(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I understand that. My machine is level and playing perfect.
Using pin app and machine set to JJP spec is 7.6 pitch. You all just rolling with it that steep or bringing it closer to the more common 6.5?

What app are you using? I was using pinball leveler but found that it was way off.

2 months later
#2793 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for people who don't own this game and are reading this thread every day seeing new issue after another - maybe I'm just the lucky one but I haven't had any real issues. Literally none. The game plays amazing too. I just wanted to mention this b/c if I was a new buyer and read this thread I might be concerned about getting one.

Sweet. You should then be able to get rid of it quickly when you sell it tomorrow.

1 month later
#3762 5 years ago

Just put deposit down.

#3777 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Congrats! But I thought the LEs were fully sold through and waiting list only. Is that not the case? Or did you get a standard?

Mine is an Allentown show demo. So be gentle y'all.

#3781 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Gonna go to the show and watch over it?

Bringing my own Out of Order sign.

#3814 5 years ago

Save a few bucks on a demo game or go NIB?

#3816 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

What's a few bucks?

4bills

#3822 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Good way of increasing orders to make people think this is the last chance saloon.
Is it?
Well, only time will tell.
If it is, POTC is going to be a pretty desirable game going forward.

Got me to jump off the fence and snatch one. I tend to keep things I buy forever, so not concerned about resale so much.

#3929 5 years ago

Anyone have box measurements on this? Trying to decide which vehicle to take to pick it up.

#4117 5 years ago

Been watching the sdtm tutorials. A bit intimidating with all the rules. Can't wait to pick mine up Fri from the factory. Hoping to get a little tour of the factory too

#4227 5 years ago

^blue.

#4264 5 years ago

How long does cliffy usually take to respond to emails? Sent him one Monday about ordering some protectors.

#4281 5 years ago

We have arrived.

20190222_112557 (resized).jpg20190222_112557 (resized).jpg
#4284 5 years ago
20190222_114328 (resized).jpg20190222_114328 (resized).jpg20190222_114332 (resized).jpg20190222_114332 (resized).jpg20190222_115530 (resized).jpg20190222_115530 (resized).jpg20190222_115536 (resized).jpg20190222_115536 (resized).jpg
#4324 5 years ago

Just Played my first couple games. Question...when I plunge it to under the ship and it says "Permission to come aboard"...should it vuk to the ship?

20190222_180635 (resized).jpg20190222_180635 (resized).jpg
#4331 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes it should. Check the coil power. Default is 32 and what mine is set to.

Mine was factory set at 18. Will bump it up and see what happens.

#4343 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Let us know how you go. I seem to be having a similar issue and going to ball search st times

Set it to 30 and it's working fine. My try going down a hair and see if it still works.

#4344 5 years ago

Just setup my game. So far all seems good but I think the door to the canon shot may not be working.
Tried coil test #72 and nothing happens, but I do hear a faint noise. I assume the door should open and close in this test?
Any ideas?

#4350 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I had a similar problem. It turned out not to be electrical at all. The metal door just got smushed in the canon shot lane, and had to be pried out of there physically. The coil wouldn’t fire either.

It feels like it's caught on something. Cant really lift it by hand either but don't want to force it.

#4375 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just setup my game. So far all seems good but I think the door to the canon shot on the top of the boat may not be working.
Tried coil test #72 and nothing happens, but I do hear a faint noise. I assume the door should open and close in this test?
Any ideas?

I can't even raise the flap fully by hand. Feels stuck.
Attached pic. Does the spring look like it should?

Lloyd, any idea on this?

Never mind. Think I just fixed it. That metal arm was hung on the edge.

20190223_075705 (resized).jpg20190223_075705 (resized).jpg
#4385 5 years ago

What qualifies multi ball starts? I had a game last night that I was starting mb after mb after mb ...
Seems a bit too easy to start them

#4388 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Getting ready to make a decision on buying an LE and just wondering if the latest games off the line have less issues overall? Has anyone with a recently built game have few or no issues out of the box? I understand some tweaks are usually needed for most pins but at $9500 I would like to avoid the headaches.
Thanks!

Just picked mine up yesterday. Build date 2/12. Solid right out of the box. Only one very small adjustment needed.

#4437 5 years ago

The canon shot is so exciting/ satisfying to hit. Should be worth more points.

#4488 5 years ago

The square multi ball indicators above the flippers have small rectangular lights above them. What do those represent?

#4489 5 years ago

Got ARRRR mb/frenzy last night but was unsure how. Is it from hitting the Tortuga hole several times during Tortuga mb?

#4540 5 years ago

How do you light liars dice? I've played a bunch of games and haven't seen it.

#4569 5 years ago

That ship mech is a beast. When I was at the factory the other day, I held one. It must weigh over 5#.

#4597 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I dont know what’s wrong with me but I cannot for the life of me figure out the constellations. Has anyone tried dumbing them down? Anyone know some good settings for the star field that will help?

I dumbed mine down and still haven't figured it out. I do keep forgetting to look at it frequently during play though.

#4620 5 years ago

Is everyone installing cliffy's?

#4651 5 years ago

I never got through the first movie, so I couldn't tell if that's original music or not. #happily ignorant.

#4700 5 years ago

I love that the extra ball shot is challenging to hit.

My question is: what lights extra ball? Usually so much going on, I don't notice what qualifies it.

#4750 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?
Thanks

My build date was 2/12/19 and mine is #70.

#4803 5 years ago

What is the 6666 mode?

#4894 5 years ago

I've been playing Tia Dalma a lot lately just trying to finish one movies chapters. My scores aren't as good yet just focussing on the chapters but it's fun.

#4965 5 years ago

I find the game extremely approachable and intuitive. I was worried before I got it that it would take a long time to get the hang of. Everything is right there in front of you. It's brilliant. Now, my TWD, on the other hand....after months, the rules still are murky to me.
I don't know why anyone would waste even 5minutes listening to that k dude.

#5017 5 years ago

I don't understand how these location games can play so badly? Every game I've brought home, I've just screwed the levelers in all the way, attached the legs, and bingo...play perfect. Maybe some very minor adjustment here or there, but I don't see how one can f*$k it up, really.

#5034 5 years ago

This game cannot be played without the shaker.

#5105 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Nice! Good for you Do you think buying this pin without actually playing it first would be a mistake? I’m tempted to just pull the trigger now since TPF would be a last minute decision
Looking for a pin that has lots of stuff to do, sorta like IJ

I played it twice on location and didn't really feel it. Hate Depp and never watched the movies. Bought it anyway and love it. Go for it.

#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

JJP actually owns the WOZ license. They don't have to renew it over and over. So they can make runs anytime they want.

Really? When I was just at the factory I was told they just renewed it for a few more years.

#5157 5 years ago

Arrr. Me mods come in.

20190306_170417 (resized).jpg20190306_170417 (resized).jpg
#5214 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

pinball_keefer Just a minor coding suggestion. It would be nice if the cannon load door didn't close so quickly after not having a switch hit on the upper play field. More times than I can count, I'll have a ball up there (usually in a multiball) and that door closes because the ball had been flopping around up there and not hitting a switch. Then I shoot for the door and the damn thing is closed.
I like that the door closes after not detecting any more switch hits. Maybe just extend the time a few more seconds before it closes?
Love the game man. Nice work.

Yes. And make it worth more points. I just feel that such an awesome/difficult/satisfying shot should be worth big points.

#5220 5 years ago

I haven't even turned on any of my other games in the last two weeks.

#5223 5 years ago

I like that spinning pop mod with the dude with the claw hands and worm beard. (Can you tell I'm a huge movie buff).
Does anyone sell that? Or is there a link to a diy?

#5229 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Here is the link to the Davy Jones How To post. Reminder this is to modify the Existing spinning barrel. If you have a standard machine there is no option to make it spin. Reminder to those looking for fixes or other, your fastest source is to hunt (how to fish) is to use the "View Topic Image Gallery" link at the top of each forum thread. Scroll quickly through the pictures till you find the image of your interest and that will have a goto link to That subject/solution in the Long thread. Fast way to see if there is an answer/mod/fix or other. Really speeds up searching these 5,000 plus page threads.
Davy Jones post link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/50#post-4759212
Image Gallery link from the top of each forum thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?gallery#g

Thanks. Yeah, I had just found it searching through the images. I found one DJ on Ebay. Are they really $200bones or is the one I found just high?

#5292 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Keefer at Louisville last year mentioned that they were limited to getting video snippets from the 5 films that didn’t have any character’s faces in them to avoid license issues. Came down to 29 minutes or so of video.....

I hope it stays that way.

#5308 5 years ago

That's it. I'm hitting the liquor store on the way home and getting me some minnie wizzy modes this weekend.

#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

When you get that sweet stuff, immediately transfer it to a Tupperware or something and happily toss the container of endless aggravation (tm)

I just got a tub of it. Are getting all the lids off like breaking into ft Knox?

#5355 5 years ago

Debating whether I should remove that extra right outlane save rubber. It makes it very easy to save drains, but is also making the game enjoyable.
I put it on game 1 so I haven't tried it yet without it. May do that today to see how much harder it will be to save a drain.

#5374 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I hope not. Did you do this?

Which rubber did you put on? I’ve played games with the rubber on the right most post and with no runners on, but never with one on the left post. I think that left post would make it pretty easy to nudge a ball back into the shooter lane with a rubber on it.
Going to try and relevel the back of the game this weekend, still not sure the best spot to measure but I’ll post if I find anything helpful.

There's an extra small clear rubber in the goodie bagbtaht you can put on the lower right outlane post.

#5375 5 years ago
20190223_210328 (resized).jpg20190223_210328 (resized).jpg
#5385 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Forget about a ship in a bottle or a lit up flaming skull & crossbones. Bottles of Pyrat Rum, Kraken Rum, and Cannon Blast should be the toppers on every game!

New rule. Whenever someone fires the canon and sinks the ship, all other players do a shot of rum. Yarrr.

#5503 5 years ago

Is anyone else's lockdown bar lever tight AF?

#5667 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

...the lack of actors in the backbox video is a bit of a let down, but has the side effect of making this pin attractive to those who like a more generic pirate theme - and aren't fans of the movies. So again, not all bad.

Tis the only reason I bought it, Matey. Yarr.

#5790 5 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the target ship switch getting stuck a lot?

#5799 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Two possible causes:
1. You haven't hit it in a while. Supposedly, if you don't hit it in X amount of games, it thinks there is a problem. Hit it a couple times in the switch test mode. All good. Also... play better (not trying to be rude at all - literally, you have to play better for the problem to go away permanently).
2. It's getting stuck a bit when you lower the playfield back in place. This happened to me a couple times. The wire sleeve behind the playfield sometimes pushes it into a slight angle, if you lower the playfield wrong. This can cause the ship to stick. Raising and lowering playfield more carefully (watch the wire sleeve!) will fix.

Hey, I hit it every game.
When I get the error, I pull the glass and push on the ship and it clears. Play a few games and it sticks again. I think I've only lifted the playfield when I first got the game a few weeks ago. I'll have to check that.
Latest error I have changed to the "bullseye" target. Not sure how to check that yet. It happened right when I had to leave yesterday, so I'll take a look at that tonight.

#5817 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s not actually sticking. It just means you haven’t hit those targets in the last few games. It’s a mechanism to say “hey you might want to check this as it hasn’t registered any hits recently”.
The issue here is that there are two different switches. One is for a bullseye (through the hole) and the other is for "missing" the bullseye and instead hitting the side of the ship which pushes the ship and trips the switch. Both have to be hit at least once every few games or else you get the "stuck switch" message.

But I do hit it every game.
I love making that shot.

#5821 5 years ago

Quoted from f3honda4me:So you hit BOTH shots - the "miss" where you only hit the side of the ship, and it comes back down the middle by the top flipper, and the bullseye where the ball goes into the hole and comes out the depths? If you only hit one of those two shots every few games, you'll get the "stuck switch" message. So if you're only hitting bullseye shots, you're going to get the "stuck switch" message that is cleared by you physically rocking the ship back and forth.

So you're saying, every once in a while, I should miss a bullseye shot on purpose?

#5823 5 years ago

I'm LOVING this game.

Does anyone else jump from POTC to another game and think, gosh these other games are lame. haha.

I did that with a few of mine this weekend. I'm looking at you TOM.

This game is just miles above my others.

#5835 5 years ago

I think my ship was catching a bit on the wire thing in the back.
What's the best way to remove this button without breaking the black tabs?

20190318_174344 (resized).jpg20190318_174344 (resized).jpg
#6076 5 years ago

1. This game gets better and better every time I play it.
2. Minor bug. Sometimes when I'm in the yellow multiball (curse of black pearl?) Where you have to hit the canon shot for jackpot...which is hard as hell during multi ball.. the few rare occasions I have made that shot, I have also simultaneously started a second multiball. The ball gets stuck in the canon while the animation for the other multiball plays. The canon ball will eventually just dribble out of the canon, not letting me fire it.
3. That extra ball shot is a beotch. I love it. Although I drained with one lit just now. Arrr.

#6099 5 years ago

Played with Tia Dalma yesterday and just focussed on one movie each game. Played three games and got to a different wiz mode each time.
I admit, when this game first came out, I was thinking choosing between all these characters was too much, but I have to say now....it's awesome.

When you plunder an opponents character, I guess you take theirs/lose yours and then they have to choose another?

#6102 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yep. My kids love taking my character.

Played against my buddy this weekend. He kept choosing that non-plundering character just to piss me off. Was so happy when I stole his character. Although, since it was only two of us, it really didn't make a difference.

#6108 5 years ago

I love that the xball shot is so hard to hit. Sometimes I nail it, sometimes it just sits there giving me the finger. Went through 3multiballs yesterday ignoring all shots but that. Still missed the bastard.

#6118 5 years ago

So...any tips on reading that star map?

#6122 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

When you do NOT have a chapter mode ready, shoot the star map and briefly a shot on the playfield will flash white, and constalation/picture/hint of the shot will display on the starfield. Its my understanding that there is always one of these hidden shots available as long as a chapter is not currently ready or being played.
You probably have hit the shots and did not even realize it. You will hear a distinct chime similar to finishing a level on a video game if the star shot is completed. Hard to describe.

Oh, ok. I'll have to try that. I thought you were just supposed to be able to interpret it during all game play.

#6124 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone know if there is any indication of how many ships you have sunk and do they progressively score more?
Also, if you sink a ship while playing curse of the black pearl mb which is difficult, any super jackpot or bonus given? I managed to pull this off and didn’t notice anything happen because the jackpot animations for the other balls seemed to cancel out the act/animation of sinking the ship.

That may be the most challenging shot in the game. Maybe the most challenging shot of all the games I own.

#6149 5 years ago

Anyone know what this is for? Looks like a sticker. Not sure if it came with the game or one of the mods.

20190325_181729 (resized).jpg20190325_181729 (resized).jpg
#6179 5 years ago

Why would the starposts be less prone to chipping?

#6195 5 years ago

Definitely not selling mine. This pin has legs.

#6221 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Indeed it does! The artwork looks great. My guess is that the code will be the same as all the other Stern games, the shots look similar to othe games by Riche. It’s a safe bet on normal.
Sorry for the sarcasm. Just so tired of samey games from stern

Agreed. Stern doesn't build a $8999 game. Their LE' s are really Pro's and should be priced accordingly. JMO when comparing games in my collection.

#6240 5 years ago

How do you do the random select?

#6350 5 years ago

Is this odd?....

Yesterday, I was playing a one player game. I just drained ball #2 and accidentally hit the start button. It added a second player with 3 balls. Can't you usually only add players during ball 1 on most games? Maybe I've just never done that before.

#6368 5 years ago

I went with Kraken, lockdown coins, and canon.

#6408 5 years ago
Quoted from Lazar:

Just joined the club and the family is enjoying the game. A quick question that you technical experts may be able to help with. I am getting a switch error #48, Target Ship Hit (stuck closed). Is this a common ‘haven’t been hit in awhile error’. If so, where is the switch so I can test it? Thanks for any help.

Look behind the playfield and make sure the black wire tube isn't interfering with the mech. I kept getting that error until I moved the wire bundle over a smidge.

#6437 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I tried making larger holes for the stars, but it gets away from looking like star-like points of light and more like light blobs, which is what I was trying to get away from with the stock massive light halos look. So I think I'll offer it with the factory size star holes that line up with the cover plastic and people can easily drill out some or all of the holes if they want to suit their personal preference. Getting the map template right is the hard part and that will be done already. Here's a comparison I shot.
This is the way it comes from the factory where they light doesn't really come through the holes they made in the screened plastic, but basically bleeds all around the holes making a bunch of fuzzy blobs that look kind of like the WOPR:
[quoted image]
The this one is with the holes in the filter I made widened to 3/64" :
[quoted image]
The second one is using filter holes that are only as large as the light openings on the factory cover plastic, which I think looks more star-like:
[quoted image]
You can always make a small hole bigger, but you can't make a big hole smaller (at least not easily), so shipping them with the smaller holes will make it flexible enough for everyone's taste to be met (but I think most will like the small holes when they see it in real life).
I don't think the screened plastic suggests clouds. It looks more like a dark starlit night at sea where you can see some of the milky way (possibly embellished with color) with maybe a few clouds blobs in the foreground of the graphic.

Ok, I can't read that star map for the life of me. What is the one in this gif telling you?

#6502 5 years ago

I figured out the random character select. You REALLY need to be fast with the right flipper.

I just entered my new high score on here. How do you delete an older score? I always do that when I enter a new one, but can't seem to figure it out now.

#6507 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

How EXACTLY do you do random select?
I use random select pretty much EVERY chance I get. I love randomness .. haha

Hold left flip and tap right 5x as fast as you can.

I played this way yesterday, and I set a new GC score and had several other really good games.

#6520 5 years ago

Finally broke 2mm. Arrr!

#6532 5 years ago

This was fun.

20190401_172924 (resized).jpg20190401_172924 (resized).jpg
#6573 5 years ago

What does it mean when you see one of the movie chapter lights flash white real quick?
I also notice that some shot will randomly quickly flash a different color. Does that have anything to do with the star map?

#6582 5 years ago

The easy fix is to crank the volume up.

#6592 5 years ago

Where is attract mode in the menu?

#6593 5 years ago

Nevermind. Mine was on. But I do t recall hearing it do anything.

#6624 5 years ago

I've hit all mini wiz modes but one. Last night I used Tia Dalma and focused on the Maelstrom shot. I finally hit that wiz mode, but man, for some reason I have a hard time getting the timing for that left ramp shot.

Had the purple wiz mode lit. I fired several shots up the left but they were just short of registering, then I drained. Game over. Arrrrrrrrrrrrr.

#6639 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

There's one thing I still can't get working on my POTC and that's the annoying sticking action button. I've tried pretty much everything - bending the angle of the switch extension, removing the rough edge on the inner button shaft, adjusting and polishing the screw on the bottom, and adding lubrication. But the button continues to stick occasionally. Unless someone has another suggestion I guess I'll have to replace the entire unit and switch.

Just replace it with a stern button. I just did. Cheap. Simple. Effective.

#6663 5 years ago

I must've gotten lucky. I've only lifted the playfield once and haven't even opened the head.

#6767 5 years ago

I'm using stock balls. No issues.

#6890 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Thanks. The video aspect we're making custom CGI FX for it... its going to be like no mod you've ever seen before. We have created CGI FX for Marvel comics including Spider-Man dark ride and Incredible Hulk. So doing this is not that hard... we want to make the video part look like it was created for the game not an after thought. Obviously we can't sell the video but maybe we could put it up for download so you can snag it free. LOL
What we will offer is something that will totally replace the star map. The screen is going to be as big as the star map itself and the frame will be 3D printed. Once we create something we like we'll mold it so we can make multiples. We'll hand paint each one.
The screen we're adding has the ability for you to install any mini SD card you want, so you can play whatever video you want on it.
We'll have our video down, to show everyone in about 7 days.
The mod itself we'll have within that same time period.
Going to be pretty bad ass but FINALLY we can put to bed all the discussion about movie assets on the game.
We're also thinking about doing the same thing for ACDC, we'll make a stage with LED lights blinking. In the middle of that stage will be a massive screen, showing clips of the bad itself playing.
First things first... we're going do this Pirates.

Isn't that what NETFLIX is for?

#6903 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Reached Dead Mans chest wizard mode, super cool! If you pick Tia Dalama and focus on the chest to light Dead Mans Chest multiball as well as light movie 2 chapters for you to select using the character ability its certaintly doable. Won't spoil the mode but it was awesome having this separate set piece mode to activate in the game.
I enjoy reaching mini wizard modes but on a majority of games (including LOTR and WOZ) once you reach the mid wizard mode you either have to qualify everything again to light it a second time (which can feel repeitive) or go after the games super wizard mode which is extremely difficult to get to. With Pirates it's like having 5 Destory the Ring or 5 Battle the Wicked Witch mid wizard modes in the same game. Reach one and still have a ball or two to play? Go after one of the other 4. The ruleset design in Pirates offers so much variety while playing the game.

It's fun getting to the wiz modes. I've been using Tia also. 4 down, 1 to go.

#6916 5 years ago

What do you mean by Door?

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

The Constellation award book opened and the Door shot and symbol was shown.
@ zaphX ; Captains Quarters’s? Is that on the ship? What am I missing?

Why am I not following? What is the door shot?

#6929 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Not sure if anyone has installed Pin Stadiums on their POTC. I installed the Fusions and love them. If anyone has any interest about the how and why I connected what to what I’d be more than happy to share. Sorry about the bad video, took them on my one so 1 handed game play. Let me know and I can start posting.

How many seizures do you have per game?
Or is it better in person?

#6948 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Okay I feel dumb I think ..
Here's what I'm talking about...
Well...I'm not actively in a game and know for a fact that I registered a hit on the target ship..
Thanks for listening and reconfirming in advance!
[quoted image]

Your target ship is probably hanging on the wire loom behind the game. Unless you shift that over a smidge, you'll keep getting that error.

#6950 5 years ago

I think I pulled mine towards the center. It hasn't errored since.

#7167 5 years ago

Seems like a lot of dauntless errors due to the wire loom rubbing on the ship. Maybe moving the wire loom fix should be made a key post.

#7360 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I thought it was a jackpot, it’s hard to pull off without draining multiple balls. I’m hoping for some additional fanfare for this. You don’t even get the normal animation when sinking a ship, really a non event for how damn difficult it is to execute.

That shot alone should be worth a million points. It needs a really cool animation and callout when you make that during multiball!!!!!!!!!

#7368 5 years ago

So..if you hit a chapter qualifying shot several times, when you start that chapter, it is worth more points? I usually just hit the chapter qualifier then start it right away.

1 week later
#7727 5 years ago
20190419_195411 (resized).jpg20190419_195411 (resized).jpg
#7741 5 years ago

Want to do something cool with this. Any suggestions?

20190420_140425 (resized).jpg20190420_140425 (resized).jpg
#7745 5 years ago

That's cool. Do they sell frames like that?

#7818 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

How important is this protector?

I don't know. I never had an issue with a missed cannon shot.

#7827 5 years ago

Uh. I miss it all the time, just never have the ball do anything odd when it happens.

1 week later
#8329 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Mine has been so cruel I might sell it! I consider myself a decent player but this pin is just brutal. I can play 20 games in a row and not put up over 150k. The left outlane is the worst - reminds me of Firepower and every other pin with a curved side-rail for the kickback that just sucks the balls down. Not uncommon for me to have a first ball under 1500 points. That's how bad I suck at this pin!
Kidding about selling it

Huh. This is my go to game when others have been kicking my butt. I find I can nudge save probably 80% of the right outlane drains. Left side, not so much.

1 week later
#8612 4 years ago

Anyone do anything with the spare mylar? Where does it go?

20190505_155700 (resized).jpg20190505_155700 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#9056 4 years ago

I had the small protective rings under my posts. I changed them to the larger ones. Not sure why, as I don't have any issues yet. Boredom, I guess.
But then I was thinking, couldn't installing the larger rings just cause chipping farther from the posts?

#9073 4 years ago

Does anyone with the small factory washers under the posts have chipping?

#9099 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Dont let it bother you, our playfields have had more time to cure and with JJP aware of the issue, I'm sure they will be fine. When I get home in a little while, I'll check my game, which I got from the factory last Friday.
The game is simply amazing, has me thinking why I own just about anything else other than a jjp pin.

Really. I enjoy POTC and DI so much it has me thinking about giving Hobbit a shot.

#9284 4 years ago

Just had a nice 1.7mill point game. I don't think this game will ever get stale. It's just so damn good.

#9292 4 years ago

Doesn't matter to me, I can't read that thing to save my life.

#9308 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Arrrrrrrr!!! I love the new character traits! Really impressed with the addition of the constellation for Carina too - perfectly fitting for that character in the movie. Can tell a lot of good thought went into the traits for all of the characters. Still loving this game and playing just about every day!!!

That's cool. Then I could study the star map and figure out what I'm looking at.

I thought the starmap adjustment in the menu helped with reading it, but apparently the adjustment has to do with ease/difficulty of the corresponding shot.?

#9310 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think the starmap menu adjustment changes how quickly/slowly the lights flash together to make the image they're forming on the map easier or more difficult to visualize. Going one direction in the menu adjustment makes it so more lights are on at once and you can more easily see what the image is. Opposite for the other direction. I think I remember seeing or reading something about scoring related to constellations being decreased if you adjust the map to the easier side of default.

That's what I originally thought as well. I turned mine down to level 5. I think it may have made fewer lights blink at once. I don't know, I still can't see any type of pattern. I thought I saw the number 3 last night. I got excited that I may have seen something, so I shot the 3x standup. Nope. Wasn't it. haha.

#9438 4 years ago

Set that shit up and play it! It's an incredible game.

#9477 4 years ago
Quoted from cextion:

Can't really think of a "Best" for all situations but here's a few I can think of depending on how you play.
Philip Swift - Makes stranger tides MB easier to start and scores more
Marty - Retain gold after Tortuga MB (making next Tortuga MB easier to start)
Cutler Beckett - If you don't want to mash that gold button
Gibbs - To increase Tortuga MB scoring when you cash all that gold in
Will Turner - If you're good at doing multiple loops into Map Hole, do it on every plunge for massive skillshot points

To score with Tuner, do you hit the loop a bunch then next time around have to put it in the Map hole? I can usually hit 5-7 loops in a row, but have trouble hitting the Map hole while looping.

#9488 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes you have to hit the map hole to complete the skill shot. You can go for as many loops as you want but you have to hit the map hole to finish it.

That's tough!

#9604 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yes I find it a bit high but I'm also 6'4". Cannot see the top during normal play but if I have a good game going I will cradle and look. Most of the constellations I can reconize without seeing the top.

Wait...whoa....stop....you can ACTUALLY read the star map??? Do tell. I have never seen any recognizable pattern.

#9682 4 years ago

I haven't seen 666666 mode yet. Yarrr.

1 week later
#10165 4 years ago

So I knew I had to hit the 3x target. I cradled and stared at that star map for a while. I never could see anything that looked like an X or a 3. I just can't get it.

#10185 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just looked through the rules nothing mentioning sails. It just says to hit the spinners to search for a ship. I think Eric did say hit them to raise the sails in the SDTM episode, but they don’t look like sails as you pointed out. And as I said in my very witty barb, the same spinner is used in the Devil’s Triangle.
It could be taken as you are kicking the crew out of their quarters and it shows activity in rushing out on to the deck. There you go! There’s a bullshit explanation that will make doors work. Full steam ahead Harry!

Y'all are wrong.
Hitting the spinners represents grabbing as much of One-Eyed Willy's treasure before the Fratelli's arrive.

1 week later
#10567 4 years ago

I never thought the 3 disc was anything special anyway. Didn't bother me they switched to a single.

#10678 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Mine needs cleaning every couple of days. We put 1-2 hrs on it per day.

I've had mine since March. Looks like it did when I unboxed it. And I've played it a good amount.

#10685 4 years ago

Fired up a quick game this morning. Using Karina and on my way to a new GC score and drained.....with extra ball lit.

I actually love the difficulty of that xball shot shot. Sometimes I'll just focus on getting a multi ball started just to have more shots at getting the xball.

#10825 4 years ago
20190621_095502 (resized).jpg20190621_095502 (resized).jpg
#10930 4 years ago

Arrived today. So.many awesome mods our friends are making for this game!

Is this how you guys have the barrel mounted?

20190626_174534 (resized).jpg20190626_174534 (resized).jpg20190626_174547 (resized).jpg20190626_174547 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#11391 4 years ago

Tortuga Ron
20190719_223935 (resized).jpg20190719_223935 (resized).jpg

#11419 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Ok guys, question regarding the EXTRA BALL shot, ive lit it a few times but how do you collect it?

Make the shot.

1 week later
#11636 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

So one of the bulbs on the spotlights failed tonight. Started flickering then died...I emailed frank since I’m still under warranty but is there is a source of these bulbs for future? They are not the typical 12v LED Wedge...They have two 90k ohm resistors in line it appears...

Same happened to me. I just pulled a bulb from the coin door and used it on the spotlight.

2 weeks later
#11858 4 years ago

I got lucky. Mine has been great right from the box.

What is the best way to hook up an external woofer? I tried the old way of clipping to the bottom cab speaker, but that didn't give me much output like it has on my other games.

#11860 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? That's how i hook up all of mine and they sound great. Are the positive and negative hooked up correctly ?

I will triple check. I have POTC and ACNC hooked to external woofers side by side. ACNC booms while POTC sounds no different.

#11871 4 years ago

Huh. I didn't take anything off to install the Depths cliffy.

#11952 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

All this time I've been playing my game with the volume loud and sub woofer turned way up (and my wife really loves me for that). This weekend I finally decided to try using headphones just to see what it was like. What a difference! I had no idea the small little background sounds and the quality of it! Just the complete sound of the cannons firing is incredible! And the best part is I can't hear my wife yelling at me to take the trash out!!! If you haven't done it yet, try it!!!!

What brand/model headphones?

A while back, I tried to purchase a set for DI, but none would work properly. I bought/returned 7 sets in one day. Best Buy threatened to ban me from the store. haha.

3 weeks later
#12243 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Ive never had the BP out. It scares me to touch the thing. lol
But i will check the screw you mentioned. Hopefully its simple. Thank you all.

Neither have I. I've had the game since April and have yet to open the backbox or lift the playfield.

3 weeks later
#12514 4 years ago

I hooked mine up to an external woofer and really don't hear a difference. It booms when I hook up ACNC.

1 week later
#12600 4 years ago

I think POTC code right now is pretty impressive.

2 weeks later
#12839 4 years ago

I'll let mine go for $30k. Comes with a free Supreme sticker.

#12877 4 years ago

Yeah. It's rare for me to hit 1 mini wiz mode unless I'm really focussing, so it's highly unlikely I'll see the big wiz mode.

1 month later
#13303 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Tortuga is 3 balls to start. You can add extra balls by completing the GOLD stand up targets located to the left of the boarding ramp. You can add more than 1 ball per multiball but have never tested how it actually works. Or rather if the second third time around take more completions to get another ball.

I was always confused what to shoot for as it says Hit the gold targets...then the inserts light up goldish color, but there are some many that it couldn't make sense. For some reason, I never thought to hit the gold stand ups.

#13325 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Thankyou, yes I understand that but when you’ve collected all the characters is there nothing that tells you so?

Very top of the backbox screen shows which characters remain.

#13362 4 years ago

I'm more displeased that I put in three tickets and never got a response despite multiple emails for each.
Spooky #3 here I come.

#13427 4 years ago

Is this opto under the pearl? Should it be green?

20191229_133056 (resized).jpg20191229_133056 (resized).jpg
#13429 4 years ago

It flashes on the middle of the pearl. I hit everything on top and did not see it register
Inner and outer are both green.

4 weeks later
#13877 4 years ago

Just flipped it on for one quicky game and had an awesome game using Norrington and set a new GC score.
I had almost all the wizard modes ready but only managed to play one of them. Amazing how quickly you can burn through chapters with him.

2 weeks later
#14121 4 years ago

Found this old pitted, rusty ball. Think I'm going to throw a couple in the game. Canonballs...make it feel more piraty. Yarr.

20200209_221324 (resized).jpg20200209_221324 (resized).jpg
#14123 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

We pray for your playfield

I'm going to sell them as a mod.

Authentic canonball mod. $29

1 week later
#14194 4 years ago

One of the main reasons I bought this game is because of the lack of movie clips and actors voices. imo, that is why the game excels as it is.

#14220 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Any and all shots on the play field. Light via pirate lanes. Hit stand up to the left of chest. Then hit your 2x-6x target To activate it. You next thing you hit will be multiplied. Best I have ever done is a shot x during a chapter for some not so impressive points. IMO shot x is one of the hardest “tools” to use on potc. Hard to get everything to line up but when you do amazing things can happen. Like a 21 million point shot

Yeah, that's above my level.

1 week later
#14353 4 years ago

1 month later
#14878 3 years ago

Playing tonight...sound would intermittently go out for a few seconds then come back. Think I also noticed lights on the rocking ship went out for a moment too.

#14880 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a 2-conductor power cable on the ship that can work its way loose and cause flickers or it to eventually go out entirely. Mine did that for a while before I finally found the connector

That only happened once. Now the sound is going out a lot more. Is there a connection somewhere I should check?

1 week later
#14919 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It does have one but it’s been reported they are poor quality and create this faint steady hissing/buzz sound.
I thought someone installed some sort of replacement that corrected this issue? Is it even necessary to have one installed?

My new gl came in today. I will install it after work. Fingers crossed.

#14922 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What one did you order? Let me know if it works.

I got this one. My short attention span quickly tired of clicking on each one to see the differences, so I just bought one. Will find out soon. I also have a replacement coming from JJP.

https://www.amazon.com/BESIGN-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B06XQYN77L/ref=sr_1_7

#14930 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What one did you order? Let me know if it works.

Installed it tonight and it didn't help. My audio still keeps going out.

#14982 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

anyone put a rubber on the post by the "me " to help with the "escape the locker " ?

Yes.

#14999 3 years ago

My audio was just completely dropping out. Tried all the fixes mentioned above. Nothing helped. Slid the playfield back and must have jostled something. Now it is working again. Not sure why.

#15038 3 years ago

Which character did you use?

#15040 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was Marty. There wasn't any strategy to that, he was just a character that had a low high score, so I chose him to try to up it. His advantages are all gold related, so I did set a new gold collector champion too with 759 or something like that.

I do that often. Play which characters I have the lowest scores on. For some reason, Davy Jones is my lowest. Probably because I've neglected to learn the rules of liars dice.

#15088 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

Big points when all 6 multiballs are running will award 66,666

I still haven't gotten that yet. May have to refocus my efforts.

5 months later
#15787 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Any info on how to "read" the star map for next lit shot on the LE? I don't understand that part of the game at all.

I can make out the chest and count the X's. I think one may be the Maelstrom ramp? I haven't paid attention to it lately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gliebig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=gliebig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.