(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 378.
#4651 5 years ago

I never got through the first movie, so I couldn't tell if that's original music or not. #happily ignorant.

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I never got through the first movie, so I couldn't tell if that's original music or not. #happily ignorant.

It's the same music throughout mostly, like Star Wars. Star Wars plays it better in the intro, Pirates plays it mostly in fight scenes with the best clearest version of it at the end credits.

#4653 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are the left/right Pearl optos firing as they should? Did one break, or a wire to one break?

How do I check that? Clearly I’m a bit of a newb

#4654 5 years ago

External subwoofer peeps - do you guys just clip on to the speaker terminal at the bottom of the cabinet or is their a special hook up needed?

Just going to be using a PSW10 for both POTC and MBR when they arrive and will get another for my Houdini since the PSW10 only has 2 hookups

#4655 5 years ago

Looking at the update files, they aren't encrypted, they are compressed, then re-compressed. IMG is the first barrier, but the rest are .gz broken up into aa, ab, ac and so on. Looks like the old winrar continuous compressed files. Can't find a decompression program for it yet....

#4656 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Looking at the update files, they aren't encrypted, they are compressed, then re-compressed. IMG is the first barrier, but the rest are .gz broken up into aa, ab, ac and so on. Looks like the old winrar continuous compressed files. Can't find a decompression program for it yet....

That sounds promising.

#4657 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

External subwoofer peeps

I used quick disconnect connectors.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4658 5 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

Ordered mine feb 2 still waiting for them and i am not worried about it.
This is one man and he is getting hammered by everybody! this guy is here to help us.
Stop complaining about wait times!
Without him you have nothing, then what?

Who's complaining?

#4659 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I must be the outside odd duck on this subject. I personally Love the Original sound track JJP created and how its integrated. Building suspense where it needs to be and whimsical in places that are fun. Absolutely brilliant in my opinion. To listen to a sound track Over and Over would drive me batty. Kind of the Only thing I dislike about Munsters at the moment. To me, creating something New is appreciated and creative. To copy and paste a repeating track not so much. But then again I am odd that way.....lol

Same here. All of the music in Pirates fits the theme perfectly and has a pinball vibe to it. If given the option to have the official Pirates theme or the main theme David Thiel did I would take David's version. Same goes for more licensed music versus what David created, much rather have the custom music.

The official main theme would be cool to hear though in the games Break the Curse super wizard mode. If I ever get that far I'll crank it up in the background lol.

#4660 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I used quick disconnect connectors. [quoted image]

So you just clipped on to the subwoofer in the cabinet and ran the wire out the back somehow to the sub right?

#4661 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So you just clipped on to the subwoofer in the cabinet and ran the wire out the back somehow to the sub right?

Yes. Or you can just solder the wires to the sub in the bottom of the cab. There are holes in the bottom near the back of the pin to run the wire out.

#4662 5 years ago

Thanks everyone sounds like an easy hook up, thought so.

#4663 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yes I just crimped alligator clips to speaker wire and run up under the vent screens works fine

#4664 5 years ago

Another friendly reminder: an external sub is highly recommended for this game.

#4665 5 years ago

I must be in the minority because I actually like the films. But really I love the ride so the “generic” aspects of the film intergration are fine with me. I love pirate stuff in general. Loved Black Sails....which would have made a killer adult themed pin! That said I agree with yelobird that the original soundtrack/music that they did for this pin is incredible and I would not want the movie sound now that I have had this. It fits every aspect of the game. Two thumbs way up!

#4666 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I must be in the minority because I actually like the films. But really I love the ride so the “generic” aspects of the film intergration are fine with me. I love pirate stuff in general. Loved Black Sails....which would have made a killer adult themed pin! That said I agree with yelobird that the original soundtrack/music that they did for this pin is incredible and I would not want the movie sound now that I have had this. It fits every aspect of the game. Two thumbs way up!

I agree. I have enjoyed the films as well. I just finished #4 last night. I will watch #5 in the next few days.

Maybe people take them too seriously. They are meant to be light hearted and fun!

#4668 5 years ago

I liked the films as well, with the exception of 4!
Yes just run the wires out of the back under one of the small grills. I suggest quick disconnect only because it is easier to disconnect. That way if you sell pin there is no real tools involved in disconnecting.

#4669 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

External subwoofer peeps - do you guys just clip on to the speaker terminal at the bottom of the cabinet or is their a special hook up needed?
Just going to be using a PSW10 for both POTC and MBR when they arrive and will get another for my Houdini since the PSW10 only has 2 hookups

I've posted about this before. JJP's are just computers. You can easily connect a headphone cable y splitter off of the audio out port on the motherboard. And then just run that to an RCA adapter on the line in on your subwoofer. This is the cleanest way to go. You have no modification to your game. No soldering. And it's the proper way to send signal to a subwoofer. Easy peasy

#4670 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I've posted about this before. JJP's are just computers.

Yep! This made tapping the video screen for my twitch stream pretty easy.

#4671 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I also have not installed cliffys. My game has about 1000 plays on it and here are the map and tortuga holes. They look great. The right side of the map hole has a factory piece of mylar that was installed with a "bubble" so that's the mylar bubble/damage you're seeing, not PF damage.[quoted image][quoted image]

I had the mylar bubble in the same spot and ended up with a large chip that goes past the cliffy I had installed on the map hole. Not saying it will happen to you and hope it does not to anyone else but I would say it's a gamble to not protect it with a cliffy. I'm at work so i cannot post a pic but did a few pages back when I installed the protectors. Honestly, I did not notice a slow down in game play with the protectors...

#4672 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

I had the mylar bubble in the same spot and ended up with a large chip that goes past the cliffy I had installed on the map hole. Not saying it will happen to you and hope it does not to anyone else but I would say it's a gamble to not protect it with a cliffy. I'm at work so i cannot post a pic but did a few pages back when I installed the protectors. Honestly, I did not notice a slow down in game play with the protectors...

Thanks for the heads-up! When I get my JJPOTC this weekend I'll be sure to put a temporary piece of mylar in this area until my Cliffys come in.....

#4673 5 years ago

amazon.com link »
A great deal. It's not 4K, but it looks like only the last two were released in 4k anyway.

May need to order that and a grab a bottle of Captain Morgans Private Stock for the first weekend I have the game!

#4674 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep! This made tapping the video screen for my twitch stream pretty easy.

Oooh, see I said to my friend how the JJP feeds must be direct feed somehow, as their streams, and subsequently your own, are so vibrant compared to the native screen.... unfortunately.

I was meaning to ask you, I had some issues watching your stream on my phone yesterday. Most likely the building and signal I get at work. You haven't happened to have uploaded your prior streams to YouTube, have you?

#4675 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks for the heads-up! When I get my JJPOTC this weekend I'll be sure to put a temporary piece of mylar in this area until my Cliffys come in.....

Is there a place to get mylar either online or offline that's convenient? I'd imagine brick and mortar would be a no go. Is Marco's the easiest or are there other outlets?

#4676 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oooh, see I said to my friend how the JJP feeds must be direct feed somehow, as their streams, and subsequently your own, are so vibrant compared to the native screen.... unfortunately.
I was meaning to ask you, I had some issues watching your stream on my phone yesterday. Most likely the building and signal I get at work. You haven't happened to have uploaded your prior streams to YouTube, have you?

No nothing to YouTube yet. Waiting for a good breakout game!

Try setting your monitor to DCR ON and sRGB color. That really improved the color for me.

I’m visiting my Texas machine this weekend. I’m bringing my streaming gear and will do some streams from there as well as my Star Wars. (Follow twitch.tv/NSPinball)!

#4677 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is there a place to get mylar either online or offline that's convenient? I'd imagine brick and mortar would be a no go. Is Marco's the easiest or are there other outlets?

Pinballlife, Marco, Titan, and others all carry mylar. Pinballlife & Titan have precut 1" square mylar pieces that are perfect for spot protection placement.

#4678 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Pinballlife, Marco, Titan, and others all carry mylar. Pinballlife & Titan have precut 1" square mylar pieces that are perfect for spot protection placement.

The goodie bag includes lots of spare Mylar as well.

#4679 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I've posted about this before. JJP's are just computers. You can easily connect a headphone cable y splitter off of the audio out port on the motherboard. And then just run that to an RCA adapter on the line in on your subwoofer. This is the cleanest way to go. You have no modification to your game. No soldering. And it's the proper way to send signal to a subwoofer. Easy peasy

Cool I like this method for sure. Wish that was the case for hooking up other games too.

Anyone else use the pinnovators kit as I am going to have 3 games in total once my MBRLE shows up and it might be nice to have all 3 hooked up to one sub and their PINsub Multisystem kit seems to do the job. Just have to hack some wires to go from the cab to the 3.5mm jacks on the kit.

#4680 5 years ago

I checked my monitor to see if it's the HDMI (older) or DVI (newer) version. Mine has a DVI screen and the production date is 1.15.2019.

Screen looks great!

#4681 5 years ago

I use 7-Zip

#4682 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I checked my monitor to see if it's the HDMI (older) or DVI (newer) version. Mine has a DVI screen and the production date is 1.15.2019.
Screen looks great!

That screen is bad ass out of the box for sure!

The older HDMI screen disappointed me at first but I’m pretty happy with it after my tweaks. Happy enough not to have screen envy any more.

#4683 5 years ago

Just for general info: I have a DI here and a POTC. The DI is connected with DVI at the monitor and the POTC with HDMI, but the cable that is used in the POTC is just DVI to HDMI so the source of both is DVI therefore no difference.

I tweaked the settings of the monitors (DCR Off, Brightness 41, Contrast 50, Color setting on USER R50, G50, B50) and they now look exactly the same, much less washed out. If you look in the attract mode of POTC there is a screen with just the number of the LE, rest is black. Make sure that screen looks as black and the lettering as white as possible.

My two monitors are now on these settings and they look much better than before.

#4684 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Just for general info: I have a DI here and a POTC. The DI is connected with DVI at the monitor and the POTC with HDMI, but the cable that is used in the POTC is just DVI to HDMI so the source of both is DVI therefore no difference.
I tweaked the settings of the monitors (DCR Off, Brightness 41, Contrast 50, Color setting on USER R50, G50, B50) and they now look exactly the same, much less washed out. If you look in the attract mode of POTC there is a screen with just the number of the LE, rest is black. Make sure that screen looks as black and the lettering as white as possible.
My two monitors are now on these settings and they look much better than before.

Added to the fixes page, thank you!

#4685 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Cool I like this method for sure. Wish that was the case for hooking up other games too.
Anyone else use the pinnovators kit as I am going to have 3 games in total once my MBRLE shows up and it might be nice to have all 3 hooked up to one sub and their PINsub Multisystem kit seems to do the job. Just have to hack some wires to go from the cab to the 3.5mm jacks on the kit.

Actually that is the case for other games. Buy the pinnovators sub out kit and it cleanly allows you to connect a headphone jack cable to your sub. The kit actually comes with a cable.

#4686 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

May need to order that and a grab a bottle of Captain Morgans Private Stock for the first weekend I have the game!

I'm serving Kraken - the "official" POTC grog - for my game's launching!

Kraken Rum (resized).jpgKraken Rum (resized).jpg

#4687 5 years ago

Anyone else have the problem with black pearl is permanently stuck in force calibration test mode?

#4688 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Pinballrestore.com

#4689 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Anyone else have the problem with black pearl is permanently stuck in force calibration test mode?

On power up, the normal behavior is for the ship to rock left and right once. Go into tests and run the ship calibration test yourself. There are two squares which flash green as the optos are triggered. Are both working?

#4690 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

On power up, the normal behavior is for the ship to rock left and right once. Go into tests and run the ship calibration test yourself. There are two squares which flash green as the optos are triggered. Are both working?

When I turn the machine on the ships rocks back and forth I definitely, does not stop. The. Is slowly starts to slow down then eventually stops and starts up again. So I assume that’s the force calibration mode. When I go into the ship test in settings, it shows it’s in force calibration mode and I can see the numbers ticking down and the ship slows down.

#4691 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

When I turn the machine on the ships rocks back and forth I definitely, does not stop. The. Is slowly starts to slow down then eventually stops and starts up again. So I assume that’s the force calibration mode. When I go into the ship test in settings, it shows it’s in force calibration mode and I can see the numbers ticking down and the ship slows down.

And the green opto squares on that screen?

#4692 5 years ago

They are triggering, lighting on and off.

#4693 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

They are triggering, lighting on and off.

Well I’m out of ideas, sorry! Time to contact your distributor.

#4694 5 years ago

Great News!

#4695 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not looking to open this debate again, but I’m a firm believer that dimpling is unavoidable unless you don’t play the machine regardless of manufacturer.
My POTC is dimpling at around the same rate as my Star Wars. No worse no better.

That why I said ~some~ Stern

I have seen Star Wars LEs that dimple like your POTC, hardly at all, I have seen Star Wars Pros that dimple, within days, to something that looks like Jabba the Huts ass..

With Stern it is a roll of the dice, with JJP you get top shelve, always.

I own 3 Stern LEs and 2 Pros, rest premiums, know first hand unfortunately

#4696 5 years ago

Ok, I have no screen in the apron. Turned off and back on still no screen. It is tight at the connection in apron. Going to check at cpu.

#4697 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'm serving Kraken - the "official" POTC grog - for my game's launching!
[quoted image]

Festivities have now been put on indefinite hold. FedEx Freight just called me and informed me that not only are they not delivering my game today as arranged, my POTC never actually arrived in WA State on Monday as I was informed. It is now officially "lost" in their system and they need to manually locate it wherever it is between here and Indiana!

These guys officially win "WORST PINBALL SHIPPER" I have dealt with in shipping and receiving over 70 games in the past 10+ years! Hopefully, it's not damaged too.

ARGH

#4698 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

That why I said ~some~ Stern
I have seen Star Wars LEs that dimple like your POTC, hardly at all, I have seen Star Wars Pros that dimple, within days, to something that looks like Jabba the Huts ass..
With Stern it is a roll of the dice, with JJP you get top shelve, always.
I own 3 Stern LEs and 2 Pros, rest premiums, know first hand unfortunately

Definitely gives a new viewpoint for playing Star Wars the next time I do! I just hope the plunger doesn't resemble Salicious B. Crumb's Schwanz.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Festivities have now been put on indefinite hold. FedEx Freight just called me and informed me that not only are they not delivering my game today as arranged, my POTC never actually arrived in WA State on Monday as I was informed. It is now officially "lost" in their system and they need to manually locate it wherever it is between here and Indiana!
These guys officially win "WORST PINBALL SHIPPER" I have dealt with in shipping and receiving over 70 games in the past 10+ years! Hopefully, it's not damaged too.
ARGH

Oh. Fuck no, that's horrible.

#4699 5 years ago

That totally blows!

#4700 5 years ago

I love that the extra ball shot is challenging to hit.

My question is: what lights extra ball? Usually so much going on, I don't notice what qualifies it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/94?hl=skyrex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.