(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,171 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 221 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,302 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shipbottle (resized).JPG
0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpeg
6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg
D162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpeg
2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg
afmr10 (resized).jpg
D18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpeg
D7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpeg
DB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpeg
CF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpeg
74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpeg
B3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpeg
272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg
DFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpeg
DSC00679 (resized).JPG
DSC00142 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (1 year ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (11 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (10 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (9 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (9 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (9 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (8 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (8 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (8 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (7 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (7 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (6 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7800 7 months ago

Thinking about jumping in last minute. Looks like the most fun of all JJP games, although I haven’t played Wonka yet. I was gonna buy initially but loved the triple spinner when I played the prototypes. Are there any prototypes out there to take home? I still love that original feature, although I get it is not a major deal. Like the TZ third spiral magnet that was thrown out, it doesn’t seem to affect gameplay much, if at all. Of course, I have a third spiral magnet, so those things are interesting to me.

#7803 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

There are none to buy with the triple spinner, and actually I think what they ended up doing (variable speed disc that also changes directions randomly) is a very effective spinner that actually affects the ball trajectory a LOT, unlike spinners from pretty most other games that spin at a constant speed in one direction. It really doesn't matter that it's not a triple disc in the end because what they ended up doing actually seems to be better.

Great responses, thanks guys! I’m gonna go for it, I hope... maybe there is a way to make the disc slightly more grippy to increase randomness...

#7808 7 months ago

Ok, great input guys! I like challenging for sure and this looks like it will be. I’ll get in the growing line and see what happens!

#7905 7 months ago

There is a good chance I'll be able to get one of the last run. Do you guys like playfield protectors on this? I found them useful on BM66 and IMDNLE, but haven't bothered with other machines.

#7909 7 months ago

That link took me to an entire playfield! That's one way to go for sure.

#7913 7 months ago

I've used these out of Germany, but this is an ongoing argument in the Pinside community. It just seems with all the mylar discussion that maybe I'd put one on. I think JJP offered protectors on some of the games in the past, installed from the factory.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/3A2yTC2YrEWsuRdiYKM__A?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean%20(Limited%20Edition)%20%7C%202018

I'll probably pass on one this round.

#7918 7 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I couldn’t imagine a playfield protector playing anywhere close to authentic.
IMHO.

Feels pretty much the same on my BM66, but this has been an ongoing discussion in the Pinside community. Never mind!

#7923 7 months ago

I’ve got a better question for the experts here. What mods are favorites? I saw that pistol and barrel plunger mod, and it looks fantastic. Has anyone installed one on an LE?

#8068 7 months ago

I’ve got my first mod coming and don’t even have a machine!

5DC51B96-2DC2-4FDA-AB87-75C9AB9E4FE0 (resized).jpeg
#8090 7 months ago

The ad says standard in the headline. Maybe there are a few standards and CEs left.

#8093 7 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I think I talked to the guy (I think he's on here) and that's basically what he told me. I can see this happening, some people just don't play a lot and buy the machines because they like them. Sounded on the up and up. I am half tempted to get it and sell the more used one I just got.

That is a good idea.

#8111 7 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Automated is 100% legit. Mike Dadonna is the owner and good friend of mine. If anyone needs any help or has trouble with communications for any reason please feel free to PM me and I can help you. I speak with Mike almost every day and he is one of the best in the biz.
I have an LE paid in full on the next batch at Automated.

I agree, he has been excellent now five games purchased. In early in on DILE, late on IMDNLE, and so on. He went the extra mile on an MMR I accepted and found to be damaged after the shipper left. Don’t understand the criticism. Call and talk w Mike directly. He’s been great.

2 weeks later
#8784 7 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I kid. But if you played a few games in between posts on Pinside you might put up an impressive score.

I think zaphX is winning the post competition with over 600 posts here-impressive! I get bored of my games too quickly apparently. I’m waiting for POTC on the line but find myself wishing for a WOZ instead. Is this ridiculous (he asks the JJPOTC fan club...)?

#8787 7 months ago

Get both, I did. In fact on Thurs I'll have two WOZ so I'll be selling one... and I'm not that far from you

Hey, now you’re talking!

#8794 7 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I don't think it's ridiculous...
I want a WOZ!

I think POTC may be more fun from the limited time I've had on each. WOZ later, stay the course!

1 week later
#9300 6 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Holding out for a LE. I'm in no hurry. This thread is just busy and I am having fun which makes me look like I'm in a hurry.

You might just reach out to a large distributor such as Pinballs.com and ask to be on their list for cancellations. My JJPOTCLE is literally in the last batch and I'm going over to Portland to play one tomorrow. I have only had a few games on a prototype from TPF in 2018 and thought it was great at that time, but want to dive in a little more before final payment is requested. These pictures of playfield chipping are actually very concerning. My 26 year old TZ is perfect, with various sized posts. It seems to me that JJP should have Mirco do another run of CE and LE/Standard playfields, with an improved clearcoat process. If you have seen Christopher Hutchins' work(High End Pins), you will know it is very possible to do excellent clear in this day and age. The playfields could be offered at cost to current owners with problems, bundled with posts that do not skewer the playfields. That would preserve the value of these machines.

#9387 6 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Maybe he changed his mind?

Sometimes you post and think better of it. I want to keep my Pinside posts positive and really was just trying to say there might be an extra LE at Automated Services.

1 week later
#9618 6 months ago

Chip-gate scared me off from the final LE on the line, which had my name on it, but then I realized this is very much not a big deal and can be avoided. So I looked at the Standard and to my surprise, it really isn't that different. Same game with less bling, and $1300 less (no discounts on the final LEs). Automated still has around 5 Standards left, and I know a few of the other vendors have one or two. So if you want one, now is the time.

#9620 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Get that LE, just sayin... I'll even give you the .12 cents for washers to make that go away. Plus, the playfields Are the same in both models.

Sadly, that ship sailed...I cancelled a week ago Monday, called back Tuesday to say never mind, and it had already sold! I'll follow your example and figure out some cool mods! I'm thinking fiber optic starfield mod, since they are difficult to read anyhow, maybe a cool custom topper...some Mod Couple mods...and I'll be happy. The CE I played at TPF in 2018 is a work of art, might be an upgrade down the line... I'm actually really happy to be getting POTC for less than a Stern LE. Oh, and I forgot-the Standard is less common than the LE, so you guys may be downgrading soon, more to mod!

#9622 6 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That chipgate thread is bordering on hysteria. I'm sorry it kept you from scoring an LE.

I agree, it seems overblown. I'm actually really happy with the Standard, as I love to do mods. Your input has been really helpful, shoulda stayed the course, but I'm very happy with this result.

Addendum: should clarify that the chipping issues are very concerning and I hope the owners get a response from JJP such as replacement playfields. Appreciate the potential preventative measures and will implement them.

#9624 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Last I seen posted a month ago HarryHoudini was going to release a starfield movie theater for sale though I have not seen it go any further as he is working on postgate. lol He may still be working on it sounding like he was ready for release though might want to check with him.

Thanks! I think I'll try to make one myself first though. Ceiling fiber optics are all of $60 for 200 fibers, which you can adjust to flicker, fade, etc, and you can mount them in a medium behind the plastic. Tons of cool model ships out there as well, not sure how to fake a CE topper yet...

#9626 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The CE topper is Actually rather simple. Won't lie, I considered knocking it off and pumping out exact copies but I just can't steal Erics creation. No fun for me copying other peoples work. Profitable yes but not much of a challenge. Many have found great Black Pearl models online and added some lighting which is a nice tribute and low cost. Many online to choose from. Good luck and enjoy your awesome new game!!!

Well, if you steal Eric's creation, that would save me a lot of time, and I bet the LE owners would upgrade as well. Can you get his permission? I recall seeing the mech and it does look pretty simple.

#9633 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Stay the coarse and enjoy your game. Level, wax, play and Don't read to many forum pages or you will be infected with adjustment fever! lol Won't give his name but I was contacted for mods by someone that claimed to buy the Last LE off the line (maybe yours) and it was number #0001. SO hope thats wasn't the one you passed on.[quoted image]

Thanks! Sounds like he got mine, if it was truly the last one, but that is fine by me. It's all good. I get upgrading to the CE, but to me the stainless is nicer to touch, the shaker is easy to add, invisiglass no big deal, and more custom mods to have fun with.

#9636 6 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Eh, everyone has to make their own decisions. No anxiety inducing shit needs to shift a person one way or another. Like I mentioned last week, as I was making up my mind on this game months back, I read the thread and the constant issues being posted daily by many people. I still went with it.
The extra cash saved can be used towards the next pin! No loss there. As much as people get on the anti-neurosis threads, people also estimate the value of the standard far too little. To me, the major one not to buy, would have been the CE. Too much extra cash, for so little gain. Not that it isn't nifty, but not 3K nifty.

I agree with you on this, having played the CE and LE. If you are a huge fan of this game, I think the CE is clearly a standout. Good news is they are all great!

#9641 6 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think Plato or Jagger once said, ” You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.”

Yes, and the lower the expectations, the more satisfied. There's gonna be a run on these Standards..

#9643 6 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Eh, everyone has to make their own decisions. No anxiety inducing shit needs to shift a person one way or another. Like I mentioned last week, as I was making up my mind on this game months back, I read the thread and the constant issues being posted daily by many people. I still went with it.
The extra cash saved can be used towards the next pin! No loss there. As much as people get on the anti-neurosis threads, people also estimate the value of the standard far too little. To me, the major one not to buy, would have been the CE. Too much extra cash, for so little gain. Not that it isn't nifty, but not 3K nifty.

Oh, I scanned your note too fast. You were saying that the CE is the one not to buy for cost reasons... Perhaps, but they are the most beautiful in person, imo, so if you have extra money, I see the appeal.

#9678 6 months ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Good thing about the SE: it plays the same as the other models. So it's a purely cosmetic thing. I think folks get too caught up in model envy sometimes, here on Pinside. Most threads I frequent feature some of that action.
I only buy standard/pro editions - whether Stern, or JJP, or whatever. If I don't like a standard edition, I pass, whether or not the higher end models are better. Sometimes you get lucky. My Deadpool Pro is an awesome game with almost the same gameplay as the higher models. Pirates SE is the same game, just cosmetic differences. But anyway, that's just my personal philosophy about pin shopping. Pins are already absurdly expensive toys, so I hang around the low end of the cost scale. Other folks think differently about it, obviously. Some folks are probably loaded, and the cost difference is trivial. No worries.
Just be happy with what you've got! You have pinball machines. In your house. And if you have a Pirates - of any flavor - you have one of the GOAT pins. It's all good.

I'm with you on this machine for sure. On some others, it matters, but it differs between games. IMDN Pro and AS Pro are great, for example. But I liked IMDNLE, so that was a personal choice. ST Pro for me wasn't as fun as the Pre/Le but others disagree. I bought DILE but in retrospect think it didn't matter. BM66 Pre is great (no Pro model). I'm actually surprised there aren't more people choosing the POTC Standard over the LE, which is part of the reason I dragged my feet, as it allows for more customized mods than the LE and CE models, and plays exactly the same.

#9716 6 months ago

How about this Black Pearl for an SE topper? Next, how to make it rock and have rolling waves...

F0239942-66BA-467B-AD09-7152FB9CB565 (resized).jpeg
#9735 6 months ago

Got my standard coming next week. I guess if I love it, I can get an LE or CE later if they seem different. Shaker is coming, can add the headphone jack/volume control, and rock formation on the left inexpensively. JJP said the software wouldn't support the LED constellation for the Standard, but I think more likely there is a driver board and LEDs they won't bundle for the standard-as the software looks the same to me?... Beats me, I'll just have some fun with it.

#9741 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, software won't support it. You'd need the CE dongle too.

JJP told you the truth.
LTG : )

Good to know, thanks.

#9748 6 months ago

If anyone without a starmap is interested in "starry sky" lights behind the full width "galaxy sky" background I was thinking of doing that along with the full width plastic. Let me know if I should invest the time: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-be-interested-in-replacement-star-map-plastic-for-jjpotc#post-5020553

Sounds cool, would there be room behind it to run fiber optic .5mm to 1mm range? I don't want to alter the machine by removing anything though.

#9794 6 months ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I know the differences but is it something that is really noticeable vs seeing it on paper. It’s a difference of 1k...I wouldn’t mind buying the SE (being they are the only thing left lol)...I think the only thing I’d be missing is the GI lighting

I didn't think so and bailed on my LE(in part due to the chipping concerns as well), then signed up for the standard. The only things that are missing are the GI RGB lights, the starfield, textured powdercoat, and the topper, which isn't great. You can get the shaker ($150), the headphone jack/volume assay ($84), the Devil's Triangle Sculpture over the left wireform ($54), and the spinning pirate Tom, which you can plug in on the Standard ($220). Add powdercoating and the invisiglass, and you are up to $1000 at least. So on further reflection, it probably is worth the difference for upgrades, and I may have missed some, if you like that kind of thing.

#9804 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Missing the star map, too.

Yes, star field, star map, constellation map, whatever it is called!...

#9809 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm not disagreeing. I put the filter block on to cut the stars down from blobs to more like points of lights and it looks much better, but it's really kind of a zero for PF toy.

It's all good. This thread is feeling like purchase justification for LE and SE buyers. The CE guys are so loaded they don't give a rip! I'm just happy to be getting one next week to play with.

#9853 6 months ago

I’m thinking about doing a fiber optic mod on my standard, perhaps with harryhoudini’s Larger star map plastic. Twinkle effect is at around 55sec to 1 min 5 sec. Open to ideas from you guys...

#9881 6 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

That should exciting to see don't have my game and have never played it

If you’re getting an SE, the lights aren’t there at all. Most people can’t seem to figure out what they mean, so it appears more decorative at this point, unless some code updates help with that. It shouldn’t be too hard to add some sort of decorative lighting to that area. I was hoping for some ideas on fiber optic, but will just experiment when I get mine.

#9900 6 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry I rushed my explanation. The x’s represent the bonus x posts in front of the ramps. So if you see one x down the bottom right and another x, then that’s telling you to shoot the 2x switch to the left of the bp ramp. The pirate letters match the pirate lanes as you guessed. I will let you work out the others. But I find 70% of the time it is the x bonus targets and the pirate lanes. I actually find the constellation map pretty cool. Not a deal breaker for SE owners though.

That’s really cool that you have figured it out! I thought it looked like reading tea leaves when I played one. It’s really fun to have additional things to figure out in a game. Oh well, I’ll just enjoy my SE, and maybe they will do another run in a year, if they haven’t finished the entire LE run.

#9923 6 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

The only thing I believe you'll miss is that Starlight panel, Spinning bumpers. You can always add a shaker, and invisiglass, plus the Headphone jack, which I've never used.

You can add the spinning Tortuga Tom, but it costs $220. So, missing RGB GI, Starfield, and topper. Can add shaker and headphones, powder coat if you don’t like stainless, buy the extra plastic toys such as Devil’s Triangle, etc. Same machine, really, just without the LE label. If I were doing it over, I’d spring for the CE but am not concerned about the standard being any less fun to play.

#9926 6 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

$220 where do you see that? That seems expensive. Did you buy the SE or LE

Spoke w the parts department at JJP. It is expensive, so in the spirit of cheapness, I’m gonna see how much I notice it when my SE gets here. I did order the headphone jack as it is pretty impressive to hear, amazing sound, as well as the Devil’s Triangle arch over the left wireform, also a shaker.

#9965 6 months ago

I've said it before, if I could not find a used LE I would have bought an SE in a second. Personally, I like modding but even still the missing items are far from a deal breaker.

Yeah, from reading this thread, I can see how people think they are missing out on the LE, but I’m pretty excited to get one of the best games ever made for $8500, in stainless rather than bumpy powder coat, with most of the things missing easy to add. It’s really not like the difference between an ST Pro and an STLE, for example. If I were doing it again, of course, I’d go ahead with the LE, but it’s exactly the same game to play, and should look awesome next to my TZ!

#9974 6 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Think of Aussies that have to pay $15k for an LE like I did. My wife hates me! $20k for a Wonka CE, near 20k for a YBR. You guys still have cheaper petrol for your dollar than we do. Clothes are cheaper, food is cheaper. We spend the Aussie dollar the same way you guys spend a dollar in the US. 2 Litres of milk is $2.20. A Big Mac in Australia costs $5.85. In the US it's $3.99. $8500 is fantastic.
Then again we do have a public health system......

That's crazy. It must be cheaper to buy huo and ship to Australia. Shoot, you could load a container and start a business down there! Lived in Perth as a kid, great country!

#10052 6 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Does anyone know what playfield toys are missing on the SE?

Spinning Tortuga Tom, which you can buy, Devil's Triangle arch over left wireform, which you can buy, starfield, which you can't buy but some of us are working on a lighting mod, and I believe a couple of barrel plastics over the pop bumpers.

#10055 6 months ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Where is the triangle arch available?

JJP has them, around $50. Tortuga tom is $220, but stay tuned because a pinsider is working on a mod.

#10098 6 months ago

I promise I won't double post in each thread but I'm really getting excited. Template is under way. It's gonna look so much better.[quoted image]

I'm in!

#10127 6 months ago

Here is a Black Pearl in a bottle out of Vietnam...but it's only 11 inches long. Can't seem to find a larger one in a bottle.

Henessy Bt (resized).jpg
#10131 6 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

What about the devil's triangle, I could have sworn someone mentioned that part can be bought. Does anyone know?

JJP has it

#10132 6 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

5 gallon plastic carboy for making beer. Revell pirate ship kit.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm, interesting!...

#10153 6 months ago

I looked on their site didn’t see it listed do you have a link would really appreciate it

You have to call the parts department directly at JJP.

#10198 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

What pitch is the best to set potc? Just got mine in today SE model.... yup yup.. I'm finally in the club I'm excited[quoted image][quoted image]

That stainless looks really great! Mine is coming today.

#10220 6 months ago

Will the tortuga Tom work on an SE? Anyone know

They told me at JJP they would connect to a harness and work.

#10221 6 months ago

Will the tortuga Tom work on an SE? Anyone know

But I just got an email from JJP and Jack said this morning no more LE parts to be sold to SE owners. I know of a pinsider working on a mod for the spinning pirate, so maybe it doesn't matter.

#10223 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you were to go this route my Guess is there are MANY removed Tortuga Toms available if you wanted to by one. Mine included. IF you were going to add the figure (which would work stationary) I would do as many others have done and opt for the Series one real figures off Ebay. Looks much better then OEM and probably less cost. If you get a spinning mech later it would still work with this figure. Good Luck.

Sounds good, thanks for the advice. I've got to get a barrel full of your mods now... I hope they finish out any remaining LEs next year or reboot the line somehow with other trim options.

#10231 6 months ago

Jack graciously gave me a call on a part question for JJPOTC. They simply ran out of parts and need all resources on Wonka now. He said the demand remains very high, as we know, and they simply didn't build enough machines. So...there is a definite possibility that they will build more LEs beyond the next two games, or if there is downtime between games. If they do build more LEs, there will be parts available to the Standard owners. It sounds like owners with playfield chipping can get a discounted playfield, but I didn't ask for more information. Here are the numbers, and I got permission:
1000 POTCs were built. 200 CEs, 650 LEs, and 150 Standards.
Jack wanted parts for 500 more, which he thinks would have sold easily, but there were some logistical decisions apparently that resulted in the 1000 number. All this to say, we are all pretty lucky to get these machines. My standard comes today, and I'm super excited. Jack is such a great guy, it was really fun to talk to him.

#10233 6 months ago

I would agree. I was interested in this pin then I learned they were done making it so fear of losing out kicked in. I waited too long for the LE.

Based on my conversation with Jack, I'd be surprised if you won't be able to get an LE down the line. Grab a Standard for a while and have some fun. The differences aren't that much and mods are a lot of fun.

#10237 6 months ago

The spinning mech is just a tiny DC motor that is in many cheap toys. I didn't look to see what kind of connector and where, but I can. The only real unique part is the barrel top and mount. It would take a bit of handy work and maybe someone doing some 3D printing but it should be able to be copied.

I bet a lot of Standard owners would appreciate that!

#10274 6 months ago

#10278 6 months ago

Good luck with the sale. Someone should snag this one right away as they probably won't make anymore and if they do it won't be for a really long time. I'd buy it if I were closer.

Thank you! I posted that and then thought I'd better get the LE first...

#10279 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol right at the finish line you found your LE. Congrats!! Both are great but I suspect you will Love the LE.

Thanks! I'll need you to make me my number, when I get it!

#10316 6 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find a last minute LE?!

#10332 6 months ago

LE #550 is home! 130 plays, perfect! So great in the home, love it. Got a Standard to sell now in the box. Maybe I should just keep it and get a CE to round things out.
Epic game!
A160C2F7-5686-497F-A125-B3C3CF6AA114 (resized).jpeg0EE783B4-97F5-4F79-947C-3F8A57ACDFDC (resized).jpeg

#10334 6 months ago

The holes are a kinda big on these Lowe’s rubber washers, so I’m placing them a little off center until I get the JJP fix, not too tight.

B27ADC97-198A-43D8-9801-DE1E16D6E3D1 (resized).jpeg
#10340 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Congrats bud, must be nice to own 2 of them ..
Question: does anyone know when I pick Ragetti the one eye pirate I put the ball in the black pearl and I dont get the extra ball what am I doing wrong? I got it the very first time but after that I tried it again but It wont activate anymore is there something I'm not doing right?

Just a temporary situation. I'm actually not sure which one I'll end up keeping, probably the LE. First world problems...

#10413 6 months ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

They were one of the ones I called today. No luck.

I've got one but plan to sell in a month or two, still in the box on a pallet.

#10423 6 months ago

I may the odd one but I kinda like the white gi better visibility

I've heard that from others too.

#10466 5 months ago

My game is missing the target boat hole by striking to the right of the hole. A little shim to the cannon launch ramp with metallic tape worked better—but is the better solution to take the boat apart and move the cannon ramp? Otherwise, flawless game with no other adjustments. I did increase the flipper and sling power, moved the post rubber to bounce into escape the locker better, and added a couple of tilt warnings.

20F65B3E-4682-40CC-94D8-F7AAC00A6012 (resized).jpeg
#10470 5 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sorry it’s in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/127#post-4908546
I think a few of us just used the thinner ones with the m-f.
Check out 02-4825-20 from Marco.

Totally forgot about the troubleshooting thread, thanks!

#10479 5 months ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

dts For the issue with the ball bouncing off the Escape the Locker Room post, take a close look at your shooter lane wire ramp. It's surprising how bad of an issue this small deformity caused me. Here's the post that contains a video of the issue symptoms and images of my wire ramp before and after.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/21#post-4991721

Thank you! My autolaunch is actually perfect. I just wanted to escape the locker into the shooter lane more easily, so I moved the post rubber to the other post, which was bare for some reason. I'm guessing on purpose for owners to adjust the ease of saving the ball.

#10486 5 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Eric had all of the original prototypes without any rubbers on the out lane posts. At the time he had said it would ship with a rubber on the right side mostly for the purpose of location pins, but he preferred it without any. That's the way we setup ours - the way the game designer liked it. Right side - too hard to save. Left side - maybe a little too easy to save. None - just right.

That's great to know, I'll remove the rubber--after some more practice!

#10517 5 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Karl's (iepinball) POTC streams are worth making time for. Not only is the quality of the screen displays and gameplay topnotch, you'll learn a lot about rules, strategy, and flipper skills.

One of the best to watch for sure.

#10568 5 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does anyone listen to "Special When Lit" podcast?
The most recent episode they were talking about research someone did, comparing "I'm out" people when the mechs were pulled to owners/enthusiasts/fans now.
They did not name names, but I am definitely on that list. When the mechs were pulled I moved from "buy sight unseen" to "let me play it first." Once I did I ended up getting two.
Anyone else part of the "I'm out!" club that is now hella in?

Yeah, I was in after TPF 2018, out when the triple spinner was pulled, and then, thankfully, got back in. It is one of the best machines I've played, a huge accomplishment. People have said for a long time there will never be another TZ in terms of complexity and cost to build. JJP has proven that wrong.

#10571 5 months ago

Anyone interested in a 3D topper something like this? It will likely have a background and maybe some text. Obviously some lighting effects.
[quoted image]
Updated with background and text.. HUGE caveat this is a really quick example. I have parts on order to make a prototype.[quoted image]

I'm getting this ship in a bottle from Vietnam that will fit in front of the LE topper. I may experiment with a motor to rock it from the back, with waves in front and lighting effects, a sort of copy of the CE.

pasted_image (resized).png
#10607 5 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I can load the cannon but not terribly successful at hitting the target hole in the other ship.

gumnut01 directed me to the yelobird fix a couple of days ago, shorter hex posts to move the target ship up. I tried shim on the shooter ramp, which works, but yelobird has the best fix. Check to see where the ball is hitting the ship.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/127#post-4908546

#10740 5 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

My own Personal mod.. I had so many balls jump the maelstrom I made this plastic and extended the rock into a Splash out section.
The kraken is now also in , cut away some material, before applying the final texture to make the rock match the devil triangle[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Why is your treasure chest closed?

#10744 5 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Well, It was broken for a long time but now its “ fixed”
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/nl-nl/#B11JqstnBJF1jPF

Oh, that’s great! Like a prototype. I’m assuming you modded a CE? I’d love to have the chest work.

Oh, I missed the other thread. Looks like some great progress on this.

#10816 5 months ago

I’ve got one but plan to sell it with my NIB Standard, still boxed. Maybe Back Alley can make one?

4 weeks later
#11402 4 months ago

Looks great! Is there a way to make the servo go faster?

1 month later
#11935 3 months ago

JJPOTC is becoming one of my favorite games. I'd buy another without hesitating. At first it is a lot to process, but as you start to figure it out, it becomes incredible. The depth of code is excellent and variety of shots remarkable. I love the sound and video integration, even without movie clips, which may even be better. I hope they do more down the line and bet it will happen. If CGC did their playfields, it would be even more like a new Williams to me.

2 months later
#12833 34 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The stats I saw were 1,000 overall, 200 CEs, about 680 LEs and less than 100 standards.

Jack told me in person months ago that there were 150 Standards, 650 LEs, and 200 CEs. When they get around to building more, and that is just a matter of time, they will build only the LE. Jack basically said as much.

#12837 34 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As there are more Wanted adds then listings the prices are basically a sellers market at this point. Highly doubt many LE’s will sell for less then original asking price. I also personally do not think they will run this title again unless they drastically hike the price as they did with WOZ. My bet says not going to happen. Add to that I believe license is up in 2020.

Just a demand issue really, as the license can be renewed. WOZ kept coming back, and I’d bet the same here.

#12841 34 days ago

Costs are less to license with the lack of video content. Why would JJP leave money on the table? They could easily sell 1000 more. Anyhow, I enjoyed owning it, and might have another someday.

#12845 34 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

This has been discussed to death in the past. Each actor ( 23 ) owned their own video and audio rights, not Disney, and the only Disney movie like this as far as I know.
So you have to make a deal, your people and their attorney and agent. Some might not cost much, some a lot. Then get the audio/video you want to use. Put it in the game, and get Disney's approval, and then use it or not and continue or start over.
Heaven knows how much money and time this would all chew up. Easily double the cost of the game and delay it many more years.
In spite of everything. Eric made us a great game. With what he had to work with.
LTG : )

Yeah, always best to live in the present. If you think it is unlikely, that is significant. Jack seemed to think it might happen during slow times between games, but wasn't definite for sure. Time will tell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside