(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,843 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by WolfManCat
  • Topic is favorited by 211 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,122 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190817_173334 (resized).jpg
20190817_135857 (resized).jpg
20190816_233723 (resized).jpg
20190816_233832 (resized).jpg
20190816_231501 (resized).jpg
20190816_231435 (resized).jpg
IMG-4491 (resized).JPG
IMG-4486 (resized).JPG
IMG-4485 (resized).JPG
IMG-4485 (resized).JPG
IMG-4483 (resized).JPG
IMG-4481 (resized).JPG
IMG-4479 (resized).JPG
IMG-4477 (resized).JPG
IMG-4476 (resized).JPG
IMG-4475 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (10 months ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (9 months ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (9 months ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (8 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (6 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (6 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (4 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (4 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (4 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (3 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (3 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7639 4 months ago

Had a great time with this one at TPF and was going to wait on a Wonka but am too impatient, moved that money to a Pirates LE, should be here in 3-4 weeks. Looking forward to it!

It's coming from the final batch, so hoping some of these technical issues will be resolved.

1 week later
#8180 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have an LE paid in full on the next batch at Automated.

Same here, and I can't wait, like a kid at Christmas. Trying hard not to watch all the streams, want some surprises. Had tons of fun playing this one at TPF.

I'm looking at all the Mod Couple mods, thinking Kraken and Dauntless mods for sure. Does the whirlpool mod block the view of the ball during the spiral drain?

#8292 3 months ago

Anyone heard status on the latest run? If they are still idling waiting for parts?

#8410 3 months ago

I heard from my distro today about my order, current estimate is 2-4 more weeks to finish off the idling machines. Still waiting on parts.

1 week later
#8783 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

this rubber is about to die from love and heavy home use.

Might be able to turn that rubber a bit to buy more time. Course that might just break it.

#8967 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mod request for you mod makers, how about a small ships wheel or something for the pearl maybe can even design it to fit above the two targets between the spinners to help hide the ugly visible wires?

Was thinking about grabbing this mod to do just that...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-black-pearl-deck

deck (resized).PNG

#9238 3 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone know how far behind Cliffy is running right now for orders? I ordered mine late march.

I ordered 2 sets (AFMr and MMr) March 11 and still waiting. Though I did change my order (from MMr to Pirates) April 24.

#9243 3 months ago

Just called to check on the status of mine, it's supposed to ship tomorrow!

#9264 3 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

the possibility of more being made down the line (there was no real limit on SE and LE) it seems like there is probably a small, motivated market for games right now

And the fact it's probably one year minimum before they roll them again, what with Wonka and GnR coming down the pipe. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the last of the $9.5k Pirates, given all the cost that must be going into these and how Wonka has fewer mechs for the same money at the LE and CE levels. May be more of a YBR model going forward on the next run, who knows.

#9390 88 days ago

Congrats! Just got 'the call', my LE ships out tomorrow from JJP.

1 week later
#9611 81 days ago

LE #1018 in the house!

No idea how I'm getting this beast upstairs yet, not sure I'd burden my usual crew with this one. Maybe time to rent a stair climber.
IMG_2221 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#10060 74 days ago

Is there anything better in this game than hitting a bullseye on Dauntless? Love the metal on metal 'CLANK' and accompanying sound and light show.

Only wish I could load the cannon more consistently. What's a good strategy for loading the cannon once the door is open? I can't find any consistent shot for getting it in there. At the moment I more or less flail and hope for the best.

#10112 73 days ago

Nice work on all the 3D models Agima! I've ordered a roll of 'coffee' colored filament for the printer.

I wonder if there's enough depth there for a gold chest, or a pile of gold, something like that. To go thematically with the 'spot gold' targets. Might see if I can come up with something.

#10236 72 days ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Last hole closed.
STL templates as usual at thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818[quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine printed and installed today. Thanks again!

IMG_2321 (resized).jpeg
#10252 72 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'd paint it chocolate brown so it matches the ship's "wood."

Agreed, I might paint it darker brown and do a black wash on it. But it really looks pretty good as is, better in person. The color matches the deck color pretty well, so it doesn’t look out of place when the game is rocking and rolling.

#10270 71 days ago

Well if Automated is out, these have to be nearly gone, at least in the US.

#10294 71 days ago

My TLDR JJP POTC Review:

I thought the praise this game was getting was hyperbole. I had fun playing it at TPF, but put a deposit on Wonka. After seeing all the love this game was getting, plus the fun I had at TPF I thought I would take a flyer on it. Particularly because of how scarce they were getting. I figured I could get Wonka later, but this might be the last chance for a while on this one. So I pulled the Wonka deposit and ordered an LE from Automated. And wow, I’ve had this machine for a week and my Q rating for a pinball machine has never been higher.

To be honest, Day 1 (week ago) I had some buyers remorse, my machine came loaded with every single one of the Top 10 defects. But it was here, and on my second floor, so it was staying. I’ve spent the last week working on the issues, using advice from LTG, Zaphx, Vireleand and many others and also leaning on JJP where needed (Steve has been great). And I’ve got the machine dialed in pretty well now. Add to that the outstanding mods from Mezel and Yelobird, and this machine is just about fully blueprinted.

This is peak pinball right now as far as I’m concerned, and this isn’t hyperbole. It checks all the boxes; art, graphics, sounds, music, voice work, layout, rules and world under glass mechanical magic.

Tonight my family and I were finally all able to get together and play this one, and between figuring rules out, activating the toys and plundering (bedlam!) we all had a great a time. And that’s really what this game delivers in spades, pinball joy. So thanks to the team that made this happen, you’ve raised the bar again and I can’t wait to see what’s next. That’s all for now, if you got this far, thanks for reading.

#10347 69 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have not looked on here to see if this has been answered, but does anyone know how to get the Arr Frenzy started?

I believe after completing PIRATE lanes 3 times it becomes one of the PIRATE award choices and a mystery award possibility.

#10348 69 days ago

#10364 69 days ago

Think I found a bug, or my machine has an issue, Apologies if someone has mentioned this. When you restart a game before the current one has ended, ball search timer doesn’t reset. So if you don’t launch Ball 1 of the new game fast enough, within just a few seconds, it goes into ball search with a ball sitting on the shooter lane switch.

It’s 100% reproducible.

#10484 66 days ago

I've been playing with Pintel the past few days to try stacking Arrg Frenzy with multiballs. Had some good success with it. But my highest score has come with Angelica, at around 1.3M.

#10645 64 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Anyway thanks for confirming my kraken is not the only one that sits low and pushes the diverter down. With the plastic underneath the kraken still sits properly and the diverter can raise unaffected by this mod.

My kraken pushed the diverter down quite a bit as well, after install had many more toilet flushes than before. I tilted mine up w/ rubber feet, not ideal, and the kraken still pushes down on the diverter a bit, but shots go around the maelstrom much more consistently now.
IMG_2424 (resized).jpeg

#10689 62 days ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Where do I locate the switches?
Should I turn down the cannon coil a little bit?
Thanks!

Not sure exactly where the switches are, one is an opto inside the ship I believe. This is a pretty common problem, I get those two alerts all the time. And it's 99% likely that you're only getting them because they haven't been hit in a few games. Just pop the glass with those errors up, rock the ship and one should go away, put a ball in Dauntless target hole and it will clear the other, and verify that each is working properly.

While the glass is off you can start a game and test your cannon to make sure a hit is possible. If not there are posts linked either here or in the tech thread on how to align the Dauntless.

1 month later
#11393 28 days ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone able to make the action button more reliable? Mine seems to stick a lot.

I got a replacement sent to me by JJP, problem free since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside