(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brucipher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1582 5 years ago

Love JJP... I've owned all of their games so far (expect POTC which I will pick up eventually). Still have my Dialed In.

However, for the premium price of these machines, they REALLY should be including protectors on usual wear spots!!!!!

Look at CGC as an example... What they are doing with MBr seems spot on...

3 months later
#5669 5 years ago

As someone who isn't really a big fan of the Pirates movies, the lack of characters on the display (in video clips) does not bother me one bit...in fact I kind of prefer it. Needless to say, still a terrible licensing deal.

FYI - Just joined the club yesterday!

#5684 5 years ago

New owner report. Got my game on Wednesday - built on date of 02/07/19. Prior to owning I had about half a dozen games on it at shows. Didn't get to play a whole lot on delivery day but spent about 3 hours last night. LOVING the game so far! It is so much fun. I really enjoy the multitude of unique shots (and there is a lot), and they are all fun to hit! Definitely feel this is one of the best upper playfields ever. Some upper playfields are a drag, but this one is fun to shoot. Obviously still in the honeymoon phase, but it's feeling like a long term keeper.

So far (knock on wood) my machine has been solid and free of major issues. The ball was getting stuck in the "T" inlane, so I had to bend the metal inlane divider a bit. The ball was also getting stuck by the pop bumper and spotlight by the extra ball shot - again, just needed to bend the spotlight up. When I lock a ball in the chest, the ball is not rolling to the left of the chest without a good shake. I think I just need to trim the foam pad by the entrance a bit. These have all been extremely minor things. The only concerning thing happened on Wednesday. Both monitors went black in the middle of a game. I opened the back box and reseated the cables, and nothing. Like an idiot, I thought "Why didn't I try and reboot first?". Sure enough, a power cycle fixed the issue, and I didn't have any repeats last night playing. Hoping it was an isolated event.

Anyhow - just thought I would share my experience so far. Excited to be a part of this club!

#5686 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Trim the foam pad? If it’s what I am thinking of, it should be removed from the chest entirely. Can you show us a pic?
For the monitor blackout, are you on the latest firmware? (0.98)
Enjoy the game and welcome to the club!

In the back of the chest, it appears there is a strip of black foam (perhaps I am wrong). I will take a pic of it tonight or tomorrow.

Yes, I am on code 0.98.

Thanks!

#5692 5 years ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

There is indeed a foam strip along the rear of the chest, separate from the shipping foam. I'd say you should verify game leveling before attempting to trim it.
[quoted image]

Yeah, that is the black foam pad I was talking about. The ball just barely gets stuck between the blue bumper in the front of the chest and the black foam pad (and a good shake usually gets it rolling to the left). I think trimming just a tiny bit off that corner of the pad would solve the problem. Bad idea?

#5742 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Now if someone could figure out how to mod the trunk to open and close like JJP had originally intended!

I haven't looked too closely at the chest in my machine... Does the chest itself still have hinges to open/close and it's just propped open, or would a whole new chest be needed?

1 week later
#6027 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Glad I just went in on the LE because he sure didnt sound to confident on building more...

If there is demand, I can't see why they wouldn't build more... Unless there is little profit margin (which I hope at $9500 there is a healthy margin). This "almost out of parts" thing doesn't make sense to me... I'm guessing they had to order more parts for all the runs of WoZ.

I personally think this "POTC is/may be done" stuff was to create a fear of shortage to drive sales.

POTC is a great game, and people are realizing that. My prediction... We'll see at least one more build between new games or on the second line.

FYI - I didn't watch the presentation, so I'm taking what was said by Jack from what others have posted.

#6033 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll say with about 99.99% certainty that the margin isn’t healthy and if this is true, they can have all the demand in the world and it would still make little sense to make more without a price hike to pad the margin.
It’s a shame because it’s a great game.

If the margin is the case, then I am with you.

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I had to prop the right side of my screen temporarily. I plan to make a more permanent fix - here's one that AUKraut suggested in a previous post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/108#post-4876871

I recently just noticed the sag in my monitor (right side). Has anyone put in a ticket with JJP, and if so, is there an official fix for this?

#6264 5 years ago

Thanks fellas. I thought I checked the bracket/mount, but I will check again.

1 week later
#6757 5 years ago

Sorry to everyone who recently got NIB games with so many unacceptable issues out of the box. If I were you, I would raise a stink with JJP (and also let your distributor know). Reversed flippers? Light boards not plugged in or connected properly? No excuse for that.

Just as a reference, I am feeling pretty lucky and have not had any major issues with my machine. I've owned it for 3 weeks now with a manufactured date of 02/07/2019. I had a couple minor adjustments to make (like bending up the spotlight by the extra ball shot because the ball was getting stuck there), but that is the extent of it (*knock on wood*).

Hope those of you having issues get a proper and gratifying response from JJP. QC is clearly an issue right now, but it seems like from most of the threads I've read JJP takes care of their customers. Not excusing them, but hopefully they make it right.

Game is amazing! Hope the NIB issues don't spoil it for anyone in the long run!

1 week later
#7401 5 years ago

So Wonka looks like a lot of fun... But I am happy to be a recent Pirates purchaser! Pirates has a real wow factor to it... And it's so fun and satisfying to shoot! From what I've seen so far of Wonka, Pirates is the better game!

1 month later
#9138 4 years ago

This was posted by Keith on Twitter late yesterday. Just thought I'd share it. Note his comment quoted below...

"This list probably isn't final yet, but why not start getting angry now?"

IMG_20190514_124923 (resized).jpgIMG_20190514_124923 (resized).jpg
#9144 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

That is awesome. Some interesting perks in there that I can't
believe they don't list on the character selection screen.
Would have never guessed that Swann can't play Tortuga Multiball
or ARRR Frenzy.

I think some of the things in the list are potential upcoming changes which are not currently in code...

2 weeks later
#9848 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A slab of dark plastic with laser-burned pinholes that goes behind the screened plastic to reduce the light bleed around the lights behind the star map around each light. Takes them from looking like blobs to looking more like stars.
FACTORY LOOK:
[quoted image]
WITH FILTER:
[quoted image]
WITH WIDER-HOLED FILTER:
[quoted image]

The filters look great. I think holes that are still a little wider would look good. Are you going to sell these filters?

#10061 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Only wish I could load the cannon more consistently. What's a good strategy for loading the cannon once the door is open? I can't find any consistent shot for getting it in there. At the moment I more or less flail and hope for the best.

I am terrible at this too! I need to study some of the videos. I feel like backhanding it from the left flipper is a common way, but I can never seem to do it.

#10289 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

So I was just playing..the LED screens both just went out...music was playing still, game was still active....but they went black (both main screen and mini). A reboot got it back to working again...What should I be checking for?

Mine did this exact same thing one of the first times I had it on. Power cycle fixed it and it has never happened again. I reported this here and someone else said the same thing happened to them, never to happen again. Hopefully just a fluke...

#10300 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

These were in the coin box...where should the time go on the PF?[quoted image]

Slings and under the lockdown bar.

6 months later
#13341 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

JJP pretty much abandoned posting on pinside because it was rarely a positive environment, don’t blame them at all. Constant attacks. Jack used to post fairly frequently as did others. Stern doesn’t post at all, that I’m aware of. Every once in a while Keith will post and Ltg is always here for help.

It appears Jack/JJP don't post anywhere these days, including their own Google group.

2 months later
#14354 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Little late to the game on this but just really seeing the chest mod in action for the first time (as it was installed on the potc on recently got) and it's prob one of my favorite mods for a game ever.
It literally transforms how much fun and exciting that chest lock shot is. Totally revamps it bc the game already has the sounds of it opening and closing and there is something so visually appealing seeing it closed then open then close. Simple but so damn effective. Highly recommended

I'm not a big mod guy, but this one is a must in my opinion. As soon as they went on sale I bought one. Worth every penny.

2 weeks later
#14471 4 years ago

I've said it before, I could really care less about the video assets. The game doesn't need them, and in my opinion I prefer it without them. I'm not a huge fan of the movies, but this machine is incredible. One of the best ever (at least as of March 2020) Just my take on the whole video asset debate.

1 week later
#14595 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Me and my big mouth! I will say I threw a ton of time at the development and prototyping around the time the playfield clear problems emerged, kinda as an escape from the drama. I hired an artist(she worked for cheap)and spoke with some vendors about an initial run of 50 or so units. Then I got nervous there’s so few pirates that it may not be feasible. I could just sell the game (not that I would) an make a nice profit or go all in on this and maybe loose money. I was thinking about pricing it around $250ish which in this hobby is kinda the going rate for a premier mod, which this definitely is! Heck the chest mod is amazing and factory - this mod could have been in the game also! That might of netted around $100 each, but allot more time putting everything together, and support, and things never go as planned, and on and on. I also kicked around offering it to a pro modder to run with and take a royalty, or just put up the teaser video knowing it was my idea. I think a few brave souls here could/would do the mod on their own after seeing it, but offering it as a complete kit with easy instructions, where you’ve upgraded your game on a Saturday seems so much more appealing. Hell maybe it’s actually dumb and I’m just bias. Sorry no spilled beans yet... maybe some day.

Spill the beans, lol.

#14622 4 years ago

Finally got all 6 multiballs going at the same time last night. Of course in my true fashion, I quickly drained shortly after getting it going . Damn this game is fun! There really aren't many games on the same level as JJPPOTC...

1 month later
#15072 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You guys just think you're so freaking cool. What, with your awesome game and how hard it is to get one without tapping into your savings and pissing off your wife. Just because it is JJP's best game. Ooooh look at me, I have an awesome pinball machine that is coveted by.... well... thousands of people.
You guys make me SICK.
May I join you?

Hope you find one without having to totally break the bank. Definitely one of the best pins ever. I am so glad I jumped in right towards the end of the NIB stock drying up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brucipher.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=brucipher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.