(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,171 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 221 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,302 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shipbottle (resized).JPG
0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpeg
6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg
D162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpeg
2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg
afmr10 (resized).jpg
D18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpeg
D7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpeg
DB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpeg
CF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpeg
74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpeg
B3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpeg
272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg
DFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpeg
DSC00679 (resized).JPG
DSC00142 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (1 year ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (1 year ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (1 year ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (11 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (10 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (9 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (9 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (9 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (8 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (8 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (8 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (7 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (7 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (7 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (7 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (6 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider axl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 1 year ago

Next time you open up the machine, could you take some pictures of the boards?

kevinbuffalo

Edit: I watched your stream and saw very early that the ball drained directly from the mode start. I have seen that on the JJP stream as well. Does it happen often?

The ball got stuck on the transition from the ramp to the ship. Strange that they haven’t managed to fix that yet. When I played the prototype it had the same fault.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Ok, ramp adjustment was easy. A single hex screw to tighten to lower the part where the ramp meets the ship. 1 minute fix

Ah! Awesome! That put me at ease. Thank you for taking your time explaining.

Great stream btw, so cool to hear the direct audio.

1 week later
#225 1 year ago
Quoted from goren1818:

You will find the Liar’s Dice rules attached below from JJP!

Great!

We need someone to add key posts to this topic

1 week later
#292 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

The POTC I have on location has had a bunch of really confusing chest problems

Is this a proto game? The new chest doesn`t open or close. it is static.

1 week later
#382 1 year ago

I don`t think the manual has been posted yet, here it is:

http://159.203.76.48/potc/POTC_Manual%201_1%20October%202018.pdf

Missing the rules and shot map, but that will come soon i guess.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

The only constructive feedback is that I believe that there should be posts and a rubber on the upper playfield to keep the ball from falling off.

Do you mean on right side of the ship?
It is meant to fall off, but you can make it harder/easier.

Page E9 in the manual:

FCF71B66-1B22-4127-8D83-FCCE139D78D9 (resized).jpegA2EB9D3D-C8FA-4F8D-B633-A7B208E275EC (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#533 1 year ago

It makes me so happy that all the faults with the game is small and easy to fix

#588 1 year ago
1 month later
#1412 1 year ago

I am still saving up for my game.
In the meantime i hope they kill off all the small problems that have been happening to some of the games.
It is such a fun game, and the small problems might scare someone off.

4 weeks later
#2554 11 months ago

This thread desperately needs key posts with all the great information.
I wish robin would make a "suggest key post" button.

4 weeks later
#3208 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Neither of us is great players but we love the pirates theme and love the toys/features on this game

I have only played the prototype, and it toot some time to wrap my head around the code.
The code is deep and wide, but they use the same base for all the chapters. Take a look at the mind map that JJP has and you will understand it better. The manual also explains everything.
Take a look at the JJP live videos, the last 4 or so they explain the code in the start of the video.

Great game!

1 week later
#3556 10 months ago

My guess it that they are holding production on all the games for the new reveal. They understand that people want their games immediately after the reveal to keep up the hype.

Based on the quality of the JJP games and flexibility of a small factory, they can do small runs of all games in the future.

1 week later
#4041 9 months ago

1:black
2:yes
3:yes
4:no

#4054 9 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Norwegian confirmed

Yes.

1 week later
#4831 9 months ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

how do you get all the wanted posters for high scores to show when game is idle??

in the manual page B-34:

Show Attract Mode Camera Message: specify whether to show the camera notification message during attract mode or not.
YES: show the camera message Default: YES NO: do not show the camera message

#4836 9 months ago

just a heads up if it has not been posted:
Pricing cards for pirates

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_PRICING_CARDS.pdf

#4837 9 months ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I think that's the warning screen

you are totally correct! sorry

#4881 9 months ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I completely agree about the QC concerns at JJP. So much so that it had delayed my purchase of POTC.

Why is this a key post?
We seriously need key posts for this thread with fixes and important info.
Sorry for using your post as an example dgposter

#5173 9 months ago

My bad!

1 week later
#5640 9 months ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Can someone post the page from the manual? So that we can look at the mech?

Page C-51 in the manual:

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf#page144

E238BCDA-B769-4999-9CFA-90BEF59B4359 (resized).jpeg

#5648 9 months ago

Regarding overload of multiballs, just go into the menus and set the difficult on achieving them up.
That’s what I plan to do when I get an overload.

#5701 8 months ago

@lermods did you make a light for the dauntless hole?

#5904 8 months ago

I am in! Bought a LE today!
I have been drooling over this pin ever since I played the proto 1 year ago. I new I had to have one, now it finally came together!

Now I just need to get space for it in the game room...

#5930 8 months ago

The stairs down to my game room is very steep. If I take the game apart, do the play field by itself, head and cabinet by themselves, will it help the weight?
Anyone done this? Tried to search the thread, but couldn’t find anything.

#5940 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

This is a very heavy machine!

I was struggling with STTNG and Road Show to get them down with a trolley. On Indy I took off the head and playfield , that helped a lot.

#5983 8 months ago

On the LE on location here it has metal washers under the posts by the slingshots.

#5997 8 months ago

Here is a picture from the post on one of the games on location.

669BC0B7-8F7B-405F-AF23-2EE5AC072056 (resized).jpeg

I highly doubt that this is something they have done with the game.

62D41F26-8F0B-4536-B44D-C20D4190247D (resized).jpeg

#6007 8 months ago

It’s such an amazing game! Hope they build a shit ton of it. It has that special something. I can’t wait to see what hogbog comes up with next

GOAT

No pressure

#6073 8 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I got in trouble with some of my distributors who got mad at me because they thought we would have more games... but distributors sold out of their games and we don't have any more.

When listening to jack about that and the fact that WOZ YBR will only be sold trough distributors, it kinda sounds like he is trying to get The distributors to have more stock. In other words, it’s the distributors fault that not more POTC are out there.

#6090 8 months ago

hogbog Could you please chime in regarding the posts and the dimensions of the washer underneath?
And would it affect gameplay to switch to star posts? (i know the aestetics would defiantly change.)

#6205 8 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

that BK looks bad ass

Indeed it does! The artwork looks great. My guess is that the code will be the same as all the other Stern games, the shots look similar to othe games by Riche. It’s a safe bet on normal.

Sorry for the sarcasm. Just so tired of samey games from stern

#6231 8 months ago

Keefer has been sick for a few weeks. My guess is that they where going to launch it at Texas.
My next guest would be at MGC April 12th.

#6351 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It added a second player with 3 balls.

I think this is a setting, but i can't find it in the menu. They talked on the stream about adding a player whenever.

#6394 8 months ago

Regarding the monitor sag

I would definitely go with the mod couple descriptions. Skip the wood blocks and do it right. Adjust the places where you are supposed to adjust.

Just my 2 cents.

#6412 8 months ago
Quoted from Lazar:

Where is the #45 switch?

look at page C-106
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf

45 PIRATEReturn Lane Rollover Microswitch & Wireform, Rnd, RtM

#6486 8 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I then noticed some feint streaks, and saw these side cabinet corner wires peaking up and over the cabinet. I cleaned the glass, and the streaks they made aaaaaaall the way up both sides, were still there, seemingly scratches.

Did you slide out the glass with the brass screws all the way out? That would scratch the glass.

Quoted from wesman:

then saw these screws bored all the way through the bottom of the cabinet.

They are like that from the factory.

#6487 8 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And I heard there was an issue with the trunk opening and closing. I read a little about it here. Is it just the chest arm or something that may need tweaking?

Thy removed the opening and closing of the trunk on all the production models.

#6559 8 months ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Does anyone have a recommendation re where to order, preferably in Europe?

Try pinball heaven in UK, he sells Cliffy protectors. or best of pinball.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

#6798 8 months ago

The key post thing is something I have been shouting about for some time. I wish robin would make a “suggest key post” system.
There are some key posts in this thread, most of them is a head scratcher how they became a key post.

#6884 8 months ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Second innings.. fork worked itself loose again.
Loctite failed this time but hoping that added lock-nuts will do the trick for the long haul.
Derek, Maybe you can add it to your allready comprehensive problem/fix list , good work!

steigerpijp what is the size of screws and lock nut you used?

#7018 8 months ago

Played some games yesterday at a local place. Got an air ball from the flippers straight into the pearl underneath. The ball got stuck, then dropped down into the cabinet. I will definitely get the pinball universe protector!

EB1EAA14-39EB-449D-9351-0D8FD328D365 (resized).jpeg8BF90DA9-336A-4B6E-A84A-290F37E57676 (resized).jpeg

#7022 8 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

does anybody sell these to Canadians / North Americans?

Mezel mods is the distro in us for all things pinball universe.

#7036 8 months ago
Quoted from Clint12:

Anyone help ??? Always locating balls

Are you sure you have all the balls? Remove all balls, count them and drop them in. Then play a game and see how it behaves. Also check if they are magnetized.

2 weeks later
#7867 7 months ago

I am transporting my game today, anything I have to do? Pack the ship so it doesn’t move or something like that? Or am I good to go?

#7955 7 months ago

ahoy matey!

LE 143 signing on!

558568F3-059B-43FE-9DFC-F8D90A455FE3 (resized).jpeg

Been waiting for this game for a long time!

It has a tons of problems, more to follow in the tech tread.
Probably the first game made that Monday after a weekend with too much rum.

#7957 7 months ago

I had probably 50 games on the prototype a year ago, and 20+ on location, so I know i will love it

1 week later
#8574 7 months ago

I have changed my pirate lanes so liars dice can be chosen on 2nd pirate lane. Such a good video mode, a video mode that actually impacts your score in a negative way.

#8627 7 months ago

Great update! Looking forward to playing it.

Added hat/eye patch decorations to HSTD photos

Made me laugh!

#8641 7 months ago

@pinball_keefer would it be possible to hold the tilt bonus lost screen longer to rub it in? And for me to get a picture of it in the competition to get the highest bonus lost.

#8644 7 months ago

Ooh! That is a great suggestion! Who is the biggest looser

#8646 7 months ago

Just a quick question , I am struggling to reach one wizard mode. (No luck yet)
How many of you have reached all 5 in a game and needs the final wizard mode ASAP?

#8691 7 months ago
Quoted from dkammer:

When you receive a map reward, sometimes the standard callout for the award plays before the map animation and callout are complete. Essentially, this ruins the anticipation.

another thing, when you receive an award from the MAP award, you can see it in the play field before he announces it.
It is a twofold for me, it is great not to have to look up at the screen to see what i got, at the same time it ruins the surprise.

#8941 7 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had an idea. How about a virtual POTC competition?

What about this:

Weekly challenge.
New character each week.
3 balls, extra ball off.

Post your score

#9262 6 months ago

Character you select, should all have a minus traits? I know that Keefer is a master of balancing, something in me just wants all the characters to have a minus traits.

Anybody else?

1 week later
#9445 6 months ago

Here is the easiest and final solution to stop playfield wear:

3D4ED54C-1936-41D7-96A7-B94FEB5CE8AA (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#12628 52 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

You can also download the manual as an iBook and get it printed at a bunch of places online.

In the manual it is a making of section. That is not in the online manual.

1 week later
#12729 45 days ago

Did you send the ball by hand, or with the flipper?

#12735 45 days ago

I think you should try it again, sending it with the hand will not give you the same result as with the flipper.

Set up the camera, shoot it 10 times or so, and have a look then.

#12773 41 days ago

Don’t forget that you can stage the flippers. Press it half way in, lower flipper activates. All the way in, the rest. An excellent opportunity to learn flipper staging. (That means me too!)

1 week later
#12855 35 days ago

This has been discussed to death. I am so happy that this game is not a DVD player. Keep the videos perfectly short. Love the game, and the videos. It is perfect.

1 month later
#13161 2 days ago

If someone makes a direct copy of the topper bottle, I could understand that it would be a problem. A new idea, no worries.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider axl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside