(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,171 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 221 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,302 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shipbottle (resized).JPG
0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpeg
6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg
D162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpeg
2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg
afmr10 (resized).jpg
D18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpeg
D7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpeg
DB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpeg
CF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpeg
74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpeg
B3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpeg
272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg
DFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpeg
DSC00679 (resized).JPG
DSC00142 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (1 year ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (11 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (10 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (9 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (9 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (9 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (8 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (8 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (8 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (7 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (7 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (6 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#390 1 year ago

Played Pirates for the first time at the Houston Arcade Expo. My wife is sold on it 100%. Going to have to sell my Theatre of Magic but it will be worth it.

20181020_164555 (resized).jpg
#391 1 year ago

The one we were playing here at the Houston Arcade Expo had a bit of warping around the outer edge of the disc (part where the removed large ring is). Does anyone seen this on other machines? Wonder if this was an altered machine and it's showing?

2 weeks later
#635 1 year ago

Was it "Grand Champion"? If so , it's a separate list from other high scores usually.

2 months later
#2711 11 months ago

Threw out my back and had to have friends come help me set it up, but I joined the club this weekend!

20190106_203821 (resized).jpg
#2715 11 months ago

The gate to arm the canon goes up, but when the ship sways over, it falls back down. The gate will be lit, but I feel I'm bashing it 15 times before it gets in once. Is this normal? How can I trouble shoot it?

#2717 11 months ago

I don't think so, yours seems to be more program solution and the way it's meant to be. Mine might actually be lack of clearance or out not holding up. (Loose)

When I run the coil check, it does this:

#2724 11 months ago

I increased the coil strength for the cannon load door. It has helped quite a bit. Maybe from 20%-80% so I was able to make it in a couple times last night.
I'm still searching the thread on how it needs to be bent for better clearance....

#2732 11 months ago

Ok! So I've narrowed my problem with the cannon hate load. It raises up enough and stays there, but as soon as I hit a flipper on either side it drops back down effectively making the shot impossible. My switches all check out and I've done the "bang on the playfield" test. Any ideas?

What could cause pushing either flipper to lower the gate?

#2750 11 months ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I am having the exact same problem and have been hoping someone has a solution.

I'm going to call JJ this morning. I'll let you know what they tell me.

#2753 11 months ago

I think I did, but I'll double check when I get home. The gate would stay up when it's supposed to, even with the ship rocking. It doesn't go down unless the flippers are pressed. I'll check and see if the flipper vibration alone is causing it to drop when the ship rocking doesn't, but I kind of doubt it.

#2769 11 months ago

In the works with JJ support, but might as well post here too.

#2774 11 months ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I am having the exact same problem and have been hoping someone has a solution.

I figured it out! So I remembered people earlier saying if any switch was hit on the lower playfield, the gate closes. Days ago I had a leaf switch registered as stuck closed. It went away on its own without me adjusting it, I just kept a mental note of it in case it happened again. I adjusted it anyway and the problem ceased! It must have been touching when the flippers vibrated the machine. Odd it didn't happen during the "bang on the playfield test". Anyway, there it is. Hit the ship three times in one game.

#2799 11 months ago

That's the leaf switch that was causing my problems with the ship gate

#2800 11 months ago

Does anyone else here put their games on their easiest settings with max ball saves and tilt warnings so SO's and guests will have a better time? My wife was starting to not like the game until I did that. Even on easy I'll probably never get to the big wizard mode though.

#2803 11 months ago

Indeed, even with the problems I was having my friends, wife and I were still playing it and having a blast.

#2823 11 months ago

Had some friends over for games last night and about halfway through the auto plunge stopped kicking the ball more than about a foot. I look down and the left prong is on the center of the ball. Never seen one go this far off center before.

#2830 11 months ago

Does anyone know what the negatives are for the characters yet? I've been told there are positives and negatives for each character but I can't find them.

#2889 10 months ago

Ok, how do I adjust the auto plunger? It's not sitting far enough forward for the ball to rest on, so it's not auto plunging. Either that, or the manual plunger is sitting too far forward.
Makes multi ball a big fail.

20190113_194249 (resized).jpg
#2893 10 months ago

Nice! Ok, I'll try all of these. What size washer is best for placing on the shooter rod? There are a million of them and I'm not familiar.

#2897 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well, as the shooter rod is 3/8" (.375) diameter that is the key most important dimension. The OD of the washer could be anything from 5/8" to 1" doesn't matter really. With that said, Do make sure your shooter tip is ALL the way on or the issue you are having might be pretty simple. Good Luck!!

Oh! I'll check that first. I'm noobie enough that I don't think of the simple things first!

#2976 10 months ago

I zip tied the coil, but that didn't seem to do it. I think my problem is that the auto launch is too loose, too much space between the right clamp and the launcher. I can't seem to find a washer that's thin enough. Hitting the hardware stores today. Am I on the right track?

#2984 10 months ago

Ok, so now I'm at a complete loss on the auto launcher. I've put washers on the plunger to pull it back further away, re-situated the auto housing, zip tied the coil, put a washer in so that it doesn't wiggle as much, tested the range of strength settings, and crimped the prongs to be closer together. There's no reason this shouldn't be working. It seems to get worse the more games we play on it in a row.

#2986 10 months ago

I'll try that out this evening. Thanks

#2988 10 months ago

Here it is. The slow motion shows it hitting the rubber post to the left every time. How do I fix that?

#2991 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To me it looks like the ball guide rails are slightly bent inward on the right side which is affecting the trajectory. Removing this rail and reshaping it is something I had to do to mine.
I would advise contacting JJP support for walking you through this - I did it to mine but it requires great care and very gentle force applied in a specific way.

If that's the issue (hoping not) wouldn't it also do this on the manual plunge?

#3078 10 months ago

2 hours on the phone with tech help and my auto shooter started messing up again 3 games after we finished.
Going to try something when I get home and then call again. Just super bummed I can't get a game in without frustration.

#3101 10 months ago

Is there a way to mod the sound on this? I'd love to play with the audio and add some custom music and sound clips to it.

#3104 10 months ago

It is really good, but not quite there. I still walk away from the machine with the original song in my head. Wonder why there's not a pinbrowser type program for JJ's.

#3153 10 months ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Is there a video anywhere showing how to remove the ship safely? I have a wire off (green-brown) as all the switches in the column are not working. Stuck my finger underneath and gently wiggled things around a bit with one of the switches pressed in, and it registered, so I'm sure that's where the problem is. Damnit!

Butch from JJ support said it's on his list to make a video soon.

#3171 10 months ago

Has anyone put black mirror blades in this? Can I get a picture if you have?

#3205 10 months ago

I've only had this game for three weeks, but I'm a bit overwhelmed with the difficulty still, so is my wife. I'm hoping time will bring the enjoyment back.
She keeps drifting back to Dialed In and I keep drifting back to Iron Maiden. :/

#3241 10 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I agree with villathrills
I moved the ship and spot character posts out and rubber on the right lane save. Makes it easier and I love getting the R/lane ball save. I have got it down and save it 90% of the time.
I also made the ball save 10 seconds. This one helps the kids and new learners as they often forget about the upper R/flipper.

Just moving that right rubber to the left side increased our enjoyment of the game immensely! It increased our ball times just enough to make the game more enjoyable while at the same time fixing the last bit of auto plunge problem I've been fighting for weeks. Thanks so much for that. I think I'm going to leave the left outlane alone, but move the upper playfield post too.

As far as Dialed In goes, we just fight to get to Chaos on Quantum City and feel we've done a good job. We have no dreams of ever getting to Showdown, so we just like doing all the other things this crazy machine has to offer. Theater Multiball was a nice addition too!

#3242 10 months ago

Printing now! What's the best way to attach the cannon? I'm thinking rubber cement?

#3265 10 months ago

The electronic randomizer seems to leave out some of the more insane combinations. Did the physical one do this too? I've always waited for something crazy like "plunder - 6 - ball"

#3284 10 months ago

Ok, so I had a problem with the balls not releasing in the trunk. Turns out my balls were too big! I got them from The Ball Baron. Where does everyone get their pinballs? I've heard that some of the shinier ones don't react to magnets as well.

#3296 10 months ago

So where is a good place to buy some pinballs? Everyone I've found is trying to charge $9 and $12 for shipping and that seems ridiculous.

#3298 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I usually go with Pinball Life.
Shipping can run high, balls aren't light.
LTG : )

They seem to be out. That sucks because I just ordered a part from them and could have combined.

#3323 10 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Anyone having issue with the pinballs not being released from the chest after being locked? I checked the mech and it works, during multi ball I see it trying to release but the balls seem stuck. Thoughts?

I was having this issue this week and it turned out my pinballs were slightly too big (ball Barton on eBay). Check your pinballs first.

#3387 10 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Very cool! Looking forward to hearing some rule/strategy talk on the newest code.
I kinda wondered if Jack was discouraged from playing machines from other companies these days now that he's kind of the 'face' of Stern but it looks like that isn't the case.

He was going to turn down the position until Stern ensured that he could still stream any game he wanted to.

#3391 10 months ago
Quoted from kse001:

Very nice, though as an LE owner I still think it's ridiculous that a $9,500 price tag didn't include one too.

Really? My Dialed In LE included one. I thought this one would too. That sucks.

#3625 10 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That would make no sense to get rid of the monkey. If they get rid of any toys then I think they will have a harder time selling those pins. From a business standpoint I just don’t see the logic.
If anything I’d expect the next run of WOZ to be the same as current LE/75th or better with tweaks. If it’s a lesser version then I’m out.

I was talking to a guy yesterday who has been having problems with his WOZ doors. He says Jack called him directly to talk about his issues and they got to chatting. The new WOZ Yellow Brick Road will have some problem mechs stripped out and will be super limited edition with new art at a staggering cost.

#3646 10 months ago

Third time I've had people over and the auto plunger starts messing up. I'm about ready to try sending the whole mech back to JJ and asking for another one.

Going to tighten the hell out of it tomorrow and hope I don't hurt the wood.

#3648 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is it contacting the manual plunger?

No, from what I can tell, the whole mech twists under the cabinet. Whenever I loosen the screws, twist it counter clockwise as far as it will go, then tighten it, it plunges much better. The teeth on the mech are situated correctly. After about 15 multi ball heavy games though, I'm finding I have to do it again. I'm worried I'll damage the wood if I tighten them much more.

#3671 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't believe everything you hear , next it'll be don't believe everything you see .

I did just meet the guy, but people don't usually lie to me while drinking beer in my home while playing my pinballs!

#3672 10 months ago

So my auto plunge mech wasn't off again like before. My wife and my guests agree that it's like it gets tired after awhile. Is that a thing? Can the auto launch coil get "tired" after it's umpteenth multi ball?

#3711 10 months ago

I think my question got lost in the shuffle of another discussion.

My guests and wife think that the auto plunger gets "tired" after a couple of hours of multi-balls and starts messing up. Is it possible for coils to get weaker with use and then be fine after being powered off after awhile?

#4096 9 months ago

It's hard for new people to grasp. My wife and I were ready to sell it after only a couple of weeks with all the issues that came with it. Now that I've finally gotten every issue fixed (so many!) she says it's a forever machine. All my guests still agree that their favorites are Iron Maiden Premium and Dialed In LE though. Pirates wows you at first several plays, has a plateau of "It's so hard" combined with "Jesus! another issue" but then settles out as a wonderful game that you don't regret.

#4279 9 months ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Current issue, Black pearl gate to the cannon will open with spinner then load target etc. However, when pressing the left flipper it immediately closes and the same for the right flipper but takes a few flips before it closes. Any ideas of where to start.....? LTG......

I had the same issue. Turned out to be a switch hitting in the chapter select slings that went off when I hit the flippers. It doesn't register points, so it hides well. Check that.

EDIT: Didn't read on yet. I see you found the same thing.

#4282 9 months ago

I didn't know they do tours. That would be awesome.

#4315 9 months ago

Lermods, will you be at TPF? If so I'll be picking one up most likely.

#4454 9 months ago

Ok, so this little screw that holds the lever arm to the plate on the chest eject fell off last night (of course while I have guests again). I can't find the screw, I'm hoping it's under the chest as I can't find it anywhere else. It seems I won't be able to screw this back in without removing the chest. How do I go about this? This looks like it's going to be a royal pain for a tiny little screw.

20190224_155321 (resized).jpg

#4464 9 months ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Look at my post #2251

Indeed that is my problem. Did you have to remove the chest for this fix? Also, did you have to remove the solenoid completely (desolder then solder it back?)

EDIT: Never mind, I got it out. Now I just need to find that screw...

#4471 9 months ago

Ok, I feel dumb for this one, but is there an easy way to get the plastic back on the rubber nubs. I'm pushing, twisting, even tried using my fingernails to grip it. No dice

20190224_181741 (resized).jpg

#4476 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was thinking about that too but I think the ruleset is designed to allow just about everything to stack. The multiball modes in Pirates all have their own unique shot(s) to score jackpots. When a second, third, etc multiball is stacked shots for jackpots do not overlap which is pretty cool due to each multiball having their own unique shots. Still, giving players the option to turn multiball stacking off would be nice.

I agree. The multi balls are a bit too much.

#4477 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never a dumb question we are all learning here. Dumb answer though, have you considered a bit of spit on the numb to coax it on? lol

Tried spit. When that didn't work I tried a bit of cooking oil. Still no good.

#4479 9 months ago

I enlisted my wife's help for ideas and she used this tool to pull it through. It's a pore cleaner from the beauty isle.

20190224_194224 (resized).jpg
#4481 9 months ago

Did Lloyd or Butch make a video about taking the ship out yet? I need to adjust a flipper and a video would be helpful.

#4484 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not yet, but you can adjust both flippers without removing the Pearl with thre playfield in the last service position.

Nice! I should be able to do it pretty easily then!

#4497 9 months ago

I installed that button on mine and went from constant sticking to NEVER sticking. It's a great cheap fix.

#4552 9 months ago

I swapped the rubber to the left just so I'll have less auto plunge fails!

#4626 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is everyone installing cliffy's?

No, too much work to get to the holes on this one.

#4633 9 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don't think it's possible as I believe the code is encrypted. It's not like the stern pins where you can access code.

Why would they DO THAT?! Even most video game developers are leaving their code open to modding anymore. If their licenses are so prohibitive, then let us change it ourselves. It's almost rude.

#4642 9 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This may be different now on DI and POTC but I can go into my WOZ and change stuff just by going to a terminal. Also updates are not encrypted, so you can change images and sounds directly in the update .zip and then install it

Looking into it. This game needs OST music so bad it hurts. If it's just replacing a couple of files I'd be all over it. Sterns are getting the sound mod treatment all over the place. There's no reason our more expensive machine should be less accessible.

#4652 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I never got through the first movie, so I couldn't tell if that's original music or not. #happily ignorant.

It's the same music throughout mostly, like Star Wars. Star Wars plays it better in the intro, Pirates plays it mostly in fight scenes with the best clearest version of it at the end credits.

#4655 9 months ago

Looking at the update files, they aren't encrypted, they are compressed, then re-compressed. IMG is the first barrier, but the rest are .gz broken up into aa, ab, ac and so on. Looks like the old winrar continuous compressed files. Can't find a decompression program for it yet....

#4667 9 months ago

amazon.com link »

A great deal. It's not 4K, but it looks like only the last two were released in 4k anyway.

#4758 9 months ago

I reached the end of the compression and found nothing but an 8Gig encrypted file. For whatever stupid reason, JJ did in fact encrypt the content on this game. Just when I thought this company could do no wrong, here is the dick move.....

#4762 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It could be a contractual obligation. I wouldn’t assume it’s malice.

With all the licenses Stern has, they didn't do this. It might not be malice, but I'd quickly blame it on pride or close mindedness before I'd believe it's a licensing issue.

#4770 9 months ago

Ok, so it's not truly encrypted, it just needs to be keyed from the pinball PC, not a desktop PC. Urgh, ok.
And checksums could just be for data error checks if they're there.
Thanks for the explanation.

If all this is the case, shouldn't the information then be available for editing on the drive after installation?

#5102 9 months ago

With the coming market saturation of pins, within 8-10 months there will be tons of used games on the market.

#5288 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any word on 1.0 code?
Anything new expected to be added?

Some more assets would be good....

#5466 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Tonight I went to Bishop Cidercade in Dallas. They have a JJPOTC there - in fact it is the first one I played early last December that made me fall in love with the game and buy one. Ok, two.
I am sorry to report this game is now trashed.
- The chest release paddle was entirely missing. Every time you locked a ball in the chest it would roll right out, and you’d get zero credit making movie 2 progress impossible.
- The Depths VUK was jacked with super low power (or some other malady.). The balls would eject, slowly creep and drain out through the I lane.
- 2 spotlights were completely out and the one by the Pearl was pointed directly at the cabinet wall.
- Tortuga scoop was visibly loose and shook with each eject.
Aside from the spots, these are major game-breaking bugs. If I had played this game, I would have written it off out of sheer frustration.
If you’re gonna put a game on location, at least have the decency to keep it up.
I played a bunch of other stuff there tonight also. Several other games had similar major issues. A few were powered off entirely. Dialed In had a monitor sagging almost an inch on the right side. Indiana Jones had a one way drain gate that decided to go two-way. A few of the newer sterns were ok. Played a little Munsters. It doesn’t do much for me at all, but if you like the theme I’d say they did a good job.

I'm really sad to hear that Cidercade has gone down hill so far. 6 months ago I went there and was so blown away by how well their machines were loved that I came home and went off on my local arcade managers for everything being broken and told them to go see what pinball love is at Cidercade. Seems I can't use that anymore....

#5475 9 months ago

I'll have my hood up putting on game blades tomorrow, I'll check mine too.

On that note, this is the first set of blades I've had that want me to remove the head bolts on the side cabinet to install the blades. If the head is bolted down, there's nothing that can fall off from this is there? Seems silly, but I've never done it and want all the info I can get.

#5487 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a heads up Warning doing this procedure. JJP uses a flared end pivot bolt so getting it out is a Complete pain in the butt! The end of the pivot tube is flared out on the outside of the cabinet so you need to hammer it out without splintering the crap out of the hole. Wish I still had a picture but Trust me its not as easy as it should be. I had to do this when installing mirror blades. If installing blade Art do yourself a favor and just cut the decal hole Larger and avoid taking that bolt out. Good Luck!

Lame. That's an argument against any TiltGraphics orders in the future. PinGraffix has the hole pre cut and makes an easy guide for install.

#5557 9 months ago

Do Tilt Graphics blades use the soap apply method like Pingraffix?

#5597 9 months ago

My spinning Tom was wobbling and not spinning well last night. Guess I'll have something else to try and fix tonight...

#5609 9 months ago

I really do hope they tone down the multi-balls in future updates though (or at least give the option). I still haven't seen a wizard mode but end up spending 45 minutes a game continuously stacking multi-balls.

#5612 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So for clarity you are playing 45 Minute games and have not seen a wizard mode???? Seems a bit off. The only way to achieve multiballs like modes or wizard modes is to Aim for them or work towards them. Maybe change your strategy to focus on getting modes instead of multiballs? For me I personally Love the mix of modes and use of multiballs. Hoping they don't change a thing.

I feel like every time I'm trying to complete a chapter a multi-ball starts. I can usually complete 'a' chapter during a multi ball, but can't really string them together.

Disclaimer: Should have said "feels like 45 minute games". I've never actually timed it.

#5613 9 months ago

Maybe I should just play nothing but Tia Dalma until I see one....

#5617 9 months ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Good bye tortuga tom hello bootstrap

I'm thinking about doing that with the cursed pirate figure.

#5650 9 months ago

For those of you who were testing floor projectors, which ones did you settle on? I'm starting to look at them too...

#5654 9 months ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I wouldn’t hold my breath. If they’re cutting production so soon it obviously means it’s not a financial gain for them to run this game. So why would they go ahead and release it a second time.

Also, the assets acquisition was so bad they fired a guy. Yeah, I think this is going to be a short run rare game.

#5660 9 months ago
Quoted from djxealot:

By assets acquisition, do you mean the license assets? Or physical assets?

According to the podcasts I've listened to, a guy was let go for the a horribly bad deal on license acquisitions for the game.

#5680 8 months ago

I found the game settings where you choose the difficulty to start each multi-ball. I increased them all by one. Interestingly enough, these aren't changed by game difficulty presets. I'm going to see how it plays now...

#5689 8 months ago

Mine was tight also and it turned out that my pinballs were slightly too big. I put some other ones in and no problems since.

#5696 8 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

No, not a bad idea, I’d still do a little more checking first:
1) pin is leveled and pitched correctly
2) verify that the chest mounting screws are tight
3) is the hinge at the chest entrance working correctly
4) is the blue bumper plug mounted correctly
If you can confirm those, then yes, a little trimming may due the trick.

5) you've tried other pinballs and they do the same thing.

#5706 8 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

More people have received games and may not have seen our lighted chest mod with controllable dimmer. Apologies for the spam.
https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

Can you post one with the red light? I'm picking up one at TPF anyway, but I really can't decide with only seeing the gold.

#5714 8 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I have the red one and it is set to a slow flash. Kinda mimics a heartbeat. Looks really good and my son loves it.

Can you upload a video of it? That would be awesome

#5749 8 months ago

There are settings for difficulties on each multi ball. I increased the difficulty on all multi ball qualifiers by one except the trunk and the game feels much better now.

Also, as suggested I used Norrington for the first time yesterday and finally saw two wizard modes in my first try! Thanks for that suggestion.

#5787 8 months ago

What does GOAT mean?

1 week later
#6109 8 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Leg light ups, logo projector, and wave projector, coin door plaque display added. Still a lot of mods to add but thought that this looked pretty good and wanted to post it. I know mods aren't for everyone.
[quoted image]
Without the waves
[quoted image]

Which wave projector did you use? I bought one on Amazon and it wouldn't keep its settings every time I turned it off and on again. I'm looking for another one.

#6128 8 months ago

That's got to be one of the hardest cliffies I've ever seen to put on. I think I'll pass on this one and just check the mylar periodically.

#6155 8 months ago

Deadpool's callouts are high pitched, not funny, and really just annoying. I'm honestly shocked IM didn't win callouts. Both the Demon and the Sorceress on that game are amazing to hear.

#6158 8 months ago

So I got my Davy Jones from eBay in the mail and he was HUGE! At first I was let down, but I realized he makes a great topper addition.

20190325_183336 (resized).jpg20190325_183353 (resized).jpg
#6193 8 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m selling mine at 9K. Not worried about leaving money on the table as I’ve easily gotten 500 enjoyment out of it and I’m happy to see it make another pinhead happy.

After all the help you've given everyone with this pin and talking to Kaneda, you're selling? Why?

#6242 8 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

push and hold left flipper, then flip the right flipper 5 times

I keep trying that and it's not working. I checked my settings and it's not turned off.

2 weeks later
#7434 7 months ago

I've been getting way too many SDTM's from the chapter select. We even just got three in a row. It sucks to STDM from something you can't control. Is there a fix for this?

#7512 7 months ago

So the only solution to STDM from the star map is the double flipper action (which cancels you seeing the goals) or nudging it.
Damn, that's not a good design.

#7516 7 months ago

Dark room but..

flippers (resized).jpg
#7519 7 months ago

I'll double check my firmware. The ball slams around like it's supposed to, but most of the time sits on the post afterward until the post drops. It occasionally gives one more yank but not all the time. I'll check it tonight.

#7528 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

So, the precut hole on the Pingraffix blades was not large enough to go over the hinge nut? would it be possible to make the hole on the pinblade larger before the install to prevent the need to remove the nut?

Me and another guy on here just installed it over the nut without taking it out or cutting a hole. You can't tell at all and it looks flat even with the lights on.

#7531 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

So, Pingraffix’s POTC JJP blades, do not come with a pre-cut hinge nut hole?

No, but like I said, It looks great just going over it.

#7533 7 months ago

Took these before I put the flipper bats on

pirates 1 (resized).jpgpirates 2 (resized).jpgpirates 3 (resized).jpg
#7537 7 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No, but the space between it and the cabinet is minimal so that's why I highly recommend using the wet method.

Indeed, wet method all the way. There are Pingraffix install videos that work the same way.

#7559 7 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

One thing I'm hoping gets fixed in the next code update is the BP cannon gate logic. As it stands, the gate closes when any switch on the main playfield is triggered, and when you return to the BP you need to hit any switch (on the BP) to reopen the gate. To me this doesn't make sense, just the act of getting back on the BP should reopen the gate - the VUK or the ramp opto should be the trigger.

This is probably because for the gate to stay open a coil is being drawn the whole time. It's probably done to save some voltage or coil wear.

#7576 7 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Haha, right??
She’s adamant that we get good at it as shipped/designed, so our skills will be portable to other machines.

Ha! My wife is instantly like "move the posts, it's too hard". It's the only game we've had to do it to though out of South Park, Dialed In, and Maiden.
I agree with her though. This is a mean game. The first post we moved was the one on the ship so it doesn't fall off as easy.

2 weeks later
#8469 7 months ago

I have a short in this spotlight. When I wiggle the wires it goes on and off. The shaker motor seems to shake it enough to make it stop working. How can I tighten the wires in it?

20190502_162427 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#11980 3 months ago

Not a big issue, but has been doing it since I've had it in January, but seems odd and no one even notices it but me.

Sometimes in gameplay I'll hear the sound that it makes when you boot it up and it tells you that there is a switch error. It seems software related and will probably be fixed when the next update comes out, but was wondering if anyone else has heard it.

#12063 3 months ago

Got my trunk mod working this Saturday! Breaths new life into this machine and gives it something that I didn't know was missing.

#12067 3 months ago

I only have a bit of pooling around my adjustable outlane posts on one side. Other than not being able to adjust the difficulty, everything seems ok and the coat seems hard. Should I be worried about these issues?

#12084 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does the chest stay open slightly?

It does just a bit. You can adjust it more to make it shut completely, but I reasoned that if it's not touching then that's less wear and tear. Also, none of them shut flush because of how they are molded and it's more noticeable if it shuts all the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, NE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside