(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,400 posts
  • 580 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by BC_Gambit
  • Topic is favorited by 271 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20220116_195413 (resized).jpg
236B00E4-104A-49A9-881F-7B8E78590D81 (resized).jpeg
4C16B2C7-45F9-457A-8A20-CBA8E041DA6D (resized).jpeg
1F59A2A1-9169-4068-BDB3-7D3F6A58348D (resized).jpeg
2AF7E770-FFD8-4AAE-9633-3344484C8CC7 (resized).jpeg
A41F9C2E-47DD-487F-BF5D-0182E119ED4B (resized).jpeg
0EC96CF4-130A-494C-84A3-3794FF51B839 (resized).jpeg
7EF75B2A-E7C1-46FC-8D27-2765F9B85775 (resized).jpeg
1D90F3FB-F6D6-42A0-A9C4-F8AE3AA56C36 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220109_150519 (resized).jpg
55C5DD74-B4E0-4AB0-A9E2-732BCC936B02 (resized).jpeg
3A7DE1AC-01B7-40EA-9C33-A061738D491D (resized).jpeg
7F11AA57-5D56-432A-B22D-34BED437E9B3 (resized).jpeg
51573964-7430-46B0-90D0-8B050259996B (resized).jpeg
7AEFC4B9-B73E-4FBD-B96C-0BB9A2AEE916 (resized).png
2BACD5DC-5911-40B6-9369-8CB7D99F26CB (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (3 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (3 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (3 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (3 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (3 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (3 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (2 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (2 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (2 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider axl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#138 3 years ago

Next time you open up the machine, could you take some pictures of the boards?

KevInBuffalo

Edit: I watched your stream and saw very early that the ball drained directly from the mode start. I have seen that on the JJP stream as well. Does it happen often?

The ball got stuck on the transition from the ramp to the ship. Strange that they haven’t managed to fix that yet. When I played the prototype it had the same fault.

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Ok, ramp adjustment was easy. A single hex screw to tighten to lower the part where the ramp meets the ship. 1 minute fix

Ah! Awesome! That put me at ease. Thank you for taking your time explaining.

Great stream btw, so cool to hear the direct audio.

1 week later
#225 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

You will find the Liar’s Dice rules attached below from JJP!

Great!

We need someone to add key posts to this topic

1 week later
#292 3 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

The POTC I have on location has had a bunch of really confusing chest problems

Is this a proto game? The new chest doesn`t open or close. it is static.

1 week later
#382 3 years ago

I don`t think the manual has been posted yet, here it is:

http://159.203.76.48/potc/POTC_Manual%201_1%20October%202018.pdf

Missing the rules and shot map, but that will come soon i guess.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

The only constructive feedback is that I believe that there should be posts and a rubber on the upper playfield to keep the ball from falling off.

Do you mean on right side of the ship?
It is meant to fall off, but you can make it harder/easier.

Page E9 in the manual:

FCF71B66-1B22-4127-8D83-FCCE139D78D9 (resized).jpegA2EB9D3D-C8FA-4F8D-B633-A7B208E275EC (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#533 3 years ago

It makes me so happy that all the faults with the game is small and easy to fix

1 month later
#1412 3 years ago

I am still saving up for my game.
In the meantime i hope they kill off all the small problems that have been happening to some of the games.
It is such a fun game, and the small problems might scare someone off.

4 weeks later
#2554 3 years ago

This thread desperately needs key posts with all the great information.
I wish robin would make a "suggest key post" button.

4 weeks later
#3208 2 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Neither of us is great players but we love the pirates theme and love the toys/features on this game

I have only played the prototype, and it toot some time to wrap my head around the code.
The code is deep and wide, but they use the same base for all the chapters. Take a look at the mind map that JJP has and you will understand it better. The manual also explains everything.
Take a look at the JJP live videos, the last 4 or so they explain the code in the start of the video.

Great game!

1 week later
#3556 2 years ago

My guess it that they are holding production on all the games for the new reveal. They understand that people want their games immediately after the reveal to keep up the hype.

Based on the quality of the JJP games and flexibility of a small factory, they can do small runs of all games in the future.

1 week later
#4041 2 years ago

1:black
2:yes
3:yes
4:no

1 week later
#4831 2 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

how do you get all the wanted posters for high scores to show when game is idle??

in the manual page B-34:

Show Attract Mode Camera Message: specify whether to show the camera notification message during attract mode or not.
YES: show the camera message Default: YES NO: do not show the camera message

#4836 2 years ago

just a heads up if it has not been posted:
Pricing cards for pirates

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_PRICING_CARDS.pdf

#4837 2 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I think that's the warning screen

you are totally correct! sorry

#4881 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I completely agree about the QC concerns at JJP. So much so that it had delayed my purchase of POTC.

Why is this a key post?
We seriously need key posts for this thread with fixes and important info.
Sorry for using your post as an example dgposter

1 week later
#5640 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Can someone post the page from the manual? So that we can look at the mech?

Page C-51 in the manual:

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf#page144

E238BCDA-B769-4999-9CFA-90BEF59B4359 (resized).jpeg

#5648 2 years ago

Regarding overload of multiballs, just go into the menus and set the difficult on achieving them up.
That’s what I plan to do when I get an overload.

#5701 2 years ago

@lermods did you make a light for the dauntless hole?

#5904 2 years ago

I am in! Bought a LE today!
I have been drooling over this pin ever since I played the proto 1 year ago. I new I had to have one, now it finally came together!

Now I just need to get space for it in the game room...

#5930 2 years ago

The stairs down to my game room is very steep. If I take the game apart, do the play field by itself, head and cabinet by themselves, will it help the weight?
Anyone done this? Tried to search the thread, but couldn’t find anything.

#5940 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a very heavy machine!

I was struggling with STTNG and Road Show to get them down with a trolley. On Indy I took off the head and playfield , that helped a lot.

#5983 2 years ago

On the LE on location here it has metal washers under the posts by the slingshots.

#5997 2 years ago

Here is a picture from the post on one of the games on location.

669BC0B7-8F7B-405F-AF23-2EE5AC072056 (resized).jpeg

I highly doubt that this is something they have done with the game.

62D41F26-8F0B-4536-B44D-C20D4190247D (resized).jpeg

#6007 2 years ago

It’s such an amazing game! Hope they build a shit ton of it. It has that special something. I can’t wait to see what Hogbog comes up with next

GOAT

No pressure

#6073 2 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I got in trouble with some of my distributors who got mad at me because they thought we would have more games... but distributors sold out of their games and we don't have any more.

When listening to jack about that and the fact that WOZ YBR will only be sold trough distributors, it kinda sounds like he is trying to get The distributors to have more stock. In other words, it’s the distributors fault that not more POTC are out there.

#6090 2 years ago

Hogbog Could you please chime in regarding the posts and the dimensions of the washer underneath?
And would it affect gameplay to switch to star posts? (i know the aestetics would defiantly change.)

#6205 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

that BK looks bad ass

Indeed it does! The artwork looks great. My guess is that the code will be the same as all the other Stern games, the shots look similar to othe games by Riche. It’s a safe bet on normal.

Sorry for the sarcasm. Just so tired of samey games from stern

#6231 2 years ago

Keefer has been sick for a few weeks. My guess is that they where going to launch it at Texas.
My next guest would be at MGC April 12th.

#6351 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It added a second player with 3 balls.

I think this is a setting, but i can't find it in the menu. They talked on the stream about adding a player whenever.

#6394 2 years ago

Regarding the monitor sag

I would definitely go with the mod couple descriptions. Skip the wood blocks and do it right. Adjust the places where you are supposed to adjust.

Just my 2 cents.

#6412 2 years ago
Quoted from Lazar:

Where is the #45 switch?

look at page C-106
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf

45 PIRATEReturn Lane Rollover Microswitch & Wireform, Rnd, RtM

#6486 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I then noticed some feint streaks, and saw these side cabinet corner wires peaking up and over the cabinet. I cleaned the glass, and the streaks they made aaaaaaall the way up both sides, were still there, seemingly scratches.

Did you slide out the glass with the brass screws all the way out? That would scratch the glass.

Quoted from wesman:

then saw these screws bored all the way through the bottom of the cabinet.

They are like that from the factory.

#6487 2 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And I heard there was an issue with the trunk opening and closing. I read a little about it here. Is it just the chest arm or something that may need tweaking?

Thy removed the opening and closing of the trunk on all the production models.

#6559 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Does anyone have a recommendation re where to order, preferably in Europe?

Try pinball heaven in UK, he sells Cliffy protectors. or best of pinball.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/protectors.htm

#6798 2 years ago

The key post thing is something I have been shouting about for some time. I wish robin would make a “suggest key post” system.
There are some key posts in this thread, most of them is a head scratcher how they became a key post.

#6884 2 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Second innings.. fork worked itself loose again.
Loctite failed this time but hoping that added lock-nuts will do the trick for the long haul.
Derek, Maybe you can add it to your allready comprehensive problem/fix list , good work!

steigerpijp what is the size of screws and lock nut you used?

#7018 2 years ago

Played some games yesterday at a local place. Got an air ball from the flippers straight into the pearl underneath. The ball got stuck, then dropped down into the cabinet. I will definitely get the pinball universe protector!

EB1EAA14-39EB-449D-9351-0D8FD328D365 (resized).jpeg8BF90DA9-336A-4B6E-A84A-290F37E57676 (resized).jpeg

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

does anybody sell these to Canadians / North Americans?

Mezel mods is the distro in us for all things pinball universe.

#7036 2 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

Anyone help ??? Always locating balls

Are you sure you have all the balls? Remove all balls, count them and drop them in. Then play a game and see how it behaves. Also check if they are magnetized.

2 weeks later
#7867 2 years ago

I am transporting my game today, anything I have to do? Pack the ship so it doesn’t move or something like that? Or am I good to go?

#7955 2 years ago

ahoy matey!

LE 143 signing on!

558568F3-059B-43FE-9DFC-F8D90A455FE3 (resized).jpeg

Been waiting for this game for a long time!

It has a tons of problems, more to follow in the tech tread.
Probably the first game made that Monday after a weekend with too much rum.

#7957 2 years ago

I had probably 50 games on the prototype a year ago, and 20+ on location, so I know i will love it

1 week later
#8574 2 years ago

I have changed my pirate lanes so liars dice can be chosen on 2nd pirate lane. Such a good video mode, a video mode that actually impacts your score in a negative way.

#8627 2 years ago

Great update! Looking forward to playing it.

Added hat/eye patch decorations to HSTD photos

Made me laugh!

#8641 2 years ago

@pinball_keefer would it be possible to hold the tilt bonus lost screen longer to rub it in? And for me to get a picture of it in the competition to get the highest bonus lost.

#8644 2 years ago

Ooh! That is a great suggestion! Who is the biggest looser

#8646 2 years ago

Just a quick question , I am struggling to reach one wizard mode. (No luck yet)
How many of you have reached all 5 in a game and needs the final wizard mode ASAP?

#8691 2 years ago
Quoted from dkammer:

When you receive a map reward, sometimes the standard callout for the award plays before the map animation and callout are complete. Essentially, this ruins the anticipation.

another thing, when you receive an award from the MAP award, you can see it in the play field before he announces it.
It is a twofold for me, it is great not to have to look up at the screen to see what i got, at the same time it ruins the surprise.

#8941 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had an idea. How about a virtual POTC competition?

What about this:

Weekly challenge.
New character each week.
3 balls, extra ball off.

Post your score

#9262 2 years ago

Character you select, should all have a minus traits? I know that Keefer is a master of balancing, something in me just wants all the characters to have a minus traits.

Anybody else?

1 week later
#9445 2 years ago

Here is the easiest and final solution to stop playfield wear:

3D4ED54C-1936-41D7-96A7-B94FEB5CE8AA (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#12628 2 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

You can also download the manual as an iBook and get it printed at a bunch of places online.

In the manual it is a making of section. That is not in the online manual.

1 week later
#12729 2 years ago

Did you send the ball by hand, or with the flipper?

#12735 2 years ago

I think you should try it again, sending it with the hand will not give you the same result as with the flipper.

Set up the camera, shoot it 10 times or so, and have a look then.

#12773 2 years ago

Don’t forget that you can stage the flippers. Press it half way in, lower flipper activates. All the way in, the rest. An excellent opportunity to learn flipper staging. (That means me too!)

1 week later
#12855 2 years ago

This has been discussed to death. I am so happy that this game is not a DVD player. Keep the videos perfectly short. Love the game, and the videos. It is perfect.

1 month later
#13161 2 years ago

If someone makes a direct copy of the topper bottle, I could understand that it would be a problem. A new idea, no worries.

2 weeks later
#13329 2 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Ok well how do you get the lights to come on over the 5 multiball lights near the flippers, are they nothing to do with collecting characters?

Time to do some light reading:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simple-explanations-of-basic-goals-in-jjp-s-pirates-of-the-caribbean#post-4556937

Once you get the basics of one chapter/multiball, the rest have the same play mechanics.
Fantastic game with a great code.

Cheers

#13414 2 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

That’s it? THAT’S IT?!?! Yep for ending so many games with a loss a win got me an extra ball. So the moral of the story is don’t bet your soul. The payoff is not worth it!

When you bet YOUR soul (not souls): you lose your ball like you normally do, but also your character (have to pick a new one). If you win, you get an extra ball.

An extra ball is potentially worth a lot of points. Good value in my book

#13487 2 years ago

The three rings was a neat idea. We have been over this soo many times... if you played it with three rings you know it didn’t do much. The one ring is much better and more fun. Good decision on JJPs part.

Hopefully they can use the idea in another way in the future.

#13490 2 years ago

My JJP POTC is bolted to the floor. If I have to sell my games, that is the last game to go. Love it! Great code that is wide and deep. I don’t miss the three rings or the chest closing. The chest closing didn’t work very good. You could never tell how many balls you locked. If you miss the chest up down, buy the mod and enjoy the fantastic game.

2 months later
#14469 1 year ago

I seem to recall they the monkey has its own manager, and to use its likeness was very expensive.
Funny stuff

#14470 1 year ago

Regarding the assets in the game, they are the perfect length. If they where longed, I would just skip them. Long video clips is fine the first time around. Then you just want to kill them and move on.

3 weeks later
#14707 1 year ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just started playing this game for real this week. I noticed last night that I would collect characters by just getting the ball somewhere near the required shot. Like one shot called for me to shot the right BP ramp and even though I bricked it, I still collected the character. Is this normal?
Also, Is it normal for the game to sometimes say “9 pieces of whatever we have left blah blah” when a ball (this happened at the start of ball 2, with Carina as character) is fed to the shooter lane and isn’t even launched yet?
The game also makes other (what I think are barrels or doors moving) little sounds before a ball is even launched.

You should read the manual, it tells you all about the characters and multiballs. If you choose Norrington it will give you the shot if you are close, but at a price, you will not get the full points. Nine pieces for eight is the multiball for the red movie. Collect all red arrows for multiball.

#14708 1 year ago

Haha I think you got your answer from 5 different people now, all with the same. Enjoy the game, it rocks!

2 weeks later
#14832 1 year ago
Quoted from Thot:

it seems that no matter what switch is activate for lunch chapter mode, it's a random choice

Keefer has explained the rules for this. It is more likely that you activate the last hit chapter shot.

Search for pinball_keefer post and you will find it. (hit, pinside user)

edit, i did it for you:

Guys, the modes are selected by the last target you hit (the color in front of the insert). You have to hit one of those targets to start a chapter. While it's bouncing around, the side rubbers rotate the lights. It's all based on physical action.
Note this generally means the last thing you qualified is more likely to start because of how it assigns the lights.

1 week later
#14907 1 year ago

Is the recording of the stream gone? Can't seem to find it.

3 months later
#15431 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am having a hard time getting over how they've just abandoned it.

Abandoned it? Where do you get that from? Keefer said in an interview with bro that the code is coming.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#15773 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

the best online version I was able to find is attached

JP posted a high res version of it here. http://tiltforums.com/t/pinball-code-mind-map-flowchart/2678/11?u=axl

maybe someone from JJP can post the PDF?

1 month later
#16103 1 year ago

I am going to have a pingolf stream with a friend. Any good suggestions for fun things to go for?

We are going to have one plunder game, the player with the most plunder wins.

Maybe the player with most gold? could be boring to watch?

Start one multiball, maybe the curse of the black pearl?

any suggestions?

#16105 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You could update your pin with the new PotC code.

that could work! 1 hour of waiting?

Jokes aside, pinball_keefer will eventually be done with the code. I have full confidence in him.
Give him some slack, JJP have just launched their biggest selling game ever. This game is a boutique game if you look at the sales numbers.
And do you miss break the curse? have you qualified for it? Bugs, yeah sure, i would love to see that fixed, but none of them is game breaking.

#16116 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So you need 9 goals? Is the game gonna be set to 5 balls? Here are a few suggestions.

Thank you for the suggestions!

#16130 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

So I decided to give this a try. I set my game up on 5 balls. Scoring is 1 to 6. Score is which ball you're on when reaching the goal, with a 6 being a failed attempt after all 5 balls played. This really makes you think about which character will help you with the task.

Thank you for taking your time! I tried it out. 500 and 1 million takes a long time. So I will skip those. The other ones where great! I think we will go for 200 gold and start tortuga. Possibly also the wizard mode. I tried the challenges with Elizabeth on all, so I don’t have any character bonus. It worked out great. And very fun to do.

1. Start At World's End MB. 2
2. Get 2X playfield started 3
3. Start Tortuga MB 2
4. Score 200K points 6
5. Stack 2 or more MB's 5
7. Start Liar's Dice 3
9. Start any Wizard Mode 6

#16131 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Is there a link to the most comprehensive rules?
I need to learn the intricacies to max my scores.

this is a good rule sheet: http://tiltforums.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-rulesheet-wip/4169

This is a good start: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simple-explanations-of-basic-goals-in-jjp-s-pirates-of-the-caribbean#post-4556937

don't forget the shot map that is in the manual.

2 months later
#16508 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Great heads up on changing the battery. Is there a certain sequence for changing the battery and not losing any saved scores, etc...? Does it just need to be powered down when changing battery?

there is a detailed writeup in the manual on how to, and with the correct battery

5 months later
#17012 5 months ago

Since Willy Wonka received the update yesterday, all the (higher selling) games have gotten the WiFi update. This leaves only Pirates. Hopefully we will see an update in September.
I have not lost hope.

#17014 5 months ago

Sorry, my bad, it seems like Hobbit is still missing the update, after that one, we are next.

3 weeks later
#17048 4 months ago

if you look in the manual you should get a clear idea on how it works, and how it is put together.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider axl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside