(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7639 5 years ago

Had a great time with this one at TPF and was going to wait on a Wonka but am too impatient, moved that money to a Pirates LE, should be here in 3-4 weeks. Looking forward to it!

It's coming from the final batch, so hoping some of these technical issues will be resolved.

1 week later
#8180 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have an LE paid in full on the next batch at Automated.

Same here, and I can't wait, like a kid at Christmas. Trying hard not to watch all the streams, want some surprises. Had tons of fun playing this one at TPF.

I'm looking at all the Mod Couple mods, thinking Kraken and Dauntless mods for sure. Does the whirlpool mod block the view of the ball during the spiral drain?

#8292 4 years ago

Anyone heard status on the latest run? If they are still idling waiting for parts?

#8410 4 years ago

I heard from my distro today about my order, current estimate is 2-4 more weeks to finish off the idling machines. Still waiting on parts.

1 week later
#8783 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

this rubber is about to die from love and heavy home use.

Might be able to turn that rubber a bit to buy more time. Course that might just break it.

#8967 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mod request for you mod makers, how about a small ships wheel or something for the pearl maybe can even design it to fit above the two targets between the spinners to help hide the ugly visible wires?

Was thinking about grabbing this mod to do just that...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-black-pearl-deck

deck (resized).PNGdeck (resized).PNG

#9238 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone know how far behind Cliffy is running right now for orders? I ordered mine late march.

I ordered 2 sets (AFMr and MMr) March 11 and still waiting. Though I did change my order (from MMr to Pirates) April 24.

#9243 4 years ago

Just called to check on the status of mine, it's supposed to ship tomorrow!

#9264 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

the possibility of more being made down the line (there was no real limit on SE and LE) it seems like there is probably a small, motivated market for games right now

And the fact it's probably one year minimum before they roll them again, what with Wonka and GnR coming down the pipe. I wouldn't be surprised if these are the last of the $9.5k Pirates, given all the cost that must be going into these and how Wonka has fewer mechs for the same money at the LE and CE levels. May be more of a YBR model going forward on the next run, who knows.

#9390 4 years ago

Congrats! Just got 'the call', my LE ships out tomorrow from JJP.

1 week later
#9611 4 years ago

LE #1018 in the house!

No idea how I'm getting this beast upstairs yet, not sure I'd burden my usual crew with this one. Maybe time to rent a stair climber.
IMG_2221 (resized).jpegIMG_2221 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#10060 4 years ago

Is there anything better in this game than hitting a bullseye on Dauntless? Love the metal on metal 'CLANK' and accompanying sound and light show.

Only wish I could load the cannon more consistently. What's a good strategy for loading the cannon once the door is open? I can't find any consistent shot for getting it in there. At the moment I more or less flail and hope for the best.

#10112 4 years ago

Nice work on all the 3D models Agima! I've ordered a roll of 'coffee' colored filament for the printer.

I wonder if there's enough depth there for a gold chest, or a pile of gold, something like that. To go thematically with the 'spot gold' targets. Might see if I can come up with something.

#10236 4 years ago
Quoted from Agima2000:

Last hole closed.
STL templates as usual at thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818[quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine printed and installed today. Thanks again!

IMG_2321 (resized).jpegIMG_2321 (resized).jpeg
#10252 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd paint it chocolate brown so it matches the ship's "wood."

Agreed, I might paint it darker brown and do a black wash on it. But it really looks pretty good as is, better in person. The color matches the deck color pretty well, so it doesn’t look out of place when the game is rocking and rolling.

#10270 4 years ago

Well if Automated is out, these have to be nearly gone, at least in the US.

#10294 4 years ago

My TLDR JJP POTC Review:

I thought the praise this game was getting was hyperbole. I had fun playing it at TPF, but put a deposit on Wonka. After seeing all the love this game was getting, plus the fun I had at TPF I thought I would take a flyer on it. Particularly because of how scarce they were getting. I figured I could get Wonka later, but this might be the last chance for a while on this one. So I pulled the Wonka deposit and ordered an LE from Automated. And wow, I’ve had this machine for a week and my Q rating for a pinball machine has never been higher.

To be honest, Day 1 (week ago) I had some buyers remorse, my machine came loaded with every single one of the Top 10 defects. But it was here, and on my second floor, so it was staying. I’ve spent the last week working on the issues, using advice from LTG, Zaphx, Vireleand and many others and also leaning on JJP where needed (Steve has been great). And I’ve got the machine dialed in pretty well now. Add to that the outstanding mods from Mezel and Yelobird, and this machine is just about fully blueprinted.

This is peak pinball right now as far as I’m concerned, and this isn’t hyperbole. It checks all the boxes; art, graphics, sounds, music, voice work, layout, rules and world under glass mechanical magic.

Tonight my family and I were finally all able to get together and play this one, and between figuring rules out, activating the toys and plundering (bedlam!) we all had a great a time. And that’s really what this game delivers in spades, pinball joy. So thanks to the team that made this happen, you’ve raised the bar again and I can’t wait to see what’s next. That’s all for now, if you got this far, thanks for reading.

#10347 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have not looked on here to see if this has been answered, but does anyone know how to get the Arr Frenzy started?

I believe after completing PIRATE lanes 3 times it becomes one of the PIRATE award choices and a mystery award possibility.

#10348 4 years ago

#10364 4 years ago

Think I found a bug, or my machine has an issue, Apologies if someone has mentioned this. When you restart a game before the current one has ended, ball search timer doesn’t reset. So if you don’t launch Ball 1 of the new game fast enough, within just a few seconds, it goes into ball search with a ball sitting on the shooter lane switch.

It’s 100% reproducible.

#10484 4 years ago

I've been playing with Pintel the past few days to try stacking Arrg Frenzy with multiballs. Had some good success with it. But my highest score has come with Angelica, at around 1.3M.

#10645 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Anyway thanks for confirming my kraken is not the only one that sits low and pushes the diverter down. With the plastic underneath the kraken still sits properly and the diverter can raise unaffected by this mod.

My kraken pushed the diverter down quite a bit as well, after install had many more toilet flushes than before. I tilted mine up w/ rubber feet, not ideal, and the kraken still pushes down on the diverter a bit, but shots go around the maelstrom much more consistently now.
IMG_2424 (resized).jpegIMG_2424 (resized).jpeg

#10689 4 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Where do I locate the switches?
Should I turn down the cannon coil a little bit?
Thanks!

Not sure exactly where the switches are, one is an opto inside the ship I believe. This is a pretty common problem, I get those two alerts all the time. And it's 99% likely that you're only getting them because they haven't been hit in a few games. Just pop the glass with those errors up, rock the ship and one should go away, put a ball in Dauntless target hole and it will clear the other, and verify that each is working properly.

While the glass is off you can start a game and test your cannon to make sure a hit is possible. If not there are posts linked either here or in the tech thread on how to align the Dauntless.

1 month later
#11393 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone able to make the action button more reliable? Mine seems to stick a lot.

I got a replacement sent to me by JJP, problem free since.

1 month later
#12017 4 years ago

If he's sending playfields for those of us with severe bubbling then my faith in JJP has been restored and I'm back in on WW.

Can anyone with bubbling and no chipping confirm they are getting a replacement playfield at no charge?

#12019 4 years ago

Awesome! That's all I ever asked them to do.

1 week later
#12208 4 years ago

I opened a ticket with JJP a week ago, no response. Also emailed my distro, also no response.

2 months later
#13088 4 years ago

They should both go up the same, search here or in the tech thread, the fix has been discussed.

4 months later
#14724 4 years ago

I am terrible at this game (and pinball in general) but want to get better. To give you an idea my average score is around 100k and a good game for me is 300-400k, my all-time best is ~1.4 million.

Can someone give me a simple / repeatable strategy to follow to maximize score? Which character should I use for that strategy? I plan to practice a simple strategy and kind of build from there.

I'm also looking to get better at bumping, nudging, and flipper skills so if anyone has links to any videos or resources showing universal pinball skills I'd appreciate it. I've found a few out there from Googling but not a ton. Thanks!

#14728 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Here's a good video explaining a couple of strategies for high scoring

Thanks, I hadn't watched that one, very helpful. I immediately put up a pretty decent (for me) score after watching. Barbosa -> Dead Man's Chest -> Play Better = Profit.

#14734 4 years ago

My flippers rarely have the power to backhand the chest lock, I might bump power a couple points to see how that works.

2 weeks later
#14849 4 years ago

Actually had a ball make it to the top of the apron. That one was a PITA to clear, as you pulled the glass down, the ball rolled down further binding the glass from sliding out. Fun fun. I raised the apron rail a bit, hopefully that prevents it in the future.

#14855 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Slide a ruler or something thin in and push the ball back so it clears the playfield glass. Then slide the glass out.
LTG : )

That's exactly what I had to do, carefully used a screwdriver to move the ball over to where the plunger is, it dropped down into the cabinet, but I was able to get the glass off.

5 months later
#15689 3 years ago

For the first time in my life I hired someone to move a machine when Pirates landed. Felt like such a wuss but would do it again in a heartbeat.

#15691 3 years ago

Since I was kicked out of the VIP section at the recent GnR concert I'm planning on keeping the POTC a while longer. Has anyone ordered the opening chest mod recently? Have all the kinks been worked out? I was holding out for a mod that used the forks like on the proto, but I guess that one isn't happening so may jump on @harryhoudini's mod.

#15694 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Works well. My trunk never closed perfectly but it was the sculpt and not the mod. It was pretty close to perfect, I just tend to notice little details like that. Pretty easy to install too. I think it is the best bang for your buck mod for POTC.

Right on, order placed.

#15721 3 years ago

Since it includes the WIFI and BT update they may have wanted to wait until after GnR so it could be first. I don’t think it will be long now.

#15753 3 years ago

The actuated chest mod arrived today and got it installed. What an amazing upgrade! I asked earlier, and for anyone else wondering the latest version is quite a bit better engineered than the version in the how to videos. Nice work @harryhoudini.

#15770 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Can you please take a high res picture of it and post it or upload to Dropbox? I would make a donation for this.

There's a high res version of this in the PDF manual, page A-24. It doesn't have the pirate themed background though if that's important to you.

Otherwise, the best online version I was able to find is attached. Good luck with it.

POTC-Rules-Flow.jpgPOTC-Rules-Flow.jpg
3 weeks later
#16000 3 years ago

I fixed mine simply by stretching the tension spring out to add a bit more tension. I know this might not fix it for some, but it worked here and it was cheap / easy.

#16009 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

How long/hard is the chest mod to do?

Not long, the newest kit makes one of the trickiest elements quite simple. I would say it was less than an hour between glass off and back on.

#16010 3 years ago

Duplicate post.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=jarozi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.