(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,145 posts
  • 477 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 221 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,301 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpeg
6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg
D162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpeg
2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg
afmr10 (resized).jpg
D18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpeg
D7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpeg
DB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpeg
CF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpeg
74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpeg
B3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpeg
272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg
DFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpeg
DSC00679 (resized).JPG
DSC00142 (resized).JPG
A75D81E8-78B5-442D-AAAD-C31B0532E678 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (1 year ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (11 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (10 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (9 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (9 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (9 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (8 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (8 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (8 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (7 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (7 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (6 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 1 year ago

I'm excited to see a stream of this and the teams feedback. I think you guys are some of the best out there.

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd argue this game out does DI and HOBBIT for sure.

Not even close when comparing to DI. I would have agreed with Hobbit until I bought one. I actually think pirates is a downgrade in quality after now playing a production version 30 times or so. In fact the presentation especially is off and things like the nice powder for LE seems to be gone. I'm disappointed right now but early impressions can change as the layout is amazing. Don't mean to be Debbie Downer but that's where I am right now with this title. Just came back from playing after thinking about buying one

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, The Hobbit has probably the nicest factor powder coat ever created for a pinball machine, followed by WOZ in my opinion. The factory powder coat for Dialed In LE is average and is a downgrade from both WOZECLE and Hobbit LE. The powder coat on Dialed In LE is just a flat color and doesn't have no where near as nice of finish as the powder coat on WOZ ECLE and Hobbit LE. The powder coat on POTC LE is designed to feel like the finish of a canon and I think it does a pretty good of doing that. I wish that the LE model came with some type of metal plate around the lockdown bar button similar to Stern Star Trek and ACDC.
On another note WOZ ECLE has a mirrored backglass, Hobbit artwork is printed on the backglass I believe (but not mirrored) but both Dialed In LE and POTC LE have translites. On Dialed In you have to spend $12.5K for the CE to get a mirrored backglass and the higher quality metallic finish powder coat...ugh. I don't like that JJP stopped putting mirrored backglasses on their LE games yet prices have gone up with each model.

Agreed with the backglass. By no means am I writing off pirates but I'm just disappointed right now that's all. I think even pirates quality jjp smokes Stern but cost is higher too...

#158 1 year ago

Kevin - I'm excited to hear you compare your experience with this game and dialed in now that you own both. I suspect they compliment each other well with one being standard other side so let's ignore that for now..... Straight vs mode..... On a desert island with only one of them..... Which one is it?

..... And we know it's early for pirates but immediate first impressions is still helpful.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Don't make me choose!
Keeping in mind that I'm still in the honeymoon period with it, honestly just due to the sheer number of ways you can approach the game with the different captains and sets of modes etc, I'd probably pick POTC for the desert island. Not to mention it'd be thematically appropriate!
And that's saying a lot because I LOVE Dialed In. So there you go, for whatever that's worth.

That's it! I'm selling my DI!

haha jk - thanks for the input.

1 month later
#551 1 year ago

I played this game a lot tonight and it's really fun. Not 10k fun for me but I'll be the first to jump in huo.

I've really come around to the upper pf ship. Prob one of the best in pinball. Not into the theme at all but it's the 2nd best widebody out there.

1 week later
#897 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

The house that Jack built. 2/3 games working perfectly and just need to work on the potc upper pf flipper tomorrow if I can get the wiring all straightened out and then I’ll be golden.
[quoted image]

..... And you're missing their masterpiece

4 weeks later
#1652 11 months ago

I think I might be joining this crazy club......super excited if I do. Been playing this at a local bar and really starting to appreciate all the value it provides. Will need to review all of the fixes although the idea of cutting things has me a little worried!

#1659 11 months ago

I'm assuming the JJP WOZ / Hobbit option on pinball side mirrors will work for this game (for mirror blades)?

#1701 11 months ago

I like the idea of changing the figure that spins but def don't want more Depp. Where are others buying replacements and can they link here?

Getting mine Sunday - super pumped. I ended up spending about $20 at the local pin pub place as I really got into the game, put the music loud and it really opened up the game. Opportunity presented itself and I jumped on it. My biggest concern was the Pirate theme as I don't care POTC but it's really not heavy on POTC - it's more generic which I like. Still wish the powder was Hobit nice but that's fine. It shoots really well, always played fast and now that I know what to do on that ship, I like it. It also has that super satisfying left loop which is rare and I love the secret shots, odd left lane drain and right lane come back.

I just hope the right ramp ship shot doesn't get tedious after a while. More to come.

#1702 11 months ago

Btw all the modes I've seen are shoot X X X shot. Are they all like this with just a varying amount of shots or is there more variety like Hobbit?

#1716 11 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

that seems to be the extent of all the modes. i'm hoping via code updates they can add some more varied objectives. plenty of targets on the game to leverage.

Interesting bc there are so many if them. Kind of disappointed but i guess it could be added

#1720 11 months ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

That's sort of correct. On the surface, you're right.
But here's the thing: aren't all games with modes just shooting lit shots? Not sure what you're expecting? And in fact, the way the game works, there's over 120 modes, with 25 randomly selected per game. So every time you play, your shooting different shots for each movie's chapters. There's no other game out there that compares.
Then, you add in the layer where character selection changes values, could make modes easier, makes it so you don't have to shoot that character for certain modes, etc...
Added to that, you can change the value of modes by holding their value, completing more modes. There's just so much there...
What's amazing about this game is that there's so many different strategies to employ, due to character selection.

Check out the Hobbit and how varied the modes are. For example telling you to not hit certain shots and although it has a ton of drop target specific modes, it does a good job to make it seem that it's not just X shot.

I don't own this yet so can't comment for sure just asking based on videos I've seen.

#1736 11 months ago

best video to watch to get a better understanding of the rules? Looked at Bros and some others but curious what people like....

#1744 11 months ago

man is there a better combo than DI and POTC? Standard size with top right flipper and wide body with top left flipper. Now should I spread the JJP love and keep them sep or put them next to each other?

#1747 11 months ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Check out buffalo pinball recents. They had early access and did a .98 code stream.

great call - haven't seen yet.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/347483309

Buffalo pinball kicks ass. Love those guys

#1775 11 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

ZMeny... you should use this one instead....but what do I know not sure I would want his ugly mug on there twice...[quoted image]

where are you guys getting these figures to replace the popper guy?

Also this sdtm video contains such a great amount of info on this game that I haven't seen anywhere else.

#1780 11 months ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

NECA Pirates of the Caribbean Series 3 Captain Jack Sparrow Action Figure
$39.99
This is the one you guys want. Breaks clean at the waist. You have to snip the sword case and his fabric belt that hangs down. Dam near the same size as Tom.

Thanks. Going to try and find figurines of others as I'm already looking at Jack right in front of my flippers. I want DJ.

eBay 15% off everything today time to do it

How are you guys removing the original and attaching new?

#1783 11 months ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

There are two screws holding Tom on top of barrel. Thats it.

Nice. Thanks. Not sure I can get the Davey Jones bc his jacket might be too long.

#1787 11 months ago

So what is the right way to update code to .98? Want to ensure I don't make the same mistake

#1817 11 months ago

Pirates pickup day!

#1837 11 months ago

Game is in the house and updating code now.

First thing I noticed is that the screen by default is very washed out. After adjusting the contrast of the screen from 50 to 85 or so, it's much better. Much more pop - just requires to you unhook the tv lock and bring it out.

EDIT - still waiting for code to update. In the meantime I noticed there are tip screens in b/w balls. Anyway to turn those off?

#1839 11 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yep, in the settings menu.

just found it. Now I'm looking to find the setting that dumps out balls that were locked in previous game.

Topper in person is much nice than online.

#1842 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Gone from JJP games.
If everything is working, they should automatically do this.
LTG : )

yep just realized the same. works without me doing it. Too bad there isnt a GI brightness like the hobbit. That game would get really bright. Seems like JJP removed this option - not sure why.

#1844 11 months ago

Smoothest standard body meet the smoothest widebody!

I'm really getting into the code and things are making sense but sometimes I get in the upper pf and it's like I've already qualified the sails but didn't do anything

Best upper pf in the game. Period.

20181216_210010 (resized).jpg

#1899 11 months ago

so where exactly is the hurry up shot? I see lights flashing towards the top center but is it chest or star?

The pf if you look at it closely really does a good job of laying everything out for the player. The amount of shots on this game is staggering. Music is absolutely fantastic (David is such an amazing talent - he nailed Alien too). The lack of voice acting isn't noticeable UNTIL the modes - I feel like they are a little underwhelming right now. If it wasn't for the amazing bell/chime effects, the unique music along with the too short video clip, it would be disappointing but these elements make them enjoyable.

An absolute beast of a game - really a special widebody with so many enjoyable toys. I'm even digging the gold button which I thought would be annoying but it's fun trying to get the gold but not lose the next shot. Animations on the screen are 11/10.

#1962 11 months ago

So I can qualify chapters but how do I actually get credit for chapters so I can combine with MB mode to get wizard? Do I need 5 or so to at least start?

Also - best way to tweak the tuga VUK? Sometimes mine shoots into the right inlane. It's really the only thing I've seen that doesn't play as expected and even that works 7 out of 10.

#1976 11 months ago

so two items:

1) Gold button sometimes gets stuck a little after multiple presses - anyone experience this?
2) Bumper VUK sometimes hits sling. I know you can change power but it seems like it could be more than that. Anyone experience this and any thoughts to have it kick out clean 100%? Right now it's around 70%?

#1981 11 months ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Could also try the Stern button that folks say doesn't bind:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-7791-00

Nice - I might do that too. Now for that bumper VUK.....I'll take a look through here.

#2002 11 months ago

Goodbye Tom, hello Jack. Series II figure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How are you actually attaching the figure though double sided tape or hot glue? I was hoping to use the squid guy but not sure he would work

#2005 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two screws from the bottom up. Then two screws hold the figure/barrel to the pop bumper. Page C-32 in the manual.
I don't think double sided tape or hot glue would last long on a pop bumper.
LTG : )

Thanks!

Btw can someone post the left spinner devil's triangle from their game? Mine works and spins fine but is it designed to be on an angle?

20181219_205033 (resized).jpg
#2007 11 months ago

I guess mine is like that too. It plays perfectly so I'll leave it. By the way this stuff worked wonders on my coin button. Works perfect now. Little spray and all good. Loving this game.

20181219_211624 (resized).jpg20181219_211719 (resized).jpg

#2020 11 months ago

Speaking of the shooter lane those metal guides on it are not in my DI. It almost seems to keep the ball from touching the wood so will this prevent shooter wear going forward? I usually mylar up down there! You know safety first of course

#2025 11 months ago

Two gameplay questions:

Can someone explain constellation shots/bonus? I understand all the other rules but not sure what I'm expected to check on that star map in the back. I thought it was just decoration!

Chapter selection - if you don't pick the character that allows you to pick, how are you guys focusing on getting five of the same color considering it's very easy to light other movie chapters and then you're left with just random chance. I'm struggling with qualifying 5 chapters preventing me from getting wizard....

#2028 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You have to have sniper skills and some ball control to really focus on one movie and 5 chapters.
Calypso is the easiest path to wizard modes.

Ok so you're really just shooting for chapters and hoping to qualify what you can vs focusing on 1 movie.... Seems like that's going to be challenging without using that one character to get 5 started.....a good challenge though. Love how many ways they're are to play this

#2084 11 months ago

Oh mirror blades.... What would I do without you....

Got a really nice shooter rod too looks great fast shipping. Thanks tonycip

20181220_194339 (resized).jpg20181220_194344 (resized).jpg20181220_194349 (resized).jpg

20181220_194610 (resized).jpg
#2087 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the shooter rod, who is selling these?

tonycip. 35 shipped. Absolute steal imo. Great product.

Btw I'm continuing to tweak the color of the display and I think I like these settings for more color pop. Might be a little much but running with it for now. Looks closer to my dialed in display.

FYI for those that want to try.
20181220_205608 (resized).jpg20181220_205616 (resized).jpg

Edit - little too much. Went to 7500 color and 85 brightness and 92 contrast for now.

#2097 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I managed to fix my shooter lane issue! BIG thanks to my distributor Gary from Abel Electronics who conferenced me in with JJP support.
Their immediate response allowed me to learn how to safely remove the shooter wireform, bend it a bit so it snugs up where it should, and reassemble the game.
I am now only having three issues:
1. Sticking gold button (like everyone)
2. Off-center topper (like everyone)
3. No Star Map functionality (but I think upgrading the firmware may fix this? I’m on 0.96)
4. No tilt bob (replacement en route)
This has been an exhausting and frustrating day. Getting the 330lb of pin up the stairs was quite a challenge, even for two people and a rented power stair climber.
I am glad the game is now working and I can enjoy it!
And again, big ups for support from the two companies involved. Problems happen but it’s how you respond to them that matters.

Check my post about the gold button bc after spraying it the button has been working perfectly.

#2101 11 months ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Bye Bye Tom
[quoted image]

Would this character work as a replacement? I would like to put him on but not sure with that jacket...

ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Davy Jones Dead Mans Chest Series 1 Figure Nip

#2106 11 months ago

yelobird just received the two mods. Super quick shipping great quality. Feel like these came factory they work so well. That lockdown bar seems makes without something on it like Hobbit while the Canon really gets the point across that we all imagine is there is really there now.

btw - I bought my mirror blades from pinballsidemirrors.com (cointaker owned) - get the JJP WOZ/HOBBIT version.

20181221_111131 (resized).jpg20181221_111136 (resized).jpg20181221_111139 (resized).jpg20181221_111203 (resized).jpg

#2111 11 months ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Is this the type of vinyl that you used? If not, where did you get yours at?
amazon.com link »

I would like to know as well. Plan on putting that on too.

#2122 11 months ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I don't think anyone understands this well except maybe Eric M and Keith J

I have the same questions. In fact it's the only thing I don't understand

#2137 11 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

no, this is part of the Limited / Collector's edition package.
that being said, you are not left out. the playfield will "twinkle" in the area that you need to hit to complete the star map.

You seem to understand how the starmap works. Care to explain?

#2142 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats the one I am using for my game but I paid WAY less then that! As the Series 1 figures have long gone out of production you need to simply keep your eye out they do pop up cheap you just can't be in a hurry! Mine cost $18 and don't worry about the NIB variable as your going to throw away the box And over half of the figure anyway! lol

post a pic? Would like to see what it looks like

#2144 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Will do but my CE arrives Sunday so unless you want to see it spinning on my finger it will take a few days. Lol

did you have to trim off the coat at all? Any info on how you did it would be appreciated.

#2153 11 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Now that Depp has been kicked from the series, could we see a version of this game without a huge picture of him in the middle of the playfield? That picture made me think this game looked terrible even though it's supposed to be a great game.

What's funny is that I was bummed about Depps face being there right in the front but guess who both my kids gravitated too as soon as we got this....Depp's character. They never seen the movies but of all 22 characters, Depp is their fav and it's not even close. I've actually gotten warmer on the idea as there aren't many characters that look like a typical pirate believe it or not (with the full pirate setup).

This game is really something special. More I play, understand - the rule set to me is actually fairly simple to follow compared to my other experiences with games like WOZ. The team did a really good job to clarify what is going on - call outs on this game are some of the best to help the player too. Only exception is this starmap - no idea still. They could also touch up the rules on the boat for newbies.

Such a great game - widebody especially.

#2162 11 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I like the Depp pictures.
On another note, got to kraken and fountain of youth wizard modes last night. Didn’t beat them. But the wizard modes feel epic. The sound, the lighting, you feel like you’re in an epic one on one battle with your game.

agreed! I've gotten to two - both were presented well.

#2181 11 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The play field art looks great imo. There's no way you could have a potc movie based game and not have Jack frickin sparrow on it. Get real. He IS the main character. Nobody has to like Depp, but sparrow is a must on this game, and I think the play field looks like it should.

Totally agree with this. It's unavoidable.

#2187 11 months ago

Pinstadiums about to be installed. Not sold yet on using them for this game so transferring from another. Will report back very soon. I was skeptical on DI but it made a HUGE diff so going in on this too.

I play in complete darkness at night so they def could use but concerned the modes shots and other times it's very apparent the GI has changed color that it's going to be lost (that impact). again will report back soon

#2189 11 months ago

OK - so here we go. I have to say, I doubt these pics will get this across but with the way I have them configured (not 100% full blast but 70 or so) - they are EXACTLY what I need for full dark play. Put a red/purple color with the whites - perfect for what I need.

Flasher integration using the Shaker motor to push off the uv is great too.

Btw there are red clouds on the star map.... Never even noticed that before haha

I will post these here but trust me, the way it looks in person is not as extreme. Very happy - only in FULL dark play would I need this but that's the way I play at night!

Edit - went a little lighter and blue. This could be the best. I wouldn't use this unless with no lights on. See third pic for this on and fourth off
20181222_175355 (resized).jpg20181222_175344 (resized).jpg
20181222_195748 (resized).jpg20181222_195800 (resized).jpg

#2192 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That second picture looks awesome! lol Sorry while I like that product, just didn't seem needed in this title. Its a dark pirate theme no need to night baseball the playfield in my opinion.

I look at the pictures I uploaded and I would comment that's great but it looks like hot garbage too!

It's so hard to demonstrate what these lights do but trust me, the lights did exactly what I wanted. Very happy.

#2200 11 months ago

Btw I did experience balls getting caught up in the subway during MB recently and I applied the fix noted earlier and haven't had one since

Great job pinside. I had two very minor issues and they are both resolved. Game plays 100%

#2204 11 months ago

Btw straightened out my left spinner. Push the bracket up and to the left of anyone else has this issue. Mine was getting caught under the Rock and ramp

20181219_205033 (resized).jpg20181222_211427 (resized).jpg
#2206 11 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Installed mod couple disc silencer. Easy with great instructions included. And it’s like night and day. MUCH quieter, almost silent even.

Good to hear. I have mine but haven't installed yet. Disc is noticeable but not really while actually playing. How long did it take you as instructions are extensive

#2211 11 months ago

So I notice there are skulls in the chapter icons under each movie. I'm talking about the 5 spaces that represent your chapter progress. One of them is a skull. What does that represent?

#2224 11 months ago

"So if the skull is in the fourth box from the left on the row, that just means you’ll start whatever chapter the game has chosen for that spot if you start a chapter and it lands on that colored movie. Regardless, you have to play 5 from that movie to progress towards qualifying that movie’s wizard mode."

I understood everything except this part. Does the multiplication of value you described just apply to the chapter in the skull slot on the screen? Still not sure what these skulls mean that are placed randomly once on the five chapter slots on the screen

#2228 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

From one of the JJP guys.
“If I read what you're asking correctly, the skull icon under the open cannon port indicates the currently selected chapter from that movie that you have qualified. I'm pretty sure it has the Chapter title displayed somewhere there, but I'm not currently in front of a game(I'm at a bar a mile from the factory, actually. I've been in Lakewood NJ getting the CEs off the line). If you shoot that movie's shot again, the skull will move one position to the right, indicating that you have changed that movie's qualified chapter to the next one. Each movie has 5 chapters pulled from it's pool of 25ish at the beginning of the game, and the skull indicates which one from that movie you currently have as the contender to start if you shoot Chapter Start. If you only have one movie lit, obviously the Chapter that skull is indicating is what you will start. If you have multiple movies lit, then it will be a toss up between whichever chapter the skulls are currently referencing from the different movie's.... Hope that cleared it up! But I've had a couple 9% IPAs and am typing on my phone”

Haha I'm not sure why but I just don't understand the point still. I'll read again...

#2237 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Each movie has 25 chapters available but only five chapters get picked out of those 25 for a game. The skull represents one out of those five. And every time you hit that movies shot the skull moves selecting a different chapter out of the 5.

So it has no point purpose? It just they're to select different chapters? I just want to determine if I need to care about it at all from a score perspective bc I was trying to get the movie that corresponded to slot that had a skull on it on the map thinking more points when getting chapter select shot

#2292 11 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I completely agree. I figured at least this way if they were not already aware, they would read and see the bug if others also had this.

Appreciate you mentioning this. I disabled the tips as they are SUPER annoying but I'm seeing all black which I thought was normal. I'll prob swap back to check it out thanks

#2421 11 months ago

Anyone know how to earn extra balls? I think it says constellations but how do you earn those? Or are those the shots where symbols are shiwn

#2450 11 months ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Had another very funny Game and ended #1 with an high ARRR! Frenzy score (stacked Multiball with 5x Playfield and then started Frenzy).
Not so easy anymore to get in the High Score List.
This Game is so much fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get the F out of here. For those posting scores please confirm how many balls per play. I know the Europeans love their fine ball

#2525 11 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Ok, side mirrors: who to get from (pinballsidemirrors.com?) and what type? B/W, JJP Hobbit/WOZ, or JJP Dialed In?

check my posts in this thread as I installed mine from the same website and they worked perfectly fine. JJP Hobbit WOZ

I also second Modcouple making premade DJ to sell. Just not my type of thing.

1 week later
#2777 10 months ago

for people who don't own this game and are reading this thread every day seeing new issue after another - maybe I'm just the lucky one but I haven't had any real issues. Literally none. The game plays amazing too. I just wanted to mention this b/c if I was a new buyer and read this thread I might be concerned about getting one.

#2779 10 months ago

i would also say that at least 90% of these are "pinball issues," and not "PotC issues."
switch adjustments, coil adjustments, etc are all issues that are common across ALL pinballs. the broken wires, offset toppers, etc have all been remedied at the factory and new buyers should not run into those (neither should the other buyers, but it happened and JJP corrected it in later builds).

yeah I just get a little concerned that new buyers are going to read this thread and get discouraged......thought i would mention my experience thus far.

#2809 10 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

It helped when the first owner dials it in a little too....

maybe the moral of the story is to buy this new, send it to you and then pick it up in a few weeks ; )

Great seller btw. Hope you're enjoying the CE!

#2815 10 months ago

The only thing I wish I could focus more on is the chapters. I feel like the random system makes is a little frustrating to advance in them unless you pick that one character. The game is so large that you almost always end up shooting a chapter shot so you're qualifying almost all and the likelihood you get the same one 5 times becomes a game of you intentionally NOT trying to hit shots. Again - I understand you can pick that one character to select chapters and thank god for that BUT I wonder if a game code could help this out. In fact the chapters in general are my biggest weakness right now as I feel like they aren't special enough. I love the chimes that plan when you see the shots you need to hit and i like the movie clips - I just wish they were longer and they stood out more. They don't feel as special as I think they could - like they are too generic right now.

#2824 10 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i've also been feeling a bit similar to this. i know Tia is available to alleviate the selection process but I have way too much fun just playing Blackbeard games. i know its possible to stack up some good values focusing on chapters but it seems much more exciting going for big scores via stacking multiballs. really the best 'mode based' games i've played usually result because i'm getting chapters going with the multiballs going and the shots just happen naturally.
i'm hoping with some code updates they can add some more dynamic modes a'la The Hobbit (the moving targets, shot progression type of modes, etc). maybe a little score balancing between chapters and multiballs too.

Agreed on the Hobbit making it feel more like that.

#2886 10 months ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

The more I play this game, the more I like it. I’ve had POTC for about 2 months, and not really had the time for a really good session without friends there, putting me off with their shouting and sloshing beer around.
I’m an average player (and that’s being kind to myself!), but after watching the video linked earlier in this thread where Keefer went through the rules, I concentrated on chapters, using Tia Dalma as my character so I could focus on one movie. With lots of nudging and swearing, I managed to get myself just one chapter off an episode’s wizard mode (the one on the Maelstrom ramp – the only shot I can make reliably). I now also understand the skull value!!
The atmosphere created by the music, sounds and lighting is second to none, IMHO. Can’t wait for my next game, and it will be a long time before this one leaves my collection! Brilliant.

I still don't understand the skull value!! haha

1 week later
#3046 10 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I was trying to dial in some things and was still having a problem with the devil's triangle. Every time I hit the ball up there I can expect it to come down and hit directly on the top point of the left sling then bounce directly over to the right drain lane, so I end up wasting tilt warning in desperation to try and save it. I took off the mountain and plastic covering the area to try and adjust the outer most ball guide to try and feed the left flipper. but there's only one screw on the end, and it's not slotted. I still was able to manipulate it with the screw loose but nothing seemed to help, any Ideas ? how does your's work?does it feed your flipper ? thanks

I never noticed until I read your post but mine currently doesn't feed the flipper directly it does hit the top left but does rebound to a playable spot nearby almost every time. If it's truly meant to feed flipper I'm curious if anyone's does too.... Without tweaking

#3058 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I've never seen it feed directly to the flipper nor do I think they layed it out to be a smooth predictable out-feed. More of a random pinball type exit. Haven't had any issues with it granted I don't play well enough to judge the design. lol

OK - so it's not intended to roll back to the flipper then? Interesting.

#3088 10 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

For me, I'm using the Pinnovators 4 in 1 mixer to hook 4 games that can run simultaneously off of one sub. Last night my son and I played Hobbit and WOZ and sub was able to mix them so that each of us could hear our own games. Worked really well. Of course, Hobbit is the king when it comes to how great the sub works. Smaug shakes the room when he talks now...and we love it...well, maybe not my wife...but the kids and I do!

One sub powers four games accurately? I guess I'm just I'll school as I go 1 sub per game alligator clips ftw

#3168 10 months ago

My mirrors on my Pirates are perfect - no scratching. Make sure you're really pushing them in when installing.

#3324 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Kraken needs some love.... Beware The Kraken!!! Choose your path wisely and hit that Maelstrom right or fear the Kraken. Introducing the Kraken Custom mod. Complete the look of the dangerous Pirate seas with The Kraken. While mechanisms are a necessity of pinball at times they can spoil the world under glass feel. The Kraken mod was layed out and designed to partially hide the mechanical components and further build the theme look. A simple yet reversible installation and works perfectly with the Maelstrom Mod perfectly! Beware The Kraken or be ready for Davy Jones locker!!! Available Now from our website store, Pirates Welcome!
www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

now that is cool. Nice.

#3396 10 months ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Its $100 for the manual. Just ordered one from JJP.

Something about spending more money for the manual after already buying the LE doesn't sit well. My DI LE came with one. Not sure I understand why that was changed.....

#3574 9 months ago

I took the picture when I delivered the game

Packers coach didn't get the LE mbr? Cmon now son!

#3684 9 months ago

So what's the consensus on the vuk by the pops not going diem the middle? Best settings/tweaking?

#3750 9 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I know of a few on fb and a few others just around my area that sold . All them sold for 8600- 8700. . Not to bad of a loss imo. Im actually thinking of getting one before production is over.

8600 is leaving money on the table. Game will sell in a heartbeat at 8900.

Big D jump on board. The game is loaded.

#3817 9 months ago

So I was very skeptical of all these rumors around pirates being phased out and not to say kaneda is a guarantee but even he's now reporting pirates manufacturing will end very soon.

Seems like woz, then WW than Toy Story so an opportunity for more pirates really seems rare especially how detailed and custom that game is another run wouldn't be easy. Plus that license isn't going to last too long so it's not like they can just continue producing indefinitely.

Who knows how this will end but it seems pirates could be a "rare" game at least for 2019. Crazy to me bc I'm not someone to keeps games too long and even pirates, well you never know but this game is absolutely loaded with just not "stuff" but really great feeling shots, the best upper pf in history, a sick left looper up top and code that keeps your interest. Once they refine the modes a bit, I would say it's one of the best I've ever played and I've played many.

How many widebodies can you say when playing - you forgot it was a widebody?! It's amazing how fast yet loaded this game is.

#3829 9 months ago

Smoothest widebody every made. It's smooth period. Upper PF was my biggest concern and it getting boring. Def does not. It's my fav upper in all of pinball. Sound/music is from my fav pinball guy (David Theil - hobbit, Alien, etc) and he delivers again.

#3867 9 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Twitch.tv/deadflip

is this new code they're showing?

#3873 9 months ago

1.0 code being streamed....

#3888 9 months ago

yelobird mod couple Kraken mod fan here as well. The best mods are ones that look like it came from the factory. Look how this completes that left ramp by covering that mechanic and really bringing in the Pirates theme.

Gold around the gold button also makes a great impact. Kraken plays just as well as the crumbled City mod on AFM to cover up that mechanic.

20190214_231309 (resized).jpg20190214_231316 (resized).jpg20190214_231334 (resized).jpg

20190214_231331 (resized).jpg

#3889 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I own all JJP's except for DI and the only thing I can say that POTC is lacking in comparison is a big "moment". WOZ has Melting the Witch and Hobbit has killing Smaug (and let's face it, every Wizard mode has one at it's intro). But POTC has the best shots of the three by far and has that JJP over the top mech thing going for it. I don't think we will see anything major added to this game as coding is probably done for the foreseeable future except for polish. But, you never know. WOZ got lots of later updates as did Hobbit and DI, so I would never count out JJP's coding department...which is the best or at least on par with the best. JJPOTC is just a great, balanced game. The one thing that the lack of assets did for the game is it did make it faster. With no reason to stop the ball and look at the screen to watch a scene, it means the ball keeps moving. And maybe that is where it's magic lies. Anyhow...just my thoughts. My only gripe after owning for almost 3 months is that I can't seem to beat any of the wizard modes....ARRGH! Gosh I want to get further into the fountain of youth wizard to see what happens next. Until then..."select your character!"

That's a good point about big moment but I was thinking it's bc I haven't beaten any wizard mode. I would think these big moment exist maybe we're just not good enough to see yet?

#3894 9 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I have not heard anything about the final wizard mode yet or even seen it talked about here lately.

I love mod couples mods, But I am not to much of a fan of the Kraken mod as I feel it takes some of the view away from the Dauntless. I agree that the mech being partially hidden is better.
Would be cool if it was a little smaller and lite up when that multi ball was ready. Just me thinking is all.
Don't worry yelobird still love your mods!!!!!

At 6ft tall, maybe that's wy it's not an issue b/c from realworld experience, it doesn't block anything for me. I can understand that though.

#3902 9 months ago

I noticed on the stream that the left devils triangle shot, when returning, was exiting right AROUND the left sling and to the flipper.

This was a question asked earlier and almost everyone's comes back and hits the sling. How did they get this to work so smoothly?

#3984 9 months ago

Yelobird - can you sell the spinning barrel with the action figure on it? I know it can be done by myself but no time and skill level would only make it slower

#4047 9 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I saw the first one when it came out and mostly hated it. Never saw another one, no interest for me. Went to the arcade twice last week to play this game and want to go tomorrow or Tuesday again, can’t get enough of this game. I’m actually in the same spot as you, this or the MBr. Wish I could afford both! Perfect combo I think.

I've only seen 1 movie. Don't care for any of them. Love the game.

I'm getting mbr later this month. Agreed perfect combo

#4066 9 months ago

For me, the art blades did just fine especially with the PinStadium magnets helping center the playfield.
[quoted image]

Can you take more pics of this but the entire table? I like the way they look so much that I'm thinking about replacing my mirrors with them ; )

#4091 9 months ago

With the Pin Stadiums on and off as I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But for this pin, I love them. Not to get Tilt to make some new apron decals to match.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Seriously thinking about switching but it's a hassle. PS look great I have them too

#4102 9 months ago

owned hobbit - thought it was better with the new code but POTC absolutely smokes it. It's JJPs best so far.

I love WoZ for what it represented - a breakthrough in pinball. Wish it shot a little better.

#4122 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

An updated tortuga bracket is coming

Source?

#4406 9 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Don’t push me yelobird I will return all your mods!
GO BEARS!!!!!
Everything is going smoothly on silencer install! Love the instructions (pie hole)!

I still haven't installed mine - just haven't felt like it and work has been busy. Will install next week. Any tips from your experience? The instructions seem complex.

#4419 9 months ago

after watching the latest stream I noticed that the far left shot (devils triangle) came back to the left flipper where mine (and others) do not. Today I bent the left rail guide at the bottom to the right and happy to report that when I hit the devils triangle straight and it comes back - the ball now goes to the left flipper instead of bouncing off left sling.

FYI in the event anyone else wants it to do the same which I think is the way it's expected per the developers game....

#4422 9 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I've been trying to adjust mine for a while. where did you bend it the bottom is where it attaches to the playfield...

bottom by the screw. If you bend above that it might get in the way of the flipping target. It's not 100% but if it goes in there with speed its coming back to the left flipper.

#4616 9 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Yesterday I added this Pearl deck mod from Mezel. Thought I would post because I haven't seen it on this thread before. I think it looks like it was supposed to be there originally.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered as well. It's hard to look at it off now bc it looks so unfinished

#5022 9 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m looking to buy a standard edition, anyone buy one and regret it? My distributor is going to work a trade plus cash for a nib. Wanted to get your opinions. I’ve previously owned DI and Hobbit and love JJP pins. Thanks

Are you buying to route? If so I can understand the standard. If not, LE all day for the reasons mentioned above.

#5162 9 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Arrr. Me mods come in.
[quoted image]

Exactly what I bought. So good

#5172 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How many POTC owners have pinstadiums for this game? I know Villathrilla does I think, anyone else?

I do - I like them b/c I play mostly in the dark but I keep them relatively low compared to my other machines simply b/c I don't want to drown out the nice coloring during modes.

#5176 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks.
If I put them on I am sure I would be doing the same. I want more light on games for sure but all the photos/vids all seem too bright almost washing out the art & color. Now on WOZ they look fantastic as that game just seems way too dark. And older game w/o LEDs just screams for pinstadiums IMHO. I just wouldn't want to over do it is all.

let me know if you need any pics of mine to help out. I def don't have them on full blast BUT they allow me to see the entire PF when it's dark.

#5281 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While a great company with an amazing team of talent and support I Highly doubt they are going to disclose the business plans or forecast let alone on a public forum. And just a suggestion, to say “Sorry to be very Direct” ? To be very direct would be to send this To JJP directly not a thread post. In my Opinion, to date they have not abandoned their customers so I am fairly certain you have nothing to worry about with Pirates other then failing to get your hands on one while you can.

I was going to say the same thing - you can't expect them to black and white answer those questions. Here's my suggestion - do you want the game? Buy it. If you're worried about them making it again, I would too considering the rumor is that not only would the license need to be renewed, the cost of the game is high. Lethal combo in my mind.

I wouldn't worry about parts being available considering it's JJP not a bankrupt company BUT even something like that (Alien) - parts are actually available which is amazing so I really wouldn't be concerned about POTC not having parts. No way JJP would do that to a customer.

#5366 9 months ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Listened to the latest Kaneda podcast and left wondering why he continues to ridicule those on this thread who love their POTC. He just cannot let this go as he cherry picks information from the thread and emails he gets to his show in an attempt to prove his point. (Notice that none of the emails supporting POTC are being read.) This is more than having a different opinion. He seems to be obsessed with the need to be right on an issue that is purely subjective. In his efforts, he fails to see the fallacies, contradictions, and hypocrisy in his own argument. (By the way, he remind us that he still has that Patreon account that he said he would no longer discuss on air.) I guess this is how his podcasts usually run and I know, stop listening. So I will end my rant and spend more time with podcasts like Slap Save and Special When Lit.

Not sure I agree with this at all. He's read plenty of supporting emails about POTC including my own and I think he's showing how he hasn't given up on the game but willing to give it many takes. I think he's been pretty fair on the entire subject and ultimately he might not like it which is fine.

#5370 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll just say this about the Kaneda podcast. Jack agreed to come on the show a while back which was very nice. To then title a podcast "POTC Review GOAT? GTFO!" is both disrespectful to JJP and unprofessional.

Totally disagree. Not sure about you but I've grown tired of kiss ass podcasts. No problem with a guy titling a show with how he feels. I actually applaud this.

#5589 8 months ago
Quoted from djxealot:

I did what everyone said not to do and put a tiny bit of wd40 on it. No problem since. Don't repeat. It was dumb and I didn't know better until reading here. Lucky it worked.

I used something similar and it's been perfect ever since too. Very simple.

1 week later
#5896 8 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Count me into the group...
Just ordered the LE

Indy!!!! Glad to see you're joining the club.

#5954 8 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hah! Thanks. Didn't even look at the screen when I took the picture. And thank you for making this game even more beautiful. Your mods fit right in. Especially the Kraken. Looks like it was part of the original design.

The kraken is one of the best mods of all time.

#6039 8 months ago

I also agree that it's a cost thing. More then ever actually after they released WoZ yellow for 11.5 - an obvious increase in their margins.

POTC is prob the most loaded Pinball made ever. Speaking of, isn't it amazing how you don't see any POTC LEs for sale used? You're prob seeing the last "deal" from JJP if this trend continues. WW at 11.5 I'm out

#6049 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Mechanically, The Hobbit is the most loaded, but most of it's under the playfield. The underside of Pirates looks positively sparse by comparison.

As a previous Hobbit owner I would agree that its the most loaded table under the pf. Good thing that no one cares about what's underneath the pf haha.

I guess I could rephrase that pirates is the most loaded on the pf...

#6190 8 months ago

For any Pirates owners thinking about selling your game, I would really think about your list price and ensure you don't leave any money on the table.

This game is sold out. Unless your game is not HUO I wouldn't drop below 9k & might even go higher. I've seen a couple below 9 sell in two seconds - not surprised bc def below market.

I'm holding onto mine right now bc it's really fun but it's also now a rare title.... Demand it's they're and will only grow considering jjps decision. At the very best, you won't see any Pirates until 3 games down the road...

#6213 8 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was told today, that my LE I ordered last week isn't on the line yet...they are waiting on parts.

interesting that they are still waiting on parts. I thought the whole reason they stopped was b/c they were out of parts?

#6418 8 months ago

Man people are a dream within a dream at this point with these adjustments. Now we're alerting the size of the stars? Haha

#6445 8 months ago

I've noticed there is a sound effect that plays that sounds like a "uggghh" - anyone know what that relates to? I can't figure it out and it doesn't happen all the time

#6448 8 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

are you referring to the Arg mode triggered by the Pirate inlanes?
Similar to the Duh mode in TSPP

Nope that is where you hear that over and over right? This is a different sound.

Although speaking of that mode how do you enable that again? Didn't see it as a selection in the inlanes but I've had it happen in game before not sure how

#6616 8 months ago

What's great about this game is I just posted my highest score (1.3) after playing two wizard modes not using the character that allows you to select movie chapters. I thought she would be necessary to get wizard modes but I believe I used the guy with longer MB or MB save with multiple drain.

Now I'm going to try the guy that makes chapter completion easier. I love the character selection in this game. Really allows you to approach it differently and as a video game guy is very familiar

#6634 8 months ago

Mine wasn't very loud but I still installed it and after a few games, it was really quiet or not even a consideration so I recommend regardless.

#6684 8 months ago
Quoted from rs812:

Wanna talk about QC, opened my NIB yesterday and here are the issues I had right out of the box
1. No tilt bob
2. No CD manual
3. Flipper coils on upper playfield were installed reversed, that is to say the left flipper button fired the right upper playfield flipper and vice versa
4. Left flipper roll pin was barely in and left flipper quit working after about 5 games.
These are not shipping issues. These are sloppy assembly issues. Build date March 1, 2019.
There is no way anyone is testing these things before they leave the factory. If this was tested, there is no way it could have left the factory with such an obvious mistake as number 3 above. One hit of the flippers would have made it apparent.

Wow sorry to hear. That's crazy.

#6686 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

But it will obscure the star map? Why would you want to lose that? It's integrated into the gameplay...

I would easily give up the starmap for movie clips. I love the game but some items are just not necessary. Compass included. Starmap though is the biggest one though. Great mod excited to hear more

#6689 8 months ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Imagine MY disappointment. I drove 10 minutes to his house and had to wait 5 minutes for him to correct left flipper issue.

Oh the horror! Did you at least bring him over a large pie?

Seriously Jack must be flying these games right from assembly to the box. He can't get them out of the factory fast enough to let Wonka get in there. If I'm Eric in thinking cmon guys - little respect for my masterpiece..... Which this game really is. I'm not a GOAT guy but this and alien are my favorite two since the classic Bally Williams.

#6759 8 months ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Fixing to go balls deep in this manual and figure some of this shit out

Not only a candidate for post of the month but this sentence alone could summarize 75% of this thread unfortunately.

#6915 8 months ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Not sure if anyone has installed Pin Stadiums on their POTC. I installed the Fusions and love them. If anyone has any interest about the how and why I connected what to what I’d be more than happy to share. Sorry about the bad video, took them on my one so 1 handed game play. Let me know and I can start posting.

I have them but be careful not to overdo the brightness b/c you lose the GI effects for the modes (all blue, all red, etc).

#6952 8 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Would AFM Remake be a nice addition in a 2 pin collection to couple with POTC?
Why or why not?

Yes yes and yes. It's actually what I'm rocking right now and the two are right next to each other. Compliment reach other considering two different styles yet both very fun

#7014 8 months ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

As much as I love sideart and/or mirror blades on the right game, I think Pirates is absolutely the wrong game, especially with the need to buy protectors for the blades to even try. Plus, I wouldn't go with a Kracken design. It would have to correspond and extend each section of playfield, like the SillyOldElf design on Monster Bash.
Might sound lame, but I think of the black sides as the art- the walls of the PoTC ride building as you ride through- at WDW, and I'm happy enough leaving well enough alone.

Not always necessary to install protectors when doing mirrors. I installed mine no issue.

Looks nice with mirrors - what game doesn't? I also love the water/kraken side art

#7016 8 months ago

Mirrors in Hobbit I thought looked great. Had them in mine.

#7072 8 months ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

My action button on the lockdown bar has begun to stick down after just one week. Can I replace it with a stern button and is switch over easy to install?

Just spray it with a little lub and you're good.

#7384 7 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

As I was stating working on a mod for the playfield which will cover the star map.
Here is a video sample... let me know what you think.

seriously just take my money.
when is this coming out?

#7396 7 months ago

Cost simple as that.

Kaneda was dead wrong about no one taking about pirates after wonka. It's a good game but potc has more going on and more creative imo and this is from sometime who will likely get standard

#7431 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Having played it extensively this weekend I disagree. It will rival WOZ and JJPOTC in our house for playtime for sure.

Rank them.... Curious to hear from someone that played all three in person

#7513 7 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So the only solution to STDM from the star map is the double flipper action (which cancels you seeing the goals) or nudging it.
Damn, that's not a good design.

maybe check the level of your game. Mine never does SDTM from star map.

#7566 7 months ago

Man the more I think about the recent WW reveal from one of the greatest designers and all of that hype....I think about Eric hogbog and how I feel like he's forced now to be in this shadow role bc Jack is going to push through his new plan of less is more if you know what I mean. It started with the new WoZ and ww just confirmed this is the new strategy

Just tonight I did a DI to Wonka comparison that is so one sided for DI... Can you imagine if I were to compare JJPs lastest effort (potc) to WW? Logically speaking you would expect more but we all know that didn't happen and I feel like the insiders are closing their eyes and not acknowledging what is going on here. To that I say the following

Eric - amazing job again on this table. You deserve the spotlight longer than you had it but just know the true players not caught up in the inside hype know how great you are and how special this game is.

I look forward to your GnR table although I suspect Jack will put the strain on you more than potc. It's ok if so as we all received your true vision in potc and prod to own it.

#7623 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

From another thread regarding David Thiel still working on sounds / music for Pirates This information came out of MGC.
"He is still updating sounds on Pirates. I was hanging with him on Friday before the show and we ran into Eric Meunier. He told him about a few sounds he just updated in the game."

That's awesome

#7784 7 months ago

For the guys who are using their starmap during the game, can you explain when and how?

For me it feels like a complete waste like the compass so what am I missing bc it's cool to look at right now and nothing else.

3 weeks later
#9257 6 months ago

I know a lot of non owners read this thread - just understand the power of this game right now. Went up for sale at 9k and like i expected, sold in two seconds. Market demand is off the charts. No surprise b/c it's an amazing game that is also rare.

10k no question, maybe even more.

NorCalRealtor recognize.

cheers

#9263 6 months ago
Quoted from kcZ:

As someone who has missed a couple now. 10k will not sell quickly.

it won't last more than a few days - prob a day. I would put mine up to prove it if I'm able to keep it after it sells!

#9307 6 months ago

any date estimate on the new code?

#9366 6 months ago

zaphx totally agree. After so many games, shooting that canon still feels special - they really nailed the amount that happens. Just need some shaker when you sink it!

2 weeks later
#9861 6 months ago

So I still can't see these patterns in the star map. Can someone who uses this thing frequently take a pic when it's a pattern or elaborate further? I still have trouble... Prob the only thing I don't follow with this game.

Also what lane rewards strategies do people use? For mb I always select add a ball which is available only during mb

#9862 6 months ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

I was finally able to locate a Davy Jones figurine for my CE. Thanks David yelobird for the detailed modification instructions! I absolutely love the looks of this, especially on the CE version.[quoted image]

Damn. I just wish you can buy this already done.....

#9886 6 months ago

Yeah so kaneda is definitely getting this game. Heard the podcast and you guys are right - hilarious.

He knows what's up and guess what..... He'll be gushing about it shortly. Impossible for someone who likes Pinball not to enjoy this game.

#9889 6 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Funny how everyone wants this guys approval. I actually watched all of SDTM reveal and review of this game. Was entranced and it was a huge factor in me getting this game. I believed from their videos that this was the best pinball had to offer. Then a few episodes later they brush Pirates aside as being too complicated with its code. This was a few weeks after they praised how great it was. So go figure. Reviewers opinions change so quickly. They must be writing it down on water.

Not looking for his approval just pointing it he's getting one.

#9890 6 months ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Most of the times it is showing a number of x’s to represent the star posts. It also shows the pirate letters a lot. There is a symbol for the ship, chest and maelstrom. These are pretty easy to work out. Once you realise most of the time it is showing letters or x’s it’s not that hard.

What do the number of X's tell me though? Does the pirate letter tie to lane roll over and if so why? Jjp should release a faq on the starmap haha

#9896 6 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats you get it! I actually believe the JJP crew did an entire video on this feature as they coded it for those interested to see how it worked.

Did you link this already? Sorry but don't recall seeing it.

#9901 6 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We have never backed off our praise of POTC, not sure where you heard us brush it off weeks later. You must be thinking of someone else. I continue to own the game and thinks its one of the best out there. Got to a mini-wizard two nights ago and felt like I climbed Everest. haha

To each their own, but you do own a Star Wars Prem/LE which I continue to praise for being one of stern's best ever made, as well as a few others in your collection that we love.

Yeah I don't recall Zach or sdtm brushing it off either. Maybe bc they never did a proper review? That might be bc Zach sells jjp pins which is understandable. I know Zach's mentions a few times that he really enjoys it and it's at his home ... Bone already declared it one of the best ever in his top 10. I was surprised to see it didn't make Zach's list.

#9910 6 months ago
Quoted from rs812:

Did you do a follow up on SW Prem? The only one I have seen is where you trashed it relentlessly.

he did - I'm sure Zach will respond but I believe it's one of his fav now.

#9935 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

eBay, neca series 3.
Back of the box shows some other interesting characters as well, cursed skeleton Jack Sparrow might look good.
Have to be honest that I procrastinated doing this for a while as Tom was fine but wow, once installed it totally gels with the art and theming. Really can’t go wrong with any of the characters.
Sparrow is the only goofy drunkard one that would be popping out of a barrel though so it’s perfect!

I'm in the same boat. Been procrastinating. Is it hard to do?

#9937 6 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It took 10 minutes max. Very simple.
Buy it!

Damn it I might have to. How do you know where to cut? After that I know how to take off but how do you attach the new figure if they don't have holes in them?

#9973 6 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We reviewed potc an entire year before I became a distro. Hey Delt we seldom see eye-to-eye, but at least we can both agree that this game is one of the greats. Haha

Yeah I wasn't clear on that - I think you're referring to the review of the prototype. I don't think the production version had a review but that delux review was fantastic so maybe the crew didn't feel it was necessary to revisit.  Either way, I think revisiting the game now especially as an owner would be well received by the audience - something to consider as I would be interested to hear updated feedback especially with the current mechs, any troubles you've had, your experience in home vs at JJP, do you regret not getting the CE, etc.

We def agree that the game is amazing. 

btw - if I ever get to one of these shows and you're there, drinks on me.  Appreciate the work you do, the podcasts (was listening to TWIP last night) and your answer to my earlier question.  Makes sense.  Thanks.

#9983 6 months ago

I just bought the same one. 35 shipped. Little more than I wanted to spend but not too bad. I just hope I don't mess it up

#10006 6 months ago

Big fan of this upgrade in the back left from mezel. Just installed.

This game is so loaded it's crazy
20190602_115416 (resized).jpg

#10096 6 months ago

What happened to the mod which was going to incorporate movie clips?

#10337 5 months ago

Well count me in for the pop toy replacement club.

Big difference really happy I did it. Super easy too like others mentioned. I actually split it apart with my hands then used the pop cap as a template (as mentioned) to manually screw in by hand. All set.

Series 3 Captain. I like that dumb smile on his face and who doesn't like boos and guns...

20190608_222844 (resized).jpg20190608_223117 (resized).jpg
#10352 5 months ago

Dumb question but is there anyway to change the treble on jjp speakers? Or adjusting the sound at all besides volume? No right?

#10384 5 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I used a $3 Cometpinball LED strip (12v) and you connect it to the spot lamp plugs which are also at the bottom of the playfield from the bottom side. I believe I did a write up on this in this thread some 5000 posts ago. lol

or connect it to the coin door light (via alligator clips). Imperative you get the 12v strip though otherwise it will get way too hot. Super easy, really necessary on pirates.

#10391 5 months ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

If anyone knows anyone looking for a NiB Mid-Feb build LE, I might consider selling.

Just post it and it will sell

#10475 5 months ago

Anyone have a good idea of how to block the ball from getting off the pf after it drops from the ship? Doesn't happen often but the ball can actually bounce up and over and rest on the back right plastic.