(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 377.
#4351 5 years ago

In the club now!! Big thanks to Chris at kingpin! No issues out of box so far

15508879548303317997084378601804 (resized).jpg15508879548303317997084378601804 (resized).jpg
#4352 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Friend was having pearl vuk problems. I checked mine which was 32 (default) and suggested he try that. It resolved the issue for him.

Thanks! It was set to 32, but it seems what it was causing it is that I had the machine with too much of a slope. Put levellers up on front and seems like it has done the trick!

#4353 5 years ago

Well, I'm gonna roll the "liars dice" and hope for minimal problems out of box.

I was in day one on a CE, then out, now going back in based on the streams, feedback and what i see.

#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Any dealer/distributor recommendations for JJPOTC? This game is just too much fun. I might even splurge for a CE.

Joe @ pinballstar has been great with me

#4355 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was in day one on a CE, then out, now going back in based on the streams, feedback and what i see.

You won’t regret it. The game is absolutely amazing. If you do have problems out of the box almost all are self fixable. http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes

#4356 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

...going back in based on the streams, feedback and what i see.

Me too! The Deadflip stream put me over the top! And who doesn't want the capability to plunder someone's ball or score? Priceless!

#4357 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was in, then out myself. Once I played the thing I was hooked. It’s obvious now why JJP wasn’t worried about the chest and disc nerfs. The game is so damn strong even without them.

#4358 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You won’t regret it. The game is absolutely amazing. If you do have problems out of the box almost all are self fixable. http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes

You guys have done a phenomenal job of documenting any issues. Its what i'd expect of this great community.

#4359 5 years ago

Was in a couple months after release, rode it out, glad I did!

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I worked with Abel Electronics for my two LEs. Gary was great and I’m very happy with the experience.
He had a CE a few weeks ago.
You should get the CE. I should have gotten the CE. The radcals and topper alone make it worth it

Quoted from DerGoetz:

For me it was not staring at JDepp.
Well worth the ticket

Glad you guys are happy with the CE, but you should save your Koolaid for that specific thread. I'm MORE than happy with the LE and the THREE THOUSAND dollars I'm saving to put toward my own mods and personalized powder coating upgrades as well as avoiding looking at the "squidface" Davey Jones artwork all the time.

Just sayin' as $9,500 is outrageous enough to spend on a pinball game. To each their own though if you have the $$$. Play on!

#4361 5 years ago

I’m getting CRAZY amounts of flipper dust from the upper playfield. What is flipper dust? I will rebuild but man so dusty.

#4362 5 years ago

Hi everyone,
Anyone have the post# for fixing the ball getting stuck on top of the ramp to the upper playfield? I think I remember someone using picks on which screws to tighten/loosen

#4363 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I’m getting CRAZY amounts of flipper dust from the upper playfield. What is flipper dust? I will rebuild but man so dusty.

I got a ton of this also, and it blackened the stock red rubbers. I clean my game several times per week but once the red rubbers became worn I replaced them with Titan silicone. They seem to run a bit cleaner.

#4364 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Hi everyone,
Anyone have the post# for fixing the ball getting stuck on top of the ramp to the upper playfield? I think I remember someone using picks on which screws to tighten/loosen

Documented at http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes but basically there is a black post with a black rubber and a screw in it. Try screwing it down, but do not overtighten. If that doesn’t fix it, remove the black rubber entirely. If THAT doesn’t fix it, get a clear cabinet bumper and stick it under the ramp to lift the left side slightly.

#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

but basically there is a black post with a black rubber and a screw in it.

Red arrow points to screw.

LTG : )

DSC00679 (resized).JPGDSC00679 (resized).JPG
#4366 5 years ago

So, I did have issues.

Shooter rod was hitting the auto plunger. Adjusted both and the height of the playfield, no longer a problem but there’s already a nick in my rubber shooter tip (nbd).

Chest was releasing two balls at a time sometimes in a multiplayer game. I adjusted the release, haven’t seen it since, but I’m keeping an eye on it.

My monitor was crooked, got that sorted out. It’s awkward to adjust though.

#4367 5 years ago

Thats perfect! Thanks much!

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Joe @ pinballstar has been great with me

+1. Great experience from start to finish and really was there for me with the couple small issues I needed resolved. Highly recommended.

#4369 5 years ago

What's everyone's shooter lane level set at?

#4370 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

What's everyone's shooter lane level set at?

Please don't set the game with the trinket bubble level. You would have better luck guessing. Get one of those free apps (Pinguy) and level it side to side and top to bottom correctly. In my opinion these games with multiple shot directions need a proper leveling. I use the app personally and they play perfectly.

#4371 5 years ago

I have one just wasnt sure now close they are

#4372 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I have one just wasnt sure now close they are

I find that if you calibrate the app on a flat surface it's actually pretty darn accurate. Plus it's great when you're on all fours trying to level having him/her tell you when you can crawl out lol. After all, we can have the ocean splashing out of that awesome pirate adventure! Enjoy that great game!

#4373 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I find that if you calibrate the app on a flat surface it's actually pretty darn accurate. Plus it's great when you're on all fours trying to level having him/her tell you when you can crawl out lol. After all, we can have the ocean splashing out of that awesome pirate adventure! Enjoy that great game!

I tried it and it works well, I think. I now have a discrepancy between the bubble on the game and the results from the app. I plays great though, so I'll just leave it as it is.

#4374 5 years ago

So my experience playing the game so far. I'm still dialing it in, but it works pretty smooth now. At first I hated the game. It didn't feel right and it didn't feel like the game I played on location which made me buy one. But this is what happpens. I started actually playing it. No more toying around but really playing. With time I learned the shots better and today it suddenly opened up. Man, what a game. Once you get a few multiballs going it pulls you in like nothing else. It's totally awesome. On my Ghostbusters I had that feeling maybe on 1 out of 20 games. With Pirates it's 1 out of 3 games. It's such a rush. And I barely scratched the surface when it comes to code. For me it's by far the best pinball experience I've ever had.

Sorry, just needed to post that...

#4375 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just setup my game. So far all seems good but I think the door to the canon shot on the top of the boat may not be working.
Tried coil test #72 and nothing happens, but I do hear a faint noise. I assume the door should open and close in this test?
Any ideas?

I can't even raise the flap fully by hand. Feels stuck.
Attached pic. Does the spring look like it should?

Lloyd, any idea on this?

Never mind. Think I just fixed it. That metal arm was hung on the edge.

20190223_075705 (resized).jpg20190223_075705 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4376 5 years ago

Ok been dialing mine in notice in two diffrent games even though I didnt shoot cannon I've gotten black pearl mb that right or do I have a switch?

#4377 5 years ago

Did you get BP multi ball through the map award?

#4378 5 years ago

No

#4380 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Glad to see you've come to the light!

#4381 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Ok been dialing mine in notice in two diffrent games even though I didnt shoot cannon I've gotten black pearl mb that right or do I have a switch?

I think you can advance BP MB by doing the BP VUK skillshot. I guess if you do that multiple times you can start the multiball without actually shooting the cannon.

#4382 5 years ago

That maybe what I'm doing then cause that's the skill shot I've been going for

#4383 5 years ago

So then when I hit the port royal shot it starts

#4384 5 years ago

Yes

#4385 5 years ago

What qualifies multi ball starts? I had a game last night that I was starting mb after mb after mb ...
Seems a bit too easy to start them

#4386 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What qualifies multi ball starts? I had a game last night that I was starting mb after mb after mb ...

Depends on the multiball. If you have long balltimes you will start some of them sooner or later. It's described really well in the manual.

#4387 5 years ago

Getting ready to make a decision on buying an LE and just wondering if the latest games off the line have less issues overall? Has anyone with a recently built game have few or no issues out of the box? I understand some tweaks are usually needed for most pins but at $9500 I would like to avoid the headaches.

Thanks!

#4388 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Getting ready to make a decision on buying an LE and just wondering if the latest games off the line have less issues overall? Has anyone with a recently built game have few or no issues out of the box? I understand some tweaks are usually needed for most pins but at $9500 I would like to avoid the headaches.
Thanks!

Just picked mine up yesterday. Build date 2/12. Solid right out of the box. Only one very small adjustment needed.

#4389 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!

Same mine has build date of 2/4 and no issues here

#4390 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!

Most have no issues. My November 2018 build had no issues.

#4391 5 years ago

My Octobre 2018 build doesn't have any issues. Some tweaks were necessary, but no issues.

#4392 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated!

#4393 5 years ago

Started to have some opto issues on the ball trough.

**EDIT** OK, figured out the ball actually isn’t rolling down all the way in the trough...not an opto issue. Going to try cleaning first. Any other recommendations?

9C1DB38E-336E-4C3A-8F48-6125B655AFD0 (resized).jpeg9C1DB38E-336E-4C3A-8F48-6125B655AFD0 (resized).jpeg

#4394 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

While I do love this game, I’d have to agree. It feels like I’m just playing multi ball after multi ball after multi ball. It’s a bit heavy on the multiballs. I may go in and make them harder to achieve in the settings.

#4395 5 years ago

The green wire on the back of the right opto on the the upper playfield broke off.(wow that is a mouthful I am assuming their is no way to fix this except for getting a new opto? I am not even sure how it is wired up. Does the opto plug into a board under the upper playfield or underneath the main playfield? Does anybuddy know were I can buy this opto? I am sure JJP will send me one but I would like to have some spares.

0BEB17E2-466D-4F30-AD0F-9680D60D7DEA (resized).jpeg0BEB17E2-466D-4F30-AD0F-9680D60D7DEA (resized).jpeg
#4396 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

While I do love this game, I’d have to agree. It feels like I’m just playing multi ball after multi ball after multi ball. It’s a bit heavy on the multiballs. I may go in and make them harder to achieve in the settings.

Smart move. It seems like people are reluctant to make thier games harder, but willing to make them eaiser. The designers have the adjustments there, realizing that people have different skill levels and also for operators to bring game times down. I remember I was getting Two Towers multiball too frequently on LOTR, so I made it more difficult to qualify. The game was much more balanced and rewarding (for me).

#4397 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

You can qualify BPM with skill shots to the ship. Each successful one skips a step. Once it’s qualified a shot to the Port Royal left orbit will kick it off.

#4398 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Started to have some opto issues on the ball trough.
**EDIT** OK, figured out the ball actually isn’t rolling down all the way in the trough...not an opto issue. Going to try cleaning first. Any other recommendations?
[quoted image]

Balls sometimes can get magnetized...and will not totally roll down the trough. Changing the balls fixed my dialed in with same issue

#4399 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Balls sometimes can get magnetized...and will not totally roll down the trough. Changing the balls fixed my dialed in with same issue

I was thinking the same thing. I had the same exact problem with my WOZ. Balls would not roll down the trough. New balls fixed the problem

#4400 5 years ago

Unfortunately the opto wire cannot be reattached in any reasonable way.

I’ve had three optos crumble to little bits so far, the entire harness, opto, and connector assembly must be replaced. It sucks. It plugs in below the pf, to answer your Q.

I had JJP send extras the last time, keeps knocking the game out of service at my location. I wish at least I could work on the C-shaped switch itself but, like new Stern node boards, they are not made to be worked on.

The optos will need to be re-engineered, methinks.

Quoted from Pinballpal:

The green wire on the back of the right opto on the the upper playfield broke off.(wow that is a mouthful I am assuming their is no way to fix this except for getting a new opto? I am not even sure how it is wired up. Does the opto plug into a board under the upper playfield or underneath the main playfield? Does anybuddy know were I can buy this opto? I am sure JJP will send me one but I would like to have some spares. [quoted image]

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/88?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.