(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Furio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2202 5 years ago

I just got my game setup after a painful journey up a double flight of stairs with a U turn landing. I had some sort of impact during shipping with a hole in the box and damage to the lower back of the head unit, that’s being handled via insurance. Let me list the current issues with the game as it sits and hopefully get some advise on quick fix issues. For reference, I bought two machines for Christmas. JJ THLE and JJ POTCCE. THLE was from a local seller and I had a pinball guy check I out prior to delivery and it works great. The POTC has these issues

1. center button: if the bar lock is applied fully to the right the button locks down as well. The button didn’t reach the switch at all and I had read on here that the screw will fix the length that the switch works from and that seems to work. However the lock still cannot be fully engaged without preventing function of this button.

2. The shooter rod cannot launch the ball at all. I have to slap the back of the launcher quite hard to get the ball to launch. Might be an issue with level. I need to get a better digital measurement. My phone app isn’t good and my analog dial isn’t accurate to more than 2 degrees.

3. Test game launches the ball into the pearl and the ball can not leave the ship through the drain out due to the ship being set lower than the exit ramp. It’s almost a 1/4 in drop. The ship rocks during game play but it seems less than videos I have seen. I have looked around with a flash light and seen no more packing material or loose materials that may have caused an issue.

4. 27in monitor is clearly shifted and not seated properly. Main set of keys didn’t work to open the top. I think the are on the inside of the door but didn’t see them due to family commitments them this evening.

5. What’s an easy to find or best way to measure 6.5 degrees on a Playfield. Best was to measure level across left to right on a Playfield ? What’s the best spot to hit the level bubble at on the side( I recall bubble at the start of the second line?)

Thank you in advance!

I am super glad I have read all of the posts here with details about your issues. I will be reading them all again looking for possible solutions to my issues. I had not planned to set these games up on my own as I am a newbie and had hired a pinball mover to handle all of the setup and stair movement. However he dropped the game off in my foyer and ghosted without a word. Left me in a huge lurch trying to find people to assist me with moving two 350lb games up stairs on zero notice while the family was out. Damn near ruined Christmas. Got a text a bit later saying family emergency and that I would never get the games up my stairs, it was impossible which is what I really think was the issue. It made for a very rough day, but Christmas was saved at the cost of my back. I’m not a stressed out type but today I hit panic mode.

3 weeks later
#2890 5 years ago

So this isn’t a huge deal and has zero effect on gameplay but it does add some fun flair to the game for scoring purposes. We grabbed some Halloween pirate garb and stored it by the game for high score photos. Variety of hats, bandanas, weapons, and an eye patch. Be aware that if you obscure your face too much the game will take a pic of you from before you put anything on. It doesn’t like hands either most times. We really liked the idea of the wanted posters having some personalized flair.

84F823C7-6BE4-45E9-A15E-229F5DDED508 (resized).jpeg84F823C7-6BE4-45E9-A15E-229F5DDED508 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#9737 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Would a CE topper work on a LE, meaning would it move like on a CE? Possibly a CE owner is not interested and might sell his topper.

At some point in the prior 10k posts there was a comment that it was not compatible due to coding differences on the LE. I am sure it could be rigged to work on a separate circuit but it would not have controls coded to function with the LE for varied speeds as the CE does. Honestly though I would doubt any of the 200 CE holders would sell as it is an iconic part of the upgrade to CE. You would need to wait for one to be scrapped to harvest the parts. I personally would not sell mine. So there are 199 left to get lucky on!

Really, a mod maker could make something on par and the market for it would be pretty well open for folks. However, the LE does have a pretty nice topper included so you would be aiming for those SE on location that rarely upgrade anyways. So maybe it’s not a large enough market...

#9738 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm just order a SE hopefully it arrives sometime next week. Any must have mods people can recomend figuer I'll start buying them so I have them in hand by the time potc arrives

Modcouple barrel topper, monkey, silencer, and maelstrom mods are great.

Also elsewhere in these threads are a pistol handle launcher and barrel section that goes under the glass. The whole deal is pricy but the quality of product is insane. Feels like a real pistol. I got one for my CE and it looks amazing. The launcher feel takes a handful of games to get used to as well as you don’t really pull the launcher the same as you would a pistol. I’ll post a pic later with it. You also need to replace the launcher spring with a more robust spring to account for the weight of the new launcher.

10 months later
#14754 4 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the pop bumper Davy Jones crafting directions? I know I saw them some time ago but I can’t seeM to find the posting. I know someone sells completed versions now but I had already bought a figure I wanted to use and give it a shot. I am going to use a Jack figure from Neca series one with a jacket if anyone has seen those directions out there. Ty

#14781 4 years ago

Thank you! I knew there was a good how to out there but couldn’t recall which thread or how long ago. Combing through 20-30k posts wasn’t going to be a good time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Furio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=Furio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.