(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider V4Vendetta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12254 4 years ago

Just got the call from the delivery guy, my LE should be here in 15 mins!! fcking STOKED!!!

#12257 4 years ago

IJ has been my favorite pin since I can remember flippin. Never thought a day would come when IJ is dethroned from the top but man I must say this game is truly special. First thing my wife said when potc was delivered today was "Wow, that looks like a updated version of IJ with millennial technology," and I have to agree with her. This one is it guys, my GOAT.

#12274 4 years ago

my game has problem releasing balls from the chest when the multiball is at play. It looks like the either the gate doesn't retract back long enough or there isn't a enough angle for the gravity to push the ball down. Sometime all 3balls are stuck and sometimes it lets out 1 ball but goes into ball search when the chest gets stuck with 2 balls left.

#12276 4 years ago

no, i thought that at first so bought carbon balls and still doing the same thing. and I read some where in this thread about the balls bigger than usual so I measured with my caliper and it came out exactly 1 1/16"

1 week later
#12433 4 years ago

*SOLD*

I have a extra jack sparrow to replace your tortuga tom. I've already drilled the holes for the barrel so all you have to do is just screw him in where tortuga tom was. The gun, hat and the arms are epoxied in so you don't have to worry about them falling off. Ihave mod couple monkey also. I will sell them both for $90 shipped. PM me if interested. If this isn't the right place for this post, then I'll let the moderators do their thing.
potc (resized).jpgpotc (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#12769 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Picked this up a few days ago, thankfully only very minor issues, a tweak here and a bend there, and it's playing like a dream. Fast becoming one of my all-time favorites.
I assume you should be able to hit the chest from the lower left flipper? I just can't ever seem to get the upper left flipper out of the way in time to complete the shot. I suppose I might hold flippers an extra half second like a baseball or golf swing follow-through, but maybe I'm trying to make a shot that is pretty hard to make and should instead just transfer over to the right flipper when I need the chest. My wife says she can make it from the left flipper, but I've never actually SEEN her do it!

same here, it usually hits the upper left flipper and goes in the hole most of times. I think I've done it about 2 times from left flipper so I just do all my chest shot from the right flipper.

#12816 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I’ve been trying to buy the one in Melbourne, but I haven’t heard back in about a week. I hope everything is ok and he’s just busy.

I'm pretty sure the last one was bought by you unless he had more than one NIB lying around which I doubt especially in Australia.

1 month later
#13226 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'll repost my opinion on this from earlier in the thread...
"You shouldn't limit yourself to an LE/CE IMHO. I've played both versions extensively and I ended up buying an SE. I saved a lot of money that way and I am extremely happy with it. There aren't really any gameplay differences minus the star map and honestly hardly anyone understands and/or uses it anyway. And to compensate, it shows you the shots on the playfield to replace it. In fact, as far as LE features, I would go as far as to say that the color changing GI in the LE is a negative for me. Having the GI light up the whole game neon pink and all colors of the rainbow on the LE works on a theme like WOZ, but just honestly doesn't fit a darker Pirate themed game well. All the inserts still color change on the SE anyway."
That said, I am not a big cosmetic mod guy, some people are. I wouldn't pay anything for upgraded glass, it's just not necessary in my experience. The powercoat is just black instead of chrome, the topper is nothing special and I already said the color changing GI isn't worth it to me. I don't need an external headphone jack, etc. Back when the difference between a NIB SE and LE was $1000 I could definitely see the value there for some people, but now it seems like the difference is $1500 between the two models on the second hand market and that definitely wasn't worth the extra cost to me on a game that already greatly exceeded my normal pinball machine spending range.

LE is well worth the money over SE any day. Sure you are right about the cosmetic differences are only the devils triangle, pop bumbers, and you can add those, plus shaker, invisglass, headphone jack with aftermarket mods to tried to copy LE but integrated Starmap and color changing GI can not be duplicated. So there is a definite difference in gameplay, at least for me with the GI and i'm sure most will agree.

Easily top 3 games all time for me.

1 month later
#13824 4 years ago

On a positive note, I finally got done building my topper and I think it came out pretty sweet. Also added couple things to make the game my own so it doesn't look like everyone elses. The topper is made from a kit I bought on ebay made out of wood and it took about a month to build and paint. But mostly those strings for the sail probably took majority of time. It's kinda funny that for how long I've been lurking on this site, I've never actually posted any pics of my pins on pinside before so here it is. Thanks for looking and all criticism are welcome.

IMG_0186 (resized).jpgIMG_0186 (resized).jpgIMG_0182 (resized).jpgIMG_0182 (resized).jpgIMG_0183 (resized).jpgIMG_0183 (resized).jpgIMG_0184 (resized).jpgIMG_0184 (resized).jpg
#13876 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How was this resolved? Mine is doing it.

I used little bit of dry lube and it's been working for over 500 games.

#13942 4 years ago

oh man those white GI on SE models look so meh. Didn't know color changing GI made that much difference to the game. I really didn't think that would make the games look so different.

1 week later
#14139 4 years ago

I hate the cheapo 2 plactic bumper caps that come stock so I bought 3d printed caps from 2 different companies but I realized I hate the ugly layer lines (I can't be the only one that thinks this) they leave on the finished product even more than the original. This is why fdm printers will never surpass resin printers in print quality imo. So I decided to tackle this since I love this game so much.

First I downloaded many different barrel designs from thingiverse but after printing all of them out with my sla printer, installing them one by one i found out that having 2 different lookings barrels in a came drove me crazy due to my ocd nature. So i made a mold of the stock barrel and made casts of the original and airbrush them and did panel lines and drybrushing to finish it off.

But this is where i need your opinion. I want to put few 3d printed things on the barrel to add some extra detail to top it off. I decided to add some dice to represent liars dice and the key for the trunk (spoiler alert) cuz that's the reason why they play liars dice on the movie. This is where I need ur input. I want to put a 3rd item to finish it and can't decide which one I like better. I found a cup with a cthuhu design on it and it kinda looks like davy jones so i think it fits the pin perfectly and other is jack's compass.

which one do you like better?
IMG_0214 (resized).jpgIMG_0214 (resized).jpgIMG_0218 (resized).jpgIMG_0218 (resized).jpgI'll paint them after deciding.IMG_0219 (resized).jpgIMG_0219 (resized).jpgIMG_0225 (resized).jpgIMG_0225 (resized).jpg

#14148 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That and while the result is awesome for pinball use the parts are like virtually printing in glass. Resin parts have No mercy for manipulation or a ball strike. We have printed many but you really can’t put them anywhere a ball could fly to.

resin i used is called semi-rigid plastic resin. It has alot of give in terms of flexibility. I doubt a ball strike would do any damage. It might chip off the paint but that's about the maximum damage i can see it doing. I would be worried way more about a fdm printed item snapping along the layer lines if anything.

Quoted from bbulkley:

Flex resin is a good option and will tolerate a lot of impact.

that is the same resin I'm using.

2 weeks later
#14309 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not to get off topic, but the Harbor Freight lift project is a game changer. That plus Escalera and your pinball life is sorted out.[quoted image]

my hf cart has saved me from shit load of back pain. If you can't fork up the money for escalera or you live where you don't have any stairs, hf cart is golden.

#14310 4 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Yes, I modeled it? I'll share it on ThingVerse as soon as I'm done.

mind sharing the file? thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider V4Vendetta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=V4Vendetta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.