(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,048 posts
  • 476 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by heni1977
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,283 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191121_104901 (resized).jpg
02F5DDEA-5BBC-4169-8994-0EE5531928B5 (resized).jpeg
4733AB71-E5FE-4B47-BC10-7863491B37EB (resized).jpeg
35200050-835C-4085-AE8A-0FA5635E91E2 (resized).jpeg
0D8CDE8F-2CC6-4DD3-8242-88156849FE45 (resized).jpeg
20191117_230337 (resized).jpg
20191116_140814 (resized).jpg
20191115_190558 (resized).jpg
GIF-191114_223447 (resized).png
IMG_0086 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0077 (002) (resized).jpg
678A8AC9-EEFD-414A-8CF4-2A19FF9FB727 (resized).jpeg
127996A1-64F7-4385-BDA3-AC6B165DBA5F (resized).jpeg
42E58E05-D832-427D-9962-7BA05CDAAAA7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13048 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 261.
#4701 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I love that the extra ball shot is challenging to hit.
My question is: what lights extra ball? Usually so much going on, I don't notice what qualifies it.

You can earn it via the pirate lanes or sometimes in the disk award. I Love the animation when you get that shot! Priceless.

#4702 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I love that the extra ball shot is challenging to hit.
My question is: what lights extra ball? Usually so much going on, I don't notice what qualifies it.

You can earn it via the pirate lanes or sometimes in the disk award. I Love the animation when you get that shot! Priceless.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm serving Kraken - the "official" POTC grog - for my game's launching!
[quoted image]

Ok if that is real Please send me info on where to get it. Way cool thanks for sharing!

#4703 8 months ago

Oh it’s real! Gave me a hangover a couple times!

#4704 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok if that is real Please send me info on where to get it. Way cool thanks for sharing!

I've seen it at our State Stores in PA. It is real indeed, and pretty cheap for rum!

#4705 8 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Ok, I have no screen in the apron. Turned off and back on still no screen. It is tight at the connection in apron. Going to check at cpu.

Worst case, try plugging another vga (computer) monitor into that port and see if it is the screen or the motherboard.

#4706 8 months ago

So does the chest shot have to be perfect ?cause I've had a lot that looked like they where in but came back out. I have checked guide and screws are tight for forks

#4707 8 months ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So does the chest shot have to be perfect ?cause I've had a lot that looked like they where in but came back out. I have checked guide and screws are tight for forks

I can’t sink that shot with the left flipper. It takes a good strong hit from the right one.

#4708 8 months ago

ok will try that. I unplugged monitor as well and now I got this?

image (resized).jpg
#4709 8 months ago

My game out of the box last nite is still not fixed. Working with jjp now...very frustrating to deal with alot of out of the box issues. Jjp has been great like usual and eventually i am sure it will work correctly. Map disc not working, chest wont eject balls so game goes in ball search,no start button light and some other small stuff. I am keeping the faith and hoping jjp qc improves

#4710 8 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

My game out of the box last nite is still not fixed. Working with jjp now...very frustrating to deal with alot of out of the box issues. Jjp has been great like usual and eventually i am sure it will work correctly. Map disc not working, chest wont eject balls so game goes in ball search,no start button light and some other small stuff. I am keeping the faith and hoping jjp qc improves

My balls weren't ejecting from the chest, and it turned out they had already magnetized. I had installed other balls, but changed them out for the balls that came with the game, and the problem went away.

#4711 8 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I can’t sink that shot with the left flipper. It takes a good strong hit from the right one.

I can sink with left but better get the upper left floor out of the way in time

#4712 8 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

With chest i can help

You see that black metal arm that holds the balls back on the left.
Gently push down on it, that will cause it to rotate out of the way.

Only fyi a degree or two at a time, this is finicky.

Takes a few tries until you have the right position but you will be good to go from there on.

Too low and they all roll out, too high and the second but definitely the third ball will get stuck.

Until you work on the target ship and touch the chest lock assembly by accident
Then it's time for resetting it once again

#4713 8 months ago

Ok monitor fixed itself. Still no Compass lcd. Have to get a vga cable and test. The monitor does have a spot for vga would this be a way of testing that line out?

#4714 8 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

How long does it take for JJP to respond to your support request?
I was praying I wouldn't be one of the many with unplayable machines out of the box but alas there's work to be done!

#4715 8 months ago

Ok so that worked with testing out the cpu. It’s good!
I will pull compass lcd and try the vga to it and see if there is a break in the line.

2F227360-C5FB-498F-98C9-1681A7ED1E0C (resized).jpeg
#4716 8 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I will pull compass lcd and try the vga to it and see if there is a break in the line.
[quoted image]

Sounds good. Let me know if you need to make a claim.

#4717 8 months ago
Quoted from mtp78:

If the map disc is not working and the start light is not working I am guessing the shaker motor and the topper is not lighting up as well. If so that means the
F713 fuse is blown.

You have to get into the back box to check it out. You will see a red led light next to most of the fuses except for the one that I suspect is blown.

8AA500C7-A706-4DC6-A6F1-B1FA065613F0 (resized).jpeg
#4718 8 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

[quoted image]

Great troubleshooting!

#4719 8 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

I was praying I wouldn't be one of the many with unplayable machines out of the box but alas there's work to be done!

Frank has always been my go to at JJP. Helped with my woz and di. Frank is out on a medical leave and i wish him the best. So Butch called me today and gave me some things to check. And i later talked to Loyd. I need to talk to Butch to order parts. So hopefully we can chat tomorrow .It just sucks looking at a game and not enjoying it

#4720 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

If the map disc is not working and the start light is not working I am guessing the shaker motor and the topper is not lighting up as well. If so that means the
F713 fuse is blown.
You have to get into the back box to check it out. You will see a red led light next to most of the fuses except for the one that I suspect is blown. [quoted image]

Also once you replace the fuse unplug the topper. That is most likely what is causing it to blow.

#4721 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not to correct you but your comparison is not the same. In POTC JJP by design Milled the shooter lane Parallel to the surface for the creative lane design VS traditional (Most other games as you show) which are machined at an incline angle to the woods surface. All laminated plywood has lamination layers in every grade and would look exactly as shown if machined parallel to said layer.

I could have explained myself better when I said I can't believe they're using this plywood on the playfields I was talking about that one sheet of plywood because of all the colours and the pattern in the Shooter Lane , the next sheet of ply would look totally different , I can't comment on a quality of the ply because I don't know what they're using . I prefer the traditional blonde look in the Shooter Lane but everyone has their own preferences . The only reason I pay attention to it is because I work with it all day everyday . I put the pictures up to compare colours not the shape of the cutouts . At the end of the day it's all good because the customer who got it loves it and that's all that matters .

#4722 8 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

You are one of the few. The many are too busy playing their games. Jjp is one man short right now on tech support. Have you reached out to the distributor that you purchased it from? Tech support is part of their job. They (the distributor) should be your first contact (unless you ordered directly from jjp). Jjp should be your backup.

To get to your issues. Have you checked to make sure the ship isn't catching on the wire loom in the back of the game?

Fyi, my aggressive tone is not meant for you, just meant to draw attention to the fact that some distributors need to step up and do their job better. Anyone can sell a game, a real distributor is there for you when your game doesnt work.

#4723 8 months ago

@kingpingames will do. Thanks for the help!

#4724 8 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

You are one of the few. The many are too busy playing their games. Jjp is one man short right now on tech support. Have you reached out to the distributor that you purchased it from? Tech support is part of their job. They (the distributor) should be your first contact (unless you ordered directly from jjp). Jjp should be your backup.
To get to your issues. Have you checked to make sure the ship isn't catching on the wire loom in the back of the game?
Fyi, my aggressive tone is not meant for you, just meant to draw attention to the fact that some distributors need to step up and do their job better. Anyone can sell a game, a real distributor is there for you when your game doesnt work.

Greatly appreciate your input and insight. It's definitely not catching on the loom, as even when the Playfield is lifted I can't get it out of forced calibration mode.

#4725 8 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Great troubleshooting!

Appreciate the help...i talked to JJP abouy this. Topper and starlight are working. I know they are on the same fuse. Possible bad map motor. Will diagnose further tomorrow

#4726 8 months ago
Quoted from adamross:

Greatly appreciate your input and insight. It's definitely not catching on the loom, as even when the Playfield is lifted I can't get it out of forced calibration mode.

I have looked at your posts. What do you mean by "forced calibration?"

#4727 8 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Cool I like this method for sure. Wish that was the case for hooking up other games too.
Anyone else use the pinnovators kit as I am going to have 3 games in total once my MBRLE shows up and it might be nice to have all 3 hooked up to one sub and their PINsub Multisystem kit seems to do the job. Just have to hack some wires to go from the cab to the 3.5mm jacks on the kit.

Catching up on this thread. Lots of posts today. For the Pinnovators sub mixer, they recommend sending the sound down both the right and left channel for best results. For this pin I did something different. I tapped off of the speaker tabs, but feed both channels of the 3.5mm Pinnovators wire using a gadget from Amazon. Working great, solid connection.
20190227_204818 (resized).jpg

#4728 8 months ago

Stucky ball...one out of 100 plays. I am surprised it doesn’t happen more often in that area!

D1509E26-CE19-4FB9-B0F8-54D804D5D03D (resized).jpeg
#4729 8 months ago

Dup

#4730 8 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Catching up on this thread. Lots of posts today. For the Pinnovators sub mixer, they recommend sending the sound down both the right and left channel for best results. For this pin I did something different. I tapped off of the speaker tabs, but feed both channels of the 3.5mm Pinnovators wire using a gadget from Amazon. Working great, solid connection.
[quoted image]

Do you have a link to the connector from Amazon?

#4731 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Stucky ball...one out of 100 plays. I am surprised it doesn’t happen more often in that area!
[quoted image]

I get them there frequently

#4732 8 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Do you have a link to the connector from Amazon?

Nearly impossible to copy a link from the Amazon phone app. Anyway … here ya go:
amazon.com link »

#4733 8 months ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Bump up your flipper coil strengths. I can hit it from both flippers with ease.

#4734 8 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Nearly impossible to copy a link from the Amazon phone app. Anyway … here ya go:
amazon.com link »

thx

#4735 8 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ve been hesitant to do that as the defaults have the powers mismatched, presumably intentionally. Maybe for gameplay balance, maybe for airball prevention.

I can hit the chest from the left flipper, but it definitely rolls out more frequently for me.

#4736 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

VERY real and very tasty (Arrr!).

Surprised if you can't find this in Chicagoland liquor stores (although is Wheaton still dry as it was when I grew up there?!) - my recollection of them is as quite extensive in inventory.

#4737 8 months ago

Does anyone else’s topper flicker a bit? Trying to decide if that’s normal, or it’s not getting consistent power..

#4738 8 months ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Does anyone else’s topper flicker a bit? Trying to decide if that’s normal, or it’s not getting consistent power..

Totally normal.

#4739 8 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Added to the fixes page, thank you!

That is not a fix per se, those are subjective preferences.
Ok my DVI POTC CE I have brightness at 42, contrast at 80 for perfect black and vibrant colors, color user, temp user

#4740 8 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

You can go with high (amplified) load into the Pinnovator SubMix?

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=58&osCsid=v0j72l1pmjm6r49kb93549pu30

Usually I go in with the preamp signal path, not the amp out.

Or are you running this in the path as well:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=84

#4741 8 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve been hesitant to do that as the defaults have the powers mismatched, presumably intentionally. Maybe for gameplay balance, maybe for airball prevention.
I can hit the chest from the left flipper, but it definitely rolls out more frequently for me.

Bump them up 1 step at a time until on the left the ball does airball out of the maelstrom, on the right it airballs into the gate on top of the ramp.
Now back to your last good setting ... depending on comfort zone maybe home two back.

My stock setting was offset as well, I bet it's just what they are told to do at the factory.
I left the ship flippers stock, but increased the three playfield flippers to upp the fun factor and take any floatiness out of the game and makes the chest more reliable.

#4742 8 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I did mind me me asking what you have yours set at?

#4743 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Can anyone describe the texture / quality of the black LE armour powder coat? Is it similar to Stern pro / premium standard armour or higher quality? I've only had a chance to play an LE prototype and more recently a standard production version of the game.

well is like the older stern legs from a few years ago the same as the siderails and lockdown bar on a current stern
but sterns legs color don't match the rest as they are from Taiwan

#4744 8 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

ok will try that. I unplugged monitor as well and now I got this?
[quoted image]

hobbit does that as well if the book monitor isn't working or plugged into the wrong monitor output

#4745 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

well is like the older stern legs from a few years ago the same as the siderails and lockdown bar on a current stern
but sterns legs color don't match the rest as they are from Taiwan

Thanks. It's a bummer JJP got away from the high end powder coats on WOZ ECLE and Hobbit. I wonder how gold powder coated armor with a metallic finish would have looked like on Pirates? The black finish does fit the LE well though.

#4746 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks. It's a bummer JJP got away from the high end powder coats on WOZ ECLE and Hobbit. I wonder how gold powder coated armor with a metallic finish would have looked like on Pirates? The black finish does fit the LE well though.

Couldn’t agree more with this. It was honestly a factor that almost steered me away from the machine. I’m still glad I bought it, it’s an amazing game. But I would have love some nice powder coat. I look at my hobbit and then at pirates and it’s just Night and day different. The hobbit powder coating is incredible.

#4747 8 months ago

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?

Thanks

#4748 8 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I received my NIB LE yesterday. It is LE 62. I see other people receiving games now around 160 -170. Was hoping for a newer model. Didn't think they would have these older ones still around. Any kinks I should be looking for out of the box?
Thanks

Game numbers are irrelevant. My last shipment was

All were built at the same time.

What is your build date? That's the relevant number.

#4749 8 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:Game numbers are irrelevant. My last shipment was
All were built at the same time.
What is your build date? That's the relevant number.

OK, gotcha. Still sitting in the garage. Haven't wrestled it to the basement yet.

Thanks

Gerry

#4750 8 months ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks

My build date was 2/12/19 and mine is #70.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ
There are 13048 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 261.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside