(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jenk540i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15879 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Ok - one thing to be aware of, that I still have to periodically contend with, is that the weight of the playfield* causes it to settle lower over time in the cabinet. This causes the shooter rod to catch the automated plunge mech and lose plunging power which in turn, hinders the ability to go for a full plunge skill shot. The short-term solution has been to bend the playfield catches (that hook into the front of the cabinet) back to restore the playfield height and eliminate the plunger conflict.
* No doubt exacerbated by all the damn mods I've added to my game. Curse you Mod Couple and Lior!

I’m glad you posted this. I picked up a used pin a few months ago and have been dealing with this. The original owner had adjusted the mounting of the plunger but that looked weird because you could see the decal cut. So I had put the plunger back in the original position and sometimes had to plunge a ball multiple times to even get it on the playfield.

So I just tried your suggestion and now it plunges beautifully. Wow. What a simple fix. Hope it will last for a while!

#15882 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Rather than bend the hooks, I took a freebie fridge magnet, like one you might find with football schedules on it, and sliced up little slivers to raise it.
I kept adding pieces under the hooks, on top of the assembly, till it raised it, and allowed the shooter rod assembly to breathe a bit! (Adjusting the shooter rod assembly itself only did so much...)

Yeah. Already decided that would be my next strategy if they flatten out again.

1 year later
#17422 2 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Just out of curiosity, but did anyone ever come up with another solution for the plunger issue hitting?
It was always either lift the playfield by bending the hooks slightly (I never did this) or put something between the playfield to raise it. I chose to this method, but unfortunately after doing so you can no longer latch the yellow lever properly.
Also, I can still see very clearly where the plunger is hitting the auto return so I definitely need to take it apart and see if I can't adjust it some.
Thanks all!

Loosening and adjusting the shooter plate did not work for me because the damaged part of the decal showed. I then bent the hooks which definitely fixed the problem. But over time the weight of the playfield causes it to settle again. So more than a year ago I got two small strong thin magnets and put one under each hook to slightly raise the playfield and that has solved the issue.

#17424 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Any advice on how to get this ‘razor blade’ gate to work properly? Often it doesn’t go up all the way when the cannon is lit and you have to hit it with the ball a couple times until it finally lifts up higher. Thanks!
[quoted image]

You have a playfield switch that is triggering periodically. If a switch on the playfield triggers the game thinks the ball has exited the Black Pearl which causes the gate to close until you hit a switch on the Black Pearl which again opens the gate. Put your game in switch test mode and smack the playfield in different locations with your hand to see which switch is too sensitive and being inadvertently triggered by vibration.

#17425 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

You have a playfield switch that is triggering periodically. If a switch on the playfield triggers the game thinks the ball has exited the Black Pearl which causes the gate to close until you hit a switch on the Black Pearl which again opens the gate. Put your game in switch test mode and smack the playfield in different locations with your hand to see which switch is too sensitive and being triggered by vibration.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
11 months later
#18059 1 year ago

Christmas gift from my son. CO2 laser etched lock down bar.

He made the shooter knob and key chain last year.

E7505656-BF7A-4B91-B552-A8B02862007A (resized).jpegE7505656-BF7A-4B91-B552-A8B02862007A (resized).jpegB2E58B9C-F1D3-4637-B3C8-4994F047A823 (resized).jpegB2E58B9C-F1D3-4637-B3C8-4994F047A823 (resized).jpeg
#18062 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Wow, those are cool presents! Well done to your son!

Thank you!

2 months later
#18259 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

I have had a Depths Cliffy installed since owning it day 1. I have not had a problem w/ it coming off.

Same for me

#18288 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Disclaimer : If something evolves in a trade or sale from my Pinside posts. I'll pay Pinside the going rate for the deal.

That’s very honorable. But in my opinion you should not ever have to pay Pinside anything. You provide value to this site every day. (Pinside should be paying you).

10 months later
#18680 81 days ago

Owned POTC since 2020 and Hobbit since 2022. 2nd owner on both.

Decided today to finally replace the batteries. Not sure if the current ones were original. Suspect probably. I have been diligent in replacing the AAs in all my other pins but have never done a machine with a coin battery.

Checked voltage on the removed batteries. Lowest on the POTC (2.79). Surprised I had not had an issue.

Lesson learned.
IMG_6274 (resized).jpegIMG_6274 (resized).jpegIMG_6275 (resized).jpegIMG_6275 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jenk540i.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=jenk540i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.