(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadebar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16481 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You could hook it to an ardiuno and program it to shift from sea blue to green and change brightness/intensity to simulate the ocean. That would look pretty great.

Yesterday I was just hooking up a color changer strip down the back of the game and wrapping one foot under the bottom, set on Cyan color and slow fade to try and replicate ocean/water, but I need this ardiuno idea now PinMonk !

#16509 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cant find the post only a basic post but someone in the thread used one of those $10 motion Amazon water projectors under their game and I always thought it looked incredible for this title. Much better in my opinion then simple LED lights. They posted a video just can't find it.
[quoted image]

I tried this a couple years ago when we had Stern Pirates and having the bubble dome thing under the pin wasn’t ideal and turning it off and on each time etc... something not visible from walking around the pin and that turns on/off with the game would be sweet

1 month later
#16726 2 years ago

Here's a fairly cheap/easy way to make the topper a little more fun. I was tired of the bright light pollution from the factory light on the ceiling/walls, so I just got a cheap 6ft led RGB strip online, cut it down to fit under the topper & tied it into an open 12v spot in backbox.

3 months later
#17018 2 years ago

Someone was asking about a ship in a bottle, when I moved my Pirates into the corner where the roof is recessed lower I took off the factory topper and put this guy up there with a color changer strip on slow fade. Obviously it’s no CE!(; but it’s a black pirate ship in a bottle with a wooden base and that’s good enough for ourrrrrr pad

C397C7F3-2059-44B6-A4AD-094E93C871B4 (resized).jpegC397C7F3-2059-44B6-A4AD-094E93C871B4 (resized).jpegED2FA03D-D27E-4ECF-B019-9392508801A5 (resized).jpegED2FA03D-D27E-4ECF-B019-9392508801A5 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#17139 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Does anyone know if the sound board on this game is interchangeable with the sound board on The Hobbit? I've got an annoying whistling screeching filling sound from all 3 speakers on my Hobbit, which I'm struggling to track down and I'm starting to suspect the sound board itself, so if they are the same between these games I could swap them over and see if it fixes it...
Also, how do you move the display to get to the main box of electronics behind it?
Thanks a lot!!

Might be worth checking out the soldering to the speakers. I had some high pitched distorting out sound occasionally on my Hobbit and just unscrewed the sound bar from the top of the backbox and unplugged the rca’s and pulled the bar out and sure enough there was a frayed connection to one speaker, resoldered it and all was well.

#17141 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Very interesting! So was it the case that the noise was getting to all 3 speakers on yours even though the problem was on just one speaker connection, or was the noise only coming from the speaker with the frayed connection?

It was only one side so no exactly the same as you’re describing, but there could be a chance you have multiple soldering issues, I don’t know, just trying to help with ideas.

3 weeks later
#17238 2 years ago

Sounds like a great update.
Anyone confirm if there’s any extrasensory upgrades to sinking the HMS like shaker/lights exploding, an extra second to savor the spoils?
Also what’s the word on the “Exxtra Booooooooowwwllll”?!

2 months later
#17423 2 years ago

Any advice on how to get this ‘razor blade’ gate to work properly? Often it doesn’t go up all the way when the cannon is lit and you have to hit it with the ball a couple times until it finally lifts up higher. Thanks!

66C78E2A-06AE-4442-A754-30CEF4BA71C2 (resized).jpeg66C78E2A-06AE-4442-A754-30CEF4BA71C2 (resized).jpeg
#17426 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

You have a playfield switch that is triggering periodically. If a switch on the playfield triggers the game thinks the ball has exited the Black Pearl which causes the gate to close until you hit a switch on the Black Pearl which again opens the gate. Put your game in switch test mode and smack the playfield in different locations with your hand to see which switch is too sensitive and being inadvertently triggered by vibration.

The arrow will be lit to hit the ball into the cannon gate but sometimes the gate doesn’t open all the way until nudged by the ball once or twice, like the spring needs help or something. It seems more like a mechanical thing than a switch but I’ll try that, thanks.

#17428 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

If the arrow remains lit, it could just be that the rod needs bent slightly. If I remember correctly, there is an actuator rod behind the gate on the right that pulls the gate open. You can bend it to make the gate raise a little higher.

Thanks I’ll check that out also, it seems like it’s just needing more strength to get the gate open all the way, that or something is hindering it and then a ball smack or two and it frees it up the rest of the way.
In fact I think sometimes it’s not shutting all the way either and then it’s partially sticking out in the way of hitting the load cannon target to the right of it.

#17430 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

You need to pull your playfield out and take the roof off the ship. You will then see the the coil and arm responsible for raising the gate, you can either bend the arm or the U shaped hook it’s connected to. If you bent that hook out it will allow more play or range of motion in that gate. Test it out and you’ll be able tell how much you need to bend it to get the gate to open and close properly.

Thanks. I pulled the pf out to get to it but I couldn’t tell how to get the roof off of that left side, so there wasn’t a lot of room to try and get to the arm. I could tell the arm piece had a lot of play clockwise and counter clockwise also, and depending on which way it was shifted it didn’t actuate the arm as much. Also noticed the end of the arm where the spring hole is looks twisted/bent, so if the spring moves too much to one side the arm doesn’t actuate the spring as much as if it’s on the other side.
I’m guessing the ‘razor’ gate is supposed to be fully rested downward/flush when not actuated, mine would only go flush if I physically pushed it due to spring tension holding it open even when the coils not engaged.
I just tried bending the arm up to get the ‘razor’ flush at rest, but now still having issues with the gate not consistently opening all the way when the arrows green = having to hit the partially open gate with the ball then it pops fully open.
Is there a set screw I’m missing to get that left side roof off the Pearl? THX!

#17432 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

I don't know if you are talking about the same thing but when the green arrow is on you have to hit a target or a spinner on the pearl for it to open.

Thanks, I understand any switch on main pf will release the coil and it takes a switch hit on the Pearl to engage it.
My ‘razor’ gate has definitely been out of proper alignment, if I can figure out getting the roof off I’ll have time to do more adjustments this eve, & will also make sure no switch issues on the pf are compounding the issue.

#17434 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I haven't seen a Pirates where that gate closes flush at rest. I think it's normal for it to stick out a little bit. I would focus on getting it to open far enough to clear the ball.

That’s definitely helpful thanks. If I can fig out how the roof comes off maybe it will be easier to make accurate adjustments..

#17436 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

As Betelgeuse said, just get it to a spot where it's mostly down but still raises enough for the ball to pass under it when it's triggered to open. I tried a lot of different adjustments to get the gate to close all the way while still opening enough for the ball to pass through but it just wouldn't happen.

This is Awesome info, thanks so much for everyone’s helpful tips, I should have this boat rockin proper tonight.
Cheers!

2 months later
#17506 2 years ago

Saturday is always Pirates Day at our pad, but it was a Proud Dad day 2day - my 11mo old pulled up & hit the Start button for the first time ever, & then my almost 3yr old came up and launched the ball to show him how to play(;

DCF26473-3783-4778-9F09-A883D8C6EAB5 (resized).jpegDCF26473-3783-4778-9F09-A883D8C6EAB5 (resized).jpegEF1ACA59-59C9-4DAD-96F8-A8A678A82BC0 (resized).jpegEF1ACA59-59C9-4DAD-96F8-A8A678A82BC0 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadebar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.