(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1034 5 years ago

I bought a JJP at this past weeks IAAPA Show. The game simply put might be the most amazing, best themed, programed pinball game ever. The game is stunning... I happen to be a fan of POTC however I know not everyone is. The negatives are that it doesn't show clips from the movie like Hobbit and WOZ. Other than that the graphics on the screen might be the best ever done for pinball or should i say in pinball history.

I'm doubting this game will be a huge seller for the fact that the theme is tired as Disney has already announced they might re-boot. But forget the theme if you want the single most sophisticated, detailed pinball game in history this is it. The game is every bit as collectable as WOZ and on top of that the game is better tons better, more fun and just overall a better pinball game.

If you're a JJ fan you won't be disappointed.

When you're asking for a premium price people better be in love with the theme so we'll see how the game does. I think the theme is incredible as I'm a huge fan of POTC. After talking to Jack at the IAAPA Show I think its safe to say the next two games coming out very soon will be much more up the WOZ alley and probably more desireable themes. With all that being said I doubt JJ can top this Pirates game... its just that good!

To me the Pirates movies will be timeless, and this pinball game would have been helped by hearing good ole Jack talking but even without that this has to be the single overall best designed pinball game ever.

As always JJ kills it! So in short I wouldn't listen to all the negatives, and rather focus on the positives. I was at IAAPA I saw Beatles, Monster Bash and Pirates the three newest games. All three are amazing... Beatles is a simple game, with amazing grahics the game is just fun might be Sterns greatest attention to detail game. Monster Bash is just a total HOME RUN tons better than the original. I bought a Monster Bash LE I couldn't resisit. I was very tempted to buy Beatles... I wanted to walk away with it its really that cool. With all that being said nothing compares to this Pirates game. Nothing I've ever seen... you can argue shots, movie clips, or the price, but no matter this is the single most thoughtout game ever made.

Just my humble review.

2 months later
#3916 5 years ago

Pirate with tons of mods!

IMG_1859 (resized).jpgIMG_1859 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpgIMG_2481 (resized).jpgIMG_2481 (resized).jpgIMG_2482 (resized).jpgIMG_2482 (resized).jpgIMG_2483 (resized).jpgIMG_2483 (resized).jpgIMG_2484 (resized).jpgIMG_2484 (resized).jpgIMG_2485 (resized).jpgIMG_2485 (resized).jpg
#3958 5 years ago

No problem with artblades at all!!! This game is the GOAT if you ask me! Every mod made for it just makes the game that much better.

4 weeks later
#5826 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yep - there's a reason it got Kaneda's vote for G.O.A.T!

He 110% hates the game. I hope you are posted that as a joke!

BTW my buddy Dominic Kacich big time pinball player, he scored something close to 5 million on my game. Amazing right?

2 weeks later
#6666 5 years ago

I'm making a mod for POTC... this will replace the star map. This mod will just hang off the star map, and it will include a screen about the same size as the one featured in the Hobbit game.

It will feature a 3D print cover for the screen, and show clips from the movie. I'm not selling the video just the mod which will feature a screen and player. All you do is pop in a mini SD card and play the whole movie if you want.

We're going to mock up an awesome set of clips, we do CGI work, video production for the amusement attractions we build World Wide. So this will be easy... I was going to do the same thing for ACDC but rather 3D print a stage that holds a screen.

I'll have it to show within the next couple of weeks. Its going to be pretty neat.

This will finally end the whole issue of no film clips.

#6885 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This could be pretty cool, looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks. The video aspect we're making custom CGI FX for it... its going to be like no mod you've ever seen before. We have created CGI FX for Marvel comics including Spider-Man dark ride and Incredible Hulk. So doing this is not that hard... we want to make the video part look like it was created for the game not an after thought. Obviously we can't sell the video but maybe we could put it up for download so you can snag it free. LOL

What we will offer is something that will totally replace the star map. The screen is going to be as big as the star map itself and the frame will be 3D printed. Once we create something we like we'll mold it so we can make multiples. We'll hand paint each one.

The screen we're adding has the ability for you to install any mini SD card you want, so you can play whatever video you want on it.

We'll have our video down, to show everyone in about 7 days.

The mod itself we'll have within that same time period.

Going to be pretty bad ass but FINALLY we can put to bed all the discussion about movie assets on the game.

We're also thinking about doing the same thing for ACDC, we'll make a stage with LED lights blinking. In the middle of that stage will be a massive screen, showing clips of the bad itself playing.

First things first... we're going do this Pirates.

1 week later
#7375 5 years ago

As I was stating working on a mod for the playfield which will cover the star map.

Here is a video sample... let me know what you think.

#7378 5 years ago

No it's not going to integrate with the game, for that we'd have to have access to the code itself. These could be added to their code, but they don't have the license to do so... neither do we. We're simply making a video mod, that you can hang on the front of the star map, which honestly I hate, think its a waste of breath. So this will cover that... it will be a screen bigger than the one on the Hobbit.

It will just be clips from the films, mixed with CGI FX we create to make it look like JJP did it for the game. That is why we added things like shoot again, etc.

Its going to show clips from all 5 movies. We're not going to sell the video, just the mod itself that allows you to use any video you want. However I guess I could email you a copy of our file. LOL

#7409 5 years ago

As for the mod, we'll have it done in a couple weeks, we'll install it on my game then create a video for you to see. It will not integrate with the game, however we're making the video to make it appear to... we want to make it seem like it was always supposed to be part of the game. This mod will be the mod to COMPLETE your Pirates game and give it what everyone wants... you want to see the clips JJP couldn't use.

As for Willy Wonka, yeah I think Pirates has more to it, but they dropped the price drastically for the standard editions. Wonka looks amazing.

Here is what I will say, just wait until THE MOD COUPLE get a hold of it!

We need MODS all JJP games are friendly to mods.

2 weeks later
#8307 4 years ago

Check out this update... going to add several more clips from the film but just making some custom cg fx. Also threw in something for Road Show.

3 weeks later
#9364 4 years ago

After you add basically every mod known to man kind... some pictures. This is the best pinball game ever made no doubt. Thanks to companies like the Mod Couple the game got a ton better.

IMG_2677 (resized).jpgIMG_2677 (resized).jpgIMG_2678 (resized).jpgIMG_2678 (resized).jpgIMG_2680 (resized).jpgIMG_2680 (resized).jpgIMG_2681 (resized).jpgIMG_2681 (resized).jpgIMG_2683 (resized).jpgIMG_2683 (resized).jpgIMG_2686 (resized).jpgIMG_2686 (resized).jpgIMG_2688 (resized).jpgIMG_2688 (resized).jpgIMG_2691 (resized).jpgIMG_2691 (resized).jpgIMG_2693 (resized).jpgIMG_2693 (resized).jpgIMG_2693 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2693 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2698 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2698 - Copy (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10976 4 years ago

Did anyone pick up the new mod for Mezel with barrels and crates and a mast ??? Adds to the game for sure which they would have painted it needs a bit more detail. But cool all the same. All the mods made for this game has just improved the game greatly. I say keep them coming. Still need someone to make a good captain jack and even a skeleton shark or how about some small pirates to put on the main ship.

#10977 4 years ago

Anyone who thinks you should post here for mods to the game is crazy... this is the best place to hear about new stuff. If someone has something why wouldn’t you want to know if you don’t like don’t read it.

1 month later
#11675 4 years ago

Since I might be the only person that has bought like every single mod that exists for this game I thought I would share a few pics... but I wanted to say c'mon keep them coming. We need a zombie shark for the ramp up to the ship, we need a skeleton with a wheel to guide the ship, we need a dingy boat with captain jack going into the cave. Keep them coming.

I wanted to say by far the best mods are from the Mod Couple these guys knock it out of the park!

I did however add that new apron looks awesome and the window/door for the ship... easy to install and looks great!

IMG_4850 (resized).jpgIMG_4850 (resized).jpgIMG_4851 (resized).jpgIMG_4851 (resized).jpgIMG_4852 (resized).jpgIMG_4852 (resized).jpgIMG_4853 (resized).jpgIMG_4853 (resized).jpgIMG_4854 (resized).jpgIMG_4854 (resized).jpg
#11680 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks for sharing. Where did you get the window/door for the black pearl?

They sell it here on pinside and I think its the only place you can buy it. They also sell those aprons which are really cool. Just find the machine on the machine list and you'll see the ads right under it.

8 months later
#14747 4 years ago

Will Pinside users allow a change of the guard, and let POTC to sit on top of the throne as the greatest pinball game ever created? POTC deserves to sit on top of that throne and people should be okay, and accept a new king of all-time pinball. Its beyond time to finally crown this game the goat? Who has ever put this much into one pinball game anyone? Oh yeah JJP did with Wizard of Oz, but you know what I'm saying.

Now if JJP will just release new codes to cement this once and for all that would be icing on the cake. Can't wait for round two with Eric, new code for Pirates and Guns N Roses.

Welcome to the Jungle baby!

#14752 4 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Any more info on this?

You want an honest opinion ... if I was a pinball company I would shut down the line for 6 months. I wouldn't release a new game now until Pinball Expo in Chicago. Keep your guys designing games, filling parts, and mods but focus on selling inventory. I wouldn't restart a pinball line making new games until I knew without any doubt the market is there, the economy is there. There is an old saying 'love to be a fly on the wall'. I'm sure all these guys are sitting around trying to figure out of the market will be strong enough for starting up the line, when they might be sitting on a lot of inventory.

My guess honestly is you won't see a new game until you hear some good news about the economy, or pinball expo. Pinball companies won't be able to get 50 dollars worth of PR for a game right now, much less distributors orders would almost certainly be down drastically even for a new game. Right now you have distributors sitting on piles on NIB games they can't sell. This is just my honestly to goodness opinion you won't see new games for months. The risk is just too high.

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Stern has released code updates for JP, Elvira, and Deadpool since the shutdown....Wish JJP would release a new code update

Yeah lets go JJP ... where is code for Wonka and Pirates.

10 months later
#16408 3 years ago

The guy who posted a conversation with Jack ... that was a total dick move! The guy is nice enough to share some info with you and you go posting the entire private conversation. WOW! Totally classless. Now every tom dick and harry is sharing that across facebook. You should be totally ashamed of yourself.

Its one thing to share that hey Jack mentioned to me they probably wouldn't make more games, but to post your private conversation is classless.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.