(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,925 posts
  • 449 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9F7335D3-321E-458E-B3A2-43D2F99388C7 (resized).jpeg
20190820_152447 (resized).jpg
IMG-4527 (resized).JPG
IMG-4522 (resized).JPG
IMG-4523 (resized).JPG
IMG-4525 (resized).JPG
IMG-4524 (resized).JPG
IMG-4526 (resized).JPG
20190817_173334 (resized).jpg
20190817_135857 (resized).jpg
20190816_233723 (resized).jpg
20190816_233832 (resized).jpg
20190816_231501 (resized).jpg
20190816_231435 (resized).jpg
IMG-4491 (resized).JPG
IMG-4486 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (10 months ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (9 months ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (9 months ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (8 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (6 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (6 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (4 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (4 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (4 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (4 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (3 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (2 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fossmin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4747 5 months ago

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?

Thanks

#4749 5 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:Game numbers are irrelevant. My last shipment was
All were built at the same time.
What is your build date? That's the relevant number.

OK, gotcha. Still sitting in the garage. Haven't wrestled it to the basement yet.

Thanks

Gerry

#4943 5 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?
Thanks

So LE 62 was made on 1/21/19. I haven't really followed the production of this game. I watched SDTM video on youtube which was explained the game shots and brief rules/code before I bought it. The 3 spinning discs were in the video. I had no clue it was gotten rid of. Kind of bummed about that. Also, I didn't get any hardware with the plastic topper. Is is supposed to come with hardware?

Thanks

Gerry

#4960 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Changed and covered here on Pinside. A lot.
Changed to a single spinning disc, which grabs the ball better. The three discs are onw in video on the big screen in the backbox.
There should be some screws to fasten topper to the trac on the top of the backbox.
LTG : )

Yeah I checked all the boxes. No hardware for the topper.

Gerry

#5004 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not in the sealed blister packs either? Should have 4 plastic plugs and 4 screws.

No, I don't have any screws or plugs.

#5042 5 months ago

Just got my LE. Looking to buy some mods and I see the Mod Couple sells a disk silencing kit. My disk doesn't seem to be that loud. Yes, I can hear it, but I have heard people say theirs are very loud to the point of annoying. I really don't see the need for this on my game. Are some louder than others?

Thanks

Gerry

#5045 5 months ago

Anyone buy this shooter rod? Are you happy with it? Any other options for this game?

ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Custom Pinball Shooter Rod Pirates Gold Potc

Thanks

Gerry

#5134 5 months ago

Still getting into my new game and trying to figure out the game play. What am I supposed to be shooting when I am on the Black Pearl? Is the main objective to shoot the spinners? Is it so many spins of the spinners that open the door to load the cannon or something else?

Thanks

Gerry

#5155 5 months ago

So I just starting getting an error, target switch #48 is stuck closed, target ship. Is this the ship on the left side of the playfield? Anyone know how to get to it? Do I have to remove the upper deck?

Thanks

Gerry

#5160 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Drop a ball in it.
LTG : )

Still showing as an error.

#5356 5 months ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I tend to have the opinion it is not good to get the “first” of anything. Cars on a new body style/with new tech....pins...maybe wives (just kidding mine is phenomenal) etc...but when something is new it takes a little while to get the kinks worked out. I got mine (LE #61) early February from a mid January build. No real serious issues. I wanted it earlier but somehow summoned a little discipline and waited a little bit. Probably remaining fear from my Stern Star Wars LE pre order experience. lol It is well worth any issues. It’s that good. Could not be happier.

Hey brother. I have #62.

2 weeks later
#6121 5 months ago

Where is the best players guide? I am trying to figure out how to play this game.

Thanks

1 week later
#6512 4 months ago

Is there a mode where the spot lights are off on the Black Pearl? I played a game yesterday the the spots went off when I shot a ball on the Pearl and came back on when the ball left the Pearl.

#6562 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did JJP pack topper plugs and screws with some of the LEs? The one we got didn't have them, but I just dipped into my spare parts and made it work.
I'd call JJP tech support directly, you'll probably get faster resolution.

It should have come with the game. Mine were missing as well, but just give them a call. They sent mine straight out.

Gerry

#6629 4 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Get the silencer kit. I agree 100% that it's loud as f&%k from the factory. Blows my mind they send these things out the door like that.

I guess I got lucky. My disk is not loud, just out of the box a couple weeks old. I can hear it, but it doesn't distract you. We will see if it changes over time.

#6654 4 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wow.....just....wow....

I would tell them to send me a new one!

1 week later
#7292 4 months ago

So I had the craziest pinball shot (it wasn't really a shot, as it came off the Black Pearl) last night, than I have had in 40 plus years of playing pinball. The ball was on the Pearl. The ball was on the left side of the deck and moving fast to the right and the Pearl deck falls right. The ball goes flying off the right side. It happened so fast I don't know what the ball bounced off. It could have been the side rail, the playfield or a pop bumper. The ball bounces high and lands on top of the shooter lane wire form. Not inside the wire form, but on top of it. It rolls the whole length of the wire form and lands right in the shooter lane. The game detected the ball in the shooters lane and served it back into play. It was funny and super cool at the same time. What a game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
14,775 (Firm)
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fossmin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside