(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3878 5 years ago

Good Evening everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a NOOB and received my CE POT #249 last week. To say it's an awesome game is an understatement! I'm glad I found this site and look forward to reading thru all the posts. Did have several problems with some stuck switches but have them all resolved! A special thanks to ModCouple for all the incredible mods. I think I've managed to squeeze all of them in, just waiting for the Kraken

#3993 5 years ago

@yelobird,
Agreed, you are killing it with these mods! I’m still waiting for the kraken and now just ordered the barrels. Man I hope I get home before my wife sees them! I was wondering, do you think a figurehead would fit on the bow of the dauntless?

#4171 5 years ago

So here is the Noobiest if noobie questions:
On the spotlights, do they just pull straight out? I ordered new ones and don’t want to find out later that you had to unscrew something first!
After a bunch of games....still trying to figure out Hurry Up mode
Lastly for the lame questions, trying to figure out the constellations. Anyone mapped them out? I keep looking and still don’t see the patterns!

#4179 5 years ago

Much thanks everyone!

#4362 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
Anyone have the post# for fixing the ball getting stuck on top of the ramp to the upper playfield? I think I remember someone using picks on which screws to tighten/loosen

#4367 5 years ago

Thats perfect! Thanks much!

#4507 5 years ago

Anyone get the upper deck pearl mod from menzelmods? Are you happy with the way it looks?

#4535 5 years ago

forgive me if it's been asked. In Liars Dice, what is betting souls all about (besides from the movie)!

#4581 5 years ago

I dont know what’s wrong with me but I cannot for the life of me figure out the constellations. Has anyone tried dumbing them down? Anyone know some good settings for the star field that will help?

#4947 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have a link to new flipper rubbers. I can't believe I've gone thru mine already!
Thanks

#5145 5 years ago

$999 from JJ. You can find them in the store

#5165 5 years ago

Does anyone know the post# for yelobirds tutorial on making a new replacement for tortuga tom? Im looking for something to do this weekend other than all the things on the wifes honey-do list! The list has builted up ever since I got this game

#5422 5 years ago

So I had no idea how addicting adding mods can be to this game. I think I'm tapped out. The only thing I'm waiting for is my DJ coming in the mail to replace Tom. Unless of course Yelobird has something else up their sleeves and is going to keep me coming back for more!

#5571 5 years ago

So I'm curious. It seems that when I fire the cannon, the shot goes wide of the hole on the dauntless, not above or below. Is anyone else seeing that or am I just the crapiest marksman ever?!

#5590 5 years ago

So I spent the night loading the cannon and firing it, the shots are hitting the right side of the hole and not going in. Want does everyone think? Is it the pearl that’s out of alignment of the dauntless?

#5623 5 years ago

There is. 6" ON STRANGER TIDES SERIES. $10 on ebay

#5682 5 years ago

That looks like a great idea @villathrills! Going to give it a shot (pun intended) tomorrow.

#5720 5 years ago

I'm in the same boat as @ramjet. can't get the cannon over after loosening it. Any pics Ramjet of the cannon and how you taped the sheet metal?

#5889 5 years ago

First I want to give a shout-out to Yelobird for the modcouple's great mods, to Lermod for the amazing lighting, and TonyC for the perfect coin shooter rod. I just installed the last mod and I have to say my LE looks amazing. I have managed to squeeze in every mod out there and even did the Friday night Tutorial from Yelobird and swapped out Tortuga Jack for Davy Jones.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone out there has any new ideas on what mod we could add and where? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

#6032 5 years ago

So here is a random, very noobie question. I'm at work and not near my machine, but how do you pull the pinballs out to replace them? I apologize for the lame question!

#6035 5 years ago

Perfect and thanks!

#6068 5 years ago

Im getting a right flipper EOS switch stuck message. Which switch is that?
Thanks!

#6083 5 years ago

So for the life of me, I can't figure out which is the right switch EOS that is stuck open! Can anyone point it out for me?

#6085 5 years ago

Thanks @zaphx ,
Still not sure where I'm looking. Is it the leaf switch that is hit buy the flipper button on the side? Sorry, I'm really new to this.

Thanks

#6087 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for being patient! It was the third wire on the left side that runs to the right flipper that broke off. Will solder it tomorrow AM. You all are awesome!

#6160 5 years ago

Need some more help. The post that pops up in the left orbit under the dauntless seems to be getting stuck half the time. I think I recall some posts talking about that with a bolt being lose. Does anyone know which post it was or input.

Thanks again!

#6184 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Make sure the adjustment screw on the bottom of the post bracket is in place and that the post is flush to the playfield when down. Make sure the plunger slides smoothly through the hole and isn’t knocked off center or dragging or rubbing going through.

It's pretty inconsistent. Some times my shot bounces back then the post goes down, other times it stays stuck until it does a ball search. Does anyone have a pic of the screw on the post bracket?
Thanks

#6201 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

It's pretty inconsistent. Some times my shot bounces back then the post goes down, other times it stays stuck until it does a ball search. Does anyone have a pic of the screw on the post bracket?
Thanks

So I found a brass bolt inside the cabinet but I couldn't tell if it goes to the pop-up. Does anyone have a picture of the pop-up?

#6222 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Machine screw ?
Check the bottom of post assemblies, etc. It is what you turn up or down to adjust heights level with playfield. A bolt on it is tightened when adjusted so it doesn't move.
LTG : )

Here is a pic of the pop up. Looks like the screw is on good and tight. Not sure where this bolt came from

30BECA3C-2E65-4552-8C9A-FAAF9092A2B3 (resized).jpeg30BECA3C-2E65-4552-8C9A-FAAF9092A2B3 (resized).jpegCFD39860-1D30-4CA2-80FA-58D84662B5C6 (resized).jpegCFD39860-1D30-4CA2-80FA-58D84662B5C6 (resized).jpeg
#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

brass screw, check the pop up posts. one in map area, 2 in black pearl orbit(one behind boat). did u find it at back of cabinet or the front? right side or left?

thats the strange thing. i found it under that same orbit pop up in the back on the left side

#6227 5 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

You're in my way, boy.
Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#6314 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I actually wish I could push my Dauntless back a bit because in the normal forward position the bowsprit touches the back of the chest coil mech when the ship rocks to the left. Also, in the forward position the lower part of the hull does not seem to line up with the upper deck part, so it looks wrong to me. But unfortunately the canon shot misses if I push the ship back. And fyi, I googled what the pointy part of the bow (prow?) is called - the bowsprit, lol.

So I started asking about this awhile ago. My shots were always hitting to the left of the hole. I tried loosening and the fighting the ship after moving it as much as I could. Still didn’t fix it. I took a thin piece of metal and used 3m tape and stuck it on the left side of the cannon and bent the end out a little so it was making the ball hit the hole every time. I even had to bend the metal back some because the shot was now hitting the other side of the hole. Works perfect now. With @yellowbirds cannon mod, can’t see it at all

#6320 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ahoy pirate skallywags and rum lovers. A minor public announcement for those ailing from Dauntless aiming issues. This repair tip came from pirates wiser then I but works perfectly if your issue persists. Very simple to do and permanent. The Dauntless as shown is mounted with 2 standard 8x32 x1 1/2” standoffs. Replacing this 2 standoffs with 1 1/4” standoffs brings the ship to port in perfect firing alignment. I will provide a link to McMaster though I am Certain these can be found at Pinball Life, Marco and even Ace hardware last I checked. Took 5 minutes to swap and we be sinking that bloody ship every time now!
Hex stand off McMaster:
https://www.mcmaster.com/91920a252
Pinball life has them in 1 1/8” which would work fine possibly needing a washer:
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-18-to-3-116-8-32-thread-femalefemale.html[quoted image]

That looks like a much better way to do it! What was the easiest way to get the top off the dauntless?

2 weeks later
#7383 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

As I was stating working on a mod for the playfield which will cover the star map.
Here is a video sample... let me know what you think.

That is amazing! Can't wait to get one!!

#7420 5 years ago

Just curious if anyone has had their game reboot in the middle of game. I was playing (for once having a great score) when everything went blank and it rebooted. I've played it a few more times(not so great scores) and all seems well. Is this simply a computer being a computer?

2 weeks later
#8412 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just got a shipment of a couple LE replacement parts that were held up waiting for restock, so the last LEs are likely being built now.

Which parts did you order?

#8576 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I really need to read up on liars dice (even though I've only stumbled on it once... And had no idea what I was doing). I freaking love that JJP games aren't just "hit the ramps and win" kind of games.

I have to give it to JJP on their version of Liars Dice. I've played this game as a kid with my family and very happy to see it here. The stupid AI is really hard to predict. It lies half the time, won't lie the other half and makes it very unpredictable.....as it should be! Love it

#8855 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats to you Lloyd and congrats to JJP for providing us the Best and most valuable tech in the business! You are Always appreciated for all you do and hope you are doing it for Many years to come. I hope you and Prada have a Wonderful night!!

Congrats Lloyd! I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me on this thread with my machine! Hope you have many more fun and satisfying years!!

#8983 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So, just got done setting the game up. Seems to be playing perfect, everything working, but of course I don’t know what I’m doing yet. Two possible minor issues.
1. The lock bar is pretty tight to the glass. The lock bar lock mechanism is fine but it’s almost as if the glass should be 1/16-1/8 shorter.
2. Tough to push the play field down, the hangers likely need adjusting. There is a grey foam block in the back wall of the game, does that come out or stay there?
This is by far the heaviest game I have ever moved. It makes twilight zone feel like a feather. I thought the hobbit and woz were heavy, this is a beast of a game.

Congrats! It's an awesome game! Check along the track that holds the glass and see if there is anything in it near the top that is blocking the glass, ie staples or junk. That might be blocking the glass.

Yes the grey foam block is for shipping, remove it.

I need to take a fistful of Advil after playing the game due to trying to wrestle it during shots!

Enjoy

3 weeks later
#10015 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We had a rough time breaking the 1 Mil point for a while but as soon as you figure out the rules and shot map you’ll find 1 million your base in no time. How some of these guys rip through into wizard modes daily is beyond me though. Plus I suck at pinball so that doesn’t help.

lol! Me too!

#10076 4 years ago

It will definitely have the same wood plank texture and color as the rest. The wheel might look a bit out of place, but here is one thought.[quoted image]

I love it. How about cabin doors of a ship?

#10079 4 years ago

The guy I'm talking with on the 3D has done several other mods for other games with cool lighting and transparent pieces. I'll suggest both of these. I just did flickering flame lights on my WOZ (in the state fair balloon) and it looks fantastic. I think that would work well here.

Count me in!

#10088 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure about round windows. Take a look at a picture of the back side of the pearl or any pirate ship to get some styling ideas.

How about something like this?
1487597492_4907_FT0_img_6579 (resized).jpg1487597492_4907_FT0_img_6579 (resized).jpg

But smaller

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow would that be sweet if it fits
I like the horizontal planking and even that door with the top panels as windows would work if there wasn’t room to flank the door with windows.

Or something like this
https://images.app.goo.gl/y9GY1U4p6ZyAPRdn6

1 week later
#10447 4 years ago

So I'm a little hung over from a lot of rum and pinball last night. During the night of debauchery, I started wondering about a mod using a "mooring line" rope running from the left rear side of the BP down to the screw on the Maelstrom ramp screw above the flipper next to the flasher. Make a scale sized skeleton figure appear to be sliding up the rope with a knife in its mouth like from the movie. It would have to be loose enough to allow for the rocking of the playfield but tight enough so as not to interfere with the ball on the playfield

What does everyone think? Or should I just go back to sleep and drink more rum?

1 month later
#11280 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

White looks better on the sidelights, IMO. Not sure about red on the top, I prefer an rgb fade effect, it’s more subtle.
https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-translight-side-lights-kit
[quoted image]

Agreed! We have an accord

#11319 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Alright! Put rubbers under all my posts. Everyone of the f$&@ers were chipped and rippled.
Anyway happy cos I fixed my star map!!!
First I mylared in there. It was dimpled and very dirty. Then I put a big FAT post sleeve on the left post of the star map. And dremmelled the left post sling groove so the sling sits a little bit in compared to the sleeve.
Result: ball no longer gets wedged at end of star map on left hand side and left sling will not get worn out in 4 weeks. Ball sits between fat post sleeve and retractable post. Oh and replaced titans with perfect plays.
Here’s the pic for proof:[quoted image]

do you have a link where you got the sleeve?

2 weeks later
#11604 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I’m sure a lot of discussion happened in the background that we will never completely be in the know about. I’m positive the bottom line was money without doubt. I agree also that the chest and spinning ring fiasco had some part in this. It’s a shame as I and a lot of other people would like an opportunity to own one. I wonder if there is a way to quantify how much money they (JJP) are leaving on the table due to this very short production run? There will be other pins that this Potc money will go towards. Maybe it will be Jersey maybe not.

What I'm curious about is why JJP is so quiet on this? There is the thread guessing if they would make more and why or why not POTC did great or tanked. With all this talk, why wouldn't JJP (Jack) just come out and give everyone a "state of the state of POTC". By giving us the reason why production was cut short, summary of why there were problems (more so than their other pins) a possible future for more productions or not a future for more productions, availability of replacement parts and finally a vision for future updates. I'm not a business person but this could only build a lot of goodwill and loyalty to JJP. I do agree this pinball machine is amazing and love it just the way it is. I just wish I could understand the thinking behind it straight from them, other than guessing and rumors.

#11648 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Chest mod complete! Now my SE is even better lol

Looks awesome! Can't wait to do surgery on mine!

1 week later
#11804 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Wonka now on 1.10. POTC is amazing but I am anxious to see what improvements they have made. I am not worried too much about the wizard mode because I think I have some time before I get there.

What a bummer. Sure feels like JJP has washed their hands on this game. Too bad since it's so much fun to play. Just want it to move up to it's full potential.

#11807 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Naah. They stood up on Hobbit 2 years after it was cooling down, and made it AMAZING. Huge turnaround. It may take a while because they have new games to support, but it’ll happen..

Quoted from EaglePin:

Still less than one year since the games rolled out the door and they had an update in May with another one a few months before that. If they hold a pattern of every 4-5 months for a release we’ll have 1.0 by October, which I think is right around when games shipped last year.

Positive thinking. I like it!

#11810 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I’m not saying I’m confident it’ll happen. I’m just saying I think they’ve still got a bit of time until it’s time to get negative on that topic. There’s a subtle difference

AWWWWWWWWW

Quoted from PinMonk:

jjPotC as it stands is WAY more complete and deep than any Stern release in the same timeframe since release. WAY. Another release is coming. Keith already showed some screens from it, so it's just a matter of when it's released.

Yayyyyyyyyy

1 week later
#11923 4 years ago

Frustrating. I guess there's no incentive to put it out anytime soon

#11949 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

(If I am asking this in the wrong thread please let me know!)
I’ve been reading through all the old posts and saw the yelobird lantern fix.
I can’t remove the left side of the black pearl plastic due to the rear of the ship holding it down. Am I supposed to brute force it over the top?
[quoted image]

Unfortunately you are going to need to remove the BP. Once you do that you can easily remove the nuts that hold the plastic. While there you might as well do a good cleaning and check the mylar in the starmap. After you remove it a few times, it will be second nature and not a big deal.

#11950 4 years ago

All this time I've been playing my game with the volume loud and sub woofer turned way up (and my wife really loves me for that). This weekend I finally decided to try using headphones just to see what it was like. What a difference! I had no idea the small little background sounds and the quality of it! Just the complete sound of the cannons firing is incredible! And the best part is I can't hear my wife yelling at me to take the trash out!!! If you haven't done it yet, try it!!!!

2 weeks later
#12060 4 years ago

*sigh* Another Wonka upgrade......and no word on POTC....*sigh* Oh well.....Still love it!

sigh (resized).jpgsigh (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#12356 4 years ago

So what is everyone's guess. Will they release new code for pirates before their next game, after their next game or is RIP?

#12407 4 years ago

Block of wood!

1 week later
#12482 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It just puts on the screen how many balls you get per game. On the jjPotC here we've (successfully) used an extra ball perk to bridge the gap to $1.50/play (or 4 for $5) so players don't feel it's too expensive. They get 4 balls per game instead of 3. It's worked out really well. jjPotC has earned 2x the next closest pin (which is usually Deadpool Premium) the whole time we've had it out - about 9 months. That's a REALLY good record.
Given the spiraling costs of Prem and LE machines, it's ALL going to $1.50/play sooner rather than later, and this is just one tool to help with that transition. Worked out really well in this case.

Just curious. How did the pin holdup when it was out on route? What were some of the things that didn't hold up?

2 weeks later
#12739 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FYI everybody - I had ordered some replacement parts way back when, and they were out of stock. Well, today I got confirmation they are being shipped. I don’t think I’ve ever been happier to get a box of basic metal parts LOL

Great to hear. What did you order?

1 week later
#12881 4 years ago

So I've always hated having the plain tab on the Maelstrom after installing PMC's hidden switch but didn't want to cut it off in case I wanted to go back to stock. Found one of my ships from my board game fits perfectly, and the tab on the bottom of the ship that is used to fit in the board game base fits perfect on the ramp. Just wanted to share!

IMG_20191104_132649 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132649 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132723 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132723 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132735 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_132735 (resized).jpg
#12907 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I had the same idea, did not want to cut the plastic (too risky), but needed something to cover the ugly plastic piece. Originally also wanted a plain ship, but found a nice ship in a bottle. Then noticed that the black pearl was in a bottle in one movie as well, so that it fits to the theme.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! Well done. It would be awesome if there was a way to miniturize the CE topper and have it there!

#12913 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I would love to have the CE topper on my LE in original size.

So with all the incredible mods everyone has been making, I'm suprised no one has tried to make one

4 weeks later
#13146 4 years ago

Stern is selling their SW R2D2 topper for $750. I wish someone could come up with the BP ship in a bottle topper. Looks like they could make some $$!

1 month later
#13690 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a better topper? I've been working on some ideas and they are also lightly integrated with gameplay. It wouldn't be cheap but it would be easy to install and provide some fun interaction.

Count me in

#13698 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Scott, anything you can offer the curious people here. Any pictures?

I can't wait to hear about it either! I would love to see a talking skull and cross swords like in the potc ride at Disneyland right before you go down the first waterfall. "Come seeking adventure with salty old pirates eh? Sure you come to the proper place. But hold on, with both hands if you please. Thar be squalls ahead. And Davy Jones waits for those who don't obey he he he"

Anyways, it would be perfect for attract mode and call outs. Wouldn't be cheap and probably a pain to make. Just a pipe dream!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13784 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Some rendering changes for chapters, added light show intro for stranger tides, arr frenzy can be played more than 2 times...

Best day EVER!

1 week later
#14038 4 years ago

Question. If the WiFi is coming, is there a WiFi Dongle we can order now? Does it need to come from JJP or can we get it anywhere? Or am I getting way too excited for the update and need to calm down and wait?

2 months later
#14761 4 years ago

So with waaaaaay too much time on my hands I was reading about mods on other pinball machines. I saw that someone came up with mushroom covers for the spot lights on the field for WWCF. Then, after way too much rum and Guinness, I was wondering what about light covers made to look like different islands from the Caribbean and of course, Rum Runners Island. They could have ocean, sand and a few mini palm trees. Ok, that's it, back to the crappy 100,000 scores and rum. This is what happens when I stop drinking. Stay safe

#14805 4 years ago
Quoted from Meadowhawk:

You know there is something wrong when you can get 4 balls into your chest...[quoted image]

I've managed (not sure how) to fire 2 balls in multiball into the chest rapid fire like and had 4 balls in the chest. No issues, just a freak occurrance

4 weeks later
#15078 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's the sling underneath the ramp to the black pearl. You have to hit it clean without hitting any of the pops.

I think there is some confusion here. The sling is the one next to the Tortuga scoop that has to be hit with a clean shot. The sling is above the arrow and word extra ball. no other sling needs to be hit near the black pearl or anywhere else. That will register the extra ball

#15086 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just joined the club with an SE! I've already got a bunch of small issues fixed. I do have a couple questions. My tilt weight never got installed and is missing. I tried to borrow one from a Stern and it will not fit on the shaft. The hole is too small. Anyone know where to get the correct one?
My spinning disk is super noisy. So noisy I just disabled it. Is the silencer kit from Mod Couple the only fix and does it work well to quiet the noise?
Loving the game!
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the crew! Congrats on getting it.
I think your best bet will be to try to order the tilt weight from JJP. I've been dealing with Jim over there for some parts and he has been responsive

The disk silencer from Mod Couple is a must. Will it eliminate the noise? No, but it will significantly reduce it to where you won't notice it over the sound from the machine. I found that adding the white lithium grease per their instructions is a must and really does help.

Good luck and enjoy

#15097 3 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is there any ahem "easy way" the get these on other than complete removal of the PF which is not a possibility for me.

I did the wet method with the pf up and went in like butter

1 week later
#15128 3 years ago

So I am going to take JJP teaser of "Innovation is coming" as positive news! I assume they will be announcing the WiFI upgrade to all of their machines which means wireless headphones and wireless upgrades. And that will roll out the red carpet to POTC 1.0!!!!! Well, anyways, a person can dream right?

1 week later
#15164 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That would be cool!
All I really need is the ride song for attract mode and I’ll be thrilled.

Thats why I'm hoping someone can come up with a skull/crossbone topper that would look like the one on the ride that talks right before you go down the first waterfall "Pssst, Avast there. Come seeking adventure with salty old pirates eh? Sure you come to the proper place." And you could put the music on it to that he would sing along to. I know it would cost $$, since the talking skulls run a couple hundred $ by itself, plus servos and most likely an Arduino . But if Stern can put out a $750 R2D2 topper, surely this could be done! Lior? Modcouple? Anyone?

1 month later
#15352 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

So I wanted to see if I could add a mermaid somewhere on the playfield. This is all I could come up with. Haven't decided if I will keep as is or remove. Wish I could see the tail more. I might try to touch up the skin so it blends in more.

Not a bad idea. Do you have the link to buy it?
Thanks

1 month later
#15618 3 years ago

Thank you all......I just spit my coffee all over my computer reading these!!!!! Well done

3 weeks later
#15699 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Seems to have self corrected, but what sort of switch causes the most start post to come up, assuming an opto up there? For some reason tonight, and the beginning of my game it would start a mode (post would come up) as soon as I qualified one. Anybody had this happen?

On some of the chapters, if all the characters that are needed are on the lower half of the playfield, the post will come up to keep the ball down below. It is suppose to help but I've found it more of a pain, especially when I hit it and the ball comes back SDTM. There has been requests to JJP for the new update (whenever that is) to be able to disable that feature. I hope this helps if this is the issue you are discussing!

#15714 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

You are correct. No setting to increase duration or intensity?

Unfortunately no. Every time any of the map standups are hit, its spins for a set period of time

1 week later
#15785 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Any info on how to "read" the star map for next lit shot on the LE? I don't understand that part of the game at all.

That has been talked abouy before. As far as I know, no one has "mapped out" the constellation shapes and the corresponding shot. The new code (whenever that comes out) will have Carina Smyth with the constellation shot always lite

3 weeks later
#16016 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

In Liar's Dice, are 1s wild?

Nope, not wild

#16020 3 years ago

^Heavy sigh^. GnR just got their first update. Still none for POTC. I know its coming but still......SIGH! I'm sure it will make an epic game even more epic.......but...........SIGH!!!!!!

#16022 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Don't take this the wrong way... My GnR is on it's third update since I've received it. POTC update should be epic!

SIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! Lol!

3 weeks later
#16114 3 years ago

Wow! Someone just listed their CE Playfield on Ebay for $4950.00.........WOW!

ebay.com link: New JerseyJack Pirates of the Caribbean Playfield Pinball CE Collectors Edition

1 month later
#16211 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's kinda funny to me that mods are now numbered with certifications to create collectibilty hype.

Have you seen in person one of Lior's mods? It is amazing and is art that well deserves to be numbered along with a certificate. Plus Lior doesn't need to do anything to generate hype. The mods do that all on their own

#16216 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Oh yes, the mod looks very nice, but at these resale prices, that’s just silly money being thrown around. If you’ve got to have it, knock yourself out of course.

True it is crazy money, but my response was about the numbering of the piece The pieces are well made with incredible attention to detail.

#16223 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Always amazed by the little details they added. Find something new every time.

Me too! I'm going straight home to just tilt it so I can see it!

#16230 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Count me in for an “HMS topper”

Me too! Do you know if he posted any pics of the original?

2 weeks later
#16359 3 years ago

What pitch do you have your table at?

3 weeks later
#16496 3 years ago

A friendly reminder. I just replaced the coin battery on the mother board. May want to consider it, I can't believe its been almost 3 years since the release!

#16501 3 years ago

Off topic of pinball. Being a huge POTC fan, I can't believe I didn't see this before. If anyone enjoys the movies, there was a prequel made by one of the writers and made between the 3rd and 4th move. It is 10 minutes long called Tales of the Code-Wedlock. You can watch it here

Enjoy!

#16511 3 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

In order to know when to do this I guess the basic question is "What's the expected life of these batteries?" I've got Sterns that are 15 years old and still on their original coin batteries.

JJP recommends every 3 years

#16517 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm just posting these pictures here for harryhoudini so he could see them and I guess for anyone else if they had any insight. I had this figure and sent it to harry to mount on his spinning pop bumper mod. He made the mod for me and said he tested it in his game and that it had clearance. I tried installing it and the hands hit the playfield glass so it doesn't clear. I would try lowering the hands, but he had epoxied them in position when he made the mod for me. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong? I watched the installation video and I am almost sure the figure is pushed all the way down on the motor spindle. I'm hoping there is something else I am missing. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I followed Yellobyrd's directions with mounting Davy Jones. Take a heat gun to the arms and slowly heat,bend, and repeat until you get the arms where you want them.

2 months later
#16842 2 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

No more chapters or wizard modes to complete? what do you mean?

Once you finish the chapters for the wizard mode for each of the 5, then the wizard mode itself, there is nothing to shoot for those particular chapter/wizard mode. That leaves shooting for points

2 months later
#17003 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I thought about it but never got to it. 5 gallon plastic carboy for brewing beer. Ship kit off of Ebay that would fit. Though I was going to make it viewable from both sides rather than cut it in half and make it one sided.
I was thinking an Erector Set motor ( older model ) runs on AC and goes forever. Figure a way for front of ship go up and down and a couple waves going back and forth. A switch under the ship to set off bright flashers for lightening when the whip goes up and down.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi everyone,
By chance can a CE owner post a video of their topper in action with a closeup of the motor and the mechanics? I think I'm going to give it a try on replicating it using LTG's awesome idea! The manual helps but a visual will really big help
Much thanks

3 weeks later
#17041 2 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Hi everyone,
By chance can a CE owner post a video of their topper in action with a closeup of the motor and the mechanics? I think I'm going to give it a try on replicating it using LTG's awesome idea! The manual helps but a visual will really big help
Much thanks

Still hoping someone can send me a close-up video of their CE topper in action, especially the mechanics moving!

#17047 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

YouTube has a video

The ones on youtube are from pretty far back. I was hoping for something closer showing the mechanics.

#17051 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

if you look in the manual you should get a clear idea on how it works, and how it is put together.

Looked at it a lot. Just wanted to see it in action so I can get a better understanding. It's all good, no worries.

#17074 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

None of us that own a CE are interested in someone replicating the topper, and potentially offering it for sale to SE and LE owners. Part of the reason the CE was so expensive is the exclusive topper that came with it, which is why Jack refused to allow it sold separately.

Lol! First you flatter me. There is no way in hell I could make something that would be worthy of being sold. Second, I never said I was going to make them to sell. I was simply looking at what LTG posted with the bottle and model and thought it might be fun to make something out it for myself. But apparently I have treaded into the Devil's Triangle and sacred ground. I will ask no further

#17088 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Right when they did hobbit I asked them about POTC. I forget their exact reply but it led me to believe they are working on one.

I hope so too! I just hope they check with and get clearance from the CE Topper Gods. Must not anger them!

1 month later
#17224 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I submitted a request and never got a reply

Check your Telegram account. That is where you will see all the posts. Go to November 3, there you will see the link to download the Beta

1 month later
#17340 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont think I want to eat at red lobster anymore.

LOL!

4 weeks later
#17371 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Very cool! I want your topper

That is a very cool topper. Don't let the CE owner's see it or they might get mad! LOL! Welcome and enjoy

2 weeks later
#17443 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Is the ball save supposed to be on for factory settings? Didn't buy may game new so don't know if previous owner shut it off in settings.

Factory setting for ball save is off.

4 months later
#17668 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I need some asap. Mine are cracked.

I'm in the same boat.....so to speak . Would love to find a set

3 weeks later
1 week later
#17753 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Not sure if a CE will work but i remember they were available to purchase separatly as a mod addon to the SE in order to add the starmap so there s a good chance the answer is yes

I believe you can add it and it will twinkle but will not do the patterns in the map to show you what to shoot next like the LE and CE

#17759 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Is the opening treasure chest mod an easy add on?

It's really not that bad. My suggestion is after you get the chest set up, remove the fork assembly. It is held on by 5 screws and a couple of plugs. the hardest part is mounting the servo to the side. The screws are hard to threat and have the extra torque with it out of the game is super helpful. The less the unit moves on the forks, the better the movement. Be patient when you bend the switch that triggers the game and also take your time adjusting the height of the lid. Good luck!

1 month later
#17828 1 year ago

Just curious anyone heard if someone can reproduce the ramps? (fingers crossed)

1 month later
#17887 1 year ago

Welcome to belt drive. So quiet a baby could be sleeping in the same room. Video coming soon. Orders shortly after. [quoted image]

Once again Scott, we'll done! Looking forward to ordering it!

#17901 1 year ago
Quoted from twinturb089:

With the fear around here of what if …… do most pinheads buy a spare engine and transmission when they buy a new car nowadays? Jesus Christmas. I want a spare playfield. I want a spare st projector, i want spare stern flipper coils. I can buy anything and i mean literally anything and have it in a few days now with that interweb thing.

Hmmmmm, so why do cars come with spare tires?

1 month later
#18019 1 year ago

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share what a great product the belt drive for the spinning disc is and how supportive Pinball Mod Co has been. First I want to start by saying how easy this was to install. The video Scott posted is right on the money and explains what has to be done. It is 1000 times easier to install than the chest mod or even than removing the pearl. You simply unplug the spinning disc at two points, undo the 8 bolts holding it and remove it.

To say this thing is quiet would be an understatement. I didn't notice how use to the sound of the disc spinning I got until it was gone. Now playing the sound low (when the wife is near by) can be heard without the disc sound. Amazing. This probably should of been how the disc was made in the first place.

The chest mod is a "must have" mod. I would absolutely put this in the same category! Well done Scott.

1 week later
#18058 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

harryhoudini I noticed the kit came with 4 gears of varying size. Would you recommend starting with the smallest of the four?

I ended up using the 2nd to the largest gear with the motor pushed all the way out. It is as quiet as Scott showed in the videos.

1 week later
#18065 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

New belt drive disc silencer mod is amazing. Literally couldn’t tell it was running! Thanks Pinball mod co!

I agree. This is most definitely a "must have" mod

2 weeks later
#18138 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Sorry, kind of new to the POTC family (about 4 weeks now). I'm running 0.99 code now - for those that are running the Beta code, would you recommend the update?

Absolutely you should! I've had it running on the beta since it's release and love it. The Scorebit is a lot of fun. The great thing is if, for whatever reason you don't like it. Reinstall the code from JJP so it's back to original release.

#18145 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Thanks, sounds like it’s worth a shot. Two POTC noob questions:
Is there a summary of what the Beta code brings v. 0.99 - AND - where do I find the Beta file?

The main difference is adding Scorebit, wifi connection and a sound equalizer. You have to go thru the app Telegram and asked to be invited into the group

#18152 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

does the beta have a grand wizard mode?

Quoted from palmab03:

does the beta have a grand wizard mode?

No not yet

3 weeks later
#18226 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I noticed that someone posted that they have the Lior's interactive Dauntless ship mod installed on their game but it looks less detailed than the one I have on mine, where there two different versions? Below is a picture of the one that is not mine however if you scroll up and zoom in, you will see the one installed on my pin.
[quoted image]

Nope, only version and that's it. The main attraction to it is how the windows light up and flicker along with of course the lighting strip above how it creates lighting and the fire

2 months later
#18344 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Numerous POTC owners have posted that they've installed the Pinball Mods belt drive mod and were pleased with both the ease of doing so and the results. I've purchased it as well, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.
I currently have the Mod Couple fix on my game and it has not provided a substantial improvement.

I helped test the belt drive for Pinball Mods and I can't tell you how well it works. You literally cannot hear it with the glass on. Took 10 minutes to install. Like I said earlier, this is a must have just like the chest mod!

#18347 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

With the Pinball Mods option, can the game be put back to stock if one would ever desire to do so?

Very easily, just don't throw the motor gear away. You have to drill a very small hole to attach the new gear to the disk but unless you take it all apart, you will never see it. Once you put this on, you will never want to go back to the the noisy disc again

3 weeks later
#18371 11 months ago

So I'm curious what everyone thinks. What would you envision the final wizard mode "Break the Curse" be? Using the assets in the game and based on what the other five wizard modes are. How would you do it? I know Keith at JJP is being buried with all the codes that need to be updated along with running the betas. Hopefully we will see a code update soon!

2 months later
#18473 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

On Hobbit and TS4, you don't even need to do that.

Yes, you have to go thru the Beta. This just brings it to recognizing the WiFi dongle. Once it does and you connect it to your WiFi, it will allow several of the beta updates up to Beta7. I don't know about Hobbit and how it was done without going thru the Beta but Toy Story and Godfather were released with the WiFi built in so there was no need for a USB Stick to put it into beta.

#18476 9 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I think hobbit had an official release with WiFi at some point. I don’t think POTC .99 has WiFi

POTC doesn't in .99. That's why you need to join the Beta and go thru the updates which include the WiFi, Equalizer, Presets and fixing a few audio clipping issues. If your more comfortable just with the character changes, stay with .99

5 months later
#18710 3 months ago

Just curious is any POTC owners have switched their IO boards for the new enhanced ones to improve the flippers? It's the hot topic on GnR thread. $400 is tough to swallow but it would be nice!

For those who haven't been following, here is the start of the thread::::::

Just trying to find some technical details on exactly what this does and why a new board is needed for it. I know it "improves flipper performance" but there is no details on exactly what that means and how/why this board does that. I don't suppose anyone could add some specifics here?

Thanks!

https://www.pinballlife.com/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-io-board.html
Enhanced driver board suitable for all Jersey Jack Pinball machines, with the exception of Wizard of Oz.
This I/O board is the latest revision, meaning it will improve the flipper performance in older machines.
Reference numbers:
Hobbit - 15-4001-01
Dialed In - 15-004001-03
Pirates of the Caribbean - 15-004001-01
Willy Wonka - 15-004001-01
Guns 'N Roses - 15-004001-01
Toy Story 4 - 15-004001-07
The Godfather - 15-004001-08
Elton John - 15-004001-09
Jersey Jack Pinball #15-004001-FP.

1 week later
#18717 89 days ago
Quoted from Heater:

Just curious is any POTC owners have switched their IO boards for the new enhanced ones to improve the flippers? It's the hot topic on GnR thread. $400 is tough to swallow but it would be nice!
For those who haven't been following, here is the start of the thread::::::
Just trying to find some technical details on exactly what this does and why a new board is needed for it. I know it "improves flipper performance" but there is no details on exactly what that means and how/why this board does that. I don't suppose anyone could add some specifics here?
Thanks!
https://www.pinballlife.com/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-io-board.html
Enhanced driver board suitable for all Jersey Jack Pinball machines, with the exception of Wizard of Oz.
This I/O board is the latest revision, meaning it will improve the flipper performance in older machines.
Reference numbers:
Hobbit - 15-4001-01
Dialed In - 15-004001-03
Pirates of the Caribbean - 15-004001-01
Willy Wonka - 15-004001-01
Guns 'N Roses - 15-004001-01
Toy Story 4 - 15-004001-07
The Godfather - 15-004001-08
Elton John - 15-004001-09
Jersey Jack Pinball #15-004001-FP.

Same here!

1 week later
#18732 80 days ago

Quick question. Is there anywhere to get the skull screw head covers? I remember seeing them a few years ago and now can't seem to find who is still making them. Much thanks!

#18739 75 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I'm not familiar with these. What exactly is a skull screw head cover? Where do they go?

They are like these but shaped like skulls. I could of sworn I saw someone selling them several years ago but I was probably drinking too much rum at the time!

#18748 72 days ago

I was picked to try the ĤerulEase on my POTC I/O board. It is amazing. I am the original owner of my pirates and have done all my repairs. The most I have done when it comes to soldering is attaching a broken wire. The thought of desoldering/soldering a board pretty much intimidated me. I resigned to either spending $400 or pulling the board and shipping it off. I am so happy that I waited and bought this.

First off, the instructions are spot on. The pictures alone explain everything you need to do. The entire install took less than 10 min. It is as simple as attaching two wires to the board via screw that holds it, replacing two fuses and then securing the caps inside the Blackbox. Really that simple.

As far as performance, it is as great as everyone has said. The flippers are snappy and quick. I had to turn down all the coils, and playing with them now to find the sweet spot. Much easier chest shot, Bayou hole and ramps. Star Map really flings the ball and you can tell the magnet grabbing the balls is stronger.

The Must Have Mods for this game are the Chest mod and the spinning disc belt. Now there is one more and this is it. No matter how you change the caps, this is the easiest.

#18752 71 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Can you please tell me where to purchase the ?erulEase - I was going to buy a pair of new boards but they are out of stock.

I know Altan is building the kits now. Just PM him altan

#18753 71 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

My thoughts also

For all the same reasons many JJP owners are spending $400 to swap out the IO boards. The increased power from the capacitors. If you haven't read up on it yet, here you go

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board

1 month later
#18852 12 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

So a brand new POTC owner. I am about 10 games in and have my first issue that seems a little on the serious side. During play, a ball got stuck under the left flipper on the upper playfield. After that happened, the whole thing tilted hard left and dropped about 1/2". I stopped the game, cleared the ball. Then I went to the test menu and tried to recalibrate. The whole thing is leaning left and now down pretty darn far. When I try to lift it back to the right position, it just falls. Further the servos sound like they are laboring big time now.
Any thoughts or ideas on this would be apprecicated!
Dave

Sounds like the Upper playfield came loose and is out of the pin. Search in this thread on how to remove the upper playfield if you have not removed it before. It may look intimidating, but it really is straight forward. It basically involves removing the cotter pin that connects the motor arm to the playfield pin. Then removing the bolt in between the upper playfield and back of the playfield. Slide it forward, then back off the pins. You have to play with it a bit trying to line it back up, but you will feel/see when it's back into place. Again just look up how to remove and install it. Good luck

#18854 11 days ago

Thanks, I will give that a try. Is there anything to proactively replace since I am going thru this process?

If you have to remove it, be sure to lift the playfield and lo9k at all the wires coming from the pearl and note where they all plug in. I numbered mine and I think there is 6 or 7 plugs. Under them first. Put the playfield back down and do the removal. If you are careful, you can twist the playfield around the VUK and pull it free. Be sure to set it down on a soft towel. Now you have access to the Stanfield area once you remove the plastics. You can clean/wax there and replace the rubbers there. Then reverse order, being sure to push the all wires back down the hole. The first couple of times you do this takes patience, especially getting it back on the pins. Just take your time!

#18857 11 days ago

Sooooooo, any recommendations on rubber kits then? Since I will be replacing them. Mine currently has clears, which I don't mind, but curious what others are doing w/their machines. Lastly I ordered a set of Cliffy's, but they are not in yet. Are there cliffy's that make you need to take off the mini playfield? Wondering now if I should wait until the cliffy's are in to do all of this at one time? This happens to me all of the time where I start a small project and it explodes!
Thinking about this one, but would love others input...
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/3441

LOL. So true. If you ordered cliffy's, I would wait until then. It's much easier to get the map hole with the pearl off. While you are waiting for them to arrive, I would familiarize yourself with the JJ POTC troubleshooting/fix posts started by PinMonk. Just about every issue can be found and fixed in there. A true godsend with this game. Just know this is a pretty high maintenance game that always seems to need something adjusted or fixed.

As far as colors for the bands, it is whatever makes your boat float. Google search the game and look at pics to help you decide. Also, not knowing what is on your game, there are 3 mods that are a must. The Open/Close chest mod, the belt drive for the spinning disc so it doesn't screech at you and finally either the new I/O board, replace the caps yourself on the I/O board or the mod from Altan that just involves replacing the fuses with the new caps on them. This makes the flippers much more responsive and snappy. There are some who say the game doesn't need it, others say it is a must. I replaced mine and noticed a big difference. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=heater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.