(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3187 5 years ago

Does anyone have the following measurements for POTC?

1) Max Height in service position with legs on; From the ground to the top of the playfield with the playfield fully up and leaning on the back box.
2) Width of the playfield from outer edge to outer edge. ( Not sure if it’s the same or a little different than a Bally/WMS widebody)

I have a low ceiling and am able to move a ceiling tile when needed for my Dialed In. There is not much room above the ceiling tile either.
With some manuevering I can get the bottom of the playfield in the ceiling tile slot when upright with maybe an inch of height to spare.
Not sure if I can do the same with POTC. So trying to see how wide and how high it will go.

Thanks!

1 month later
#6288 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Is the actual cabinet (width) dimensions any greater than B/W super pins?

Cabinet Width are both about the same: ~24.75”

Head is slightly wider: 28 3/4” vs 28 13/16” on POTC

This is compared to TZ

1 week later
#6913 4 years ago

Anyone get a Constellation Award for a Door yet? Not sure what shot that it is but saw it quickly during stacked MB and had never seen it before. I think this game has got some secrets......

Was also able to get the Black Pearl MB Jackpot shot off successfully, that was awesome.

#6919 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What do you mean by Door?

The Constellation award book opened and the Door shot and symbol was shown.

@ zaphX ; Captains Quarters’s? Is that on the ship? What am I missing?

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Would AFM Remake be a nice addition in a 2 pin collection to couple with POTC?
Why or why not?

Yes, absolutely.
AFM complements POTC very well.
One has a very deep rule set the other a
One is a more simple non mode based game that is very fun, challenging and exciting.
AFM is a great change of pace to playing PoTC.

#7188 4 years ago

Hi Guys, Joined the club today with LE 197 thanks to some peer pressure from kevinbuffalo
This is my first home pinball, have been an arcade guy in the past, so have some experience with wiring, pcbs, etc.
Having a couple of issues, and have a call in to the distributor, but figured Pinside might have some ideas?
1.) Have a Fork Malfunction/Device Broken error and balls wont lock in the chest
- Checked the suggested 2 screws to make sure they were tight
- Checked wiring under the play field for the fork mechanism and everything seems ok
- Individual coil tests will raise and lower the fork successfully
- The specific fork test itself will not work
- No balls will physically enter or lock in the chest, but screen animations show ball locks when hit through the middle chest shot
Anything else to check?>

#7191 4 years ago
Quoted from D_N_G:

Hi Guys, Joined the club today with LE 197 thanks to some peer pressure from kevinbuffalo
This is my first home pinball, have been an arcade guy in the past, so have some experience with wiring, pcbs, etc.
Having a couple of issues, and have a call in to the distributor, but figured Pinside might have some ideas?
1.) Have a Fork Malfunction/Device Broken error and balls wont lock in the chest
- Checked the suggested 2 screws to make sure they were tight
- Checked wiring under the play field for the fork mechanism and everything seems ok
- Individual coil tests will raise and lower the fork successfully
- The specific fork test itself will not work
- No balls will physically enter or lock in the chest, but screen animations show ball locks when hit through the middle chest shot
Anything else to check?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check to see if the the switch is engaged when the fork is in the up position.
You can do this with the Playfield up; Manually slide the fork mech into the up position and see if it engages the switch (with the machine off).

The switch is engaged by the roll pins that are attached to the mech (circled below) It is possible this has loosened up and even fallen out into your cabinet. Mine fell out and had to be reattached and tightened.

After you put the fork in the up position with
Coil test you can then go into the switch matrix to see if the fork switch is registered.

F4365C28-10F1-4713-BF98-61D082C86E04 (resized).jpegF4365C28-10F1-4713-BF98-61D082C86E04 (resized).jpeg
#7215 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Man..I'm TRYING really hard to enjoy this game...
Looks like the right flipper on the BP is only going up about half as much as the left flipper.
Maybe just a loose flipper?
I'll have to investigate tomorrow.
Night all...

Might not be a problem. Mine don’t travel equally either and have read others may be similar. As long as you have good control (can you cradle with left flipper a bit) and can make the shots it should be ok. I don’t think the right flipper needs to travel as much as the left.

LTG.... thought?

1 week later
#7765 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anyone that's spent a good amount of time with both Dialed In and jjPotC knows jjPotC DESTROYS Dialed In. Utterly.
And yes, LE over SE - IF you can still find one, even the CEs are drying up fast. Jack is going to regret cutting this production run short to get WonkaVoltaire on the line. He should have skipped that WoZ YBR...thing and just moved jjPotC to the small line instead.

Not sure I agree that one blows away the other but of course that depends on your taste and what you like in a pin.

They are both very enjoyable yet different games. DI shoots better and has just about unrivaled flow. As of now I think the modes are also better on DI, but that may change with code updates.

POTC is an EPIC and immersive journey with just so much going on and so much to do.

Both are very challenging and keep you coming back.

#8126 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Gameplay question (mostly)!!!! ...
Should I put mylar on the side of the ship to protect it from missed shots? Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. I truly went back and forth on whether or not to make that joke but I couldn't help myself.

I would suggest putting Mylar on your balls instead.

2 weeks later
#8826 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

mtp78 it's a full install so you need to boot with the stick already in the game when you turn it on.

Hi Keefer,

Any issues with the install using a MAC to create the Install package on a USB . I have the USB all ready using UNetbootin from my Mac. I noticed the instructions were a little off; using a Mac you can’t change the USB drive destination to the E: Drive as it states in the directions. So I let it run with the default (something like /dev/disc3s1) and it completed. I see multiple folders/files on the USB now.

Just checking to avoid an oh Sh&t moment before I try the full install.

Thanks

Thanks

#8828 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:I’m a Mac user too - it will work!

Ok great...thanks Derek. How do you like it so far. I guess the left post helper doesn’t go up for Stranger Tides. I saw that on Buffalo Pinball stream. Otherwise you like it a lot?

#8834 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I just didn't recall it ever going up as a helper in other circumstances.

It should also go up during modes (not sure if all the time though ) when you need the inner loop to collect a character and don’t need the left loop.

#8979 4 years ago

Can we plunder?

#8993 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So, just got done setting the game up. Seems to be playing perfect, everything working, but of course I don’t know what I’m doing yet. Two possible minor issues.
1. The lock bar is pretty tight to the glass. The lock bar lock mechanism is fine but it’s almost as if the glass should be 1/16-1/8 shorter.
2. Tough to push the play field down, the hangers likely need adjusting. There is a grey foam block in the back wall of the game, does that come out or stay there?
This is by far the heaviest game I have ever moved. It makes twilight zone feel like a feather. I thought the hobbit and woz were heavy, this is a beast of a game.

Congrats Rob! You will love it.
Besides the foam block the back of the play field may get caught up on the wire bundle conduit plastic.

I did a temporary reinforcement of my basement stairs before we brought it in.

#9278 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey Keith, any chance of considering the configurable 2 second ball save after chapter select. Just had it drain twice yesterday sdtm. Can go days without it happening because of the random magnet action. And then it can hit multiple times in one game. Happened once in my highest scoring game to date.

I second that. This would be a great addition.
I am thinking this might happen more often when the magnets are “hot” and need to cool down. When I get an SDTM it usually is with little to no pull of the magnet from post. There are times there is a lot of pull and other times there isn’t much; more often after a few games and multiballs. Other root cause could be timing; the ball hung up by the post while magnet is “pulling” due to ball sitting low against the rubber (ie worn rubber).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drdq.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=drdq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.