(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goren1818.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I already called Jen and put down a deposit! Let's get this club started! Who is in day 1? I will link the stream once it is archived.

Here is an awesome thread created by vireland to help troubleshoot common problems: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

JJP4 (resized).pngJJP4 (resized).png

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

PotC as a theme holds less than zero interest for me ...
... but the light show looks absolutely incredible, shot map is totally different to prior games, interactivity and toys look fantastic, Johnson code seems as deep & innovative as ever, and it's great that a guy under 30 designed this.
Real tour de force.
One concern is the discs. They do seem to launch the ball SDTM quite a lot, at least on this early code.
Other is of course the ongoing theme of pricing in pinball.

That makes sense. I was never a big PotC fan, but I think JJP knocked it out of the park again. I am excited to see how this game progresses

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm in. I was tired of waiting on Stern with their cash grab cookie cutter designs with tie fighters on a stick and hallmark DS ornament. Just the shear depth of code that will be implemented and all the variables, features, mechs toys make this a no brainer to me and I've been one of the biggest price hikes nay-sayers for a little while. Code is 20% complete but these guys have a plan in hand, have acknowledge what the rules are going to be and from what I have seen in the past games, code support is very good. While this will cost me 2 Stern games, I couldn't be happier that I have made the jump. And Stern can eat their heart out with their SW BS they tried to pull.

Welcome to the club! I am very excited for this game. Do we know if it will ship with complete code like DI?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

They have about 3 months to get through 80% so I highly doubt it but even at the moment it looks more complete then most of Stern's release

Right, but they didn't they blow through a lot before the DI release. Either way, code looks great!

Amazing, thanks for this. Really great photos

#10 6 years ago

Buffalo Pinball full stream!

10 months later
#72 5 years ago

Who here has gotten the call and will be joining the club soon?!

2 weeks later
#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

I got an email from Jen saying I should have mine in November... very excited!!

Woohoo! When did you place your order?

3 weeks later
#222 5 years ago

You will find the Liar’s Dice rules attached below from JJP!

7E108F3C-04DC-4D11-9B10-325329728EF3 (resized).png7E108F3C-04DC-4D11-9B10-325329728EF3 (resized).pngB23AF413-5BEF-4169-AC9C-A95C77A301F4 (resized).pngB23AF413-5BEF-4169-AC9C-A95C77A301F4 (resized).png

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Great!
We need someone to add key posts to this topic

Key post added!

4 weeks later
#459 5 years ago

After a year of waiting and starting this thread, my game has finally arrived! I am LOVING it! Thank you to all who made this possible!

Has anyone had this one problem? When my ball gets kicked out of the tortuga hole, it usually hits the wireform that is right above it. Adjusting the coil strength appears to make no difference. Does anyone have a fix?

IMG_1439 (resized).jpgIMG_1439 (resized).jpg
#472 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Is the bracket with the two screws near the pop bumper firmly screwed on?
Mine was loose and ejected funny.

Seems to have solved the issue for the most part! It ejects funny 1 out of 10 ejects now I would say. Thank you!

#554 5 years ago

I am loving my new game! I am still having two small issues. Does anyone have any insight? The right tortuga hole still occasionally hits the wireform above it when ejecting and then the ball goes SDTM. Coil strength changes do not appear to fix the problem. Also, occasionally my action button on the lockdown bar gets stuck down when pressed hard. I usually need to wiggle it back up. Has anyone experienced this?

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Adjust your action button switch a bit lower. Take the glass off, lift the playfield up out of the way, grab your handy 5/16th nut driver, loosen the nuts a bit and move it down just a smidge so that when it's activated, it doesn't cause the button to go off-kilter and bind.
As far as the tortuga bracket- an adjustment to the bracket itself could fix your problem if you've already verified the screws are tight. Bend it down and slightly to the left and it should mitigate the issue.
Glad you're enjoying the game!
-E

Hogbog Thank you so much for the help Eric!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goren1818.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=goren1818 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.