(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaz009.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15854 3 years ago

I’m having a problem where if I flip the upper playfield flippers I am receiving a bunch of 5 points. I can just keep doing this to rack up points.

I believe the problem is coming from the right spinner of the upper playfield. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I’ve never really done any repair work on a pin before, and I’m not very techs, so please go easy on your explanation.

I just got the game off a HUO owner last Monday and am otherwise having a blast with it.

Thank you any help you can provide!

#15856 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Band on playfield. Adjust switch that reports on the screen.
LTG : )

Sorry, can you please expand a little? I did go into the test switches, which is how I figured out it was the right upper playfield spinner. Not sure what you are suggesting I do next?

#15863 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

We had this problem and it turned out the screws had come loose on the Black Pearl spinners and had to be replaced/ tightened. Once that was done the phantom points went away.

That was it!!!! Thank you so much!!! I was just about to order an Opto and have someone come and install it for me. You saved me big time!

Best part of all, my newly acquired PotC is now working 100% for the weekend.

By the way, I watched What the Flip quite a bit before deciding to purchase a 2nd hand PotC. Not sure if you are one of them, but I really enjoy watching the guy and girl play, banter .... you have a long time (future) viewer from me.

#15916 3 years ago

I am hoping you guys can help me once again. My left flipper started staying up all the time. It seems that the cooper connector it getting stuck with the "contact" ... which is metal on the other side but there is a black rubber(?) piece on the left side. Its possible that this black part was a temperary fix by the previous owner (2nd owner .... only had it less than two weeks). Kindly refer to the photos:

It seems that it is just the right size to get stuck underneath. Any suggestions? I tried playing with the nut by the big black spot on the bracket but I fear I may have just made it worse and now the flipper is way too high (refer to the flipper picture).

Please help me. This is my only machine.

4ykt30s (resized).jpg4ykt30s (resized).jpgTJz4UIO (resized).jpgTJz4UIO (resized).jpgXAxEKZM (resized).jpgXAxEKZM (resized).jpg
#15922 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where is the flipper spring?

I took it off to try to play around. Even I, would have seen that.

There is a spring that I put back on.

#15927 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That hole is worn. Coil stop will be worn and end of plunger worn. The flipper plunger is traveling too far. I'd rebuild at least the lower two. New plunger assembly, new coil stop, new coil sleeve.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Okay, I see what you are saying. I seem to be missing that part. How could I suddenly be missing that part? It was working fine until now.

Why does your picture (and mine) have that black part on top? I could be wrong but is it not rubberized? I feel like the rubber part is getting caught on the copper contact.

#15933 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Broke, fell out, came unscrewed after a lot of play.

Everything works fine until it breaks.

I found the bolt and the two washers inside the cabinet. So, yep, it fell out. Is it possible I have been playing without it since I got it? Maybe it came out when it was moved?

I attempted to reinsert it and the flipper moves very slowly and not in the correct position now. Ugh! It would help if I knew what I was doing. I will check out the video you posted tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your help.

#15938 3 years ago

I'm trying this again because this is not making sense to me. If my under playfield flipper mech looks like pic #1, then why does my flipper stand up so much (pic #2)? I've been looking at this for a while and it doesn't make any sense.

Yes, I'm aware that it does not have the bolt through it to hold it (I had it in but took it out for the purpose of trying to figure this out) .... but to me my mech looks the exact same as the pic that pinballj kindly provided. In order for the flipper to go back down the plunger would have to go WAY down (past the bracket/rubber stopper).

It just doesn't make any sense to a novice like me. I've watched the video that LTG provided (which otherwise was very informative) but I don't see what's wrong.

2wsW4VTi (resized).jpg2wsW4VTi (resized).jpgXN72RwR (resized).jpgXN72RwR (resized).jpg
#15941 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is your flipper bat touching the playfield? Is the flipper moving easily when moving it with your hands?

The bat is not touching the playfield. The flipper bat has some wiggle room vertically but not as a flipper (because it’s stuck up ... can’t force it down but can force it up further with some force).

#15943 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

With the missing bolt back in, it isn’t working still?

Unfortunately no. The flipper continues to be just stuck up.

#15951 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

If you flipper is up that high at rest, then loosen this nut and align it back down, then retighten this nut. Don't back it out all of the way, just enough so you can move the flipper bat without having to wrench too hard. [quoted image]

Yes!!!! That’s the missing piece of the puzzle. I was able to move the flipper back, put the bolt back in, and it’s working perfectly.

Thank you so much!

2 years later
#18314 1 year ago

Would someone with a PotC please measure how wide the head is? I’ve had a PotC fit down my stairs, trying to see if another pin will fit.

#18317 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

28 3/4 inches.

Thank you!

4 weeks later
#18348 1 year ago

Hi guys. Just picked up my 2nd PotC today from a friend. I hope it never leaves this time. Unfortunately I am having so issues.

This is the error message I am getting. Note that this is not the Maelstorm switch past the diverter, it’s saying there’s another switch at the entrance?? Is this switch in the subway? Please see the picture for the error message #2.

I also had an error message about the ship target bullseye (not just the moving ship) but I just reached into the ship and activated the switch and the message has gone away.

Finally, and most concerning, is that there is a lot of static coming from the speakers all the time … whenever the game is on, even in attract mode. I located the mic cable that’s on the right side of the head of the machine and connected to the green Jack on the “computer” and disconnected it the sound decreased significantly but still there … and of course this isn’t a solution because I get no audio at all this way. Funny enough, if I put the mic Jack in my hand I can hear a radio station through the speakers. Haha Anyways does this mean I need to replace this mic cable? It looks kind of weird/twisted but I think maybe that’s how it’s made? Please see the picture #1.

Anyway help would be great. This is the my all time favourite game!

0A13CA91-93AD-4DC0-9A03-99E1FC52219C (resized).jpeg0A13CA91-93AD-4DC0-9A03-99E1FC52219C (resized).jpeg989F403F-373F-4E9E-B846-16C1FF570083 (resized).jpeg989F403F-373F-4E9E-B846-16C1FF570083 (resized).jpeg
#18351 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

The ship bullseyes target is normal, it will alert if jot hit for a certain time. If you activate it and goes away should be all good
For the noise, dpis your machine equiped with pinwoofer?
There is two things you can do, change the ground loop isolator from the headbox, it s a rectangle black little box connected to the audio out of the motherboard.
Second thing, disconnect the headphone connector from the motherboard, this was my issue onmy potc. Downside, you will loose the optionto connect a headphone...

Thanks for your reply and help. My machine is an SE so I don’t believe I have anything connected to my headphone jack. Is there something I can still do with the headphone Jack on an SE to fix this issue? If not, I believe I have located the ground loop, as it is part of the mic wire in picture #1 right? So I’d need to open the box with the screws warning me to not open it (haha) and unplug it and plug in a new cord? Where can I find one of those cords?

LTG: I’m sorry but I’m not seeing anything at the entrance of the ramp … this is probably a moment where I will suddenly realize how clueless I’m being but if you could spell it out for me a little more that would be great.

1 week later
#18357 12 months ago

I'm having an issue with the autoplunge ... it seems to be hitting the wireforms above (specifically the left one). Please see the video below.

https://imgur.com/FTsLZIg

If I manually plunge it's fine ... even if I plunge as hard as I can. I tried to bend the wireform with some pliers but it's a pretty strong metal. I've tried turning down the auto plunge power but no luck. Any suggestions on how I can bend the wireform (or other ideas)?

LTG: I figured out the opto issue. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaz009.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=chaz009 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.