Had to make a slight adjustment to the black pearl upper deck mod. Currently it is installed with double tape, making it an install and never take off affair. I guess you can put new tape in....
Anyway, harryhoudini has his new cabin dress up under the poop deck coming which we’re all excited about. But couldn’t wait to install this upper deck. So what do I do, since I can’t get to the stuff around the pearl’s spinners once I put the upper deck on?
Decided to drill through this new mod so I have some screws at the top to remove and put back the upper deck as much as I want. Not quite as pretty as intended but you have to look for the screws to worry about it.
Anyway you will need
2x 25mm (1”) screws which are 2.5mm thick. Black is preferable
2 x 1/2” spacers
2.5mm drill bit
Some black tape to hide tops of screws when finished.
1) taken the poop deck rail off via the two nuts at back
2) unscrew the 2 middle screws holding metal bracket to plastic rail
3) screw the spacers into the plastic from the 2 holes you just removed the screws from
4) remove the double sided tape from the front of the deck mod
5) carefully mark the spots you want to drill through the new plastic deck mod. You can see the screws underneath from the front.
Make sure there is enough room at the front so there is still a bit of plastic left when you drill through.
6) attach it altogether. Hopefully your holes were drilled ok
7) unscrew it, attach the poop deck bracket back to the black pearl posts
screw the upper deck back on. If you had black screws great! If you didn’t just use a small bit of black tape to hide screws.
373418CA-B07D-451B-BCB7-5D025C679087 (resized).jpegC657ECCE-9C54-4549-98F5-433A090D360F (resized).jpeg12BB3580-3ABF-4FB8-B0C1-F5721DA94C2F (resized).jpeg