(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#310 5 years ago

Thanks to a fellow pinsider, I was able to test a couple of mods, trough light and sidelights on the translight...the fire really lights up well.

I realize not many games out there, but if there is interest in these mods, they are on our site now.

https://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-mods

IMG_20181011_173029 (resized).jpgIMG_20181011_173029 (resized).jpgIMG_20181011_195941_402 (resized).jpgIMG_20181011_195941_402 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#2538 5 years ago

For those who might be interested, we have a lighted sidelights mod available on our website and soon in our pinside shop.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-translight-side-lights-kit

PicsArt_01-02-01.03.27 (resized).jpgPicsArt_01-02-01.03.27 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4312 5 years ago

We have a new lighted treasure chest mod...speed and pattern of the light can be controlled.

Available On our website and will be in our pinside shop shortly.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

IMG950155_02 (resized).jpgIMG950155_02 (resized).jpg
#4316 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Lermods, will you be at TPF? If so I'll be picking one up most likely.

yes, we will have a booth there. I will bring a few of these along, but if anyone thinks they might want this or anything else, best to let us know beforehand as we will generally have limited stock on hand. Now back to the POTC thread.

#4328 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Nice mod, 2 questions, like someone else asked is red availible that makes the most sense. And can you make it beat only when ball lock is ready?
Congrats ! Are those regular mirror blades or the black? ^^

We do offer it in red, but it is not tied.to a specific light or sound.

3 weeks later
#5700 5 years ago

More people have received games and may not have seen our lighted chest mod with controllable dimmer. Apologies for the spam.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

#5702 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

@lermods did you make a light for the dauntless hole?

i didn't, but I can if you can send me pics of the hole from the top and bottom of the playfield. Does it need to be interactive or on all the time? Interactive is harder with newer games as everything runs off light boards.

#5716 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I went with the gold. It’s a gold chest after all

We’ve mostly sold gold, a few reds. If it had a beating heart, I’d say red like in the stern version, my preference is gold too.

No pics of red, unfortunately.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Can you post one with the red light? I'm picking up one at TPF anyway, but I really can't decide with only seeing the gold.

1 week later
#6145 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have my LE on order...
I already have the cliffys ordered as well as new star posts, (to replace the standard posts on the slings).
Are there any other recommendations that I should consider?

Are cliffys not standard on the game? Are they needed in a HUO environment? They are needed for dialed, at least for the sim hole.
I ordered an LE yesterday, should have in a few weeks. Thx

#6188 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I'm picking up a pirates in the next few days, but I'm a little concerned about whether the pin will fit in my BMW X5. A stern with the head folded down will just barely fit top to bottom (plenty of room on the sides). Will pirates fit?
Thanks

I believe jjp games are the same as bw games, which a don’t require as much height as stern games. I think you need roughly 29-3/4 for bw.

#6189 5 years ago

What’s been the experience with the more recently produced games in terms of quality control? I’m told my LE is being built as parts become available. Hoping things have largely been addressed. Looks like I might be getting one of the last off the line.

#6218 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was told today, that my LE I ordered last week isn't on the line yet...they are waiting on parts.

Same for me.

#6379 5 years ago

Shameless plug for sidelights

9DFC3E5A-074F-4DD5-A3E3-80E8812C64A7 (resized).jpeg9DFC3E5A-074F-4DD5-A3E3-80E8812C64A7 (resized).jpeg
#6436 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Receiver?
Anyone ever have a misaligned or bent lockdown bar? I removed the sticky foam even, and can only lock one side down. The metal tabs seem bent? The one on the right isn't flush/parallel with the one on the left. And I have the glass as far up as I can go.
Even turning the coin box key takes a firm turn upward to lock.
I have no.visible cabinet or box damage. Not sure why there are these front end, very basic mechanical issues...
Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm off to bed for now.
[quoted image]

Did you try adjusting the screws circled in the pic?

8B6E888B-83D4-477F-9955-C08B82DF55D5 (resized).jpeg8B6E888B-83D4-477F-9955-C08B82DF55D5 (resized).jpeg
#6620 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The ruleset for the game feels like a blend between LOTR and WOZ in my opinion.

This is exactly what I was hoping for!

#6638 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

There's one thing I still can't get working on my POTC and that's the annoying sticking action button. I've tried pretty much everything - bending the angle of the switch extension, removing the rough edge on the inner button shaft, adjusting and polishing the screw on the bottom, and adding lubrication. But the button continues to stick occasionally. Unless someone has another suggestion I guess I'll have to replace the entire unit and switch.

the one at TPF had a similar issue, odd since it's such a simple mechanism. Maybe call JJP to see what they suggest.

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Last night we did an in-depth walkthrough of the rules and strategy behind JJPOTC. Here's the YouTube archive if you want to check it out!

thanks for posting that, very helpful and shows what an incredible game this is!

1 week later
#7390 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Well I got to say I'm glad to be in on Pirates last few being built as Wonka definitely not getting me that excited...back to your regular scheduled program "POTC"

I have a similar feeling. I'm glad I am getting a potc LE. after seeing WW, Potc seems a lot more packed to me.

#7585 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I believe 40 left all sold to build is about right.

One of them is mine!

#7837 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Are any of the lighting mods (chest, scoops, etc) from lermods or mezel actually controlled by the GI or interactive lighting? Or are they all independently lit unrelated to gameplay? I assume the latter but am hoping for the former I suppose with the JJP lighting system it is a bit much to have these minor mods correlated to gameplay. Seems like pinstadium is the only light mod that is integrated.

Our mods, trough and chest lights, hook to the spotlights so the mods go on and off whenever the spotlight goes off. The issue with making them interactive is you have to tap into the light boards, and that’s likely not a safe thing to do. Our chest light does have a dimmer with several different modes. I will have a game in May I hope so can take a closer look for other connection points.

#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm waiting on an LE too.
I haven't heard a word as to when it will be finished though.

Some time in May is the last I heard.

#8189 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

amazon.com link »
LTG : )

I've been using this stuff for years, lasts forever.

2 weeks later
#8865 4 years ago

LE in the market in FL for 8400...someone got a steal.

#8950 4 years ago

LEs are rolling off the line, picked mine up this morning...no pics yet, sorry.

#8981 4 years ago

So, just got done setting the game up. Seems to be playing perfect, everything working, but of course I don’t know what I’m doing yet. Two possible minor issues.

1. The lock bar is pretty tight to the glass. The lock bar lock mechanism is fine but it’s almost as if the glass should be 1/16-1/8 shorter.
2. Tough to push the play field down, the hangers likely need adjusting. There is a grey foam block in the back wall of the game, does that come out or stay there?

This is by far the heaviest game I have ever moved. It makes twilight zone feel like a feather. I thought the hobbit and woz were heavy, this is a beast of a game.

#8996 4 years ago

Put mirror blades on last night, they are tight and will scratch, but They fit and look nice. getting hinge bolts out was a chore, the receiving bolt is flared at the end so had to pound it out with a punch. Hooked it to an external sub and installed the topper. Progress. On the topper I couldn’t get the factory screws to work so I used smaller and longer ones and secured them with a nut.

I’ll be working on installing some of my mods today and tomorrow. I’m very impressed overall with the game and I can see why it costs so much.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Basement? No problem.

I have an escalera, but it can’t use it to get it down because I have a landing with a 90 degree turn. I can get it up the stairs with the escalera no problem, but down I have to slide it on the carpeted stairs. Kinda sucks. This was the first and only game I had difficulty with, the turn going down was tough because the game is so heavy and hard to manipulate. I’m sore today.

Quoted from DrDQ:

Congrats Rob! You will love it.
Besides the foam block the back of the play field may get caught up on the wire bundle conduit plastic.
I did a temporary reinforcement of my basement stairs before we brought it in.

Thanks, I made sure to clear the bundle.

Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, my shin is still a bit sore from weeks ago from encountering this brute.
Did you remove the foam strips in the lock bar? I removed the two, gave me a bit more room.
My playfield was insanely tight with the hooks. I had to shift the receiver over to the far left to let it sink easier. Got some new hangers/hooks to try and see if those seat better. Definitely try adjusting the receiver. It might save you several hours of hair pulling out.

Thx. I didn’t remove the foam strips, thought it was preventing the glass from hitting the lock bar, but I may do that. There is no obstruction, like a staple, in the back glass channel, the glass is just a little long or the glass channel is a little short. I can see a slight difference compared to my dialed in. The glass is sitting a little further down where it says “install 4 balls”

#9057 4 years ago

Started modding my game a bit. Unplugged the stock translight led strip light and installed an RGB light and added some sidelights with a dimmer.

I wanted to put an RGB strip under the topper, but the topper connection couldn't handle it very well, lots of flickering. May just try a single red strip instead of the stock white.

Next up will be a trough light (thinking blue or green) chest light (gold) and gold backboard light with fading effects.

#9059 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You know the topper lighting does flicker intentionally from time to time right?

I know, but this was a bit more than I wanted, it was too distracting. I used the open 2 pin in the backbox and that works well.

Has anyone figured out why it flickers? DI does the same thing with the Betty spotlight.

#9097 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I hope to have my POTC LE within the next few weeks. All of these issues w/ the playfield have me second guessing my recent purchase.

Dont let it bother you, our playfields have had more time to cure and with JJP aware of the issue, I'm sure they will be fine. When I get home in a little while, I'll check my game, which I got from the factory last Friday.

The game is simply amazing, has me thinking why I own just about anything else other than a jjp pin.

#9102 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Really. I enjoy POTC and DI so much it has me thinking about giving Hobbit a shot.

Hobbit is very different. The playfield is wide open, but the code is so immersive, I love it. Killing smaug is one of the best things you can do in pinball, better than destroying the ring in lotr. I dont care for woz, beautiful game though.

#9137 4 years ago

A few more mods I installed in my game: red chest light, green trough light and gold backboard light.

MVIMG_20190514_095543 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190514_095543 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190514_095551 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190514_095551 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190514_095604 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190514_095604 (resized).jpg
#9149 4 years ago

Nice! I have a white trough light (not as bright as yours) and
I've considered the chest light, looks good. The backboard light
was installed on mine when I got it (I think it was white) and it
just lit up the backboard too much and made the starmap "square of
plastic" too prominent. I just got some RGB lighting in with a
dimmer/color selector that I might try back there, being able to
dial it down and choose a specific color. There isn't much to light
up there anyhow so I didn't feel to bad losing it.

The rgb might not work if you use spotlight connectors. Too much flickering will cause them to reset.

#9159 4 years ago

I've been testing with the extra 12v connectors in the backbox
or by the coin door. My WOZ had a lighting kit from
pinball-lights.com or something which took the 12v from the coin
door and stepped it down to 6v. I didn't see a need to do that with
additional spotlights (might as well stick to the 12v JJP used) and
I am only adding a small load to the other 12v circuits so I can't
imagine that would be a problem. At most, two strips of RGB (one
for chest and one for backboard).

Backbox is fine to use.

#9194 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You’ll likely have the washers installed from the factory.

I didnt, got my LE last week. Use the spacers under your plastics. The post with the screw did has a washer, the other two with nuts on them didn't.

I'm in the camp where this doesn't bother me much. If I had paint chipping, I would feel different, but waves in clear or some cracking doesnt bother me. My DI sim card hole had clear chipping, put on a cliffy and it's fine.

1 week later
#9405 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Random question but does the audit count on JJP games reset after every new software update install?

I think only on a full install, not sure if that can be backed up. LTG would know.

#9430 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

POTCLE delivered this morning at 7:30![quoted image]

Congrats! You will love it, but your back and arms won't.

#9599 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm in the same boat interested in the standard but wondering is there such difference in gameplay and features worth waiting for a LE to pop up. I read theres no RGB on the playfield or star field.
I really dont care about the star field but does the RGB make a difference? Does RGB playfield mean all those changing colors on the arrow indicators will be just white?

I think it does and that a very significant difference. Seeing everything all white would make it much more difficult to figure out what to shoot.

#9732 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm just order a SE hopefully it arrives sometime next week. Any must have mods people can recomend figuer I'll start buying them so I have them in hand by the time potc arrives

Some lighting enhancement mods from us...I'd guess a backboard light would be good on the SE since there is no star map.

https://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-mods

#9743 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the red, it is intended to represent Davey Jones Heart and seems to flicker to the Heart Beat. Not sure green would give same effect.

We have a mod to light the chest, you can’t really see the stock lights very well. It is not interactive, but can be set with different light modes with the supplied controller. We have it listed for red and gold, but we can do green or other colors like purple, blue and white (warm and cool). I’ll look at interactive, but it might be running directly into a board and I’m not a fan of having people plug things into the boards where they can cause problems.

1 week later
#10201 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's pretty clear that the demand is high enough that another run will happen, but likely not until next year. This is NOT official, just my supposition based on large unmet demand and what JJP will be busy with between now and early 2020.
There's an LE right now in the pinside classifieds for $1500 over retail if you must have it. Some SEs are still listed in the classifieds and on ebay, too.

How do you gauge large unmet demand? You think they could sell 200 units @$11500?

As you note there is an unsold LE +$1500 over retail and standards still available.

I’m voting they won’t remake it, and if they do, prices will be a lot higher.

#10206 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They'll sell many more LEs than 200 at $9500 on a new run. Talk to distributors. They get calls about it all day long with cash in hand orders they can't fill. That's unmet demand.

But what's the profit @9500?

I wonder if those people are interested only because it's not available, the rarity factor. Once you take that away, I'd wonder if that demand would still be there.

#10382 4 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

This is my first JJP game and I want to add an LED strip over the drain to light it a bit better. Bally/Williams were easy to clip alligators onto the GI. This system does not have exposed GI legs to clip to!! How to get around this????
Time

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-trough-light-kit

#10558 4 years ago

Lighted chest mod with beating/flashing action. This was a rough and dirty test, I need to fix a few things but it is a general idea of what it can do. Lots of options in terms of how fast and what pattern the beating/flashing is. I think this will work well for the coin mod and a beating heart mod for the inside chest top. Going to work on those soon.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pn2fVthxP7HrSsFq7

I’m not sure how you are connecting it, but we have something similar. Video shows gold, but we can do red or green (or blue, white, purple). We supply a controller that controls the speed of the light, can be lit solid or other modes other than what is shown in the video below.

#10561 4 years ago

Of course I knew someone would comment, I forgot to mention that it was just a quick test. I have it on a RGB dimmer controller which lets you dial in any color.

I'm using a manual RGB dimmer controller box, no remote (I just figure how often do you change it) with a flicker/beating controller attached to give like 20 options for a flash/beat mode to resemble heart, flickering light, etc. It's a RGB strip so you can dial in any color. I'm wiring up to the 12v spotlights, direct.. it's all 12v.
Looks like I'm doing some sort of chest topper that will be coins or a beating heart, so I'll add a single LED to the underside of the heart to give a beating view to that. Maybe the coins will be semi-transluscent to add a flickering light for "shine" ... working this out now.

Just fyi, RGB does not work well on the spotlights, it will constantly reset and look bad. Something in the circuitry causes flicker, which results in a reset for an RGB mod. It looks like that is what is happening in your video.

Love the coins!

1 week later
#10849 4 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Is anyone else not able to fit art blades on the inside of your cabinet. Kingpin is getting ready to ship my LE to me, but he was not able to install the Kraken blades. Apparently the right side of the playfield is too close to the inner wall and nothing will fit in between (there is more room on the left side, however).
Are there any amazing, magical solutions of somehow increasing the gap between the playfield and the side wall? I fear there is no solution and I'm just going to be unlucky with this mod, but I figure it's worth asking in here.
I'm super excited to be joining this club!!

I have mirror blades on mine, a little tight but not too bad.

#10854 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Lol I'll be more specific could we see a picture of mirror blades

MVIMG_20190622_175306 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175306 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175312 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175312 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175319 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175319 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175333 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190622_175333 (resized).jpg
#10989 4 years ago

I want to know how people are "early" to the game. I mean, Wonka mods were finalized before the game was even shipping. You can't produce detailed mods without measurements. So.... what gives?
Even if I bought a Wonka fresh off the line it would be like a month from now before I could even ship a mod.
Really not in the mod business, I just want these things and the only way I can really produce them is more than one at a time so might as well share. I don't think I'll sell any of about 1/2 the stuff I am making. My wife keeps asking if I am actually making money, lol.

We don’t sell mods until we’ve got a game too. This preselling before a game comes out I think isn’t good for the buyer. I know a mod I have coming out in collaboration with another pinsider for wonka is going to make some people feel like they should have waited, unfortunately.

Typically, I have started a mod thread for a specific game and then people can post mods in. I think it’s better this way as it doesn’t clutter up the owners thread and it becomes easier to find mods for a specific game. Maybe start a mod thread for POTC and then we can all post our mods in it. People not interested can just drain the thread. Also, if you sell mods on pinside, you really should open a pinside shop so Robin can get some revenue for the service/exposure the site provides. He charges 5% I think, very fair IMO.

1 week later
#11208 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Often when you take on a license you agree to assist the licensor in defending the license if an issue arises with a third party related to your use or implementation of the license. That may be what he's talking about, but I don't have any inside knowledge of his state of mind.

This is correct. Stern will enforce copyright infringement and this is what they will tell you.

I have the kraken. I don't particularly think this game lends itself to mirror blades.

Love the mirror blade look on my game.

1 week later
#11279 4 years ago

You aren't cool unless you're in the red led crew.
[quoted image]
Forgot to do video. It does a really subtle heartbeat. I am going to the sides and bottom now. I am not 100% on the red color, but I'm gonna add a controller so I can set the color. I might do addressable LEDs and make the center flames flicker.
[quoted image]
Really the only reason the fan is red because I wanted to replace that POS intel fan that makes a racket.
[quoted image]

White looks better on the sidelights, IMO. Not sure about red on the top, I prefer an rgb fade effect, it’s more subtle.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-translight-side-lights-kit

9856AA38-2D02-471D-B239-8878441C9245 (resized).jpeg9856AA38-2D02-471D-B239-8878441C9245 (resized).jpeg
#11357 4 years ago

Thought I'd show a new mod I've been working on..it's a lighted interactive skull. The skull lights when the center arrow at the bottom of the malestrom light comes on. It can easily be adapted to light off any insert in the game. It is utilizing the Rock Custom Pinball Game on technology. Took me just a few mins to install, plug and play. It will be up on our site shortly.

MVIMG_20190717_191916 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190717_191916 (resized).jpg
#11360 4 years ago

The Terminator!

Ehh, not quite, Terminator is silver.

Quoted from Schabs81:

My kraken would eat it.

That might look cool actually. it can be mounted anywhere over a pf screw.

#11362 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wish this had been announced just a bit sooner. Would have put it over the maelstrom switch to hide the black plastic. That’s where you should market it. Also if it was piratey looking with a white bleached skull and a pirate hat or bandana with beads with a missing tooth that would be awesome. Everyone loves a critic! Sorry! Awesome mod though.

I can do white too (and terminator silver for Harry), thought blacked blended in better. I’ll consider other mounting spots, it’s easily movable. Nice that it gives an interactive indicator for the ramp.

#11364 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It is nice. Good that you modders are still doing stuff for this pin. I thought you had all moved on to Wonka and Star Wars the Pin.
Appreciate your work in doing cool stuff for this amazing machine.

Thanks! I’ve started on mods for wonka, have an interactive spinning wonkavator coming soon.

#11409 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Played WOZ earlier and then played JJPOTC tonight. I think WOZ is great game ... but JJPOTC is in another league altogether. IMHO, all of the current top five games pale in comparison and I have owned a number of them. It is just so much fun. Very satisfying shots.

Potc is likely the best game ever made. If you look at the top pinside games, the only knock against the game is theme and integration with the actual movies. Personally it’s not an issue for me as once I play, I completely forget about it, but I could see why it may turn someone off. Rest is all 10s. For me, however, I find hobbit to be as much or more immersive.

#11468 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty sure I posted this a few times in the thread but one more time for funzies! lol For me, the clear rubber absorbs the light in the trough slightly illuminating a rather dark area of the playfield. Simple setup from Comet for only a few dollars. Shown with our custom wood plank gold coin flipper set.[quoted image]

That doesn’t cast a whole lot of light.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-trough-light-kit

9584DC91-4F1E-4424-B0BF-25184795C239 (resized).jpeg9584DC91-4F1E-4424-B0BF-25184795C239 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11646 4 years ago

There’s a few pics on our site showing green and white. Led pictures tend to exacerbate the effects, they aren’t washed out in person.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-trough-light-kit

Quoted from Breger1:

Does anyone have the trough lighting installed? I was thinking blue, but afraid it may drown out with the playfield art and will not notice much difference?

3 months later
#13122 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Why are there so few Jersey Jack POTC manufactured? Was it a poor title? Is there support issues with the game? Is the game stable no issues or are there consistent repairs needed?
What do you feel value for dollar JJP are quite a bit more $$$ than every other manufacture are they worth the extra coin?
I have been looking to purchase a Jersey Jack pinball but my local dealer has warned me to stay away he has had to many issues with the JJP pins and stopped stocking them please chime in and let me know if this is true or not.

What he said, find another dealer. Potc may be one of the best games ever made. You can’t find one because nobody wants sell. It’s a complicated game, but repairs are not much different than any other game.

2 weeks later
#13278 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

There’s a huge difference between JJP and Spooky. Go check out the R&M thread; the lead designer, lead coder, and a few others (including the owner) have all been participating in the conversation about the pin. When was the last time Jack or anyone from JJP got involved in a forum thread? It’s that kind of transparency that helped sell out R&M in four hours, not the fact that it was limited to 750 units. Also, R&M is a very current and relevant IP, so it appeals to a younger generation, as opposed to the majority of current IP themes (Munsters, WW, JP, etc.). Obviously a pinball theme is not what makes it great, but it can generate excitement. Will be interesting to see how Stranger Things does, at least it’s semi-recent. Anyway, I love my POTC and it will never leave my collection. Hoping the same for my R&M!

JJP pretty much abandoned posting on pinside because it was rarely a positive environment, don’t blame them at all. Constant attacks. Jack used to post fairly frequently as did others. Stern doesn’t post at all, that I’m aware of. Every once in a while Keith will post and Ltg is always here for help.

1 week later
#13342 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

It appears Jack/JJP don't post anywhere these days, including their own Google group.

Yep, very true. Not even a holiday message on the google forum.

1 month later
#14025 4 years ago

very original

Doing some work on a JJP ecosystem lighting kit. It's an overall system that provides control and power to any number of lighting elements you can install across various JJP games. I have 5 different options for POTC right now. Two of those have interactive game lighting elements that I think will be a great addition to gameplay. The release version will have individual RGB controls for all lighting elements where it makes sense to set colors. Control will be via remote (provided), phone app, wifi or home assistant (alexa, etc) for individual elements. You can set color, change brightness, turn each light element on or off. All lighting elements are directed/specific to an area/game. All pieces of the system are plug and play, clean installs.
Here's the first set of POTC items. Not pictured it the backboard lighting, I have it on my WOZ but not putting it on POTC as I don't need it but it is available if people want it. Maybe I'll try a nice wash in a dark/dim color and see how that looks.
Working on the other 3 right now, some interact with other elements we will be releasing soon so those will have to coincide. I'm also working on a generic option for custom RGB controlled LED strips for any part of the game you want to add to.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 months later
#14842 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm no longer in the club since I sold my game (still a fan of it!) but just heard on Kaneda's latest show that JJP let Butch Peel go?! That doesn't seem to make any sense. Butch seemed like a huge asset to JJP and helped to create the best pinball manuals in the business. He also went above and beyond all the time with tech support. I remember meeting Butch at a Michigan Pinball Expo held maybe 6 years back and he was extremely nice and knowledgeable.

This is hugely disappointing to hear. Butch is one of the nicest guys in pinball. I have no idea about the circumstances, but the guy did amazing work on the manuals and was always willing to help. My wife and I really enjoyed seeing and speaking with him at shows, one of the highlights for us. I was speaking with him just a few weeks ago on a wonka issue. There have been a few departures of good people lately from jjp that are a bit disappointing, including their parts person Shannon and tech guy Frank. People move on all the time so I hope these people left for greener pastures on good terms and there are no internal issues going on, but sounds like that wasn’t the case for Butch. If I were another pinball company, I’d hire him in a second!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.