(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 378.
#4301 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The LE has a black box on the back of the panel which reads "MICRO PLAY." The CE does not have this.
Here is before/after on the monitor settings. Click and you can arrow between the two.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very interesting. I noticed this right away when looking at my Pirates LE next to my Dialed In and WoZ. Pirates monitor looks washed out. I adjusted the settings, but no matter what I change, it's not even close as vibrant as DI.

The pics posted earlier of the CE monitor look so much better.

Brian

#4302 5 years ago

well..does that mean cheaper monitors on POTC Standard and LE than on WOZ, DI and Hobbit? And the old original style only on the POTC CE?

Only a JJP collector would be able to check on that

#4303 5 years ago

"well..does that mean cheaper monitors on POTC Standard and LE than on WOZ, DI and Hobbit? And the old original style only on the POTC CE?
Only a JJP collector would be able to check on that"

See for yourselves.
15508647366749038488768265035426 (resized).jpg15508647366749038488768265035426 (resized).jpg

#4304 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After looks much better, nice. What settings did you modify?

DCR on and color set to sRGB.

#4305 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

is that the new code? I don't think I have the treasure outlines in the upper corners..

0.98 that has been put for a few months.

#4306 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

"well..does that mean cheaper monitors on POTC Standard and LE than on WOZ, DI and Hobbit? And the old original style only on the POTC CE?
Only a JJP collector would be able to check on that"
See for yourselves.
[quoted image]

Can you snap the same exact pic but with all 3 games started on their default gameplay screen?

#4307 5 years ago

Apparently the newest machines off the line have different monitors than previous machines. For example, my LE with the build date 1/15/19 has the same monitor as Zaphx's friend's new CE (both have DVI connections and both look great). I'm assuming the switch was made on all models from HDMI to DVI since ZaphX's LE has HDMI.

#4308 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Apparently the newest machines off the line have different monitors than previous machines. For example, my LE with the build date 1/15/19 has the same monitor as Zaphx's friend's new CE (both have DVI connections and both look great). I'm assuming the switch was made on all models from HDMI to DVI since ZaphX's LE has HDMI.

Well that will suck for those of us who just got our games if the quality isn't there.

#4309 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

2 drops of dawn dish soap mixed in a spray bottle of water. Spray on back of decals. This allows you to move them around. When they are at the proper position, smooth them down. You are only spraying a mist, so you don't have water running all over the place. Once you smooth them down, then grab a towel and wipe the excess water around the edges. The soapy water allows them to be repositioned and slid while you work before the adhesive sets in. Google it...there are a few youtube vids about it. It is how I've done all my art blades and even our custom decals on our boat.

Oh! Basically the window tint method. This I can do! ...and I already have the tools for window tint. Thanks.

#4310 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well that will suck for those of us who just got our games if the quality isn't there.

Is yours an “older” model with HDMI or a “newer” one with DVI? I highly doubt there are any quality deficiencies with the older HDMI models. Maybe they just need some fine tuning?
I only commented because the question was brought up regarding monitor type based on model (SE, LE, CE).

Maybe someone from JJP can comment on the details of the monitor type change.

#4311 5 years ago

Is yours an “older” model with HDMI or a “newer” one with DVI? I highly doubt there are any quality deficiencies with the older HDMI models. Maybe they just need some fine tuning?
I only commented because the question was brought up regarding monitor type based on model (SE, LE, CE).
Maybe someone from JJP can comment on the details of the monitor type change.

Mine is made in October and it has hdmi. Looks washed out and fine tuning on the monitor doesn‘t really have any effect. A bit of a bummer...

#4312 5 years ago

We have a new lighted treasure chest mod...speed and pattern of the light can be controlled.

Available On our website and will be in our pinside shop shortly.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

IMG950155_02 (resized).jpgIMG950155_02 (resized).jpg
#4313 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Mine is made in October and it has hdmi. Looks washed out and fine tuning on the monitor doesn‘t really have any effect. A bit of a bummer...

Try DCR on and sRGB. It improved mine quite a bit.

#4314 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Last night I played Fountain of Youth wizard. Hit all the colored shots ("killing" the people on the screen), then it was just over. Did it time out...or was there something else I was supposed to be doing? If not, it was a huge disappointment. I thought there may be stages to get through. I really didn't get that many points (even less points then previous attempts at it). I also wish there was a bit of a pause to look at the instructions on the screen before the mode starts.

happened to me twice now. thought it was just me cause i was higher then a kite. but now i'm not the only one. so its the code. still ended up with a 4 mil score.

#4315 5 years ago

Lermods, will you be at TPF? If so I'll be picking one up most likely.

#4316 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Lermods, will you be at TPF? If so I'll be picking one up most likely.

yes, we will have a booth there. I will bring a few of these along, but if anyone thinks they might want this or anything else, best to let us know beforehand as we will generally have limited stock on hand. Now back to the POTC thread.

#4317 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Last night I played Fountain of Youth wizard. Hit all the colored shots ("killing" the people on the screen), then it was just over. Did it time out...or was there something else I was supposed to be doing? If not, it was a huge disappointment. I thought there may be stages to get through. I really didn't get that many points (even less points then previous attempts at it). I also wish there was a bit of a pause to look at the instructions on the screen before the mode starts.

Yup I’ve made it to the wizard modes separately and have noticed bugs with them like you describe. I think it’s just early code at this point.

#4318 5 years ago

I'll take a look at mine tonight and see what monitor type I have. I have the same build date as you.

#4319 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

yes, we will have a booth there. I will bring a few of these along, but if anyone thinks they might want this or anything else, best to let us know beforehand as we will generally have limited stock on hand. Now back to the POTC thread.

Please have one of these for me!!! As shown in the video strobing. While JJP has a mini light in there this is SO needed and glad you finally made it. The final piece of the puzzle. I will be at your booth with cash in hand!!! Thanks

FYI the link you provided does not work. Try this:

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

#4320 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I am the lucky Pirate that got to beta test this for Rob (Lermods) you won’t be disappointed. Many selections on the lighting ie Brightness, Strobing speed. Everything hidden. Does not interfere with chest shot in any way. Great looking mod.

#4321 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have a new lighted treasure chest mod...speed and pattern of the light can be controlled.

Available On our website and will be in our pinside shop shortly.
https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-illuminated-chest-light[quoted image]

My wife said this the other day.....why, why is there not a lighted beating Davy Jones heart in the chest? That's the mod I want.

#4322 5 years ago

I can’t speak for Rob but ask him if he can do Red.

#4323 5 years ago

I'm going to guess the next code update will drop at TPF. Seems like a good place for 1.x to make its debut.

#4324 5 years ago

Just Played my first couple games. Question...when I plunge it to under the ship and it says "Permission to come aboard"...should it vuk to the ship?

20190222_180635 (resized).jpg20190222_180635 (resized).jpg
#4325 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just Played my first couple games. Question...when I plunge it to under the ship and it says "Permission to come aboard"...should it vuk to the ship?
[quoted image]

Yes it should. Check the coil power. Default is 32 and what mine is set to.

#4326 5 years ago

Ok so I finally got it! Woohoo!

Mirrors and external sub hooked! Loving it. Also big order on The Mod Couple for most the mods placed (though I think I missed a pop bumper... damnnit!)

873D6404-C7AB-47D1-A847-E9777182E4D4 (resized).jpeg873D6404-C7AB-47D1-A847-E9777182E4D4 (resized).jpeg

#4327 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I am the lucky Pirate that got to beta test this for Rob (Lermods) you won’t be disappointed. Many selections on the lighting ie Brightness, Strobing speed. Everything hidden. Does not interfere with chest shot in any way. Great looking mod.

Nice mod, 2 questions, like someone else asked is red availible that makes the most sense. And can you make it beat only when ball lock is ready?

Congrats ! Are those regular mirror blades or the black? ^^

#4328 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Nice mod, 2 questions, like someone else asked is red availible that makes the most sense. And can you make it beat only when ball lock is ready?
Congrats ! Are those regular mirror blades or the black? ^^

We do offer it in red, but it is not tied.to a specific light or sound.

#4329 5 years ago

And here is on quality of the monitor.

Current settings;
4F39CE82-284E-4F0A-AD66-658640455773 (resized).jpeg4F39CE82-284E-4F0A-AD66-658640455773 (resized).jpeg01163EB4-FFBF-4881-B44E-3BB175EDAFEA (resized).jpeg01163EB4-FFBF-4881-B44E-3BB175EDAFEA (resized).jpeg

However my view on the comparison with the other JJP machines is that Pirates has all these spotlight pointing towards it. (I can actually see the reflection of them on it)
418F9E44-070A-4CAF-9C1F-42D0E6A97AC3 (resized).jpeg418F9E44-070A-4CAF-9C1F-42D0E6A97AC3 (resized).jpeg

But when a covered them;

BAD73EA4-F376-49E7-A5D1-B292A985D50F (resized).jpegBAD73EA4-F376-49E7-A5D1-B292A985D50F (resized).jpeg

I feel like it makes a big difference.

Anyway, thanks for all the Info you all post here. Definitely helps when trying to set it right

#4330 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Ok so I finally got it! Woohoo!
Mirrors and external sub hooked! Loving it. Also big order on The Mod Couple for most the mods placed (though I think I missed a pop bumper... damnnit!)
[quoted image]

Congrats! How did you connect the external sub?

#4331 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes it should. Check the coil power. Default is 32 and what mine is set to.

Mine was factory set at 18. Will bump it up and see what happens.

#4332 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

And here is on quality of the monitor.
Current settings;
[quoted image][quoted image]
However my view on the comparison with the other JJP machines is that Pirates has all these spotlight pointing towards it. (I can actually see the reflection of them on it)
[quoted image]
But when a covered them;
[quoted image]
I feel like it makes a big difference.
Anyway, thanks for all the Info you all post here. Definitely helps when trying to set it right

Thanks very much for sharing! Agree on the spots. They do affect the appearance.

#4333 5 years ago

I don't recommend increasing your contrast up so high. That will create blooming and the image won't look as crisp

This was discussed much earlier in the thread and I followed others suggestions and it was a definite improvement for me....

20190222_153200 (resized).jpg20190222_153200 (resized).jpg
#4334 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine was factory set at 18. Will bump it up and see what happens.

Let us know how you go. I seem to be having a similar issue and going to ball search st times

#4335 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Congrats! How did you connect the external sub?

Straight to internal sub.

#4336 5 years ago

Any dealer/distributor recommendations for JJPOTC? This game is just too much fun. I might even splurge for a CE.

#4337 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Let us know how you go. I seem to be having a similar issue and going to ball search st times

Friend was having pearl vuk problems. I checked mine which was 32 (default) and suggested he try that. It resolved the issue for him.

#4338 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Any dealer/distributor recommendations for JJPOTC? This game is just too much fun. I might even splurge for a CE.

I'm getting my LE from Chris at KingPin Games. I think he may have 1 or 2 CE's left.

#4339 5 years ago

Any dealer/distributor recommendations for POTC? This game is just too much fun. I might even splurge for a CE.

I worked with Abel Electronics for my two LEs. Gary was great and I’m very happy with the experience.

He had a CE a few weeks ago.

You should get the CE. I should have gotten the CE. The radcals and topper alone make it worth it.

#4340 5 years ago

For me it was not staring at JDepp.
Well worth the ticket

#4341 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

For me it was not staring at JDepp.

Exactly! LOL!

#4342 5 years ago

Joe at pinballstar is good as well. And don’t forget Zach at flip n out

#4343 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Set it to 30 and it's working fine. My try going down a hair and see if it still works.

#4344 5 years ago

Just setup my game. So far all seems good but I think the door to the canon shot may not be working.
Tried coil test #72 and nothing happens, but I do hear a faint noise. I assume the door should open and close in this test?
Any ideas?

#4345 5 years ago

Wouldn't something like this be an "easy" improvement, versus buying the CE for possibly a better display?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-27uk600-w-27-ips-led-4k-uhd-freesync-monitor-gray-white/6204328.p?skuId=6204328

#4346 5 years ago

We have 2 ce left. All of the guys mentioned will make you happy.

#4347 5 years ago

FYI: Mezelmods now has clear plastic protectors available on their website. I know Yelobird and others were looking for these!

Just ordered mine. I've ordered $200 plus in mods already.......and I won't have the pin for another 8 days!!

#4348 5 years ago

Just got mine set up thanks to @zmeny! Looks really good. No immediate issues. I may need to level the spinner a tiny bit, but it’s playing well.

Thanks Zach! Highly recommended to trust FlipNOut Pinball! He took great care of me.

E03FA6BB-41CD-4C84-90AB-7EA8F55DDCCF (resized).jpegE03FA6BB-41CD-4C84-90AB-7EA8F55DDCCF (resized).jpeg
#4349 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just setup my game. So far all seems good but I think the door to the canon shot may not be working.
Tried coil test #72 and nothing happens, but I do hear a faint noise. I assume the door should open and close in this test?
Any ideas?

I had a similar problem. It turned out not to be electrical at all. The metal door just got smushed in the canon shot lane, and had to be pried out of there physically. The coil wouldn’t fire either.

#4350 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I had a similar problem. It turned out not to be electrical at all. The metal door just got smushed in the canon shot lane, and had to be pried out of there physically. The coil wouldn’t fire either.

It feels like it's caught on something. Cant really lift it by hand either but don't want to force it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/87?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.