(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

673 posts in this topic match your search for posts by harryhoudini. You are on page 1 of 3.
#7746 4 years ago

Does anyone sell Titan that also sells star posts? I see that Marco doesn't... it looks like Bay Area might. I was hoping for Marco or PBL. Are the Perfect Play close to Titan? Or are Titan just that much better? Or is just because that is what is OEM?

Also, I'm putting together an order... I have the 6 star posts and all new rings for the PoTC I just picked up used/routed a bit. All the rubbers need to be replaced (all black colored now) and I can clearly see the dimpling on the sling posts (one of them had some chipping now where the playfield wood is showing). Do I need some sort of soft washer to go under them?

As far as I can tell the game plays fine. Ship works nicely, nothing is protecting the wires so I'll do that when I install the rest of the cliffy kit that came with it. Also came with the gear mod for the spinning disc, so that was nice. Need to install. So not sure I need anything else, but open to suggestions

One more question... I recall reading here about audio clicking/cutting in and out. I believe that one of the fixes was to move some audio cables in the cabinet away from electrical? Can someone point me in the right direction?

#7749 4 years ago

Does anyone else have consistent issues with the ball flying out of the top of the maelstrom? Seems like even a moderately powerful shot has it flying right out the top. I thought maybe there would be a mod like a netting or even a basic, minimal clear piece to keep the ball in. Maybe the modcouple kraken would do it, I was going to order that anyhow.

#7752 4 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I used to have that issue occasionally until I installed the Mod Couple's Kraken and Maelstrom Battle. Has not happened since. If you are going to add those two mods, you might as well load up on all of the others (you will end up wanting them anyway) and save on shipping.

HAHAH... as I was waiting for replies that is exactly what I am doing. I'm gonna leave a few that my wife can get me for my birthday

#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok just for product reliability sake.... lol Yes the Kraken can help reduce ball flight but know that he was not technically designed as a catcher lol. Sounds to me like the previous owner dialed up the right flipper power on your game I suspect because they had truck load shot issues. (all guesses here) I think it would be best to lower the right flipper power a touch to see if that stops the ball flights. From this thread you already know how to adjust the truck fork to work correctly. Just trying to save a Kraken any undo harm lol.

Hah... makes sense, I'll check that power.

#7757 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok just for product reliability sake.... lol Yes the Kraken can help reduce ball flight but know that he was not technically designed as a catcher lol. Sounds to me like the previous owner dialed up the right flipper power on your game I suspect because they had truck load shot issues. (all guesses here) I think it would be best to lower the right flipper power a touch to see if that stops the ball flights. From this thread you already know how to adjust the truck fork to work correctly. Just trying to save a Kraken any undo harm lol.

Yup, power was turned way up. No more flying balls now!

#7761 4 years ago

Hooollleeeeeeee shhhhhhiiiiiiiizzzzzzz.

This is the most immersive and deep game I've ever played and I know I'm probably only taking in about 10% of it, maybe. My brain is on fire! I sort of scoffed at the whole "5 bazillion game combinations" as a marketing ploy, sorry about that, I was wrong. Oh, and btw, thanks JJP for the extra button and 2nd display, I finally have enough places to look at and pay attention to.

Oh, and "Hit the action button!" or "Hit the button to collect gold" (something like that) ... I say, "uh, no thank you!" ... I'll keep my hands right where they are, you've burned me enough times. Fools-gold me once, shame on you... fools-gold me thrice, something something.

In my "excited on the way home with a new game post" someone said "GOAT", I said, "what is that?" ... "Game of All Time" ... uh yes, yes it is. I'm really blown away. When I played it on location the volume was down and, of course, it was a loud-ish bar so you miss about 15% of the interaction that way. I was sporting like a 26 of so on the volume-o-meter when I got it home and with the shaker motor on medium I was on-board the BP.

IF the Dauntless blew-up like the castle in MM this game would be an 11/10... I mean, I heard about a re-release, seems like that would some crazy "Hey, how can we charge $15k for a machine?" kind of determination.

For anyone that said this over DI, thank you. LE over SE, most definitely if you can. That cabinet art and playfield are so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. To all the other LE owners, you are welcome. This one is off the market for the foreseeable future, so scarcity just went up.

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I want to play DI in a home setting for sure!

Yup and a Hobbit.

#7781 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I think I'd describe the clear as "gummy" and "pliable" as opposed to past games like Hobbit whose clear was rigid, leading air balls to shatter inserts internally and causing the playfield clear to occasionally crack.
The offshoot of this different consitency is a much quicker to dimple playfield even without airballage.
But with the man overboard ball drops in particular being an regular occurance, I'd definitely not have it any other way.

I cringe everytime a ball drops off. I haven't looked but I have to assume there is mylar over there, right? It's where the shooter lane drops off too.

#7795 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, that's kind of how I feel, hope for.
Side note, the one photo for the Black Pearl Cannon Shield was really horrible quality. I installed mine last night, (really just a matter of fitting over two of the existing Chapter Select plastic screws) and figured I'd take some photos for anyone interested in getting this.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=POTCCS_UK[quoted image][quoted image]

How important is this protector?

#7820 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I don't know. I never had an issue with a missed cannon shot.

#7821 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very FEW are still out there, but it's a cash in hand situation. No haggling.

I only happen to find one locally, I don't know of any others that exist. I heard about one in Tacoma, WA but not sure if it is an LE, might be a standard. No distributor has one that I can find, JJP doesn't know of any, none in any online sale, etc. Found a few CEs and several SEs.

#7831 4 years ago

Are any of the lighting mods (chest, scoops, etc) from lermods or mezel actually controlled by the GI or interactive lighting? Or are they all independently lit unrelated to gameplay? I assume the latter but am hoping for the former I suppose with the JJP lighting system it is a bit much to have these minor mods correlated to gameplay. Seems like pinstadium is the only light mod that is integrated.

#7847 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Our mods, trough and chest lights, hook to the spotlights so the mods go on and off whenever the spotlight goes off. The issue with making them interactive is you have to tap into the light boards, and that’s likely not a safe thing to do. Our chest light does have a dimmer with several different modes. I will have a game in May I hope so can take a closer look for other connection points.

Thanks! I have the mezel winky mod on my WoZ and wish it was interactive.

#7878 4 years ago

So what is the consensus on the star posts and washers? Sounded like the start posts are also causing dimpling? Did anyone have success with any kind of washer under them? I was thinking a fiber/felt or rubber washer would give some cushioning but sounded like they raised up the posts and that was an issue?

#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They do cause dimpling and this is with a soft silicone washer. Don’t do it until you’re chipped at which point it doesn’t matter. Raising the posts hasn’t caused an issue for me. I had some sling issues caused by worn out rubber.

Yeah I have a chip in the lower left corner post. So I'm doing the star posts to cover that and prevent more chipping. Do you recommend the washers?

#7883 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My personal take - and I’m just a guy here, no special wisdom - is that if you’re doing the stars, adding the washers is a good move to keep from getting new, larger, Star-shaped chips.
Time will tell if I’m right or not.

Source for washers?

#7884 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Here is that photo you requested showing the washers:[quoted image]

Are those regular metal washers? IMHO that doesn't look so hot.

#7898 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yikes!! Sorry don't like that improvement at all looks way wrong. IF you feel you need some washer support at least consider getting a clear washer solution. To cheap to do it wrong in my opinion. Titan as do others sell them cheap. Personally, while I don't see the need for any of these post fixes (Any compression to the clear coat will leave an indentation but who cares??) The issue from the start was the factory used slim line standoffs that were incorrectly molded with a sharp bottom edge. Add to that it looks like the assembly worker was torquing these Way too tight. There is nothing new with these stock standoffs and they have been used on Hundreds of games.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134

Seems like all clear washers I've seen would be too big. I'll going to measure a star post to compare. But the soft washers look good!

#7914 4 years ago

Personally, I'm definitely not using metal washers under the posts. Either I'm going to find some clear PTFE or whatever washers that have a similar diameter, maybe I'll entertain mylar (although this seems problematic due to providing very little resistance against the clamping force of a screw and it will likely pucker up when cranked down even a little). I think a silicone, fiber, rubber, neoprene or even maybe vinyl washer would be way better suited if we're trying to keep a sharp circular edge from indenting into a soft playfield. The again, I don't see why these need to be clamped down so much.

#7924 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Interested what you decide to do here. Definitely sounds like you have options.
I may do something down the road, but I’m just not concerned with it atm and won’t see it in the dark anyways whenever I get back to playing.

Waiting on the star posts and then I'll see what I can figure out. Thin and malleable seems ideal, which is why I may go with a felt washer if I can find one that can fit or easily be cut. Maybe rubber/neoprene but those will be black.

#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I'm pretty surprised at how affordable most of the stuff in this store is; good on JJP for not gouging. I wonder how long they'll keep things like playfields in stock, though.. doesn't seem like any of the other games have them in stock, so probably not too long.

It's an odd dichotomy with JJP. Some things are completely reasonable, cheap even. Some things are a bit ridiculous. Dealing with light boards on my WOZ right now. JJPs shipping costs are also a bit crazy... $27 for a t-shirt, spotlight fixture and hex standoff. The label they put on the box says it cost $9.

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Pinballs.com website says they have a few left
http://pinballs.com/

They don't.

No one does that I could find.

#7978 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Someone will buy it at that price. In another thread I mentioned that we were considering a pin to sell and that my POTC LE was one of them. I had no less than 10 people message me about buying it. I dare wager someone could get close to $10k for their POTC LE right now.
PS. don't PM me, my wife said to just go ahead and add Wonka as a 6th pin, rather than sell POTC. So we are keeping it. :p

Is your wife single?

#7983 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The washer link you posted weeks ago from Amazon, is what I bought, and they are really, really thick, and I think add too much to the height and pressure on the slings. I'd figure the star posts also displace pressure more directly into the playfield versus the direct vibration of the regular posts.
I'm not really sure what the answer is really.
I did take photos of an older game on route in Ohio last night, and these posts had severe issues.
Here's the screw eating into the BP ramp also...

Playfield plus rotisserie $1250-$1300 plus hours of patience and the knowledge required for a full swap, plus waiting years on that investment while money for another game sits locked up in a playfield that will just sit there, doesn't seem like a good idea compared to $80 in Cliffy's, and just accepting damage will come over time. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seeing these constant issues with the posts makes me feel like, with a game this new, JJP should be offering some resolution for owners. I'm not sure how they handled the WOZ playfield wear issues (TNPLH pop and the forest pops) but I had to buy a decal set to cover them (which I haven't installed yet). It seems like, at minimum, providing a star post and washer kit that fits cleanly and still provides the same gameplay and operation. WOZ issues seemed to appear after some time and game play (ball constantly hitting a specific area) yet the post issue seems to stem from the post being too narrow and the playfield being too soft or the tension being too much. Either way this seems like a manufacturing defect and not a wear issue over time.

#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I wondered if the clear on the CE is different. I had an SE they dimpled very quickly. The CE I bought has hardly dimpled at all.

Mine is a CE and is dimpled and cracked quite a bit.

----- STRIKE THAT! I have an LE

#7991 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

You think its a softer playfield? Looks like the post was loose and moved. Smaller metal washer usually works great. I thought these playfields had special clear.

I don't necessarily. I don't really have any definitive knowledge but it seems like either the cause is the narrow size of the posts, softer wood/clear coat, too much torque on the nuts or some combination. Seems like star posts have been used here for years without issue on older games so what has changed with JJP that makes this an issue with the narrow posts?

#7994 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

For some reason I thought u had an LE.

Shhhitttttt... yes. LE, dur.

#7999 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I scored an LE! Im thinking the SE will sell out soon also. Debating buying both and sitting on SE NIB. Top 5 pin IMO. 120 plus modes 20 plus characters and plunder opponents score. Loop shot. This will be my first JJP LE.
Wonka not my style but look forward to playing it.

WOOO... don't horde

#8003 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And you failed to mention the number of multiballs, the “board game” within the game with Liar’s dice. The 17...17 diverters.
The number of wizard modes...
And the list goes on and on...

Ack. I haven't even figured out most of this stuff. 800k is my best so far, so much to learn!

#8015 4 years ago

IMHO the invisglass is also huge. I have my WOZ side by side and it's night and day. Shaker adds a lot. Personally I like the black legs and such. Being wowed by the WOZ lighting I was not going to settle without all the lighting options on PoTC so that is what lead me to LE. The toys are pretty cool actually.. very much inline with what the modcouple have created and I think both the JJP toys and the modcouple ones all mesh together well. The starmap actually just looks really cool, I haven't even begun to try and figure it out.

#8021 4 years ago

I would have been fine with an SE. I wouldn't know what I was missing and some of that stuff can be added. The game is fantastic either way.

#8081 4 years ago

Here's an LE if someone is still looking near the PNW (of course days after I bought a routed LE!) seattle.craigslist.org link

#8092 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Weird ad. Don't want to sell it... But I will. After 30 plays? Really? That's not even enough plays to start tweaking it IMO.

I think I talked to the guy (I think he's on here) and that's basically what he told me. I can see this happening, some people just don't play a lot and buy the machines because they like them. Sounded on the up and up. I am half tempted to get it and sell the more used one I just got.

#8096 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That is a good idea.

You guys are no help.

Who wants to call my wife and tell her I should buy another machine same as the one I just got?

#8101 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I will.
No problem.
LTG : )

You have my back in troubleshooting and matters of marital bliss, bless ye.

#8102 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I will.
No problem.

You have my back in troubleshooting and matters of marital bliss, bless ye.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I would be tempted to do it. Just be up front about it. Compared to buying a CE you will still be way ahead right?

Well... yeah... seems like a lot of work to end up with the same machine. I suppose if it was a CE I'd be more tempted. Argh (lol).

#8106 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it helps, I also bought two LE copies of POTC. Still married.

Nice work

I think I am going to hold on to my "buy two games" to get a LE or RR WOZ to upgrade my SE.

#8113 4 years ago

Got my modcouple goodies today (seemed like I just ordered them yesterday)! Flippers, kraken, railing and dog barrel. Realized I need the other barrel now... and the pop bumper caps. Arrrrgh!

0424191704a (resized).jpg0424191704a (resized).jpg
#8114 4 years ago

Btw, if anyone wants to make some more mods, I could see the possibility for some lighting under the maelstrom ramp (light blue) and some sort of actual netting over the BP ramp.

#8137 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Gameplay question (mostly)!!!! The manual says two hits on the Dauntless without it going through the hole destroys it and qualifies COTBP multiball. The past couple weeks I've noticed a few games where I've hit the ship twice without it going through the hole but the multiball didn't qualify. It seems to be qualifying multiball only when I get it through the target hole. When I hit the ship it plays the video animation for a hit, and I haven't had an error reported for Switch 48 so that means it's been registering hits. I also just took the glass off, pulled the playfield forward, and went into switch tests to check #48 by hand. When I rock the Dauntless by hand the physical switch clicks and the machine dings, so the switch seems to be okay. It does seem like the ship has be rocked almost completely left for the switch to click though, and if it only gets rocked halfway left then the switch doesn't click, so I guess maybe it's possible some of my missed shots just didn't rock it far enough left? I thought I had a couple of games where I twice got the animation for a hit without it qualifying the multiball, but I could be mistaken. Just thought I'd see if anyone has had a similar experience. Meanwhile, back to work playing & getting better at the shot so this becomes a moot point!
Should I put mylar on the side of the ship to protect it from missed shots? Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. I truly went back and forth on whether or not to make that joke but I couldn't help myself.

The switch isn't a leaf switch, it's a roller switch, and it has an adjustment slot cut in to one of the mounting points so you can adjust how far the ship has to travel to trigger it. I had to replace mine today and adjusted it so the ship had to move about 1/2 way through the travel to trip it. Not sure if that is right, but that's what I set it to. You can get to it easily by just propping the playfield up and just need a small set of pliers or wrench to get the nut loose. It's a tiny freaking nut, no idea why they didn't use screws like everyone else and their brother.

#8139 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to ask as my wife and I had an evening of competitive pirates and Most times we follow the pirate code (which is more of a guidelines anyway) but in this case she had pretty much the best game she ever had score wise then I lucked a Plunder half points.....lol Definitely damped the mood when I followed the pirate code but come on! How many of you have special pirate codes on Plundering depending on who you are playing against and as a team do you gang up on one person to feel real piratey! I so love this unusually gratifying element of the code, so fitting of the theme. Granted I am sleeping on the couch tonight.....

HAH! We've only played multiplayer once and she plundered me (we both had no idea this was a thing) but our games are so low scoring it didn't matter I also got liars dice somehow once and had (still have) no freaking clue what I was doing. I need to read the manual.

#8205 4 years ago

There were no extra slingshot plastics in the goodie bag. When I called JJP I was told to spend $100 for a sheet, they don't have loose spares even of the slings.

Dangit... I just asked them as well. Do you know how many sling pairs come in a new set? Maybe we can split it

#8207 4 years ago

Anyone know what the black plastic "plugs" are for that are included in the goody bag? I don't see anything in the manual about them.

#8208 4 years ago

There were no extra slingshot plastics in the goodie bag. When I called JJP I was told to spend $100 for a sheet, they don't have loose spares even of the slings.

My goody bag has the spare plastics, I just confirmed.

#8211 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

For the topper installation.

AHHHH, nice!

#8214 4 years ago

Someone installed the 6 spotlight kit on my WOZ before I got it and I really love the fact that it allows me to play in the dark. Looks like they took some inspiration from feedback or a kit like this to light up PoTC, which is awesome, except the white lights really kill me. That's one of the things I dislike about Sterns, it seems like they just throw a bunch of white spotlights on it and bam, lit game. The previous owner of my PoTC had the LED trough and backboard lighting installed. Single color, white, always on 100%. I unplugged that, it was way too bright on the backboard, killing the starmap effect. I am going to reinstate the trough lighting, need to rewire a bit, wasn't a great install.

So, what I did as a fix for the lighting is do what they did on my WOZ, install purple lighting. After a bit you don't even notice it is purple, it looks almost white once you get used to it. It's dimmer, easier on the eyes and really compliments the games, IMHO. I am going to add another spotlight to the right sling, not sure why they installed two on the left and none on the right. Also going to see if I can get one situated near the kraken/maelstrom to point at the dauntless, it could use some lighting.. probably a blue spotlight would work.

Otherwise, all the spotlights are converted to these: https://pinballbulbs.com/products/flasher-906-purple-flat-top-pinball-led

Pictures don't quite do it justice, it's way more purple in the photos than in real life.

0425191500_HDR (resized).jpg0425191500_HDR (resized).jpg0425191500b (resized).jpg0425191500b (resized).jpg

#8217 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Purple and blue are actually worse for your eyes than white. Depending on the wavelength they can cause permanent damage with long-term exposure if they're on the edge of the UV range. Red is the safest, but, well, no one wants a red playfield wash...

Maybe it's just the brightness of the white. I am guessing my time playing pinball isn't really enough exposure to cause issue.. but I'm just an armchair optometrist.

#8219 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're putting the bulbs in the spotlights, you can control the brightness of the white you choose.

I think someone upgraded the bulbs to brighter options before I got the game, but there aren't a lot of choices for 12v bulbs, at least pinball specific options. I know we can use car bulbs but how do I figure out the "brightness" of each... can't really go by number of emitters, most places don't list lumens, etc. Either way, I think I like the purple better. It's not as a harsh of transition from light to dark either.

#8220 4 years ago

Does anyone else have these markings? The posts are wearing through the printing. Not sure why there aren't bolts/nuts on the 3rd post.

Photo_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpgPhoto_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpg
#8225 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I always opt to have bulb condoms on hand to change any bulb color as I wish.
https://www.pinballlife.com/silicone-bulb-caps-thick.html

The only 12v bulbs I've seen that a "silicone bulb cap" (heh) would fit are the stock ones from JJP. Comet and pinballbulbs only have "tower" and "flasher" bulbs which I don't think you could fit one over. But I don't think you could get this shade of purple with a condom either, looks like PBL only have two colors

I have a bunch left over from when I went LED on TAF and ToM but yeah, the color options are less than endless

#8226 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes I do. I haven't worried about it much as I have spares in the goody bag. I touched them up with a sharpie for now. If I put clean plastics on, I will want to find some way to pad that area. Maybe a cabinet bumper, maybe mylar.

That's what I was thinking, across the board. Or... drill out the plastics and put a threaded hex rod/screw like most other games I've seen.

#8243 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do you remember what size petg washers you used?

I usually use the smallest, which seem to be 3/4" at all the sellers. The smaller the better since the radius on the sling plastics is pretty small. Titan has colored ones, if you are interested.

#8245 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh thank you! I'd been looking at these the other day. Just wasn't sure what size.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134&search=washers&description=true
Funny, that's all that titan has in stock, no clear.
These can be picked up at any decent hardware store too, yes?
And are these the kind/size you could use at the base of the sling posts too, or is that entirely different?
This is about the last step I have before being entirely functional, pinball wise anyway! That and fiddling with my Pearl ramp/wireform.

Not sure about hardware stores... I don't recall ever seeing clear. Marco and pinball life both have them. If you are going to get star posts to replace the originals then you can order it all at the same time. Marco might even have a washer to use under, I haven't confirmed yet.

The base of the posts would need something smaller to look good. I think the star post replacements are 5/16 (someone might have mentioned that elsewhere).. or maybe that is the original post size, not sure. I ordered a selection from Marco (white nylon washers) to see if they will fit but it seems like one of the accepted solutions is just to use mylar.

#8247 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I've considered trying mylar too!
Thank you for the tips.
And I'd stay away from star posts for now. Mine left a mark after a few hours, and vireland definitely had damage as well.

I don't really have an option as I already have chipping and areas where the playfield is removed and wood is exposed. I'm hoping the star posts at least cover it. I hope that I will be able to not crank them down as much and use something insulating under them to prevent more indentation.

I guess it's worth an ask if anyone has contact JJP about this? I've never bought a pin new or had one that was less than a year old, assuming that is probably the warranty coverage, so would something like this be covered somehow? It seems like this could be something that JJP should have a fix for, like they have the decals for the early WOZ games that had pop bumper wear (I happen to have one of those games).

Edit - Well, I emailed Shannan to ask. This seems like a widespread enough problem that it's worth asking JJP about.

Btw, she said they would send me out a new opto switch for the right ship spinner under warranty, so that's a good thing. I asked about getting two (might as well replace both).

0423191508 (resized).jpg0423191508 (resized).jpg0423191509 (resized).jpg0423191509 (resized).jpg0423191509a (resized).jpg0423191509a (resized).jpg
#8255 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I checked mine yesterday and can also confirm no damage from the PETG washers. I'm using 3/4"

Do you have a pic? Wondered how much they stick out around the posts.

Others reported mylar also does not cause damage, but I am weary of that because it seems like such little protection.

#8258 4 years ago

FYI, I got a really quick reply from Frank at JJP tech support who said they are going to look into the issue with the dimpling/cracking of playfield around the posts. I provided him my game info and pics, so we'll see what they say.

#8267 4 years ago

No offense, but not for me. Maybe with the wider star posts they would look better to me, but that looks too odd.

#8268 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I had this same concern.
I was one of the “lucky” ones who had metal washers already installed.
When my PETG washers come in, I can compare the difference in thickness and report back.
For sure, the metal washers will be thinner, but by how much?

Probably by about half, the PETG are pretty thick. The nylon washers I ordered from Marco were the thinnest and closest to the diameter they had, might be another option. I think the thinnest was .03".

#8270 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I hate that something this “simple” is even a concern in the first place, but here we are.

I find it sort of interesting that at this point in their existence it is an issue, but yes, here we are. From what I think I understand it's not JJP making the playfields, so might not be their cause, could be Mirco. Mine has probably been played quite a bit more than the others here but 8 months of play should not have chipping on the playfield, not even the gouging should really be acceptable at this price point IMHO.

#8273 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Just found a photo from last week. These are the wee washers on the sling posts now, as of 1/21 anyway.
One side had them stuck to all three posts. The other three were loose upon post removal.
[quoted image]

Very interesting. So they know there was an issue.

#8275 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Those would be the correct size and thickness washers to use. If thats what they added looks pretty good and that would solve the issue.

Well, that sort of helps people who don't have the chipping or denting yet ... but not the ones who do We need a similar washer for the larger star posts.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I typically get washers like that from Amazon (search Clear Washer) and there are Many options and sizes available at a low cost.

Yea, it just sounded like someone already figured out which one. The thickness is especially important since diameter is probably easily found.

#8280 4 years ago

So, neither my wife nor I knew that plundering a ball was possible. She found out tonight that it was, HA!

#8282 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ball and character are the most damaging plunders.

Well, I plundered the crap out of her.

She thought she was all cool when she took 20k from me. When mine landed on "plunder 1 ball" I was like all "ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh damnnnnnnnn!" heh. It led me to 350k, which for me on a fresh multi-player game is pretty good.

#8287 4 years ago

First, let me say Titan Pinball's customer service is top notch (not to mention their products are awesome). That being said, I have a full set of glow in the dark flipper rings for PoTC that I am not going to use. Does anyone want them? I don't see me ever using them on any game, so if someone else can use them I'd be happy to throw them in the mail.

#8289 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Posting this for a key post referencing rubber ring sizes and locations. This is in the owners manual as well. Screenshot is from vireland I believe.
[quoted image]

Titan also has a correct kit already made up (through community submission) with all the components properly chosen.

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yep. Though if someone wants to use different colors or something other than titan they’ll need the ring size and locations.

The kit has them all listed But yes.

#8300 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Except the kit doesn't tell you where a 1.5" ID ring goes or a 2" ID ring goes etc. So if you're only trying to selectively replace a few pieces without buying the entire kit, the full listed kit doesn't tell you where each ring goes, so you don't know what to buy. I literally just did this since I was placing a titan order today to just replace a few pieces and did not want the entire kit.

AH. Gotcha.

#8309 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like this idea however not sure I want to get rid of the twinkly lights.
Any possibility of a secondary location? Maybe a bracket to install behind the Devil’s Triangle above the maelstrom wireform area?

What's this all about again? Whatever it is sounds interesting...

*Hey guys, don't be afraid to make some new topics and link them. It's hard to keep up with the single level of quoting.

#8311 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You aren't using the pinside-buddy plug-in to track all the threads of interest to you?

.... not sure if this is sarcasm.... bah, you made me google it

#8313 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sometimes I cannot help myself. Drives my wife nuts in social situations.

Topical...

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, "Hey, you've got a steering wheel on your pants."

The pirate says, "Arrrr, I know. It's driving me nuts."

#8335 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Out of curiosity, for the right outlane save, do you have rubber on one or both of the posts. If only one, is it the upper or lower?

Mine only has one, on the right side post.

Quoted from gliebig:

Huh. This is my go to game when others have been kicking my butt. I find I can nudge save probably 80% of the right outlane drains. Left side, not so much.

My game, I'm assuming yours as well, has holes for both outlines where you can move the post to make it easier. Mine came to me used with the posts in the "hard' position (making the opening wider) but it looks like you can move them to make it easier (narrow down the opening).

I totally agree about the drains... we hate the "I" and "E". But bumping the E is fun and it's a huge success when you save it.

I also agree that it's a brutal game. Sometimes I can hit several loops and the map hole for the skill shot.. other games I can't get close. It's also a huge disappointment to miss the map hole once you hit the loop several times. I've also put up a few high scores for me (800k) and then every other game is 100k, give or take, if I am lucky. Love it!

#8338 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Put a few hours on POTC today and noticed that on a few occasions a ball shot up the left of the chest (Will character and yellow skull shot) would brick and come right back. Was too quick for me to see why, but would expect this to be a clean orbit behind the black pearl every time. Is there a condition when the post should be up or do I have some kind of intermittent fault?

I've have the same thing on the right orbit (through the pops), very hard to make the loop. On the left orbit (yellow skull) I have had the occasion for the ball to take flight behind the chest and end up landing on top of the star map plastic and coming down the middle of the playfield. I can't see why this would happen, maybe the ball guide needs to be bent forward a bit to prevent it from launching the ball. Wonder if this is related.

#8339 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Post helper when certain conditions are met. This behavior is modified somewhat in the next code version which will be releasing soon. Keefer can comment further.

Post helper?

#8341 4 years ago

I think that’s what it’s called - the post blocks the orbit to try to feed the upper flipper so that you can make the upper loop or map hole.

Pic? I'm not quite understanding what this is referring to. Are you saying there is a post in the orbit now that does this?

Are you referring to the white post that drops down? I thought that was only to capture the ball when you get the loop multiball (forget which one that is.. stranger tides? it's the blue one).

#8343 4 years ago

Yes that post - code calls for it to raise at times to try to feed the upper flipper.

Interesting.. that could be really interesting. Right now you really can only hit the chest lane or I guess right orbit to feed the flipper.

#8347 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Happens on mine, not super often but it happens. You have to be quick though as it tends to bounce back from the post fast.

Under what conditions? Looks like maybe this was added in v0.95 on Sept 25, 2018. I'll check my version but I don't think I've ever had the left orbit post pop up except for whatever multiball is triggered with the inner loop (on stranger tides?).

* Left orbit post assist for upper flipper Chapter shots now much more responsive.

Looks like just after that in 0.96 it was modified

* Reduced fire time on left orbit post helper.

#8349 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It pops up if you're in a chapter and the character(s) you need are in the map hole or fountain of youth shots.

Yeah, mine definitely does not do that. Confirmed I am on 0.98.

I don't see anything in the manual which is a setting for this EXCEPT "disable left post" which I doubt is set since it works for stranger tides.

#8351 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am probably oversimplifying the conditions that raise it. Keefer can chime in maybe. If it pops up in the coil test I wouldn't worry about it.

Humm.. ok, would be nice to know any conditions. I mean, I'm no pinball god, but I've definitely gone through many different chapters with many different character combinations and not once has that post popped up.

#8355 4 years ago

So who's going to write up a complete speaker replacement?

#8367 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It happens when there is not a character to collect on the left orbit shot but there is a character to collect in the map hole or inner orbit shots. Like others said, the idea is to block a shot going up the left orbit in order to feed the upper flipper and collect those characters. Personally I find it a bit jarring and I'm still trying to get better at using it because 1) I'm never expecting it when it happens & 2) the ball often bounces so hard off the post that it flies past the flipper before I can use it. Here's the explanation from Keefer earlier in this forum:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/74#post-4834845

AH, thanks. I'll pay more attention, I think it may have happened last night after we discussed.

#8372 4 years ago

"Collect the gold!!!"

How many times have I taken my hand off a flipper to watch the ball drain. Talk about pavlovian.

#8377 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

It's one thing to hit the button with one hand and a completely different thing to try and hit it with the other hand - ya know, the hand that you wouldn't naturally hit it with all the while trying to make a split-second decision on which hand to choose as the ball is zinging towards the flippers.
Good times!

I'm apparently bad at those split second decisions, lol. I have been mainly waiting to trap the ball to hit the button now... I'm ok with getting less gold over a drain on my 200k point games, lol.

#8383 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s why you select Captain Norrington as you only have to hit the gold button 1 time to collect all. Helps you work on your multihand skills.

I like having 3 chapters lit or easier multiball. Screw the gold!

#8385 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm into Blackbeard lately for longer multiball save time.

Yup, that's another good one. If you can keep those balls going the points are awesome.

#8387 4 years ago

What is the method for getting to the tortuga hole curved flap/scoop? It's held on with two screws right through the top but the pop bumper skirt is in the way. Do I have to totally disassemble that pop bumper? I think the problem I am having with the tortuga hole is that the previous owner installed the cliffy without taking off the skirt (it looks like the skirt is messed up near the screws) and didn't push the "flap" all the way back when screwing it in (likely because they didn't take the skirt off) and so every time you hit the tortuga hole with any force it pops right back out. I don't know if maybe 1 out of 50 times I've made it in on purpose. Alternately, I can make the throne room on WOZ pretty much any time I want. Granted, it does not have a cliffy but it doesn't look like the cliffy is interfering at all.

0429191955a (resized).jpg0429191955a (resized).jpg
#8389 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There should be a link in the index for this. Use an allen wrench to remove Tom (there’s a hole in the barrel.). From there it’s screws from the top of the playfield until the pop bumper is loose enough to modify the Tortuga scoop guard. I had best results by aiming it as far left as it would go and I loctite’d it down. My Tortuga fires directly into the left flipper every time now.

Oh sweet, I thought I'd have to start pulling it apart from underneath. Simple enough.

#8391 4 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Finally found a Davy Jones,followed Yelobird's guidelines and it fits like it should of been there from the start[quoted image][quoted image]

Where dat from?

#8393 4 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

7 inch neca toy that you need to modify to fit,I tried playing around with bootstrap bill but because he has arm joints it makes it difficult to get him to look good,he turns out looking like a scarecrow

Cool. This documented anywhere?

#8395 4 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Yelobirds post #2473 in this thread
But its pretty self explanitory once you get Tom off

Neato, thanks. Any other characters out there?

Jack could be fun

#8405 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Got my new Pirates set up last night! Hesitated on SE, but I wanted POTC and LE hard to find. Overall I'm happy with it and not regretting the standard. Adding shaker motor, back illumination for star map area and some colored LEDs in the GI to offset the all white. Great game can't wait to get into it more.
[quoted image]

Congrats! I'd be happy with an SE as well!

#8415 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

No issues so far, working great! An odd thing though was an extra 6th ball shipped with it, it’s a 5 ball game. It popped out of the machine when setting it up and was rusted and looked 30 years old? I wish I knew the story behind it

Having one too many balls is never good, but having an extra old and rusty ball seems like something to talk to the Dr. about.

But seriously, WTF?

#8432 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I heard there was a scoop change very early on, but I expect most games have it already. If yours looks like this, I understand it to be the latest/greatest.
If you're getting SDTMs, adjust it to point more to the left and potentially bump power slightly to the VUK. Mine is ejecting consistently into the left flipper with those adjustments.
[quoted image]

Mine does not look like that (mine is completely curved) and I have consistent issues with the ball "kicking" right back out of the hole with perfect shots. I guess I'll contact JJP?

#8435 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Already covered in the troubleshooting thread:
Tilt warnings double/triple fire, or phantom tilt for the next player following a tilt:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/2#post-4941249

That.. seems... wrong. $9500-11500 + one earplug? Was that in the goodie bag?

Oh.. and for some of us, a few clear washers to prevent the playfield from disintegrating. (Still no response from JJP on that.. guess I'm emailing Jack)

#8437 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, I found the earplug solution elsewhere online as a general pinball tip. I happened to have a bag of them so I tried it and was very happy with the result.

Sar. Casm.

#8447 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your flipper power? May be too high or the deflector bracket may be loose. The Tortuga hole on the one here has no reject problems.

My flipper power is lower than stock (I'm out of town, can't look but I know I turned them down due to Malestrom flyouts) and I constantly can't make the Tortuga hole. The ball is perfectly hit, goes "over" the hole and kicks right back out (not the coil). Emailed Steve at JJP and he immediately got back to me, sending out the updated part. Woo! That will be a much welcome fix.

#8454 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious, do you have a Cliffy on this tortoga hole? Never had a reject granted I don't have any metal ring protectors.

Yes... and I inspected the "snubber" bracket and how the cliffy was installed and I see no issues. From what I understand the design changed to fix this issue. The cliffy isn't even close to the edge of the hole (it sits a few mm outside the hole as you probably know). The ball jumps out of the hole itself, it's far past the cliffy, very much as if it hit the "back" of the hole and popped back out.

#8458 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just called JJP, my game was in one of the first batches, 10/8/18 build. According to Frank there has been an update to the snubber bracket since last October when I got the game. Not sure what the change was but it was due to rejected shots.
New bracket on the way!

Repost https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/169#post-4973065

#8472 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I've also had this even after first plung I'll loop it once and almost seems like magnet grabs it on second loop

Concur. It's not even a weaker hit. I can't figure that out and on a skill shot, after 3 loops or something, it KILLS me.

#8479 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yes it isnt a weak shot cause when I first got my game I could loop it 5 or 6 times until I messed it up now seems magnet is grabbing it and going in bp

I don't think the magnet is grabbing it, at least not every time, because I think I can sort of hear/feel when the magnet energizes and I feel like that isn't happening, at least not every time. I'm gonna have to take off the BP soon so I'll do some manual tests with it off to see if I can see what is happening, if that is possible.

#8481 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Good lord man. That is a stupid good score!

Glad someone said it.. "Hey guys, my game is not scoring a bunch of the shots, some stuff doesn't work and I just set it up but I laid down a monster score" ... I'm gonna go take a bath with my toaster.

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Don't despair, he cheated by setting the tilts to per-ball.

Uhhh..... mine is set to that (by the previous owner). Even generally tilting once per ball on the "E" outlane (sometimes I try it on the "I") I rarely save it and haven't topped 820k or so... I'm gonna go grab the blender and throw it in the bath with the toaster, just for good measure.

*But.. in my defense, my BP right spinner doesn't work! So I blame it on that.

#8490 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But no LEs. SEs aren't really that hard to find, are they?

Yes. Yes they are. Not as hard as LEs but I still only found maybe 3 or 4 in my search a few weeks ago (talked to as many distributors as I could).

#8492 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Harryhoudini let me know if ya pull the BP and see what's happening there I pulled mine once to do cliffys but really not to excited to do it again. Until I have to clean it again

I'm home Sat night from a trip, so I should be able to do it Sun.

#8495 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Thanks for the update. Anyone any idea on the final number of LE's?
The JJP website does not say anything about number production for LE or CE for POTC from what I can see. Maybe it was there and it has gone etc.
Just interested to see how it compares to their newest pin as it could also be an indicator of how much they have grown over the last year or so.
On a separate note some great advice on here I have found it most useful

200 CEs
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/POTC-Matrix-Final.pdf

#8515 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

For those with SE, by choice or missing out on LE order I put in the back illumination from Mezel mods, looks great! I now ordered $500 in mods, damn hobby.
[quoted image][quoted image]

$500... ha, chump change! I can easily spend $1000!

Why is your BP spotlight pointed to the left?

I took out the backboard lighting on my LE because it makes the starmap look horrible.

#8523 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I didn’t even notice, I’ve had it 3 days and didn’t think of it. It should be pointed back I’m guessing?

Welcome Yeah, it lights the BP playfield... should help a bit

#8524 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

But to answer one question, yes this is a real score, three ball game, glass on, although from what everyone is saying I doubt I’ll ever beat it. Do high scores carry over when the software is updated on JJP machines?

I believe they carryover, settings seem to.

I bet you'll beat it, if you can throw that kind of score down without being school in the rules then you obviously have the skill to hit shots reliably especially on a new machine with issues.

#8557 4 years ago

I think people want to know how "limited" their game is, how that limited issue will affect future sales down the road, etc.

#8575 4 years ago

I really need to read up on liars dice (even though I've only stumbled on it once... And had no idea what I was doing). I freaking love that JJP games aren't just "hit the ramps and win" kind of games.

#8579 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Youtube has non pinball videos to teach you liars dice.

You think if I can't be bothered to read the manual I'm going to go to the exhausting trouble to find a video on youtube?

I honestly had no idea it was some sort of game outside of POTC. Thanks!

#8581 4 years ago

HAHA.. I was just kidding, thanks Lloyd

#8585 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wait a minute. You have a girl friend ????
What forum are you posting on about that relationship ? I've got to read that.

Haaaaaaaaa!

#8592 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Used. Lots of mods and all cliffys, etc.

Nice! I just did the same.

#8595 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There's a mylar joke to be made about that post but I'm not going to be the one to do it.

Make sure to wrap your playfield?

#8596 4 years ago

Just in case anyone else here wanted another datapoint on the playfield cracking/chipping I took this pics at our closest barcade tonight. This is the only other POTC I've seen in person, also happens to be a LE. I'd say this is probably even worse than mine. I am going to try and find the operator and tell them about the "fix". Hate to see it get worse, but maybe that is what JJP needs? I was pondering this today, when it popped in to my brain that I have the WOZ playfield repair decals sitting in the bottom of my WOZ waiting for install, has JJP not learned from that? I suppose not.. they made some decals and all was good, it seems. I mean, my WOZ playfield is fuuuuuuuuuuudged up around all of the pops.

(And no.. I'm not just posting images of my game again! ... heh.. mine has cliffy on the tortuga and clear rings)

0504191943_HDR (resized).jpg0504191943_HDR (resized).jpg0504191944 (resized).jpg0504191944 (resized).jpg0504191944a (resized).jpg0504191944a (resized).jpg0504191944b (resized).jpg0504191944b (resized).jpg0504191944c (resized).jpg0504191944c (resized).jpg0504191948 (resized).jpg0504191948 (resized).jpg
#8598 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Discovered something interesting about the camera processing logic for the wanted pictures when playing tonight.
It uses glasses as a point of reference for your eyes. We are always trying to make wacky wanted shots and see what it will and won't accept (placeholder or standard shot of you from another game means it rejected the picture). Tonight I put my glasses over my mouth on my chin and widened my eyes. To my surprise, the picture on the wanted poster was of my neck and chest! No face! It thought the glasses were my eyes and processed down from there, didn't find a nose or mouth and kept going. Crazy. We'll keep testing the parameters of the image processing to find more cracks.

Do the pics show up somewhere else than just right after the game takes it? I never see them again and didn't notice any menu setting for that.

#8600 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They show up on wanted posters that scroll right to left in the attract mode.

Can you make them show (using buttons)? I don't think I've seen them.

#8603 4 years ago

Huh. Thanks guys, I'll check it out

#8610 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You can get to the pics with flippers. Just have to use the flippers to fully cycle through everything 2-3 times and then they’ll show up as you’re flipping through.

Seems like this should be more prominent... I mean, go through all the pain of including a usb camera, facial detection software, frame the pic, style it, etc. and the result is hidden away? At least an option (like turning on and off the tips.. which are annoying!) to show them immediately, as part of the normal rotation, etc. Next to the high scores...

#8631 4 years ago

"You're own your own if you choose to play Liar's Dice in competition mode."

#8663 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

pinball_keefer would it be possible to have a configurable ball save after star map post goes down after chapter select. I know the magnet is meant to address sdtm drains but it still happens on occasion. Great game btw!

Both this and the tortuga kickout save would be awesome.

#8672 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I have the same issue. Problem isn't so much alignment as it is the speed of the kickout varies from one time to the next. If I was getting consistent kickout speed then yes, I'd change the alignment as you suggest but I'm getting a consistent speed probably 5 or 6 times out of ten and then the other times the speeds are harder or softer with no predictability. When the ball comes out at the right/wrong speed it's SDTM instead of where it's usually hitting. The depths does the same thing for me. Sometimes it comes out of there hot and other times slower.

Same.. and I've played with the power. I have the new scoop metal piece in hand, not sure if that changes the way the ball is kicked out (unsure if it hits it) but that might be something.

#8675 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

With the star map, I cannot adjust anything. I watch the ball jump around and enjoy watching the clip. I am distracted by the theatre but I enjoy it. It tells a story. It is the one break I have in this fast paced game. I quickly look at the characters I have to shoot, plan my shots. Get back to being ready, post goes down, magnet throws ball... and then drains sdtm. Unlike other shots there is nothing I can do. Does not happen a lot but when it does it sort of cheapens the whole chapter mechanic. I do not believe this star map was ever meant to be a risk and reward target like the saucer in AFM.
A short 2 second ball save would solve it.

The rubber on the left side of the star map entrance on mine is all worn, the ball sits in front of it when trapped (I'm guessing on other games it sits behind it). So that got me thinking (aside from the fact that I'm replacing all rubbers with titan) I'm wondering if that left side rubber was modified a bit (maybe with an extra rubber) so the ball couldn't sit so far left it might always be directed at the GOLD targets. It seems like it needs ever the slightest push to the right.

#8682 4 years ago
Quoted from dkammer:

One thing I've noticed that I haven't seen discussed (only read the last couple pages):
When you receive a map reward, sometimes the standard callout for the award plays before the map animation and callout are complete. Essentially, this ruins the anticipation.
Anyone else notice this? Has it been addressed already?

I've noticed this especially with extra ball. The stupid light turns on immediately and then you are sitting there waiting for the animation and callout. Definitely ruins the anticipation. That should really be address in an update, just bad programming timing.

#8686 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I experienced the same, both the tortuga and depths are inconsistenty powered.
Slings too for that matter.
In the end I opted for the minimal power on tortuga, bumped it up so step by step so it dribbles out to the right flipper, or inlane.
Feels right, a drain from a made scoop shot sucks

This isn't unique to POTC. Same thing happens from the throne room on my WOZ. It's a bit of an adventure each time it kicks out... you never know if it's going to f-ing drain SDTFM.

#8697 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Thanks to a suggestion by 2fun, I've been able to increase consistency of a mech (on other games) with a 'spring washer' to reduce slop between the coil and coil-stop.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=spring+washer

Where exactly are you putting it?

#8700 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

In my case, I stuck it between the coil and stopper to reduce wiggle/movement.

Makes sense. Any idea what size?

#8705 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

How do I save my settings and scores before update?

There's an option in the menu to backup.

#8706 4 years ago

So what is the interaction like between JJP and the posts here? Do they get ideas for software changes by feedback in this post? Or is there a better way to provide that? Or do they not react with change based on feedback?

#8710 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Keefer watches, listens, probably laughs at stupid ideas. I trust his judgment.

LOL... so it's sort of an unofficial connection. Are there other ways/places JJP gets feedback on gameplay and software issues? I guess I was thinking it might be nice if JJP had a suggestion management system that could have votes for various ideas. I've used this function with several software companies and you get to find out about issues/suggestions you didn't know about and vote on the ones you think are important. Maybe that is helpful for developers to focus on and to find out about issues that they might not otherwise have known about. Would emailing JJP support lead to any change in the game code? It seems like it's sort of a veiled process right now.

#8719 4 years ago

Email Jen and ask to join the JJP owners google group. She can send you an invite.

Done.

#8720 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can always make suggestions here as Lloyd pointed out and if enough people see a value in the suggestion I suspect JJP (Keefer) will consider it. To have a demand line requesting person changes I suspect would be counter productive as many may not see the suggestion as an improvement. A bug issue however is always of interest to the program team.

Yeah, I mean honestly that sounds pretty sketch. Like, hoping that one guy will happen to catch your post and think it's worthwhile to look in to? Obviously I can't dictate JJP processes but there are areas where there is some room for improvement. A support ticketing system is sorely lacking, it's sort of a free for all right now. A reporting system, with or without voting, could be a huge time saver for both customers and employees. Knowing if an issue has been acknowledged, is part of an upcoming update, etc. would cut down on speculation, duplicated reporting, repeated questions, etc. Really a no brainer from someone who's used these kinds of systems across multiple industries and needs. But, it's all about business processes and how they choose to allocate resources and money.

Is this the official JJP forum? Is this the only place JJP monitors? Are employees of JJP acting in an official capacity here? Some have JJP in their profile, some don't. Like someone said, Twitter was an avenue to report an issue, but does that really help someone else who might have the same issue? I've tried to post threads here when I find an issue, with or without a solution, but how often does that really happen? How easy would it be for an owner to find out if an issue is known and if not to report it. I've never, ever, ever gotten response from JJP when submitting their support form online. I left a voicemail at 6pm PST or something and Lloyd called me back within hours. It's not like JJP isn't responsive in the general sense but there are must less expensive products that have these processes in place.

If nothing else, a centralized issue system segmented by game and maybe even release version (knowing if a fix is planned for a specific release or was fixed/released in a specific version). Reading the change text files is ... daunting. But I'm anal and a programmer (which it seems like most? pinball owners are, lol) so I see solutions.

So... will we get a ball save on either the starfield or tortuga holes? Do more people need to request it? It's just a bit confusing to me but I guess that is the nature of micro-pinball manufacturing.

*Edit, attached an image of a basic example that one of the companies I use has implemented. There are even systems that tie right in to code commit systems, like git, which handle release version tagging and relationships to opened issues.

SpamHero_Member_Area (resized).jpgSpamHero_Member_Area (resized).jpg

#8723 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I strongly believe Tortuga does not need a ball save. With the correct scoop and coil adjustments, it fires very reliably into the left flipper.
I don't think the star map is an issue either, but it could be wear on the rubber up there that I don't yet see.

I have the tortuga scoop in hand, so I'll be able to test that out to see if I can hit the hole better and how it kicks out. Also the spring washer (or other way) to possibly keep the coil from moving around. I also need to replace the worn rubber at the starfield to know more. I think that is the biggest issue, as you and others have noted, is the starfield - with nothing you can adjust and through no fault of your own a STDFM drain is a hit to the gut.

**Also, without a way to track this stuff it's pretty apparent through different issues (mine and other's sound issues, post dimpling/cracking of playfield) that this shit gets repeated ad nauseum here and beat to death.

#8724 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I can tell you the JJP folks are very interested and do follow up. You can always file a support ticket with them directly.

Heh.. no you can't, there is no ticket system. At least not that I have seen any evidence of. It's really about figuring out who to contact directly and keeping a relationship with them At least that's what I've found. I mean, if they aren't here in an official capacity (and heck, even if they are), huge freaking props to the JJP folks for even dealing with this group of misfits.

#8733 4 years ago

Not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but like I said I've never once gotten a reply from that form. No notice that I had a ticket open (with a ticket id or the like) and no response. Maybe I'm an anomaly. I can say my direct emailing with JJP staff has been relatively responsive.

#8735 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I'm sure you have checked your Spam folder and if so, that's odd...

Sounds like others are, so maybe it's limited to me. I run my own hosting company and manage our spam cloud engine so somewhat unlikely that it got caught but not out of question.

#8739 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This is where I go. They seem fairly responsive. I would give that a try. Or you could typically go to the distributor you purchased your game from most are very helpful in presenting or supporting your requests.
[quoted image]

AH... this is a different form that I've used (it's the one under support) http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/ so maybe that is the issue. Looks like the one I was using is powered by Netsuite (the ERP system JJP uses) and maybe the general contact form is more of just an email to someone. I don't believe I used the general form, just the tech support one.

#8743 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is the point of the index on the tech thread. This Tortuga scoop issue is there. Dimpling is just noise that people complain about on all pins and ignored. The cracking playfield is also on the index.

Yeah, but not all of the data is contained within the referenced post. So you still have to sort through a bunch of posts because you'll have bozos like me who ask other questions, get different bits of info, etc. from further posts down the line. I mean, keeping this off-topic stuff going, I wish pinside was threaded like Reddit. It would make these out of band discussions much less interrupting to the main thread and it would be way easier to find stuff.

#8757 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

On the subject of SDTM after chapter select, I reported this to JJ via their support form and received an immediate reply from Steve that he would pass this to the programming team. Also my game came with a cracked sling plastic and they are sending a new pair since I did not want to start replacing with spares on day 1. I asked them for some washers under posts and they are sending me those as well. Their support has been exemplary.

Glad to hear

#8759 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else wish the depths shot and Bayou had some kind of additional fanfare at times other than some obscure scoring stuff that most aren’t even aware of?
Both could be used for some kind of video mode or anything for that matter.

Yes

#8771 4 years ago

Yup, have the same issue.. which I think contributes to the SDTM drains since the ball sits further left than it normally would. Planning a tear down to do that, cliffys, etc.

#8785 4 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

No shortcut I know of. The Titan I put in to replace the original left chapter rubber is starting to chew up at that spot too. Looks like this is going to be a regular swap for all of us...

Aw crap, that's going to suck. I am also wondering why there is a plastic cover over the starmap? The movement of the ball by the magnet seems very minor (Never seen the ball pop up) and the odd case where a airball gets in there seems a non-issue. Just wondering if that plastic wasn't there if the rubber could be changed easier.

#8786 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I think zaphX is winning the post completion with over 600 posts here-impressive! I get bored of my games too quickly apparently. I’m waiting for POTC on the line but find myself wishing for a WOZ instead. Is this ridiculous (he asks the JJPOTC fan club...)?

Get both, I did. In fact on Thurs I'll have two WOZ so I'll be selling one... and I'm not that far from you

#8788 4 years ago

Has anyone experienced an issue where you shoot the left orbit with enough force that the ball wraps around the curve and flys over the starmap down the center of the game? I've had it happen several times and I don't see anything on the "curve" of the left orbit that would cause this.. the metal guide looks fairly vertical. The ball ends up on top of the plastic that covers the starmap and rolls off down the center of the playfield.

#8792 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I tried to turn my rubber but it had a lot of resistance like it was being pinched somewhere that I could not see.
I am waiting for cliffy's to replace but when I do I will probably go with a white rubber. The silicone titan was breaking on mine almost out of the box.
It would be madness to replace it with the same type. At least trying a different one gives some hope of a different outcome.

humm.. I have titans to replace it.. guess I'll see how those hold up again. I was think of some sort of "shield" right on that corner of the rubber but can't think of anything stock that would do it without changing gameplay. Maybe if it was a double post and the lower part had another rubber ring: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8247-13

#8795 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

On the white wood, it constantly flew out of there unfortunately.

When? During the magnet tossing it around? I could see that..

#8803 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It's there to stop a missed cannon shot from bouncing into the Star Map and qualifying it by accident.

Gotcha

#8805 4 years ago

Files on the root of the stick?

#8829 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone turning down the power on their main flips and slings ?. Get some crazy air balls especially on multiballs. And slings are really strong.I am on all default settings

I am pretty sure I am on the lowest setting for the pops and close to it on the slings. Before that it was CRAZY.

#8830 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Another decent score today. Biggest difference I saw in this gamr VS others was gold accumulated a lot faster and in bigger chunks.
[quoted image]

YAY, I feel validated that I get similar scores!

#8833 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It went up for me. I think there may be a physical issue on Kevin’s machine - there is a nut that can spin down and render the post inoperable.
I played a few streams last night. Http://twitch.tv/nspinball
You should see the post doing it’s thing a couple times.

I think I reported an issue as well but I believe I noticed the other night that the ball smacked the post (it happened so quick I wasn't sure if it was the post it hit). I know the post on my game definitely goes up when you start stranger tides. I just didn't recall it ever going up as a helper in other circumstances.

#8841 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I'm getting ready to turn the slings down. Since the update I've had balls hitting the GLASS coming off slings and ending up on top of plastics. Something changed.

Even with everything turned down I hit the glass every game or two. Not sure exactly why. Usually it's from the slings, I think.

#8843 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

+1 for rufus if you have a windows pc around. It is often faster than unetbutin.

Shouldn't you really change your profile pic?

Suggestion

Rick_and_Morty_-_Pickle_Rick_Poster___Sold_at_Abposters_com (resized).jpgRick_and_Morty_-_Pickle_Rick_Poster___Sold_at_Abposters_com (resized).jpg
#8850 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Really love the outlanes how the game tries to coach you into nudging. Nice.

Yeah, and it also coaches you in to taking your hands off the damn flippers. I swear there are parts of the interactiveness that were designed by someone(s) who are just a bit...

#8852 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok. Had this less than a week. Loaded new release yesterday and a mate came round to play. He owns TZ SS AND IJ. he is blown away. Can’t stop talking about pirates. Anyway he was about to go, started last game and drained the first ball. I restarted and told him you can’t leave on that. He protested but then got the grand champion. Damn. That night I’m preparing dinner ( my wife works, I’m the bitch of the house) and I cut my finger badly. Blood everywhere. My first thought “crap, I can’t beat his score tonight” - it was my pinball finger. No bandaids had to use tape and a bit of tissue. Tried to beat it after dinner, had not healed properly, blood all done the side of the machine. Half an hour later after blood loss and frustration set in. I gave up. Had another go today posted 480k which I’m happy with and now grand champ. Not anywhere close to you guys but I’m happy. Keep being amazed by this machine. I mean even the pop bumpers do something I have never seen before. I will say this though - during my highest scoring game, it drained sdtm after star map. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. Please oh please fix. But I’m happy. ARRRRRRRR! Btw, no parrots or patches yet, though I did pose with one of our pussy cats. I love this game.

That is very much close to some of us guys!

#8859 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If anyone is looking for an LE, this one looks really nice and the price is low.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79219

That's a STEAL

#8873 4 years ago

Invisiglass is really nice, but you can add that later. Shaker is a nice touch but it doesn't kill the game not to have it. The playfield toys are fun but there are cool aftermarket mods that can fix that. The rest is just dressing or fun, starfield map doesn't do much for me really.. but I have yet to "use" it. Yeah, I mean the cost v. items you are getting has value given the price of invisiglass, what it costs to powder coat, topper, shaker, etc. But I would take an SE all day long.

#8875 4 years ago

Can't you add a volume control (even if just buying the parts from JJP)? I know I just bought one for my WOZ, which surely has different requirements if not just wire length, but if it can be added by JJP and they sell the parts I would think it could be an easy addon.

#8880 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would you want external volume control for home use? You can easily set the volume inside the coin door and forget it. Do people change their volume regularly? I set it and forget it.

When you have the control you'll find out It comes in handy, that is why I am adding it to WOZ. Different times of day, different needs (talking to someone while playing versus the house being empty.. etc)

#8883 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Cannot find it on JJP site. Link if you have it. Never thought about using while trying to talk to somebody...Great idea.

Stuff like that you'll have to manually order with them. Look in the manual, find the parts you want/need and email them with the part numbers.

#8894 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Yes my order is showing up Friday. POTC Black Pearl Mini Playfield Quantity: 1, POTC Assembly Decal Set Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Playfield Assy, CE Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Plastics Set CE Quantity: 1, POTC Playfield Decal Sheet CE Quantity: 2, POTC Printed Plastics Set LE Quantity: 1. So now I can play it like I stole it and just clean and wax but keep the play field the way it should be.

Holy crap. Did that cost as much as another machine?

#8896 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

What is the cost of peace of mind.

$9500 or so?

#8908 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I got the CE and it has found its forever home. I would liked to got it for $9500.

I'm just busting your pinballs. Sounds like a solid plan, I have modified my collection so many times I can't know for sure which games are staying or I'd be tempted to do the same. I've replaced enough playfields, plastics and stuff that's hard to get on some older machines. Not fun.

#8914 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You all really find these machines that fragile that you need a replacement of everything?
My super nice Williams Indy has had the shit played out of it and in a huo environment the original PF is pretty much perfect and that is on something 26 years old.
I expect these JJp machines to last with the same sensible care and preventive upkeep.

I've never owned a new enough machine with a pristine enough playfield to know how it will wear. Here goes nothing!

#8930 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

My game awards the mystery and map awards instantly before the on screen animations complete. Anyone else notice this? Love the eye patch, I haven’t got one yet! Arrrrrrrrrrgh

Yeah, we discussed this somewhere. I was especially pissy about the extra ball award lighting up the playfield before the animation and callout. That seems like something easy to change programmatically.

#8963 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mod request for you mod makers, how about a small ships wheel or something for the pearl maybe can even design it to fit above the two targets between the spinners to help hide the ugly visible wires?

Nice one! I was hoping for some decoration on the BP boarding ladder. A real "rope" ladder on top of it would be cool.

#8969 4 years ago

Excellent mod, highly recommend. I was hoping for a ships wheel somewhere else around there.

#8971 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That helps but I was referring to the visibility of the wires from the front right behind and between the two targets.
That mod only blocks the view from the top. Was thinking a small ships wheel or something to hide that little space.

Agreed! Yelobird ?

#8975 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Why not? I have extended the deadline to midnight CST on Sunday. Hopefully that gives everyone a chance to post a score! We will recognize per-character winners as well as overall winners so please feel free to participate at any skill level.

So you're saying I just have to pick a character no one else will?

#8980 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Can we plunder?

You just made me think of something. So, we have PCs in pins now.. and cameras.. and network connectivity, presumably. How about internet multi-player with dynamic plundering and a live feed on the screen of the other player? So, you and someone else remote both start a multi-player game and connect with a QR code or something. Each person takes a turn as if they were local but when it is the other player's turn the camera (would have to be at the top of the backbox) shows their game on your LCD screen and plundering works across the machines. Heck, could even enable voice communication so you could taunt each other.

Could even add in some further controls ala those roller coaster rides where bystanders use buttons to shoot water out of cannons at the riders. So a remote "standby" player could use their flippers to control elements of the game (the rocking of the ship, for example).

I'm sort of surprised the games aren't internet connected yet.

#8990 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Yeah i cant get the entire file to completely download... tried chrome, IE, and just downloaded firefox and the file transfer always fails. IE made it look like the file completed the download. Created a zip file PiratesOfTheCaribbean-v00.99.iso but the file is only 201MB.

Mines downloading now, I can throw it on Google Drive if you want to try there. I didn't realize it was so freaking big, I've only done incremental updates on WOZ. Sure you have space on your hard drive?

Edit.. uploading now, about an hour.

#8992 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Thank you Harry. I think I'm good though! I downloaded the file on my phone and transferred to my PC. Unetbootin.exe iso'ing.
Weird that the file said it downloaded but only had part of the file. Then Unetbootin.exe completed the process succesfully (but actually didnt). I connected the usb to the POTC machine and the update would not run.
When I used Rufus there was an error message saying the checksum wasnt adding up correctly and the file was missing data. Thanks Rufus.
I'm looking into the issue with the download on my PC. Could be a windows 10 issue. I'm trying the processes in the following link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-windows-10-iso/d8369dc7-b084-413a-bc47-e872e2cceba5
I hope this helps someone. The lesson learned here is the file size should be 4.19GB. Dont assume, double check. Thanks

Cool, glad you got it... now I have it

#8994 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Congrats Rob! You will love it.
Besides the foam block the back of the play field may get caught up on the wire bundle conduit plastic.
I did a temporary reinforcement of my basement stairs before we brought it in.

I think a requirement for any future home purchases for me will be a direct access to the game room. I have it now (right off the carport) and combined with the Harbor Freight wagon I am moving pins in and out on my own now. I took my POTC out of our Yukon and moved it inside without help. The less I have to involve my wife in the heavy lifting the easier it is to buy more

#9021 4 years ago

One of my most important mods yet, heh. Had to cut to fit (totally forgot about the switch there) but titan enticed me enough to get them for all my games, mostly for the older ones with messed up locking bar things.

0511191137 (resized).jpg0511191137 (resized).jpg
#9028 4 years ago

I'm going to take my slings off to see how the washers are doing and report back. With the amount of tension I put on the posts I can't imagine it's dimpling.

On a side note, while Frank has responded letting me know he will get back to me, I have no substantive update from JJP.

#9049 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, the washers+star posts are a bust...they are causing the slingshot hammer to escape.
They also apparently cause a chemical breakdown of the star posts.
I’m trying the mylars and a fresh set of star posts next.
I do not think there is any way to prevent this. It appears to be inherent to the playfields since TNA is getting the same issue.

Weird, I have neither of those issues.

#9050 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

All I see is a little indentation , don't see what the fuss is about

0429191427.jpg0429191427.jpg
#9052 4 years ago

Ok, another strong vote for the "fix the order of operations" in the map awards. This time I got "Character Spotted!" .... "Award.... One....Character" ... doh.

#9067 4 years ago

I started a new post with a poll and request for pics. Please report your issues with star post cracking and dimpling here. We need to have a centralized count and report so we can push this issue forward.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

#9070 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think Mylar and discs from the factory on day 1 would have really eliminated this issue.

And posts that weren't sharp or tightened down too much.

#9071 4 years ago

Has anyone considered (or is anyone else bothered by this) a modification for the starmap to create a playfield-wide replacement? The lights could stay in the same place, but the abrupt "rectangle" that is the sky background seems sort of thrown in there. I'd love to see a replacement for that or an overlay that would solidify the entire backboard as a single piece. Not sure if there is room but I could envision a single piece of plastic with a printed background that sort of matches what is there but just wider.

#9085 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Also, they are causing sling kicker escapes. I plan to replace them with mylars and fresh star posts.

My wife reported this last night with the PETG washers. I had not seen it before, but yeah, that seems like an issue now. Another thought is to cut the star posts down (grind them down) enough that the PETG height is accounted for. Don't really want to do this. Seems like the washers JJP used are a LOT thinner than the PETG I have. Crazy how much difference a few mm can make.

#9087 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have to say, we shouldn’t have to be the ones engineering and figuring all this shit out.
Good example, i got one of the first Beatles golds and a couple of us reported to Stern a pretty wild airball issue right out of the gate and within a month or so Stern fabricated a nice kit that totally eliminated the issue.
JJP needs to find a reasonable solution here and f’ing stickers isn’t the fix!

Completely agree.

On another note, if anyone is following, I still have the audio issue on boot. The hissing/squeaking that continues for at least 15-20 seconds. I'm still working on my own solutions for this (which coincidentally might also work with the "pop" on boot that most games have) but, as well, I don't think I should have to solve this. Here is the video for reference: https://photos.app.goo.gl/odnbN7kq2K235JXn9

Reported to JJP tech support.

#9089 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

While I totally get your frustration, put yourself in JJP's shoes on this. They obviously can't go shipping out new playfields.
In my view a sticker solution would be an acceptable one, especially if coupled with star posts that hide the damage in the first place.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-#post-4992171

This isn't their first rodeo... their first game had issues similar to this. My WOZ playfield was beat to shit around the pops and they did end up making decals, which I had to purchase and install and now I have stickers on my playfield instead of playfield on my playfield.

Would stickers even stay in this location? Would they even matter if the larger star posts hide the damage? Would there be eventual damage caused by the larger star posts? So many questions.

#9091 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I hope to have my POTC LE within the next few weeks. All of these issues w/ the playfield have me second guessing my recent purchase.

The newer games seem to come with a washer under the posts. I don't know if anyone who has that has reported an issue but it might be worth it to at least add the mylar under the posts (and a washer if you don't have one) to try and prevent issues. It's odd because the rest of the playfield seems to be ok, I don't even have a lot of dimpling on a game that was fairly heavily played. Honestly, this issue aside, I would still get the game.. it's a freaking hoot to play.

#9128 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Update: Must be a bad opto and from what I read only way to fix it is an opto harness replacement. It looks like one of the optos may have been repaired by JJP as the back plastic piece on it nearly fell off. Will contact my distributor tomorrow for a replacement. First opto I've ever had go bad in a JJP pin. Damn and up this point I had no issues with this game lol.
[quoted image]

One of my BP spinner optos literally fell apart.

#9146 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

A few more mods I installed in my game: red chest light, green
trough light and gold backboard light.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I have a white trough light (not as bright as yours) and I've considered the chest light, looks good. The backboard light was installed on mine when I got it (I think it was white) and it just lit up the backboard too much and made the starmap "square of plastic" too prominent. I just got some RGB lighting in with a dimmer/color selector that I might try back there, being able to dial it down and choose a specific color. There isn't much to light up there anyhow so I didn't feel to bad losing it.

#9150 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The rgb might not work if you use spotlight connectors. Too much
flickering will cause them to reset.

I've been testing with the extra 12v connectors in the backbox or by the coin door. My WOZ had a lighting kit from pinball-lights.com or something which took the 12v from the coin door and stepped it down to 6v. I didn't see a need to do that with additional spotlights (might as well stick to the 12v JJP used) and I am only adding a small load to the other 12v circuits so I can't imagine that would be a problem. At most, two strips of RGB (one for chest and one for backboard).

#9166 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Bloody awesome pinball. nuff said.

Nice! I turned off today's high scores, it was depressing.

#9168 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I meant the machine was awesome. I got lucky. I’m finding chapters score the most for me. It is great that you can play the chapters or just do Multiball. Had it for less than 2 weeks. Just such a great machine.

Heh yeah, I know, I didn't quote well.

The game is quite multifaceted. Have you played multiplayer and plundered yet?

#9170 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

She had the shits.

I think that means something different in AUS.

Yeah, it's caused some contempt around here too, lol. Fun stuff!

#9197 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I didnt, got my LE last week. Use the spacers under your plastics. The post with the screw did has a washer, the other two with nuts on them didn't.

Well, that's a new one. A combination of washer/no washer. Is the production line just going rogue at this point? Throwing whatever they have under the posts? I think we've seen at least 4-5 different combinations:

1. No washers
2. Clear, narrow washers under each post
3. Clear, narrow washers under just the screw post
4. Large metal washers under all posts
5. Narrow metal washers under all posts

#9200 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mine doesn’t have spacers under the plastics.
These guys just put whatever they have laying around on the machine it seems.
Edit - they must have added spacers because the art was getting rubbed off the plastic from the screw head that doesn’t go through.

Sigh. Another issue I have. Others said this is normal... Yet if they put another through metal post this would not have happened and the sling posts may not have moved as much.

#9206 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just figured out that the map and other things that obscure the screen aren't actually chewing up the gold timer. You can still collect gold even if you can't see them on the screen. In that mode, when you hit the gold button and COLLECT gold the flashers on the playfield will flash white until you collect the last piece when they will flash RED. Pretty nifty. Only took me a month to make the connection.

Nice! I wondered about this, I would just hit the button because why not.. maybe it works, but I never paid enough attention. Good to know!

#9212 4 years ago

Here is an updated post which brings together all the information I know (which others have posted) about the sling post cracking/dimpling: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/7#post-4996369

#9218 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone know how far behind Cliffy is running right now for orders? I ordered mine late march.

Is it this set in particular? He shipped out my set of JP protectors a few days ago, like the same day I paid.

#9222 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If he has them already made in stock he ships right away. JJP he has to make.

Ahh.. dang.

#9223 4 years ago

So, while I was inspecting my game for other post damage I came upon some disappointing news. Looks like the ramp protector isn't doing a good enough job

... I mean... common... after 8 months? sigh. It's also a bit disappointing that these ramps are hella thin compared to repros I just bought for my TOM. Guess I'm emailing Shannan now asking for some prices.

Gonna ask about a decal set too... because, ugh.
0515192041 (resized).jpg0515192041 (resized).jpg0515192043a (resized).jpg0515192043a (resized).jpg

Looks like the decal set is $29 and the plastics are $79, not bad actually. Going to order both. Hopefully the ramp isn't too bad.

#9224 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed (I mentioned this before) a ball with a good amount of speed going around the left orbit getting air and coming over the starmap? I think a related situation that others may have noticed (and I did as well) is the right loop or right orbit shot sometimes getting pushed into the BP when there isn't a reason for it to. I believe the issue are the cutouts in the ball guides for the optos. Does that make sense? It sure looks like the ball could easily make contact with them and they seem large enough that the "footprint" of the ball on the guide could make contact with the hole and redirect the ball.

Anyone care to comment?

I wonder if mylar could be used to cover them, will that affect the function of the opto? Maybe that isn't clear enough.

0515192048 (resized).jpg0515192048 (resized).jpg
#9227 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yikes! Putting a cutout in the guide at ball height is a fail of pinball 101! Have you run a ball over it by hand to see if it connects?

Zoom in and you can see the marks on the rail. The ball is extremely close. I think only when it gets enough speed does it ride up the rail just a bit so it can come in contact.

Wonder if this is what might have dinged up some of the balls posted here versus the t-nut in the map hole.

In fact, you can definitely see where the trail on the rail goes over the hole. That can't be good.

#9229 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That orbit works great for me, consistently. Maybe it is the angle of attack on your shooter lane? I had to play with that a bit to get it where I wanted it.’
I can take you an overhead pic tomorrow that you can use for aiming and see if it improves things.
Also make sure the coil strength on the autoplunge is default.

There are two opto cutouts, left and right. The issue happens in different locations (left and right) completely unrelated to shooting the ball. Only happens with flipper shots. Left opto cutout seems to send the ball over the chapter select plastic and right seems to kick it into the BP. Look at your loop.

#9232 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I don’t have this happen, but it has jumped the maelstrom over towards the map hole. Last time I got a hole in 1!!! Gave me an award just to cap it off.

Check your flipper coil power. I had the same issues when my flippers were up too high.

#9234 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

What settings do you have for them?

Couldn't tell you now, too late here. I think at, or below, stock.

#9245 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You might have to turn down your flippers. My orbits are always smooth, never any air balls.

Already turned down, going to check what they are set at. It's hard enough to make the chest now as it is. The airballs seem to be caused by something the ball is hitting... think about the trajectory that has to happen for a ball going around the left orbit to be shot over the chapter select plastic. Something has to greatly impact the direction of the ball for that to happen. They are definitely clean shots. I'll check the settings for sure, but I doubt it is related to power.. it happens with right flipper and upper left going in either direction, it seems.

I am going to add mylar over the holes to see if the optos still work and see how that affects the ball. I am just a shadetree tinkerer but I think there is definitely some validity to this especially when you see how the ball trail overlaps the opto cutout.

#9248 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Check that the "helper" post that pops out of the playfield to the left of the chest is level with the playfield when in the donw position. On mine after a lot of play the screw that adjusts the post height tends to move a bit causing that area to not be even at which point the balls can catch air as they go over it.

Thanks, both posts are below playfield height.... BUT I could see that divot in the playfield where the post sinks in causing the ball to skip, riding up on the rail and hitting the opto cutout. I am almost 100% sure that the cutout is doing it.. I need a slowmo camera to catch it really. Considering it happens on both sides (is what I'm suggesting) it really makes a lot of sense, but I have almost no proof since I can't see it happen. But I inspected the area so much thinking I'd find a little "blip" in the playfield or ball guide that is causing it. It's quite telling when the ball shoots right out over the chapter select plastic.

You can sort of see in this shot the post is below the playfield. I mean, maybe I raise it up to be flush with the playfield...

0514192046 (resized).jpg0514192046 (resized).jpg
#9261 4 years ago

$9-9.5k seems like a range from what I've seen for a LE. Depends on condition for sure, but with new ones still rolling off the line (albeit sold) and the possibility of more being made down the line (there was no real limit on SE and LE) it seems like there is probably a small, motivated market for games right now (I was in that market) but I don't think there is some overwhelming demand.

#9268 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I haven't played mine yet. Waiting on my Cliffys to arrive. I did notice that my slings appear to have the plastic washers, but I can also see that clearcoat swelling around a few of the posts already.

I don't know how you people can "not play it yet" ... I'd go crazy. I was PMing with someone else who's had the game in the box for a while.

#9281 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Are there any new SE's around for you to buy?

There were some kicking around a few weeks ago. I talked to 2 or 3 distributors who had one. Here's one on the ol ebay: ebay.com link: Pirates of the Caribbean Standard Edition Pinball Machine Jersey Jack In Stock and one on the ol pinside marketplace: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/55563

#9289 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is a pic of the board from the manual. The led in the corner is an indicator light. Green =ok. Red = bad fuse. You may want to contact JJP if it is red.
[quoted image]

Uh... what if it is white?

#9294 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Doesn't matter to me, I can't read that thing to save my life.

Right? It's pretty...

Quoted from zaphX:

I've considered trying to e-tape the errant green star, but mostly I've gotten used to it.

Seriously it's green for everyone? I feel like I would notice that... now I am going to go look!

#9296 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Somewhere early on this thread I asked everyone else about the green star.

I was way late to this party, heh. I thought I read the whole thread but I'm sure some of that stuff went over my head before I actually had a game.

Damnit... it's green. HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT?!

#9301 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

You might just reach out to a large distributor such as Pinballs.com and ask to be on their list for cancellations. My JJPOTCLE is literally in the last batch and I'm going over to Portland to play one tomorrow. I have only had a few games on a prototype from TPF in 2018 and thought it was great at that time, but want to dive in a little more before final payment is requested. These pictures of playfield chipping are actually very concerning. My 25 year old TZ is perfect, with various sized posts. It seems to me that JJP should have Mirco do another run of CE and LE/Standard playfields, with an improved clearcoat process. If you have seen Christopher Hutchins' work(High End Pins), you will know it is very possible to do excellent clear in this day and age. The playfields could be offered at cost to current owners with problems, bundled with posts that do not skewer the playfields. That would preserve the value of these machines.

What this guy said!

#9320 4 years ago

Question - Should ramps be covered under warranty after 6 months or so? I guess the question is, should ramps break after 6 months?

Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I can't imagine why he has such SDTM issues on the star map then. I get that maybe one in 100 times or less. I can't say I've never seen it, but 99.99% of the time it's fine.

I am wondering if it all might be closely related to the worn rubber. I have the worn rubber and have experienced the STDM phenomenon a few times. I think the ball is offset just enough that it lines up with the gap.

#9329 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Does anyone know what size lock is being used in the backbox?
I was thinking about replacing it with a black lock.

Yours isn't black? Mine is.

It's not in the schematics but I think this is it: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LKA58BK

#9333 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Mine is also chrome. It's a standard 7/8" lock. I bought a 4 pack on amazon, as occasionally I have had to replace a lock.

You sure 7/8? It seems like 5/8 is the most common backbox lock
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-backbox-lock-keys-only.html

The only 7/8" ones I found are chrome.

#9337 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And NO...it's NOT mine!
=D

Hey, not sure if you know but you can edit your last post. Sort of a nice thing to do when slapping multiple posts down in a row.

#9339 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Although I've been waiting for my Cliffys before I played my 1st game, I couldn't resist temptation. I've decided to play a few games. Even though I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing, I can see what all the fuss is about.
Holy cow!!!....this machine is going to be FUN!!!

YES!!!!!!

#9374 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

About adding washers to post - I read about the problems where the posts have been pressed into the playfield in a manner where to posts have almost "drilled themselves into the clear" and now the PF is chipping around the posts. If one needs to remove such posts for installing the PF protector, it may not look nice if the PF chips when one removes such a post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

#9377 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Is it a Mod Couple advertisement post?
Bought the mods too, but not so impressed except of the kraken.
Don't like to stick the things only.

I freaking love the Kraken. Adds a nice toy to that part of the playfield, matches well with the look and quality of the rocks (if you have the LE/CE) and is a freaking solid piece of kit they created (not cheap feeling). I understand about the "stick on" but I've had mine on for weeks without any movement and the sticky is such a small piece it seems easy enough to remove as will be needed for repairs on various parts below it.

#9388 4 years ago

Hey, for anyone who was interested in my resolution for audio "pop" at power on, here is a thread I started: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eliminating-the-dc-pop-on-game-power-on

#9401 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I purchased an SE, really wanted an LE, but have had it 2 weeks now and love it. The big differences; powder coat armor (I don't care), invisiglass (don't want -then I'd want it on all my machines and not paying $300 each), shaker motor (purchased from JJP for $130), star map LEDs (I added a LED light strip to back and looks good), Rock formation and character spinning pop bumper (do miss these, but bought Jack Sparrow figure to mod), and the big one...RBG lighting on GIs, this I miss, as I do like the light shows of RBG on the streaming, but in the end you get use to it.
I was going to change some of the white GIs to blue and red to create a good effect, didn't realize JJP wasn't simple bulb LEDs. Don't know if anyone knows how to change their LEDs out?
I then added $1000 in mods, shaker motor, art blades, etc. and I am very happy with the machine, at least I got one.

You can retrofit the characters/spinning if you wanted, I think... they are just little DC Motors like in little toys and either you can buy the JJP pop toppers (Not sure) or add your own (maybe you can make the mezelmods ones spin).

I don't think you can just replace the GI boards. They are not just LEDs but RGB boards with multi-wire control connections. Oh... hum... you know, maybe this is just the WOZ 2.0 system I am referring to. Not sure what the non-RGB games look like under the playfield or what is different. If it is just the boards, maybe the wires exist and you just need to get new GI boards or maybe you need the hookup wires as well. Unsure exactly what is different but I don't think there is any "stock" replacement except with JJP parts.

#9403 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I don't need to change to RBG, just change white to Blue or Red? So if an LED goes out how are these replaced? Comet or others don't sell them?

I haven't seen a non-RGB one, but I would assume/bet that the GI boards used in POTC SE are similar to the RGB boards but only a single LED color chip. According to the manual the control lines for all 4 colors are there and the actual boards themselves are either white or RGB. So it sounds like you just need the RGB replacements, but I'm unsure if there are differences in code or any limitations based on the SE unlock dongle in the game. You could grab one RGB board and test or maybe someone else will comment. I just ordered GI boards for my WOZ RR and they were like $5 a piece.

#9413 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I've never seen these? Where do you get them?

PinMonk makes them for specific games. I would imagine you could also just use some lighting gels cut and taped in to the place. Might be the ghetto mod but I can't imagine it wouldn't work.

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1569-pin-monk

#9415 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can get the gels from any theatre supply place. There's no real good way to mount them easily, though, so that's why I ended up making plug and play brackets for specific purposes on specific games. Until I made these, most people just cut them to the rough shape of the insert and jammed the gel in the hole or stapled the gel over the insert hole.
Here's an example of the brackets I make (note:the colors are backwards on the bracket shown - I need to re-take this top picture, but it gives you the idea.):
[quoted image][quoted image]

Such a simple and elegant solution.

#9418 4 years ago

I think in the end it's all just toys. The invisiglass is probably the only real game play "improvement" that is in the LE. There aren't even that many GI lights in the game, how much change could it really be.

#9420 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Yep bought iNVISIGLASS it makes a huge difference. Shaker , maybe , I like them but think it loosens things

It's a fun toy, that's really all. It doesn't REALLY immerse you in the game that much more. I noticed even less so in WOZ. IF the shaker was implemented in more strategic places I think it could play in to the game more. For example, we all know the sinking of the Dauntless should have a big light show and shaker motor. Maybe "rocking of the boat" when you're on the BP, dunno. It's fun but I could very well live without it and not notice so much. Maybe it's because I owed a WOZ without one before owning one with it that I feel it's not that immersive or even a bit weird.

#9431 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats! You will love it, but your back and arms won't.

My freaking shoulders!

#9439 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You really don't have to sweat those Cliffys on day one. There is already mylar in all the wear spots (tortuga hole etc.)
I have somewhere around 2500 plays on mine and it still looks fine. My plan is to add cliffys to hide the wear if it ever shows up.

Personally, I'd throw on the slot protector and the tortuga hole at least. If you got 'em. Both seem to easily get wear and mylar isn't doing anything (not sure there was any in either location).

#9441 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Factory Mylar seems to be working for me.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I dunno, I see wear on your Tortuga hole (heh). The mylar protects the outside of the hole on the flat surface but the inner lip and just over the lip aren't protected. My WOZ holes, 3 year old and 6 year old games, are almost as bad as my POTC hole.

#9444 4 years ago

Has anyone done anything to the playfield or cabinet to protect the inside of the cabinet where the playfield rubs when you lift it? Basically where sideblades go. I bought some felt sheets from Amazon (going to add a small amount to the underside of the lockbar where it hits the siderails) and was thinking if I put it on the sides of the playfield it might protect the cabinet.

#9455 4 years ago

You all got me thinking... aside from loop issues (ball going in to BP when it should not) I notice that sometimes I do not get credit for the map hole skill shot. I've had this happen on a slow plunge, after a few loops, etc. But I've also had the skill shot get credited to the map hole after a few other target hits (like GOLD), so what gives?

- Edit, I also think the rules need to change for Stranger Tides MB on skill shot. If you get ST on skill shot you should get at least the default map hole skill shot award. Or, don't stop the ball on the loop and let the skill shot continue while awarding the MB.

#9458 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Loop logic is getting reworked a little in 1.0, should be more accurate for center loops (inner loop enter gets missed sometimes, not sure why). As far as starting OST, you can cancel the animation immediately and still cash in skill shot. This behavior is unlikely to change.

Oohh, that's good to know about the OST. Can't wait for 1.0, thanks!

#9489 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I say just enjoy the thing. If you get the chipping, change the posts to hide it. Changing the posts does require adjusting the slingshot leafs afterward.
Just enjoy your awesome new game for now!

Why dissuade people from doing the protection measures ahead of time? Maybe it will prevent their playfield from cracking at all and they will be one of the few with a pristine specimen.

#9490 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I’m debating ordering the Kraken mod from The Mod Couple as it looks pretty cool from the pics - how do you owners like it?

I love it. Obviously for things which add nothing to gameplay it's hard to justify, but the piece is quality and looks stock.

#9495 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Eh, whatever. I just hate people feeling like they can't play their machines without messing with them. I'll leave it be.

Well... let's be honest, most people it seems have had to mess with them in one way or another. But yes, play them! Then find some time soon to do the mod

#9497 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I have to give a shout out to JJP support. My backglass had some minor damage during shipping. I had a response almost immediately after submitting the ticket, I sent a couple of photos, and now a replacement is on the way out to me. All within 2 hours. That's the way support is supposed to work!

I'd agree. On the whole they are quite good at getting back to me and getting the parts I need. Shannan has interpreted what I needed when I couldn't find it in the manual, done warranty replacements, explained technical details, etc.

#9507 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I have to say, this dauntless mod by Mezel mods really looks great once installed![quoted image]

I have the railing from modcouple and liked it enough originally, but yea... that's pretty detailed. Too bad the finish/color doesn't match the "post" on the front of the ship.

#9509 4 years ago

Thanks Fellas - no time to reply earlier but appreciate the feedback. Ordering now

Yelobird ... some quotes for your site

#9511 4 years ago

Got the Kraken and pirate cannon in the cart.... I been thinking I could find a cheap cannon online and make one myself but for $28 it’s a no brainer. Now I’m looking at the disc silencer - yea or nea?

Yes.

#9531 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Agreed that's why I didn't buy it and bought Mod Couple railing instead...ordered the whole list from Mod Couple and this ladder from Mezel Mods.[quoted image]

Waiting on that ladder... I hear I'm getting it for my birthday

#9547 4 years ago

What do you guys think - WOZ and Hobbit both have very nice graphics on the playfield backboards. Although allot of Pirates backboard is hidden by the 2 ships and starmap, it feels like it’s incomplete back there without a decal. Has anyone made one? I’m thinking maybe graphics of the ships continuing into the background blended with the starmap or something. The starmap screws also need to be painted as they pop too much.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've posted this request a few places. I suggested a piece of plastic just like the star map but for the entire backboard (at least as much as can be covered). It could replace the starmap cover so the back looks finished and still functions with the star map. The map looks like it was literally a last second or cheapest mounting option. Just slap it on the backboard, done. If someone knows about printing on plastic I bet this isn't a terribly complex, maybe just need a CNC to cut out around any impediments. When I get done with some projects I may look in to it to see what it might cost to get these printed. I can easily design it.

Plus this works just as well if you don't have a starmap. I bet SE owners would be interested to "plus up" their games even without the starmap lights. Heck, you could even have a simple PCB with some lights that simulates the star map (or adds more lights to other places if you have the starmap) to make it even nicer. I think it would make the game look sweet.

#9564 4 years ago

Yes, this is on my WOZ... but I am doing it to my POTC as well. Already wear spots on the siderails. I had to buy like 5000x more than I needed so if anyone wants a strip I'll mail it to you. It's sort of like a suede felt, very thin and very soft.

0526191800 (resized).jpg0526191800 (resized).jpg
#9566 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think nib owners got two tiny mylar patches for this. I'd imagine your solution might work better though!

I put on some mylar and I don't think it does much, so going this route.

#9573 4 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Any playfield concerns with ball falling off side of Black Pearl or during launch? Eg- Mylar needed?

There is mylar there and when I last looked (on a well used game) there didn't seem to be much wear. I am considering adding a second layer (some have done this) but it is not an immediate concern.

#9577 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dangerous because it doesn't taste like alcohol and you can drink one after another after another after after another until you try to stand up to go to the bathroom and can barely walk. My wife fills in bits of that night because I don't remember it after a certain point. It started at a Harry Blackstone Jr private magic performance...

I have a picture with him somewhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
673 posts in this topic match your search for posts by harryhoudini. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.