(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 378.
#4451 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Do not use WD40 products as they are not lubricants and Will in time make things gum up.

Doh! I did this on my first machine. Been ok so far but at least it’s a cheap part.

Thanks for the writeup! There are at least 3 different faults around this button that I know of so far:

1. The shaft itself binding in the sleeve
2. The button extending in between the switch and getting stuck, fixed by bending the switch
3. The button having a burr that binds in the button housing, which you have documented excellently

I’ve also been made aware of another fault with this button by imagamejunky - the button plunger has a flared end to keep it from popping out. This gets worn over time and the button starts riding higher and higher until it eventually pops out.

Honestly this button seems to be a crappy part in general. I’m thinking I will just find a replacement clear leaf button.

#4452 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Doh! I did this on my first machine. Been ok so far but at least it’s a cheap part.
Thanks for the writeup! There are at least 3 different faults around this button that I know of so far:
1. The shaft itself binding in the sleeve
2. The button extending in between the switch and getting stuck, fixed by bending the switch
3. The button having a burr that binds in the button housing, which you have documented excellently
I’ve also been made aware of another fault with this button by imagamejunky - the button plunger has a flared end to keep it from popping out. This gets worn over time and the button starts riding higher and higher until it eventually pops out.
Honestly this button seems to be a crappy part in general. I’m thinking I will just find a replacement clear leaf button.

The only contradiction I would make to that is IF the screw is in the end of the button it can't technically come out by design. The shaft pre-flare actually measures over .025" clearance which should never bind. I came to this solution as most would agree the issue is when the button is pressed it rarely returns back to the Up position. This fix should more then solve that. If you adjust the factory screw and switch to perfectly contact this should resolve it permanently. Or at least I hope so as this is pinball....lol

#4453 5 years ago

I am actually thinking of trying my button in Star Trek on potc. I like the spring action better on Star Trek. If it fits I will order one from PBL.

#4454 5 years ago

Ok, so this little screw that holds the lever arm to the plate on the chest eject fell off last night (of course while I have guests again). I can't find the screw, I'm hoping it's under the chest as I can't find it anywhere else. It seems I won't be able to screw this back in without removing the chest. How do I go about this? This looks like it's going to be a royal pain for a tiny little screw.

20190224_155321 (resized).jpg20190224_155321 (resized).jpg

#4455 5 years ago

The fork for my chest stopped working. I look inside and find an assortment of parts. I can see what it’s supposed to do, but so far I’m missing the little metal tube that goes in the plastic tube that fits inside the washer (which is also missing).

Really questioning how some of these mechs are built. I still have shooter rod problems, even with adjustment, the top of the rubber clips the auto plunger fork. And the auto plunger seems to barely be able to get the ball around cleanly. Guess I’ll keep working on it instead of playing.

5B46F9CD-06D8-4195-8130-171766F3BDD9 (resized).jpeg5B46F9CD-06D8-4195-8130-171766F3BDD9 (resized).jpeg
#4456 5 years ago

Installed my cliffies yesterday! Very happy with these.

B626AA65-E84D-4413-BE62-1D4654CFA66F (resized).jpegB626AA65-E84D-4413-BE62-1D4654CFA66F (resized).jpeg1012EBE3-412F-4392-AED6-2B1CED95FDA1 (resized).jpeg1012EBE3-412F-4392-AED6-2B1CED95FDA1 (resized).jpegD7888EB4-8B79-4295-95D1-65E8A4F45E62 (resized).jpegD7888EB4-8B79-4295-95D1-65E8A4F45E62 (resized).jpeg
#4457 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, so this little screw that holds the lever arm to the plate on the chest eject fell off last night (of course while I have guests again). I can't find the screw, I'm hoping it's under the chest as I can't find it anywhere else. It seems I won't be able to screw this back in without removing the chest. How do I go about this? This looks like it's going to be a royal pain for a tiny little screw.
[quoted image]

Look at my post #2251

#4458 5 years ago

Big shoutout to yeobird aka mod couple. I installed my disc silencer mod today. All I can say is wow! I can’t hear that disc anymore. I actually like when the disc is running now. Before, it was SO LIUD and annoying. If you’re going to do any mod to your game, do this.

#4459 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Big shoutout to yeobird aka mod couple. I installed my disc silencer mod today. All I can say is wow! I can’t hear that disc anymore. I actually like when the disc is running now. Before, it was SO LIUD and annoying. If you’re going to do any mod to your game, do this.

Well thanks for that much appreciated and glad it improved your game. It makes plundering easier in silence.....lol

#4460 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

The fork for my chest stopped working. I look inside and find an assortment of parts. I can see what it’s supposed to do, but so far I’m missing the little metal tube that goes in the plastic tube that fits inside the washer (which is also missing).
Really questioning how some of these mechs are built. I still have shooter rod problems, even with adjustment, the top of the rubber clips the auto plunger fork. And the auto plunger seems to barely be able to get the ball around cleanly. Guess I’ll keep working on it instead of playing.[quoted image]

Below is the section for the fork ramp assembly from the manual, page C-30. Looks like the entire mech should drop out with 5 screws. Part, 17, 27, and 28 appear to those you found. There's 4 sets total for the mech, the others or any missing part could still be attached or laying somewhere on the assembly.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#4461 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Looks like the entire chest mech can be removed with 2 screws? 1 on top and another under the playfield, can't tell for sure. From page C-60 of manual. Based on the manual picture screw 21 came lose and fell off, it's likely somewhere under the chest like you mentioned if it hasn't fallen into the cabinet. Those tiny screws can also get caught up in the wire hardness as well. With the mech removed I would remove both and thread back with some blue Loctite.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#4462 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Below is the section for the fork ramp assembly from the manual, page C-30. Looks like the entire mech should drop out with 5 screws. Part, 17, 27, and 28 appear to those you found. There's 4 sets total for the mech, the others or any missing part could still be attached or laying somewhere on the assembly.
[quoted image]

Yep, already fixed. I appreciate the help though. Just annoying. Hoping for no issues for awhile.

#4463 5 years ago
Quoted from cbdarden:

Yep, already fixed. I appreciate the help though. Just annoying. Hoping for no issues for awhile.

Cool. I'm considering purchasing a Pirates so figured I might as well see if some of these reported issues are major pains to fix lol. A lot of these issues seem quality control related. JJP should really be using blue Locktite on some of the screws for assemblies that are getting beat with a pinball. Thankfully JJP does an incredible job with their manuals.

#4464 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Look at my post #2251

Indeed that is my problem. Did you have to remove the chest for this fix? Also, did you have to remove the solenoid completely (desolder then solder it back?)

EDIT: Never mind, I got it out. Now I just need to find that screw...

#4465 5 years ago

So any further info on this rumored Tortuga replacement VUK part? Granted its a Pinside rumor and I haven't had any issue with it just wondering if there was something JJP identified that we missed?

#4466 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The only contradiction I would make to that is IF the screw is in the end of the button it can't technically come out by design. The shaft pre-flare actually measures over .025" clearance which should never bind.

I checked mine and sure enough I have already worn through the little plastic flare, and the screw is the only thing keeping it together. Since the only side effect is the button rides slightly higher than normal, I am fine with this.

#4467 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Rules question: Sometimes I have to requalify for chapters after a drain. Sometimes the qualified chapters stay lit. Why is that?

- if you lose a ball during a mode, when you next plunge there will be nothing qualified
- if you lose a ball between modes, the skulls you’ve already lit should remain lit on the next plunge, and if there were any lit then Chapter Start should be ready as well

#4468 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Leaning towards ordering a Pirates LE this week but have some code related questions.
Do the 5 movie wizard modes in Pirates play like those in other Keith Johnson games such as LOTR, WOZ, and TH in the sense of them being two ball multiballs that work the entire playfield in interesting ways? Do some or all of the wizard modes have multiple stages? Sounds like none of them have a big set piece moment currently when they are completed? By set piece moment I mean the machine going nuts, flippers killed, etc when a wizard mode is completed. Hopefully that is added in a future code update.
Also, can the games multiballs be beat or do you just keep hitting jackpot shots until one ball remains?
I know there's gameplay videos out there of the wizard modes being played but I want to avoid seeing and reading details about them.

- the 5 movie wizard modes are single ball wizard modes. Though they are still early code, they are awesome wizard modes that work the playfield in different ways. I like the balance of single ball wizard modes, given the numerous Multiballs already in the game
- some have multiple stages but aren’t fully coded yet (I think movie 4 wizard mode, for example)
- no set piece moment as you describe that I have seen
- Multiballs cannot be ‘beat’. Though the value in getting as many super jackpots as you can is that it makes the wizard mode associated with that same Multiball pathway more valuable if you can get to it.

#4469 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So any further info on this rumored Tortuga replacement VUK part? Granted its a Pinside rumor and I haven't had any issue with it just wondering if there was something JJP identified that we missed?

Chris was trying to get one for me. My VUK has never worked right.

#4470 5 years ago

I asked this question before and nobody responded. I was kind of hoping that Eric would comment since he's on this thread sometimes.

This game is a blast and I'm not saying that it isn't. However I think it's too easy to get multi balls. And I think I would enjoy the game more if it was more difficult to get multi balls. Is there a way to turn off stacking? I know I'm probably going to get flak for this and that's ok. I don't want to have a game with three four or five multiballs all going at once so frequently. How about a setting that allows you to play one chapter and stack one multiball?

Also I can't tell that installing a difficulty preset is making any difference in the settings. Are these presets even functioning on this game in the current code?

#4471 5 years ago

Ok, I feel dumb for this one, but is there an easy way to get the plastic back on the rubber nubs. I'm pushing, twisting, even tried using my fingernails to grip it. No dice

20190224_181741 (resized).jpg20190224_181741 (resized).jpg

#4472 5 years ago

Ok, I feel dumb for this one, but is there an easy way to get the plastic back on the rubber nubs. I'm pushing, twisting, even tried using my fingernails to grip it. No dice
[quoted image]

Never a dumb question we are all learning here. Dumb answer though, have you considered a bit of spit on the numb to coax it on? lol

#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never a dumb question we are all learning here. Dumb answer though, have you considered a bit of spit on the numb to coax it on? lol

I think help it get in the hole not on ...

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Installed my cliffies yesterday! Very happy with these.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How long ago did you order those ? I'm still waiting..
I ordered jan 31.

#4475 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I asked this question before and nobody responded. I was kind of hoping that Eric would comment since he's on this thread sometimes.
This game is a blast and I'm not saying that it isn't. However I think it's too easy to get multi balls. And I think I would enjoy the game more if it was more difficult to get multi balls. Is there a way to turn off stacking? I know I'm probably going to get flak for this and that's ok. I don't want to have a game with three four or five multiballs all going at once so frequently. How about a setting that allows you to play one chapter and stack one multiball?
Also I can't tell that installing a difficulty preset is making any difference in the settings. Are these presets even functioning on this game in the current code?

I was thinking about that too but I think the ruleset is designed to allow just about everything to stack. The multiball modes in Pirates all have their own unique shot(s) to score jackpots. When a second, third, etc multiball is stacked shots for jackpots do not overlap which is pretty cool due to each multiball having their own unique shots. Still, giving players the option to turn multiball stacking off would be nice.

#4476 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was thinking about that too but I think the ruleset is designed to allow just about everything to stack. The multiball modes in Pirates all have their own unique shot(s) to score jackpots. When a second, third, etc multiball is stacked shots for jackpots do not overlap which is pretty cool due to each multiball having their own unique shots. Still, giving players the option to turn multiball stacking off would be nice.

I agree. The multi balls are a bit too much.

#4477 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Tried spit. When that didn't work I tried a bit of cooking oil. Still no good.

#4478 5 years ago

Tried spit. When that didn't work I tried a bit of cooking oil. Still no good.

It looks like the ends have been removed, I have used them in the past and they have little stems attached as you pull them through the hole it stretches them thinner to fit through the hole. They probably cut them off so they don't stick up. you may need new ones . but if its just holding t he plastic you could probably use some screws or something else.

#4479 5 years ago

I enlisted my wife's help for ideas and she used this tool to pull it through. It's a pore cleaner from the beauty isle.

20190224_194224 (resized).jpg20190224_194224 (resized).jpg
#4480 5 years ago

I enlisted my wife's help for ideas and she used this tool to pull it through. It's a pore cleaner from the beauty isle.
[quoted image]

Every now and then the wife can surprise you with a good idea

#4481 5 years ago

Did Lloyd or Butch make a video about taking the ship out yet? I need to adjust a flipper and a video would be helpful.

#4482 5 years ago

Did Lloyd or Butch make a video about taking the ship out yet? I need to adjust a flipper and a video would be helpful.

Not yet, but you can adjust both flippers without removing the Pearl with thre playfield in the last service position.

#4483 5 years ago

Did Lloyd or Butch make a video about taking the ship out yet?

Butch has made all the JJP videos. Well done, nice quality. He's working on it, so I don't want to step on any toes.

The ones I've done have been for PPS/CGC remakes, and aren't of the same quality.

LTG : )

#4484 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not yet, but you can adjust both flippers without removing the Pearl with thre playfield in the last service position.

Nice! I should be able to do it pretty easily then!

#4485 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

- if you lose a ball during a mode, when you next plunge there will be nothing qualified
- if you lose a ball between modes, the skulls you’ve already lit should remain lit on the next plunge, and if there were any lit then Chapter Start should be ready as well

Thanks. So it's basically just a bit more punishment if you loose the ball during a chapter.

Wouldn't it be better to have a thread about technical issues and a separate thread about rules questions? At the moment it's all mixed together here. But mostly it's technical stuff...

#4486 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Wouldn't it be better to have a thread about technical issues and a separate thread about rules questions? At the moment it's all mixed together here. But mostly it's technical stuff...

Owner's threads are usually general-purpose and cover about anything related to a game. There is at least one thread about PotC rules, though:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simple-explanations-of-basic-goals-in-jjp-s-pirates-of-the-caribbean

#4487 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

How long ago did you order those ? I'm still waiting..
I ordered jan 31.

I ordered in January sometime. Drop him another email as a reminder, that’s what worked for me.

#4488 5 years ago

The square multi ball indicators above the flippers have small rectangular lights above them. What do those represent?

#4489 5 years ago

Got ARRRR mb/frenzy last night but was unsure how. Is it from hitting the Tortuga hole several times during Tortuga mb?

#4490 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Got ARRRR mb/frenzy last night but was unsure how. Is it from hitting the Tortuga hole several times during Tortuga mb?

Pirate lane award

#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am actually thinking of trying my button in Star Trek on potc. I like the spring action better on Star Trek. If it fits I will order one from PBL.

Works like a champ, perfect fit and result...I tried this last nite.
Today I placed my order for an extra button via Pinball Life!
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-38-clear-pushbutton-for-stern-lockdown-bars.html

#4492 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The square multi ball indicators above the flippers have small rectangular lights above them. What do those represent?

These are for the wizard modes. Not that I ever had one light up though...

#4493 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Works like a champ, perfect fit and result...

Cool, will get one on my next big order from them!

#4494 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Works like a champ, perfect fit and result...I tried this last nite.
Today I placed my order for an extra button via Pinball Life!
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-38-clear-pushbutton-for-stern-lockdown-bars.html

So is the solution for sticking gold buttons?

If so I may just grab one as a preventative measure.

#4495 5 years ago

It should work, it also has a stronger spring in it, so the action is better (to me) any way! There are other ways to fix the one you have earlier in this thread. Those ways work as well if you don't want to purchase another button.

#4496 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So is the solution for sticking gold buttons?
If so I may just grab one as a preventative measure.

Yes, this is the solution for the POTC sticky gold/
action button!
Stern’s button is of better quality and feel, and works perfectly.

#4497 5 years ago

I installed that button on mine and went from constant sticking to NEVER sticking. It's a great cheap fix.

#4498 5 years ago

Excellent to hear I may grab one and swap out so I never have to worry price is cheap enough for sure.

Thanks

#4499 5 years ago

Not sure if this is a problem but my ship seems to only be moving from center to the left. In test, it sways fully from right to left. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

#4500 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Leaning towards ordering a Pirates LE this week but have some code related questions.
Do the 5 movie wizard modes in Pirates play like those in other Keith Johnson games such as LOTR, WOZ, and TH in the sense of them being two ball multiballs that work the entire playfield in interesting ways? Do some or all of the wizard modes have multiple stages? Sounds like none of them have a big set piece moment currently when they are completed? By set piece moment I mean the machine going nuts, flippers killed, etc when a wizard mode is completed. Hopefully that is added in a future code update.
Also, can the games multiballs be beat or do you just keep hitting jackpot shots until one ball remains?
I know there's gameplay videos out there of the wizard modes being played but I want to avoid seeing and reading details about them.

The five wizard modes looks like more There and back again The Hobbit's wizard mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/90?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.