(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 378.
#4551 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait what?! You get a free manual with the CE? Man i knew i made the right choice
I'm getting excited about joining in the fun with you guys!
Congrats Panzer

Love my CE.

#4552 5 years ago

I swapped the rubber to the left just so I'll have less auto plunge fails!

#4553 5 years ago

Hey all - I've noticed on my POTC that it's almost impossible to make the skill shot into the map hole and even harder if you hit the inner loop first. As the ball rolls around toward the flipper it doesn't ride the outside rail so it tends to be about a 1/2 inch away from the flipper. The shot into the hole requires flipping very early (toward to top of the flipper) and with the gap between the ball and the flipper there's not enough strength and the ball usually lobs into the gold targets. I've tried to make that skill shot hundreds of times and it almost never works. Making the inner loop is not problem. My game is level left/right and pitched a bit steeper than the default. Anyone else notice this with the skill shot?

#4554 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey all - I've noticed on my POTC that it's almost impossible to make the skill shot into the map hole and even harder if you hit the inner loop first. As the ball rolls around toward the flipper it doesn't ride the outside rail so it tends to be about a 1/2 inch away from the flipper. The shot into the hole requires flipping very early (toward to top of the flipper) and with the gap between the ball and the flipper there's not enough strength and the ball usually lobs into the gold targets. I've tried to make that skill shot hundreds of times and it almost never works. Making the inner loop is not problem. My game is level left/right and pitched a bit steeper than the default. Anyone else notice this with the skill shot?

How about a stronger shooter/manual plunger spring....Orange or Purple spring should make the ball hug that rail better.

#4555 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Maybe try adjusting the angle of the upper flipper. When I received my LE (before i bought my CE), a regular plunge around that I didn't use the upper flipper on would go straight down the middle. Once I adjusted the flipper, the ball was guided to the right flipper.

#4556 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I swapped the rubber to the left just so I'll have less auto plunge fails!

I dropped the autoplunge power a couple points and that seems to have stopped it. I was getting lots of autoplunge fails last night on my stream and did this afterward.

I noticed a very slight lift on the right rail at the end of the shooter lane, presumably bending that would address the issue at any power level. But for now the power fix is working.

#4557 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

When you pull the plunger and release, does the autoplunger fork jump? If so, they are contacting each other and robbing your shooting power. Adjust the shooter until it stops.

#4558 5 years ago

HI all
In case anyone was interested..we just realsed our new PinBlade design for this amazing game.

You can see more here.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinblades-jersey-jack-pinball

Thanks!
joe

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 5.13.57 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-25 at 5.13.57 PM (resized).png
#4559 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When you pull the plunger and release, does the autoplunger fork jump? If so, they are contacting each other and robbing your shooting power. Adjust the shooter until it stops.

I'll have to check. Thanks for all the feedback.

#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Awesome! Here is it’s brother #165 in Sydney/Australia! [quoted image]

LOL.. 169 was the other choice I had.. talk about separated at birth

#4561 5 years ago

So what's best way to adjust gate at top of black pearl ramp I'm had it bind up it seems and ball comes back down sdtm

#4562 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone from JJP will read this but I was thinking how cool it would be if a "Pirate Hunter" mode was implemented into the game.

Basically this mode would be ongoing during normal play and award a bounty for knocking out the grand champion and / or 1st - 3rd high scores. Maybe the current high score champions picture would appear using the high score player wanted pirate posters already in the game. Knock a high score out and a bounty is then placed on you for someone else to beat!

Maybe even give players the option to contribute gold and or points to the bounty to increase it. Another option would be to allow the bounty to grow with the more time has passed.

#4563 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

HI all
In case anyone was interested..we just realsed our new PinBlade design for this amazing game.
You can see more here.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinblades-jersey-jack-pinball
Thanks!
joe
[quoted image]

Aww man and I just ordered and received the other ones you sell. Now to decide which I like better.

#4564 5 years ago

I am banging my head against the wall. Can't find pearl removal instructions anywhere. Not in the manual, etc.

My NIB LE left Pearl flipper is binding....grrrrr

#4565 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Can't find pearl removal instructions anywhere.

Look at the back of the wall of the rear of the playfield. Pull out the large clip and lower the metal piece hooking the motor to the black pearl playfield. See picture. Remove the white nylon spacer and set somewhere safe.

Then between the black pearl playfield and rear wall, look straight down. See the allen head ( 1/8th ) sticking up, remove it. Grab the black pearl and pull straight back towards the rear of the game, moving it off it's two pivot points, then lift up and set on it's left side. Set it on a towel or something to protect stuff. Now you can work on it.

If you want to completely remove it. First lift main playfield up and lean back. Find the big hole where cables are coming down from the black pearl. You might have to cut a cable tie or two. Disconnect a few connectors and three opto connectors. Then the whole shebang can be lifted out.

LTG : )

potcship (resized).jpegpotcship (resized).jpeg
#4566 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I am banging my head against the wall. Can't find pearl removal instructions anywhere. Not in the manual, etc.
My NIB LE left Pearl flipper is binding....grrrrr

I bet it isn’t gapped properly. You should be able to access the pawl nut for the flipper without removing the pearl and do your adjustments. I recommend watching LTG flipper gap video earlier in the thread as well as Butch Peel’s flipper video on the JJP site.

#4567 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I recommend watching ltg flipper gap video

Quoted from zaphX:

as well as Butch Peel’s flipper video

#4568 5 years ago

Thanks @ltg!!

#4569 5 years ago

That ship mech is a beast. When I was at the factory the other day, I held one. It must weigh over 5#.

#4570 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Decided to place an order for an LE this week! Game will be replacing a Star Wars LE that I sold over the weekend.
Thanks everyone for the feedback about code, troubleshooting, etc. Pirates comes across as a pin that has everything to offer, an accumulation of the best of pinball in a way. The high number of shots, pirate character feature, code depth, and variety of different strategies have sold me on the game.

I sold the exact same game before I bought my Pirates! You will be much happier with this one. I enjoyed Star Wars for a bit but this game is on a whole different level. Just so incredible on all levels. I wish Star Wars could have been this great.

I just rewatched the movies as well. For me 1,4,5,2,3. I do love the maelstrom in 3 but it was a weird and disjointed movie. Not high art but enjoy them for the mindless diversions that they are.

#4571 5 years ago

My favorite LTG video!

#4572 5 years ago

Hey guys, thanks for all the info! Got the Pearl flipper sorted, now balls won't release from the chest...anyone run into this?

#4573 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Hey guys, thanks for all the info! Got the Pearl flipper sorted, now balls won't release from the chest...anyone run into this?

Try adjusting the speed of the chest release. I believe it’s in the coil settings screen.

#4574 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

How about a stronger shooter/manual plunger spring....Orange or Purple spring should make the ball hug that rail better.

I never had a problem with the ball not hugging the outer rail to that flipper, but I did have a problem with what seemed to be too weak of a shooter spring. I did put in a stiffer spring and it’s much netter and harder to hit the map hole or even the back of the ship skill shots.

#4575 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

When mb starts or at the end of a game? At the end of a game you need to wait for the game over screen for them to be released.

#4576 5 years ago

I know this has been brought up before, but what kind of balls are you guys using? I have tried Marcos and Titan's and the both magnetized and were unplayable in a matter of 1-2 games. The factory ones worked fine, but got all dinged up from hitting a rail I had to modify. Any suggestions?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=70

The balls got so magnetized that they would stick in the trough AND in the chest. The chest coil would open to allow the balls to roll out, but they would just sit there!

#4577 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

When mb starts or at the end of a game? At the end of a game you need to wait for the game over screen for them to be released.

It's always. I can hear the coil trying to activate, but the balls don't come out.

#4578 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Doh! I did this on my first machine. Been ok so far but at least it’s a cheap part.
Thanks for the writeup! There are at least 3 different faults around this button that I know of so far:
1. The shaft itself binding in the sleeve
2. The button extending in between the switch and getting stuck, fixed by bending the switch
3. The button having a burr that binds in the button housing, which you have documented excellently
I’ve also been made aware of another fault with this button by imagamejunky - the button plunger has a flared end to keep it from popping out. This gets worn over time and the button starts riding higher and higher until it eventually pops out.
Honestly this button seems to be a crappy part in general. I’m thinking I will just find a replacement clear leaf button.

These buttons seems really crappy quality.
It didn't last one week on location.
I installed a new white button and fixed it with a normal nut. This setup keeps up since 2 month now.
However the white button insn´t looking that nice...

Aktion-Button JJP Pirates Bünzow (resized).jpgAktion-Button JJP Pirates Bünzow (resized).jpg
#4579 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

know this has been brought up before, but what kind of balls are you guys using?

Big ones.

#4580 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

It's always. I can hear the coil trying to activate, but the balls don't come out.

Maybe the balls got magnitized? Are you using original balls?

#4581 5 years ago

I dont know what’s wrong with me but I cannot for the life of me figure out the constellations. Has anyone tried dumbing them down? Anyone know some good settings for the star field that will help?

#4582 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Maybe the balls got magnitized? Are you using original balls?

Using Marco balls....that might make sense. Will throw the balls that came with it in. THANK YOU!

#4583 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Using Marco balls....that might make sense. Will throw the balls that came with it in. THANK YOU!

Huh. I just swapped in those Marco balls a week ago and haven’t had them magnetize yet.

They were specifically listed as resistant to magnetism.

#4584 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

what kind of balls are you guys using?

Any recommendations for black balls? It might be cool if they looked like cannonballs.

#4585 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Aww man and I just ordered and received the other ones you sell. Now to decide which I like better.

Joe only sells this blade design. The other design was from his competitor.

#4586 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Any recommendations for black balls? It might be cool if they looked like cannonballs.

https://www.backalleycreations.com/collections/black-pearl-pinball-balls Matt would be a good choice.

#4587 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Joe only sells this blade design. The other design was from his competitor.

Well don't I look silly now

#4588 5 years ago

Ball Baron carbon balls work great.

#4589 5 years ago

Folks, I am going in on a POTC later this year. I have now had 3 separate people tell me that JJP is going to stop producing these games.

What is the basis for that? Nobody’s been able to point to anything concrete. This game knocks my socks off so I’m definitely in!

#4590 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Folks, I am going in on a POTC later this year. I have now had 3 separate people tell me that JJP is going to stop producing these games.
What is the basis for that? Nobody’s been able to point to anything concrete. This game knocks my socks off so I’m definitely in!

I think at the very least, not buying an entire set of new parts. Seems parts buying can be a multi-million dollar process. I remember watching the Buffalo Pinball tour at JJP, and Jack stated how expensive parts allocated there cost.

And from what others on here have stated, not getting the license renewed. Which I'd wonder if they were supposed to produce games from March 2017 to March 2019?

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The basis is that the distributors (myself and others) were told from JJP DIRECTLY that production would stop. It is not hearsay, rumor, or speculation. This is what we were told. Another run of woz, then on to game 5, then game 6. At this time we (the distributors) have not be told if another run will ever come, so we are assuming that it will not.

Regardless, get the game because YOU want it, not because of any other reason.

#4592 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I dont know what’s wrong with me but I cannot for the life of me figure out the constellations. Has anyone tried dumbing them down? Anyone know some good settings for the star field that will help?

What I did was every time I hit a constellation by accident (I listened for the chime to come on) I then looked up at the animation. The animation displayed the pattern more clearly, and then in the future I noted what the constellation looked like on the star field and eventually after repeating this a lot I figured it out. I suppose a nice thing for one of us to do would be to create a gallery of pics corresponding the constellations to the shots. But it’s also fun to figure them all out on my own.

#4593 5 years ago

Got a few games on mine tonight. Action button not giving me any issues but the shooter is. It does not look aligned properly. Whether I manual plunge or Auto plunge it doesn't make it all the way around the loop. I assume the whole assembly needs to be moved over? It looks a little too far to the left. Any input would be appreciated. Would have thought they would have worked that out by now.

20190226_195659 (resized).jpg20190226_195659 (resized).jpg
#4594 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Got a few games on mine tonight. Action button not giving me any issues but the shooter is. It does not look aligned properly. Whether I manual plunge or Auto plunge it doesn't make it all the way around the loop. I assume the whole assembly needs to be moved over? It looks a little too far to the left. Any input would be appreciated. Would have thought they would have worked that out by now.
[quoted image]

There is a bracket under the playfield that holds the coil and autoplunger. See if it’s bent or misaligned. Once things look better left to right, confirm that empty manual plunges do not cause the autoplunger to kick. They should not contact each other.

Also check the rails in the shooter lane and ensure they are flat and not bent upward.

#4595 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

[quoted image]

That can happen in shipping. Doesn’t mean it’s something to work out.

#4596 5 years ago

Just joined the club #220. Few questions..does the start button have a light ? Mine is not lighting. Wires are connected.

When does the map spin? Played a few fast games never saw it spin once.

Vuk in front of pops ejected ball so hard it hit the glass.. you guys turning down the power ? It happen on once but caught my attention.

Lastly un boxing 4 loose t nuts fell out of the box..i looked under the game and none are missing...i have no idea were they came from

Game looks,sounds awesome...i have no idea what i am doing but it seems fun....lol. feb 19 build date on game. Thanks

20190226_190304 (resized).jpg20190226_190304 (resized).jpg
#4597 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I dumbed mine down and still haven't figured it out. I do keep forgetting to look at it frequently during play though.

#4598 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just joined the club #220. Few questions..does the start button have a light ? Mine is not lighting. Wires are connected.
When does the map spin? Played a few fast games never saw it spin once.
Vuk in front of pops ejected ball so hard it hit the glass.. you guys turning down the power ? It happen on once but caught my attention.
Lastly un boxing 4 loose t nuts fell out of the box..i looked under the game and none are missing...i have no idea were they came from
Game looks,sounds awesome...i have no idea what i am doing but it seems fun....lol. feb 19 build date on game. Thanks

Those nuts might be for the topper

#4599 5 years ago

Yesterday I added this Pearl deck mod from Mezel. Thought I would post because I haven't seen it on this thread before. I think it looks like it was supposed to be there originally.

20190225_164550 (resized).jpg20190225_164550 (resized).jpg20190225_171403 (resized).jpg20190225_171403 (resized).jpg
#4600 5 years ago

How do you take the tom off to tighten tortuga screws?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/92?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.