(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1840 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

That is a nice score for sure but there is far more to that than just '3 ball vs 5 ball'. This is not to bust your balls, just to share thoughts.
I find the posting of scores pointless as there are way too many variables to consider. This is completely an 'apples to orange' type of thing. There are so many variables and combinations within the settings that scores are irrelevant between pins.That's why I find the QR Code, neat in theory but not useful. I've seen some say; here is my score with 'factory settings' but what does that really mean and how would most people know what settings are set? Even out of the box settings can be different between pins. The 3 local POTC LE pins, mine and our friend's each had different settings.
What settings have been changed beyond that? From ball save time (main ball and each MB), individual difficulty levels for each and every option, to the physical adjustments for the outlines and possibly the pitch of the pf? Although the last two can't be shown in software, the rest can. It is those type of details that would help create relevancy in a posted score and % of completion. (IE: 5-ball, Extra Easy, 15 second ball save(s) and closed outlines, no 'other' changes... '10million and finished the entire game!'.
It would be cool if there was a way to create a balanced comparison of some sort. IE: if installing the 'install 3-Ball' would generate a code/value (like a checksum value) that would be the same on all software and that would be displayed along the the score somehow. Any changes to the settings within would alter the code so it would be easily determined that it was not a straight 3-Ball setting. A variation of this would be the ability to share configuration settings (assuming that changes have been made beyond one of the fixed installs) of just the game related settings. This would still show the checksum type value but create more of an apples to apples comparison. If you think about it, one could change a bunch of settings, score a 3.4 Million, have buddies come over and make everything harder until they leave. Sounds ridiculous but entirely doable and I'm sure that some do it.
I'd like to be able to select a configuration and play it comparing my progress and scoring with others online just not sure how that is even possible at present. An example would be having the ability to watch a stream; JJP's or Kevin's etc... and downloading their game only type settings to challenge myself with on my own pin.
Hats off to Ted Estes back in the day with his TZ scoring and how he prevented buy-in scores to post to the main HS list, very cool idea!

Being able to send your game settings to a QR code that could be scanned into another machine would be really, really cool to help promote competive play remotely.

1 week later
#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Latest revision of the underwater light show. Different projector (actually is brighter since the floor was so dark), green and blue lights. Will need to modify the projector a bit if possible. More on that as I dig into it. At this point, I just want to see what is possible.

Would you mind sharing how you did this?

#2339 5 years ago

deleted post

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.