(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustLikeMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6352 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me the width of the game with the backbox removed? Similarly, can anyone tell me the height of the cabinet with the backbox removed? Trying to work out if I can get one in - I have to remove the heads of every game but never tried to get a wide body in before!

#6558 5 years ago

Thanks so much for this - just ordered an LE and it's incredibly useful to have the most common issues and fixes in one document. Really appreciate you taking the time to put this together!

On another note - I think based upon stories I've heard re the clearcoat chipping on DI I'm going to go for the full set of cliffies. Does anyone have a recommendation re where to order, preferably in Europe?

1 month later
#8474 4 years ago

Unboxed my POTC LE #610 this evening, build date 11/2/18. Unfortunately I had to get it delivered to my friends place as the box won’t fit through my front door, but I’ll be moving it here next week. We noticed a few small issues, so if anyone could point me in the directions of fixes I’d really appreciate it.

1. Shots to The Devils Triangle don’t seem to register.

2. The gate to access the cannon shot on the Pearl doesnt open properly, although we managed to get it in once.

3. 90% of the shots to the Maelstrom ramp end up in the bowl even if the multiball isn’t lit.

4. With the lockbar fully secured, the action button is closed. We had to play with the lockbar slightly loose for the action button to register.

Other than that and a loud disc - definitely going to order the disc silencer kit from the mod couple - I seem to have got lucky with no major issues.

Didn’t have a chance to update the software but did change tilts per game to tilts per ball, slightly increased the lower flipper coil strengths, and turned on the ball save. Other than that with factory settings this was my best score after a few games

C9395538-2F72-4578-8950-D2282AA83865 (resized).jpegC9395538-2F72-4578-8950-D2282AA83865 (resized).jpeg

Can’t wait to get it home and really learn the rules.

#8477 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The spinner doesn't register, or landing the Devil's Triangle shot to kick off the multiball and such? The switch is way the hell up there and it takes a good hard hit.

Nothing seems to register at all, and we hit it up there with some force a couple of times. No spinner, no progress towards multiball. I was thinking that the switch attached to the spinner is at fault, but found it odd that the upper switch didn’t seem to register either.

Quoted from zaphX:

Sometimes the cannon shot gate is closed until you hit a switch on the Pearl. It may be working correctly, but confirm by manually hitting switches with the glass off.

I’m pretty sure we hit other switches on the Pearl first, but I’ll pay more attention / try manually next time, thanks.

Quoted from zaphX:

Huh. Side to side leveling off?

I don’t think so, the game seems to play fine with no tilt to the left. It’s almost like the ball catchers the diverter slightly, even when it’s raised.

Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe the button plunger is getting stuck between the leaf switch and the cabinet assembly? LTG recommends a blob of hot glue on the end to give it a bigger "footprint" if this is the case.

It’s looks more that the switch is slightly too close to the button, so that when the lockbar is secured it’s just close enough that it closes the switch. May try loosening the lockbar assembly but I prefer it to be a tight fit.

Quoted from zaphX:

Holy crap. Great score!!!

Thanks, not sure exactly how the scoring works but can’t wait to start figuring it out!

#8522 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Good lord man. That is a stupid good score!

Quoted from harryhoudini:

Glad someone said it.. "Hey guys, my game is not scoring a bunch of the shots, some stuff doesn't work and I just set it up but I laid down a monster score" ... I'm gonna go take a bath with my toaster.

Quoted from anathematize:

I was going to mention that but even in that case its a pretty amazing score for 'not knowing the rules and things not working 100%'
GG. Time for me to hang it up. LOL.

Quoted from joseph5185:

So... if I turn on ball saves I can score 10M?
Holy F that's a HIGH score!
And you didn't know the rules...that doesn't even make sense..
Is this real!??

Haha ok I wasn’t expecting this sort of response! This is my first JJP machine and I’ve only played a few games on location before last night. I know that JJP machines tend to score lower than Sterns so I didn’t really know if this was a good score or not. Guess I have my answer!

When I say I don’t know the rules, I know some of the basics - ie how to start the chest multiball, that I have to hit all of the major shots to light the multiball on the left ramp, that loops from the upper flipper lead to another multiball etc. I just don’t know the intracacies of the scoring and rules. I’m not sure how I got this score but I had a couple of multiballs with a good playfield multiplier and arr frenzy running at the same time on one ball, tortuga on another ball... no idea what else was going on to be honest!

But to answer one question, yes this is a real score, three ball game, glass on, although from what everyone is saying I doubt I’ll ever beat it. Do high scores carry over when the software is updated on JJP machines?

#8740 4 years ago

On a totally different note, what pitch does everyone have their game at?

#8747 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Any "tips" to help level? This is a very heavy pin and I may just need more people. I'm at about 6.2, but been working to get it to 6.5. I think 6.5 is pretty much the universal accepted standard.

Isn’t the game designed so that if all the levellers are all the way in, it’s naturally at 6.5?

10 months later
#14657 4 years ago

Can anyone point me in the direction of the open/close chest mod? Not sure who sells them...

1 year later
#17287 2 years ago

Installed the beta this morning. Really impressed by the changes I've noticed so far, and looking forward to getting some more time on it later.

Can anyone remind me what the recommended coil strength was for the VUK to the ship? I adjusted it down due to reports of the optos being damaged, and I can't remember what it was before the beta install reset all my settings.

#17290 2 years ago

Thanks guys, appreciate it - I'll try a few settings between 18 and 25 and stick with the lowest that consistently works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustLikeMe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=JustLikeMe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.