo expensive!

My CE dont it for sure !

#17587 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Too expensive ??? The CE topper is the only reason there's a $10,000 or $15,000 gap on the sale. You have the right to like yours without problem, but to say that this one is too dark... Lol

I disagree... If there is ONE pinball machine where thé gap is between LE/CE (premium/LE) it is potc

-exclusive topper
-exclusive backglass
-exclusive radcals drawing
-exclusice powercoat
-exclusive barnacles Armor
-excluisve plastics
-exclusive PLAYFIELD

Wow i dont know any pin who beat that!

2 months later
#17688 1 year ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Could someone with a caliper measure the thickest part of the ramp? I do not understand why they are breaking soooo soon. I'm gonna talk to JJP.

They are sooo thin in some areas !

#17694 1 year ago

Yes for Ramps.... and especially for yours starshipfantasy ! Dont forget about stickers and maelstroom exterior sticker instead of white...

5 months later
#17973 1 year ago
Quoted from vulcano:

Hello everybody,
I would like to introduce you my recent purchase, a crazy nice topper on pirates theme.
The basis of its is that of the JJPOTC CE. Then many changes have been made. The engine noise is not annoying in game as is the case on the original, real wood from old boats was used for the contour of the LCD screen. The toper can be used on any pinball machine, Bally (Black rose for example), Stern POTC ... or can be used in decoration without operating a pinball machine. I am not the designer of this, I just bought for myself and I can get a few ones. It was presented to Eric Meunier during the DPO in Rotterdam in November 2022 and who said he was impressed by the work achieved. A few units have been made and here is the chance to get one for 1350 usd + shipping. For example. 140 usd to the USA, between 25 and 50 euros for most of european countries.
- plug and play whatever is your country
- light and speed of the boat can be adjusted with controler.
- weight included packaging 12 kilos, or around 10 without.
- usb on which you can load up to 5 hours video.
- in the package is provided a video you can see on the link below:

- this project required a lot of energy and challenges according to the creator and I really believe him when seing the product.
So first come first get, no second run can be done.
Contact me on whatsapp if you want details, videos, pictures. 00352621616922
So this is your unique chance to get a topper at a very good value for money.
Thanks to all for having taken the time to read.
Christophe.
[quoted image]

Vulcano ? Really Christophe you are so hot ?

2 weeks later
#18031 1 year ago

Not Bad, 1 year for a sound equalizer update on a beta...

#18040 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Agreed that seeing some sign of life is better than nothing, but there’s been beta code for 2 years and the designer and coder have previously stated that no code updates will be released until the final wizard mode is done. And it’s really not cool for JJP to continue on with that attitude they way they have the last 3+ years on this.
So even though there’s a sign of life with a new beta, it’s been there done that for a couple years now. Any formal release update is well overdue and there isn’t anything to suggest that the situation is changing anytime soon.

I agree with that. I owned a Potc CE and sold it last summer. I keep it 6month, and it's the best pin i own and play, but dont worth it Price... It need a major update, but i really think that it will never happens... You must be realist 5years ->1or2 update ? 0.x code ?

JJP have same attitude as haggis and CGC. Explain us what is the problem and what happen. Be HONEST.

1 month later
#18149 1 year ago
Quoted from cliffordpd:

Any suggestions for fixing this, or keeping it from getting worse?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Mirco playfield... THIS is the reason i sold m'y CE. I was affraid playing it because i had issues AT each Time with Mirco...

1 month later
#18302 1 year ago

Ahaha update JJP potc with scorbit, 1days After a 2years wait jjp fired scorbit....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjlp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=jjlp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.