(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 377.
#4201 5 years ago

That one above I think is perfect for the CE but the LE should dare I say it be Depp which based on other people's info is very hard to find

#4202 5 years ago

I have heard that Disney is rebooting the franchise with a female pirate lead, possibly Redd from the auction scene of the ride being modified to a pirate at theme parks.

My thought is in a year or two we will have a new movie and it will be great to add Redd/new pirate character to replace Tortuga Tom.

I’ll post an update of this project in 2-3 years here so everyone can see how it turns out.

#4203 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Post 2473 I believe. Around page 50. You make it yourself if you can find the character.

Thanks so much!!! Awesome!!!!

#4204 5 years ago

Well it took me Forever to get to installing the black chrome mirror blades but I Finally did it. Not a difficult install just need to go slow and understand this be a Tight ship!! First off if anyone is considering this you Must also have the side art protectors from Pinball Life. Thats the only way these will stay looking great. Install is fairly straight forward though a note of caution, JJP uses a flared bolt for the backbox pivot so you have to punch it out of the cabinet carefully. After removal I filed the flare edge off so installation was easier as the bolt needs to go through the mirror blade. Install blade and Immediately put the protector on! Lower playfield and behold. To me there is no art more beautiful in this game then More pirates playfield. They look really nice and the black mirror really fits the theme very well in my opinion. Also note the New custom label mod I added to the playfield glass under the lock bar so I Don't have any ohh ohh moments. lol

IMG_2274 (resized).jpgIMG_2274 (resized).jpgIMG_2276 (resized).jpgIMG_2276 (resized).jpgIMG_2277 (resized).jpgIMG_2277 (resized).jpgIMG_2281 (resized).jpgIMG_2281 (resized).jpg
#4205 5 years ago

You know I’m not actually a mirror blade fan those look damn good. Where did they come from?

The label pure genius lol!

#4206 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

A very good start but needs improvement. There are errors and omissions it seems.
IE: pop bumper mystery colors are backwards I believe (RED and WHITE)
Also, missing the point of the rollover button at loop to drop into the bumpers, this will increase the lowest mystery light by one.
The guide simply says: Pop bumper entrance - Small gap near the loop that has a rollover. The ball tends to fall into this area at random.

It’s not my wiki page, it’s just something I came across. For example, I know ‘Spot Character’ lights if you’re in a chapter and you hit the same character shot as the captain you chose. The spot character target lights to credit you another random character on that chapter. If you selected Henry at the start, it’s always lit.

So yeah, it needs improvement.

#4207 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

You know I’m not actually a mirror blade fan those look damn good. Where did they come from?
The label pure genius lol!

I ordered them from Joey at Pinballdecals.com They do not list the JJP games but the WMS blades are an exact fit. The ones shown are the Black Chrome version. Thanks on the label. My wife Loves that I label Everything in the house!! lolol

#4208 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Problem ... the autolaunch is not working consistently so many balls fed during multiball don't reach the playfield and you have to manual plunge to get them in play. Plunger forks had to be realigned and appears to be fixed now..

Please explain more exactly how you realigned the auto plunger forks. Thanks

#4209 5 years ago

Finally got my game yesterday. I'm super happy with it. LE number 554. I had zero issues, except one. I will explain in the next post.

POTC2 (resized).jpegPOTC2 (resized).jpegPOTC1 (resized).jpegPOTC1 (resized).jpegPOTC3 (resized).jpegPOTC3 (resized).jpeg
#4210 5 years ago

I had one issue with my new POTC LE. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here. When I pulled out the playfield, it got stuck. I noticed one of the wire harness leading up to the backbox got tangled up behind the plastic on the first picture. Of course I had to pull quite a bit to be able to reach it and untangle it. I lowered the backbox to check if everything is allright and I noticed I had a lot of strain on the right wire harness. To the point where I could almost not lower the backbox. The problem is, that whenever I push the playfield back in, the harness gets tangled up behind that plastic. It's hard to take a picture, but you can see what I mean on the next few pics.

Can you confirm, that on your machines the harness rests on the same side of the cartboard covering up the powerline?

Of course you don't lower the backbox everyday, but I would feel much better knowing those harnesses are set as they are supposed to when pushing back the playfield.

POTC5 (resized).jpgPOTC5 (resized).jpgPOTC6 (resized).jpegPOTC6 (resized).jpegPOTC4 (resized).jpegPOTC4 (resized).jpeg
#4211 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

It’s not my wiki page, it’s just something I came across. For example, I know ‘Spot Character’ lights if you’re in a chapter and you hit the same character shot as the captain you chose. The spot character target lights to credit you another random character on that chapter. If you selected Henry at the start, it’s always lit.
So yeah, it needs improvement.

I knew that you were sharing the link as a suggestion. Thanks for posting for the club, I've been on it but hadn't shared the link.

It is a great site and that rule sheet contains a killer amount of info. I would prefer to see an accurate rules list in the main post, instead of having to read through all of the posts to pick up on the omissions and errors. This said, I could always just try to contact him if there is something that I know for certain requires change or adding

#4212 5 years ago

So is everyone agreeing that the disk is too loud?

Is the silencer a must?

#4213 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Is the silencer a must?

I've adjusted mine a bit but yes it is too loud and needs to be dampened. I have not ordered a kit yet, looking for a combined order.

IMO JJP should be providing this but hats off to TheModCouple for coming up with the fix!

#4214 5 years ago
Quoted from Nostaw:

I have heard that Disney is rebooting the franchise with a female pirate lead, possibly Redd from the auction scene of the ride being modified to a pirate at theme parks.

Of course they are. There is simply far too much toxic masculinity in this world.

#4215 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Is the silencer a must?

Yes and YES!

I cant hear mine at all any more. Note: I used dry gear lubricant that I ordered from the EU from here:

https://www.dryfluids-shop.com/epages/63013811.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63013811/Products/"42%206026908%20073%201"

Only WLG I used was at the one point where the shim was placed. If you order the kit, you will know where this spot is.

#4216 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

Finally got my game yesterday. I'm super happy with it. LE number 554. I had zero issues, except one. I will explain in the next post.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very glad to hear it!!! Out of curiosity what is your build date?

I’m not quite following the harness issue you mentioned. Pics are hard to discern.

#4217 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Of course they are. There is simply far too much toxic masculinity in this world.

Ha!

#4218 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pics are hard to discern.

I am the same, kinda hard to make out what's going on.

#4219 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Very glad to hear it!!! Out of curiosity what is your build date?
I’m not quite following the harness issue you mentioned. Pics are hard to discern.

From memory it's 13 October.

I think my limited english skills make it hard to explain. The dark pics probably don't help. I'll try to make the pics brighter and paint on them. Is it called harness? The bundle of cables covered with a black plastic hose? I think when I push back the playfield in order to put the glass back on, it somehow gets tangled up with the plastic piece from the Black Pearl VUK. It then puts strain on the cables when you lower the backbox or it prevents the playfield from easily slide back when you need to work on it. I'm not sure why this happens.

Better pics coming later. Appreciate the help.

#4220 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

From memory it's 13 October.
I think my limited english skills make it hard to explain. The dark pics probably don't help. I'll try to make the pics brighter and paint on them. Is it called harness? The bundle of cables covered with a black plastic hose? I think when I push back the playfield in order to put the glass back on, it somehow gets tangled up with the plastic piece from the Black Pearl VUK. It then puts strain on the cables when you lower the backbox or it prevents the playfield from easily slide back when you need to work on it. I'm not sure why this happens.
Better pics coming later. Appreciate the help.

Did you remove all the foam blocks behind the playfield? There is one screwed into the back of the cabinet you should remove and keep if you ever move the cabinet.

#4221 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yellow arrow points to leaf blade stack below the target. Thin pliers or something. Gently grab the sides of the leaf blade stack and move to the left, direction of the blue arrow.
A little should do it. And save tearing things apart.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Negative. That would only make the issue worse with dead hits to the guide rail.

#4222 5 years ago

Well I was able to fix my issue with the "load" switch to the left of the chest. I removed the chest and the rail. I used a bench grinder to shorten the rail. I also widened one of the screw holes so I could move the rail closer to the target. The rail is now nicely tucked behind the target and causes zero issues. No more switch problems and more importantly no more dead hits to that rail.

JJP team - you may want to look into this.

chest (resized).jpgchest (resized).jpg
#4223 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

nighttrain here is a couple of pics of mine. Looks as if the guides is more behind the target. [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah yours looks good. Mine definitely did not look like that. I've got it all fixed now. Thank you for posting this.

#4224 5 years ago

I went ahead and tried the old school double zip tie around the coil trick on the autoplunger. Goddamn it works great now! Night and day.
Combining the zip ties with the auto launch coil strength at 32 fires the ball all the way around the orbit 95% of the time now. No joke

#4225 5 years ago

Considering adding some Britebuttons LED flipper buttons to my LE - anyone have any input on what color would go best with this model. If it was the CE I would go green for sure for the LE no clue - blue maybe, yellow perhaps or what about the blacklight version which is a deep looking purple.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4226 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I went ahead and tried the old school double zip tie around the coil trick on the autoplunger. Goddamn it works great now! Night and day.
Combining the zip ties with the auto launch coil strength at 32 fires the ball all the way around the orbit 95% of the time now. No joke

Can you elaborate on the problem and the fix?

#4227 5 years ago

^blue.

#4228 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can you elaborate on the problem and the fix?

Sure. The auto plunger has not been consistent on my machine no matter what coil strength setting I tried. Frequently the ball would barely make it past the pop bumpers. Sometimes to the back entrance to the Pearl and only every so often would it make it around the for a full orbit. I was trying to figure out how to adjust the forks on the auto plunger because of the slop. On mine the coil itself was a little loose and sloppy in the brackets. So I tried two zip ties on the coil. It has made a world of difference.

20190221_103522 (resized).jpg20190221_103522 (resized).jpg
#4229 5 years ago

I have the blue, got them from PBL. Work great!!! I am like a LED Hippie!

#4230 5 years ago
D4171B3C-4376-45E3-96CA-CA06FBB20415 (resized).jpegD4171B3C-4376-45E3-96CA-CA06FBB20415 (resized).jpeg
#4231 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Sure. The auto plunger has not been consistent on my machine no matter what coil strength setting I tried. Frequently the ball would barely make it past the pop bumpers. Sometimes to the back entrance to the Pearl and only every so often would it make it around the for a full orbit. I was trying to figure out how to adjust the forks on the auto plunger because of the slop. On mine the coil itself was a little loose and sloppy in the brackets. So I tried two zip ties on the coil. It has made a world of difference.
[quoted image]

Thanks! I have some intermittent autoplunge failures myself. I will check this out tonight and will add to the potcfixes page.

#4232 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

[quoted image]

LED hippie, LOL!

Blue it is then, that was my initial thought as well.

#4233 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have some intermittent autoplunge failures myself

I will also give this a shot!

#4234 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Yes and YES!
I cant hear mine at all any more. Note: I used dry gear lubricant that I ordered from the EU from here:
https://www.dryfluids-shop.com/epages/63013811.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63013811/Products/"42%206026908%20073%201"
Only WLG I used was at the one point where the shim was placed. If you order the kit, you will know where this spot is.

Great! Thanks for the link! I’ll see if I can find something similar here in Aus. And will definitely get the kit, since I pretty much want every moth themodcouple got anyway!

#4235 5 years ago

Watch out little doggy, that Kraken's gonna get you!

15507839638266837460244449482163 (resized).jpg15507839638266837460244449482163 (resized).jpg
#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks! I have some intermittent autoplunge failures myself. I will check this out tonight and will add to the potcfixes page.

I think my buddy had some plunger issues that were fixed with an extra washer somewhere.

Curious what peoples thoughts are on SE vs LE?

#4237 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Watch out little doggy, that Kraken's gonna get you!
[quoted image]

Man, I am thrilled about that side art. The entire process of working with them to design, and the awesome suggestion by @kingbw made these blades look so good!

It's a shame I haven't had a hand to get them installed. Last time I tried to install them, on a different machine, alone I screwed them up bigtime. Uggggg.

#4238 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Man, I am thrilled about that side art. The entire process of working with them to design, and the awesome suggestion by @kingbw made these blades look so good!
It's a shame I haven't had a hand to get them installed. Last time I tried to install them, on a different machine, alone I screwed them up bigtime. Uggggg.

Is the side art available? I would like to see more pic of it. I'm undecided on the art and that black mirror.

#4239 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Use the wet method. Takes all the pressure off.

#4240 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Is the side art available? I would like to see more pic of it. I'm undecided on the art and that black mirror.

Look at my posts and villathrills. Both have posted pics with tiltgraphics art. It looks fantastic.

#4241 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

If as #Crile1 noted you use the wet method (and have a friend help) they are fairly easy to install. I personally have used a dusting of windex on the back of the blade and cabinet for years and never had an issue installing on many games. It drys quick and easy to clean up fast. Good Luck.

#4242 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think my buddy had some plunger issues that were fixed with an extra washer somewhere.
Curious what peoples thoughts are on SE vs LE?

SE vs LE is a no-brainer. For $1000 you get:

- Shaker motor
- Invisiglass
- Powder coated rails
- Star map
- Topper
- Spinner pop bumpers

Probably a few more things I am forgetting.

#4243 5 years ago

Wife says this one is the best so far!
I think because it’s a dog

7AF65FF5-0A90-4C76-957A-E79DEFB6D52E (resized).jpeg7AF65FF5-0A90-4C76-957A-E79DEFB6D52E (resized).jpeg
#4244 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

SE vs LE is a no-brainer. For $1000 you get:
- Shaker motor
- Invisiglass
- Powder coated rails
- Star map
- Topper
- Spinner pop bumpers
Probably a few more things I am forgetting.

Rgb gi lighting (this and the star map CAN NOT be added later)

Cave on left side
Target decals
Numbered plaque
Headphone jack

#4245 5 years ago

Current issue, Black pearl gate to the cannon will open with spinner then load target etc. However, when pressing the left flipper it immediately closes and the same for the right flipper but takes a few flips before it closes. Any ideas of where to start.....? LTG......

#4246 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Current issue, Black pearl gate to the cannon will open with spinner then load target etc. However, when pressing the left flipper it immediately closes and the same for the right flipper but takes a few flips before it closes. Any ideas of where to start.....? LTG......

You probably have a sensitive switch hit someplace. Go to the switch matrix test and hit the right side of the cabinet to see if something registers.

#4247 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

You probably have a sensitive switch hit someplace. Go to the switch matrix test and hit the right side of the cabinet to see if something registers.

Thanks, will check that now...

#4248 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

VillaThrills is probably correct. If you're not in a COTBP multi-ball, any switch on the lower playfield will shut the door to the cannon and any switch on the upper playfield will re-open the cannon door. Check your switch matrix for switches on the lower playfield that register with little interaction. I'd focus on the chapter select left/right rubbers...my left one has always been very sensitive (which requires play/adjustment). It's just pinball.

#4249 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think Curious what peoples thoughts are on SE vs LE?

No brainer IMO. You definitely get $1,000 worth of extras.
Now the jump from LE to CE, I can't justify that price increase. Love the CE topper but not for 3 Grand

#4250 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

[quoted image]

How did you do those leg lights heni they are cool?! I went to pbl but didn’t see anything but small lights.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
30,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/85?hl=marz_78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.