(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GrandFireball1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1119 5 years ago

Anyone have an easy solution to the ball getting stuck here at the top of the right ramp?

22254162-8929-487B-AC25-D160A9C3EB08 (resized).jpeg22254162-8929-487B-AC25-D160A9C3EB08 (resized).jpeg
#1135 5 years ago

Has anyone had trouble making the chest lock shot? My game is slightly steeper than factory pitch, but only very rarely will the ball make it into the chest lock. The flipper power is higher on both (Left-24, Right-30) but the lock is still super hard. Is there a physical adjustment to the forks that doesn’t require taking the whole thing apart?

Another issue I am having is the Bonus animations are gone. It happened in the middle of a game last night where during the bonus, the screen background was dark and it just had the text of my bonus. I tried again this morning after leaving it off, and same thing, no animations in bonus. Is this some sort of bug?

#1162 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yes, mine seems to almost always flash. Not sure what that is about.

A red insert means that you have collected one of the pieces for At World’s End multiball. The blue light indicates that the shot will advance On Stranger Tides multiball. So in the case of the inner loop, if you have already shot it once to make it red, it will alternate between blue and red as it should.

A faint red light indicates partial progres on collecting that shot for At world’s end (So after the first multiball).

Everything is color coordinated to match the movies. Alternate color blinking isn’t something special, it just means 2 things going on at once. Hope this helps!

#1170 5 years ago

Hogbog

Found a bug with Elizabeth. The photo below shows that no chapters are qualified even though her power is 3 chapters always lit. This occurred right after my first chapter was played.

54C36882-D1F7-44E8-B91E-72656067A40A (resized).jpeg54C36882-D1F7-44E8-B91E-72656067A40A (resized).jpeg
#1182 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

That makes sense. But why only that shot? The purple shot doesnt blink in a similar manner? I must be missing something.

The only shots that should blink blue/red like that are the inner loop, right orbit, and chest lane since they all feed to the upper left flipper to combo into the inner loop, which is how you advance On Stranger Tides. The purple shot is the left spinner and that light is only on to indicate a jackpot or the super jackpot. When not in a multiball, that insert is either red (to indicate At World’s End progress) or just off.

3 months later
#6163 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Deadpool's callouts are high pitched, not funny, and really just annoying. I'm honestly shocked IM didn't win callouts. Both the Demon and the Sorceress on that game are amazing to hear.

DP:
“Now say, Deadpool is the greatest.”
- “No.”

Literally every dang time I play that mode

#6164 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Deadpool's callouts are high pitched, not funny, and really just annoying. I'm honestly shocked IM didn't win callouts. Both the Demon and the Sorceress on that game are amazing to hear.

DP:
“Now say, Deadpool is the greatest.”
- “No.”
Literally every dang time I play that mode.

Meanwhile Gibbs has 10 different ways of saying GOLD!

1 week later
#6881 5 years ago

Anyone having an issue where the 2x standup is registering the left ramp exit switch? It’s weird because switch test shows everything working fine, but during the game, if I have a shot lit on the ramp, the 2x target will just give it to me. And no, it’s not when I have the characters that spot shots when you hit a target.

1 month later
#8624 4 years ago

New code release notes?

#8638 4 years ago

Will any more changes be made to what the characters do?

#8645 4 years ago

I’m assuming Break the Curse will be in 1.00?

#8661 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Been outta the JJP loop for a bit, Will they be making more LE`s?

Not for a while

4 weeks later
#10148 4 years ago

The other big change in 1.0 will run all the extra character benefits, which will open up a lot of new strategies. Can’t wait.

1 week later
#10531 4 years ago

Hey iepinball any idea when the INDISC finals will be uploaded to YouTube? It would be interesting to watch how some of the top players play POTC in a tournament.

Killer score btw!!

2 weeks later
#11087 4 years ago

Can’t wait for 1.0 to be released. Will be a great way to polish an already A game.

#11089 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Flipnoutpinball had a Wonka live stream last night where they interviewed Jack. Someone from JJP was in chat, JJPLive. I asked if there is any news about POTC 1.x code, JJP replied back with "stay tuned"!

Wow, nice. Sounds like it’s just around the corner.

#11199 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So I played this game today and I was overwhelmed with the total package. I had no idea what I was doing but enjoyed the shots and the beauty of the game. Would consider buying one and have not considered buying one mainly due to it not being a mass produced pinball. But what a great game, levels above anything I have ever played.

This is how we all feel

2 weeks later
#11423 4 years ago

Any word on the new code? JJP just posted new code for Wonka and Dialed In, but nothing yet for Pirates...

1 week later
#11660 4 years ago

Anyone at ReplayFX get a chance to talk to Keefer? Maybe he’d say when to expect the new code.

2 weeks later
#11862 4 years ago

#wheresthecode

It’s a race between GB and POTC now. At least this game has way more to do than GB, but cmon, it’s been nearly 2 years since release and still not fully complete

#11864 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Maybe its taking so long because they are reworking the impossible fountain of youth super jackpot and adding an optional ball save on chapter select.

I’m sure they’re fixing those things... but they are also adding a ton. They keep pushing updates out for DI, Wonka, and even WOZ got another update. Where’s the POTC love at?

#11936 4 years ago

I think the main reason code is delayed us because not only is Keith the lead programmer on the game, he looks out for the whole software team. That means a decent amount of his time is working with Joe to fix Wonka bugs, since that is their main production game currently. Not to mention working with Eric on game #6 which is supposed to be released in December. My best guess is we will see 1.x around Expo time

2 months later
#12823 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I found one for sale in Europe, CE NIB... works out at $16.2k delivered... seems a bit pricy to me... but it IS a CE NIB!! Any idea how many CEs were made?

1 month later
#13332 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Ok iv just played for another hour or so, there are 12 items ( 6 on each side, top left and top right ) I have noticed iv collected a few of these. But how ?

combos

#13333 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Ok well how do you get the lights to come on over the 5 multiball lights near the flippers, are they nothing to do with collecting characters?

The big inserts are for playing a multiball. The little inserts are for playing all 5 chapters of that movie

#13334 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

It does keep track of your souls, but it doesn't show that to the player except during liars dice and maybe high scores. Souls are characters collected. Maybe next update they'll include it in the screen

You can see them in status report.

2 months later
#14576 4 years ago

any word on new code...?

2 weeks later
#14768 4 years ago

Hey did anyone ever figure out how to get the secret 23rd character or was that just a joke?

#14775 4 years ago

Oooh nice, even more excited for the next update. The other thing I hope they add is a point bonus for sinking a ship and you build that with the spinners on the ship. Could add a nice risk/reward factor and the player could delay the start of their multiball to try and get a huge sink ship collect

2 weeks later
#14873 3 years ago

Regarding the secret 23rd character...

Not sure if this is it (probably not) but sometimes when you choose Tia Dalma the game states that you’ve chosen “Calypso” who is the sea goddess in At World’s End and is the same character as Tia Dalma. Just a thought...

3 months later
#15403 3 years ago

Went through the settings and saw one of them that caught my eye: “first multiball with spyglass” under black pearl multiball. Default is 2, but I’ve never noticed the spyglass feature when qualifying that multiball...

Any ideas on what this is?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GrandFireball1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=GrandFireball1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.