(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 378.
#4251 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

How did you do those leg lights heni they are cool?! I went to pbl but didn’t see anything but small lights.

Contact MustangPaul
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-led-leg-light-ups

#4252 5 years ago

Get with MustangPaul he has them in lots of colors. Have them on all my pins! You should see KingBW woz!

#4253 5 years ago

My two cents on applying decals. I've done this multiple times now with no issues. I use blue painter's tape on the edges to stick the decal exactly where I want it and then I peel back half of the decal and remove the backing, cutting the backing off of that half with a razor blade. Then I stick the decal in place. Then I remove the blue painter's tape from the other half and peel back the backing and stick it into place.
Me personally I've just never wanted to introduce any liquids into a pinball machine.

#4254 5 years ago

Like I said LED Hippie!

F449D7B6-B657-480D-BF3B-DEFE54D7A587 (resized).jpegF449D7B6-B657-480D-BF3B-DEFE54D7A587 (resized).jpeg
#4255 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

VillaThrills is probably correct. If you're not in a COTBP multi-ball, any switch on the lower playfield will shut the door to the cannon and any switch on the upper playfield will re-open the cannon door. Check your switch matrix for switches on the lower playfield that register with little interaction. I'd focus on the chapter select left/right rubbers...my left one has always been very sensitive (which requires play/adjustment). It's just pinball.

Yup, Villa was correct as you are also. When removing the pearl for cliffy install, I was cleaning the star map rubbers and bent a leaf switch that was making contact so it was shutting the gate. Thanks dudes...

#4256 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

No brainer IMO. You definitely get $1,000 worth of extras.
Now the jump from LE to CE, I can't justify that price increase. Love the CE topper but not for 3 Grand

Total agreement here

#4257 5 years ago

Anyone have some good settings for the LE monitor?

At default settings I find the LE monitor is a bit washed out looking.
The monitor in the CE appears to be a different product, and is much more colorful at default settings.

I have monitor envy

#4258 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The monitor in the CE appears to be a different product, and is much more colorful at default settings.

I found it was set in typical out-of-the-box-display torch mode and had to turn the brightness way down. Where have folks set the contrast?

#4259 5 years ago

LE vs CE. It’s a completely different monitor (controls on the back are different.)

I’m hoping to tweak mine to look as good.

1B86CF48-B2C6-463E-8F1D-F1F0DC9B2C56 (resized).jpeg1B86CF48-B2C6-463E-8F1D-F1F0DC9B2C56 (resized).jpeg76C027E8-8C10-4B81-873B-8D949285D07D (resized).jpeg76C027E8-8C10-4B81-873B-8D949285D07D (resized).jpeg
#4260 5 years ago

Vhs vs blu ray

#4261 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

LE vs CE. It’s a completely different monitor (controls on the back are different.)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh NO. Now there's something more for me to adjust/tinker with on my JJPs. That's one thing I hadn't touched on them yet.

#4262 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have monitor envy

Contrast to 85 or 90 and turn down brightness until the washed out look fades....

#4263 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

you see the same effect of saturation vs brightout at

#4264 5 years ago

How long does cliffy usually take to respond to emails? Sent him one Monday about ordering some protectors.

#4265 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Sure. The auto plunger has not been consistent on my machine no matter what coil strength setting I tried. Frequently the ball would barely make it past the pop bumpers. Sometimes to the back entrance to the Pearl and only every so often would it make it around the for a full orbit. I was trying to figure out how to adjust the forks on the auto plunger because of the slop. On mine the coil itself was a little loose and sloppy in the brackets. So I tried two zip ties on the coil. It has made a world of difference.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately didn’t fix my issues. Will try to take some slow motion video and see what’s up.

#4266 5 years ago

Might have helped, but mine are hitting the post. I think I need the washer.
Does anyone know if I can squeeze a eclip in there next to the Hairpin clip?

#4267 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How long does cliffy usually take to respond to emails? Sent him one Monday about ordering some protectors.

I sent him an email yesterday. He responded in under an hour. I would try again it may have gone to his junk box.

#4268 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I've noticed that on the LE's I've played. Figured the owners didn't tweak the settings...

Would a higher grade replacement be difficult to install at all? 27" monitor with a great refresh rate would be super cheap.

#4269 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Contrast to 85 or 90 and turn down brightness until the washed out look fades....

I don't recommend increasing your contrast up so high. That will create blooming and the image won't look as crisp

#4270 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Unfortunately didn’t fix my issues. Will try to take some slow motion video and see what’s up.

Well... It worked great 38/40 times and I thought it was fixed. Then tonight I played more games. It was NOT fixed. I don't know what the hell changed from earlier today. Grrrrrr

Back to the drawing board

#4271 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I found the plunger in the coil was hitting at an angle, causing excess friction.

I slightly bent the mounting bracket until the plunger was straight and also added a little lubricant.

I tested 100 balls and all went around the orbit.

#4272 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have monitor envy

I need to change my settings as well. Looks a bit washed out. Are the settings directly on the monitor? Can't find it in the menus.

#4273 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Interesting that they would have a different display for the CE. Unless there is a good reason it seems odd that they would carry different stock for the displays. I am curious to know more. Is there a model number on them?

#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

I need to change my settings as well. Looks a bit washed out. Are the settings directly on the monitor? Can't find it in the menus.

Pull the monitor out from the backbox so you can access the physical controls on the back of the monitor.

Ideally you want stuff intended to be dark to look dark, while still being able to see details in dark areas of the image. By default brightness is likely turned way up on your physical monitor, so it looks washed out.

It's definitely worth the minute or two it takes to dial in those settings. I was able to achieve what I think was a noticeable improvement in image quality with little trouble.

It would be cool if in the menu they included a reference image to help you set the monitor brightness, like in a horror video game. "Set brightness so this line in the series is just barely visible and the next dimmer one is just barely invisible in the black."

#4275 5 years ago

Going to pick up my game today I'll be in club soon

#4276 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Interesting that they would have a different display for the CE. Unless there is a good reason it seems odd that they would carry different stock for the displays. I am curious to know more. Is there a model number on them?

This one is the CE. I do not know if they are using a better part for CE machines, or if they simply changed suppliers during production.

I can say this one looks phenomenal, both in richness of color and in sharpness.

9B7EC7B9-CFC1-47B0-8895-EEE2135FF44F (resized).jpeg9B7EC7B9-CFC1-47B0-8895-EEE2135FF44F (resized).jpeg
#4277 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Does anyone know if I can squeeze a eclip in there next to the Hairpin clip?

Bump

#4278 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

It's definitely worth the minute or two it takes to dial in those settings. I was able to achieve what I think was a noticeable improvement in image quality with little trouble.

Can you share the settings you landed with?

#4279 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Current issue, Black pearl gate to the cannon will open with spinner then load target etc. However, when pressing the left flipper it immediately closes and the same for the right flipper but takes a few flips before it closes. Any ideas of where to start.....? LTG......

I had the same issue. Turned out to be a switch hitting in the chapter select slings that went off when I hit the flippers. It doesn't register points, so it hides well. Check that.

EDIT: Didn't read on yet. I see you found the same thing.

#4280 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I had the same issue. Turned out to be a switch hitting in the chapter select slings that went off when I hit the flippers. It doesn't register points, so it hides well. Check that.
EDIT: Didn't read on yet. I see you found the same thing.

I added this problem/solution to the potcfixes page. Thanks!

#4281 5 years ago

We have arrived.

20190222_112557 (resized).jpg20190222_112557 (resized).jpg
#4282 5 years ago

I didn't know they do tours. That would be awesome.

#4283 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

We have arrived.[quoted image]

I'm hoping to be there later today. If not Monday

#4284 5 years ago
20190222_114328 (resized).jpg20190222_114328 (resized).jpg20190222_114332 (resized).jpg20190222_114332 (resized).jpg20190222_115530 (resized).jpg20190222_115530 (resized).jpg20190222_115536 (resized).jpg20190222_115536 (resized).jpg
#4285 5 years ago

Nice!

#4286 5 years ago

Last night I played Fountain of Youth wizard. Hit all the colored shots ("killing" the people on the screen), then it was just over. Did it time out...or was there something else I was supposed to be doing? If not, it was a huge disappointment. I thought there may be stages to get through. I really didn't get that many points (even less points then previous attempts at it). I also wish there was a bit of a pause to look at the instructions on the screen before the mode starts.

#4287 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Use the wet method. Takes all the pressure off.

What the heck is the wet method?

#4288 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

What the heck is the wet method?

2 drops of dawn dish soap mixed in a spray bottle of water. Spray on back of decals. This allows you to move them around. When they are at the proper position, smooth them down. You are only spraying a mist, so you don't have water running all over the place. Once you smooth them down, then grab a towel and wipe the excess water around the edges. The soapy water allows them to be repositioned and slid while you work before the adhesive sets in. Google it...there are a few youtube vids about it. It is how I've done all my art blades and even our custom decals on our boat.

#4289 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Pull the monitor out from the backbox so you can access the physical controls on the back of the monitor.
Ideally you want stuff intended to be dark to look dark, while still being able to see details in dark areas of the image. By default brightness is likely turned way up on your physical monitor, so it looks washed out.
It would be cool if in the menu they included a reference image to help you set the monitor brightness, like in a horror video game. "Set brightness so this line in the series is just barely visible and the next dimmer one is just barely invisible in the black."

Thanks. Doesn‘t have the greatest effect to be honest. Picture looks almost the same no matter if I set brightness to 1 or to 99.

#4290 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Last night I played Fountain of Youth wizard. Hit all the colored shots ("killing" the people on the screen), then it was just over. Did it time out...or was there something else I was supposed to be doing? If not, it was a huge disappointment. I thought there may be stages to get through. I really didn't get that many points (even less points then previous attempts at it). I also wish there was a bit of a pause to look at the instructions on the screen before the mode starts.

Hopefully there's more to come for the mode. Doesn't sound complete as of now.

Do the other wizard modes have multiple stages similar to the multiple stages of the Arkentone modes in Hobbit?

#4291 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Thanks. Doesn‘t have the greatest effect to be honest. Picture looks almost the same no matter if I set brightness to 1 or to 99.

I found this to be true also.

I just messed with it some more and have it better, I think. I set DCR to ON (which removes the ability to set brightness or contrast) and set color temp to sRGB.

IMG_0542 (resized).jpegIMG_0542 (resized).jpeg
#4292 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Something is not right. Brightness and Contrast adjustments should be very noticeable.

#4293 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

This one is the CE. I do not know if they are using a better part for CE machines, or if they simply changed suppliers during production.
I can say this one looks phenomenal, both in richness of color and in sharpness.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing! This looks like it is just a JJP P/N# label, I assume that we all have the same P/N#, in this case. The actual brand and model of display would be under that metal housing. I'll look at mine when I am in there next.

#4294 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks for sharing! This looks like it is just a JJP P/N# label, I assume that we all have the same P/N#, in this case. The actual brand and model of display would be under that metal housing. I'll look at mine when I am in there next.

The LE has a black box on the back of the panel which reads "MICRO PLAY." The CE does not have this.

Here is before/after on the monitor settings. Click and you can arrow between the two.

Before (resized).pngBefore (resized).pngAfter (resized).pngAfter (resized).png
#4295 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The LE has a black box on the back of the panel which reads "MICRO PLAY." The CE does not have this.
Here is before/after on the monitor settings. Click and you can arrow between the two.

After looks much better, nice. What settings did you modify?

#4296 5 years ago

First one has a more greenish tint, second more red.

#4297 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I found this to be true also.
I just messed with it some more and have it better, I think. I set DCR to ON (which removes the ability to set brightness or contrast) and set color temp to sRGB.[quoted image]

is that the new code? I don't think I have the treasure outlines in the upper corners..

#4298 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think the before looks better

#4299 5 years ago

Assuming an HDMI input to the LCD, I'm wondering if hooking up my BluRay Player with a calibration DVD will be worthwhile.....Hmmm.....

#4300 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

is that the new code? I don't think I have the treasure outlines in the upper corners..

Those treasure outlines I've seen since the first POTC preview on SDTM 12-15 months ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.