(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #222 Liar's Dice rules explained! Posted by goren1818 (5 years ago)

Post #644 Rules flow chart Posted by Rbviessman (5 years ago)

Post #1021 How to fix black pearl lamps Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #1360 Black Pearl flippers are uneven when in upper position - Fix Posted by evh347 (5 years ago)

Post #2468 Hardware fix for balls getting hung up during multiball. Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #2892 Adjustment for auto plunger not hitting balls cleanly or correctly Posted by Pinballpal (5 years ago)

Post #3974 Deadflip stream from Valentine’s Day 2019. Posted by Tuna_Delight (5 years ago)

Post #4014 POTC trouble shooting guide Posted by zaphX (5 years ago)

Post #4856 Possibly let distributor go through machine and get it tuned in. Posted by dgposter (5 years ago)

Post #6315 Fix for dauntless positioning, canon shots not landing Posted by Yelobird (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7711 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yep ill have One Grand Blitz Wax on Saturday. Whats recommended on the playfield maintence thread over and over

Word of Caution with Blitz......Don't take it through Airport Security....they'll take it! Forgot my wife put it in my carry on and was so bummed.....Just bought another

1 week later
#8434 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

No new news here. Last I heard, some time in May.

I thought they aren't making any more LE's ....if I'm reading this correctly.

#8622 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I've had my POTC 5 days, finally a code update

That definitely is way too long to wait. Stern gets it out much faster than That! New GB code came out in 2 days if I recall!

#8867 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

LE in the market in FL for 8400...someone got a steal.

saw that early this morning - too far of a trip

#8868 4 years ago

Is the SE a LOSS ???????

Buying a POTC SE, unfortunately LE's sold out and kind of maxed out on money - but would have found a way to get the extra $ for it.

For those that have a SE do you feel like you're losing out to a LE?

What I'm losing
1- Powder Coat - don't care
2- Invisiglass - I'm adding
3- RGB GI Lighting - Kind of bummed - but WolfManCat mentioned that the White GI actually makes the playfield brighter and easier to see ball.
4- External Headphone jack - never used in previous games so not a loss.
5 - Molded Playfield Toys - not a big deal
6- 2 Pop Bumper Rotation Toys - Really cool and believe this is a Loss.
7- Topper - Don't care and can always add if I want
8- Target Decals - Only $30 to add and will as they add to the game aesthetically.
9 - 72 Light Starfield on back panel - Really cool, but don't know if I'll notice it gone.
10 - Shake Motor - I like them but not a necessity. I believe shakers make things loose under playfield anyways, but if integrated well into gameplay then a buy for me.

I believe You do get $1k more in add-ons, however missed the boat on LE.

Feel Like buyers remorse, funny even mentioning that on a SE, but want feedback from you guys.

Thx

#8870 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

We bought an SE and have been happy with it. We got a few questions about it on stream last night and you can watch some of our replays to really see the game in action. For me if it is SE vs nothing, I would take the SE all day long. I'm not really missing the extras on the LE, but I can see why some people would.

do you have the link? thank you

#8878 4 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

The only think I'd miss, *really* miss, would be the external volume control. That gets a lot of use. Saves literally seconds off of having to grab a key and open the coin door.
I like the shaker during the chapter select, probably wouldn't notice it missing though. Starfield I don't use/notice, but the flashing playfield target I do (which is in the standard). The topper is weaksauce.
I'm glad I have the LE, but if SE were my only option, I'd certainly get one!

Where is this located...I ask as I haven't picked up my game yet. Great insight and will be happy with a SE. Forgot the external volume you can adjust from outside.

#8879 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would you want external volume control for home use? You can easily set the volume inside the coin door and forget it. Do people change their volume regularly? I set it and forget it.

Good Point, my wife turns our GB Premium to Low so it doesn't wake me in the morning. The funny part is, even with low volume, when that Screamer goes off it's at FULL STRENGTH.

#8881 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

When you have the control you'll find out It comes in handy, that is why I am adding it to WOZ. Different times of day, different needs (talking to someone while playing versus the house being empty.. etc)

Cannot find it on JJP site. Link if you have it. Never thought about using while trying to talk to somebody...Great idea.

#8884 4 years ago

thank you houdini

#8887 4 years ago

I couldn't do the last update, because I'm an Idiot, on my Hobbit. Until PanzerFreak, Great guy BTW, shared his steps with me and it worked perfectly. So here it is. Hope this helps.

1. Reformat thumb drive, quick format option is fine
2. Download 3.10 ISO from JJP. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ Download the one named "The Hobbit Full Install 3.10 [USA Mirror] *NEW*"
3. Download "Rufus" Rufus (I had issues with the one JJP recommended, Rufus was recommended by someone on Pinside and works great, and seems easier to use)
4. Install Rufus
5. With formatted thumb drive in computer open Rufus application, click the "select" button and browse to where the Hobbit 3.10 ISO is on your computer
6. Select "START" in Rufus
7. Will take a while to build ISO image on thumb drive
8. With Hobbit turned off plug thumb drive into game
9. Next, with thumb drive still plugged into game turn back on and it will go through the install process
10. Once completed it will ask you to power cycle the game, just off and back on

#8912 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Yes my order is showing up Friday. POTC Black Pearl Mini Playfield Quantity: 1, POTC Assembly Decal Set Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Playfield Assy, CE Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Plastics Set CE Quantity: 1, POTC Playfield Decal Sheet CE Quantity: 2, POTC Printed Plastics Set LE Quantity: 1. So now I can play it like I stole it and just clean and wax but keep the play field the way it should be.

Sorry I don't understand what you did here. Did you buy an LE and add the CE stuff?

Thx, didn't sleep much last night

#8927 4 years ago

R thE latest builds made with the correct mfg fixes

#8964 4 years ago

Mine is a Late April or early May build. Don't know as I haven't picked up yet.

Haven't went through all the tips and tricks thread. Any idea if my build date has any of the fixes made as I would assume that JJP was made aware of and hopefully made Mfg adjustments

#9018 4 years ago

I think the white GI brightens up the play field Just like wolfmancat said. I'm fine with it. Don't think u r going to miss the RGB GI. Yes it's cool but nothing like being able to see the ball

Also noticed your spotlight on rocking
ship is turned left

#9019 4 years ago

Also just noticed the lanterns on the ship are RGB now that's cool

#9023 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Just found a photo from last week. These are the wee washers on the sling posts now, as of 1/21 anyway.
One side had them stuck to all three posts. The other three were loose upon post removal.
[quoted image]

why are these needed

#9042 4 years ago

All I see is a little indentation , don't see what the fuss is about

#9045 4 years ago

Has that happened on everyone's as we'll?

1 week later
#9417 4 years ago

Wolfmancat said the white GI brightens up play field and I agree RGB would have been great but game plays the same outside the extra bling which I wish I could have but oh we'll. don't have mine yet

#9419 4 years ago

Yep bought iNVISIGLASS it makes a huge difference. Shaker , maybe , I like them but think it loosens things

#9645 4 years ago

I have my SE paid for, just need to find time to pick it up....Next week. CE Looks awesome and too bad all the playfields didn't look like that.

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the SE, even though I wish I had the Spinning Bumpers, the rest I don't really care about.

A NIB LE just sold for around $11k, so I imagine these SE's will soon all be gone as that's the only option now and SE owners like the game from what I read as they don't feel they're missing a ton of stuff you can't live with.

#9652 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Anyone with Any model Pirates should be happy. They 100% play the same and there is nothing to justify or doubt. An Absolutely brilliant game at all accessory levels. Rarely does a game fit that criteria but this one does. If you enjoy the game you made the right decision and future value is a mute point as we are not trading futures here. Dam I love this game warts and all Still simply the best and proud to own one. (Or two..). Arghhhh

Don’t and won’t be selling this game ever.... even if I wanted to my wife would shoot me

#9655 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've gotten better at playing that mode, but for a while it was like...wuh?
BTW, this game is having one of the best honeymoon periods since I started helping with a route locally here (pin stuff only). I was a bit concerned because this would be the first 1 play/$1.50 or 4 play/$5 machine due to the high LE cost (all pins are going here, and soon), but I upped the ball count to 4/game and put the ball counts (3) on the other machine price cards so n00bs could see they were getting one more ball per game at the higher price. People seem to be accepting the bump in price and jjPotC is killing it on earnings. Double the nearest machines and triple some of the other machines on the route. We'll see if it lasts, but it's an encouraging start.

That’s great to hear

#9666 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it gets pretty crazy as the game goes on. Might be nice to have a "calm pearl" mystery award show up every now and again...

Yes, like Calm before the Storm, with a countdown let's say 8 seconds before the Seas get heavy, then let the rocking begin.

#9677 4 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

SE still comes with RGB insert lighting, so arrows are full RGB. So is the strip underneath the pearl ramp. The white LEDs on the SE are for General Illumination only. Gameplay effect is zero.

Plus the Lanterns on the Rocking Ship playfield are also RGB, which is coo.

I bet in 1 week that all the SE's that are available for sale will probably be gone.

#9687 4 years ago

anyone know the box dimensions before taking game out?

#9689 4 years ago

Great , Thx, Lloyd, now going to see if it will fit in the back of an Expedition

#9713 4 years ago

We'll lets hear from all u SE owners too. I'll have mine next week once this stupid cold goes away

#9756 4 years ago

For those that haven’t bought a special edition heard they’re almost sold out for left across the country

#9757 4 years ago

4 left to be sold

#9787 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

So if I have this right...there are 4 collectors edition unspoken for? No limited editions and several standards?

No CEs left no LEs left ... I think there are only 5 SEs available

#9866 4 years ago

Did David thiel do the music for pirates?

#9870 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

He doesn't work for jjp anymore, so no more Thiel magic

Doesn't matter at least he did it for pirates

#9872 4 years ago

Glad we at least had him for a while yahoo !

#9873 4 years ago

AnySE owners loving their game minus some of the necessary and unnecessary bling

#9876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There no way to add a starfield to an SE. The mods I saw were to add a video screen to that area.

The stars don't do anything or am I incorrect

#9879 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are incorrect.
LTG : )

That should exciting to see don't have my game and have never played it

#9903 4 years ago

is that $16 k US dollars or Euro?

#9905 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I tried to convert 14k euro, was guessing at the exchange rate... just checked back at their site and I see that now only have the SE left... all CEs now also gone!! So now the big question is, what do you miss out on with the SE? I could look at the comparison charts, but I prefer to ask owners because they are the best at plucking out the relevant info...

You miss:
Powder Coat
Shaker Motor
Invisiglass
Starlight
2- Spinning pop bumpers
Target Decals - you can buy
Headphone jack and volume control on outside
Topper
Some custom molded playfield toys

Aside from that the game plays exactly the same

#9906 4 years ago

The only thing I believe you'll miss is that Starlight panel, Spinning bumpers. You can always add a shaker, and invisiglass, plus the Headphone jack, which I've never used.

#9908 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

RGB GI lighting is gone.

Yeah forgot the RGB GI,,,,,definitely 1k added to the LE, SE should have been 8k, but they're selling and I think there's only 4 or 5 left out there. Don't see them being available next week.

#9925 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

You can add the spinning Tortuga Tom, but it costs $220. So, missing RGB GI, Starfield, and topper. Can add shaker and headphones, powder coat if you don’t like stainless, buy the extra plastic toys such as Devil’s Triangle, etc. Same machine, really, just without the LE label. If I were doing it over, I’d spring for the CE but am not concerned about the standard being any less fun to play.

$220 where do you see that? That seems expensive. Did you buy the SE or LE

#9927 4 years ago

so with headphone jack, probably over $100, shaker $140k, Invisiglass $300, Powder coat - don't know cost. $220 for the 1 spinning pop bumper not to mention probably another $220 for the other one that spins under the ramp, Already up to $980.

That's without the RGB GI, Starlight, which both cannot be added. Definitely $1k added. I don't think Stern adds that much to their Premiums, but I could be wrong.

#9949 4 years ago

In comparison to Stern 6 months is a blink of an eye. Stern games are run for years then later some are vaulted after. Pirates was on the line far shorter than any other pin they've done and for me I wasnt paying that close attention so it's understandable that I'm irritated. What I'm worried about is that if they make more LEs they will give them the yellow WOZ treatment. I'm not going to overpay for a pirates LE. $9,500 is a hefty enough price.

Just buy the SE you won’t be disappointed .... you will be when they’re all gone within a week

#9952 4 years ago

Yea, they'll all be gone this week for sure.

My distributor had 1 left last week sold it and within 2 hours had 3 other callers who wanted to buy it. He said they’re like gold

#10194 4 years ago

Just picked up one of the last few remaining POTC SEs from Automated services...said they have 4 left in their stock just FYI!

Wow....great...thought they were all gone!

#10195 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The Radcals on POTC CE are great, but they aren't as shiny and blinding like the Dialed in CEs.

Is that a Good thing or Bad thing in your opinion?

#10196 4 years ago

Take as much time off as needed Keith and Hope everything is Good with you! God Bless!

#10215 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Must admit it is refreshing and Amazing to see a game title with more Want adds then FS adds. You know you have a winner with that trend. I do hope JJP finds a way to bring this back for the masses to enjoy would be a shame to not see this great game out there.

If they don't remake it....Price will go up and I still wouldn't sell mine.

#10217 4 years ago

Yeah Goonies would be cool.

I don't think I've ever been this excited to get a game.

#10309 4 years ago

I bailed on getting the SE.

#10310 4 years ago
IMG-4072 (resized).JPGIMG-4072 (resized).JPGIMG-4073 (resized).JPGIMG-4073 (resized).JPGIMG-4074 (resized).JPGIMG-4074 (resized).JPG
#10312 4 years ago

Yep, RADCALS as I think you mentioned they were a pain in the Rear to install.

#10314 4 years ago

Yep they do.....I'm not taking it off....waiting for my Wife and Daughter to get back from France in 10 days to let them do the honors

#10320 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Where did you find a last minute LE?!

I'm sworn to Secrecy

#10323 4 years ago

ball stuck on upper playfield 1st ball played, bummer. the upper ramp is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the ramp....any ideas.

Also, no washers on either side... they look good, but need to get kit from JJP

IMG-4077 (resized).JPGIMG-4077 (resized).JPGIMG-4078 (resized).JPGIMG-4078 (resized).JPGIMG-4080 (resized).JPGIMG-4080 (resized).JPGIMG-4081 (resized).JPGIMG-4081 (resized).JPGIMG-4082 (resized).JPGIMG-4082 (resized).JPGIMG-4083 (resized).JPGIMG-4083 (resized).JPGIMG-4084 (resized).JPGIMG-4084 (resized).JPG
#10327 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lower right sling post looks like it dug in.

Yeah I saw that to my buddy said it shouldn't be an issue as it's not like slinging like the hammer ... U think I should adjust it if so how.?

#10328 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

Looks like you need to reseat the black pearl as it’s fallen off the front support. Mine was that way from shipping without a foam block supporting the pearl.
Undo the rear screw behind the pearl, slide it back a bit lift front and back forward.

Do I have to disconnect wires underneath or can I do without doing wires

#10333 4 years ago

Keep it for a while then sell it then get you're CE

#10367 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

ball stuck on upper playfield 1st ball played, bummer. the upper ramp is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than the ramp....any ideas.
Also, no washers on either side... they look good, but need to get kit from JJP[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was on phone w jjp and my ramp lifts up and down plus forward and backward apparently I have a broken bracket underneath so they're sending me what I need

#10418 4 years ago

Does the SE have RGB on the flashers or is it just white?

#10435 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Hey guys, if you haven’t done so already you might want to inspect the map hole on your game for the protruding t-nut. (Run your fingers in it if you can’t see it well) I read about that on the troubleshooting thread (thank you Pinside contributors) and saw that the t-nut was protruding slightly on my newer build SE. I checked the balls after a few games and noticed that they had a few nicks on them. I put a small hard rubber piece above the protruding piece to provide protection and replaced the balls. It seems to be working for now, but I imagine that I will pull that t-nut eventually and grind it down. To preempt the question, the rubber piece has not increased hole rejections at all. I actually haven’t had any.
I don’t want anyone to have a damaged playfield because of this and I can’t imagine trying to swap playfields on this beast.

I saw this on mine.....ordered cliffy's and surprised the map cliffy doesn't cover that side where nut is.

Please show us what rubber piece you put there. Might have to take off and grind it.

#10458 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

This is what I used. It is a firm rubber piece that is kind of a protective footer. It has self-adhesive on the back. Seems to be doing the trick for now as it at least covers up in the initial contact with the t-nut.
[quoted image][quoted image]

great idea!!!! No bounce outs?

#10632 4 years ago

does the brown paper need to be removed for the LE topper?

#10637 4 years ago

The way they make it sound, this pin will never be made again lol. Better stock up on plastics!

What sold in minutes

#10640 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

does the brown paper need to be removed for the LE topper?

Anyone

#10688 4 years ago

I now have to admit. Originally I thought that the White GI would be fine, but now that I have an LE it is Awesome!

#10698 4 years ago

No us 2 I don't think is good on these shiny playfields

1 week later
#10946 4 years ago

anyone notice how the flipper rubbers are getting dirty quickly. I only have about 10 plays on the game and noticed it. I might switch to silicone as they don't collect the dirt that much.

#10947 4 years ago
IMG-4186 (resized).JPGIMG-4186 (resized).JPGIMG-4187 (resized).JPGIMG-4187 (resized).JPG
#10949 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes! I clean the game frequently. I did switch to Titan silicone bands for a while - they still got dirty but they wiped clean easier. However I am back to Suzo/Happ rubber at the moment to see if my gameplay improves. So far I still suck!

Good to know....just thought 10 plays was to early to see dirt.

#10954 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What kind of balls you using?
I thought the same thing out of the box with the original balls but since I switched to the ball baron brand it isn’t as bad.

the ones that came with the game and they were pretty shiny.

#11013 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The map2 piece goes on the backside of the map hole to protect the back of the hole from ball hits. The goal is to try to keep the map 1 piece as flat as possible and then not torque too much pressure on it, so I put down map 1 (after wiping the area with the activator so the 3M adhesive for the front edge would stick well):
[quoted image]
...then put the map2 piece on top of that at the backside of the hole:
[quoted image]
...then put the ball guide on the right on top of that stack. Then I put in the post and screw to hold the deflector, paying attention not to tighten overly tight and also to orient the deflector to similar orientation to when I took it off.
[quoted image]

Update on the install. I just did this Map yesterday. Didn't need to remove the stand up targets. Cliffy fit right over them. Also, the far right post screw is longer than the left as the left one was too short for the right side with the 2 Cliffys.

#11118 4 years ago

did anyone get a goody bag with key fobs in their game? I only had the pinballs inside.

Also, didn't get a CD Manual either.

#11125 4 years ago

Was there really a CD manual? Who even has a CD drive anymore? Just download it from the website.
Yeah, keychain and a pair of sling plastics came with it (along with a COA for LE and plugs/screws for the topper).
I have some extra key chains if you want one, I ordered a spare set of plastics and there were a grip of those on the sheet.

Thx Harry I'll just call to get them fromJJp

1 week later
#11265 4 years ago

Hey guys, who wants a spinning davy jones? Works on all models of POTC. Simplified mechanism, easier to install, plug and play, no special wiring, integrates with all OEM connections. Could I interest you in a spinning Jack as well? All coming down the pipeline with a full matching set.
This is a 3D render, colors will obviously be painted in and texture added.
[quoted image]

As long as he's not Green LOL.....I think I would want one as the current figurine is kind of Bland. That's coming from a guy that really never pays attention to that. Looks Great

1 week later
#11375 4 years ago

When we set it up we had the back legs all the way out as we would normally do on any game. However, it was 7.9 degrees.

When we set up a friends, my tech said the game is designed so the back legs are almost all the way down. That's what I had to do is lower my back legs almost to the bottom and it's now 6.5 degrees.. Still might make it just a little steeper to 6.7 ...jury is still out.

#11377 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I love that the legs are such that it should be 6.5 sitting 'flat'. It would be nice if everyone designed this way.

Great point

#11380 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just wish if they did they'd move the bolt holes down about 3/4" so a standard pinball dolly could slide under it without lifting the machine front.

I had to raise my front legs a little to get my penguin dolly underneath

#11461 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

It will be very hard for me to ever acquire another game, this game is just that good. Luckily no issues except for dust, man this game has so many moving parts or something the flippers go from red to black after 20 plays. Soon changing my will to get buried in this game when I kick the bucket.

Okay, I thought it was just me, but totally agree on the dirty flippers. My Plunger is dirty after 20 plays. I might take apart and clean to see if that helps.

Also, going to get Silicone flipper rubber like I did on my GB.....they don't hold the dirt like stock ones.

#11462 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We will all meet Davy Jones Locker at some point why not in a pinball cabinet! lol (note to self start working on the pin-coffin mod...) As for dusty flippers I long ago went to the Titan clear rubbers on the playfield and never looked back. With a low cost Comet LED strip in the ball trough ($4) the flippers glow nicely and complete the theme look. Plus easy to clean with a simple rag and alcohol wipe. Arghhhhh.

please take a pic of the flipper and comet LED strip

#11464 4 years ago

Not that's cool looking...thx.

1 week later
#11663 4 years ago

Chest mod complete! Now my SE is even better lol

Cool.....I don't mind it being open actually as you can see how many balls are in the Chest...just my opinion.

#11664 4 years ago

Correction...not cool....very Cooooool !

#11667 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I took some pics for people wanting to install the Cliffy on the Tortuga/Mystery hole. I have to give some credit to jordanb for his post earlier:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/59#post-4787267
Diverting from that guidance, I did NOT loosen anything underneath the playfield to get enough slack in the white pop skirt.
Hopefully this is helpful:
1) I used a 5/64 allen wrench to get Tortuga Tom off.
2) Take the two phillips screws securing the motor to the base out, but ENSURE you are mindful to catch the small white plastic spacers that become loose as soon as you take those screws out. I always work with a cloth on the playfield to block potential holes where parts that I don't see can fall into making a 15 minute install take over an hour just to find the parts I dropped while installing.
3) You should get enough slack in the motor to wiggle it out enough to expose two additional phillips head screws securing the bottom of the assembly. I took those out with a magnetic screw driver. If you need extra slack, the motor plugs into a molex underneath the playfield which you can unplug to give you additional slack. They don't need to come all the way out, but this is what gives you the slack to get a screw driver into the two screws holding the VUK ball guide (the same one that gives everyone trouble with SDTM out of the Tortuga/Mystery kicker).
4) I loosened the post/rubber by hand from the top of the playfield.
5) After cleaning the area with an alcohol rub (Cliffy supplied), I placed the Cliffy and then re-installed everything in backwards order.
Now onto the MAP hole Cliffy...but I need to wait for a friend's extra hands to take that on since the ship has to come off completely.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok EVH###, I wish i would have seen this as I took the screws of the top of Tortuga, then was a pain to get the screw in that is blocked by his hand.

Now, I couldn't complete putting the Cliffy on as I couldn't get a screw driver on the VUK guide without damaging the Skirt. How did you get yours off without damaging the skirt?

Thx, Tony

#11668 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

The MAP hole is also heavily mylar'd, but I recently discovered that a small corner has begun to lift up, so I do want to get a Cliffy there soon.

My corner was lifting too, and I should have pulled it off, but installed MAP cliffy right over it. It will hold it down, but I'm concerned the little corner that was lifting might come up and just cause dirt to build up there.

#11689 4 years ago

My wife was playing and ball got stuck on upper playfield.. after looking it was the spotlight that was hitting the ball and top or the right flipper.

So added a lock washer with Blue Loctite, then still had to bend up the metal so that it didn't hit. I added the washer as to not have to bend the light up too high where it didn't hit the back of upper playfield...so now light is still directed down like it was intended to.

IMG-4419 (resized).JPGIMG-4419 (resized).JPGIMG-4420 (resized).JPGIMG-4420 (resized).JPGIMG-4421 (resized).JPGIMG-4421 (resized).JPGIMG-4422 (resized).JPGIMG-4422 (resized).JPGIMG-4423 (resized).JPGIMG-4423 (resized).JPGIMG-4426 (resized).JPGIMG-4426 (resized).JPG
#11727 4 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Here's what I did:
1. From underneath, I removed the 2 nuts holding the pop bumper ring and removed it from the yoke:

Quoted from JordanB:

Here's what I did:
1. From underneath, I removed the 2 nuts holding the pop bumper ring and removed it from the yoke:
[quoted image]
I think this is necessary to allow enough movement topside. It was awkward until I removed the right support.
2. remove Tom using the allen wrench
3. Once you have Tom and his plate off, you'll see the motor (which the plate was attached to). Undo the two screws holding the motor in:
[quoted image]
and pull the motor part way out. I think there should be enough slack in the wire.
4. Next, unscrew the two screws holding down the white pop bumper housing.
Here's a photo where you can see one of them (there are two):
[quoted image]
Things should be loose enough to get access to the troublesome scoop screws. The motor unplugs from the underside (yellow molex coupler) if you need more slack.
I think that's it... sorry if I missed any steps!

When you removed the 2 nuts underneath did everything come off at the bottom i.e. the spring, plates etc.

#11729 4 years ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

Is what you see in these videos normal for those arrow insert lamps? JJP Tech does not seem to know.

mine does the same thing as it's not as strong as the other blinking red arrow inserts.

#11733 4 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Definitely does not appear to be normal.

it only does that when blinking, but other times its as solid red color as the other inserts....maybe thinking the LED isn't close enough.

#11755 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I'm enjoying the game a lot, scoring 1m-2m regularly, but I need some strategy tips to break through to the next level.
I need this whole Shot X Super X Bonus X exc.. cleared up some as to when to shoot for these. someone kind of explained them back in here somewhere. are they explained in the manual? . I saw the video of the guy who had the 24m shot.. I would need a map drown out to figure out what was necessary to do that..I would be happy to get some help to get to 3-5m game .

I hear the Shot X, Super X, when I play the game and Have No CLUE what they hell it means or what to do!!!

#11756 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

So first time hit 9 shots and multiball 2nd time hit 9 shots but 2x for multiball. The dim flickering arrow is saying that you hit the shot at least 1 time but need to hit it more to complete the piece. Hope that made sense

So if I understand you correctly....the 2nd time, we need to hit each arrow/lane/ramp twice?

Also, the dim Flickering....That's Brilliant!

#11759 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think it means you hit the action button when there was no gold to collect and the lower display and audio are telling you the next award you will receive for completing the Pirate lanes.

so only hitting the action button and not hitting a target on the playfield....seems pretty easy.

#11769 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

No, you still have to hit the target after completing the inlane to get the award The audio cue comes when you hit the action button before collecting. I didn't say it gets collected when you hit it.

Ok thx it's sometimes confusing trying to figure things out

#11814 4 years ago

Thanks to JordanB for posting how to access the Tortuga hole deflector plate....I finally installed the Cliffy yesterday. 1st time I tried to install it I failed.

#11815 4 years ago

Underneath, you need to back-off the nuts but don't have to take them all the way out, plus Disconnect the Spinning Motor for extra wire to be available.

IMG-4469 (resized).JPGIMG-4469 (resized).JPGIMG-4470 (resized).JPGIMG-4470 (resized).JPG
#11816 4 years ago

Now, 1st time I took the cap off I undid the screws on top....don't do it as the one screw under the arm is a pain to put back in....Just need an Allen Wrench to go through hole that takes cap and plate off.

IMG-4471 (resized).JPGIMG-4471 (resized).JPG
#11817 4 years ago

take both screws off motor, then I had to remove the screws inside holding the white pop plastic, but just leave screws inside cap
IMG-4472 (resized).JPGIMG-4472 (resized).JPGIMG-4473 (resized).JPGIMG-4473 (resized).JPGIMG-4474 (resized).JPGIMG-4474 (resized).JPG

Also, the 2 plastic spacers you have to be careful they don't fail into back of playfield...happened the 1st time and took a while to get the damn things.

#11818 4 years ago

now you're able to angle the pop assembly on angle to get to plate screws

IMG-4475 (resized).JPGIMG-4475 (resized).JPGIMG-4476 (resized).JPGIMG-4476 (resized).JPG
#11819 4 years ago

I put a towel down and put a magnet to catch any possible screws falling

IMG-4477 (resized).JPGIMG-4477 (resized).JPGIMG-4479 (resized).JPGIMG-4479 (resized).JPGIMG-4481 (resized).JPGIMG-4481 (resized).JPG
#11820 4 years ago

Now I put the deflector plate back in but forgot where it was positioned as mine always hit the left flipper, but if you look on top of your defector it should have wear ...where it hit the bottom of the wire form ramp, so that was good as I knew where it had to be position wise.

Also, I used blue tape to hold those stupid designed white spacers to keep them from falling....once you get the screws in the hole, just screw them in a little bit then pull blue tape off

IMG-4483 (resized).JPGIMG-4483 (resized).JPGIMG-4485 (resized).JPGIMG-4485 (resized).JPG
#11821 4 years ago

DONE !!!! NOW I just need to do the Depths as that looks like a PIA....If anyone has install directions and pics that would be great

IMG-4485 (resized).JPGIMG-4485 (resized).JPGIMG-4486 (resized).JPGIMG-4486 (resized).JPGIMG-4491 (resized).JPGIMG-4491 (resized).JPG
#11824 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

For Depths I just lined it up at the edge of the hole from the topside, put my middle (longest) finger on it and slowly slid it over the edge

I would have you take pics of your install....but they might Ban you from Pinside....Giving everyone the FINGER! THX

#11870 4 years ago

Just put in the Cliffy Tortuga yesterday and was pretty easy....Until I dropped one of these dumb Stand off Spacers. I used a magnet to hold the cliffy then reached in with my left hand and pressed it into place.

Suggestion is to used blue tape to hold the spacers, plus, keep playfield in down position as when I lost the spacer I had playfield resting on the slide bars. Took me forever to find it, couldn't get out with anything so I used a Shop Vac to pull the damn thing out.

IMG-4522 (resized).JPGIMG-4522 (resized).JPGIMG-4523 (resized).JPGIMG-4523 (resized).JPGIMG-4524 (resized).JPGIMG-4524 (resized).JPGIMG-4525 (resized).JPGIMG-4525 (resized).JPGIMG-4526 (resized).JPGIMG-4526 (resized).JPGIMG-4527 (resized).JPGIMG-4527 (resized).JPG
#11879 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Huh. I didn't take anything off to install the Depths cliffy.

I couldn't get my FAT hand in there without it...lol

2 weeks later
#12003 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

wanted to discuss my POTC.

how bad was your chipping

#12055 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Only to install Cliffy's. I would absolutely not remove mylar for any other reason. And specifically, only the MAP cliffy due to the bubble that would keep it from laying flat.

My mylar was lifting by the hole on the back right side, but forgot to take off mylar before putting on Cliffy. the whole cliffy lays flat, but I can see that the Cliffy is slightly raised on the back right side, but barely. I'd like to take it off and reinstall, but it's minimal as the post behind the deflector holds it down pretty well. Do think it will cause any issues ...only that removing wax might not be as clean as I'd like.

#12090 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Should I take the risk and do it?

Go For it Mate....I haven't played as much as I have wanted, but when I play a game, I find something new.....it's an unbelievable game and will never leave.

#12140 4 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Contact Cliff. These are brand new and I do not think on his website yet, but he is making them. : )[quoted image][quoted image]

why do we need this on the Boyou hole? Isn't there Mylar to protect, plus the inside is protected with metal as well.

#12141 4 years ago

also, has anyone noticed how fast your flipper rubbers get dirty on this game. I've waxed it twice already with under 60 plays

#12143 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Titan flipper rubbers don't seem to absorb as much of the dust, they wipe clean easily. They also don't wear through the tips as quickly.

Great point....now I need to buy some Titans.

#12228 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s mine. Ball sometimes gets hung up on it but not very often.[quoted image]

that's a lot tighter than mine

3 weeks later
#12485 4 years ago

Well, koops went way out of his way to improve upon his BP ramp support and alignment piece. He was kind enough to take my plethora of input and changes to make something that should work for everyone. I printed out a test today and am going to be testing it out later tonight to see how it all fits and works. If everything goes well then I should have some ready to ship this week.
[quoted image]
Pic is missing one piece I was still printing. Uses set screws to adjust the saddles to level and support the left and right side of the ramp.

what does it do?

Also, would be great to someone, even Stern, to make the gate on BP Ramp (left side) angled higher on left side so the ball doesn't get stuck. Now I've also tighten the screw on right side of the ramp to angle it down, but the ball still gets stuck sometimes on the gate.

#12490 4 years ago

Okay,,,,just caught the incorrection...thx....Meant JJP

#12491 4 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I also took out the rubber piece on the ramp support on the right to give me more latitude to move the ramp down to its lowest position. (I am talking about the ramp support that you screw tighter to lower the ramp.) This allowed the ramp to be at its lowest setting.

So getting rid of that rubber piece helped lower the ramp that much to prevent balls getting hung up on the gate? If so, that's great to know.

#12524 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it just seemed a weird corner to cut. And there ARE exposed connections. The positive and negative lead for the power adapter are plainly exposed in the picture. I'm sure there are other points not immediately obvious.
But I'm very cautious about things like that. I'll admit that.

does adding this to any machine void the Warranty?

The sound is good on the machine already, but not awesome.

3 weeks later
#12808 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is my theory too.

well at least they incorporated the spinning disc on the screen....not as good as on playfield, but they probably saw some issues with dependability down the road.

With the 13K price, why don't you PM the guy to see what he'll take....he has 2 at that price and hasn't moved yet.

#12809 4 years ago

Sorry, just checked his post and he sold one already...just 1 left, but also 1 in Melbourne Australia

#12900 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Not sure how to read this... are you saying that the spinning disks on the playfield were unreliable so they cancelled that idea (stopped them spinning in a code update perhaps) and replaced them with an animated version in the screen?

that's what I'm thinking was done

#12901 4 years ago

Question....there's a part in the game when it says to shoot the moving/roving arrow....what is the color of the arrow as I can't figure it out, as there seems to be other arrows flashing

#12903 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The only one that pops to mind is the roving arrow for jackpot on Dead Men Tell No Tales (movie 5) multiball. I think the arrow is purple. It can be difficult to identify it flashing if there’s a bunch of stuff going on at the same time (like other MB jackpots using the same arrow at the same time). After you hit it then the Depths lights for a super jackpot.

that's good to know it's Purple and the Super in Depths...thx

1 month later
#13176 4 years ago

Congrats and please piss us off by showing pics too!!!!!!

1 month later
#13773 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The $20k one was not. The $22k one was NIB. The appreciation percentages are almost exactly the same as the LE, strangely. The LE and CE appreciation is tracking pretty close...

I loved the CE over the LE due to obvious reasons, wish I would have bought 2, sold one and not had much $ into the game....Crazy prices, but that CE with the Topper, no Johnny Depp and side art just looked Awesome.

Oh Well....I heard that it was too difficult too build and costly and they won't make them again....

LE owner, and I would never sell mine, but it would be nice if they did make them again as to guarantee parts will always be available.

1 month later
#14386 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would highly recommend Gary from Abel Electronics to anyone. I've purchased 2/4 of my JJP pins (my latest two, DI + Pirates) from Gary and have had a great experience. Will be buying from him again.

I 2nd the motion...Gary @ Abel is Phenomenal

3 weeks later
#14658 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it's the junk bulbs you want to replace - and who could blame you - I used:
OPMAX12VNW 12v Opmax (Optimus Maximus) - Wedge (555) / Cool White (Natural White)

Has Anyone tried successfully removing the spotlights without breaking them?

I'll have to find my pics, but there was a lot of hot glue on them....the put it in so that they wouldn't fall out during shipping, but damn they used a lot of glue.

1 week later
#14750 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:Now if JJP will just release new codes to cement this once and for all that would be icing on the cake

Stern has released code updates for JP, Elvira, and Deadpool since the shutdown....Wish JJP would release a new code update

2 weeks later
#14843 3 years ago

Butch was great to deal with....he was accessible anytime i needed help. Very sad he was let go!

2 months later
#15278 3 years ago

anyone here if there is a code update coming

#15280 3 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

but what in the podcast made you think he was working on it or even had any interest in it anymore.

Hey Gnarlee, do you have the link for the podcast? thx

#15281 3 years ago

Never Mind, just did a search on my Podcast App

1 week later
#15320 3 years ago

Anyone hear of any code updates?

#15326 3 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

No news on when, but I did hear Eric on a recent Twitch stream mention that the new code will address the inner loop opto not registering some shots when the ball is moving too quickly. I had not heard that specific fix before.
I know several of us experience that so it’s great to hear that it’s something they can address with software.

Hopefully additional callouts and other surprises would be Great plus the Wizard Mode

2 weeks later
#15368 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

From a game play stand point I am creeping closer to my goal of getting all the characters over 5 million. Only 4 left, including Cotton who sucks...but if I can get 10 mil+ with Weatherby Swan in a single player game, I can break 5 mil with Cotton. [quoted image]

Damn, I can't break 1 Million...I'm close...my wife has 6 Mil....5 balls....that's why I downvoted you!!!!!!

3 weeks later
#15461 3 years ago

Anyone hear anything on the new CODE?

6 months later
#16462 3 years ago

Okay, I've replaced the rubber on the left side of the "start a chapter" 3 times already. It's a pain in the A$$ as you have to take off the upper playfield.

Any ideas of what rubber I should use? Maybe go with a standard black or white?

I'm currently using the Translucent clear from Pinball Life.

Or am I missing something where I can replace that damn rubber without taking off the mini playfield

#16463 3 years ago

JJP should have put a post in front of that sling with a tiny circle rubber and that would have been a lot easier and would keep the ball from hitting the front corner of the sling rubber so that it wouldn't split it.

#16466 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

JJP should have put a post in front of that sling with a tiny circle rubber and that would have been a lot easier and would keep the ball from hitting the front corner of the sling rubber so that it wouldn't split it.

double the price compared to Pinball Life, but U get what you pay for!!!!!!

#16467 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Put a post sleeve on the post at the left entrance to the star map area. That will keep the ball from hitting the sling rubber on that post, which causes that rubber to wear out very quickly. The sling rubber on mine wore out quickly because of those direct hits. When I replaced it I put the post sleeve on and so far haven't had to change it since then.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/227#post-5094603

so it looks like from that photo that its a black rubber post that was cut down? Great Idea, I would have never thought of that, but then again I'm Polish!

#16470 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

No, it's a post sleeve. No cut down required. It's a part you can buy and put on as is.

so the standard length will fit underneath? Picture looks like it's smaller, but I'll believe you. thanks for your help....this will be a blessing

#16472 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, I just edited my post above to add a link to the one I bought and put on.

thx, got it....I don't have any 1/2 inch so I'll just cut down a post from one of these https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-1-116-willamsbally-compatible-rubber-post-sleeve.html

1 week later
#16593 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Put a post sleeve on the post at the left entrance to the star map area. That will keep the ball from hitting the sling rubber on that post, which causes that rubber to wear out very quickly. The sling rubber on mine wore out quickly because of those direct hits. When I replaced it I put the post sleeve on and so far haven't had to change it since then.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/227#post-5094603

Okay, so I didn't have the 1/2 ID inch post rubber available, so I did this. I know it shortens the entrance a bit, but it will work for now and I'll order the post sleeve you recommended for the future.

Boy I'm getting really good at taking that upper playfield off.....it's not that bad, plus a lot easier to clean and wax with Ship off.

IMG-7103 (resized).jpgIMG-7103 (resized).jpgIMG-7104 (resized).jpgIMG-7104 (resized).jpgIMG-7105 (resized).jpgIMG-7105 (resized).jpgIMG-7106 (resized).jpgIMG-7106 (resized).jpg
#16596 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was just going to say the same.
Even though there are more differences than that, the lack of RGB alone results in people never saying SE=LE even with mods.

Totally Agree, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but man is it cool when the RGB colors change....it really adds to the game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club?tu=3pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.