(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dergoetz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1306 5 years ago

deleted as I didn't have to "go there"

#1310 5 years ago

deleted as I didn't have to "go there"

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

But this is the jjpotc owner and fan club... you don’t sound like either

I just realized that and apologize for stinking up the room...my bad, hands down

1 month later
#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The playfield is literally that tight to the cabinet on my game.

Wow

That is one of the worst findings and QC problems I have ever heard of

2 weeks later
#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

1:black
2:yes
3:yes
4:no

one worded answers: Norwegian confirmed

#4140 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Yeah it’s weird I can’t get answers from the distributor and jersey jack says contact your distributor. Running in a circle here.

Get deposit back, purchase from someone with stock

#4144 5 years ago

Delays are acceptable, not being answered is not

#4181 5 years ago

wish I could upvote more than once

#4263 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

LE vs CE. It’s a completely different monitor (controls on the back are different.)
I’m hoping to tweak mine to look as good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

you see the same effect of saturation vs brightout at

#4302 5 years ago

well..does that mean cheaper monitors on POTC Standard and LE than on WOZ, DI and Hobbit? And the old original style only on the POTC CE?

Only a JJP collector would be able to check on that

#4340 5 years ago

For me it was not staring at JDepp.
Well worth the ticket

#4618 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm glad you love it but I wouldn't , it looks exactly like the cheap plywood we get at work from time to time . Every shooter Lane I have seen is blonde wood with maybe some grain lines . You can see in the picture the layers of plywood aren't the same thickness . Below is a picture of the Pirates shooter Lane compared to a hobbit . I can't believe they used this type of plywood on playfields . Just my thoughts .
[quoted image][quoted image]

In the end what matters, and what only matters, is that these playfields do not dimple like some of the Sterns.

Why you are so upset about a layer that only serves one single purpose, which is spacing out and creating a sandwich effect, will remain your little secret. Unproductive bickering.

#4695 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not looking to open this debate again, but I’m a firm believer that dimpling is unavoidable unless you don’t play the machine regardless of manufacturer.
My POTC is dimpling at around the same rate as my Star Wars. No worse no better.

That why I said ~some~ Stern

I have seen Star Wars LEs that dimple like your POTC, hardly at all, I have seen Star Wars Pros that dimple, within days, to something that looks like Jabba the Huts ass..

With Stern it is a roll of the dice, with JJP you get top shelve, always.

I own 3 Stern LEs and 2 Pros, rest premiums, know first hand unfortunately

#4711 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I can’t sink that shot with the left flipper. It takes a good strong hit from the right one.

I can sink with left but better get the upper left floor out of the way in time

#4712 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

My game out of the box last nite is still not fixed. Working with jjp now...very frustrating to deal with alot of out of the box issues. Jjp has been great like usual and eventually i am sure it will work correctly. Map disc not working, chest wont eject balls so game goes in ball search,no start button light and some other small stuff. I am keeping the faith and hoping jjp qc improves

With chest i can help

You see that black metal arm that holds the balls back on the left.
Gently push down on it, that will cause it to rotate out of the way.

Only fyi a degree or two at a time, this is finicky.

Takes a few tries until you have the right position but you will be good to go from there on.

Too low and they all roll out, too high and the second but definitely the third ball will get stuck.

Until you work on the target ship and touch the chest lock assembly by accident
Then it's time for resetting it once again

#4739 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Added to the fixes page, thank you!

That is not a fix per se, those are subjective preferences.
Ok my DVI POTC CE I have brightness at 42, contrast at 80 for perfect black and vibrant colors, color user, temp user

#4740 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Catching up on this thread. Lots of posts today. For the Pinnovators sub mixer, they recommend sending the sound down both the right and left channel for best results. For this pin I did something different. I tapped off of the speaker tabs, but feed both channels of the 3.5mm Pinnovators wire using a gadget from Amazon. Working great, solid connection.
[quoted image]

You can go with high (amplified) load into the Pinnovator SubMix?

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=58&osCsid=v0j72l1pmjm6r49kb93549pu30

Usually I go in with the preamp signal path, not the amp out.

Or are you running this in the path as well:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=84

#4741 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve been hesitant to do that as the defaults have the powers mismatched, presumably intentionally. Maybe for gameplay balance, maybe for airball prevention.
I can hit the chest from the left flipper, but it definitely rolls out more frequently for me.

Bump them up 1 step at a time until on the left the ball does airball out of the maelstrom, on the right it airballs into the gate on top of the ramp.
Now back to your last good setting ... depending on comfort zone maybe home two back.

My stock setting was offset as well, I bet it's just what they are told to do at the factory.
I left the ship flippers stock, but increased the three playfield flippers to upp the fun factor and take any floatiness out of the game and makes the chest more reliable.

#4778 5 years ago

Could one of you CE guys do me a quick favor and either show or explain how the topper is hooked up? It comes with one dark blue/ light blue and one dark blue/ dark blue with purple stripe lead (two leads/cables total), both on connectors with two female plugs, they reach ca. 4 inches into the backbox, no two connectors up there in reach or first sight, no additional cable came with my topper, please assist if you could.

-Goetz

#4780 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Could one of you CE guys do me a quick favor and either show or explain how the topper is hooked up? It comes with one dark blue/ light blue and one dark blue/ dark blue with purple stripe lead (two leads/cables total), both on connectors with two female plugs, they reach ca. 4 inches into the backbox, no two connectors up there in reach or first sight, no additional cable came with my topper, please assist if you could.
-Goetz

Found it, hidden behind the left speaker for future reference

My cable is around 3 inches to short to make connection, hence it was not obvious at first sight, will cut and solder extension in place.

#4783 5 years ago

Well, they are 3 inches short

#4786 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sorry, saw that after I already replied. That sucks! We had to pull on ours a little bit but they worked.

Already fixed, and a reminder to everyone in on the CE: the software .98 is set to the wrong topper speed stock, it is preset to 12.
Try a number between 4 and 6 instead, the noise will be gone and the ship will gently rock as it is supposed to, not hop and down like a raceboat

#4800 5 years ago

Here is what I took away from setting up my CE:

Eric's design is absolutely solid, and whoever did QC on the assembly line needs a kick in the rear.

Once I addressed and fixed all the things I had to address and fix the sound design became obvious.

Except for a few small modifications that I had to make, I will share those here in the coming days.

#4884 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Thanks for the advice! I will look at that closer if the new balls don't fix the problem.

It could be that the whole release assembly is out of alignment.
When working on the target ship you can easily touch the chest release arm and get it out of alignment by mistake.

Grab that little black arm and push a tad down on it.

Now shoot a ball into chest. If the ball stops bend a tad more. Rinse/repeat.

Once the ball slips through with arm in the locked position you went a bit too far. Bend back to the last good position and you now have the lock assembly in the most aggressive alignment possible, should now work on regular release times like a dream.

If ball 2 and 3 being added to the stack or very fast balls entering the chest cause a ball to slip through raise the arm a tad, as well.

Fininkey but achievable.

And next time you work on the target ship be carefull not to touch the chest lock arm....it doesn't take much as the assembly is necessarily flimsy.

#4887 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Thanks! For now new balls seem to have solved the problem. As soon as I changed them the release worked correctly.

So to confirm, the stock balls were the problem?

#5041 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone clue me in to what this Kaneda review is? Is this the same Kaneda guy I'm thinking about???? 2-4 years ago he would just troll every thread and basically everyone just told him to shut up. He had some anime character as his avatar....

That was Hilton

#5069 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You did good!
Here’s Kaneda’s look when you told him you bought Star Wars and love it.
[quoted image]
And of course, Derecks peace out when the interview was over:
[quoted image]

You're a little obsessed with Chris.
Got a man-crush on him?

#5082 5 years ago

Is plundering enabled at Pinballstar, Joe?

#5200 5 years ago

Well...did he ever adjust the spinning disc ride hide?

If the disc is too liw the clear will be torn off just like that.

#5300 5 years ago

Three code issues on 0.98 I wanted to share:

One out of 10 games the wrong Piece of Eight is being called out as collected, but the correct one is added to the list of already collected Pieces on the screen

I has one game where I loaded the cannon and the Pearl stopped rocking. Just sat there level.
Had to drain the ball and the Pearl started moving again.

Disabled "Pro Tips" or what is was called and now most of the after ball bonus screens do not play background clips, it is only the white text on black background.

#5301 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A little additional info - I was adjusting that mech last night because the tips of the fork were coming up through the playfield when retracted.
After putting it back together I noted the fork would not retract. Upon examination I noticed a wire to the smaller coil (the one which pulls the release lever) had broken off. I soldered it back and the problem resolved.

Exact same had happened to me. Both solder points were cold, of incredibly poor quality. Pulled the original solder and resoldered the cables, all good now.

#5353 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Something else I noticed and haven’t been able to remember on locations games I’ve played, the left out lane/inland spotlights. They don’t seem to be pointing up but since they’re facing the back of the game I get huge glare on the backbox screen. I angled them down a bit more but still crazy glare, not sure the solution.

Only one solution due to the geometry here, pull all spots and install Pinstadium.

#5379 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I hope not. Did you do this?

Yes, could not handle the glare
It is important to tape over the pinstadium leds at

Cave
Kraken
Target ship
Pearl entrance

As they are otherwise too bright
20190301_145546 (resized).jpg20190301_145546 (resized).jpg

#5380 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Cave
[quoted image]

20190228_153313 (resized).jpg20190228_153313 (resized).jpg

#5639 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I have had the same problem from day one so I submitted a support ticket about this on January 14th and have heard absolutely nothing back from JJP!
I would imagine that other people have the same problem but probably think they are not timing their shot correctly and don't realize that the two ships are not aligned like they should be. I'm hoping more people start bringing this to JJP's attention so that it can be addressed with some type of fix.

Since everything is designed in CAD, playfield cut in CNC, since everything therefore mounts the same I would think that it has to be the cannon itself.
Can someone post the page from the manual? So that we can look at the mech?

#5704 5 years ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

There is indeed a foam strip along the rear of the chest, separate from the shipping foam. I'd say you should verify game leveling before attempting to trim it.
Also, about your screen blackout- you are now the third or fourth person (including me!) To experience a single non-repeating instance of this. For me it was after my second game, still has never happened again. Weird!
[quoted image]

How nicely cut your foam strip is.

On my CE the installer didn't give a rats ass, they ripped the stripp off of the roll of foam tape by hand, looks "very" nice....

3 weeks later
#7164 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yoiu can also pull the knob of the switch out to lock it on for testing.
LTG : )

Pro-Tip right here, you just blew my mind....and for years I played Pinball-Twister in front of my coindoor testing shit.....LOL.....

#7235 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Man..I'm TRYING really hard to enjoy this game...
Looks like the right flipper on the BP is only going up about half as much as the left flipper.
Maybe just a loose flipper?
I'll have to investigate tomorrow.
Night all...

Yes, lose flipper. Both of mine were lose out of box....

#7364 5 years ago

I got most of the game figured out by now.... But what are skulls, their values and their bonuses?

#7581 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Haha, right??
She’s adamant that we get good at it as shipped/designed, so our skills will be portable to other machines.

Well... on a Stern I agree.... On a JJP you usually better come in at 300lbs plus if you want any chance at nudging.

Or are as of the chains as Derek's wife is... She almost threw the POTC out of the window during her successful right outlane saves yesterday

3 months later
#11614 4 years ago

Harry Houdini's "Apron Art" Upgraded Decal Set and Full Width Galaxy Starmap Backboard Plastic installed on my CE

20190731_121309 (resized).jpg20190731_121309 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#13511 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have a spare CE playfield or know of any around?

You don't want an old CE playfield, you want a new generation one from JJP once they come in from Germany

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 38.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dergoetz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.