(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,874 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15768 3 years ago

Yar, permission to come aboard, you salty sea scabs! 8D0C6CF6-DE1A-41EE-B3DD-C012D6425FA4 (resized).jpeg8D0C6CF6-DE1A-41EE-B3DD-C012D6425FA4 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#15948 3 years ago

Do yourself a favor... before you screw up your 10k game get yourself a tech (or a pin savvy friend) to come out and help you rebuild your flippers. We all have to start somewhere but this isn’t a $900 beater game.

Rebuilding a flipper isn’t hard but it does take a little finesse and if you don’t line it up right you can gouge up your PF real good.

#15991 3 years ago

That sounds like a bad ass enough idea that some enterprising mod makers should look into it...

#16005 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

How long/hard is the chest mod to do?

Not hard and well worth the money. It really is cool to see it open and close as you lite lock and then lock balls.

#16059 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I wonder, Sparrow, can you live with this? ...

Yep! I’m good with it.

#16067 3 years ago

Pinside gonna pinside.

1 month later
#16178 3 years ago

B1ECD902-8371-49E3-BCCB-2F9AE6D99E98 (resized).jpegB1ECD902-8371-49E3-BCCB-2F9AE6D99E98 (resized).jpeg

Finally installed my Black Friday mods from The Mod Couple. Look great and really fills in a part of the pf that looked a little bare (on the SE anyways) although now I kinda want the fancy pop caps to balance out the other side...

1 month later
#16299 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I ended up with (Studio) 54.

Don’t be doing coke off the invisiglass man.

#16301 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I must have been, because I didn't realize this was the POTC thread not the Guns thread. I have no idea what my CE number is.

Bahahahaha!!

#16333 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

With POTC Sales now hitting north of 20k what would it take for you to part with yours? I think even if I got 25k for mine I’d regret it.

Well if someone has 20k and wants a nicely modded SE I’m their guy, lol.

#16357 3 years ago

Deleted - format fail

#16375 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, I'd regret it deeply unless it was life-changing money. Buy me a Tesla Roadster money. And I'd still be sad afterward.

You already sold a POTC right? So you get to have your cake and have eaten it too!

I want to never say never, it’s a damn nice game but I do like that new GNR a lot...

#16376 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Actually considering it. I thought they were typos.
Edit:
I actually called Jack today! He answered right away (we had spoken before) and I asked him if he’d seen these prices. He said he had heard, and asked me if I could believe it. I basically offered to order enough new LEs to make it worthwhile to remake (we reminisced about him doing the same thing on lotr le). He told me they have 3000 back ordered gnr. He said they probably won’t ever run potc again. He estimated the chance at 20%. He did say he has the license for another year so there’s always a chance, but he doesn’t think so!! It was a crazy call!
So, I’m keeping potc. Don’t want to risk not having one.

Oh that’s pretty interesting! Great information.

#16384 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How many made - 1k?

Yup, 200 CE, 650 LE and 150 SE.

#16387 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah.....People paying close to 20 for GnR ce and that's a game where you can always get the LE
Pirates you can't even get and people are surprised at the pricing.....30k by 22 Christmas

That’s just hype. Hype dies off.

I’m sure the new JJP hype plus the furor over the GNR price hike (which I am sure is just to curb demand a little and help JJP catch up) is what’s driving the price jumps. I would be very surprised if they endure.

That said if anyone has 20K dying to be spent and wants the RAREST version of POTC HMU, huh??

#16396 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Jesus, wtf has this hobby become?
I grew up being contented to hang with buds and toss quarters in. I don't think I'm much of a fan of the home market, frankly. It's pretty grotesque and takes away from what felt like an incredible escape as a teen. Owning shit at stupid prices isn't really an interest to me.
Each day, a $5500 JP2 becomes far, far more sane. Sadly. And I really don't care for Stern stuff often.

Hey Wesman, I hear you. I grew up in the arcade scene of the 80s and 90s, and bought my first pinball machine (a $900 Judge Dredd) around 15 years back when it was looking like pinball was on the way out and all my local pin haunts got rid of their games... through that purchase I discovered RGP and pinball shows and the fact that pinball was still very much alive... at home!

As far as what happened? I think it’s simple. We grew up. Got hitched. Bought $400k+ houses, $80k trucks. Maybe raised kids and sent them off. Built businesses or climbed the ladder at work. You made it. You had disposable income to drop on games (or you’re an op, lol) and decided you know what?? PINBALL!

But after doing all that dropping 6k - $10k on something you like (and even better will hold some value) is actually pretty kinda nice. I just bought $6000 worth of appliances I promise won’t be worth shit in 10 years, lol.

And if you haven’t hit that point in your life or you’re on your way there still, there are still games you can get into sub 2k, maybe even less... as well as other ways to be a part of pinball like shows, leagues and even Pinside.

Worse comes to worse in pinball, if you cannot afford that dream game or just don’t feel like spending the cash hey, maybe you find it in a bar for a buck a play, or one of your pin bros picks it up and you play it at his place, right?

1 week later
#16439 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl DeAngelo's streaming jjPotC with realtime coil temps and cooling fans this morning.
https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball[quoted image]

I saw those fans on your former Iron Maiden last weekend. That’s a much more elegant setup than I expected.

1 week later
#16527 3 years ago

I see there are quite a few sizes for Jack Sparrow action figures... what size are people liking to replace Tortuga Tom?

#16610 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the spinning Jack Sparrow on their SE? I’d like to see it in action.

Also is it just pinballmods.co who makes this or does someone else make one?

#16617 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

EHOH has now had THREE times the number of updates that POTC has. #WheresTheCode

It’s a Lyman thing. His games start out sparse but he updates them forever. I wouldn’t be surprised if Stern announced an AC/DC or a Metallica update, lol.

#16631 3 years ago

Oh ho, mods!
A2A35EC9-5B06-4634-9694-D15B931B0D86 (resized).jpegA2A35EC9-5B06-4634-9694-D15B931B0D86 (resized).jpeg
Thanks Ramjet !

#16648 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Funny how people who actually own the game don't complain!

If you get it, you get it. No one got into these games “cheap”. And for anyone who takes Kaneda seriously I’ll remind them... that dude bought a Magic Girl. Talk about overpriced and overhyped. Lol.

#16654 3 years ago

Hey has anyone else installed the spinning pops mod? The video shows the pop lights already removed but on my game they’re still here and there are 4 wires running up... do I just clip em or are they daisy chained so they’ll need to be re- attached together? I know the lighting situation on this game is complex so I don’t want to just start snipping.... image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#16656 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yes, the LEDs plug into a pcb under the playfield and can be removed. Just clip the wires and remove the LEDs with the wires attached. Then follow the wires under the playfield to where they plug into the pcb via a molex type connector. Unplug the molex connector from that pcb and remove the connector with the wires attached.

Thanks dude.

#16657 3 years ago

Making progress!
0310BB4A-0758-4D50-B763-CD5B114034A9 (resized).jpeg0310BB4A-0758-4D50-B763-CD5B114034A9 (resized).jpeg

#16658 3 years ago

Betelgeuse hey so since you seem to be the guy with the answers... the rear pop is much too tall to spin without hitting the bottom of the ramp. Is there some install trick I’m missing? I’ve tried it every which way, made sure it was all seated down flat and the whole works but no matter what it’s still too tall even with the ramp attached high on the adjuster (which wouldn’t work well for gameplay anyways).

Edit - looking at pictures of an LE it looks like this barrel is just much taller than an original. Anyone with an LE want to be a good matey and grab me a measurement?

#16661 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'll also say that the spinning rear pop cap is totally pointless imo. I'm sure during the design phase it seemed really cool, but with the ramps above and everything else going on, you can barely see it. I literally never notice it spinning. In fact, I didn't even realize it was spinning until months after I owned my pirates and removed the BP for service lol!

Agree and if I could go back in time a day I’d probably skip it but I’ve cut the old lighting out and so come hell or high water I’m gonna get the spinner in or die trying.

#16664 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I actually had this problem with my front spinning pop, where I couldn't get the character to clear the glass no matter what I did. Scott ended up sending me a different motor mount plastic that had a slightly lower profile. That gave me the wiggle room I needed. I can't say for sure, but if you've got the barrel seated all the way down on the motor shaft and the motor mount is screwed down tight, there's not much more you can do.

I had the same issue, and I ended up modifying the mount just a little bit and using the original pop cap screws and made just a little more space so Jack is officially in and working!!

I don’t know if this will work on the back one but I’m gonna try!DD775890-A794-49CD-BDED-2DA786608CC6 (resized).jpegDD775890-A794-49CD-BDED-2DA786608CC6 (resized).jpeg16FB87F9-4EBD-434A-903C-65FD1C9EFA7E (resized).jpeg16FB87F9-4EBD-434A-903C-65FD1C9EFA7E (resized).jpeg

#16665 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I had problems with the stock pop-cap hitting the underside of the metal rails (right where it connects to the plastic ramp). Rubbed some of the paint off, which I had to touch-up. I added a thick rubber piece on the Tortuga kick-out plate to lift the ramp just enough to clear the rear bumper cap. I measure that cap to be one inch tall.
[quoted image]

So I think the combination of @rdoyle1978’s spacer solution and the lower profile mount as suggested by Betelgeuse will get me there, I’ll let you guys know how it all comes out. Thanks for the help.

1 month later
#16734 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello, can you tell me if I need to remove the original wires to install the Electric Motor from the Rotary Jack please? (attached photo)
[quoted image]

Yes. I would clip them lower down by the plug under the PF tho, in case you want to restore the light someday.

#16748 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Hello, I am installing the rotary jack kit and I have a problem with the barrel under the pearl ramp. This one touches the barrel. Has anyone had this problem because I would like to run it with the rotary motor. Thank you
[quoted image]

I’m having the same issue. Even having modified the motor mount so the barrel doesn’t rest on the screws I just didn’t get enough (although it did make it so my Jack clears the glass) clearance so mine is still unplugged too.

If you look at the last page I posted a couple pix of the mod I did on the mount and Rdoyle1978 posted a pic of a rubber he put on the tortuga scoop and I think the combination of those would work but I’m not in love with the stress the rubber puts on the ramp...

3 weeks later
#16855 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Hi everyone,
I will be getting a Pirates LE. Does anyone have recommended items to purchase to have on hand? Where can I find the cliffy protector set? Any other advice?

The opening chest mod is really the only must have one I can think of... it seems crazy on a game with so much going on but it really adds to the game IMO.

#16859 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

That’s the one mod already installed. Cool!

Score!

2 months later
#17027 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I was playing my POTC LE tonight and during play this came rolling down the playfield from what seemed to be around the chest area. Kind of worries me - looks like a bearing.
Any ideas where it came from? T.I.A.
[quoted image]

Do you have the Jack the monkey mod on your game?

1 week later
#17045 2 years ago

Jack loves to sign stuff, lol.

#17082 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Added these nice flipper mods. Matches the CE pretty well, any ideas on a good color for the rubbers?
[quoted image]

I went with black.

4 months later
#17459 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

right that is the same conclusion i came to… I have mine up for sale and this particular person is trying to use this as some sort of fictional based bargaining angle…

You can never say never these days but it doesn’t seem incredibly likely.

1 week later
#17465 2 years ago

A previous owner of one of my JJPs had used, I’m assuming windex, on the invisaglass and left burnt in drip marks in the finish. Many markings all over the glass. I was determined to get it back to looking good.
I tried many experiments with different solutions. Today I gave a product we all have in our pinball tool box. Novus2!
Shazam! The novus2 totally made the etched in markings disappear. I am so pumped! Definitely didn’t want to buy another sheet of invisaglass.
I thought I would share this remedy with my fellow Pinsiders as I am sure there are others who have encountered this terrible result from using the wrong product to clean their Invisaglass.

I’m pretty sure if you novus’d your invisiglass that you probably just have glass now.

#17467 2 years ago

No. You are absolutely wrong.

I hope so. But you gotta think the abrasive Novus would remove the anti reflective coating…

3 months later
#17630 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Depp has been officially replaced by Disney for Jack Sparrow role.
i wonder what that means for future POTC machines if anything?

It means it’s just as unlikely to happen as it was before but it’s modern pinball so never say never.

8 months later
#18200 1 year ago
Quoted from cliffordpd:

The triumphant return of the 3 spinning disks in JJPPOTC. Shout out to my brother superdrummer20 and his 3D printer. And Patrick Dewane whose double herringbone planetary gear CAD model I utilized from grabcad.com.

[quoted image]

Dude that’s amazing! Even if it’s not what it was ‘supposed’ to be it’s still cool just to add in yet another “lost” feature!

1 year later
#18866 3 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exiting pinball and moving.

Machine - For Sale

Pirates of the Caribbean (CE)

14% OFF!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I am the second owner of this game, but the original owner is a personal friend.
I helped him unbox and troubleshoot the game in Los Gatos, CA. When he decided to sell a year late...”

43 hours ago

Frisco, TX
(1,419 mi)

zaphX

29,999 (OBO)

You sailing back to California?

#18868 3 days ago

Right on! Welcome home. Looking forward to seeing you around.

#18870 3 hours ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I have one of those toppers NIB from Christophe that I dont have energy or time to install. If someone interested please make me an offer. US only please.
Thanks
Mo
[quoted image]

That's awesome! Is it a replica of the one on the CE? Does it move?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.