(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 377.
#4801 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Eric's design is absolutely solid, and whoever did QC on the assembly line needs a kick in the rear.

What all did you have to tweak/fix, and what was your build date?

#4802 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Kaneda just posted that Stern does not have it, 100% positive

The source that says stern has it is 100x more reliable.

#4803 5 years ago

What is the 6666 mode?

#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the 6666 mode?

All 5 movie multiballs stacked plus Tortuga.

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Congrats DaveB!!! My#15 is in the box and should be opened tomorrow at 10am! I too am currious if anyone knows more about this.

Hmmmm... that’s the number I wanted as I have #15 Dialed In! Now I know where it lives at least! Enjoy the game mate!

#4806 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Everyone who is having this issue needs to make sure they removed the foam block that is screwed to the back of the cabinet. This block is only there for shipping. Jjp should update their documentation to reflect this.

Oops! Mine is working great and no issues pushing it back in. Thought it served a purpose! I’ll be removing it when I get home! Thanks!

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What all did you have to tweak/fix, and what was your build date?

My issues posted have caused me to not play a full game yet so there may be other issues but the build date was 2/12. Will look into it this weekend and hope they are minor fixes. Didn’t have much time but on first glance the screen will need some setting switched as well, but that’s just like getting a new TV I suppose. I’ll just keep dreaming of that six multiball stack.

#4808 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Pinballlife, Marco, Titan, and others all carry mylar. Pinballlife & Titan have precut 1" square mylar pieces that are perfect for spot protection placement.

Quoted from zaphX:

The goodie bag includes lots of spare Mylar as well.

Thanks to you both for the recommendations and info!

I've read applying wax will help mylar not pull paint too much. Does that happen often with or without wax being there? Is mylar effective for covering a chip so it doesn't expand during play?

#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Thanks for posting this. Mine was acting the same way and I didnt question it. After reworking the guide wall it feeds to the flippers more consistantly.

But how did you do it? I don't get it to work...

#4810 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well you're looking to move the rail to the right, so you need to elongate the screw hole to the left. This way there is room to move the rail to the left? Follow me?

Thanks. But the screw is right at the end of the lane and there's nothing left to bend. Or are you talking about the 2nd screw?

#4811 5 years ago

Is there any definition on what, exactly, the presets do?

I’m in Texas and this machine used the “Home” preset. In Los Gatos, I just used defaults and set the ball save to 5 seconds.

I was playing the Texas machine and was surprised to see an Extra Ball on Mystery level one which I’ve never seen before.
I’m guessing the Home setting must have cranked down a difficulty setting.

#4812 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m in Texas and this machine used the “Home” preset. In Los Gatos, I just used defaults and set the ball save to 5 seconds.
I was playing the Texas machine and was surprised to see an Extra Ball on Mystery level one which I’ve never seen before.

Was it giving it everytime? Otherwise it was just a lucky random mystery award.

#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Was it giving it everytime? Otherwise it was just a lucky random mystery award.

Maybe just lucky! Not sure.

#4814 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Were you playing Jack? Doesn't he remove the lesser valued mystery awards? (This in addition to maybe some settings might have allowed this award so early)

#4815 5 years ago

Another thing I found out. When you turn off the pro tips in between balls, the bonus animation backscreen is black. Probably a bug?

Not with ecery screen, but most...

#4816 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Thanks. But the screw is right at the end of the lane and there's nothing left to bend. Or are you talking about the 2nd screw?

I'm still a little confused as well. what your saying makes sense if looking at it from the front. if your going to say more left or right we need more of a reference like looking at it from the front or from the bottom . because making the hole more to the left would seem to be the wrong way to go looking at it from the front . unless your talking about the 2nd screw witch would make the curve in the rail a little more deeper and may project the ball to the right at exit.

#4817 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks to you both for the recommendations and info!
I've read applying wax will help mylar not pull paint too much. Does that happen often with or without wax being there? Is mylar effective for covering a chip so it doesn't expand during play?

Pulling paint off with mylar removal is mostly a problem with older games with out a clear coated finish most new games have clear coated finishes so not much risk of that if removed properly.

#4818 5 years ago

Can someone with a CE post a video of the topper? Is the ship in a bottle always moving or only at certain times??? I can't seem to find video of it.

Thanks in advance,
DSL

#4819 5 years ago

Does everyone else have this rattlesnake kind of sound effect all the time? Is that supposed to sound like that? Kind of annoying...

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Does everyone else have this rattlesnake kind of sound effect all the time? Is that supposed to sound like that? Kind of annoying...

Gonna need a video to understand what you mean.

There is kind of a boiiing sound when you get a ball on the Pearl?

Does it happen with the volume all the way down?

#4821 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Gonna need a video to understand what you mean.
There is kind of a boiiing sound when you get a ball on the Pearl?
Does it happen with the volume all the way down?

Hope you can hear it. is it supposed to be coins maybe?

It happens all the time during gameplay as well. But I never hear coins dropping.

#4822 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

It happens all the time during gameplay as well. But I never hear coins dropping.

Kinda hard to tell. Does my stream video sound different to you? https://www.twitch.tv/videos/386833152

#4823 5 years ago

Oh man, listening to your game it seems like I have half the soundeffects missing. And that rattling sound is not an effect I hear on your video. Now what could that be...?

#4824 5 years ago
Quoted from DSL_:

Can someone with a CE post a video of the topper? Is the ship in a bottle always moving or only at certain times??? I can't seem to find video of it.
Thanks in advance,
DSL

The CE topper runs continuous during game play. Stops at end of game match sequence. The lighting does stay on however. On YouTube as well as this thread there are several videos as well as the POTC CE thread in Pinside.

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Oh man, listening to your game it seems like I have half the soundeffects missing. And that rattling sound is not an effect I hear on your video. Now what could that be...?

The first thing I’d do is make sure you’re on the latest 0.98 firmware, if you’re not already.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4826 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I am probably not hearing what you are but it kind of sounds like the treble is dialed Way up and the bass sounds way down?

#4827 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am probably not hearing what you are but it kind of sounds like the treble is dialed Way up and the bass sounds way down?

Speaking of that, is there a bass adjustment somewhere in the software or hardware?

#4828 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think that's just bad audio recording. It's that noise right after the coil noise when you switch characters. It's also during gameplay on some occasions. I do have 0.98 installed.

#4829 5 years ago

I think I'm going for a full new install. Must be software related. I'll report how that goes...

#4830 5 years ago

Quick question guy’s how do you get all the wanted posters for high scores to show when game is idle??

#4831 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

how do you get all the wanted posters for high scores to show when game is idle??

in the manual page B-34:

Show Attract Mode Camera Message: specify whether to show the camera notification message during attract mode or not.
YES: show the camera message Default: YES NO: do not show the camera message

#4832 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Quick question guy’s how do you get all the wanted posters for high scores to show when game is idle??

They show up from time to time. Not very often though...

They could make more out of it. My pics all look pretty much the same.

#4833 5 years ago

Just curious does anyone actually use the compass to see what their best shot is during gameplay

#4834 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I think I'm going for a full new install. Must be software related. I'll report how that goes...

check the connection of your audio out from the cpu board to the audio in (j102) on the audio amp board. it sounds like one of them is not fully inserted, therefore only giving you some of the sounds.

#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

in the manual page B-34:
Show Attract Mode Camera Message: specify whether to show the camera notification message during attract mode or not.
YES: show the camera message Default: YES NO: do not show the camera message

I think that's the warning screen: this game takes your picture. Has no influence on the pics shown.

#4836 5 years ago

just a heads up if it has not been posted:
Pricing cards for pirates

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_PRICING_CARDS.pdf

#4837 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I think that's the warning screen

you are totally correct! sorry

#4838 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I was sailing trouble free untill today .. and it bums me more then any other game that its down for fixing . So much fun!
Had a wire hanging loose of the left x pearl target, no problem with that, was going to remove the ship anyway to see how it all functions down there . But now it had to come out, left mini flipper is making ground and up all the time.
Coil wiring is fine up to j108-10 , so I fear a driver board fault in a transistor
Shit happens, itll be cool, and have asked JJP tech, but is there anyone else who has maybe experienced similar and found it to be something else not ground ?

Fixed, turns out the left flipper hold was causing continual ground. Replaced the mosfet Q407 on the driver board , tested everything and all is good again , aaarrrh!

#4839 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

It is your Chapter Select Rubber switch(es). They need to be adjusted slightly more open. The vibration from your flipper is causing one or both of them to activate. It's the sound-effect you are hearing when they are hit (sounds like ratcheting). Switch 57 or 63.

Cheers,

E

#4840 5 years ago

While in the docks, I added some salty sea weathering, and beefed up the rubber in the left chapter area entrance. That rubber wont last much longer, and just 300 games in

43E77983-DCB0-4FBE-940F-850D3A8D7B88 (resized).jpeg43E77983-DCB0-4FBE-940F-850D3A8D7B88 (resized).jpeg5C5F7950-388D-41B0-90F5-DFB04D2DD6B4 (resized).jpeg5C5F7950-388D-41B0-90F5-DFB04D2DD6B4 (resized).jpegD850FF11-74D0-4965-9080-73F73C5C32FB (resized).jpegD850FF11-74D0-4965-9080-73F73C5C32FB (resized).jpegF02958D9-8FA1-4B13-9268-45E15AF55501 (resized).jpegF02958D9-8FA1-4B13-9268-45E15AF55501 (resized).jpegAB03B23B-6A9D-4D80-932D-481227C72F46 (resized).jpegAB03B23B-6A9D-4D80-932D-481227C72F46 (resized).jpeg
#4841 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

But how did you do it? I don't get it to work...

I noticed the ball had a hard time clearing the sling post when it didn't ride the left ball guide all the way back down.

I unscrewed the screw that is located just behind the 6x switch. Turn the spinner horizonal to give the ball guide some clearance and bend it out a little to make a more narrow channel. The shot opening should stay the same width when you rescrew the guide back into place.

I still occasionally get a ball to fall to the sling post but it is rare, while before it was consistant 100% of the time. Hope this helps.

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just curious does anyone actually use the compass to see what their best shot is during gameplay

Lately I have been using it quite a bit. I initially thought the mini lcd was pointless, but turns out its a rather useful.

#4843 5 years ago

Can someone please post a link to the available flow chart of this game, can't seem to find it. Thanks!

#4844 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can someone please post a link to the available flow chart of this game, can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Page a-24 of the manual

#4845 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Page a-24 of the manual

And also provided in Post #641 in the Image Library of this thread by....Oh KingPinGames! Thanks Christopher.

236923667e370caa24e7f68a261cc2acb7caa270 (resized).jpg236923667e370caa24e7f68a261cc2acb7caa270 (resized).jpg
#4846 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Lately I have been using it quite a bit. I initially thought the mini lcd was pointless, but turns out its a rather useful.

Yeah. Also very critical for setting up Pirate lane awards which adds another strategy layer to the game.

#4847 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And also provided in Post #641 in the Image Library of this thread by....Oh KingPinGames! Thanks Christopher.
[quoted image]

Exactly what I'm looking for, thank you!

#4848 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

It is your Chapter Select Rubber switch(es). They need to be adjusted slightly more open. The vibration from your flipper is causing one or both of them to activate. It's the sound-effect you are hearing when they are hit (sounds like ratcheting). Switch 57 or 63.
Cheers,
E

This worked. Thank you very much. Finally my game sounds like it's supposed to again.

#4849 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I noticed the ball had a hard time clearing the sling post when it didn't ride the left ball guide all the way back down.
I unscrewed the screw that is located just behind the 6x switch. Turn the spinner horizonal to give the ball guide some clearance and bend it out a little to make a more narrow channel. The shot opening should stay the same width when you rescrew the guide back into place.
I still occasionally get a ball to fall to the sling post but it is rare, while before it was consistant 100% of the time. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I'll try it like this. I think I did the opposite and tried to bend it so the 'lip' of lane points more inwards. You actually bent the part before the lip, if I understand you correctly. I'll take a pic when I do it.

#4850 5 years ago

JJP seems to have quality control issues lately. Hopefully this won't be an issue if they can achieve a steady line.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.