(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,149 posts
  • 575 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 275 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EC75FB13-52E5-4867-A2CA-E80C20FAE1E5 (resized).jpeg
DCCBD1F6-E215-474F-9976-C16822EAC419 (resized).jpeg
20211010_185005 (resized).jpg
20211010_184327 (resized).jpg
20211010_170617 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210922_223245 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210917_190635 (resized).jpg
intro-1598935462 (resized).jpg
8C61FD3F-D7BC-47F6-B6A0-0149EB3A0853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4843 2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
023FEB9B-59F7-4B18-AF33-7520F5AC14B4 (resized).jpeg
11D74B71-FF9A-4A3E-B79A-28EF22FDD2FB (resized).jpeg
D8CEC8A6-9D1F-42DA-AE4D-05F2C30B508D (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210830_203353 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210830_203348 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (3 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (2 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (2 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (2 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (2 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (2 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (2 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (2 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darthsinex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6570 2 years ago

As a new POTC owner I have a couple of quick questions.

Shots to the chest seem to go in when lock is lit but then just bounce out. Only a really hard shot will cause the ball to go up and into the trunk. Is this normal behaviour?

Secondly, when the ball has gone into the cannon and there is a display on the mini screen, what exactly am I supposed to do with that to time the shot accurately. I'm being a bit obtuse, but can't work it out and am sinking the dauntless by simply watching the position of the physical canon rather than the screen but this can't be right. Is it?

#6584 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We're having the same problem here. Initially, the forks were bent to the right and it was slamming the ball into the side of the chest opening rather than into the chest. I bent them back to the left (they're tight, so that's not it) and now about 30% of the hits to the chest make it into the trunk, but I can't figure out how to get that number up so it's not rejecting so many. It's really the only major issue I have left to tweak to get it all working well.

Don't think my forks are bent. Feels like the switch isn't triggering the forks, but I'll take a look again

#7023 2 years ago

Turned on the machine today and got an error that said dauntless ship hit switch closed. I touched the ship and it cleared the error instantly. I'd like to believe this is because I'm now so accurate at sinkking the ship it hasn't triggered this switch for too long? Am I being optimistic?

#7041 2 years ago

During multiballs I always seem to have a ball permanently stuck in the deep which doesn't kick out until after the multiball finishes and the game goes into search. Any reason why balls would get stuck here?

#7069 2 years ago

My action button on the lockdown bar has begun to stick down after just one week. Can I replace it with a stern button and is switch over easy to install?

1 week later
#7546 2 years ago

So, now my POTC is dialed in, I just have one outstanding issue. During multi balls one ball remains in the depth subway and only kicks out after ball search. This is great for scoring, but curious. The vuk behaves totally normal during one ball play and on inspection all is well with the subway and the opto. There is a second opto just back a bit from the depths vuk, not sure what role that plays if any in the logic. Could this happen if 2 balls arrive simultaneously backed up in the subway? Anyone got any idea why it may then forget or fail to kick out the ball?

#7553 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Search the thread for Ace Hardware, there is a “subway post” fix.

I've found the thread about the fix in the key posts, it's got a great picture of the screw and the spacers I need, but doesn't actually describe the fix itself. What exactly is happening in the picture as it looks like exactly the fix I need?

1 week later
#8336 2 years ago

Put a few hours on POTC today and noticed that on a few occasions a ball shot up the left of the chest (Will character and yellow skull shot) would brick and come right back. Was too quick for me to see why, but would expect this to be a clean orbit behind the black pearl every time. Is there a condition when the post should be up or do I have some kind of intermittent fault?

2 weeks later
#9303 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I second that. This would be a great addition.
I am thinking this might happen more often when the magnets are “hot” and need to cool down. When I get an SDTM it usually is with little to no pull of the magnet from post. There are times there is a lot of pull and other times there isn’t much; more often after a few games and multiballs. Other root cause could be timing; the ball hung up by the post while magnet is “pulling” due to ball sitting low against the rubber (ie worn rubber).

Third this. Doesn't happen often, but always at the key moment. Also would love to see one if three characters add grace period to the wizard modes. Now I'm getting there more often, I'd like to see a character that has an effect on these.

#9317 2 years ago

Glad this post is finally focused on the great game-play and code. I used to think that there were only a few characters who could be of any use, focusing on Tia Dama and Blackbeard. But today tried Cynthia and got my highest score ever, well over 2 million, so can only assume that extra time is more important than I thought. 65 souls collected (although won 30 of those at Liars Dice) May actually stop being so boring and try my hand at a few different strategies. Also ended the game by playing Liars Dice and betting my final ball against an extra ball(couldn't walk away) and lost to 5 - 2's - No pinball game like this for variation.

1 week later
#9470 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Loop logic is getting reworked a little in 1.0, should be more accurate for center loops (inner loop enter gets missed sometimes, not sure why). As far as starting OST, you can cancel the animation immediately and still cash in skill shot. This behavior is unlikely to change.

Thought I had a flakey opto. Good to hear this will be fixed, I don't get credit for 2 or 3 loops sometimes

3 weeks later
#10711 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry for asking an obvious question. How do you access the two screws to reattach the barrel lid, once Davy Jones is mounted on top? I'm presuming you screw him on using the two screws underneath the barrel lid away from the machine, so once he's on, is it easy to reapply the lid to the bumper?

#10713 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Reattach using the allen screw through the hole in the side of the barrel.

I have a hole in my barrel at the side but nothing in it. To take off the barrel I had to release the two screws in the top and it came off.

1 week later
#10899 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok Buccaneers, how about a Friday How To tutorial on making your own Davy Jones! NOT for sale just a tutorial so please don't ask! lol Start with a not so easy to find but attainable if you keep an eye on Ebay Davy Jones Series 1 7" figure. Incredible detail and a perfect scale fit! Start with a simple nut cracker move and literally Crack him in half at the waist. While his mid section does have a plate of plastic it seemed a bit to thin for my long term liking so I added a printed solid plastic reenforcement plate and super glue. Center and match holes in removed barrel and Tom figure. Ok, this part is a bit more invasive but really Not that hard. As this figure does not have articulating elbows his arms would Not work in our spinning application with the ramps so he needed to be Persuaded to conform. Using a heat gun Slowly apply heat to his elbow. You'll know when you're there when you see a little smoke and they bend easy. To fare and you get fire. Bend both arms to 90 degrees and add rubber bands till they heat set to the correct shape. A few minutes. After mounting him its time to give that lovely cape a needed trim. I found just below the barrel top edge is perfect and still looks Flowey. (is that a word?) One detail that is IMPORTANT, after you dry fit him and make sure all spins perfect you Need to apply a small amount of super glue to All joints to lock them in place. He won't love it but he Can't move or raise his arms when spinning!! Also note how I arranged and glued his right hand tentacle to the barrel for a nice look. Spins great and other then some casual hobby time really not that hard to do. Plus on a CE this is simply Spot On! Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is anything I forgot to explain. Play on ye scurvy Pirates!!!!
The Mod Couple

I have followed the instructions provided by the mod Couple having found a Davy Jones on Ebay for £20. Best mod you can do in my opinion and led to a good score in my next game!! Thankyou

20190624_113148 (resized).jpg20190624_182447 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#11610 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can someone explain to me what Souls represent in Liar’s Dice?

Characters collected in modes. There is a high score for this at the end of the game, so doubling your real number of characters in liars dice is likely to get you on to the high score table for this.

3 weeks later
#11872 2 years ago

My black pearl was removed to resolder some wires that came off underneath. Since going back on, I'm convinced the ship never fully tilts down far enough to make the dauntless shot. Should the rod through the backboard travel to the bottom of the slot as mine only goes down about 2/3 of the way. Any ideas why the range of vertical travel may be restricted?

1 year later
#16927 3 months ago

I'm trying to access the rubber that is around the post behind the chapter select standups and just to the right of the chest. I cannot for the life of me work out how to easily get at this without completely removing the Chest and the ship in their entirety (which doesn't seem right to change a perishable component like a rubber). Can someone let me know what's the easiest way to get at this rubber and change it. Perhaps I'm missing something.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darthsinex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside