(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 12,232 posts
  • 457 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by harryhoudini
  • Topic is favorited by 218 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,181 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

75687E0B-267E-4DA6-ABED-D3A6C8C9C98D (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190915-222132_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190915-222121_Photos (resized).jpg
0937040F-BBA3-46CB-AFDA-721F611E5F15 (resized).jpeg
6912C593-1F4E-479E-B945-19BF1F86ECC7 (resized).jpeg
E10A127A-9157-4760-87A3-37A9D30FDE0C (resized).jpeg
DC5218F7-72E3-49C3-8418-FE9D909590BA (resized).jpeg
507E2A3F-5370-4332-9895-AAE50685E37D (resized).jpeg
351415CD-68E4-4A02-8942-B8217785F843 (resized).jpeg
3DFA1845-8B6C-4963-A0D9-FA4351A7EA5A (resized).jpeg
BD2DA509-58CE-4FEA-96EB-0BDC54231D08 (resized).jpeg
EE8040A8-B8D0-4FAC-9634-F42D6808FCB9 (resized).jpeg
53155467-5801-49BC-9A99-01BA5543AF3A (resized).jpeg
887C5034-5E98-44FB-9338-EB8DC73CFC4D (resized).jpeg
06EB0FB5-EE9C-4B99-BFF6-B4808CB148C7 (resized).jpeg
2FCECF80-7388-4392-B7A7-07F183FB1D50 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (11 months ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (10 months ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (10 months ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (9 months ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (8 months ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (8 months ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (7 months ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (7 months ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (6 months ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 months ago)

Post #6631 Twitch Video - How to Remove and Reinstall Black Pearl Upper Playfield Posted by KevInBuffalo (5 months ago)

Post #6655 Mylar bubble at jjPotC Map hole. Posted by thc666 (5 months ago)

Post #6834 Titan ring sizes Posted by AUKraut (5 months ago)

Post #8145 Positives and Negatives for each character Posted by EaglePin (4 months ago)

Post #8288 Rubber Sizing and Location on Playfield Posted by f3honda4me (4 months ago)

Post #8602 How to see pictures the game has taken Posted by f3honda4me (4 months ago)

Post #8625 Version .99 release notes as of 5/6/2019 Posted by pinball_keefer (4 months ago)

Post #8709 How to backup settings before installing an update Posted by LTG (4 months ago)

Post #9273 Version .99 Character Plus and Minus Benefits Posted by pinball_keefer (4 months ago)

Post #11892 Clear concise video on removing the black pearl Posted by rlslick (27 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#672 10 months ago

Sorry if my question has already been asked and answered but I would like to know if the LE I ordered will come with the same type of great printed and bound manual that my WOZRR & THBA came with. If not, will JJP be sending it out at a later date and I will just need to use the download version in the interim? Thanks.

#678 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

The compare list doesn't say anything about a printed manual for any model.
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC-Matrix-New.pdf
Download the one on the website, and check for updates to it.
LTG : )

Thanks. Sure hope that they decide to offer a print version eventually. Their manuals really set JJP apart from the other pin manufacturers. Heck, I 'd even be willing to buy one if need be but I hope 9500 is more than enough to merit inclusion of one.

#697 10 months ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

I put everything for a single pin in a 3 ring binder. So printing works for me. I’d rather they not include a manual and change the price to $9,400. Lol

I spoke to Jenn today. She says that printed manuals for the LE and SE's are not available yet but they are underway and will offered for purchase by those who want one within the next couple of months. Just FYI.

#877 10 months ago

I just examined my THBA AND WOZRR; The Hobbit shows some light 'dimpling' but not obtrusive. The WOZRR has rad cals and is absolutely perfect, smooth as glass. Sorry that the Hobbit does not have rad cals but I did order them for my POTC LE. Maybe that isn't an explanation but at this moment I think it is. I will update my post when my POTC gets here.

#970 10 months ago

I just received my "Aztec Gold Coin" Super Skill Shot Shooters Rod from the company of the same name. You can find them in the Pinside Shopping Mall. This is the second product that I purchased from them; the first was the "One Ring" for my Hobbit Black Arrow. Both items are exceptional in appearance, function, and quality.and, no pun intended, Bill (the owner) is a real straight shooter to deal with (ok, pun was intended). Anyway, just wanted to share that it is a really nice mod for a POTC LE.

2 weeks later
#1326 9 months ago
Quoted from the_belgian:

Are radcals worth the extra 400$ or should i order the le without.

There are a lot of mixed opinions on RADCALS but I think they are great. They make a huge difference in appearance and should hold up better over time. I ordered my LE with them. I have them on my RRWOZ and wish I bought them for my THBA but I got a great deal on an in stock machine; I should have waited until a RADCAL equipped version was available. That is what I am doing with my POTC LE purchase. JJP mistakenly sent a machine without RADCALS (JJP said the distributor erred in my order); I told my distributor to deliver the machine to someone else and reorder another one for me with RADCALS. That means another month long wait for my POTC but so what, I expect to have it a long time.

#1373 9 months ago

So glad I rejected the first POTC LE sent because it lacked the RADCALS I ordered. I will get the correct one after the CE"s are finished which will likely be in late January. I feel like maybe I dodged a bullet. Maybe by then they will have everything 'dialed in'. I know JJP can do it because my WOZRR and THBA were both perfect NIB games . So sorry that many are experiencing all of the 'pita' issues; not the way it is supposed to be.

#1390 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve had no issues with action button after putting a dab of lithium grease on the shaft of button from underside of lock bar.
Anyone try anything similar on the spinning disc gears?
Would love to find a solution to smooth/quiet the mech a bit.

I read an earlier post that said to apply some "DryFluid Extreme Gear Lube". That Pinsider highly recommended it for solving noise issues with the spinning disk. I bought some at Helidirect.com for $21.67 with shipping (Amazon is out and EBAY has only foreign sellers with outrageous shipping charges). I will use it as soon as I get my game.

#1401 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

White lithium is one of the highest regarded greases for gears in the Rc world. Doesn’t soften plastics or rubber and doesn’t break down like most dry lubes, Teflon lube and other ptfe lubes.
I will report back once I lightly apply.

I used to restore antique (1930's-1950) Wulitzer and RockOla jukeboxes and an old mechanic told me to use white lithium grease on the moving parts of the mechanisms. I did that and after a couple of years the white lube turned into a gummy compound that caused the mechs to freeze up. I had to tear down all of the mechs where I had used it, remove the offending grease, and relube with gun oil which worked like a charm. I guess I could do the same (gun oil) on my pinball gears but I am going to try the dry lube approach and see how it works. But, I will never use white lithium grease again. I know many swear by white grease; I swear at it. Best of luck to you.

1 week later
#1639 9 months ago

That is great! Where can I get one?

#1646 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Tom is removed easily from pop with two screws.
Basically I purchased a 6 or 7 inch NECA figurine (I think it was Dead Mans Chest Series 1? with rock base). I pulled off bottom half of Jack, cleaned it up, removed pop bumper (2 screws), removed Tom (two screws), marked the holes for bottom of Jack, made small pilot holes, then screwed in Jack to barrel using same Tom screws, then put pop back on.
CAUTION: This may not hold up over time and may void your warranty so do so at your own risk.

Hey Zack. Very clever. Thanks for sharing. I 'm guessing that you used epoxy or glue to set the sword and jug into the figure's hands so they don't fly off. Assuming you have sobered up from your unboxing effort, how are you liking your POTC so far?

#1883 9 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks! I think next on my wishlight might be a WOZ.

If you don't already have one, I recommend that you consider putting a Hobbit on your list too. I have both the WOZ and the HOBBIT and they are superb machines.

#2072 9 months ago

Ahoy mates. After my wait since last March (yes, I know some have waited much longer), my LE #63 with RADCALS finally made it's port of call in Oregon. Congrats to Eric and the JJP team for a great game; hopefully, it will be as trouble free as my other JJP pins. I am so glad I turned down an earlier copy and held out for one with the RADCALS; They are absolutely gorgeous. You may not like them or think they are not worth it but, you'd be wrong. My distributor was blown away when he saw them on a POTC; mine was the first LE that he has seen with them. He will certainly see more when the CE's roll in but I suspect he will get an LE for himself with, you guessed it, RADCALS.
Happy Holidays to all!

P1060260 (resized).JPGP1060262 (resized).JPGP1060263 (resized).JPG
#2079 9 months ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Radcals or not, that is a stunning lineup. Jjp makes beautiful games.

Thanks but it is a good thing that I have a very understanding wife. Otherwise......

#2102 8 months ago

You will definitely need to trim some of the coat and I am not sure if the hands/claws will clear the wire form. It might be some what tight over there. I had to trim a lot off my Jack figure and carefully maneuver the arms and implements to be sure that nothing would hit. Good luck with your project if you decide to go forward.

#2104 8 months ago

Just a tip to all the 'newbies' that getting their first nib machine. After unpacking and setting it up, inspect it closely for any loose connectors and/or parts, especially 'orphan parts'. I have found that putting a coat of wax on the play field really helps my 72 year old eyes to spot things that I would miss. For example, I found this beneath the Endeavor. Probably was dropped during assembly of control panel in the back box. All of the screws are present so perhaps a bit of assembly carelessness; who knows. Obviously it could have caused some serious play field damage at a minimum if I had not found it before playing my first game. Hard to resist 'getting to the game' but it is worth taking the time to check it out first. Just my opinion.

20181221_073902.jpg
#2284 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I need to offer a HUGE shout out to The Mod Father for making an absolutely AWESOME POTC must have. While all the mods and accessories he makes are Always top notch his Custom POTC pingulp and shooter rod are a picture perfect fit for this machine!!! The detail, color choice, beautiful barnacle accents and pirate imagery are spot on amazing! I have very few external mods but I must say these are well worth it to complete the complete pirate theme. Thanks again to The Mod Father for raising the bar on a Really cool set!
Do check out his amazing collection and for POTC its a no brainer!
https://modfatherpinball.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Couldn't agree more. Chuck not only makes superb mods but he also provides superior customer service. I'd recommend the Mod Father (and the Mod Couple too) unequivocally.

#2391 8 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Best I've managed over the break and on the new code. That guy who has 13+ million on the other page must have had an INSANE game that went on forever.
Pretty sure I was playing for 30ish minutes on this one. I think the key was a well timed Arrrr Frenzy and a Super X on the playfield. Still haven't made a 666666 mode yet.
[quoted image]

Was this on a 3 ball or 5 ball game? Makes a difference....

#2398 8 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

true. i always assume everybody just plays 3 ball usually. with the way this game gives out extra balls on a long game sometimes a 3 ball game seems to play more like a 5 or 6 or 7 ball game haha.

Fair point. Congratulations on a great score.

2 weeks later
#2794 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

for people who don't own this game and are reading this thread every day seeing new issue after another - maybe I'm just the lucky one but I haven't had any real issues. Literally none. The game plays amazing too. I just wanted to mention this b/c if I was a new buyer and read this thread I might be concerned about getting one.

Me too. My other JJP'S are also trouble free. Seems to be the norm.

1 week later
#3023 7 months ago

One month update, or close to it. LE 63 has been trouble free except for a small chip in the play field at the Tortuga VUK which I immediately touched up and sealed with clear nail polish. We absolutely love this game; a definite long term keeper. Well done Eric and the JJP team. Now, what and when will game 5 be announced? I am hoping to find out at TPF 2019...just being a bit of "piratie" greedy I suppose.

#3136 7 months ago
Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I have a question for you POTC owners. This may be the worst place to ask this, or possibly the best . I have room for one pin in my house, and I current have a Monster Bash LE on order. I went and played one yesterday, and while it's fun and campy and of course the game is beautiful, I just worry I will get bored quickly of it. I also played a Hobbit black arrow, and (the reason I'm posting here) a POTC. I really loved both the Hobbit and Pirates, and I am leaning towards switching my order to one of these games. Any thoughts/arguments either for or against? In general I love how many modes there are on pirates, and how deep the game seems to be. But my wife is more about bashing the ball around and doesn't pay attention to any of the rules. Still - the machine is mostly for me. Let me know if you have any feedback. Thanks!

I have both games (MBR LE and THBA) and also a POTC LE. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those games but I believe the JJP games, though more costly, are the better choice. They are much more fun, complex, and engaging compared to MBR. MBR is fun but it does not leave me 'exhausted' like a challenging game on POTC or THBA. Between the two JJP games, that is a really tough call. My wife and I love the Hobbit's film clips, music, and call outs and the game never disappoints us. But for the lack of film clips, the same could be said for POTC. Despite all the issues you have read about on the POTC, our's has been trouble free as has our THBA. I guess it just boils down to what theme you like best. Good luck in your decision.

#3137 7 months ago

Forgot to mention that if you go for a JJP game and it is likely to be a keeper, consider adding the RADCALS. I know they are not cheap but the games really look great with them.

#3198 7 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I only bent them in very slightly. Not sure if it will help or not, but those metal slider support things were too close to the cabinet sides for my liking. The playfield does sit tight in the cabinet on this game. Need to be very careful when lifting and lowering the playfield or risk damaging $80 side decals. A better approach might be to remove those pieces from the playfield and Dremel off a 1/4” from the end of the round lobe and then sand/smooth it out before reinstalling.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No need to bend. Just remove and file the edges down slightly so that they do not protrude beyond the play field edge. Same thing with any metal components mounted at or near the edge plus upper play field parts like the metal frame on the The Hobbit that holds the "Killi spinner"; that one got my Hobbit art blade and I learned my lesson from it. Now, before I install any art blades, I examine the play field (upper and lower) for anything close to the outer edges and 'file away' or adjust as needed. The play field fit is still tight but now manageable.

#3203 7 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The manual is amazing and most will never know it

Not sure what you mean by "most will never know it". It is too bad that the printed manual (all of JJP's manuals are great) is only included with the CE but it is available for the rest of us in the parts section of JJP's web site for the POTC. I ordered one for my LE today.

#3231 7 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Too be that most will never see it as they won't likely think to download it, view digitally on screen, within the pin's setup, print it or buy it.
You can see by a number of the questions that come up that many have never leafed through the manual and it is a great manual!
...unfortunate in that sense.

Now I understand and I agree with your point because the manuals are works of art in their own rights. Much like the machines themselves.

1 week later
#3403 7 months ago

Not correct. My WOZ RR and my THBA both came with copies of JJP'S outstanding manuals. I agree it should have been included with my $9500 POTC LE but it wasn't so, I have a $9600 POTC LE. Love the game, gotta have the manual. Just like a lot of the great mods that yelobird sells (bought 2 more the other day).

#3502 7 months ago

I commend your creativity but, sorry, it doesn't do it for me

#3612 7 months ago

Can anyone tell me in which JJP post on YouTube the rules for Liars Dice is explained and, how you play it in the game when it appears on screen? My wife was well on way to a million point game when the game presented her with the opportunity to play Liars Dice. Neither of us knew what to do and thanks to my dumb advice she lost half of her accumulated score. Ouch! So, any pointers on which video it is explained in?

#3628 7 months ago

Probably one of the twitch feeds.
Here is one short one - then search on line how to play liars dice so you understand the rules.
LTG

Thanks very much Lloyd. What I still do not know is how do I choose not to play Liars Dice when the game offers me the opportunity. I don't see anything in the menu that allows me to turn off the feature so do I just wait for a time out on the screen or is there a selection that I have to make (I did that and I lived to regret it).
Mike

#3629 7 months ago

Thanks for your post. I kind of knew the general rules but I did not and still do not know how to decline the opportunity to play the feature when it is offered.

#3631 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Probably one of the twitch feeds.
Here is one short one - then search on line how to play liars dice so you understand the rules.

Thanks Lloyd. That was helpful but I want to know is what to do in order to not even play Liars Dice when its' offered. In other words, don't gamble. I don't see an option to turn the feature off in the menu. Does the screen simply time out when no action is taken? Again, thanks for your reply.

#3634 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

When liar's dice comes up, just choose "walk away".

I don't remember seeing that 'on screen' but if we ever get that far again, we will look for it. Thanks.

#3635 7 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I would say that they are small issues. The biggest one would be having to remove the BP and fix something under it or in the chapter start area. They have fixed the issue with the wires breaking under the BP for bonus x switches. With the experiance you have from previous JJP pins you should be fine. Don't pass this pin up, I think it's the best to date from JJP!!!

It will simply put the ball back in play after waiting for a length of time.
See post just above your last.

OK. Thanks.

#3689 7 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does anyone have the POTC topper from tilt toppers? Just curious to see how it looks with this game since the coloring is geared more towards the Stern POTC than this one.

I have one and I think it is great, much better than the 'piece of plastic' that comes with the LE. Toppers is one area where JJP really falls short. For $9500 it could and should have been a whole lot better. My original topper is now sitting comfortably stored in the base of the game cabinet.

#3699 7 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah I agree. I think the one on the CE is pretty awesome but not for an extra 3k. This game is already expensive enough. Rather keep that 3k and put it towards another game.
Any chance you could share a pic of your game with the topper on it, love to see how it looks.
Thanks
Greg

Here are a couple of pictures. I think the color of the topper goes well with the apron and map colors.

Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah I agree. I think the one on the CE is pretty awesome but not for an extra 3k. This game is already expensive enough. Rather keep that 3k and put it towards another game.
Any chance you could share a pic of your game with the topper on it, love to see how it looks.
Thanks
Greg

P1060293 (resized).JPGP1060295 (resized).JPG
#3701 7 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

How tall is the tilt topper?

It stands 11 1/4" above the top of the back box. The led's flash or "flicker" to enhance the burning torch look. Overall, Dan at TILT Toppers did a excellent job with it. Very pleased.

#3732 7 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For the guys that have had this game for a couple months or more, what do you think of it? Is it still worth 10k? Are you having any thoughts of dumping it soon? How is it compared to other games you own or have owned? I must admit, I've never had such a difficult time deciding on a game before, but the price still has me held back. For some reason there is a mental threshold past 8k for me. Even if you only had it a very short time, how is the honeymoon period comparing to other games you've owned?

Worth every cent. It will be in my home for a long time. So many features, so much fun, not enough time to discover everything it has to offer. It's a classic.

#3823 7 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Got me to jump off the fence and snatch one. I tend to keep things I buy forever, so not concerned about resale so much.

Smart move.

#3851 7 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Mod Couple mods just arrived. Right off the bat I can say I'm really impressed with the detail. Very nice!
[quoted image]

What? You didn't get "Jack the Monkey"?? No "Hangman's Noose"? I can see another order in your future.

#3991 7 months ago

Hey Dave. This like water torture. Every week something new and great becomes available from you. Have you thought of setting up some kind of subscription service that just automatically orders and sends out your latest...just kidding but it might be easier. And yes, I just ordered 4 more of your 'goodies' for my POTC. I am going to rename my game "Pirates of the Mod Couple".

#4071 7 months ago

What air ball protector are you referring to? Is that some kind of mod and if so, who sells it?

#4084 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red circle is the wireform to raise. Yellow arrows point to screws. Easy to check. Easy to fix. Loosen screw and pull the wireform the whole way up. Save yourself an adventure.
[quoted image]

Not to seem paranoid but with so many new products and problems experienced by others, I wasn't sure if this was a new one. Guess not because mine is just fine. To be honest, I really haven't had any problems with my POTC at all. Thank goodness and, thanks to you Lloyd and zaphX for being there to help us all out.

#4103 7 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

You're lucky - I've lost count on the number of issues with mine, some small and some significant. If this were a new car it would be close to lemon status.

Yes, after reading about the problems others have had I do feel very fortunate. You have my empathy. But, my WOZ RR and my THBA have also been bullet proof. Maybe it is because I bought both of them NIB last year and most problems they might have had were already resolved. In any event, no more pre orders for me; I probably dodged a bullet this time and I don't want to push my luck. Whatever JJP does next, I think I will let "the dust settle a bit" before I join the parade. But, I will be there looking to jump in. They are just too much fun to miss out on.

1 week later
#4517 6 months ago

What are you people expecting re. the POTC movies? Citizen Kane? They are just light hearted, tongue in cheek, romps meant as nothing more than amusing adventure themed diversions. If you can't enjoy them as nothing more than that, it is your loss.

1 week later
#5047 6 months ago

I bought mine from Super Skill Shot Shooters (he advertises on Pinside). As I recall, I believe he told me that that JJP uses different sized shooter rods vs. Stern. Just to be safe, you might want to ask him or the EBAY seller about that before you make the purchase.

1 week later
#5538 6 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Read my post from yesterday #5488. You definitely will want these plastic art protectors
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-cabinet-assembly-blades

Definitely. I ruined a set without them. The replacement set installed easily (with my wife's help, a 2 person job for sure makes it even easier). Also, use some soapy water to make sliding the new pinblades into position, a great suggestion offered by other pinsiders. Many types of pinblades to choose from but here are my new pinblades from TILT GRAPHICS:

20190312_104458 (resized).jpg20190312_104615 (resized).jpg
#5558 6 months ago

I did it that way and had no problems whatsoever. Just make sure you get the pin blade protectors from Mezel Mods. They make the install easy.

1 week later
#6036 5 months ago

My wife and I were there when Jack made his announcements re. POTC production and the unveiling of the WOZ YBR; from our observations, neither event was well received. Re. POTC production, Jack seemed quite uncomfortable in explaining it and was a bit defensive in blaming distributors for disappointing customers by not having ordered and stocked more machines. We think his mindset on that may help explain why WOZ YBR will only be available from distributors and cannot be directly ordered from JJP itself. We think he is hoping that given the experience of running out of POTC's and now being the exclusive source for the new WOZ, distributors will be inclined to order and stock the game.
We are not so sure and judging from our own reaction, the seminar audience's , and recent pinside posts, the new WOZ is disappointing. Unless the hefty price is to provide better margins for the distributor, they would be well advised to avoid the inventory risk that Jack may be wanting them to accept. We personally do not think that at $11500, it will be an easy sell. It will be even tougher if a new game is introduced soon. Just our opinion.

#6075 5 months ago

My thoughts exactly. See my post #6036 from the TPF.

1 week later
#6804 5 months ago
Quoted from TZBen:

what kind of rubber is JJP installing these days? china brand X? or titan silicone?

I think they are rubber. I just replaced mine with Titans and there is a big improvement. I went with red to replace the 3 main flippers . JJP's red ones were more like a faded out red and were showing a lot of wear and scuffing after just a couple of hundred plays. The new Titans do look great and should be much more durable.

1 week later
#7426 5 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

As I was stating working on a mod for the playfield which will cover the star map.
Here is a video sample... let me know what you think.

You got my upvote. I think I would buy one.the star map vs. your MOD, no contest. Anxious to see the final product.

3 weeks later
#8882 4 months ago

If you're having difficulty updating to v.99, try getting a few Kingston 16 GB USB sticks from Amazon. I used to have all kinds of problems updating my JJP games using other brand and size USB's. Then, I tried using the new sticks. Today was easy peasy like every other one has been since I got the Kingston drives. BTW, the new code is working just fine. Nice job JJP.

1 month later
#10752 3 months ago

Looks great. Anxious to order.

#10786 89 days ago

Placed an order tonight. What's next?

#10845 86 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just moving the pin may settle the gaps differently. You’ll probably get it in there. But I would definitely invest in the blade protectors from pbl

He is correct, they can be installed carefully and Mezel Mods sells the protectors too. They are an absolute must for you. Without them you will eventually damage your pin blades. Enjoy, you will love it.

#10956 81 days ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

It’ll be fine , bulletproof with 2pack matte clear protecting it.

This is a shout out to Geert. Great job! A work of art, very well crafted, rapidly shipped, and easy to install. If you like how it looks and have the $$, get one while you can. I don't think you will regret it.

20190627_101256.jpg
#11098 76 days ago

I understand that a printed manual will not be provided for any model including the CE'S. Did you SE owners get a CD with your games and is it, if you know, as thorough as previous JJP manuals? They have been the very best.

#11108 76 days ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

The CE's all come with the printed manual.

I wrote to Jack himself last week and he told me the manual issue was still under consideration. He said a manual would be provided but not necessarily a printed one for any model including CE's.

#11164 73 days ago

Thanks for your elucidation. I asked Jack and (and also Jenn) specifically about WONKA CE manuals. Jenn told me a month ago she did not know if they would be included and Jack last week told me that it was an open issue for the CE's still but some form of manual, maybe not 'printed', would be made available. You are right about the history of the printed manual. Included with my WOZRR and my Hobbit BA but I had to pay for one for my POTC LE; I don't have DI so I don't know what happened there. They have been gradually cut back and now it looks possible that they may be gone completely even for CE's and no one is sure if they will even be available in print form as a separate purchase. I was told by others at JJP to let the 'powers' know if you want printed manuals to continue. I for one do and that is why I contacted Jack about the issue.

#11167 73 days ago

Yep. Your printed manuals are superb and are as much a keeper as the machine itself is. Kind of go "hand and glove" together. I hope the 'bean counters' see the light on the issue and make the customers' and the JJP tech staffs' lives a bit easier. Yeah, online may be a work around way to deal with the need for a manual but I don't have a PC by my machines and the manuals don't display all that well on my smart phone. Hence, I personally have a need and I have used my printed manuals many times.

1 month later
#11711 36 days ago

Now that is cool. Scott,, you are going to bust me with all of your cool mods. I want one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
14,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside