(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3158 5 years ago

Joining the crew soon...

I ordered Cliffys & Jack figure to replace Tom. Going to look at mods next. Spinning disk sound dampener is high on the list unless they are coming out of the factory better now? Anyone have a recent build that can say if it's still really loud?

1 week later
#3342 5 years ago

I love the part where it says Pirates was released in October 2017.

Screenshot_20190204-094813_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190204-094813_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3548 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Yes, after distributors orders ate fulfilled production will be put on hold. Another woz run, and then onto game 5. At this time we are not being when or if another pirates run will happen. It has nothing to do with rights though.
Call your favorite distributor to get one.
Personally I have the following left (still to be built)
3 standard
2 limited
2 collectors

Why such a short run? WOZ running for years POTC for a few months?

1 week later
#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks! I have some intermittent autoplunge failures myself. I will check this out tonight and will add to the potcfixes page.

I think my buddy had some plunger issues that were fixed with an extra washer somewhere.

Curious what peoples thoughts are on SE vs LE?

#4283 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

We have arrived.[quoted image]

I'm hoping to be there later today. If not Monday

#4520 5 years ago

Number 167 in the house! Quick question as I set it up. How high do you guys have your back legs jacked up? I know Stern is almost flat anymore and I look at Wizard of Oz that I have and it's pretty high

20190225_184424 (resized).jpg20190225_184424 (resized).jpg
#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Awesome! Here is it’s brother #165 in Sydney/Australia! [quoted image]

LOL.. 169 was the other choice I had.. talk about separated at birth

#4593 5 years ago

Got a few games on mine tonight. Action button not giving me any issues but the shooter is. It does not look aligned properly. Whether I manual plunge or Auto plunge it doesn't make it all the way around the loop. I assume the whole assembly needs to be moved over? It looks a little too far to the left. Any input would be appreciated. Would have thought they would have worked that out by now.

20190226_195659 (resized).jpg20190226_195659 (resized).jpg
#4615 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That can happen in shipping. Doesn’t mean it’s something to work out.

Sounds like it's a common problem like it's been suggested I may need a washer there. I did pick it up directly from the factory so there was no real shipping

#4789 5 years ago

Any info on when the next code update is getting released?

#4868 5 years ago

Playing tonight and noticed a couple of issues. When I lock ball two in the chest it still says it's only ball one.
Also having ball release issues. It goes into a ball search but does not release long enough to allow the ball to go out. Goes into a ball search and then game over.
I've also had game over after ball 2 is locked. Having a bunch of people over tomorrow night would appreciate any tips

#4872 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Increase chest release fire time in coil settings. Make sure trip plate is adjusted closely enough to magnetic tip on release coil to allow it to be pulled open enough to allow balls to drop out.

I increased the chest time to maximum of five. Still not exiting out of the chest properly. I'm using stock balls. Going to check the switch Matrix now

#4873 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are you using chrome or carbon core pinballs? If chrome balls could be magnetized and may be sticking together in chest.

I think the balls are magnetized. Don't know why that would happen with stock balls

#4876 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Its possible, not as likely as with others, but still possible. That would explain some of the strangeness.

I switched them out with new balls. It was definitely magnetized because when I rolled one over in the chest the other one would follow with it.. good for now.. Thanks guys!

#4878 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

One more thing to check.
I had a replacement chest sent to me (original one broke). When I got this one, I found the coil the activates the chest release arm, was not properly seated. This caused that arm to not open enough. Pretty easy fix. Just loosen the phillips screw that hold the coil to the plate, adjust the coil so it sits flush, re-tighten.
I couldn't help but shake my head....

Thanks for the advice! I will look at that closer if the new balls don't fix the problem.

#4886 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

It could be that the whole release assembly is out of alignment.
When working on the target ship you can easily touch the chest release arm and get it out of alignment by mistake.
Grab that little black arm and push a tad down on it.
Now shoot a ball into chest. If the ball stops bend a tad more. Rinse/repeat.
Once the ball slips through with arm in the locked position you went a bit too far. Bend back to the last good position and you now have the lock assembly in the most aggressive alignment possible, should now work on regular release times like a dream.
If ball 2 and 3 being added to the stack or very fast balls entering the chest cause a ball to slip through raise the arm a tad, as well.
Fininkey but achievable.
And next time you work on the target ship be carefull not to touch the chest lock arm....it doesn't take much as the assembly is necessarily flimsy.

Thanks! For now new balls seem to have solved the problem. As soon as I changed them the release worked correctly.

#5028 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

So to confirm, the stock balls were the problem?

Seems to be. Not sure if all of them were magnetizing or not but I swapped them out and had a bunch of people over on Saturday night and had no issues at all

#5127 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Sidebar question: why is production stopping so soon? How many of these games were/will be made, anyway?

Short answer /speculation /guess from reading this thread is that the license is up and it doesn't pay to renew when you have all the other licenses on the clock. May revisit down the line but there's three heavily anticipated titles in the pipeline so who knows when it will be rerun.

Also bottom line seems to be high on this game and they can make more money producing something else.

WOZ seems to be more licensor friendly

#5185 5 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

My only two current issues are:
The chest is having issues releasing the balls. I wanna say switch error 48? It will release balls but only after multiple attempts. First 10-15 games this was a non issue but now it is. Any suggestions?
The other issue is very minor but still... Looks like my plunger rubber tip fell off. First 25 games or so it was fine but noticed a loud clicking sound when I plunged the ball after that and that's when I discovered it
broke off. Should I glue it back on or is it better to have JJP send me a new one? Thanks all

Take the glass off and see if two balls have magnetized. Slowly roll them and see if they stick together with the glass off. That's what happened with mine. I had to replace the balls. Someone else had said their game wasn't level correctly so the balls weren't rolling correctly.

Plunger tip is an easy fix you can get those anywhere

#5424 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Listened to the latest Kaneda podcast and left wondering why he continues to ridicule those on this thread who love their POTC. He just cannot let this go as he cherry picks information from the thread and emails he gets to his show in an attempt to prove his point. (Notice that none of the emails supporting POTC are being read.) This is more than having a different opinion. He seems to be obsessed with the need to be right on an issue that is purely subjective. In his efforts, he fails to see the fallacies, contradictions, and hypocrisy in his own argument. (By the way, he remind us that he still has that Patreon account that he said he would no longer discuss on air.) I guess this is how his podcasts usually run and I know, stop listening. So I will end my rant and spend more time with podcasts like Slap Save and Special When Lit.

If memory serves, one of the biggest reasons he got kicked off of Pinside was that he couldn't stop bashing the Hobbit. Starting threads, going in owners threads, every chance he got, even with multiple warnings. Just couldn't let it go. Makes you wonder what problem he has with JJP games.

#5659 5 years ago

The game has been on the line since September? October? Maybe all 1000 LE's are made already?

1 week later
#6092 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

hogbog Could you please chime in regarding the posts and the dimensions of the washer underneath?
And would it affect gameplay to switch to star posts? (i know the aestetics would defiantly change.)

He was at the Texas show all weekend so you may not get an answer right away. Cool guy, showing us a lot of stuff on the game and even jumped in with us to play

#6446 5 years ago

Sometimes if the game isn't level the playfield can be tough to put back in

#6598 5 years ago

Any idea where this might have come from? Found it near the P in Pirates

20190402_193446 (resized).jpg20190402_193446 (resized).jpg
#6600 5 years ago

Side note, I found loosening this screw seemed to help the ball plunge go all the way around like it's supposed to

20190402_194111 (resized).jpg20190402_194111 (resized).jpg
#6863 5 years ago

Pulled off the slingshot posts and even though it had the plastic washer at the bottom it still looks like it sunk right into the clear. Putting star post on now.

Also had to bend back my 2x Target it was all the way jammed against the metal bracket for the Maelstrom ramp and had to tighten up the bracket there.

20190404_192924 (resized).jpg20190404_192924 (resized).jpg20190404_193417 (resized).jpg20190404_193417 (resized).jpg20190404_193941 (resized).jpg20190404_193941 (resized).jpg20190404_194323 (resized).jpg20190404_194323 (resized).jpg
#6866 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

What is your build date?
I have a POTC LE on order....JJP is supposedly waiting on parts, so, there's a delay. Maybe the delay will allow my playfield clear-coat to cure a bit. Hoping to not have this issue, but I already have clear star posts in hand, just in case.

Fairly recent build date I want to say March.

Would love an opinion on these star post before I leave them on long-term

#6964 5 years ago

Installed my Cliffys today. Thanks to all those who posted advise and pictures on how to do it. One thing I would add is when reinstalling the ship it was a real pain until I just took off the Black Pearl ramp. It's literally three screws and made it that much easier.

#6965 5 years ago

Installed my Cliffys today. Thanks to all those who posted advise and pictures on how to do it. One thing I would add is when reinstalling the ship it was a real pain until I just took off the Black Pearl ramp. It's literally three screws and made it that much easier.
I would even say they do that first. It probably would make removal easier also

#6968 5 years ago

Installing the Cliffy's around the tortuga hole. Underneath the bracket and the post looks like this. Almost like they cleared the play field with that stuff on it? Much like the slingshots were

20190406_103342 (resized).jpg20190406_103342 (resized).jpg
#6994 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Congratulations! The Buffalo Pinball stream the other night recommended that as well, loosening the ramp.
Was Tortuga Tom fairly easy? Thankfully the Depths seems to snap in. Mine arrives Monday!
Did you have any chipping damage yet when you got in there and looked about?

Tortuga Tom Cliffy wasn't bad. I found a post here that made it easier. Basically you take him off, I found taking the 2 screws off the top gives top easy access to the plate underneath where you need a really small hex key (You can go straight to the hex key if you wanted to also). 2 screws holding in the motor (watch the 2 plastic spacers under the screws, nothing holding them in) then you can move the motor and get to the 2 screws holding the bumper skirt in. Just loosen them enough so you can get to the 2 screws on the scoop stop.

Didn't find any chipping. It did look like the clear was surrounding the posts that I took off though.

#6995 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I guess it's just surrounded with mylar?

If you look at my picture above, there are 3 shades around the scoop, mylar, clear coat and what looks like bare playfield under where the screws were. Looked the same when I took the slingshot posts off. I don't really worry about clearcoat that's under stuff. I just find it strange.

#7273 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I disagree slightly. Maybe not “50”, but this thread will still be on fire.
This is an amazing game and we actually own it NOW.

Great games still going strong. Just look at the Metallica thread.

On another note I'm not usually a watching pinball streaming guy but I did watch the whole Buffalo tutorial which was very informative. It wasn't just guys playing pinball and explaining, they went through the whole game for the most part while it was in attract mode. Definitely worth the watch.

#7323 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

How can the difference be that drastic?
You're saying a handful of games whereas someone who owns damn near a dozen machines claims that in approximately 500 games there are no issues.
Something simply seems amiss with this.

Maybe he's not starting a lot of chapters. I think the ball bouncing around up by the magnets a lot causes it

#7379 5 years ago

What's your favorite character? I choose Pintel a lot. I think spotting multiple Pirate lanes advances the good stuff quicker. Buffalo pinball tutorial gave me a better appreciation for Will Turner with the multipliers.

#7580 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Don't know if anyone caught it but Jack confirmed on Kaneda's podcast that they made at least 1000 POTC total.

I've been told they have about 130 limited editions left to make. The LE was only supposed to be 1,000. I think it's a matter of they just sold everything that they expected to sell. I can see them making standards on their secondary line but unless they come out with another limited edition (always possible with JJP) I think that's it.
If I'm not mistaken the Wonka limited edition number is 4000. Probably a lesson learned from Pirates

#7872 5 years ago

I was at the factory on Friday and both lines were running WOZ YBR. They were in the process of taking down all of the Pirates storyboards or whatever they call them.

I talked to one of the people there who told me they'll eventually be running the small line with Pirates while Wonka goes on the main line. I assume it will be the LE's people are waiting for. They didn't say, and I didn't ask if standards were going to be running after that or how long they were going to run them on that line.
All the boxes I saw were Yellow Brick Road I did not see any Pirates around.

They did have a Wonka in their showroom then I got to put a couple of games on. Cool game..

11 months later
#14594 4 years ago

I miss this game! Anybody in the Northeast looking to make a trade? I have a bunch of games I can offer

7 months later
#15961 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

If you flipper is up that high at rest, then loosen this nut and align it back down, then retighten this nut. Don't back it out all of the way, just enough so you can move the flipper bat without having to wrench too hard. [quoted image]

This^^^^

1 week later
#16004 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

The actuated chest mod arrived today and got it installed. What an amazing upgrade! I asked earlier, and for anyone else wondering the latest version is quite a bit better engineered than the version in the how to videos. Nice work harryhoudini.

How long/hard is the chest mod to do?

1 week later
#16076 3 years ago

Now you need a mod where that switch went..

1 month later
#16165 3 years ago

Got the open and close Chest mod for Christmas. How easy is that to install?

#16172 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Dive in - you'll be glad you did! Mine took a bit of time to hook up and adjust (had to trim the shaft) just right, but works perfectly and is VERY cool! The installation videos on YouTube were a bit confusing as they each only covered a portion and the product evolved since the original ones were made, but Scott at Pinball Mod Co. is very helpful if needed.

How long should it take and is there a "Best" video or instructions to follow? I should have the latest version as it was just bought.

#16177 3 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Clear your schedule for a day (no really). Takes time to get it right. There's a lot of information in this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-treasure-chest-open-and-close
You tube videos are helpful but the above thread also helped me to get mine right. It's totally worth it!

Thank you! I don't want to start it and not be able to finish & play it..

#16182 3 years ago

I didn't get to go to the open and close Chest mod yet. Got distracted and ended shopping the whole machine.

I did get to put this guy on though

20210101_182143 (resized).jpg20210101_182143 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#16251 3 years ago

Just got my dauntless railing from the Mod couple. Does this look right? Doesn't seem to line up correctly

20210128_192251 (resized).jpg20210128_192251 (resized).jpg20210128_192258 (resized).jpg20210128_192258 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#16324 3 years ago
Quoted from tourney9000:

2. Any ideas on where the ball could be hidden out of sight?

Thanks

Upkicker subway under the ship? maybe something is blocking it from reaching the switch to kick it to the upper playfield?

3 weeks later
#16528 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I see there are quite a few sizes for Jack Sparrow action figures... what size are people liking to replace Tortuga Tom?

NECA Series 1 Jack Sparrow works well

#16551 3 years ago

I have an LE in the marketplace with some good mods. Listed at 20 but would do 17.5 firm

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is a jersey Jack Pirates of the Caribbean limited edition pinball machine. Asking price is in line with recent sales of this title. Game has been in my collection for...”
2021-03-12
Lehigh Valley, PA
18,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 1654 times
Contributed to Pinside

2 months later
#16878 2 years ago

Has anyone integrated this skull with the pirates topper? I would think it would look cool

20210604_172650 (resized).jpg20210604_172650 (resized).jpg
#16885 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

That looks amazing! Where did you guys purchase them from?

I got mine with a Stern pirates a couple of years ago

2 months later
#17008 2 years ago

I wouldn't mind having an extra ramp if anybody has one they would part with

1 month later
#17090 2 years ago

I would love an extra set of ramps to hoard if anyone had a set they would be willing to sell..

4 months later
#17386 2 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I can still see very clearly where the plunger is hitting the auto return so I definitely need to take it apart and see if I can't adjust it some

I just delivered a GNR that had the plunger hitting the auto launch. JJP told guy to bend the auto launch

Now they are supposedly sending him a new auto launch

#17395 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The most likely solution is to loosen or remove the manual plunger housing/plate, slide it to the position you need it, and tighten it back down. There is usually a little room for adjustment with how it's mounted in the cabinet.

That didn't work in my case

1 month later
1 month later
#17578 2 years ago

If anyone wants out of their spot, let me know

2 months later
10 months later
#18360 12 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I'm having an issue with the autoplunge ... it seems to be hitting the wireforms above (specifically the left one). Please see the video below.
https://imgur.com/FTsLZIg
If I manually plunge it's fine ... even if I plunge as hard as I can. I tried to bend the wireform with some pliers but it's a pretty strong metal. I've tried turning down the auto plunge power but no luck. Any suggestions on how I can bend the wireform (or other ideas)?
LTG: I figured out the opto issue. Thank you.

When the ball is resting against the forks are both forks touching equally? It looks like one is hitting 1st causing it to curve going up the ramp. Usually a big pair of needle nose pliers can bend them back

6 months later
#18582 5 months ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Well, my kids want me to sell all my games and just get a pirates ....no, of course was my answer, but I would trade a couple of em if anyone is getting tired of their pirates and wanting to try something different. Feel free to check out my collection and let me know if you're interested in any trades+/- cash. Thank you

There was a standard on Facebook for 12G that was routed somewhere. Sorry I don't have more specifics but somebody else might know more

3 months later
#18751 70 days ago
Quoted from Thot:

why not simply adjust power in the settings?

My thoughts also

#18754 70 days ago
Quoted from Heater:

For all the same reasons many JJP owners are spending $400 to swap out the IO boards. The increased power from the capacitors. If you haven't read up on it yet, here you go
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board

Started reading the thread, got sidetracked (plus it's super long). Got sidetracked into a Jack interview where he was bragging how new games are better because of board & code, but his answer seemed to be turn up the flippers in the settings & it's the same thing.

Maybe because I'm not great at playing, or don't play for many hours at a time, but turning up the settings on the flipper power seems to work for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.