(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,861 posts
  • 447 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by pickleric
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,122 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190817_173334 (resized).jpg
20190817_135857 (resized).jpg
20190816_233723 (resized).jpg
20190816_233832 (resized).jpg
20190816_231501 (resized).jpg
20190816_231435 (resized).jpg
IMG-4491 (resized).JPG
IMG-4486 (resized).JPG
IMG-4485 (resized).JPG
IMG-4485 (resized).JPG
IMG-4483 (resized).JPG
IMG-4481 (resized).JPG
IMG-4479 (resized).JPG
IMG-4477 (resized).JPG
IMG-4476 (resized).JPG
IMG-4475 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (10 months ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (9 months ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (9 months ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (8 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (7 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (6 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (6 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (4 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (4 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (4 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (3 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (3 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (3 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellips6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2322 7 months ago

Hi there,
I was lucky to receive mine yesterday and set it up for Christmas day. Wow! My first NIB pin. Ships moves properly, etc....so far but we only played about 5 games on it.
I have an issue with the left flipper that has gradually lost its power after the first game. You can't reach the top of the playfield using the left flipper, only about half way. It goes about 1/4 of the black pearl ramp and now the power of the left flipper is even weaker and you bearly can make the entrance ramp. You can reach Tortuga hole if lucky.
I increased the flipper power in coil setting, I set the left flipper to the max 32 and the right one to 28. The right flipper is fine, but the left one is extremely weak. I also lifted the playfield and tightened the screw of the left flipper (it was tight enough, but I tried to tight to the max however it does not seem to be the issue).

Can anybody share some suggestion on how to fix the power leakage of the left flipper? The game is half playable (still the playfield looks great and appealing) but the left weak flipper steals the fun out of it.

#2324 7 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

If you lift the playfield, look at the wiring for the coil and make sure all 3 wires are secured to their lugs.

Thanks for the tips, it is much appreciated. I am an experienced player but newbie at owning a game.
I just lifted the playfield, and all 3 wires are connected properly to the left flipper. However, I have noticed that the coil moves a bit up/down and right/left when I touch it. It is not fixed solid like the right coil. Could this be the cause, and do I have to find a way to fix the coil without any possible movement up/down/right/left?

#2326 7 months ago

I found it...the coil of the left flipper is loose in its bracket. I guess it is not supposed to move at all. I used a tie-wrap to stick it to the top just to try as a workaround and it works fine. How do I solve this permanently, the metal bracket is too wide and it does not seem to adjust with any adjusting screws?

Another error that I have is switch 82 'Bayou Subway Enter' left in open position. I have no idea what to do, anone had this issue and how to fix it?

Thanks again, I'm getting there!

#2522 7 months ago
Quoted from ellips6:

I found it...the coil of the left flipper is loose in its bracket. I guess it is not supposed to move at all. I used a tie-wrap to stick it to the top just to try as a workaround and it works fine. How do I solve this permanently, the metal bracket is too wide and it does not seem to adjust with any adjusting screws?
Another error that I have is switch 82 'Bayou Subway Enter' left in open position. I have no idea what to do, anone had this issue and how to fix it?
Thanks again, I'm getting there!

These were my 2 problems on this NIB. Thanks to the community for the troubleshooting help.
-The weak left flipper was missing a guide (cylindrical piece) where the plunger goes into. This was fixed by my distributor a few hours after I raised it (thank you so much).

-the switch 82 error was the opto that was loose and this was fixed in seconds.

Other than this my game works perfectly, there is so much to do on this game this is unbelievable. Wow!

1 week later
#2751 7 months ago

I love this game, but got complaints because of the noise when playing.
While a pinball machine will always be a bit noisy, how can I reduce noise on the following elements?
- both right and left flippers
- bumbers

I searched on the forum, found that some people added insulated foam inside the cabinet; not sure I have to go that route on my POTC.

But, in order to limit the noise when the plunger hits the coil stop (hope the terms are right, this is a significant noise source), is there some rubber or ring that I can add that will make the 'clic' noise less noisy? Or anything else?

#2757 7 months ago

Thank you guys for the feedback. I am used to the pinball noise for years and like it. I came accross threads where people installed foam inside to reduce noise and I did not feel confortable about this idea due to the safety hazard it will introduce as Yelobird wisely mentionned. Also, I came accross a thread where someone installed a piece of soft plastic onto the coil stop to reduce the 'bang' sound. It did not feel right to me either, this is why I decided to reach out to the community to learn if 'noise reduction' standard practices exist. I got the rubber pads on the legs and will soon receive the silencer kit. I will leave my POTC like that, and enjoy playing it. Everyone loves this pirate experience, this is such a fantastic game.

2 months later
#7058 4 months ago

I need to advice on my chest fork, other than what has been suggested so far in this tread (the 2 little screws). I can make the chest shots when they are precise, about 7 times out of 10, but still a few shots bounce back when the ball is not at high speed and I see when these shots fail that the fork is moving (like loose) a bit but just on one side.

I unscrewed the fork, and checked that the 2 little screws under are very tight and they both are. Then I made a video, at first you see the left side of the fork that is not loose up/down at all and work perfectly, then you see the right side of the fork has some loose in it.
How can I make the right side of the fork as tight as the left side? Hope the video shows it good enough, the playfield is in the last service position (fully up side down).

fork.gif
1 month later
#9354 3 months ago

--(NEW) Chest issue--
I was playing one game last night. I locked 3 balls in the chest as usual then got Chest multiball all fine. However I noticed that the fork mech stayed engaged at that point and was not releasing anymore. So all my balls, regardless if I hit the side targets or not, are going through the Chest.

I lifted the playfield, remember a similar issue from ZaphX (one broken wire) but no broken wire on mine. I did the #18 coil test and I can hear the coil firing trying to release the mech fork...in vain. I tried about 30 times and one time in the middle of this serie the fork releases but the rest of the time the fork stays engaged. I also did the fork mech test (coils #17 and #18) but same result (mech fork does not release). When testing, I hear the coil firing and and I can barely see the fork mech start moving in an attempt to release itself but it does not. I have no other switch/error on my game. Manually, I can engage the fork and release the fork with no problem (no physical block during engagement/release).

I don't recall having seen a solution for this, I am asking for help please!

fork mech (resized).JPGfork mech 2 (resized).JPG
#9357 3 months ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I had this issue when I first got the game. To resolve, I had to add a washer under the magnet. It just wasn’t quite close enough to cause the fork to disengage.

Thank you Coindropper. I added a washer and it did the trick. The Chest mech is now rectracting each time.

...and what a game, the gameplay is fantastic!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 189.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
10,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Appleton, WI
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellips6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside