Hi everyone. Took delivery for my PotC LE #192 today. Very exciting but think Im having a couple of the issues that have been described in the thread and some that I don't believe have. First and foremost the machine is an absolute blast. Second I'm fairly new to pin ownership. Long story short I acquired a F-14 tomcat a couple months ago for $100. The parents immediately wanted to trade it (they wanted to play now not later) for a new machine I told them I would enjoy repairing the F-14 and it could take a while. The deal became you fix the old one and maybe we can get a new one. Fast forward 2 months and some blood sweat and tears the F-14 plays amazing. So Took mom to TPF and she decided that PotC needed to be in the house. Oh and most important thanks for any and all help
Ok so for the current issues I know of (plan on contacting dist tomorrow)
1. Have 1 lightboard that is DOA. upon inspection the cat5 cable running to it was waaay to tight. Replaced it with one that was longer to test but still did not work.
2. Left spinner by depths light does not light. When running through the test it does turn on but display says its on a unused circuit (one of the ones close to the end)
3. Ball shooter tip looks like a cat used it as a chew toy for a couple hours before it was put on.
4. Couple targets on upper playfield are too close together causing both to go off when one is hit. Easy fix adjust switch
5. Playfield is super tight in cabinet. When reinserting playfield aside from it being tight there seems to be more resistance the last bit then there should be. I made sure the harness on the right was not getting pinched and the harness on the left nothing to pinch on. What am I doing wrong?
6. Playfield is not hanging from the hangers correctly. Right side sits in slot left side sits just a smidge above lockdown bar. May have something to do with issue 5
7. There are bumps and divots on the spinner not sure if they are supposed to be there. does not seem like bubbles though so idk. Oh and spinner seems loud as [email protected]#$. Might look into the silencing kit but personally feel like it should be quieter from factory
8. Think I might be having the chest lock issue. dont know the rules yet though so maybe I'm doing it wrong. When lock is available to me it seems like I have to hit it super hard in there to get the ball to make a U-turn. Had one instance where ball wasnt released form chest at end of game. then following game machine got confused and released both balls after locking the first.
9. You should not be able to light fuse until doing the spinners and hitting load cannon correct? had a couple times where ball when past the gate and just fell to playfield. Dont think this is correct.
10. Noticed in the software there was 1 bulb that did not test and when I looked where software show me bulb is there is a spotlight and not a gi.
I'm sure there's more but super tired. Thanks again for any help ( a couple of the issues I know are in the Zaphx guide)