(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,239 posts
  • 543 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,748 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P1050752 (resized).JPG
pirate 2 (resized).jpg
pirate 1 (resized).jpg
art of pinball banner 1080 (resized).jpg
20210101_182143 (resized).jpg
20201112_193034 (resized).jpg
B1ECD902-8371-49E3-BCCB-2F9AE6D99E98 (resized).jpeg
20201230_145428 (resized).jpg
20201230_143155 (resized).jpg
20201230_143357 (resized).jpg
1CB0C36B-7CAD-4DD4-9F02-804C39F6EFFE (resized).jpeg
more bs (resized).JPG
bs (resized).JPG
irl540 (resized).JPG
IMG_3646 (resized).jpg
IMG_3643 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (2 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (2 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (2 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (2 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (2 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (1 year ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (1 year ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (1 year ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider green-machine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13998 11 months ago

Joining the club today! What is the latest code? Just curious if I’m up to date

7B222285-94FB-4731-8897-C1982FA85257 (resized).jpeg
#14000 11 months ago

Thanks!!!

#14002 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Pirates. Keep an eye on updates, download the manual too.
LTG : )

Thank you kind sir! See you at TPF2020!

#14008 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats on the new addition! Must admit your avatar brings back awesome memories. Man I loved my green machine as a kid.

Thanks! I loved riding other kids green-machines.... I never had one

#14012 11 months ago

Is this a common happening?
9B0F9427-EDF8-403F-BE74-2E5987133EA9 (resized).jpeg

#14013 11 months ago

Gap between the ramp in the ship seems pretty big.
image (resized).jpg

#14015 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen allen head bolt behind the mini playfield and push the whole rocking ship further forward. Then retighten it.
Below the spotlight is a hex head screw through a rubber grommet, you can tighten that down to lean the ramp to the right if you need it.

Awesome thanks

#14016 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen allen head bolt behind the mini playfield and push the whole rocking ship further forward. Then retighten it.
Below the spotlight is a hex head screw through a rubber grommet, you can tighten that down to lean the ramp to the right if you need it.

Loosened bolt and tightened it. It did nothing to move it forward. It just slid right back where it was sitting before I loosened the bolt

#14018 11 months ago

Exactly what I did. It seems to have the same play forward and backward and tightened and Untight

#14019 11 months ago

The ship will move forward and backward about 1/8 of an inch while the bolt is tight. When I loosened the bolt it had the same amount of movement. There seems to be no change between loose and tight bolt

#14021 11 months ago

I completely removed it to make sure it was loose. It seems to be doing nothing more than holding the ship on the shaft

#14022 11 months ago

Will the threads go fully into the shaft? When it feels screwed in tight there are still exposed threads. Is that normal?

#14042 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am using this - AC600 version - with success.
amazon.com link »

what exactly will this do for the game play?

#14054 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Once the wifi is out and ready to go, it will allow you to connect your game to a wifi source so you can easily update the game that way. No more downloading, no more putting on a memory stick, no more putting memory stick in game. No more killing game if you screw up. No more calling me when you screw it up.

Very nice!

#14122 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Found this old pitted, rusty ball. Think I'm going to throw a couple in the game. Canonballs...make it feel more piraty. Yarr.[quoted image]

We pray for your playfield

#14124 11 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm going to sell them as a mod.
Authentic canonball mod. $29

3F6BA2B2-8957-4CD8-897C-C79A38508E42.gif
#14134 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Sorry you’re going through this, but I gotta admit this is all fascinating reading for me to maybe start to learn a bit about troubleshooting electrical & board stuff. I’ve been looking all this up in the manual diagrams as it plays out. It’s like it’s an episode of “CSI Pinball”. Hope you can get it resolved soon though.

Why it is the only social network I’m on. It has propose

#14150 11 months ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Does anyone have an idea when the new Pirates code will come out of beta testing?
Just dying to try it, as not doubt all you salty sea dogs are.

Yes! We need the “C update” Scurvy is running rampant here on the Black Pearl

#14200 11 months ago

PRICE
$ 185 (OBO)
Open for offers

FOR SALE
JERSEY JACK POTC BACKGLASS

Condition: Used, good condition

ITEM DESCRIPTION
Like New Jersey Jack Pirates of the Caribbean Backglass

#14224 11 months ago

Does anyone have the disc silencer from the mod couple? I was wondering if it worked well and if it is easy to install. Thanks in advance

#14226 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s not terribly hard, but it isn’t like just sticking a plastic toy on the playfield, if you know what I mean. You do have to remove the mech
It works ok, but calling it a “silencer” is a bit much. The disc still makes noise, but it’s certainly an improvement

Thank you

#14230 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A key word search of this thread will turn up past posts reflecting mixed results. It didn't have any noticeable effect with my game's noisy disk, but other POTC owners have found it to be effective.

Quoted from arzoo:

I would have skipped it had I known how little (if any) it helped. At least that was my experience. Others have said it helps.

Quoted from Vitty:

I've just recently installed the silencer a couple weeks ago. Its intimidating, but very doable once you get into it and realize what is going on with it. I find it to works extremely well and has quieted mine down a lot. Compared to my Wonka gobstopper hole noise, it is much quieter.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the feedback

#14250 11 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Did you do it or are you just suggesting the lock? Because the issue is with the tang fitting on the new one.

Pm sent

#14259 11 months ago

harryhoudini
Could your balls be magnetized causing the issue with your kickout? I’ve had same issue from magnetized balls.
(Yes, Pinballs)

#14267 11 months ago

Been working on spicing up my SE. I love this game! I can’t stop playing it. Definitely a keeper!

#14269 11 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

where did you get the CE backglass from? i have been told multiple times that you need a valid CE serial to get ANYTHING CE related (i too had some customers that wanted the ce backglass).

A previous CE owner had a imperfection in his glass and got a replacement.

#14271 11 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

ah, sweet deal.

I tried ordering the pop bumper spinning toy..... DENIED!!
Not sure why they won’t sell.

#14273 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My take: To preserve LE/CE value. If those parts were available to anyone it would incentivize SE purchases over LE/CE.

Why would JJP care? They don’t have any to sell. Unless they are planing on putting them back on the line

#14281 11 months ago

I have my original one I could possibly part with. We also have the custom made ones for sale.

Pm sent

#14287 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

LE backglass all day over the CE. I do like the CE pf better though.

I like the CE Backglass better. There are enough sculls and cross bones on the game

#14289 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

colors don't match. That green is CE across the board. On LE, it's not there and doesn't flow.

Yeah we all have an opinion
I tied it all together with the green apron

#14291 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey - you're the green machine! Enough said ; )

True! I like green

#14292 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

hey - you're the green machine! Enough said ; )

Still looking for DILE? Are you not looking for NIB?

#14294 11 months ago

I move em all alone. I feel your pain. But I’m a big person and other people slow me down

#14324 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Honestly delt31 it’s really a crap shoot. JJP made these POTC games Crazy tight and many had this issue with art as well as mirror blades. Only suggestion that I use Only on this game is the side art plastic protectors sold by Pinball Life if I need to raise or lower the Playfield. Sorry your work was lost. I did black mirrors on mine as it looked appropriate but it Is hella tight.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I did the black mirrors on mine too. They look great! I wish I would have put them on some of my other pins

#14326 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have a set of uninstalled black mirrors that I was going to install in mine, but the regular mirrors it came with also look so good, I left them in!

For sure! They don’t look a whole lot different.

#14344 11 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Finally getting my sub in and WOW! Sounds so good but needed to use anti rattle tape on the glass
Next need to model an amp bracket and top case[quoted image]

4402A1AA-02C1-41FA-A103-681D440072B1.gif
#14357 10 months ago

I wanted to note that I changed from Titan flipper rubber and sling rubbers to superbands (marco) and it makes a huge difference. Before the slings sort of flailed the ball around, I'd almost say they could be characterized as bouncy and same with the flippers. I could not trap a ball very easily, lots of bounces. Since I had them sitting around I swapped the superbands in and it made a huge difference. I was pretty sure the slings were 2.5" and that's what I put on and they are much much less stretchy than the titans. I might even try a larger size. I had to make my switches more sensitive as they are so tight they would not trigger.
I'm a huge titan fan but I think in this case maybe they are too soft.

I put superbands on my JPPrem and really like them. Thanks for the input on superbands on POTC

#14364 10 months ago

I didn't realize they would make so much difference. I've only really put titans on my machines.

I feel more control with the superbands than with the Titans.

#14400 10 months ago

I was also told to contact JJP myself. I never received a response back.

#14413 10 months ago

Emailed JJP directly a few weeks ago about a concern. Today I received an email reply and confirmation that I will be receiving a replacement for my issue.

#14415 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

They do seem to be stepping up their game.

I was very pleased to hear from them.

FC8C32FD-C3FD-4A7F-B50E-D884504A70FE.gif
#14425 10 months ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i really like the game and thanks for the help of few of the guys here and in jjp i finally made it work perfect and i decide to do few projects to this great game!
i made a full replacement for the top of the left ship with very details and nice led effects and i really like it! (also Eric loves it )
here is the thread for more info:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-new-very-detailed-hms-endeavour-ship-top-#post-5517609
limited for 75 pieces only
i will post video and photos with the leds very soon
[quoted image] [quoted image]
here you can see more photos:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-potc-new-very-detailed-hms-endeavour-ship-top-#post-5517609
thank you guys for all of the help and support

Very nice job! Me being an artist I am very envious of this. I would love to be able to use my skill to make mods

#14430 10 months ago
Quoted from dts:

CE 172 made it back home to Oregon from Hungary. Looks great. I don’t know if it actually works as my 220 to 110 conversion kit isn’t here, but it looks amazing...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks brand spanking new! Congratulations. Looks like Ramen noodles for dinner for the next few months

#14432 10 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Or the rest of my life...

Did you get the figurine from the Pinball mod co?

#14434 10 months ago
Quoted from dts:

I found it for $60 shipped on Mercari from a mom down in California. The plastic packaging was brown from UV but the figure is fine. Incredible detail, I hate to cut it in half to replace the pirate![quoted image]

That’s pretty sweeet! I’d like one

#14436 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just need to keep an eye on Ebay. As you don't need the box or any of the accessories they do pop up reasonably priced. I got mine for $45 just kept an eye on listings. You can also by New in pretty box but they are about $100. I would hold out for a used one personally. Good luck it does look Great. I did a write up in this thread on how to make this setup. Need to find "Pirates or the Caribbean Series 1 NECA"
ebay.com link » Neca Pirates Of The Caribbean Dead Man Chest Series 1 Davy Jones

Thanks for the information!

#14452 10 months ago

JJP is still having PotC playfields manufactured. Could this indicate plans to put it back into production or just replacement playfields?

#14454 10 months ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

FWIW, I got a replacement playfield last week so it seems they are still just being utilized as replacements...so far.

Did they inform you that it was on the way before they sent it? I’m still in wait of mine to be manufactured it seems

1 week later
#14515 10 months ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

thank you
there is 3 places left

What is the price?

#14518 10 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Invaluable!
Really amazing looking mod!

Ouch!

#14520 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well... I think the master JJP plan has worked. I would actually maybe pay for a code update at this point!! Come on dudes!!

Let’s not put any ideas into someone’s greedy mind

#14522 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok ok good point ...

#14524 10 months ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

If they could build in a wizard mode as exciting as witch battle in WOZ I’d pay!

Uh is this PotC thread? I’d pay nothing extra for this! I think we have all given enough of our cash for this pin.

#14545 10 months ago

The price on the mod.

#14552 10 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yep, corrected. If I was dropping 3.5 billion on the game I could live with a few bad balls.

5 ball games too?

#14554 10 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No, factory settings. I play all my games on factory settings, I like to play the game how it was designed to be played and see how good I can do. I had gotten 2 EBs on ball 1 so I had 4 balls left after my first ball.

Oh! Gotcha

#14558 10 months ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I feel the same way! I actually lifted my playfield looking for electromagnets that could activate in the posts when it wants you to lose. I’ve never had a game so consistently screw me over when I get something good lit. The worst for me was 6x playfield on the Fountain of Youth wizard mode and all of a sudden I bricked every single shot until the timer ran out and got NOTHING. This was after me nailing every shot like butter getting there. After that I was on the defensive for the last 2 balls. Every shot rattled between the posts and came back with a wicked spin that would result in relentless slap saves and shaking it out of the outlanes, until it jumped over the flipper to drain, then the star map dropped the second one down the center. Somehow I still love the game though

You got nervous!

#14597 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Huh? So what’s the idea?

Syphilis scab pop bumper Topper

#14621 10 months ago

Its coming at JJP grand opening

#14664 9 months ago

Has anyone swapped out playfields on PotC. Was wondering how well it went and about how many hours it took. Trying to get mentally prepared for it.

#14668 9 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is yours that damaged?
I'm in no rush. Beat up the existing one, for a decade or more, then install or sell along with the game.

I’ve been thinking about just doing it especially if we get put on lock down. I’ll go stir crazy so I’ll need a project

#14670 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It would be great for someone to be the guinea pig and go through it end to end, documenting the process for others.
I'd volunteer as tribute, but I need to buy a CE playfield first. (second owner of the machine)

If first owner didn’t get a replacement playfield shouldn’t you be entitled?

#14672 9 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I received a very nice playfield for the LE that I purchased. I'm more than satisfied with them doing that. The fact I sold and changed machines since then is on me, not them.

Well I know for a fact that it’s an option

#14674 9 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hmm - why is JJP POTC on Pinside's #1 on the top 100 -list? I mean its a good game and all, but its leading with almost one point to MM...
I thought first it was an April Fools' joke, but its still there.

Yeah it’s way better than MM

#14682 9 months ago
413A6F57-AD6F-415A-9C51-007B4724C088.gif
#14751 9 months ago

Yes! I’ve got a fever and the only prescription is more code...

BFF1D130-D653-4740-81A7-BD599BD75001.gif
#14757 9 months ago
Quoted from Dexje:

while fixing my tortuga scoop I noticed that on a SE the pop bumper contains a LED light.
Did JJP forget this one in the code?
Its not part of the light test and I have never seen it lit while playing.

Inquiring minds want to know?!

#14760 9 months ago

It is my understanding that all 4 pop bumpers have white LEDs on the SE. I may be forgetting but I know at least 2 have them and they should work.

The two farthest right do light up. It seems they are only lit while game is not in play.

3 weeks later
#14901 8 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pirates fans, designer Eric Meunier is streaming his POTC CE #1 tonight at 8:30 CST!
Be there or be [ ][quoted image]

Is there a link to this?

#14944 8 months ago
Quoted from Dexje:

US - so shipping + customs makes no sense for such a part...

Because you have an SE, JJP won’t sell it to you.

1 month later
#15219 7 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I got a question ..Are any of you going to put a LE on the market anytime soon so the rest of us can have some fun ?lmao I’m new to pin just buying second wensday is there any more LEs going to be put out or are they done running them I’d appreciate any word thanks .

There is an LE in the market!

#15225 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I have only seen it once. Maybe some setting?

It’s pretty rare on mine too

#15236 7 months ago
Quoted from Zora:

Regarding the Tortuga eject, I lowered the power so that it ejects very smooth to the right flipper. That puts less power on the Tortuga mech as well and is very constant. No drains at all.

This is also what I have done. No more drains, ever.

#15246 6 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Actually did this and it worked great, however got the updated bracket in the mail, installed and now it’s perfect. Firmly puts the ball on the left flipper every time. Either works but for consistency, I’d get the new bracket.

Is the new bracket a fix from JJP?

#15247 6 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Actually did this and it worked great, however got the updated bracket in the mail, installed and now it’s perfect. Firmly puts the ball on the left flipper every time. Either works but for consistency, I’d get the new bracket.

Do you mind taking a picture of the two bracket so that I can see the differences? Thanks in advance

#15257 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

See post 15140 for picture of new bracket. Compare to yours. Old one is smaller.

thanks

#15268 6 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

potato, patato.

Or corn

1 week later
#15321 6 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Anyone hear of any code updates?

I hear it will come when he is ready to finish it. Pretty much up in the air it seems!

1 week later
#15349 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can't wait to see your next post saying "I've made a huge mistake!"

When the profit runs out he will

2 weeks later
#15435 5 months ago

We are being punished for not being more understanding and empathetic

#15459 5 months ago
Quoted from TomN:

Agreed. I thought it was going to turn nasty as well. Pleasantly surprised.

zaphx softened things by his less abrasive approach in the end. Good example to follow

1 week later
#15477 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tell me your Not going to just keep us in suspense........ Why is it now working???

He forgot to plug it in

2 weeks later
#15522 4 months ago

It’s official!!!!

Still waiting!

#15534 4 months ago

New hangout spot for my ball tonight.

76421D80-E828-4120-AA33-D2252AA0BEE3 (resized).jpeg
#15554 4 months ago

It’s a great game... it sure does deserve “Hell Yeah” code ending!

#15572 4 months ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) “Thinking about selling my best pin Excellent Cond. Low Plays i don't really want to ship it,sorry.”
41 days ago
Canyon Lake, CA
21,000 (Firm)

Let’s talk about this add! He’s thinking about selling it!!

#15575 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Who is that??

0F831760-76A4-49B6-B513-BAF3392C8289 (resized).png
#15590 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is this someone who posts on this thread???

Yes I post on pinside! Who are you? Chuh
image (resized).jpg

#15595 4 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

This made me laugh

Wesman
^^^^^^
Yes!! What’s up with that guy?

#15597 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Umm, can you give context? Seriously have no idea about this schtick.

Ha

#15604 4 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I did some glass off testing and added info on Wizard modes 3, 4 and 5 over on Tilt Forums. Still not 100% sure on a few things but now have a much better

Thanks for sharing this

1 week later
#15626 4 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Kinda like using this! I guess the lockdown button is “done.”[quoted image]

I heard it will become a self destruct button!

#15633 4 months ago

I hope so! Lol

#15645 3 months ago

Any ideas where this belongs? Found it laying in the cabinet

image (resized).jpg
#15647 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Coin door coin mech

Cool thanks. That is one area of a pin that I have never worked on I didn’t even look that direction

#15648 3 months ago

While I’m under the hood can you tell me why this happens? It sticks like this often

image (resized).jpg
#15650 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Internal pop bumper spring may be damaged or missing.

Thank you!!

#15654 3 months ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

could also just need to be adjusted. that pieces pushes on a spoon underneath which closes a switch. If the spoon is too close to the skirt (underneath) it can cause skirt to get stuck like that
*edit- didnt see new page started

Quoted from wesman:

Butch was working with me on this very same issue. He felt it was the same, but we ended up diagnosing that I just needed to unscrew and reorient the mount for the leaf switch underneath.
Having taken it apart, and found the spring tucked inside, doing the adjustment would have saved me a decent bit of frustration, as I needed to remove the shooter rail to get access to the top of that pop bumper.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Also make sure the underside cup is clean and the pop point pivots smoothly and is correctly touching.

Thank you all.... I tinkered with it for a bit today but had other obligations and didn’t get much time to figure it out. I’ll try again tomorrow.

#15656 3 months ago

Has anyone documented a playfield swap for JJP PotC yet?

#15658 3 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Not documented that I know of. I would even go so far as to say no one has even done it.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever have the free time to do it. I know a guy that will do it for price. But still looking like months of waiting for it to be done.

1 week later
#15710 3 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Thanks! I'll say it was certainly not an easy decision to make, but I tend to favor more mech loaded games. Four straight sleepless nights of internal conflict and talking to friends that played GNR was enough. I also figured swapping out Pirates for GNR later would likely be easier than the other way around.

POTC is the funnest game to play....ever!!

#15742 3 months ago

I hear the new updated Code has added to the photos not only a beard but multiple mug shots of pinsiders who have complained about not getting the code update.

#15745 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s long over due, spend this much money you want it finished sooner than later.
Will GNR get the same treatment with code?

My mug shot will be there too!!

#15786 3 months ago
Quoted from Heater:

That has been talked abouy before. As far as I know, no one has "mapped out" the constellation shapes and the corresponding shot. The new code (whenever that comes out) will have Carina Smyth with the constellation shot always lite

AArrrr Smyth the code!!

#15794 3 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Anyone have the Radcals option ? Do you install them over the stock art - or do you have to remove what’s already on there first ?

What’s this?

#15796 3 months ago

I assume he means does anyone have radcals on their game?

I don’t know what radicals are

#15798 3 months ago

Oh they are high-end glossy photo looking cabinet decals. They come on the GnR CE for example. POTC had regular decals on the LE but you could buy Radcals if you wanted back then instead.

Oh gotcha! I was thinking it was different artwork

#15804 3 months ago

High gloss clear over originals!?

1 week later
#15848 87 days ago

Just heard DI is getting a full update very soon also heard WiFi to all JJP.... could there be the long awaited PotC code coming too!?

#15918 82 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where is the flipper spring?

Yup! That looks like the problem

#15939 81 days ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I'm trying this again because this is not making sense to me. If my under playfield flipper mech looks like pic #1, then why does my flipper stand up so much (pic #2)? I've been looking at this for a while and it doesn't make any sense.
Yes, I'm aware that it does not have the bolt through it to hold it (I had it in but took it out for the purpose of trying to figure this out) .... but to me my mech looks the exact same as the pic that pinballj kindly provided. In order for the flipper to go back down the plunger would have to go WAY down (past the bracket/rubber stopper).
It just doesn't make any sense to a novice like me. I've watched the video that LTG provided (which otherwise was very informative) but I don't see what's wrong.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is your flipper bat touching the playfield? Is the flipper moving easily when moving it with your hands?

#15940 81 days ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I'm trying this again because this is not making sense to me. If my under playfield flipper mech looks like pic #1, then why does my flipper stand up so much (pic #2)? I've been looking at this for a while and it doesn't make any sense.
Yes, I'm aware that it does not have the bolt through it to hold it (I had it in but took it out for the purpose of trying to figure this out) .... but to me my mech looks the exact same as the pic that pinballj kindly provided. In order for the flipper to go back down the plunger would have to go WAY down (past the bracket/rubber stopper).
It just doesn't make any sense to a novice like me. I've watched the video that LTG provided (which otherwise was very informative) but I don't see what's wrong.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This also looks like a problem to me. It seems your flipper shaft may be pulled down too far causing your flipper to bind up

#15942 81 days ago
Quoted from chaz009:

The bat is not touching the playfield. The flipper bat has some wiggle room vertically but not as a flipper (because it’s stuck up ... can’t force it down but can force it up further with some force).

With the missing bolt back in, it isn’t working still?

#15944 81 days ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Unfortunately no. The flipper continues to be just stuck up.

If it’s not moving by hand and it isn’t bound up in the pivot then your coil and flipper shaft is bound up. Fix = new coil and new flipper assembly

#15949 81 days ago

It’s obvious your plunger is shot. It’s flipper rebuilding kit time. The plunger looks bound crooked and it even looks overheated with the coloring of it

#15952 81 days ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Yes!!!! That’s the missing piece of the puzzle. I was able to move the flipper back, put the bolt back in, and it’s working perfectly.
Thank you so much!

Ha! Wow. Did we just get punked?

#15954 81 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. He figured out a fix. And can enjoy his game. That is the goal.
The way that hole on the pawl is worn, I would get a rebuild kit for at least the lower two.

Lol it’s a joke!

#15956 81 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please remember. If you want to be funny. Type slower for us old guys.

You’re not old yet Lloyd. Just too serious. Unless your getting paid for your presence on Pinside

#15958 81 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Tough year catching up to me.

My reward is helping people enjoy their games more.

We appreciate your help, that is for sure! Thank you!

#15989 76 days ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

In that case, I have a suggestion for anyone wanting their Kraken to move with the divertor, which does look cool by the way!! Given the choice, I'd definitely go for the moving version myself...
Looks like it's the Kraken thats grabbing the ball and pulling in into the whirlpool...

Very interesting!

#16014 70 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Ordered a set of cliffys before looking at the videos and photos on this string. Installing Tortuga hole protector looks complicated.
Map hole? Frightening. I probably would need to hire a local tech if I wanted to get the ship off and on.
I would like to keep the game long term. Worth it? Thanks for your opinions.

You can do it! It isn’t that hard. Do your homework to build confidence.

#16036 68 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you think Pinside brigading and tanking the sales had anything to do with it?

Nah

#16056 67 days ago

I wonder, Sparrow, can you live with this? ...

#16061 67 days ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

All I know is that my POTC LE is worth more than what I paid for it new and it has not had a new code update in 19 months. I can enjoy and live with the machine I have and hope for better, or sell it and not lose a dime. I feel like I am sitting in the catbird seat.

Indeed!

#16071 66 days ago

I just like smacking shiny balls. Happy to have this pin

1 week later
#16098 53 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Word. I just meant it’s a badass game, which is not obvious at first

Vira is pretty fun! I’d own it. Nothing makes me happier than playing PotC though.

#16104 47 days ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am going to have a pingolf stream with a friend. Any good suggestions for fun things to go for?
We are going to have one plunder game, the player with the most plunder wins.
Maybe the player with most gold? could be boring to watch?
Start one multiball, maybe the curse of the black pearl?
any suggestions?

You could update your pin with the new PotC code.

#16118 44 days ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Pot is legal in California. . .

Sounds like crack is too!

1 week later
#16151 32 days ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Ok played the game again and I see why I bought what I did. If you want this game you will have to pray it from my dead hands.

We knew where you were going with this! What you did is pretty common

1 week later
#16163 25 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

My poor pirates has been down for almost a month now because I can't get a flipper transistor. Ordered from two different shops, one has yet to ship and the other shipped but it's lost in the mail, grrrr.

Wow! That is messed up!

1 week later
#16191 16 days ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

These transistor issues, along with motherboard and power supply issues on a DI in another thread, have me wondering what spare parts would be good to have on hand for Pirates. If all of these parts are supposed to be off-the-shelf, where is the shelf and what am I looking for? If I needed a new motherboard/video card, what would I buy and would it be plug and play? What about the power supply? The hard drive? The monitor?? Is this all documented somewhere?

You almost sound like you’re freaking out!!! Breath.....Breath!

1 week later
#16225 3 days ago

Is Jersey Jack still selling the backglass? I’m not seeing a replacement backglass on their website.

#16227 3 days ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'd open a ticket or call them!

Thanks! I’m waiting to hear back now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
18,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Dallas, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider green-machine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside