(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 377.
#4501 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Not sure if this is a problem but my ship seems to only be moving from center to the left. In test, it sways fully from right to left. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Check further back in this thread, there is an adjustment on the linkage that can be done behind the playfield backboard.

#4502 5 years ago

Decided to place an order for an LE this week! Game will be replacing a Star Wars LE that I sold over the weekend.

Thanks everyone for the feedback about code, troubleshooting, etc. Pirates comes across as a pin that has everything to offer, an accumulation of the best of pinball in a way. The high number of shots, pirate character feature, code depth, and variety of different strategies have sold me on the game.

#4503 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Check further back in this thread, there is an adjustment on the linkage that can be done behind the playfield backboard.

Thank you but can't seem to find the post, happen to have a link to it?

#4504 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

There is a pin that pokes through the back of the playfield. See if it it striking the top or bottom of this slot. If it is, slide the playfield out to the last service position. You will see a flat metal arm behind the playfield with two screws. Loosen and adjust so full range of motion is restored. Then run ship calibration test.

#4505 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

This post shows the bar that needs adjusting:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/66#post-4816972

#4506 5 years ago

Thanks so much! I'll give it a shot..

#4507 5 years ago

Anyone get the upper deck pearl mod from menzelmods? Are you happy with the way it looks?

#4508 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Decided to place an order for an LE this week! Game will be replacing a Star Wars LE that I sold over the weekend.
Thanks everyone for the feedback about code, troubleshooting, etc. Pirates comes across as a pin that has everything to offer, an accumulation of the best of pinball in a way. The high number of shots, pirate character feature, code depth, and variety of different strategies have sold me on the game.

Congrats! Will fit nicely with your pin collection. Sadly I fear this game will go down in history for rarity rather than the incredible gameplay which is sad. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get it.

#4509 5 years ago

Just got the call, my LE will be delivered tomorrow morning!

#4510 5 years ago

Bad news, good news on my incoming POTC:

Just found out that delivery is not happening today as planned and is now rescheduled for this Weds.

Extra two days gives me time to watch the 5th, and last for me (thank God!), POTC movie before I "weigh anchor and hoist the sails" on me new treasure! Arrrr!

#4511 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Extra two days gives me time to watch the 5th, and last for me (thank God!), POTC movie before I "weigh anchor and hoist the sails" on me new treasure! Arrrr!

Those movies really are a slog, aren’t they?

I think a good community effort would be documenting each chapter title from the game with a few sentences explaining what happened. It’s something I’ve considered taking on but I just can’t deal with watching movies 2-5 again. I haven’t even finished 5.

#4512 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think a good community effort would be documenting each chapter title from the game with a few sentences explaining what happened. It’s something I’ve considered taking on but I just can’t deal with watching movies 2-5 again. I haven’t even finished 5.

For me 1 - 2 were the best, followed by 5, with 3 and 4 as the worst. I actually found 5 to be somewhat entertaining. I finally watched 5 recently and really had not planned to until I purchased this game. You just have to go into these films with no plans to take them seriously.

#4513 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For me 1 - 2 were the best, followed by 5, with 3 and 4 as the worst. I actually found 5 to be somewhat entertaining. I finally watched 5 recently and really had not planned to until I purchased this game. You just have to go into these films with no plans to take them seriously.

Is 5 the one that opens with the safe robbery?

#4514 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is 5 the one that opens with the safe robbery?

Yes

#4515 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They are a bit of a slog, but I'm glad I've made the effort to watch them as you learn good info (as well as misc trivia) which has been incorporated into the game such as:

* the significance of the various movie scene and wizard modes
* what the "nine pieces of eight" are
* who each of the featured 22 characters is
* what the "ship in the bottle" topper represents
* what all those great Mod Couple mods, such as Jack the Monkey, are based on
* etc., etc., etc.

#4516 5 years ago

4 was ok not good not terrible but 3 was hands down the biggest waste of time ever horrifyingly bad.

#4517 5 years ago

What are you people expecting re. the POTC movies? Citizen Kane? They are just light hearted, tongue in cheek, romps meant as nothing more than amusing adventure themed diversions. If you can't enjoy them as nothing more than that, it is your loss.

#4518 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

They are a bit of a slog, but I'm glad I've made the effort to watch them as you learn good info (as well as misc trivia) which has been incorporated into the game

I agree completely. Watching them really helped me understand the references and made me appreciate how hard they worked with what they had.

#4519 5 years ago

I re-watched them recently and found myself really enjoying #4. I'd say it is my second favorite. I just can't stand Elizabeth after the first one. Just don't buy that she could hold her own against all those pirates and monsters...she's so tiny. I really do enjoy how #5 ties everything together.

#4520 5 years ago

Number 167 in the house! Quick question as I set it up. How high do you guys have your back legs jacked up? I know Stern is almost flat anymore and I look at Wizard of Oz that I have and it's pretty high

20190225_184424 (resized).jpg20190225_184424 (resized).jpg
#4521 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Number 167 in the house! Quick question as I set it up. How high do you guys have your back legs jacked up? I know Stern is almost flat anymore and I look at Wizard of Oz that I have and it's pretty high
[quoted image]

I started with all 4 levelers spun all the way down, then adjusted to 2nd line on bubble level and side to side with a hand level.

#4522 5 years ago

My back ones are about halfway up

#4523 5 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4524 5 years ago

I am interested to know what other folks shooter lanes look like?
Mine has that cool, darkened wood look!

#4525 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Not mine...but I love that look!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4526 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

So basically what you are saying is you've shown us yours now you want us to show you ours?

#4527 5 years ago

Manual arrived today. Wow. Well done JJP. Weighs three pounds. Great glossy paper.

3D678F4F-20E4-4633-A32B-AC80ED165711 (resized).jpeg3D678F4F-20E4-4633-A32B-AC80ED165711 (resized).jpeg8F677DE4-0B86-42C5-AC1C-C764D182849D (resized).jpeg8F677DE4-0B86-42C5-AC1C-C764D182849D (resized).jpeg
#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

What are you people expecting re. the POTC movies? Citizen Kane? They are just light hearted, tongue in cheek, romps meant as nothing more than amusing adventure themed diversions. If you can't enjoy them as nothing more than that, it is your loss.

I hear Deeproot is making Citizen Kane the pinball. Rosebud is the wizard mode where you have to go back in time to save your sled.

#4529 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Manual arrived today. Wow. Well done JJP. Weighs three pounds. Great glossy paper.
[quoted image][quoted image]

9500 and I have to pay another 100 for a manual ? that steams my ass...............order placed..

#4530 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I hear Deeproot is making Citizen Kane the pinball. Rosebud is the wizard mode where you have to go back in time to save your sled.

WOW - nothing says pinball more than Citizen Kane!

#4531 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

One dark one light. It’s a real wood product with natural variations. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#4532 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

9500 and I have to pay another 100 for a manual ? that steams my ass...............order placed..

At least you didn’t spend $3k more to get it for free....

#4533 5 years ago
15511505956913742121422996761027 (resized).jpg15511505956913742121422996761027 (resized).jpg
#4534 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

At least you didn’t spend $3k more to get it for free....

Wait what?! You get a free manual with the CE? Man i knew i made the right choice

I'm getting excited about joining in the fun with you guys!

Congrats Panzer

#4535 5 years ago

forgive me if it's been asked. In Liars Dice, what is betting souls all about (besides from the movie)!

#4536 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I love the way mine looks, it has a really cool sheen in different lighting.

EB61CB83-C5D5-4CC7-B60D-34DD69EF716E (resized).jpegEB61CB83-C5D5-4CC7-B60D-34DD69EF716E (resized).jpeg
#4537 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

[quoted image]

Does leaving the rubber off the post on the right outline (escape the locker). make it harder or easier to get back to the shooter lane! JJP has a extra rubber in the goodie bag...

#4538 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I love the way mine looks, it has a really cool sheen in different lighting.[quoted image]

That looks sweet!

#4539 5 years ago

I love the way that darkened wood looks in the shooter lane!

#4540 5 years ago

How do you light liars dice? I've played a bunch of games and haven't seen it.

#4541 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wait what?! You get a free manual with the CE? Man i knew i made the right choice
I'm getting excited about joining in the fun with you guys!
Congrats Panzer

Whoa - wait! What was I thinking SETTLING for an LE?!

#4542 5 years ago

It’s added to the available pirate lane awards after four are collected unless you’re Davy Jones then it’s available right away pretty much

#4543 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you light liars dice? I've played a bunch of games and haven't seen it.

Choose Davey Jones as your character. Otherwise, odds are, unless you have a good game, you won't see it.

#4544 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Does leaving the rubber off the post on the right outline (escape the locker). make it harder or easier to get back to the shooter lane! JJP has a extra rubber in the goodie bag...

I took it off it's easier with it off I think.

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

forgive me if it's been asked. In Liars Dice, what is betting souls all about (besides from the movie)!

I can’t figure this one out yet either but I am curious

#4546 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I can’t figure this one out yet either but I am curious

It’s characters collected, which affects your wizard modes.

#4547 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I took it off it's easier with it off I think.

By design. If you put the rubber on the Left post that makes it fairly easy to "escape the lot" to the shooter lane. If moved to the right post, fairly difficult to save but possible. During my learning phase I opt for the easier option as I rather enjoy challenging the tilt warning. lol

#4548 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Swapped it from right to left. Made it easier to escape!

#4549 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I love the way mine looks, it has a really cool sheen in different lighting.[quoted image]

Looks awesome! My one doesn’t even have a level?

#4550 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

[quoted image]

Awesome! Here is it’s brother #165 in Sydney/Australia!

3F97627F-E910-4C06-98C5-DC2765661671 (resized).jpeg3F97627F-E910-4C06-98C5-DC2765661671 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/91?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.