(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fossmin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4747 5 years ago

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?

Thanks

#4749 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:Game numbers are irrelevant. My last shipment was
All were built at the same time.
What is your build date? That's the relevant number.

OK, gotcha. Still sitting in the garage. Haven't wrestled it to the basement yet.

Thanks

Gerry

#4943 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?
Thanks

So LE 62 was made on 1/21/19. I haven't really followed the production of this game. I watched SDTM video on youtube which was explained the game shots and brief rules/code before I bought it. The 3 spinning discs were in the video. I had no clue it was gotten rid of. Kind of bummed about that. Also, I didn't get any hardware with the plastic topper. Is is supposed to come with hardware?

Thanks

Gerry

#4960 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Changed and covered here on Pinside. A lot.
Changed to a single spinning disc, which grabs the ball better. The three discs are onw in video on the big screen in the backbox.
There should be some screws to fasten topper to the trac on the top of the backbox.
LTG : )

Yeah I checked all the boxes. No hardware for the topper.

Gerry

#5004 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not in the sealed blister packs either? Should have 4 plastic plugs and 4 screws.

No, I don't have any screws or plugs.

#5042 5 years ago

Just got my LE. Looking to buy some mods and I see the Mod Couple sells a disk silencing kit. My disk doesn't seem to be that loud. Yes, I can hear it, but I have heard people say theirs are very loud to the point of annoying. I really don't see the need for this on my game. Are some louder than others?

Thanks

Gerry

#5045 5 years ago

Anyone buy this shooter rod? Are you happy with it? Any other options for this game?

ebay.com link: Pirates of the Caribbean custom pinball shooter rod Pirates Gold POTC

Thanks

Gerry

#5134 5 years ago

Still getting into my new game and trying to figure out the game play. What am I supposed to be shooting when I am on the Black Pearl? Is the main objective to shoot the spinners? Is it so many spins of the spinners that open the door to load the cannon or something else?

Thanks

Gerry

#5155 5 years ago

So I just starting getting an error, target switch #48 is stuck closed, target ship. Is this the ship on the left side of the playfield? Anyone know how to get to it? Do I have to remove the upper deck?

Thanks

Gerry

#5160 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Drop a ball in it.
LTG : )

Still showing as an error.

#5356 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I tend to have the opinion it is not good to get the “first” of anything. Cars on a new body style/with new tech....pins...maybe wives (just kidding mine is phenomenal) etc...but when something is new it takes a little while to get the kinks worked out. I got mine (LE #61) early February from a mid January build. No real serious issues. I wanted it earlier but somehow summoned a little discipline and waited a little bit. Probably remaining fear from my Stern Star Wars LE pre order experience. lol It is well worth any issues. It’s that good. Could not be happier.

Hey brother. I have #62.

2 weeks later
#6121 5 years ago

Where is the best players guide? I am trying to figure out how to play this game.

Thanks

1 week later
#6512 5 years ago

Is there a mode where the spot lights are off on the Black Pearl? I played a game yesterday the the spots went off when I shot a ball on the Pearl and came back on when the ball left the Pearl.

#6562 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did JJP pack topper plugs and screws with some of the LEs? The one we got didn't have them, but I just dipped into my spare parts and made it work.
I'd call JJP tech support directly, you'll probably get faster resolution.

It should have come with the game. Mine were missing as well, but just give them a call. They sent mine straight out.

Gerry

#6629 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Get the silencer kit. I agree 100% that it's loud as f&%k from the factory. Blows my mind they send these things out the door like that.

I guess I got lucky. My disk is not loud, just out of the box a couple weeks old. I can hear it, but it doesn't distract you. We will see if it changes over time.

#6654 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wow.....just....wow....

I would tell them to send me a new one!

1 week later
#7292 5 years ago

So I had the craziest pinball shot (it wasn't really a shot, as it came off the Black Pearl) last night, than I have had in 40 plus years of playing pinball. The ball was on the Pearl. The ball was on the left side of the deck and moving fast to the right and the Pearl deck falls right. The ball goes flying off the right side. It happened so fast I don't know what the ball bounced off. It could have been the side rail, the playfield or a pop bumper. The ball bounces high and lands on top of the shooter lane wire form. Not inside the wire form, but on top of it. It rolls the whole length of the wire form and lands right in the shooter lane. The game detected the ball in the shooters lane and served it back into play. It was funny and super cool at the same time. What a game!

4 months later
#12069 4 years ago

I am not an expert player at all. I am an average player, maybe a notch above. Many games I play on Pirates I don't even load the cannon. However, I was playing a game last week and sunk the Dauntless in seconds. First ball, hit the Black Pearl skill shot. A couple shots on the Black Pearl deck and I had the cannon loaded and took a shot and right in the hole for a Dauntless sinking. Total elapsed time about 5-7 seconds! Probably will never do that again

8 months later
#15107 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!!
I figured I'd just go down and play a quick game, little did I know I would end up beating Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time ever. The final wizard mode isn't in the game yet but I got to all five movie wizard modes and played them all and then kept going. With 2 balls left and EB lit, I had the last two wizard modes lit. In perfect fashion, next ball, plunge, bricked the shot and quick drain...also tilted trying to save it and lost 486,000 in bonus to boot which was fantastic. Got At World's End started with 1 ball left and played through it, then drained. Had to collect my EB on my last ball and got Dead Men Tell No Tales started to seal it and then kept going! Ended up with over 15 million. Absolutely amazing game! I can't believe there is still more to come!?!? Thank you hogbog and team!
So now I could legitimately complain that the final wizard mode isn't in the game because I would have played it, but you know what? I don't mind, take your time, do it right, make it awesome and I'll be back! I love this game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A quick game you say? How long did this game last?

#15109 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was close to an hour. My wife had even sent my 8 year old son downstairs to find me and see what was going on because dinner was ready and I had said I was just going to play a quick game. I told him I was close to beating the game and he said he didn't want his coming downstairs to be the reason I didn't make it because he thought he was distracting me. It was cute. I told him that wasn't the case and not to worry about it...then promptly had that plunge, brick, drain ball. Him being there was good though because it forced me to keep my composure and he got a kick out of being there when I did it. If that had happened and he wasn't there I would have been swearing and probably punching bar stools, but with him there I took it rather well.

Nice. Congrats on that game!

3 months later
#15544 3 years ago

What is the big deal with having WiFi update capabilities if you rarely release any updates?

#15594 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yes I post on pinside! Who are you? Chuh
[quoted image]

This made me laugh

7 months later
#16806 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Spoke too soon. Flippers are working fine but not a single chapter select switch or load chest target. That whole line is down.
57-63
Need some guidance again!
[quoted image]
Edit: the connector on J201 is incredibly tight and the wife noticed all of those switches were on that bottom wire/pin. I think that pin has been bent which caused the problem. We reseated the connector a few times and its currently working. Im thinking that bottom pin is the culprit.

You have a wife that fixes pins? You are the luckiest man in the world!

2 months later
#16978 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Anybody re-created the ship in the bottle -topper for the SE/LE? Please post some pics of your topper creations for inspiration!

Wouldn't that be something? Come on mod creators!

8 months later
#17544 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Screw it I’m in

Same here. Placed an order. Screw those CEs with their fancy smancy ship in a bottle

7 months later
#17977 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey Pirates, just finished the first round of Barrel Spotlight covers, hand painted with real twine. These slide on and snap-fit your existing spotlights. NO GLUE! PM me if you need to hide those unsightly spots!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have any pics of them installed in the game?

Thanks

1 month later
#18083 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My LE had the off-center topper. I drilled a new hole and corrected it.

I did the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fossmin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=fossmin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.